PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Pittsky
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
if i was ben, i would be taking whatever they gave me with a smile....he's lucky he can still play in the league...that's just how i feel....

irishman
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't believe all these posters think Ben is innocent regardless if they can prove it or not. If it was just one woman then I would agree but you have MULTIPLE women coming forward and accusing sexual assult. That's a pattern folks. Lets face it, if this was a player on another team everyone here would be saying how guilty he is.

To everyone that said he shouldn't be suspended because he wasn't found guilty in a court of law is irrelevant. The commish can suspend anyone that makes the league look bad in any way. He's done it a few times now.

Also, it appears it's a 6 game suspension but can be reduced to 4 if he's on his best behavior. I doubt the commish would go any lower then that.

Steelers>NFL
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
OMFG, i thought i was the only one that understood this
everyone else is just like, Big ben didnt do it, well ya duh they found that out, BUT he still was out doing shit not allowed by the NFL
Exactly.
We have bigger problems in the US with Obama and his socialize health care.
Now that is a crock of $hit! (sorry for temporarily changing the subject here)
BB getting suspended was deserved. He needed something big to ground his a$$.
And he just got it! :applaudit:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Mike Vick served a prison sentence. You people forgot that.

It sucks, but Ben brought this on himself and the team by being a douchebag and an idiot. Even if he wasn't charged, Goofall looked over the testimony and stories in the papers, which in of itself makes Ben look plenty guilty. You just couldn't keep to yourself, huh Ben?

I'm already coming to grips with the fact that the 2010 Steelers will be a vastly inferior team this year until proven otherwise. Our D fell off last year, now it looks like the Offense will suffer too.

Nobody forgets that he was in prison, the reason he was in prison was not goodell's decesion, the nfl and the legal system are two different entities. And the reason he served 2 years was because he was convicted of a crime Ben was not. Goodell suspended vick for a brutall dog fighting ring hes suspending roethlisberger for bathroom sex. This is not just unfair to Ben but also the rest of the league and i expect the players union to step in.

Steel_12
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Mike Vick served a prison sentence. You people forgot that.

It sucks, but Ben brought this on himself and the team by being a douchebag and an idiot. Even if he wasn't charged, Goofall looked over the testimony and stories in the papers, which in of itself makes Ben look plenty guilty. You just couldn't keep to yourself, huh Ben?

I'm already coming to grips with the fact that the 2010 Steelers will be a vastly inferior team this year until proven otherwise. Our D fell off last year, now it looks like the Offense will suffer too.

Thank you...Vick missed way more games than 6. This is FAR from reverse racism...This is Goodell being consistent with his "Ironfist" ways.

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Thank you...Vick missed way more games than 6. This is FAR from reverse racism...This is Goodell being consistent with his "Ironfist" ways.

wait a minute doesnt reveres racism mean no racism:noidea:

whatdoiknow
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I can't believe all these posters think Ben is innocent regardless if they can prove it or not. If it was just one woman then I would agree but you have MULTIPLE women coming forward and accusing sexual assult. That's a pattern folks. Lets face it, if this was a player on another team everyone here would be saying how guilty he is.

To everyone that said he shouldn't be suspended because he wasn't found guilty in a court of law is irrelevant. The commish can suspend anyone that makes the league look bad in any way. He's done it a few times now.

Also, it appears it's a 6 game suspension but can be reduced to 4 if he's on his best behavior. I doubt the commish would go any lower then that.

So, you think the Nevada report was a " Legit " Incident ? Even though that woman didn't go to the police right after,,or even a whole year after. Even though her best friend said that she was bragging about sleeping with Ben in a e-mail, and said that Ben is going to be the father of her kids ? Even though she CLAIMS that she went up to Ben Hotel room cause Ben called and said that the TV didn't work, but yet the Hotel's management said that as a " Guest Relations " worker,,,that wouldn't even be her JOB to do that. All she would do, or a front desk clerk would do was call Maintenence...but she went up to his room ? Oh and by the way,,IF she would have reported this right away, then ALL these claims could have been confirmed by the video cameras, or the phone records to see IF Ben actually called down at that time like she said. But, by waiting all that time, ALL Hotels erase theri cameras and phone records after a few months...Gee...How CONVENIENT Huh ?

And you have the stupidity to call THAT a first strike against Ben ? How utterly Moronic of you!!

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
I really hope this report is wrong. But if not, and Ben has to cowtow to all those conditions JUST to get it to a 4 game suspension. Then I hope,,,I really HOPE Ben comeback, wins every game the rest of the wayh, takes us to the playoffs, and wins another Super Bowl, and in the national Interview on TV he tells Goodell, and Dan & Art Rooney to go and F,CK themselves, and totally tears up his contract and leaves Pittsburgh...I really do.

wow, worst post I've read in a while.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
We just deal with whatever happens and move on. If we go 4-2, we are just fine. if we go 0-6, then he has to win 10 in a row and we hope for the playoffs.

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.

HERE WE GO!

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Why is everyone so surprised by this? I was prepared for it to be AT LEAST 4 games, and I've read that the Steelers were prepared for it to be 8 games. This should take no one by surprise, and honestly, if Ben's to stay with this organization, I think this time away is absolutely necessary. Make it hurt, allow him to see how his behavior has a negative impact on the team.

Same here - I was expecting 8 games due to the way this blew up in the media, to be honest.

Prok
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
If this is confirmed, 6 games is ridiculous. I would have been OK with 4 games with the possibility of reducing it to 2 if Ben attends counseling but 6 is insane.
s.

That's about where I stand as well. 4 games with reduction to 2 with counseling etc would have been sufficient.

plenewken
So, you think the Nevada report was a " Legit " Incident ? Even though that woman didn't go to the police right after,,or even a whole year after. Even though her best friend said that she was bragging about sleeping with Ben in a e-mail, and said that Ben is going to be the father of her kids ? Even though she CLAIMS that she went up to Ben Hotel room cause Ben called and said that the TV didn't work, but yet the Hotel's management said that as a " Guest Relations " worker,,,that wouldn't even be her JOB to do that. All she would do, or a front desk clerk would do was call Maintenence...but she went up to his room ? Oh and by the way,,IF she would have reported this right away, then ALL these claims could have been confirmed by the video cameras, or the phone records to see IF Ben actually called down at that time like she said. But, by waiting all that time, ALL Hotels erase theri cameras and phone records after a few months...Gee...How CONVENIENT Huh ?

And you have the stupidity to call THAT a first strike against Ben ? How utterly Moronic of you!!

You don't have to insult someone to make a point.
She claims that she tried to have maintenance take care of the TV but no one was available and she went to check because Ben asked her to come to his room
Oh, and by the way, his TV was working perfectly .................

steeldawg

Ok your statement is just dumb! you dont see how people can think ben is innocent regardless of if theres proof. I honestly dont see how you say hes guilty. And lets analyze this so called pattern . The first civil case look like a joke so much that ben has brought a counter law suit against the woman. So say he wins the counter suit and its determined it didnt happen coupled with no charges is this case really where is the pattern. Some of us rely on facts.

HometownGal
Though I feel 6 games is a little harsh, it is what it is. Maybe during this suspension, he can find some pecker glue and glue Mr. Happy to the side of his leg.

dysthymic
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Same here - I was expecting 8 games due to the way this blew up in the media, to be honest.

He deserves more than what he got. He's a disgrace to the organization.

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Everybody just take a moment, step back and take a deep breath. Now, while I will not go so far as to offer a guarantee, I believe Ben will serve 2 games or less.

My reasons, simple, the players union with their lawyers will fight this on the leagues behave not Ben's. Goodell suspension sets a precedent, one where even if you are legally investigated for a crime and said crime was found lacking evidence to prosecute you can and will be suspended. This opens all sorts of cans of worms. Like will Goodell suspend the Colt player because he was accused or will he now wait and if the player is not charged suspend him also. What accusations warrant a suspension now. Hey I am not a lawyer, if any members are lawyers I would like your take on tis and I am sure a lot of us would.

lamberts-lost-tooth

Someone is looking to get....:banned:

bozz723
Hey guys no illegitimate children for NFL players now. Most of the league is suspended so it's no big deal. Goodell only wants "SOLID FAMILY STRUCTURE AND VALUES" from now on.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 10:30 AM

Considering that he wasn't so much as charged with anything, what, exactly, did he "deserve?"

vasteeler

yeah 2 lombardis real disgraceful :doh:

Dino 6 Rings

Sniff Sniff...I smell troll...

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Everybody just take a moment, step back and take a deep breath. Now, while I will not go so far as to offer a guarantee, I believe Ben will serve 2 games or less.

My reasons, simple, the players union with their lawyers will fight this on the leagues behave not Ben's. Goodell suspension sets a precedent, one where even if you are legally investigated for a crime and said crime was found lacking evidence to prosecute you can and will be suspended. This opens all sorts of cans of worms. Like will Goodell suspend the Colt player because he was accused or will he now wait and if the player is not charged suspend him also. What accusations warrant a suspension now. Hey I am not a lawyer, if any members are lawyers I would like your take on tis and I am sure a lot of us would.

I tend to agree, Ben won't fight it, the Union will. And even though Roger G is the "final say" he has to reduce it because the argument for suspending Ben for 6 games with zero charges filed is just not going to hold water, especially since owners and players are about to start working on a new contract.

He goes high, says "Six" knowing it'll be fought, it'll be reduced to 2-4, maybe 3. why not an odd number...3.

Ricco Suavez
Sniff Sniff...I smell troll...
First post too

lamberts-lost-tooth

I am trying to remember a specific incident in which someone was suspended...even though no charges of any kind were filed.

Can anyone help me with this?

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
You don't have to insult someone to make a point.
She claims that she tried to have maintenance take care of the TV but no one was available and she went to check because Ben asked her to come to his room
Oh, and by the way, his TV was working perfectly .................

LOL So a hotel catering to millionaire vips does not have maintence readily available. So if Micheal jordans air conditioner breaks, they are going to say sorry mr jordan maintence will back tomorrow. That story is bs!Oh his tv was working ah ha! he must of raped her. Omg you can read this case file and see that its ridiculous.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I am trying to remember a specific incident in which someone was suspended...even though no charges of any kind were filed.

was Pacman actually charged in the "make it rain" incident?

Did Jamal Lewis actually get suspended for games after serving time for setting up a drug deal?

plenewken
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I tend to agree, Ben won't fight it, the Union will. And even though Roger G is the "final say" he has to reduce it because the argument for suspending Ben for 6 games with zero charges filed is just not going to hold water, especially since owners and players are about to start working on a new contract.

He goes high, says "Six" knowing it'll be fought, it'll be reduced to 2-4, maybe 3. why not an odd number...3.

Makes sense. It puts the burden on Ben to behave and to take the appropriate measure to make sure it doesn't happen again (counseling etc......).

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
was Pacman actually charged in the "make it rain" incident?

Yes, he was: http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=6686040&nav=168YcR4p

ARKIESTEEL
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
If there is any thing good that could come out of this, and I am saying it aint real good, but we will have a rested and ready to go QB in the later parts of the season. Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons...................

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I would like to hear from some legal experts, sorry guys watching reruns of night court does not count. I heard the guy that fills in on Mike & Mike some sp/? Casiella, guy was or is a lawyer now a sportscaster, he said legally Ben should not be suspended. I know this matter could have some info that has failed to come to light(honestly I do not see how though) but based on what we know is this legal? Does the Players union have a leg to stand on.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
If there is any thing good that could come out of this, and I am saying it aint real good, but we will have a rested and ready to go QB in the later parts of the season. Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons...................

Yep, maybe he'll actually finish with under 40 sacks this year....

Sansi
04-21-2010, 10:39 AM
They also just reported that they have put out feelers asking for a top ten pick in return for Ben at the same time they reported that it was definite that Ben would get 4-6. So we'll see how real all of this is I guess.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I would like to hear from some legal experts, sorry guys watching reruns of night court does not count. I heard the guy that fills in on Mike & Mike some sp/? Casiella, guy was or is a lawyer now a sportscaster, he said legally Ben should not be suspended. I know this matter could have some info that has failed to come to light(honestly I do not see how though) but based on what we know is this legal? Does the Players union have a leg to stand on.

I have the same question you do. But being the conduct policy is so vague im sure he can do it. However i do the the players union will get involved as they do not want this precedent set.

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
looks to me like goodell just appeased all the al sharpton disciples....:noidea:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
They also just reported that they have put out feelers asking for a top ten pick in return for Ben at the same time they reported that it was definite that Ben would get 4-6. So we'll see how real all of this is I guess.

A top 10 pick!!????? im watching espn and i didnt see this. It would be tough to trade him for 2 number 1's so i dont believe that report for sec.

Sansi
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
A top 10 pick!!????? im watching espn and i didnt see this. It would be tough to trade him for 2 number 1's so i dont believe that report for sec.

They spent about 5 minutes on it. They even went to commercial with a big bombastic teaser "News about a POSSIBLE BIG BEN TRADE!" Then Schefter came on and said the Bills, Raiders, and possibly the Seahawks are top ten pick teams in need of a QB so it could be one of those teams.

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I like Ben and definitely don't want to see him in another uniform. But I'm not a fan of players unless they are wearing the Black and Gold.

It will always be GO STEELERS!!!!

And if Ben gets traded, then sorry but you're now the enemy, just like all those people that went to the cardinals (or other teams).

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
hey maybe we can get the Rams #1 pick and Steven Jackson in a trade....

for the record, my wife calls Jackson the Uruk Hai (from lord of the rings)

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Roethlisberger. PERIOD! He's proved himself on the field and I really think the Rooney's should give him that 'second' chance to prove himself off the field.

polamalubeast
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Tim Tebow:toofunny:

truesteelerfan
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I trust the Rooneys to do the right thing and let Goodell know its not HIS league - I think as upstanding, respected owners we need to let Goodell know his role and establish some sort of a counsel or committee to determine things such as suspensions so too much power is not in the hands of one individual who has the ability to hand out suspensions on a whim, or to try and "get tough".

steeldawg
They spent about 5 minutes on it. They even went to commercial with a big bombastic teaser "News about a POSSIBLE BIG BEN TRADE!" Then Schefter came on and said the Bills, Raiders, and possibly the Seahawks are top ten pick teams in need of a QB so it could be one of those teams.

Oh ok just saw it but they said the steelers are not shopping him. they hyped up nothing they said that apparently teams have calling the steelers.

Curtain_of_Steel
The only trade that would interest me is

SF's 2 #1 and their #2

We give them BB and Colon and our #4

However I do not want to trade him, nor do i feel a suspension is warranted.

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 10:53 AM
I think 4-6 games is unfair, to the Steelers franchise, and to us, the fans. So now, the city of Pittsburgh will have to pay the penalty. A Penalty for something that has yet to be proven.

I understand what Goodell is trying to do, but he is hurting the people in the long-run that are supporting the NFL. Mr. Goddell, why are you taking this out on us? The supporters of the NFL??!!

truesteelerfan
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I trust the Rooneys to do the right thing and let Goodell know its not HIS league - I think as upstanding, respected owners we need to let Goodell know his role and establish some sort of a counsel or committee to determine things such as suspensions so too much power is not in the hands of one individual who has the ability to hand out suspensions on a whim, or to try and "get tough".

I don't care if its Ben, Pac-man, Vick, etc. One man should not have this much power in an organization worth Billions! He's not a king.

Sansi
Oh ok just saw it but they said the steelers are not shopping him. they hyped up nothing they said that apparently teams have calling the steelers.

That was Bouchette. Schefter said different. Umm I don't think it will happen at all but I am just pointing out Schefter's report. He is a toss up on accuracy.

fansince'76
I don't want a shot at a SB...saw that enough in the 90's.

Yep, after a certain point I even went into every AFCCG with a sinking feeling in my gut that the scrub behind center we had at the time would do something to screw it up, and I was never "disappointed."

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
how quaint that we play the ratbirds in week 4. Good Deal set this up with his obvious and blatant disrespect and hatred for the Steelers. I'm surprised we don't play the patriots* in the first 4 weeks.

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
This suspension plays out great for the Rooneys though. Put yourself in their shoes. They have had a PR disaster for the last few weeks. Every media is running stories about your star QB in not very flattering light, you are quietly being accused of treating non-white players differently than the white players, and you have a fan base that is as divided as you can get. (Unless Arians could somehow be involved in Ben's entourage in which case we could all be united in the get rid of Arians campaign.)

The Rooneys desperately want Ben to mature and quit his folly days, but they really can't without looking at the other members of the team. They can't just trade him or suspend themselves because: number one what if this all comes out to be a complete fabrication and Ben is truly innocent of nothing more than being in the wrong place, a stretch some will say but a chance just the same. Two a trade could be worse, you earn back the trust of the fans who are alienated right now, but if losses pile up and if Ben goes to another team and wins a Superbowl or two, without so much as another blemish on his private life, how long before those fans cry out what fools they where. Steelers fans have never been fickle with players or owners,sarcasm if you did not catch that.

This plays out great for the Rooneys, they do not have to actually be the ones who punish Ben, but they get what they hope is a wakeup call for their star. They know that Roger will take all the flack over this and they will be applauded for not fighting the suspension. Then they can sit back and let the Players union do their work and possibly they have Ben back after only two weeks. Their image is saved for now and all they have to worry about is when the next incident will come from, hopefully not Ben.

pete74
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't want Bradford. He will never be a rothlisberger.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-21-2010, 10:57 AM
If the Steelers shop him, his value goes down. They will never say they are shopping, but we would listen to offers.
Unless the suspension comes down before the draft, I doubt teams will take the unknowing risk. I was hoping the commissioner would hold true to his word and it would be weeks out after the draft.

I do not want bradford, nor do i want claussen, therefore I would hope if they traded for the top pick, they would trade down further and grab another first next year, and 1 this year and a 2. I do not think the steelers would pay an unrpoven fragile rookie more than Ben, which is pretty much what it would take to sign and top pick qb

SteveS
04-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Cowherd just played Shefter's sound bite. Shefter DID use the words "shopping him around for a top 10".

Cowherd suprisingly has made some good points about this report calling it classic overreaction by the Steelers and thinks it would be insane to trade him away.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
If the Steelers shop him, his value goes down. They will never say they are shopping, but we would listen to offers.
Unless the suspension comes down before the draft, I doubt teams will take the unknowing risk. I was hoping the commissioner would hold true to his word and it would be weeks out after the draft.

I do not want bradford, nor do i want claussen, therefore I would hope if they traded for the top pick, they would trade down further and grab another first next year, and 1 this year and a 2. I do not think the steelers would pay an unrpoven fragile rookie more than Ben, which is pretty much what it would take to sign and top pick qb

great point on the cost of a 1st round QB, it would be very expensive for sure and that is something I doubt we'd want to do.

Tebow however may be in available in the 2nd....:tt02:

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
TEBOW..... :chuckle:

steelerjim58
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm all for suspending him, not this much, though. Two, maybe three games tops, but 4 to 6?

It's gonna be a long season...

I'm really at a loss as to how anyone believes that Ben should be suspended. Plain and simple for me is that as long as he can practice and suit up on Sunday that is all that matters to me.. I've said it once and I will say it a thousand times, an employer should not have this much authority over what an employee does on their own time.

Sansi
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=SteveS;805849]Cowherd just played Shefter's sound bite. Shefter DID use the words "shopping him around for a top 10".

Cowherd suprisingly has made some good points about this report calling it classic overreaction by the Steelers and thinks it would be insane to trade him away.

We claim to be the standard bearers. Are we?

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Buchette on ESPN right now...explaining the Leftwich signing...knows the system...yadda yadda...good fit...yadda yadda...trade talk...if any...not actively shopping...teams feeling them out...does not look like they want to trade him...will knuckle down and go ahead...however...if someone knocks their feet off, they would do it...blah blah blah...draft...news of Ben's suspension...doesn't affect draft plans...a rookie QB isn't the answer, not looking Long Term to replace Ben...doubt they draft QB...Clark up next hour...team meeting talks...

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Skip Bayless on ESPN...over reaction by goodell..."she said" stuff all of a sudden...court of public opinion...Commish reacted to that..."no charges"

But again...very intoxicated...4 games suspension on her drunken memory?

Tim Legler....4 games...you have to be brain dead if you're Ben to fail to meet the standards...

"allegations only" again...that's the talk...suspended over allegations.

Indo
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM

Actually a Disciplinary Committee is a good idea...the only problem is ---who is on the Committee?

The logical answer is that it's made up of various owners. But there would be too much temptation for a particular owner or owners to come down too hard or unfairly on a player, for example, of a division rival...

SteelPride1207
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM

I might have agreed up until the moment that Roger Goodell destroyed the Spygate tapes.

Sansi
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm really at a loss as to how anyone believes that Ben should be suspended. Plain and simple for me is that as long as he can practice and suit up on Sunday that is all that matters to me.. I've said it once and I will say it a thousand times, an employer should not have this much authority over what an employee does on their own time.

They pay him millions of dollars to not only play 60 minutes on Sunday, but represent their team to the public at large. This is why the league has things like MANDATORY media obligations. It is demanded of the players to be media figures. If they can not perform this job admirably (IE - can not uphold the behavior standard the commissioner sets) then they can do with his employment as they see fit.

Keep in mind his team owner is an ambassador. How will such a figure deal with such a high profile figure in his employ? It must be personally embarrassing to Rooney.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
wow, now the round table is talking about teams in the top 10 that might be interested in trading for Ben...including to Cleveland

wow...total crazy nonsense at this point.

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Again, this is how it will affect the NFL:

I will not support the first 6 games now. I won't buy any tickets (I was planning to go to two games) I won't travel, I won't spend money in the cities I was planning on going to.

This is a huge slap in the fans face. 2-4, I would've been on board. But to take our QB away for 25-30% of our season away, is unfathomable.

SteelCityMom
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I may not like it, and don't think Ben should be suspended at all...but I get it. They're just trying to make an example out of him.

Que sera sera.

I just hope he learns his lesson and grows up a bit...or at least pays a hooker next time.

MACH1
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Listen, you dont get suspended for banging some chick in a bathroom, period. The NFL, the Steelers, the GBI, know alot more than we do. And for Ben to accept this as punishment??? He is losing 2-5 million in salary and endorsements this year alone. Come on.

But you can be suspended for being accused of it. See how that works here.

LamarrWoodleysFade
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM

Quite honestly, he's made an ass out of himself and the leauge. This isn't about telling him what to do, it has more to do with how he's made the leauge look...

steelreserve
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM

Well, guys get suspended all the time for substance-abuse issues with no charges filed. Though admittedly that's somewhat different.

For what it's worth, I think Plaxico Burress was suspended indefinitely well before charges of any kind were filed, although it was pretty obvious they were going to be and we all know how that turned out.

I really don't think this is something Ben should've been suspended for at all, and agree with those who've said it sets a dangerous precedent. His behavior makes him look like a complete slimeball who I will have a hard time supporting, but that's really about as far as you can rationally take any judgment in this case.

I'm just amazed Goodell didn't find a way to award the Patriots any extra draft picks because of this. Well -- we'll see; there's still time.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Dino rings:

I too would love to give Tebow a shot, may have to jump over the vikes at the end of the first though. But I would want to make sure we firm up Tebow with Haden, and Pouncey as well. The right trade could shape us up really nice.

But I dont want to trade BB, thats only if we had too.

BritishSteel
04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Tim Tebow:toofunny:

You are the City of Jacksonville and I claim my Five Bucks. :wink02:

I wouldn't want Bradford, two first rounders including this years Number 1 sees me trading down or taking the best player in a need position - that might not be Bradford.

Prok
04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. If this team trades Ben my trust in the FO takes a severe hit.

And you could bet the house that I, as a fan, go from hoping we're a SB contender to expecting us to be an also-ran at best.

I think most of the talking heads talking about this are fear mongering to get ratings.

tylerdurden
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I hope they trade him to the Raiders for Nnamdi Asomugha and their 1st rounder!

Sansi
I've said it before and i'll say it again. If this team trades Ben my trust in the FO takes a severe hit.

And you could bet the house that I, as a fan, go from hoping we're a SB contender to expecting us to be an also-ran at best.

I think most of the talking heads talking about this are fear mongering to get ratings.

I know it is not the most likely of scenarios - but what if Dixon plays like a house on fire the whole suspension?? There are so many mitigating factors besides on the field performance that would tie into what horse the team would ultimately back.

kirklandrules
I wouldnít get too worked up getting mad at the league for dishing this punishment. The league conducted their own investigation (which we have no insight into) and made the determination he needed a tough punishment. It appears there were other young ladies making claims that he didnít exactly conduct himself in a gentlemanly manner. Itís obvious the Nevada woman is a gold digger and didnít have anything but a consensual interaction with Ben. The woman in Georgia isnít a saint, but what two time Super Bowl QB has to get a 20 year old trashed and use a bathroom to shag? Iím a little disturbed by the report that he made advances on his neighborís daughter Ö one report had her at 16 years old. There was also a report of another woman who contacted an attorney because Ben had a shady interaction with her. These supposed occurrences happened prior to the Georgia incident, so you canít say they were piling on Ö plus they never went to the police to pursue anything.

Iím sure Ben is a great guy and heís a very good football player. But if one of these women happened to be my sister, I would be of the opinion that a 6 game suspension wouldnít be enough. Heís acted like a goofball at best (just think of riding the motorcycle without a helmet even though everyone told him not to). The George DA said it best ďGrow up!Ē.

Besides, think of all the benefits of Ben being out for a good 4 games: 1) Dixon gets a good chance to show his stuff; 2) BA will have to find his running game early and once he sees the benefits of running the ball it may just stick with him; 3) Ben has another opportunity to learn that his football career wonít last forever and he should start to do the right things to keep himself in this game as long as he can Ö because that car windshield obviously didnít teach him this lesson 4 years ago.

steelreserve
Bradford sucks and is going to be out of the league after one decent hit. Maybe even an average hit. I would not use a first-round pick on him at all, to say nothing of the overall #1 pick. I have no idea what the Rams are smoking, but if they want to shoot themselves in the head like that, they can go right ahead.

I don't really think any other rookie QB is the answer either. And we'd take a performance hit at the quarterback position no matter what we got in return. There are like ... half a dozen QBs who can play at a comparable level, and none of them are going anywhere.

Prok
04-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Roethlisberger. PERIOD! He's proved himself on the field and I really think the Rooney's should give him that 'second' chance to prove himself off the field.

Amen. We have a team full of veterans ready to WIN NOW. We don't have a young team in re-building mode. Many folks under-estimate Ben's rookie year. That was the EXCEPTION not the norm.

:tt:

mwittman5
04-21-2010, 11:23 AM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12583162729

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

steelerjim58
Quite honestly, he's made an ass out of himself and the leauge. This isn't about telling him what to do, it has more to do with how he's made the leauge look...

Once again I have a question. How do these incidents make THE LEAGUE look bad? I can see how it might make the player look bad, but honestly how many people read about these things and think " Wow, the NFL is a terrible organization, they are out of control, I'll never watch another game."? Maybe my liberalism has gotten the best of me. But ideally I would like to see Ben sue the league, I think they would have a good case.

Steel_12
wait a minute doesnt reveres racism mean no racism:noidea:

I thought it meant that white people were on the other of racism. :noidea:

Prok
04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Bradford sucks and is going to be out of the league after one decent hit. Maybe even an average hit. I would not use a first-round pick on him at all, to say nothing of the overall #1 pick. I have no idea what the Rams are smoking, but if they want to shoot themselves in the head like that, they can go right ahead.

I don't really think any other rookie QB is the answer either. And we'd take a performance hit at the quarterback position no matter what we got in return. There are like ... half a dozen QBs who can play at a comparable level, and none of them are going anywhere.

This is a QB driven league. Many teams would be willing to roll the dice in hopes the kid pans out. Not saying it's right, but there are desperate teams out there that NEED a good QB to compete.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Once again I have a question. How do these incidents make THE LEAGUE look bad? I can see how it might make the player look bad, but honestly how many people read about these things and think " Wow, the NFL is a terrible organization, they are out of control, I'll never watch another game."? Maybe my liberalism has gotten the best of me. But ideally I would like to see Ben sue the league, I think they would have a good case.

I thought Spygate made the league look a whole hell of a lot worse - almost WWF-like. :noidea:

steelreserve
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I thought it meant that white people were on the other of racism. :noidea:

That's what it means, but I really don't know why they throw a "reverse" in front of it. It's just racism.

In fact, as a white person, the term "reverse racism" offends me. I should look for somebody to sue.

O Sensei
04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Right now the only trade scenario I like would include oaklands 2010 and 2009 first rounders and namde....whatever his name is....which I would use to draft claussen or best player available.

SteelersinCA
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
That's what it means, but I really don't know why they throw a "reverse" in front of it. It's just racism.

In fact, as a white person, the term "reverse racism" offends me. I should look for somebody to sue.

I'll be your blood-thirsty lawyer!:tt03:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I wouldn’t get too worked up getting mad at the league for dishing this punishment. The league conducted their own investigation (which we have no insight into) and made the determination he needed a tough punishment. It appears there were other young ladies making claims that he didn’t exactly conduct himself in a gentlemanly manner. It’s obvious the Nevada woman is a gold digger and didn’t have anything but a consensual interaction with Ben. The woman in Georgia isn’t a saint, but what two time Super Bowl QB has to get a 20 year old trashed and use a bathroom to shag? I’m a little disturbed by the report that he made advances on his neighbor’s daughter … one report had her at 16 years old. There was also a report of another woman who contacted an attorney because Ben had a shady interaction with her. These supposed occurrences happened prior to the Georgia incident, so you can’t say they were piling on … plus they never went to the police to pursue anything.

I’m sure Ben is a great guy and he’s a very good football player. But if one of these women happened to be my sister, I would be of the opinion that a 6 game suspension wouldn’t be enough. He’s acted like a goofball at best (just think of riding the motorcycle without a helmet even though everyone told him not to). The George DA said it best “Grow up!”.

Besides, think of all the benefits of Ben being out for a good 4 games: 1) Dixon gets a good chance to show his stuff; 2) BA will have to find his running game early and once he sees the benefits of running the ball it may just stick with him; 3) Ben has another opportunity to learn that his football career won’t last forever and he should start to do the right things to keep himself in this game as long as he can … because that car windshield obviously didn’t teach him this lesson 4 years ago.

Doesnt matter the legal issue of this case is over. So if goodell suspends him for embarrassing the league i dont agree, but ok. but if he suspends him for unproven allegation in the reports that is wrong its not goodells place to make any legal judgments its the job of the legal process and investigators who have already made the decision on whether these claims could be proven.

Vincent
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Context, kid. He had sex with a drunk, playa-chasing groupie. You know how many times a week that happens? The only difference here is her prissy friends got pissed all she got was some **** out of the situation.

Who caused the "disruption, detrimental, and destructive"? The ridiculous media attention and portrayal of the situation or the fact that he nailed a groupie? Stop treating these skanks like poor wittle virgins who just happened to wind up with a dick in their mouths on a Saturday night.

These false accusations happen ALL the time and not just to famous athletes. Women cry rape all the time for stupid shit from getting busted cheating to pure spite. I'm not saying this out of hate, I've seen this shit go down first hand.

"Kid"? Before you address anybody on this board as "kid", do your homework.

"Context"?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5079655

A doctor who examined her at a nearby emergency room found a cut, bruises and vaginal bleeding but could not say if she was raped. And while some DNA was found, there was not enough to determine whom it belonged to, Bright said.

She was violated.

I don't care what "happens all the time". This is the franchise quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a "context" that you apparently have no understanding or appreciation of. Perhaps your blather is in the "context" of what you frequent. The face of the Pittsburgh Steelers has no business being anywhere near such toilets.

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 11:30 AM
While i agree with you on nearly every front lets not forget one thing, Ben was never charged ,all these incidents were looked into by legal experts, either a DA or someones lawyer looking for a payday. Now he is being sued in one civil case where its just a matter of who the jury or judge believes, not so much if the evidence supports it. This is the first player in the history of the NFL that a player has been suspended without so much as a charge,indictment ,or arrest in the matter. This is pure and simple a media witch hunt which Goodel whats to put on the show of tough policy.

steelerjim58
I can accept the team being down because of players retiring or leaving for free agency and the talent just not being there. But for the Rooneys to blow up the team by trading Ben would make it very hard to watch. Trading Holmes was bad enough. I know that I would eventually get over it because I have watched and cared about this team for 40 plus years, but it would be hard.

Prok
I know it is not the most likely of scenarios - but what if Dixon plays like a house on fire the whole suspension?? There are so many mitigating factors besides on the field performance that would tie into what horse the team would ultimately back.

I trust the CS on Dixon. If Tomlin believed we had something special in him we would have never traded for Lefty imo.

Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. If we're stoopid enough to trade Ben we WILL pay the price for it imo.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
"Kid"? Before you address anybody on this board as "kid", do your homework.

"Context"?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5079655

A doctor who examined her at a nearby emergency room found a cut, bruises and vaginal bleeding but could not say if she was raped. And while some DNA was found, there was not enough to determine whom it belonged to, Bright said.

She was violated.

I don't care what "happens all the time". This is the franchise quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a "context" that you apparently have no understanding or appreciation of. Perhaps your blather is in the "context" of what you frequent. The face of the Pittsburgh Steelers has no business being anywhere near such toilets.

So a doctor who examined her could not say if she was raped but you can from reading that sentence, wow your good

Vincent
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I hope they trade him to the Raiders for Nnamdi Asomugha and their 1st rounder!

That trade would make more sense with their #1s this year and next, their #2 this year and Asomugha.

I would then seek a mid round trade for Jason Campbell and use the four picks in the first two rounds as further trade bait, or just restock the franchise with premium talent.

Steel_Bus_24
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
4 games is just excessive IMO:mad:

Why not give Ben the same chance to get it down to 2 that Vick had????

make him go through all the programs with the knowledge that if you screw up again, your gone...Make that process as tough as ya want.........

But give him the FFFFing Chance!

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
BEN has not been disruptive. The MEDIA has been disruptive and blown this thing so out of proportion. Ben has made ONE statement. How is that disruptive?

The media and the NFL is making "a mountain out of a molehill"

Ben's just sitting back.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
The recent return of Leftwich could mean two things:

1) Ben's suspension is lengthy.

Or...

2) Ben is going to be traded away and the Steelers will aquire a youngster and sit him behind Lefty for a year.

Don't forget, Ben has been beaten up quite a bit in his career with numerous concussions, and he's not even 30 yet. Who knows how much the guy has left if he keeps getting hammered.

Lol i doubt we signed byron so he could be a starting qb as we trade away roethlisberger. If and i stress the If we were to trade roetlisberger if would have to be someone we felt could have an imediate impact.

Vincent
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
So a doctor who examined her could not say if she was raped but you can from reading that sentence, wow your good

Vaginal bleeding doesn't result from a bump on the head. And I didn't say she was raped. She was violated.

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 11:42 AM
4 games is just excessive IMO:mad:

Why not give Ben the same chance to get it down to 2 that Vick had????

make him go through all the programs with the knowledge that if you screw up again, your gone...Make that process as tough as ya want.........

But give him the FFFFing Chance!

EXACTLY... Ben wasn't in Jail!

Ben wasn't charged

Ben didn't have dog fighting rings.

Some drunk girls "friends" claim she was assaulted.

Give me a frekin break. I feel like its the Salem Witch Hunts

kirklandrules
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
but if he suspends him for unproven allegation in the reports that is wrong its not goodells place to make any legal judgments its the job of the legal process and investigators who have already made the decision on whether these claims could be proven.

But Goodell isn't making a legal judgment. He can suspend any player that makes the league look bad ... without charges or convictions from the legal system. Ben got himself into the middle of this mess and it embarrasses the league ... suspension is in order. For those that think Ben was just an innocent bystander in this whole affair, then you're just not going to see that this suspension may just keep him from going too far someday and screwing his entire life.

Steeldude
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/polls/?pollID=3599

60% of voters say trade BR

Rick5895
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
If there were to be a trade, (I don't think there will be) I believe we would need a 1st this year and next a second this year at least.
I wouldn't worry about Bradford or Claussen (a Mirer clone?) the QB that interests me is Colt McCoy, which would be available in the 2nd round, With 2 1st round picks this year, we get a stud OT (maybe Okung) and a stud CB (Wilson or Jackson), That would be IMO the only possible scenario for a trade, a single 1st round pick is not enough

scsteeler
04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Why is everyone so surprised by this? I was prepared for it to be AT LEAST 4 games, and I've read that the Steelers were prepared for it to be 8 games. This should take no one by surprise, and honestly, if Ben's to stay with this organization, I think this time away is absolutely necessary. Make it hurt, allow him to see how his behavior has a negative impact on the team.

Yes I saw this coming and who says that Mr. Rooney did not have anything to do with the length of the suggested suspension. I was hoping for only 2 weeks but I also felt that an example would be made with Ben.

Prok
04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
EXACTLY... Ben wasn't in Jail!

Ben wasn't charged

Ben didn't have dog fighting rings.

Some drunk girls "friends" claim she was assaulted.

Give me a frekin break. I feel like its the Salem Witch Hunts

I feel the same. We, overall, are a forgiving and forgetting society. But the way the media and fans have gone after Ben i have lost alot of faith in that department.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
I’m a little disturbed by the report that he made advances on his neighbor’s daughter … one report had her at 16 years old.

STOP

WTF is this now? I need a link right away, not bar room talk, not some guy's sister's boyfriends little brother says...I want a link to this "report" Asap!

steelreserve
04-21-2010, 11:50 AM
That trade would make more sense with their #1s this year and next, their #2 this year and Asomugha.

Yeah, but didn't Raiders already trade away their #1 pick next year to the Patriots for an aging, disgruntled defensive end who was going to leave after his 1-year contract expired anyway?

That's the problem that would make it hard to strike a deal with Oakland. They've already been robbed blind, so I doubt we get two #1's unless they'd be willing to go three years without a first-round pick at all, which I highly doubt.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Four games would be fine with me. Six games is too much for someone who was never slapped with handcuffs, never charged, never sat in front of a judge and jury.

The Nevada case might never see trial, the judge could throw that out. The woman bragged before the "incident" happened that she was going to have sex with Big Ben. She bragged after that she was going to have Ben's children. When she went for her medical exam to help prove to a jury that she was raped, she wore a pare of dirty panties that had another man's semen inside of them. She's accusing an entire staff at a very large hotel and casino of covering the entire thing up.

The Georgia incident, lets look at the facts:

The girl just happened to end up in all these bars and clubs just after Ben Roethlisberger and his friends? Gee, could there be the chance that she was following Ben's entourage around the town? Stalk much?

The girl and all her friends were hammered. They probably have no idea what actually did or did not happen that night.

The girl was wearing a button or something that had the initials "D.T.F." on it. When asked what that stood for, Ben was told "Down To F***". Yeah, this girl's starting to sound like a *****.

She was 20 drinking in the bars with a fake ID. There goes her credibility, she had spent the entire night lying to bartenders and anyone else that saw her being served drinks. How can anything she say really be believed? She was breaking the law all night long.

The DA in Georgia said that they couldn't get enough DNA from the rape kit to match it to Roethlisberger. They recently identified a body from WW2 to the DNA off of the glue strip on the envelope of a letter he sent to his wife during the war. So they got enough DNA from a body that's been decaying for 60+ years and an envelope glue strip that's over 60 years old. The DNA on syringes and bandages from when Roger Clemens was being injected with steroids held up in empty soda cans in his ex-trainers basement. So if they couldn't get DNA out of the woman, maybe there was no sexual intercourse......or the intercourse came from someone else the night before. I mean....the girl was D.T.F.

Yes, many rapes and sexual assaults go unreported. There are also a lot of rapes that get reported that never actually happened. Most of those, the sex was consensual and the girl felt guilty about the sex, so she reports that she was raped or sexually assaulted to make herself feel better about what happened. I know a girl who did just that. It happens.

So with all of that, does Ben Roethlisberger deserve a six game suspension? No, he does not. He deserves no more than four games, two games would be ideal. He does deserve to be suspended, by the Rooneys, IMHO.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
STOP

WTF is this now? I need a link right away, not bar room talk, not some guy's sister's boyfriends little brother says...I want a link to this "report" Asap!

I'm assuming this is the one he supposedly had over to a party at his house where he "showed her the goods" and was so offended and distraught that she came back to his premises the next week, and reported to the cops by her brother's friend, no less. :rolleyes:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
STOP

I completely agree. Right now ANYONE that Ben has pissed off can say something. But the thing is, where is the proof?

Someone's brother saying he said or did something to his sister doesn't count. Maybe Ben has consensual sex with dude's sister and he's pissed that his sister was a skank for a night. Maybe this was a guy who Ben didn't sign an autograph for.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm assuming this is the one he supposedly had over to a party at his house where he "showed her the goods" and was so offended and distraught that she came back to his premises the next week. :rolleyes:

I have absolutely zero knowledge about this incident...then again I don't live in the Burgh so I don't get the "rumor on the street"

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 11:57 AM
But Goodell isn't making a legal judgment. He can suspend any player that makes the league look bad ... without charges or convictions from the legal system. Ben got himself into the middle of this mess and it embarrasses the league ... suspension is in order. For those that think Ben was just an innocent bystander in this whole affair, then you're just not going to see that this suspension may just keep him from going too far someday and screwing his entire life.

you cut off the part of my quote thats said i understand hes supposed to be suspending ben for embarassing the league. You think a 6 game suspension is an appropriate suspension for league embarassment. Why is goodel having his investigators interview witnesses and reviewing case facts. This ruling is not only unfair to ben but for the rest of the players in the league as well. Now if someone is arrested regardless of guilt or innocent you have to assume there punishment would be more severe. So now you have the commish making decisions on morality and the media will now be able to affect the length of suspensions as by determining how much coverage they want to give one story over another. Ben sexual assualt allegations no charges or arrests 4-6 games but alot of media covarge.......Joey porter arrested for assualting a police officer resisting arrest and dui ,charges dropped no suspension minimal media coverage. This is just one example but it just shows how the media will be able to influence these suspensions based on the slant and coverage they want to put on a story. Its just not right.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I have absolutely zero knowledge about this incident...then again I don't live in the Burgh so I don't get the "rumor on the street"

Oh, no, this supposedly happened the week before "The Incident" at his house in GA too.

memphissteelergirl
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
We just deal with whatever happens and move on. If we go 4-2, we are just fine. if we go 0-6, then he has to win 10 in a row and we hope for the playoffs.

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.

HERE WE GO!

Amen, Dino!

Folks, it is what it is.

Hopefully, this will make Ben realize that ALL of his actions have consequences and I pray he will be a better person for it.

Meantime, let's just accept it and move on.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Vaginal bleeding doesn't result from a bump on the head. And I didn't say she was raped. She was violated.

They had sex yes i think they know that

cloppbeast
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
At least one team, and possibly more, have fielded a call from the Steelers and debated the trade internally, the source said.

But any team that trades for Roethlisberger wants to officially hear how long he is suspended and what the conditions of his suspension are.

On Tuesday, the Steelers traded a seventh-round pick in this week's NFL draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for quarterback Byron Leftwich, adding depth to the position in anticipation of a possible Roethlisberger suspension.

Leftwich backed up Roethlisberger in 2008, when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. He knows offensive coordinator Bruce Arians' system and could be ready to play Sept. 12 when the Steelers open against the Atlanta Falcons.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, multiple sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.

Goodell told reporters Wednesday morning that there has been no formal decision made on a Roethlisberger suspension. The Steelers quarterback hasn't been contacted yet by the commissioner about his punishment, sources told Mortensen.

Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games.

Last month a 20-year-old college student accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub. Last week, prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in the case.

The Steelers have begun contacting teams to see if they would be willing to trade a top 10 pick for Roethlisberger, an NFL source told Schefter.

The Steelers play three teams that didn't make the playoffs this past season -- the Falcons, Bucs and Tennessee Titans -- plus the division rival Baltimore Ravens in their first four games, a period that could span any Roethlisberger suspension.

Pittsburgh hosts the Cleveland Browns in its fifth game and travels to Miami to face the Dolphins in its sixth game. The Steelers have a bye in Week 5.

Pittsburgh already has third-year quarterback Dennis Dixon and longtime backup Charlie Batch under contract. Batch has been injured each of the past two seasons. Dixon has started only one NFL game but likely would compete with Leftwich in training camp to be the early-season starter if Roethlisberger is suspended.

The NFL and the Steelers were angered and embarrassed by the tawdry details of Roethlisberger's night out March 3.

In a statement to police, the 20-year-old college student said Roethlisberger encouraged her, and her friends, to take numerous shots of alcohol. Then one of his bodyguards escorted her into a hallway at the Capital City nightclub in Milledgeville, Ga., sat her on a stool and left. She said Roethlisberger walked down the hallway and exposed himself.

"I told him it wasn't OK, no, we don't need to do this and I proceeded to get up and try to leave," she said. "I went to the first door I saw, which happened to be a bathroom."

According to her statement, Roethlisberger then followed her into the bathroom and shut the door.

"I still said no, this is not OK, and he then had sex with me," she wrote.

Two of her friends said they saw a bodyguard lead her into the hallway and then saw Roethlisberger follow. They said they couldn't see their friend but knew she was drunk and were worried about her.

The statements were among hundreds of pages of the case file made public last week by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Last week, Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team would have imposed sanctions on Roethlisberger before now, but doing so would have permitted the players union to appeal any penalties. Any suspension imposed by Goodell can be appealed only to him.

Roethlisberger, a two-time Super Bowl winner and the highest-paid player in franchise history with a $102 million contract, also is being sued in a civil case by a Nevada hotel employee who has accused him of sexually assaulting her in 2008.

Roethlisberger practiced Monday and Tuesday with the Steelers, but he did not talk with reporters.

NFL security was in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, interviewing Roethlisberger's bodyguards, sources told Mortensen.

Milledgeville is a central Georgia college town about 30 miles from where the quarterback owns a lake home.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst. Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

Shoes
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
next...Ben thread

cloppbeast
04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12583162729

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

I don't know if I believe any of this stuff. I thin Schefter is just stirring the pot.

wiz1120
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
It's official...6 games

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 12:16 PM
http://nfl.com reports

dammit ben. :doh:

WH
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Damn you Bruce Arians for recommending that nieghborhood to Ben Roethlisberger. Damn you to hell.
::end joke::

Any suspension based on allegations is a bad idea. This opens the door for all fanatic a-holes to start tossing out allegations on Star Players. Yeah it sounds crazy, but so does a Jets Season ticket holder suing the New England Patriots.

They are making an example of Ben, when they've had all the oppurtunities in the world to make an example of other players.

this whole thing is completely opposite of reasonable.

AndyWitmyer
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Ouch. That seems a little harsh.

Shoes
04-21-2010, 12:19 PM
water under the bridge....move on!

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Roger Goodell just released a news statement today. "In light of my ground breaking and precedent setting ruling of no tolerance in shedding bad light on this league and its players, I have reviewed Peyton Manning past and will suspend him two games for exposing his azz to a female student reporter while a player at Tenn. We as a league cannot tolerate this pattern of behavior and let me point out that this was an underage female student."

When asked by reporters how this could be justified since it happened in college Goodell replied,"Hey I'm the czar, I can do whatever I damn well please." ESP* is reporting that they have contacted the student reporter and she has suffered trauma from the incident and is now considering a civil suit. In closing Goodell was asked about Spygate and Brady being a deadbeat father. His reply,"What happens in Boston stays in Boston." This has been a parody and in no way reflects the tainted views held by the NFL and its Czar Roger Goodell

devilsdancefloor
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Ben isn't going to be traded because even though the Steelers FO is pissed off at him right now, they are very good businessmen and aren't stupid.

Enjoy all of the new Ben threads while you can folks - all of 'em get merged on Friday and we can go back to some assemblance of normalcy around here again. :banana:

What is that? I do not think we will trade Ben if we do i will be mumbling to myself until September...

Corey120120
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Its a 6 game suspension but it can be reduced still. i just heard it on sports center. they said it can be reduced closer to the season

Corey120120
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Its official its 6 but it can be reduced closer to the season

Shoes
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
...........and I think the Rooney's are in that 60%

Venom
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Now that we know , lets move on . We have alot of talent on this team and we will be fine !!!:tt04:

SteelGhost
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
I HOPE the Union can make Saint Goddell to reduce the suspension to 2 games :doh:

kittenfantastico76

I had the same train of thought on this. I'm not shocked, or surprised at this point. I'm a huge fan of Ben but after all this I really got discouraged by his behavior. I'm so thankful no charges were given, but at the same time as a women, and a fan, it's really been rough for me to separate his role for the team as a player vs. his personality/who he is as a man. He's a great player, but I am questioning his character. I'm not saint, but I also don't live in the public eye or reflect an NFL team's reputation.

Do I hate it for the team that it's going to possibly be 6 games he'll miss, YES I DO. Do I hate it as a fan, ABSOLUTELY YES (I have plans to try to catch the Titans vs. Steelers game in TN and it sucks he won't be playing - this will be my 1st Steelers game to see live).

But the bottom line is he's part of a team - his behavior both good and/or bad reflects on this team. So if it's 6 then it's 6. I'm not happy about it, but at the same time I do think that his careless behavior needs to be addressed. Maybe 4 games would be better but either way - it its what it is. Paired with counseling I think both will help reflect that he is serious about cleaning up his image.

I'm a woman so I might see this differently then the male fans, but in the end folks like Tiger Woods, or Kobe Bryant are still excellent ball players... but to me as a women they are pigs. I don't ever want to see Ben in that light (because I'm sorry sexual assault allegations are way worse to me than a cheating spouse) but right now his behavior makes that hard for me, as a woman. As a fan I still think he's one hell of a QB. It's tough to explain. Bottom line there are no criminal charges but I think Roethlisberger needs to clean up his act and get his @ss on the field and in the gym and focus on his job - not the ladies at the bar.

If you mess with the team's rep, you have to pay the piper. :pde:

P.S. Um - is the bar where all this happened getting any slack for having under age people drinking there? I hadn't heard. Any bar back home with that kind of stuff going on always gets shut down with the quickness.

plenewken

I completely agree with you. If they shop Ben and get a #1 pick for him this year from St Louis, they'll trade down and get more than this pick.
Most likely they'll look for another 1st mid-round pick plus either a second round pick or a proven player.
Plus a 1st round pick next season too.

Shoes
I HOPE the Union can make Saint Goddell to reduce the suspension to 2 games :doh:

not going to happen.

Indo
04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
As it turns out, Ben sexually assaulted MY SISTER. Honest. She just told me so.

But, being the understanding kind of guy that I am, I have convinced her to deal with it (in counseling, if need be) and KEEP IT TO HERSELF for the small price of 4 (four) 50-yard line LIFETIME season tickets. I jsut sent the email to Gooddeal with the offer.

truesteelerfan
They had sex yes i think they know that

Ben said they didn't consumate the relationship...meaning they never had sexual intercourse......

The only 2 ppl on earth who really know what happened in that bathroom are saying opposite things....We will probably never ever know the exact truth....

Why should I believe the gal is telling the truth? Same for Ben.....
I don't believe they had sex based on the findings of such little DNA evidence. IF she had been rape, it sounds like there would most likely have been more trauma than what doctors found.

LOL- I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV...but I have watched Doctor and Sex shows, so does that count?

steeldawg
great six games which includes baltimore and cleveland 2 divisional games. This suspension could flush our season down the toilet.

AndyWitmyer
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM

^^ Thank you!! I'm also a white person, but never understood why people would call it "reverse racism" - or even as a male, "reverse sexism" - By implying a reversal of the usual, that in itself is being prejudice.

Anyway, like so many others here, I'm pretty jacked about Ben's punishment. It's totally overkill,

SteelGhost
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
not going to happen.

We can only hope Shoes :hope:

BlastFurnace
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
They will be the same 60% who are whining and crying when the Steelers can't pass the ball any longer.

This franchise is a mess.

I want Dan Rooney back.

scsteeler
Ben is going to be our QB for a long time assuming he can curb his ways. On another note why is no one thinking that Dixon can be starter for the Steelers if Ben somehow ends up not being here something I don't wish to see.

kittenfantastico76
BLERG! Well now we know and knowing is half the battle.

Now get in the gym Ben!

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
great six games which includes baltimore and cleveland 2 divisional games. This suspension could flush our season down the toilet.

or could make the team play even harder to try and win. setting a good tone for the rest of the season when ben does come back. ya never know.

truesteelerfan
It would be a big mistake....You don't trade a player of his caliber..This business is about winning, and we have the best chance to do that with him behind center....So what if he's an ass when off the clock...I'm sure some of us are also....

Somewhere on here there is a similiar poll question with quite different results, I would anticipate the paper poll will include many ppl who know who Ben is, but aren't football fans.

steeldawg
http://www.post-gazette.com/polls/?pollID=3599

60% of voters say trade BR

they didnt ask me

Corey120120
04-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Bullshit. we have so much talent on this team, ben is good but he isnt the only good player on this team

truesteelerfan
04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't trade Ben for Peyton and a #1 pick, yet alone an unproven Bradford.

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Actually a Disciplinary Committee is a good idea...the only problem is ---who is on the Committee?

The logical answer is that it's made up of various owners. But there would be too much temptation for a particular owner or owners to come down too hard or unfairly on a player, for example, of a division rival...

Why not an NFC Committee for AFC Players and a AFC Committee for NFC Players, and a fans committee for the commissioner!?

WH
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Ben and Georgia Girl should both take lie detector tests.

Question, since no charges were filed could the GBI come back in a year and say ''we've found more evidence, we're pressing charges''?

MACH1
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Needs a option for Ben's not getting traded.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
also its kinda dumb having that poll online how many fans of other teams would go there and select for us to trade him

Steel_Bus_24
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
seriously i wouldn't put it past belicheat to hire women and go bar lurking to nail other teams star players

Hiring assassins like that seems right up his alley:scratchchin:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bill_belichick.jpg

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Take the same poll in July. I'll bet that number goes down.

kirklandrules
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
STOP

I first heard this on Fox News t.v. that a 16 year old neighbor told her father Ben made these advances. I found this article on their website, which changes the dynamics of the report. It was a 16 year old boy who reported Ben made unwanted advances to a woman in her early 20s. At least he's not working the craddle, but it still shows multiple people coming forward regarding this issue and these claims. My point is Goodell saw too many separate claims to believe Ben is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. As for the rest of the fans, well there's people that still think O.J. didn't kill his wife.
For what it's worth, here's the link to the Foxnews article ...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/16/wild-new-twists-big-ben-investigation/

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Bullshit. we have so much talent on this team, ben is good but he isnt the only good player on this team

Ya and we saw how are number one defense was shredded last season when troy went down.

Indo
04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Ben WILL NOT be traded.

Write it down.

drucifer
RIDICULOUS!! UNPRECEDENTED!! THIS IS NONSENSICAL!!

CAN YOU TELL I AM ANGRY BY MY USE OF ALL CAPS?!?

Curtain_of_Steel
NFLPA will have something to say about this shortly I'm sure.

jasonhightower
I agree winning is important, but at some point morals/ethics comes into play. I don't agree that trading Ben at this point is a smart thing to do, but I'd have to say he has two strikes... virtually any misstep now and he should be traded or released.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
this is gonna be the most stressfull first round draft ever for me. Just praying we dont trade Ben

Steel_Bus_24
dude Im already so peeved right now, I don't even want to get into how mad/sad Id be if we did that

so Im hoping I don't have to worry about it and we keep him

steelreserve
Six games, when all Vick got was two? You'd think Ben was raping dogs.

MACH1
seriously i wouldn't put it past belicheat to hire women and go bar lurking to nail other teams star players

Hiring assassins like that seems right up his alley:scratchchin:

Even better, let's hire some ho's to go accuse their players of bad things.

Shoes
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Six games, when all Vick got was two? You'd think Ben was raping dogs.

That will be next off season :chuckle:

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
This is absolutely unbelievable.

Roethlisberger will appeal so quick it'll make goodells head spin

He should appeal, considering the length of the suspension he had for Vick.

cloppbeast
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
my reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
It was a 16 year old boy who reported Ben made unwanted advances to a woman in her early 20s. At least he's not working the craddle, but it still shows multiple people coming forward regarding this issue and these claims.

Also from the article:

Georgia Bureau of Investigation documents released Thursday show that after the most recent accusation surfaced, a 16-year-old in a youth law enforcement program told authorities he knew about incidents involving Roethlisberger and a friend's sister.

Yep, and I slept with Jessica Alba and Megan Fox last night. It's true, just because I say so.

jasonhightower
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I wonder how much influence the Rooney's had on this decision. To send a message, they may have encouraged the longer suspension.

JEFF4i
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
This is freakin ridiculous. 4-6? Wow.

truesteelerfan
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Thought I'd put this here since we have already been talking about it in this thread.

I can't say "who" is voting on the post gazette, but looking at the numbers, we're (this board) seems almost the polar opposite of the public opinion... so far.

Anyone care to swing the vote?

http://postgazette.com/polls/?pollID=3599

Thanks for the link...I've now voted and Yes is down to 60%.

I believe that many people voting on this poll are local citizens who are not football fans at all. They are people who know he was accused of a crime against a woman so they don't want him around.....They probably know even less of the true proven facts than we do.
Simply uneducated in the case.

So, lets vote and try and move those numbers to give it a more accurate depiction of what football fans feel. Maybe the Rooney's watch things like this? They value the opinion of themselves don't you agree?

jasonhightower
04-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Any word on an appeal? I do think it would look bad if he appeals, and he may just take his lumps and move on with the 4 game suspension.

sax
04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
could be more....could be less

depends on Ben
-go thru comprehensive behavior evaluation before he can practice with the team.
-stay out of bars (putting himself in possible negative enviroment)

guilty or not - is not the issue

negative attention on the Steelers and the nfl is the issue!!!

Let's hope Ben gets it together and comes back a better person / more focused player.

Ben could be traded (unlikely)

later,
sax

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
6 weeks? Wonder if the night out was worth it Ben? :doh:
Regardless of how anyone feels about the entire situation. Ben is the leader of the team. He should be making better choices. (like not putting himself in the position to be falsely accused by crazy ladies).... good thing we have our off week in week 5. Hopefully he will be able to play when we get back..... He might be hungry to win a few games..... If he's not traded....(only if we can pick up Bradford)....
Brady is Gay!!!! But he doesnt get suspensions and off season drama... Thanks Ben:hatsoff:
With that said.....as long as he's a steelers I will cheer him on.... :tt03:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Ben and Georgia Girl should both take lie detector tests.

Question, since no charges were filed could the GBI come back in a year and say ''we've found more evidence, we're pressing charges''?

they probably could but after a team of investigators investigated this case for a month i dont think there is anything left to get

Curtain_of_Steel
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Espn running a poll and "to harsh" is pretty much dominating the vote through all 50 states.

Indo
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Just voted ("NO", of course)

Still 60%YES to 40%NO-----20,000 respondents

plenewken
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
6 weeks? Wonder if the night out was worth it Ben? :doh:
Regardless of how anyone feels about the entire situation. Ben is the leader of the team. He should be making better choices. (like not putting himself in the position to be falsely accused by crazy ladies).... good thing we have our off week in week 5. Hopefully he will be able to play when we get back..... He might be hungry to win a few games..... If he's not traded....(only if we can pick up Bradford)....
Brady is Gay!!!! But he doesnt get suspensions and off season drama... Thanks Ben:hatsoff:
With that said.....as long as he's a steelers I will cheer him on.... :tt03:

Ben the leader of the team?!? I don't think so. He has very little charisma. He's an excellent quarterback but as far as leadership qualities forget about it.
He's not a Mario Lemieux type of guy, not even a Peyton Manning, a Drew Brees, a Favre.......... or a Crosby.

JEFF4i
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Here's the thing though, poor attention on the NFL?

What about all the good attention Big Ben and Troy and other have brought in their own ways and gotten NOTHING from that idiot commish.

Indo
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Now here is someone who is thinking...

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/rock-report/2010/04/roethlisberger-big-mistake-to-trade-big-ben.html

BTW, I love the line about "the most feared logo in the sport"

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
will Ben's jersey sell a lot more because he gets "street cred" now?

Godfather
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Brett Favre.

Brett Favre.

Mordax
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Racism???:rofl:

ya. lolwut? :chuckle:

guilty or not - is not the issue

negative attention on the Steelers and the nfl is the issue!!!

*ding ding ding*

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
There were a lot of people in the Pittsburgh media who blasted the Santonio Holmes trade...but hey I guess they don't know as much or are as big as fans as STEELERS FANS from Jersey who posts on a Steelers message board.

Fixed that for ya. Ya ignoramus.

:coffee:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
will Ben's jersey sell a lot more because he gets "street cred" now?

I already own it and am fully prepared to rock it

Gnutella
Those 60% say they want to return to "Steelers football," which, from my experience, involves running the ball down everybody's throats during the regular season but not the post-season, and not having a good enough QB to compensate for it. The same people crying for a return to "Steelers football" will be the same people wondering why we choke in the playoffs -- if we even make it there in the next few years.

steelerchad
I'm a little pissed about a 6 game with a chance to reduce it to only 4 games. Vick spent 3 years in jail and got less of a suspension. And it's not like that was Vick's only run in. He had a few other issues in his past. Ron Mexico, I believe a pot possession (may have been before the NFL).

How about Ray Lewis. He never saw a bit of punishment by the NFL or his classless team for his part in a murder. OK, Ravens fans, I know there's no proof that he actually committed the murder. But there were 2 dead bodies and someone in that limo stabbed them. They just played a shell game about which person actually did it and no one ended up taking the blame. 2 dead guys and no punishment?
1 drunk girl who he had sex with. He said, she said as far as how it actually happened and it = a 6 game suspension.
Last I checked though shalt not kill is a little higher crime on the list than don't have sex with drunk coeds.

When all is said and done this is a 4 gamer. If he does anything else wrong to make it the full 6 games, he won't be a Steeler after that anyway.

kirklandrules
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Also from the article:

Yep, and I slept with Jessica Alba and Megan Fox last night. It's true, just because I say so.

And here's where that claim went (see link below). Again, I think the league had heard enough complaints about Ben's actions that it took a tough stance. If this is just a bunch of copy cat false reports, why haven't we seen it with other players? Where are all the accusation against Heath Miller? I'm not saying Ben broke the law, but it seems he's acting like a sleeze ball and Goodell doesn't like it. My whole point to this is he's getting when he deserves because he got himself into this mess. I'll still root for the guy because I don't think he broke the law, he gives time and money to various charities and he's a damned good QB ... but he screwed up and should be punished.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0416101ben1.html

jasonhightower
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I am really wondering if this is somewhat a "bluff" by the Rooney's to further scare the hell out of Ben. The fallout of trading Ben and grabbing some rookie or unproven QB would be intense from the "real" fanbase.

plenewken
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm a little pissed about a 6 game with a chance to reduce it to only 4 games. Vick spent 3 years in jail and got less of a suspension. And it's not like that was Vick's only run in. ............

Vick got a "de facto" 40+ games suspension when he was in jail. There was no need to make the sanction stiffer.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
How about Ray Lewis. He never saw a bit of punishment by the NFL or his classless team for his part in a murder. OK, Ravens fans, I know there's no proof that he actually committed the murder. But there were 2 dead bodies and someone in that limo stabbed them. They just played a shell game about which person actually did it and no one ended up taking the blame. 2 dead guys and no punishment?

Different commissioner.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
And here's where that claim went (see link below). Again, I think the league had heard enough complaints about Ben's actions that it took a tough stance. If this is just a bunch of copy cat false reports, why haven't we seen it with other players? Where are all the accusation against Heath Miller? I'm not saying Ben broke the law, but it seems he's acting like a sleeze ball and Goodell doesn't like it. My whole point to this is he's getting when he deserves because he got himself into this mess. I'll still root for the guy because I don't think he broke the law, he gives time and money to various charities and he's a damned good QB ... but he screwed up and should be punished.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0416101ben1.html

If there was any veracity to that claim, why did the same "victim" go right back to his house the next week? Sorry, I gotta call bullshit on that claim, especially since it was reported by a third party.

caseydog
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I gotta agree with a previous poster about Ben's role in this suspension.

First, he rides a freaking crotch rocket without a helmet, and almost ends his career on the pavement.

Next, he bangs some groupie in his hotel room in Reno and she accuses him of assault.

Then, he follows some bar skank into a nightclub bathroom. She jumps on the "Ben raped me" bandwagon.

What's next on the parade of Big Ben bad decisions?

He does not seem to have any grasp of who he is, or that he has a team that is paying him millions, teammates who need him to win games, and fans who want another Super Bowl who would REALLY appreciate it if he could think a bit more before acting.

My dad used to say to me when I messed up, "once is a mistake." and he'd just leave it at that. I understood that top mean, "do it again, and you're just plain stupid."

Say what you will about the fairness of the suspension, it's Ben who keeps putting himself in bad situations.

Indo
04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Also from the article:

You lucky S.O.B.

Sansi
04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
The letter being read right now on OTL lays it out pretty perfectly. Goodell seems very ticked about providing alcohol to females not old enough to purchase it themselves, who may have already been intoxicated, and what followed because of said purchase.

OX1947
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
If they trade for top 10, I wanted first overal and next years 1. But if lets say the Raiders want to play ball, trade Big Ben to the Raiders for the #8 overall and Nnamdi Asomugha. You have a shut down corner you need and will have a chance to draft the left tackle of the future in either Bulaga, Okung or Trent Williams. If Eric Berry falls to 8, then the Steelers wont need a all star QB because no one on this planet will throw in the middle on the Steelers. That is a long shot but I can dream I guess. But realistically, if this trade happens, Steelers get their OT of the future and their shut down corner.

Then with the 18th pick, i would draft Pouncey and have the center of the future. However, I am thinking big here. trade down and get a high second and maybe pull in an early 3rd. Draft Colt McCoy in the early second and then draft BPA after that. The early second would have to be before Cleveland's pick at 38. Because I believe Cleveland will pic him at 38 and if they don't for some amazing reason, raiders would pick him at 39. M opinion is that Colt McCoy will be the best QB of this draft. He has the mentality to play in the NFL and is amazingly accurate.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
This suspension would of never happened if Ben was black. Goodell knows the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton would all be marching in front of his office for suspending a player without pay for false allegations. And I'm dead serious with that.

Instead it's the opposite and he got pressured into making this suspension because of all the black players he's suspended in the past...Santonio Holmes being one of them.

AndyWitmyer
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Here's maybe ONE positive thing about the suspension:

Ben will (presumably) be VERY healthy mid-season and who knows, the fact that he'll be coming into game5 or 7 100% fresh could be quite a boon for the team - of course, there are complications to this theory.

For one, this could only be a boon if the team was in a winning or .500 situation - a record Ben could realistically build off of upon his return. But, paradoxically, if the team is like 6-0, then there might be a situation where the fans or the team might prefer to keep Dixon or Leftwich (or whomever is covering the QB) in the position. This would be really strange and I doubt we'll see that happen, but you never know.

plenewken
04-21-2010, 01:08 PM
If there was any veracity to that claim, why did the same "victim" go right back to his house the next week? Sorry, I gotta call bullshit on that claim, especially since it was reported by a third party.

Ben must have been ultra paranoid to hire one of the best lawyers in the country plus several detectives to help him on a "frivolous" accusation, don't you think? I'm talking about the GA case here.

urgle burgle

weak....i hit both of them, same time, w/scarlett johannsen tagging in, with all three of their moms cheering me on, last night. add to that the use of a whole lot of pecan sandies and nutter butters.

klick81
So i'm not sure if this has been posted:

Looks like this is turning uglier...

Steelers step up efforts to trade Roethlisberger; Rams not interested
By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers have stepped up their efforts to trade two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was suspended Wednesday for six games.

The Steelers had a brief conversation over the weekend with the St. Louis Rams, according to a league source, but the Rams were not interested in taking on Roethlisberger. The Steelers wanted to deal Roethlisberger to St. Louis as part of a package to move up to first overall in the draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

The Steelers remain open to dealing Roethlisberger but want decent value in return. With the suspension now six games, and given the limited interest in him, team sources now view a deal as extremely remote if not impossible, and never viewed it as likely from the onset, but something they were very much open to.

If the Steelers were somehow able to unload Roethlisberger, his new team would have to take on his suspension.

The Steelers prepared for Roethlisberger's suspension Tuesday by acquiring quarterback Byron Leftwich from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick (225th overall). Leftwich was Roethlisberger's backup during the Steelers' 2008 Super Bowl championship season and could be a fill-in starter.

The Steelers also have longtime backup Charlie Batch and third-year pro Dennis Dixon under contract at quarterback. Batch has been injured each of the past two seasons. Dixon has started only one NFL game, but he likely would compete with Leftwich in training camp to be the early season starter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ab5f4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
The letter being read right now on OTL lays it out pretty perfectly. Goodell seems very ticked about providing alcohol to females not old enough to purchase it themselves, who may have already been intoxicated, and what followed because of said purchase.

Is that not the bars responsibilty to monitor the patrons especially a bar that allows 18yr old and up patrons. Not to mention she had a fake i.d. So essentially ben just recieved a 6 game suspension for buying alcohol at at bar.

Shoes
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Who in the hell is Rock Mamola? He was born in 1981!!!!......and calls the Rooney's who have owned the Steelers 47 years before he was born a "trigger happy organization"

Go buy a bucket rock, you still have shit in your pants!

http://www.670thescore.com/pages/3425589.php?

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Ben must have been ultra paranoid to hire one of the best lawyers in the country plus several detectives to help him on a "frivolous" accusation, don't you think? I'm talking about the GA case here.

Ben hires the best lawyers cause he can afford to. I think if you think your innocent you hire a good lawyer in this case to make sure no mistakes are made.

JEFF4i

A professional athlete hiring one of the best attorneys makes them paranoid now? Wow. Logic fail.

fansince'76

I'm talking about the other "accusation" that turned up in the GBI's files - you know, the one that was related to them 3rd hand by a friend of a so-called "yet another victim's" brother. The one he supposedly sexually assaulted once, yet she willingly went back to his house the very next week so he could do it again. Yeah, that's reasonable.

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
I guess it's okay to kill dogs but definitely wrong to be accused of criminal acts

Michael Keller
04-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Agreed. This is BULLSH*T! 6 game suspension for someone who has never been charged with a crime, the first girl has incriminating emails which are incriminating against her and never bothered going to the cops and the second girl who has a sketchy story AT BEST, MY ASS. This pisses me off.

A two game susension would be fair for simply doing something stupid that night (have consensual sex in the bathroom).

Mike Vick kills and tortures animals and it was proven and he gets 3 games. This infuriates me.

I am on record for wanting Ben readed but I agree this is punishment is RACISM.

I am disgusted with this decision as it is too severe but the white boy got it real good.

Indo
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I think he's buying into the media hype about the "Imminent" trading of Ben

(yes, he's young)

But I do agree with him in saying that it would be a mistake

SteveS
Yep. Esseential Goodell is nailing him for buying underage girls alcohol. The point most are overlooking is that it AIN'T Ben's resposibilty to card other patrons. I hold the bar responsible for that flub. Goodell is an IDIOT!

cloppbeast
Don't be silly...he shouldn't be traded. However, if he gets his dumbass self in trouble again, 2010 will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

If we wait for Ben's next moronic decision, we'll get much less in return. We may wind up trading him for a 5th round pick like Holmes. Right now, a team may be willing to give up a lot to have Ben, after the next incident, not so much. So, the Rooney's need to evaluate how likely it is Ben will act like a knucklehead again. I don't know enough about Ben's attitude to make a decision on the matter, I only hope the FO does.

HometownGal
I guess it's okay to kill dogs but definitely wrong to be accused of criminal acts

^ This.

It's also OK to be a co-conspirator in a murder but get off the hook because you turned in your homies.

It's also OK to mow down an innocent person because you've had too much to drink.

:jerkit:

Merchant
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
If he can't attend offseason activities that's HUGE. How long will it take to complete that medical counselling bullshit? Ben needs to be back in camp asapp

plenewken
Is that not the bars responsibilty to monitor the patrons especially a bar that allows 18yr old and up patrons. Not to mention she had a fake i.d. So essentially ben just recieved a 6 game suspension for buying alcohol at at bar.

And what exactly was Ben buying alcohol to young female patrons for? Just to show them how generous and nice he is? If he was nice and generous, he wouldn't say "Hey bitches take my shots!" in the first place.

Sansi

No. It is not the bar's responsibility. Is it the supermarket's responsibility if I buy beer for a 16 year old? The answer is no. Ben purchased the alcohol. You can't put this on anyone else, and he is not deflecting that blame. At the very least, he is at fault for that. To say anything less is turning a total blind eye to the entire situation.

steeldawg
If we wait for Ben's next moronic decision, we'll get much less in return. We may wind up trading him for a 5th round pick like Holmes. Right now, a team may be willing to give up a lot to have Ben, after the next incident, not so much. So, the Rooney's need to evaluate how likely it is Ben will act like a knucklehead again. I don't know enough about Ben's attitude to make a decision on the matter, I only hope the FO does.

and if he doesnt screw up again we might wind up with 2 more superbowls

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Right...you can be convicted of a felony, go to jail for 2 years...and only recieve a 4 game suspension, while false accusations get you 6 games. What a joke and a hypocrite Roger Goodell is. He got pressured into making this suspension by all the people crying racism if Ben would get away with it.

SteelKnight
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
First, let me say Ben is my favorite player in the league and I support him in his come back.

Now...

The reason the heavy suspension is perfect is it will finally shut people up. If Goodell had given him one or two games we would have had to hear for months how Rothlisberger is a bad man that got away easy.

Now nobody can say it was easy. I hope those Steelers fans sitting on the fence will come to Ben's side now. We need to be united.

I know Ben will do what is needed to get back after the fourth game. He'll have the bye week to deal with practice.

I want the feeling of he did his time, now shut up and let's move on.

Who knows? maybe this will leave been even fresher for the end of the season with 12 less sacks under his belt.

Do you agree?

chitownpit
04-21-2010, 01:17 PM
how can ben be suspended longer than a person just released from federal prison? when he wasnt even charged? this is unbelievable, maybe they should change it to guilty even if proved innocent . the cops have been doing that in my town for 20 years now

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
And what exactly was Ben buying alcohol to young female patrons for? Just to show them how generous and nice he is? If he was nice and generous, he wouldn't say "Hey bitches take my shots!" in the first place.

Hmm why is a guy buying girls drinks in a bar ?? your right that never happens girls always buy thier own drinks. ohh please!!!

Shoes
I think he's buying into the media hype about the "Imminent" trading of Ben

(yes, he's young)

But I do agree with him in saying that it would be a mistake

Calling the Rooneys a "trigger happy organization" makes all his comments null and void IMO

KitsapSteve
I totally disagree with these comments, Ben is very lucky that the NFL gave him a conditional suspension.
This of it this way, You meet a young girl at a bar , she is already drunk and you buy a few more drinks into her and then possibly take advantage of her... the say the young girl was your daughter and something happens.. who would you want to be held liable for her condition???
Ben - Being who he is, should have a group of guys whos whole job is to keep him out of trouble and he didnt.

Ben was stupid and in this day and age lucky he has a job...
I will NOT be wearing my #7 jersey this season or any others till he cleans up his act.

Dont compare this to Micheal Vick, Vick was conviced and did Jail time.

I think Goodells letter clearly identifies what Ben has done to himself... and what he needs to do to get his image as an elite player in the NFL back also...

BOTTOM LINE: Ben get a new bunch of guys to hang out with and pay them to keep an eye on you..
Ben get a Girlfriend or use an escort service....
Ben Dont Let Little Head think for big head...
STOP Being Stupid,, Your a freaking 2 time Super Bowl winning champ of the Pittsburgh Steelers , You NOT stupid...

X-Terminator
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Bullshit suspension.

Sharkissle29
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
wont be so perfect if we are 1-3 going into the bye

plenewken
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Ben hires the best lawyers cause he can afford to. I think if you think your innocent you hire a good lawyer in this case to make sure no mistakes are made.

What mistake could I possibly make if I'm completely innocent? Think about it. I understand that hiring a lawyer is recommended, but the best one? Plus detectives? I don't buy it, sorry.

Would I go see the best medical specialist in the country for a routine visit if nothing's wrong? Hell no! Even if I could afford it.

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM

and if he doesnt screw up again we might wind up with 2 more superbowls

It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is this really the mentality we want to take? We've always heard that people deserve second chances - well doesn't Ben?

Personally, imo, if Ben screws up again he'll probable be black balled out of the league unless another QB goes down with an extensive injury then some poor slap of a team would pick him up.

But I hope that Ben recognizes his poor choices and actions, changes how he pursues his nights out on the town.

I like Dawg, believe that Ben can bring more Lombardis to the Steelers!

Sansi
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I totally disagree with these comments, Ben is very lucky that the NFL gave him a conditional suspension.
This of it this way, You meet a young girl at a bar , she is already drunk and you buy a few more drinks into her and then possibly take advantage of her... the say the young girl was your daughter and something happens.. who would you want to be held liable for her condition???
Ben - Being who he is, should have a group of guys whos whole job is to keep him out of trouble and he didnt.

Ben was stupid and in this day and age lucky he has a job...
I will NOT be wearing my #7 jersey this season or any others till he cleans up his act.

Dont compare this to Micheal Vick, Vick was conviced and did Jail time.

I think Goodells letter clearly identifies what Ben has done to himself... and what he needs to do to get his image as an elite player in the NFL back also...

BOTTOM LINE: Ben get a new bunch of guys to hang out with and pay them to keep an eye on you..
Ben get a Girlfriend or use an escort service....
Ben Dont Let Little Head think for big head...
STOP Being Stupid,, Your a freaking 2 time Super Bowl winning champ of the Pittsburgh Steelers , You NOT stupid...

Yes - equivocation is the last line of defense in a failed argument. Compare one despicable act to another if you like, but that type of thinking only carries a downward trajectory. The very fact these folks are weighing what he did against Vick speaks volumes.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
No. It is not the bar's responsibility. Is it the supermarket's responsibility if I buy beer for a 16 year old? The answer is no. Ben purchased the alcohol. You can't put this on anyone else, and he is not deflecting that blame. At the very least, he is at fault for that. To say anything less is turning a total blind eye to the entire situation.

terrible example knowingly buying beer for underage kids at a supermarket is totally different than buying shots for girls with fake id's already intoxicated at a bar. if a girl uses a fake id to get into a bar and i buy her a drink its my fault no its the bars job to card and spot these id's at the door. You are absolutely grasping at straws here.

steelerzfannforever
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Im not sure where I sit with the 6 game suspension. I think Im more comfortable with 4, however I think you are on to something. Whats bugging me here is the fact that Ben was not convicted of a crime, yet received a Vick like suspension. The kicker is that Vick, a convicted felon had his suspension reduced to 2 games and Ben can only have his reduced to 4 games. It just seems to me that Goodell does not treat these suspensions fairly. How can you suspend a person not convicted of a crime for a minimum of 4 games yet you allow a convicted felon back into the league with a 2 game suspension. Regardless of my feelings, I truly hope that Ben gets the help that he needs to continue on as a productive person. I truly believe he will do everything he needs to and will have a bright future....I just hope its with the Steelers!

plenewken
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Hmm why is a guy buying girls drinks in a bar ?? your right that never happens girls always buy thier own drinks. ohh please!!!

I asked WHY and you conveniently left this out.
Maybe you don't know why but I do. It's TO GET LAID.

Sansi
terrible example knowingly buying beer for underage kids at a supermarket is totally different than buying shots for girls with fake id's already intoxicated at a bar. if a girl uses a fake id to get into a bar and i buy her a drink its my fault no its the bars job to card and spot these id's at the door. You are absolutely grasping at straws here.

It is indeed your fault. I am not grasping at straws. If you buy the alcohol and give it to the girl, it is your fault. Period.

cloppbeast
It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is this really the mentality we want to take? We've always heard that people deserve second chances - well doesn't Ben?

Personally, imo, if Ben screws up again he'll probable be black balled out of the league unless another QB goes down with an extensive injury then some poor slap of a team would pick him up.

But I hope that Ben recognizes his poor choices and actions, changes how he pursues his nights out on the town.

I like Dawg, believe that Ben can bring more Lombardis to the Steelers!

This isn't a church, this is a football team. Sure, society should forgive him, but from a business standpoint, if it's likely Ben will do the same thing again then the Steelers should shop him.

SteelKnight
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I must say I was excited to see Dixon. I hope Dixon beats Leftwich for the starting spot. I really wish they would release Batch and make him a coach. His balls float. I don't want him stealing preseason time. Ben (with new receiver combos), Dixon and Leftwich need all the practice they can get. Leftwich has no touch and bullets everything. Not impressive. A good QB can mix it up. I bet Sweed is not happy to see him. Maybe they can teach im touch.

So they will have to carry 4 QBs ...and when Ben comes back, either Batch or Leftwhich is gone.

Steelers>NFL
And where did 6-2 start last season get the Steelers???

pittguy578
I want the NFL to start suspending every player that goes out drinking and has relations with a random girl.

SteelKnight
04-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Yeah. We need to find a way to win Tampa and Baltimore at least. Tat Baltimore game will be important.

At least if that happens, when he comes back, he will be cheered and embraced. It saddens me to hear fans calling for him to be traded.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
What mistake could I possibly make if I'm completely innocent? Think about it. I understand that hiring a lawyer is recommended, but the best one? Plus detectives? I don't buy it, sorry.

Would I go see the best medical specialist in the country for a routine visit if nothing's wrong? Hell no! Even if I could afford it.

Oh in that case people shouldnt hire lawyers then if they believe they are innocent they should defend themselves. Heres my personal example i was arrested for driving with no car insurance even though i did have insurance but i had recently switched companies. i spent 2000 dollars on attorney even though i knew i did nothing wrong but i didnt know how to prove it. turns out when my new company sent my info to states dmv they made typo on one of the letters on my vin number. I had know idea of this and probably would have faced felony charges for something i didnt even do. needless to say the lawyer got the case thrown out.

urgle burgle
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
this long of a suspension.....is a joke.

caseydog
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't be silly...he shouldn't be traded. However, if he gets his dumbass self in trouble again, 2010 will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

If he gets into trouble one more time, he will be worthless as a trade.

One more sexual misconduct accusation, and he's done, and we have nothing to offer in trade.

That's something you have to consider.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I asked WHY and you conveniently left this out.
Maybe you don't know why but I do. It's TO GET LAID.

thats not illegal thats why i left it out.....and besides buying a girl a drink isnt just to get laid it also an icebreaker to start conversation.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
If you're shocked, then you're a fool. It is what it is. Quit cryin; suck it up and get behind your team. Ben is not our whole team. These guys are good enough to win 4-6 without him. I'd be more concerned about how quickly they can gel once he comes back.

In any event, no use crying over it as it is now a part of the script for the 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:32 PM
It is indeed your fault. I am not grasping at straws. If you buy the alcohol and give it to the girl, it is your fault. Period.

giving a girl a drink who you believe is of age is not illegal or immoral and its still up to her to drink it. its not like he poured it down her throat.

steelreserve
04-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Those 60% say they want to return to "Steelers football," which, from my experience, involves running the ball down everybody's throats during the regular season but not the post-season, and not having a good enough QB to compensate for it. The same people crying for a return to "Steelers football" will be the same people wondering why we choke in the playoffs -- if we even make it there in the next few years.

They will be the same 60% who are whining and crying when the Steelers can't pass the ball any longer.

Who knows. Maybe. If they're going to do it, I just want them to get it over with so we can all see that whether Ben is our QB or not, the world will not end. I don't think it would be particularly smart to trade him either, but we have GOT to get out of this mentality of "OMG, it took 25 years since the last time we had an elite QB, so obviously it'll take at least another 25 years to find the next one."

Well ... no. Franchise QBs are by no means easy to find, but I think we were also extremely unlucky over that time period, and made some bad mistakes. We had one guy (Malone) who was the heir apparent but got injured and was never the same ... we passed up a number of potential QBs who would've been good enough ... and we would spend way too long sticking with guys who were were hoping would "pan out," when all along it ought to have been obvious that they were marginal stopgap players and we should've continued to look for a real answer in the meantime -- not go two or three years with Bubby Brister or Mike Tomczak or Jim Miller as Plan A for the future.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, even if we lost/gave up on Ben, I don't think it would be nearly as bleak as some people think. And I think this team could be a legitimate Super Bowl contender with even a mere above-average QB. Defense was what won it for us in 2008 -- yes, I know, a great offensive play was the defining moment of the game itself -- but let's face it, for the vast majority of the year, our offense was about as smooth and efficient as a gravel truck with a broken axle. We were winning games 16-10 and 12-9, and we could do it again if the defense shows up, which is really the key to the whole thing anyway. If the defense is so-so, the offense could be as good as we want and the team would still struggle (see: last year). So please, let's not let the "OMG 25 Years w/o a QB" argument cloud all our judgment, eh?

plenewken
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
First, let me say Ben is my favorite player in the league and I support him in his come back.

Now...

The reason the heavy suspension is perfect is it will finally shut people up. If Goodell had given him one or two games we would have had to hear for months how Rothlisberger is a bad man that got away easy.

Now nobody can say it was easy. I hope those Steelers fans sitting on the fence will come to Ben's side now. We need to be united.

I know Ben will do what is needed to get back after the fourth game. He'll have the bye week to deal with practice.

I want the feeling of he did his time, now shut up and let's move on.

Who knows? maybe this will leave been even fresher for the end of the season with 12 less sacks under his belt.

Do you agree?

As far as I'm concerned, this 6 games suspension won't make me consider Ben less of an @sshole. Same for Vick by the way.

In terms of football, since Ben is your favorite player, would you still root for him if he was traded? Just curious.

Sansi
giving a girl a drink who you believe is of age is not illegal or immoral and its still up to her to drink it. its not like he poured it down her throat.

It is illegal to provide alcohol for someone not of legal age to imbibe it. It is also immoral by any sane standard. It doesn't matter what age you think she is.

SteelPride1207

Now...

The reason the heavy suspension is perfect is it will finally shut people up. ?

So now punishments are contingent on how much people talk and complain instead of being contingent on the seriousness of the crime. :doh:

Six games is ridiculous and sets a bad precedent. Now...all we need to do is hire a girl to visit any bar frequented by our opponent's best players...make a false ALLEGATION of sexual assault...and we can eliminate having to face those players when we play their teams. :banging:

This was simply ridiculous especially since Ben participated in a ritual done a billion times in college bars everywhere around the world. Drinking, picking up a girl, and having xxx.

Wow...what's next...getting thrown in jail because you smiled at someone!

SteelKnight
Im not sure where I sit with the 6 game suspension. I think Im more comfortable with 4, however I think you are on to something. Whats bugging me here is the fact that Ben was not convicted of a crime, yet received a Vick like suspension. The kicker is that Vick, a convicted felon had his suspension reduced to 2 games and Ben can only have his reduced to 4 games. It just seems to me that Goodell does not treat these suspensions fairly. How can you suspend a person not convicted of a crime for a minimum of 4 games yet you allow a convicted felon back into the league with a 2 game suspension. Regardless of my feelings, I truly hope that Ben gets the help that he needs to continue on as a productive person. I truly believe he will do everything he needs to and will have a bright future....I just hope its with the Steelers!

Some good points.

I want to point out two things though.

1. Goodell knows Ben will do what is needed to get it down to 4 games so making it 6 is great because it shuts people up. Personally, if Ben does not do the right things, he deserves 6...but he will.

2. Secondly, with the Vick case, he had already missed football time while he was in prison all that time. I actually felt that was enough. Vick would have gotten a heaver suspension if he had not missed time.

I just think it is great. Hopefully it will bring peace.

MACH1
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
If he gets into trouble one more time, he will be worthless as a trade.

One more sexual misconduct accusation, and he's done, and we have nothing to offer in trade.

That's something you have to consider.

Think of it this way. One more sexual misconduct accusation and he's out of the NFL entirely, not worth much that way is he.

There will be NO trade!

steeldawg
If there underage people drinking in a bar its the bars fault many bars are raided for this very reason they can be fined or even lose their licesnses

mtsamuelson
Okay, so here's my take on the situation.

If this type of thing happened once, was dismissed, and never heard of again, I would have to say it was probably just someone trying to get some money and their 15 minutes of fame. However, this happened twice in less than a year.

Sorry, but Ben is an idiot. He's not some innocent bystander in this; it's quite obvious that something happened, but luckily for him in both cases, there wasn't enough proof to charge him with anything.

It really sucks that I have to suffer and the Steelers have to suffer for six games because their star QB is a moron and can't get a clue. How many times is it going to take before he realizes he has to change?

Steelers fans need to take off the blinders and see Ben is in the wrong here, not Goodell.

plenewken

Did you forget that Vick was jailed for almost 3 years and consequently missed 40+ games? Isn't that enough of a sanction?

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
It is illegal to provide alcohol for someone not of legal age to imbibe it. It is also immoral by any sane standard. It doesn't matter what age you think she is.

you quoted me and totally ignored what i wrote she had a fake id that said she was of age thats not his fault. its the bars fault for not spotting the fake id.:banging:

MACH1
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Okay, so here's my take on the situation.

If this type of thing happened once, was dismissed, and never heard of again, I would have to say it was probably just someone trying to get some money and their 15 minutes of fame. However, this happened twice in less than a year.

Sorry, but Ben is an idiot. He's not some innocent bystander in this; it's quite obvious that something happened, but luckily for him in both cases, there wasn't enough proof to charge him with anything.

It really sucks that I have to suffer and the Steelers have to suffer for six games because their star QB is a moron and can't get a clue. How many times is it going to take before he realizes he has to change?

Steelers fans need to take off the blinders and see Ben is in the wrong here, not Goodell.

Really, you HAVE to suffer? There are 31 more teams out there, pick one.

43Hitman
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I wonder how many twinkies Ben can eat before week 6?

JSH6487
If you're shocked, then you're a fool. It is what it is. Quit cryin; suck it up and get behind your team. Ben is not our whole team. These guys are good enough to win 4-6 without him. I'd be more concerned about how quickly they can gel once he comes back.

In any event, no use crying over it as it is now a part of the script for the 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers.

4-6 over an entire season maybe without Ben in the lineup. The suspension was complete BS and people have a right to be pissed about it...so shut the hell up Mr. Ultimate Steeler fan from Jersey.

chitownpit
OK we have been having this same conversation now for days. and what stops it? how bout 15 years of fuilty? niel,bubby,mark,tommy,kordell, now im getting sick . I wouldnt traid two number 1 picks for him . we can count the number of guys drafted at the top who are bagging food right now. few guys can take the pressure of playing QB in the nfl and be succesfull . and ben wins superbowls, ben can put a team on his back with 1.23 left on the clock . thats H.O.F if they can sit him down . PLEASE! PLEASE! dont traid him!

X-Terminator
04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
see Ben is in the wrong here, not Goodell.

Ben is wrong for putting himself into this situation. But the suspension is still 100% Grade A bullshit. I'm having a really hard time understanding suspending a player for allegations that did not lead to charges. I don't agree with it, I have never agreed with it, and I will never agree with it. And don't give me the "pattern of behavior" excuse either - the last time I checked, hearsay was NOT evidence of guilt.