PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Indo
04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
OK

So let's consider this:

First, NO ONE (not even the revered Adam Schefter) knows what is going on in the Steelers FO

Next, The Steelers (Rooneys) DO have a good reputation. In fact, it has been called the Classiest organization in ALL OF SPORTS

Also, the Rooneys know what they have in Ben (I'm talking about a FRANCHISE QB)

So, does anyonr think that it MAY BE CONCEIVABLE that they are "making calls" just to 1) scare Ben a little
and 2) give the league and fans the idea (illusion?) that they ARE attempting to "save face" by "shopping Ben around?"

Did anyone listen (REALLY LISTEN) to what Art II said at the press conference?

"Ben has rejoined the team and participating in our offseason conditioning program. We allowed Ben to do this after being convinced that he was sincerely contrite for his actions as well as having Ben's assurance that he's firmly committed to working every day to regain the trust and respect of this organization and Steelers fans. After imposing an appropriate level of discipline, and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be a successful player and person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us that he's the teammate and citizen we all know he's capable of being. And we hope the entire Steelers community will allow Ben the opportunity to prove to them that he deserves their trust and respect."

Ben WILL NOT be traded
write it down

Prok
04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Maddox and Kordell and O'Donnell and Tomzack

Oh what fun awaits.

You got that right. I am absolutely disgusted with these rumors....

Plus i felt left out by not getting to start my own Ben thread. ;-)

SteelerFanInCA
04-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Ben is a disgusting swine.

What kind of person forces a young girl so drunk because Ben was giving underage girls shots, so she can't stand or walk by herself, to have sex with him in a bar bathroom? No girl in that state can consciously "consent" to have sex with a 6'5" 280+ lb guy. And when she said no, how would she have stopped him? No one wants or deserves that. Seems like Ben could use a strong re-introduction to some Christian values.

The reports (which are online) say that girl has decided to not to pursue the charge not because they aren't true, but because of the media attention and the disruption to her life. The media literally patrolled Milledgeville looking for her & camped out near her sorority house (yes, we witnessed this with our own eyes). She has now quit school & is getting counseling to try to get her life back together. She has our deepest sympathy & we wish her the best.

This man is an embarrassment to Pittsburgh and as parents with daughters of our own, we need to run him out of town on a rail.

:coffee:

Men of Steel
Thanks, Killer. I forwarded that to Dan, and he cancelled the agreement he was about to make with the Seahawks.

You saved our collective @sses. :coffee:

pfffhahahaa :rofl:

SteelKnight
Doesn't work like that. What one person considers consensual the other may not. . . and IMO, that is exactly the problem here. That is why I am hoping the behavior counseling will do wonders. I think for Ben, it is more a matter of his eyes really being opened more than anything else.

Yeah...I see what you are saying. There could be a mix up of consensual vs non-consensual which is both people's fault because Ben needs to interpret better but maybe she needs to be more assertive. How about rephrasing like "This is rape. I'll tell the police." See if that wakes him.

There is also the fact that he was intoxicated and he may have done it and not think that he did.

All that being said, I would STILL feel comfortable backing him and would feel good knowing HE believes he is innocent and is not hiding anything. Even so, he would still need counseling to keep himself out of the situations.

I guess the difference is whether someone thinks he can rape someone and get away with it or whether he is truly shocked by the allegations as we are and meant well the whole time. That to me makes a difference.

Intent...awareness.

Fire Haley
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Well if you don't want it- allow me to hijack it then..

Polian: Colts won't discipline Foster

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian says the team will not discipline defensive tackle Eric Foster, who faces a sexual assault lawsuit.

A 22-year-old hotel receptionist is suing Foster, claiming that he sexually assaulted her in his room at an Indianapolis hotel before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 24.

Polian said Wednesday that the team has no reason to discipline Foster because police investigated the incident and prosecutors later decided not to file charges.

He says Foster remains with the team and will participate in its offseason program.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman because it generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=&sa=TS&eid=5122609

-----------------------------

The Colts want wins, not choir boys, I can't blame them.

BritishSteel
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
In truth, the FO could be sending a message to Ben and testing the water, trade-wise at the same time. I doubt that they'll get best value from a trade unless Clausen goes much higher than predicted and a QB - lite franchise gets jittery. They then may be prepared to over-trade, and that's when we'd get the sort of value we'd be looking for. Otherwise I doubt he goes - the value just won't be there. I won't worry about it until Tomorrow night, then it'll be wait and see.

For what it's worth, I think the scenarios where we Trade Ben are pretty unlikely to transpire.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Colt McCoy could end up being a better Qb...BUT I guess the same could be said about Tebow or any other QB (tom brady 7th round?)
We trade Ben and our # 18 pick for a top 10 pick 1st and 3rd round plus their 1st round next year

Indo

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian says the team will not discipline defensive tackle Eric Foster, who faces a sexual assault lawsuit.

A 22-year-old hotel receptionist is suing Foster, claiming that he sexually assaulted her in his room at an Indianapolis hotel before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 24.

Polian said Wednesday that the team has no reason to discipline Foster because police investigated the incident and prosecutors later decided not to file charges.

He says Foster remains with the team and will participate in its offseason program.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman because it generally does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Wow.

And this, Mr. Gooddouche, is different from the one with the SB-winning QB how?

Fire Haley
Said it before (in another thread) and I'll say it again:

Ben WILL NOT be traded
write it down

didn't you also say Holmes would never be traded?

LukesDad88
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
The Rooneys are taking a number of kicks to the boyz no matter what they decide. It's up to them to decide in the end what is best for their business, reputation, and franchise.

OneForTheToe
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
BOW DOWN TO THE ROONEYS....

bull shit. If they knew "more than we did" we would know about it. We would hear about locker room problems, etc.

If that comes out, fine. But until then, this just looks stupid.

Agreed.

Now there is a thought to wrap your head around.:wink02:

Indo
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
didn't you also say Holmes would never be traded?

No, actually, I stayed out of that one!

RoethlisBURGHer
yeah it is...Vick was suspended before his prison sentence. Ray Lewis didn't murder anybody. I hate Steelers fans who still say this.

No, he didn't murder anyone, but he was involved with it. He was originally charged with murder and copped a plea deal for his testimony, which wasn't good enough for his murderous thuggish friend's to go the jail for it.

Vick was suspended for the duration of his prison stay because the Falcons couldn't do so under current league rules. The Falcons couldn't be expected to pay the salary owed to him while he sat in jail. That's the reason why. He wasn't going to be playing football for those two seasons anyhow.

He should have been suspended for at least 8 games on his own time, not the prison's time, but his own free time......for the fact that he broke the law, didn't really care, then lied to Roger Goodell's face about it.

Not only did he get a four game suspension with the chance to get it knocked down to two games, he got just the two games.

So as long as Ben stays out of bars and out of trouble between now and training camp, he should be gone only four games. That's the precedent set by Goodell last year.

solardave
They didn't call the Browns. Getting a 5th rounder for Holmes was the best we could do but you don't trade in your division. I say by draft time Ben will be here or be a Raider. I don't see any other scenerio.

SteelKnight
Well the Steelers have me unbelivably stressed now. I will consider tomorrow a success so long as we get to keep Ben. I will almost feel like we drafted Ben. If they had to pull off a Bradford trade, I would understand...not agree but understand. Bradford has done nothing in the pros. If they however trade Ben to the Raiders, I will be very sad.

I'm nervous because they just extended Leftwich's contract. I hope they ultimately release Batch...when Ben comes back.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
**** THE ROONEYS. YEAH, I SAID IT. **** THE ROONEYS!

solardave
04-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I do not want to go trough a re-building phase yet. We have a team FULL of playoff and SB experienced vets.

Asking Leftwich or Batch to keep us in contention until some youngster develops is wayyyyyy too much imo.

Keep the franchise QB we have and COMPETE.

It won't be Lefty or Batch but rather Dixon. He's young and talented. We will be OK with or without Ben.

Prok
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I remember a recent PC where Rooney himself said he looked at message boards.

Well if you are looking here Art: DO NOT TRADE BEN YOU IMBECILE !!!!!

LukesDad88
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Another reason why the suspension is perfect is because it reduces the chances of Ben being traded. 2 games with a chance of 4? Alot more teams would be interested. 6 Games with psychiatric evaluations and counseling? Very little chance teams are going to want to take that risk.

Those wanting to keep Ben should be thankful for this suspension.

Steelrule
Who says Ben is walking around thinking he's all that and a ham sandwich?

Also I'm glad his actions lead YOU to believe he's uncontrollable, I'm sure it helps you sleep better at night, understand though that I don't take you as an authority on the subject.

I'm sorry if you feel his actions are those of someone whose character is above reproach. It's more than obvious that Ben feels the rules don't apply to him. If you can't see that, perhaps your bias has blinded you. Ask yourself this, do you believe you would have gotten away with what Ben "allegedly" has done? Do you really think it would all just magically disappear?

It is clear Ben cannot control himself otherwise we wouldn't be having these issues. I may be a homer, but I am also a realist.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
Alright guys. I'm 18 years old and a Steelers fan my entire life. As evidenced by my name, I was a giant Neil O'Donnell fan. As a young kid, I was very saddened by the Steelers letting him (and in my opinion, a few SB victories) leave Pittsburgh. Anyways, let's cut to the chase. If the Steelers trade Ben, I must say that I will done with the Rooneys and will follow Ben's career elsewhere. As much as I hate this idea of becoming a fan of another team, Ben has given new life to my Steelers' fandom over the last few years. As I know many will say something along the lines of "don't let the door hit you on the way out", etc, etc. I'm sorry, but I go where Ben goes. This is just all like a giant nightmare to me. Just needed to get that out to the Steeler Nation. Go Steelers. Here's to Ben and the boys going for trophy number 7 in 2010.

Steelerfreak58
WTF!??!?!?

You dont trade BB. Sorry he is as dumb as a bag of ****ing hammers but you don't trade him. He is the franchise QB and helped win 2 Super Bowls and has been charged with absolutely nothing.

Art II please don't trade BB.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
**** THE ROONEYS. YEAH, I SAID IT. **** THE ROONEYS!

"love?" You "love" the Rooney's? Mrs. Season tickets on the 45? :rofl:

You're a damn joke. Just go away.

NJarhead
Now there is a thought to wrap your head around.:wink02:

:sofunny:

Prok
Wow.

And this, Mr. Gooddouche, is different from the one with the SB-winning QB how?

There isn't huge public out-cry and lynching as with Ben. He's public enemy #1 ya know....

Jlambert58
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Right now I'm split on trading Ben. On one hand we are an aging team in need of a big rebuild mode, on the other hand i believe we still have 2-4 more years of contending. I think thats the major decision the Rooney's will have to make, risk your future by trying to get 1 or more super bowls out of the vets we have, or rebuilding and sacrificing the next 2-3 seasons. Both sides of the Trade/Don't Trade Ben argument have merits, and you are ignorant if you think otherwise

Steelerstrength
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Here is some food for thought regarding Godell's past performance/decision as it pertains to the suspension of a player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/nfl.suspensions.by.roger.goodell/content.1.html

Very poor decision in my opinion. But, Ben needs to stay away from any drunk chick who follows him from bar to bar, while wearing a "Down To ****" name tag.

TampaSteelerFan
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah. We need to find a way to win Tampa and Baltimore at least. Tat Baltimore game will be important.

At least if that happens, when he comes back, he will be cheered and embraced. It saddens me to hear fans calling for him to be traded.

We will beat the Bucs even if Bubby Brister comes out of retirement to play qb for 4 games. :tt:

steelerzfannforever
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Just heard Ken Laird from radio station 1250 am in Pittsburgh say that he will be very surprised if the Steelers dont trade Ben. He really thinks Ben will be a Raider.....Im throwing up right now!

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
man i will super pissed at the steelers org. if they let him go.obviously im not going to turn in my fan badge but that would absolutely suck any of you guys think we even sniff the playoff with out ben you are out of your minds.

all this because of accusations:banging::banging::banging:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Here's to Ben and the boys going for trophy number 7 in 2010.

The cowboys don't have 6 SB trophies! :rofl:

Preacher
Projecting a what if... a BIG WHAT IF.

If Ben get's traded-what about offensive strategy (PLEASE, Arians bashers, this isn't the thread for that. let it go and stay on target).

There has been a constant shift since Ben was drafted from the run game to the pass game. We are now a pass-first, run second team. Even with Rooney's comments, they were more to the "Must be ABLE to run" instead of "must get back to running first" variety.

IMO, trading Ben changes that, and therefore SHOULD be a factor in any trade.

With that in mind, What would happen with a trade, draft, and the offensive strategy? IMO, a trade would net one of two things, or both. It would bring in a first round draft pick, or a top lineman and a mid to low first and second round pick (plus a possible other pick). I then see the draft going with a QB if we have a top pick. Otherwise, we pick up a second lineman, or another Running back.

Why? Because in this league, it is easier to rebuild with the run game than it is with the pass game. We already have a front line that can run block, especially when they are told to line up and simply drive on the guy (or pulling Kemo). We still have the leagues best blocking WR and we're getting back ARE, who knows the Steelers mentality when it comes to WR's and blocking.

Add to that Mendy who showed last year that he has the ability run through some tackles. Add to the mix McHugh coming back in, a second look at Frank the Tank, and possibly a second round RB pick up if someone falls, and I think we immediately have the ability to make the playoffs without Ben.

And most of Steeler-nation is happy, because we are back to the Three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust mentality.

Now, if we don't draft a QB, Lefty steps in for us. Forget what people say about him having a long release. He is still much faster at getting the ball out than Ben (just different styles of play, not a statement of better or worse). He is also has a lifetime completion percentage better than any Steelers' starting QB outside of Roethliberger (using Leftwich's lifetime rating against all other QB's Steeler ratings, which seems fair, as Leftwich's Steelers rating is inflated due to the game against Washington)... and is bettered only by Roethlisberger and Bobby Walden for lifetime rating (not counting Batch, as he only has started a few games for the Steelers).

I am NOT saying that Leftwich is anywhere as good as Ben but, if the above scenario does play out, we could immediately see a team as good as the offense of Cowher's teams, maybe a bit better than his earlier teams, since we would have, statistically, a better QB. Not a franchise QB by any means, but a better QB that any other one between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.

JSH6487
Anyone who thinks we should trade Ben...or better yet anyone who would still even support the Rooney's after they do is a ****ing moron.

And all of the people like this dipshit from Jersey (Who the **** cares about a Jersey Steeler fan anyway) that have their heads so far up the Rooney's ass and want to talk down to people who have a problem with what the Rooney's are doing can kiss my ****ing ass.

Prok
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Right now I'm split on trading Ben. On one hand we are an aging team in need of a big rebuild mode, on the other hand i believe we still have 2-4 more years of contending. I think thats the major decision the Rooney's will have to make, risk your future by trying to get 1 or more super bowls out of the vets we have, or rebuilding and sacrificing the next 2-3 seasons. Both sides of the Trade/Don't Trade Ben argument have merits, and you are ignorant if you think otherwise

How about keeping Ben and CONTENDING then still getting younger through the draft as we ALWAYS do ??

Think Green Bay with Favre and Rodgers ??

Preacher
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Anyone who thinks we should trade Ben...or better yet anyone who would still even support the Rooney's after they do is a ****ing moron.

You seriously had to waste cyberspace with that post?

Preacher
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
OK

So let's consider this:

First, NO ONE (not even the revered Adam Schefter) knows what is going on in the Steelers FO

Next, The Steelers (Rooneys) DO have a good reputation. In fact, it has been called the Classiest organization in ALL OF SPORTS

Also, the Rooneys know what they have in Ben (I'm talking about a FRANCHISE QB)

So, does anyonr think that it MAY BE CONCEIVABLE that they are "making calls" just to 1) scare Ben a little
and 2) give the league and fans the idea (illusion?) that they ARE attempting to "save face" by "shopping Ben around?"

Did anyone listen (REALLY LISTEN) to what Art II said at the press conference?

"Ben has rejoined the team and participating in our offseason conditioning program. We allowed Ben to do this after being convinced that he was sincerely contrite for his actions as well as having Ben's assurance that he's firmly committed to working every day to regain the trust and respect of this organization and Steelers fans. After imposing an appropriate level of discipline, and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be a successful player and person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us that he's the teammate and citizen we all know he's capable of being. And we hope the entire Steelers community will allow Ben the opportunity to prove to them that he deserves their trust and respect."

Ben WILL NOT be traded
write it down

That is my exact thoughts.

(of course, I had fun with my what-if thread, but in reality, I think you are dead on accurate here).

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
So , does this mean that the Colts Eric Foster will get a 6-game suspension too? Same exact allegation, Sexual Assault. If not, the double standard wand will be getting waived here.

Rick5895
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I hope he isn't traded, and he grows up! That being said, if we can get a 1 and 2 in this years draft and a 1 or 2 next year then we should take the trade. The clause that prohibits Ben from practicing until after behavioral testing drops his value, as does the fact that another incident might spell the end of his career. Maybe the Seahawks or Raiders need a QB bad enough to attempt it, and the Hawks have 2 #1 this year.

tony hipchest
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
since you started yet another big ben thread, i think its only fit to morph it into an arians bashing thread.

larry z.... gone
s. holmes... gone
big ben....going going gone?
arians....thin thread hanging and cant call a run game to save his life (i mean job).

the transformation is almost complete. :chuckle:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
So , does this mean that the Colts Eric Foster will get a 6-game suspension too? Same exact allegation, Sexual Assault. If not, the double standard wand will be getting waived here.

You will have to ask the media they will determine that

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
yeah it is...Vick was suspended before his prison sentence. Ray Lewis didn't murder anybody. I hate Steelers fans who still say this.

My only question,l where was his suspension? Not even one game.

How is it allegations can now violate personal conduct code?

Seems a little "Salem, Massachusetts" to me.

Prok
04-21-2010, 05:58 PM
My thing is that usually when the "rumors" start getting this hot and heavy (especially concerning the Steelers), by respected NFL sources such as Shefter? There HAS to be some sort of smoke to this fire IMO.

And at this point if you're Ben? keep in mind these things are being reported nationally. You pretty much see writing on the wall and question Rooney's loyalty?

Hell it wouldn't surprise me to see a block-buster deal done by tomorrow...

:banging:

Steelerfreak58
The guy has not even been charged with anything. Could you imagine having any other kind of job and having this shit done to you? Guilty until proven innocent.

vasteeler
if they let ben go on accusations i would be super pissed at the steelers org. im sure i would get over it but it would suck for him not to be our qb.
we are not in need of a drastic rebuild, we are built for contention now .
sorry i dont feel that great about lefty,dixon or batch leading us anywhere.

and what about tomlin. I bet he would hate for ben to leave.if hes looking for another contract he need to win now

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, Arians will be gone next. Ben is the only reason he is around this year.
But to keep your request and not bash Arians..

I think we would have to go back to a run heavy offense and will make Arians job in pleasing the FO a bit easier not having to please ben.

Not sure what is going to happen but should be an interesting draft

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope he isn't traded, and he grows up! That being said, if we can get a 1 and 2 in this years draft and a 1 or 2 next year then we should take the trade. The clause that prohibits Ben from practicing until after behavioral testing drops his value, as does the fact that another incident might spell the end of his career. Maybe the Seahawks or Raiders need a QB bad enough to attempt it, and the Hawks have 2 #1 this year.

Not that I think it will happen (I actually agree with Indo's take on the whole thing), but Ben to Seattle would be a quite awkward union considering that bunch still has their panties in an extremely tight wad over SB XL and Ben's "non-TD' in that game.

JCPsteelers
04-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Projecting a what if... a BIG WHAT IF.

Why? Because in this league, it is easier to rebuild with the run game than it is with the pass game. r.

No its not.. The league rules is totally in favor of teams with passing offenses.. Teams that have franchise QB's have a distinct advantages over ones that don't..

stillers4me
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Maybe once he's had his psych evaluation and they "fix him", he won't hold onto the ball so dangum long. :chuckle:

fansince'76
Just heard Ken Laird from radio station 1250 am in Pittsburgh say that he will be very surprised if the Steelers dont trade Ben. He really thinks Ben will be a Raider.....Im throwing up right now!

He had Arians fired 3 months ago too. :coffee:

Men of Steel
well if... IF.. big ben is gone,
the Steelers would pretty much HAVE NO CHOICE but to re-commit to a "RUN FIRST"
organization.

that being said, i guess the draft and most of our picks would be centered on a run-first mentality.

OF COURSE, we would still HAVE TO LOOK for a FRANCHISE QB.

but a RB would be taken and maybe new OL.men throughout the draft as well.

OneForTheToe
Exactly. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Personally, I think this is all being pushed out there to drive home to Ben the reality of his actions and consequences. I don't think Ben would be traded, nor do I really want him traded.

You could be onto something there, Preacher (are you getting feedback from above?). The rumor that the Steelers talked to the Rams about acquiring the # 1 pic doesn't make sense to me. Why would the Rooneys want to take on the, 50 million dollar guaranteed, contract that Bradford will demand? That would be especially out of character for this team considering the fact that they still like Dixon as a possible future starter. I don't think the Rooneys want the #1 pick and it is not an easy pick to trade away. About the only scenario in which the Steelers would have acquire the #1 pick that makes sense would be if they had a deal in place to trade down from that first pick with a team that wanted Bradford.

It does sound like the Steelers figure they can get Ben's attention by letting him know they were willing to trade him. Or, maybe the meeting between ART II and Ben did not go as well as reported?

Prok
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
if they let ben go on accusations i would be super pissed at the steelers org. im sure i would get over it but it would suck for him not to be our qb.
we are not in need of a drastic rebuild, we are built for contention now .
sorry i dont feel that great about lefty,dixon or batch leading us anywhere.

and what about tomlin. I bet he would hate for ben to leave.if hes looking for another contract he need to win now

Add Bruce Arians to that list. I'll go on record NOW saying he'll be fired after next season without Ben. Quote me, i don't care.

SteelKnight
Another reason why the suspension is perfect is because it reduces the chances of Ben being traded. 2 games with a chance of 4? Alot more teams would be interested. 6 Games with psychiatric evaluations and counseling? Very little chance teams are going to want to take that risk.

Those wanting to keep Ben should be thankful for this suspension.

I was thinking of this too. Do the steelers really want to struggle for the next 10 years? I remember the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister and even Kent Graham...OMG...even Kordel...as much as he flashed, he chokes at big moments...unlike Ben.

If they make the trade because a bunch of wives in Pitt are complaining, boo.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
well if... IF.. big ben is gone,
the Steelers would pretty much HAVE NO CHOICE but to re-commit to a "RUN FIRST"
organization.

that being said, i guess the draft would be centered on a run-first philosophy.

OF COURSE, we would still HAVE TO LOOK for a FRANCHISE QB.

but a RB would be taken and maybe new OL.men throughout the draft as well.

if that is the case.... So much for rebuilding, gaining depth, on our defense:banging:

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Back to three yards and a cloud of dust. Then playoffs against the best defenses in the league. Then AFC championship games where we need a QB to provide something to get us over the edge. And the realization that we are back to that era know as YBBAB. (years between Ben and Bradshaw) Close but no cigar.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
We'll have no ****ing offense without Ben. Case closed.

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
As a young kid, I was very saddened by the Steelers letting him (and in my opinion, a few SB victories) leave Pittsburgh.

i think the steelers let o'dorky leave because HE'S the one who let too many SB victories leave... :coffee:

NEXT!

SteelKnight
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Here is some food for thought regarding Godell's past performance/decision as it pertains to the suspension of a player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/nfl.suspensions.by.roger.goodell/content.1.html

Very poor decision in my opinion. But, Ben needs to stay away from any drunk chick who follows him from bar to bar, while wearing a "Down To ****" name tag.

I know right. These girls followed them to 3 bars. Like I said, I have seen girls lie about their sexual behavior in college.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
i think the steelers let o'dorky leave BECAUSE HE's the one who let too many SB victories leave... :coffee:

NEXT!
Actually, it was incorrectly run routes by Corey Holliday that led to Larry Brown's big day. O'Donnell was great as the Steelers QB and led them to measurable success in the 1990s.

JSH6487
Alright guys. I'm 18 years old and a Steelers fan my entire life. As evidenced by my name, I was a giant Neil O'Donnell fan. As a young kid, I was very saddened by the Steelers letting him (and in my opinion, a few SB victories) leave Pittsburgh. Anyways, let's cut to the chase. If the Steelers trade Ben, I must say that I will done with the Rooneys and will follow Ben's career elsewhere. As much as I hate this idea of becoming a fan of another team, Ben has given new life to my Steelers' fandom over the last few years. As I know many will say something along the lines of "don't let the door hit you on the way out", etc, etc. I'm sorry, but I go where Ben goes. This is just all like a giant nightmare to me. Just needed to get that out to the Steeler Nation. Go Steelers. Here's to Ben and the boys going for trophy number 7 in 2010.

Don't share your same thoughts on O'Donnell but I'm with you on Ben.

If Ben goes, I go. This shit from the Rooneys is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and I would never get over it if they trade Ben because of accusations. Would hate to have to sport the silver and black if he's a Raider, but that's what I'd do.

Fire Haley
It just shows the NFL has a stricter code for sexual abuse than the Vatican

Prok
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
At this point i'd wayyyyyyyyy rather deal with a 4 game suspension than not having Ben on the team at all.

Rooney has to stop this madness.

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Actually, it was incorrectly run routes by Corey Holliday that led to Larry Brown's big day. O'Donnell was great as the Steelers QB and led them to measurable success in the 1990s.

O'Donnell was a journeyman QB who played like a journeyman QB in SB XXX.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM

The first one I believe was on the WR. The second (the one we couldn't recover from) was on O'Donnell.

Still, I think we could have won with him had we kept him.

That said, if you're a fan of a player then by all means go, but don't say you're a fan of the team if that's your attitude.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
That is my exact thoughts.

(of course, I had fun with my what-if thread, but in reality, I think you are dead on accurate here).

I agree with this also i think its all a PR move to say we really thought about getting rid of him but couldnt get equal value. Just so fans can go back to saying the steelers dont put up with nonsense, so the franchise saves some face and ben can go back to winning. I mean really there talking abot us trading for the 8th or 9th pick i just cant believe the rooney's would make that move.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Don't share your same thoughts on O'Donnell but I'm with you on Ben.

If Ben goes, I go. This shit from the Rooneys is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and I would never get over it if they trade Ben because of accusations. Would hate to have to sport the silver and black if he's a Raider, but that's what I'd do.

That does it for me. Trade his ass.

PalmerSteel
i am truly pissed about it, but fine with it. its truly sink or swim time for ben. i truly feel the steelers FO had a big say in how many games he got. i will back up the FO on this one, even though it is extreme.

JSH6487
It just shows the NFL has a stricter code for sexual abuse than the Vatican

It also shows that Goodell has no nuts and was pressured into this suspension because of all of the cries of racism if Ben wasn't punished while tons of black players have been in the past.

And you damn well better believe if Ben was black there would be absolutely no thought of a suspension based on only accusations. To suspend a black player that has the stature of Ben 6 games WITHOUT pay because of accusations where he wasn't charged? The NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would be marching in the streets in front of Goodell's office.

Franco32Harris
I think the Rooney's would be correct to leave Ben go and I will support the decision if they decide to make it. Ben screwed himself time to live with the consequences. I think most of the Steeler nation no longer cares for Ben's antics. Sure he led them to two superbowls but I think Ben has always considered himself bigger then the team/franchise/legacy of the Steelers, I will be disappointed to see him go but I think it is the right thing to do.

truesteelerfan
Maddox and Kordell and O'Donnell and Tomzack

Oh what fun awaits.

Don't forget:

Brister
Graham
Blackledge
Malone
Bono
Woodley
Campbell

All QB's we have had since Bradshaw since we had a winner like Ben.

DO NOT TRADE the best qb we've had in a quarter century, they obviously don't come around very often....Once in a generation.

Prok
04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm 42 and life long Steelers fan.

I probably won't turn my Steelers card in over that trade but I damn sure would be VERY disappointed with Art II.

It just sets a BAD example that we can basically throw away players and choose not to help them improve on mistakes IMO.

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree with this also i think its all a PR move to say we really thought about getting rid of him but couldnt get equal value. Just so fans can go back to saying the steelers dont put up with nonsense, so the franchise saves some face and ben can go back to winning. I mean really there talking abot us trading for the 8th or 9th pick i just cant believe the rooney's would make that move.

I hope you're right. buddy!

If not, could be a long couple of decades, again.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I hope you're right. buddy!

If not, could be a long couple of decades, again.

LOL Hope I'm right too! :tt03:

zulater
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Associated Press

If he weren't a high profile white player the league would be going after him!! :mad:

Uh what's that? He's actually black. Nevermind. :doh:

Ricco Suavez
I hope Ben is traded, and this has nothing to do with my disgust in his off the field actions. A trade will put a stop to this rift in the Steeler Nation. Ben gets a fresh start with a new team, the Steelers get value in either players or picks. Then we can wait for the next uproar. "the I told you team was more important than one player threads" "the I told you we could not win without Ben threads" "told you Arians could not get it done without Ben threads" and the always popular "what the hell do the Rooneys know thread". My point being we are going to disagree on something we are passion about, such as the Steelers.

SteelKnight
At this point i'd wayyyyyyyyy rather deal with a 4 game suspension than not having Ben on the team at all.

Rooney has to stop this madness.

Yeah...I'm stressed. I will feel lucky if we get to keep Ben...that's more important to me than who we get tomorrow. If a trade comes up, I will panic thinking it is Ben.

My God...this girl better have been hot with DDs for all this trouble. lol

NJarhead

And all of the people like this dipshit from Jersey (Who the **** cares about a Jersey Steeler fan anyway) that have their heads so far up the Rooney's ass and want to talk down to people who have a problem with what the Rooney's are doing can kiss my ****ing ass.
Translated:

http://www.health-in-action.org/library/pdf/Shaken%20Baby/Images/Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

:rofl:

Am I that much in your head??? Good. I own your ass. Now get over here so I can pet you like a lap dog.

Want a tissue little doggy?

OneForTheToe
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM

Wow, nice post. You pretty much got everybody

Prediction: I think Ben will be a Steeler longer than you are on this board. And I figure Ben could be traded tomorrow.:coffee:

zulater
Let me say this. Ben is either guilty of criminal conduct, or he's the most poorly advised and represented millionaire on the face of the planet.

steeldawg
i am truly pissed about it, but fine with it. its truly sink or swim time for ben. i truly feel the steelers FO had a big say in how many games he got. i will back up the FO on this one, even though it is extreme.

why is it sink or swim time for ben? trading ben is not punishment for him he will go to another team get a nice contract and start winning again. Trading him would be hurting the team.

JSH6487
Translated:

Am I that much in your head??? Good. I own your ass. Now get over here so I can pet you like a lap dog.

Want a tissue little doggy?

Go watch a Devil's game *****. No such thing as a Jersey Steeler fan. You've probably never even been to Pittsburgh.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM

Prediction: I think Ben will be a Steeler longer than you are on this board. And I figure Ben could be traded tomorrow.:coffee:

Ain't THAT the truth.

truesteelerfan
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Oops...forgot the superstar Jim Miller....another QB who didn't lead us to the promised land Ben has....yet we are considering returning to .500 football

Prok
Don't forget:

Brister
Graham
Blackledge
Malone
Bono
Woodley
Campbell

DO NOT TRADE the best qb we've had in a quarter century, they obviously don't come around very often....Once in a generation.

:tt:

Agreed. You can trade anyone but it's stooooooooooooooopid to trade your franchise QB on a CONTENDING team.

Men of Steel
if that is the case.... So much for rebuilding, gaining depth, on our defense:banging:

but troy would be back on D... all would be well again. :chuckle:

:thumbsup:

zulater
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Getting back on subject. I think the chance Ben plays another down in a Steeler uniform is less than 5%

spyboots
They're putting out feelers to see what they can get. I've heard rumors from other boards Seattle has offered both their first-rounders for this year and 1st rounder for next, which seems like a lot. And also the Cards for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd for this year and 1st for next.

I think that's the only way they'd trade him, but I find the above hard to believe. They're not going to just GIVE him away.

And I agree that he will be booed and it will really affect him.

OneForTheToe
Go watch a Devil's game *****. No such thing as a Jersey Steeler fan. You've probably never even been to Pittsburgh.

You are not going to make friends on this board by putting down Steelers' fans from cities other than Pittsburgh. There are a great deal of them around here, including one with the power to ban.

SteelPride1207
04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
The Rooney's are brilliant IF they are taking these steps to SCARE THE HELL out of Ben in order to keep him clean for the rest of his career.

If the Rooney's are actually seeking to trade him...they the biggest hypocrites and idiots in all of football.

steelreserve
About the only scenario in which the Steelers would have acquire the #1 pick that makes sense would be if they had a deal in place to trade down from that first pick with a team that wanted Bradford.

Or ...

Step 1: Trade for #1 overall pick and some other crap
Step 2: Draft Nakamakakamakamadafdafas Suh with #1 pick
Step 3: Trade existing #18 pick, plus other crap, to Raiders or Bills for their #1 pick
Step 4: Draft Jimmy Clausen
Step 5: profit

OK, so that's a little more far-fetched, but since we have like 50 draft picks this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move up to get someone we wanted, especially if we were in some crazy shitstorm scenario like this in the first place.

NJarhead

Says the chick who lied about season tickets. :rolleyes:

There are photo's of me (on this very forum) at the AFCCG as well as a few others. I have family there and if you're such the big Steeler fan how come you don't know about the following and the fact that there are SEVERAL great Steelers bars here in NJ as well as all over the country?? Hmmm?

I'll tell you why, because you are an insignificant, attention-whoring, whiny little ignoramus who knows jack squat.

So, when you leaving little doggy?

fansince'76

Until he starts racking up the W's.

Prok
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Getting back on subject. I think the chance Ben plays another down in a Steeler uniform is less than 5%

Hate to say it but once word gets out like this the FO pretty much let the world know he's a goner.

JSH6487
The Rooney's are brilliant IF they are taking these steps to SCARE THE HELL out of Ben in order to keep him clean for the rest of his career.

If the Rooney's are actually seeking to trade him...they the biggest hypocrites and idiots in all of football.

I'd say biggest hypocrites and idiots in all of sports period.

NJarhead

Disagree Zu. I think 5% represents the chances he plays for any other.

Steel_Bus_24
why is it sink or swim time for ben? trading ben is not punishment for him he will go to another team get a nice contract and start winning again. Trading him would be hurting the team.

yep i fail to see how he will be "destroyed" by that.....our team on the other hand could flounder around for a decade

Men of Steel
Back to three yards and a cloud of dust. Then playoffs against the best defenses in the league. Then AFC championship games where we need a QB to provide something to get us over the edge. And the realization that we are back to that era know as YBBAB. (years between Ben and Bradshaw) Close but no cigar.

i hated those days....... :crying02:

steeldawg
Ben is too much of a coward to speak up. That's why his last two press conferences had to be hand written for him because he has no talent in communication in real life situations. If someone was accusing me of assault, you better guarendamnttee I would be speaking up. But then again, I wouldn't bang a hotel clerk in my hotel room or some skank in a bar bathroom. Never trust a female when it comes to sexual activity unless she is your wife. Girls interpret things in their own planet in their heads. Especially ones you don't know. Then again, for all we know, Ben could be into freaking disgusting crap. I don't know.

Ya great idea hes already suspended for 6 games which will cost him millions and if he does speak out against the league they can tack on more games. I cant believe he hasnt explored this option already. what the hell would speaking up do?

Franco32Harris
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm 42 and life long Steelers fan.

I probably won't turn my Steelers card in over that trade but I damn sure would be VERY disappointed with Art II.

It just sets a BAD example that we can basically throw away players and choose not to help them improve on mistakes IMO.

Has Ben ever stopped making mistakes, once this passes there will be more drama to come.

Ben will really have to clean up his act to prove me wrong.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd say biggest hypocrites and idiots in all of sports period.

How much longer do we need to listen to (read) this crap?

MACH1
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
O'Donnell was a journeyman QB who played like a journeyman QB in SB XXX.

Still better than what they had before him for many years. :flap:

JeffersonStreetGhost
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
This is a lock: Ruplestiltskinberger to Oakland. It's a marriage made in hell. Al Davis (as bride or groom, or both) and Big Ben (as bride or groom, or both). Both bonded partners are clearly "committed to excellence." And what a coed-rich environment! There's JFK Univ., Cal College of the Arts, Laney College, Mills, Ex'pression for the Digital (you betcha 'digital') Arts, Patten U., Merritt U., Cal College, Lincoln U., Holy Names, UC Berkeley, Stanford, USF, Cal State E. Bay, Chabot College, UC Hastings, Berkeley City College, Bulges Cheer Leader Academy, and more and more and more. Ben will get to read comics during the day, then stay up late at night and go trollin'. No more shots and an IC for our boy; he'll do Merlot and Oly and wear garlands of garlick and wolfbane, maybe open an RV park on Alcatraz Is.

OAKLAND WILL LUV HIM!

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
How much longer do we need to listen to (read) this crap?

Yet we keep reading, and responding.. what does that say about us???

LOL!!
:tt04: Go Steelers :tt04:

JSH6487
Says the chick who lied about season tickets. :rolleyes:

There are photo's of me (on this very forum) at the AFCCG as well as a few others. I have family there and if you're such the big Steeler fan how come you don't know about the following and the fact that there are SEVERAL great Steelers bars here in NJ as well as all over the country?? Hmmm?

I'll tell you why, because you are an insignificant, attention-whoring, whiny little ignoramus who knows jack squat.

So, when you leaving little doggy?

Didn't say anything about all over the country...I said Scum Bag USA Jersey. Why the hell would I step foot in that shithole to know about Jersey Steeler bars?

And I know you're jealous about me having season tickets...but listen man, people who actually, ya know, live in Pittsburgh...sometimes have tickets to the Steelers. It's not as odd as someone from Jersey who isn't a douche bag idiot.

steeldawg

What kind of person forces a young girl so drunk because Ben was giving underage girls shots, so she can't stand or walk by herself, to have sex with him in a bar bathroom? No girl in that state can consciously "consent" to have sex with a 6'5" 280+ lb guy. And when she said no, how would she have stopped him? No one wants or deserves that. Seems like Ben could use a strong re-introduction to some Christian values.

The reports (which are online) say that girl has decided to not to pursue the charge not because they aren't true, but because of the media attention and the disruption to her life. The media literally patrolled Milledgeville looking for her & camped out near her sorority house (yes, we witnessed this with our own eyes). She has now quit school & is getting counseling to try to get her life back together. She has our deepest sympathy & we wish her the best.

This man is an embarrassment to Pittsburgh and as parents with daughters of our own, we need to run him out of town on a rail.

troll my qustion to you is why cant 20 year women say no to shots? i mean really he bought her shots thats why she is wasted no she is wasted because she picked up the glass put it to her lips and drank it. im sure it was the first time she had alcohol.

steelreserve

I can see why you think that trade might not be smart ... but why would they be hypocrites? I mean, did the Rooneys take advantage of a falling-down drunk chick in a bar bathroom themselves or something?

Seems more like that would make the Rooneys even more consistent about not putting up with any more bullshit this offseason.

fansince'76
Still better than what they had before him for many years. :flap:

Yeah, he didn't outright suck. Wasn't that good, either.

OX1947
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the Steelers and Commish know something about the Georgia thing that we don't know. Something more detailed. Regardless though, I believe the reason Art and the Steelers are stick of Ben is because of his bullcrap stubbornness. First with with bike and not wearing a helmet, then the Nevada thing, then the Georgia thing. His decision making is the issue here. He is stupid. Cowher told him, Bradshaw told him, and I'm sure ownership told him about riding bikes, and he didn't listen. He gets into a bad situation in Nevada, comes back says sorry, and then does some other dumb thing to get himself in trouble in the same way. There is only so much they can take. He has become a distraction and a malcontent in the sense that he is bringing a mockery to everyone around him.

Not to pile on Ben either, I think this whole justice system in this country is a (bleep) joke. We have one lady deciding 14 years later to say someone raped her, but no criminal charges. then we have another girl, who wasn't penetrated, but she was raped or assaulted or whatever political correctness bullcrap they call it now. What happened to when you got assaulted, you gathered proof and then go to court. Now, its, lets smear someone, put out bullcrap stories until something sticks, and then lets not do anything, but lets go to civil court so we can get money. And where the hell is this girls father, any of them? If someone hurt my girl like this, I would unleash fury like never seen before. Freakin joke..

johnswahoo
04-21-2010, 06:30 PM
My thing is that usually when the "rumors" start getting this hot and heavy (especially concerning the Steelers), by respected NFL sources such as Shefter? There HAS to be some sort of smoke to this fire IMO.

And at this point if you're Ben? keep in mind these things are being reported nationally. You pretty much see writing on the wall and question Rooney's loyalty?

Hell it wouldn't surprise me to see a block-buster deal done by tomorrow...

Don't be surprised if the Steelers don't deal Ben to the Raiders for a Swap of 1st, a s2nd & 3rd and next years 2nd or third round pick.....3 for 1 and moving up for this years draft....I don't think we are going to get a 1st back in return.
What it might get us is Eric Berry or Anthony Davis in the first, & Tate in the 2nd

steelreserve
Didn't say anything about all over the country...I said Scum Bag USA Jersey. Why the hell would I step foot in that shithole to know about Jersey Steeler bars?

And I know you're jealous about me having season tickets...but listen man, people who actually, ya know, live in Pittsburgh...sometimes have tickets to the Steelers. It's not as odd as someone from Jersey who isn't a douche bag idiot.

Hmm ... I wonder if this qualifies as "country bashing?" I'm still waiting for someone to get kicked off because of that.

I mean, New Jersey is kind of like a different country. At least South Jersey, anyway.

Prok
Has Ben ever stopped making mistakes, once this passes there will be more drama to come.

Ben will really have to clean up his act to prove me wrong.

I choose the side that he gave us a TON of great memories. And I want those great memories to continue to grow along with Ben becoming a better person.

43Hitman
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
So who do we take say if we get the Raider's #8 overall?

zulater
Disagree Zu. I think 5% represents the chances he plays for any other.

I think we've gone past the tipping point with Ben.I just don't know how you publicly dangle a player of that stature and then decide, ah never mind... later? I don't think they'll even get their price, but will still trade him for trinkets and beads just to get him out of there.

But here's hoping you're right and I'm wrong. :drink:

43Hitman
Hmm ... I wonder if this qualifies as "country bashing?" I'm still waiting for someone to get kicked off because of that.

I mean, New Jersey is kind of like a different country. At least South Jersey, anyway.

JSH6487
I can see why you think that trade might not be smart ... but why would they be hypocrites? I mean, did the Rooneys take advantage of a falling-down drunk chick in a bar bathroom themselves or something?

Seems more like that would make the Rooneys even more consistent about not putting up with any more bullshit this offseason.

Is James Harrison still on the team? That's what I thought. He was actually arrested for slapping around the mother of his child. Harrison even admitted he did this. Ben on the other hand has only been accused and not arrested or charged in either case.

How hard is this for people to understand that the Rooney's are hypocrites?

OX1947
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Ya great idea hes already suspended for 6 games which will cost him millions and if he does speak out against the league they can tack on more games. I cant believe he hasnt explored this option already. what the hell would speaking up do?

I meant speaking up as in, just him. Not reading 3X5 cards from his lawyer.

43Hitman
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Or the Jags' number 10?

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:33 PM

As I said, you don't have season tickets. You know it; I know it.

I seriously doubt you've ever even been to Heinz Field, but that's neither here nor there.

This "douche bag idiot" from New Jersey is a Steelers fan, unlike your local self who boasts of leaving over one player. You're no fan. You know nothing about being a fan.

Anyone who bashes a front office with 6 championship trophies in it, is no fan in my opinion. Sure, you can disagree, but I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing.

But again, you strike me as a know nothing tard who just wants to whine her little sand filled ass off. Go ahead, be a Raiders fan then. But the fact remains: I AM a Steelers fan, and you are not.

Now, run along little doggy.

steelerohio
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I ams hocked that it's six games... but hopefull he could do what he needs to do to get it reduced to four.

Trading him will just hurt the team on the field while benefitting another team. I thought he would be given one more chance before he get shipped off elsewhere?

Prok
I think we've gone past the tipping point with Ben.I just don't know how you publicly dangle a player of that stature and then decide ah never mind later? I don't think they'll even get their price, but will still trade him for trinkets and beads just to get him out of there.

I agree Zu and i'm praying we're both wrong.

NJarhead

You'll get no argument from me there. :chuckle:

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-21-2010, 06:35 PM

I seriously doubt you've ever even been to Heinz Field, but that's neither here nor there.

This "douche bag idiot" from New Jersey is a Steelers fan, unlike your local self who boasts of leaving over one player. You're no fan. You know nothing about being a fan.

Anyone who bashes a front office with 6 championship trophies in it, is no fan in my opinion. Sure, you can disagree, but I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing.

But again, you strike me as a know nothing tard who just wants to whine her little sand filled ass off. Go ahead, be a Raiders fan then. But the fact remains: I AM a Steelers fan, and you are not.

WELL SAID WARDEN!!

JCPsteelers
Bouchette was just on ESPN Sportscenter and he said the Steelers aren't actively seeking to trade Big Ben. Other teams are kicking the tires though to see what it would take, but Ed thinks the Steelers are just doing this to scare Ben that he could be traded and he believes nothing will happen..

Take that for whatever that is worth..

NJarhead
I think we've gone past the tipping point with Ben.I just don't know how you publicly dangle a player of that stature and then decide, ah never mind... later? I don't think they'll even get their price, but will still trade him for trinkets and beads just to get him out of there.

:drink:

steeldawg
I meant speaking up as in, just him. Not reading 3X5 cards from his lawyer.

those were not from his lawyers they were from the team and if he was forced to apologize for something he didnt do could be a reason it didnt seem genuine

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM

Anyone who criticizes a dumb move by ownership is no fan, and someone who's eyes are closed the **** shut with their head so far up the Rooney's ass where they can do no wrong is a fan. Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. You are the biggest Steeler fan in the world.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
No, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No...
Just my thoughts on trading Ben

NJarhead
Is James Harrison still on the team? That's what I thought. He was actually arrested for slapping around the mother of his child. Harrison even admitted he did this. Ben on the other hand has only been accused and not arrested or charged in either case.

How hard is this for people to understand that the Rooney's are hypocrites?

Fine, they are 6 trophy owning hypocrites. Why are you still here? :noidea:

jjpro11
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
our offense would shit the bed if Ben gets traded. that's really all there is to it.

you've got Mendenhall who is good, no fullback, a below average oline, an aging Hines Ward, young Mike Wallace, ARE, and then whatever other WR wins the job in camp. of course we have Miller, but he will become nothing more than a traditional Steelers TE and stay in to block for the rest of his career. that nice contract we gave him will become a big waste.

43Hitman
I know you are, but what am I?

Steel_Bus_24
glad to see wilbon sticking up for Ben

Jackson and Young on the other hand can just STFU.....they're doing the exact same thing every other hater is, which is reading a few statements in a police report and accepting them as fact

Fact is Ben has never been what the media wants its golden boys to be on the field, and they got ticked off at him for having success playing like he does so early and what appears to them "easily".....Like hes cheating or something because he doesn't do it their way..........................

so any opening they get to drive him out, they've tried to exploit

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone who criticizes a dumb move by ownership is no fan, and someone who's eyes are closed the **** shut with their head so far up the Rooney's ass where they can do no wrong is a fan. Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. You are the biggest Steeler fan in the world.

I'm stealing someone else's response to another post of yours:

"Yea, because that's exactly what I said." :coffee:

JCPsteelers
I have come to the conclusion that the Steelers and Commish know something about the Georgia thing that we don't know. ..

The 532 pages of testimony is on the smoking gun website..

JSH6487
Go tell Raider fans that they aren't true fans for not supporting every move Al Davis makes.

zulater
No, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No...
Just my thoughts on trading Ben

ditto. :chuckle:

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Go tell Raider fans that they aren't true fans for not supporting every move Al Davis makes.

Well, since you're heading that way anyway, why don't you tell them. I'm staying here. Oh and Rooney's > Al Davis. A Steelers Fan would know that.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-21-2010, 06:40 PM
You have to wonder: would this be Al Davis' ultimate revenge for the Immaculate Reception?

steelerohio
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I think yes trade him because he is an embarrassment to the Steelers...

Then I think no don't trade him, he is too good of a QB with a huge desire to win...

and then I repeat...

JCPsteelers
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM

Those police reports also say that Big Ben had unprotected sex with her (accuser's story along with her friend) yet the rape kit found no traceable DNA on her.. So let me ask you, exactly how did Big Ben pull that off?

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I think yes trade him because he is an embarrassment to the Steelers...

Then I think no don't trade him, he is too good of a QB with a huge desire to win...

and then I repeat...

That was me last week. Now I'm solid on keeping him.

pancake
04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't know. Seems like a lot of the "without Ben" arguments are more of the mentality of taking away his production and replacing it with Kordell Stewart, or with nothing at all -- not with another GOOD QB who will probably throw for 3,000+ yards and be somewhat competent at running the offense.

We're absolutely NOT going to just trade Ben and throw in a rookie or a journeyman and hope for the best. Yes -- that means that if we trade him, I DO NOT think our plan is to have Leftwich or Dixon as the starter for this season. We won't do it unless we have a decent replacement, and I think we're smart enough to realize that the '80s and '90s pattern is not going to fly.

Does it help to have a top-five QB? Absolutely. Do we need one to be competitive? Not really. We'd certainly take a hit in performance, but again, looking at 2008, there are probably 15 or so QBs that could have done WELL ENOUGH to get us to the Super Bowl if they played mistake-free and the rest of the team stayed intact. I don't see any reason why that's changed.

I respect your points, but even though Ben didn't have a big year in 2008, he was great when we needed him to be. He is a difference maker. "Do we need a top 5 QB to be competitive? No, I agree with you there, but I don't want the Steelers to be competitive, I want to be Super Bowl champs and I don't think we can without him.

Mags87
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
They're putting out feelers to see what they can get. I've heard rumors from other boards Seattle has offered both their first-rounders for this year and 1st rounder for next, which seems like a lot. And also the Cards for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd for this year and 1st for next.

I think that's the only way they'd trade him, but I find the above hard to believe. They're not going to just GIVE him away.

i believe that he will receive a mixed reaction from the fans when he takes the field again, i know damn well that i will be wearing my #7 jersey and cheering him on from my front room. 6 games is overkill for not being charged :mad:

OX1947
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Those police reports also say that Big Ben had unprotected sex with her (accuser's story along with her friend) yet the rape kit found no traceable DNA on her.. So let me ask you, exactly how did Big Ben pull that off?

Because he didn't rape either one of them. That's the whole point. Everything here stinks.

Prok
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
That was me last week. Now I'm solid on keeping him.

I think most all of us that haven't yet will settle down and realize that keeping him is our best option.

I hope and pray that Rooney doesn't choose to trade our best QB since the freaking 70's.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 06:47 PM

That ben is tricky :chuckle:

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I respect your points, but even though Ben didn't have a big year in 2008, he was great when we needed him to be. He is a difference maker. "Do we need a top 5 QB to be competitive? No, I agree with you there, but I don't want the Steelers to be competitive, I want to be Super Bowl champs and I don't think we can without him.

You reminded me of another thing: With the defense struggling last year, Ben and the offense really learned how to take control of games.

As I said, I don't see him going anywhere. But if he does, I'd imagine we'd be setting ourselves up for the future anyway.

Either way, it's not the end of the world.

SteelerEmpire
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Man... this was almost worse case senario.... I knew they were gonna screw him though...

Gnutella
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Apparently Ben's as much of a magician off the field as he is on the field. He can rape a woman and leave less than one billionth of a gram of DNA in her. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Apparently Ben's as much of a magician off the field as he is on the field. He can rape a woman and leave less than one billionth of a gram of DNA in her. :rolleyes:

"That's because he wore a rubber" - another recent gem offered up by a member of the pitchfork-and-torch-wielding crowd. Ya see, Ben is a conscientious rapist - wouldn't want to get the victim knocked up, after all. :coffee:

KeiselPower99
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Scheffter is reporting that this 7 teams were called and LaConFora says the Raiders are the only one in talks. Ed Bouchette says the Steelers havent called anyone. Believe what you want right now. I believe Ben is guilty of being stupid and bad judgement only. He dosent deserve to be traded.

SteelerEmpire
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't know what you guys think but right now... the Steelers suck...!!

Gnutella
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I've been sold on keeping him since I read the report that the D.A. prepared.*

(* - above and beyond what TMZ spoon-fed its mouth-breathing audience.)

Prok
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't know what you guys think but right now... the Steelers suck...!!

AGREED. It's just that none of us can agree on which way they suck ? lol

They'll suck hard a few years if they trade Ben imo.

Shoes
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM

:toofunny::toofunny:

pete74
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
its kinda funny how i said something weeks ago about the possibility of ben being traded and everyone told me how stupied i was and how little i must know about the steelers because they would never even consider that. looks like everyone is eating there words now.

hopefully we wont trade him but there definatly going to if someone offers them two 1st round picks

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
If you really read the entire investigation there are alot of problems with girls stories. Whats bad for ben is the girls statements are right on the first couplr pages and the media cant seem to get past those.

Prok
Scheffter is reporting that this 7 teams were called and LaConFora says the Raiders are the only one in talks. Ed Bouchette says the Steelers havent called anyone. Believe what you want right now. I believe Ben is guilty of being stupid and bad judgement only. He dosent deserve to be traded.

whitt
Hey bros,

West coast Raider fan here. The rumormill in our neck of the woods is that the Raiders are offering Aso and our #8 pick for Ben and your 1st round pick with half of the Raider fans screaming for Al Davis to do it and half of the fans screaming for Al to run away. It`s definately been a wild day for all. Good luck to you all!

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
i think we need a pat on the back smiley or this should do:cookie:

steelerchad
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Nice first post. So I guess you were there since you know exactly what happened. Because young girls have never been known to lie or stretch the truth, especially when intoxicated. Do I think Ben did something wrong? Yes, I probably do. But I don't know for sure and I don't think he commited a rape. But, I wasn't there. So I don't know for sure. I'm sure the girl is trying to get her life back together and quit school. More than likely, because of the media than a rape that happened in a bar bathroom.

SteelPride1207
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey bros,

West coast Raider fan here. The rumormill in our neck of the woods is that the Raiders are offering Aso and our #8 pick for Ben and your 1st round pick with half of the Raider fans screaming for Al Davis to do it and half of the fans screaming for Al to run away. It`s definately been a wild day for all. Good luck to you all!

Wow...a two time Superbowl winning QB in his prime for an terrific player and a possible 1st Round bust. Yeah...great deal...! :doh:

Prok
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Wow...a two time Superbowl winning QB in his prime for an terrific player and a possible 1st Round bust. Yeah...great deal...! :doh:

not to mention the fans want OUR first round pick as well ?? Hahahaaa

whitt
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM

I hear ya but some are thinking Ben is just one more mistake away from a 1 year or more suspension judging how harsh the NFL is getting.

SteveS
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I have already made it clear of my displeasure of our FO trading away Ben at all.

The idea that they would give up Ben AND this years 1st round pick (#18) in a trade would seal the deal completely that our FO is GARBAGE! Doing that would be more IDIOTIC than any boneheaded move Al Davis ever even had a wet dream about!

whitt
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I`ll add that although I`m a Raider fan, my oldest son (18) is a die hard Steeler fan........I don`t remember dropping him on his head as a baby tho... ;)

Stone
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Big Ben pays for wrong-headed decisions
Jason Whitlock

Listening to the naive and dishonest media discussion about the latest sexual assault allegation leveled at Ben Roethlisberger, you'd think Usher (and maybe Rick Pitino) was the only other American who wants to make "love in this club."

No wonder NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had such a difficult time ruling on how long to suspend the Pittsburgh quarterback. On Wednesday, Goodell banned Roethlisberger for six games.

It's a fair suspension. Unfortunately, PacBen's transgressions have never been put in proper perspective for the public.

Tiger Woods life coach Herm Edwards declared that Big Ben's "moral compass" is out of whack. Moralizing, shallow newspaper and Internet columnists blasted the 28-year-old Roethlisberger for fishing in a college bar with the oldest lure in the book (alcohol).

And race-baiting simpletons wanted to keep a racial scorecard on how Goodell and the Steelers handled PacBen as opposed to Pacman Jones and kicked-to-the-curb Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes.

A lifetime ban for Big Ben wouldn't have cleaned up the stench of Donte Stallworth's DUI manslaughter, Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennel, Plaxico Burress' gun conviction, Rae Carruth's baby-mama murder, Pacman's strip-club wilding ... should I carry on?

Now that we know the penalty, let's discuss PacBen in something resembling proper context. There is no doubt Roethlisberger is an idiot worthy of suspension. What I've yet to hear or read is a fair justification for why he deserved punishment.

When the Georgia police released the details of the notes it took during its investigation of Roethlisberger, the media cherry-picked and repeated the alleged "eyewitness" accounts as though they were as unimpeachable as a video replay.

According to the "witnesses," Roethlisberger's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, blocked the entrance into the bathroom and Roethlisberger approached the accuser with his penis exposed.

Once these accounts were introduced as "evidence" into the court of public opinion, broadcasters and pundits had all the ammo they needed to convict Ben as "disgusting" and call for Goodell to take swift and hard action.

It was completely irresponsible. Statements made by drunken sorority girls are not facts. Statements made by sober sorority girls about an evening spent bar-hopping and drinking are not facts.

Late last week I received an e-mail from a former sorority president and current advisor to a sorority. She warned me that the media were being foolish for believing the allegations of drunken 20-somethings. She explained what she'd witnessed firsthand as a student and what she now deals with as an advisor.

Some young women use alcohol as an excuse to be sexually aggressive at fraternity houses and nightclubs and then quickly concoct a story of sexual assault when confronted by their disapproving peers. Most of these allegations never make it to police headquarters. The allegations are too sketchy and the accuser's immediate jury of peers reject them.

"I don't believe a bunch of hammered sorority girls in this situation," the former sorority president wrote. "I've seen too much bad behavior amongst them. It's all about having fun and then making sure you're not held accountable and your reputation is still good."

Big Ben's accuser was allegedly wearing a name tag that read DTF -- "down to f---." She engaged in a lewd and highly flirtatious conversation with Roethlisberger.

It's 2010 not 1910. Women vote, drive cars and knock boots at their own discretion. The popular R&B singer Usher makes songs targeted at women. His 2008 smash hit "Love in this Club" was most popular with women. Getting busy in the bathroom or getting a special "bottle service" at a VIP table are nowhere near as rare as joining the "mile high club."

If you read the police accounts, the accuser's sorority sisters drove this case. If Ben's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, you could make the argument that her sorority sisters dragged her to the police.

Her initial story to the police was weak at best and made absolutely no sense at worst.

The case was so flimsy that Big Ben was never even arrested. Once she sobered up, the accuser didn't even cooperate with the police.

Let me repeat: PacBen is a freaking idiot who deserved to be suspended. Off the field, he thinks with the wrong head. In pursuit of a wham-bam, he's twice -- that we know of -- placed himself in a vulnerable position.

But the ugly truth is Ben isn't all that different from a lot of guys and girls who use alcohol as their aphrodisiac of choice. Any woman who has belonged to a prominent sorority has heard the lecture about safety rules to follow when entering a male fraternity house for a mixer/party.

"Don't drink the punch. It might be laced with a roofie."

"Don't go anywhere in the house alone."

The rules are reminders that no matter how nice the guy might sound there's a damn good chance he's looking for one-night-stand sex or trying to set up a train. Some of the women are looking for the exact same thing.

So why did Ben deserve suspension?

As Terry Bradshaw eloquently and appropriately explained, Ben doesn't know who he is and what position he holds. He's a millionaire franchise quarterback, an ambassador for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh.

He's not Usher, a rock-star sex symbol. NFL players, particularly high-profile quarterbacks, don't get to make "love in this club." That kind of behavior is way too high risk for someone under Ben's spotlight.

PacBen is no different from Pacman. They run with dumb posses. I don't know Goodell's reasoning for the length of Ben's suspension. But the commissioner should've hammered Ben for his "security" staff. Allegedly, Ben's bodyguards kept the bathroom safe from intruders while Ben attempted to or did make "love in this club."

Think about it. Ben basically hired men to hand him KY Jelly and condoms and stand guard while he had public sex. His instructions should've been this:

"Guys, if I get liquored up tonight and try to bang one of these girls, tackle me, drag me to the car, take me to my hotel, guard the door and make sure no one gets into the room with me while I'm drunk."

The accuser's sorority sisters were smarter and more mature than Ben's "bodyguards."

That should've served as the basis of Goodell's suspension.

We don't have a clue about whether the alleged bathroom sex between two drunken idiots was consensual. And we have even less knowledge about how Ben's "moral compass" compares to Herm's, Ben's peers, Goodell's or the broadcasters/pundits morally hyperventilating because Ben likes pretty young thangs.

What we know is Ben is clueless about how he should conduct himself given his position of responsibility.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I have already made it clear of my displeasure of our FO trading away Ben at all.

The idea that they would give up Ben AND this years 1st round pick (#18) in a trade would seal the deal completely that our FO is GARBAGE! Doing that would be more IDIOTIC than any boneheaded move Al Davis ever even had a wet dream about!

Hey none of that...no criticizing the Rooney's at all on this board. They are gods. TheWarDen will tell you to leave the forum and that you aren't a real fan.

zulater
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13264089/reports-roethlisberger-to-be-suspended-46-games?tag=globalNav.nfl;cover

NEW YORK -- The NFL cracked down on one of its stars Wednesday, suspending Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for not just a few games but the first six of the season, even though he avoided sexual assault charges in Georgia.

The two-time Super Bowl winner was banned without pay for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and was ordered to undergo a "comprehensive behavioral evaluation by professionals."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub last month.

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you," Goodell said in his letter to the six-year veteran.

"My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans." Goodell said team offseason activities were off limits to the quarterback until he completes the evaluation and is cleared by the league to rejoin the Steelers.

"Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare," Goodell wrote.

Trade rumors immediately swirled, and while the Steelers declined to address the speculation, they were privately weighing whether they should consider dealing their franchise quarterback for a Top 10 draft pick if one were offered.

Sitting out all six games would cost Roethlisberger an estimated $2.8 million, though the penalty could be shortened to four games for good behavior.

Roethlisberger is the first player suspended by Goodell under the conduct policy who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime.

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a woman who accused him of raping her at a Lake Tahoe hotel-casino in 2008. He denied the allegation and wasn't charged.

"In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people," Goodell wrote. "I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track."

Goodell said the league's conduct policy gave him the right to impose discipline regardless of whether Roethlisberger broke the law.

Before acting, Goodell said he interviewed Roethlisberger on April 13 and talked to current and former players and the players' union. He also reviewed information from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police and talked privately with Georgia district attorney Fred Bright. In addition, Goodell said he listened to recommendations from the quarterback's representatives, and took into account information learned by the NFL office regarding the alleged assault.

The Steelers said Roethlisberger was unavailable for comment. His agent, Ryan Tollner, said he planned to respond later.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey none of that...no criticizing the Rooney's at all on this board. They are gods. TheWarDen will tell you to leave the forum and that you aren't a real fan.

No, not him; just you. I want you to keep your promise to leave. Is that too much to ask? You don't like it here anyway.

Vincent
04-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I hear ya but some are thinking Ben is just one more mistake away from a 1 year or more suspension judging how harsh the NFL is getting.

Yeahbit the raiders are stupid. Y'all gave up the freekin number one pick for Mrs Russell's baby boy jamarcus. We should get much better value than that.

We want Aso AND robert gallery. :rofl: To protect our QB. :sofunny: :toofunny: :flap:

I`ll add that although I`m a Raider fan, my oldest son (18) is a die hard Steeler fan........I don`t remember dropping him on his head as a baby tho... ;)

Yer kid's OK whitt!:drink:

OneForTheToe
Hey bros,

I'm not for trading Ben, but if we did it I think it would have to be ASO, your # 8 pick, keep our first round pick (or get yours next season) plus probably a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. I know that may seen steep to you, but he is a top five QB with bling, bling. Honestly, I think that might be a bit light, but I will always support the team.

fansince'76
PacBen is no different from Pacman.

Really? NO different? Did someone wind up in a wheelchair for life in Milledgeville on the night of March 5 that I'm unaware of?

steelreserve
04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey bros,

Hmm ... do the Raiders' first-round picks still turn out to be busts if another team uses them? Or does the curse go away when they trade them?

I'm hoping it's the first one, so that the Patriots can get stuck with a $50 million stink bomb next season.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Nah, I think I'll stay. As a Steeler fan I have the right to badmouth the Rooney's all I want. Not gonna have some douche bag from Jersey who's never been to Pittsburgh tell me to leave a Steeler forum.

I also think I'll hang onto my season tickets and shout obscenities about the Rooney's at every game too.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Big Ben pays for wrong-headed decisions
Jason Whitlock

Listening to the naive and dishonest media discussion about the latest sexual assault allegation leveled at Ben Roethlisberger, you'd think Usher (and maybe Rick Pitino) was the only other American who wants to make "love in this club."

No wonder NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had such a difficult time ruling on how long to suspend the Pittsburgh quarterback. On Wednesday, Goodell banned Roethlisberger for six games.

It's a fair suspension. Unfortunately, PacBen's transgressions have never been put in proper perspective for the public.

Tiger Woods life coach Herm Edwards declared that Big Ben's "moral compass" is out of whack. Moralizing, shallow newspaper and Internet columnists blasted the 28-year-old Roethlisberger for fishing in a college bar with the oldest lure in the book (alcohol).

And race-baiting simpletons wanted to keep a racial scorecard on how Goodell and the Steelers handled PacBen as opposed to Pacman Jones and kicked-to-the-curb Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes.

A lifetime ban for Big Ben wouldn't have cleaned up the stench of Donte Stallworth's DUI manslaughter, Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennel, Plaxico Burress' gun conviction, Rae Carruth's baby-mama murder, Pacman's strip-club wilding ... should I carry on?

Now that we know the penalty, let's discuss PacBen in something resembling proper context. There is no doubt Roethlisberger is an idiot worthy of suspension. What I've yet to hear or read is a fair justification for why he deserved punishment.

When the Georgia police released the details of the notes it took during its investigation of Roethlisberger, the media cherry-picked and repeated the alleged "eyewitness" accounts as though they were as unimpeachable as a video replay.

According to the "witnesses," Roethlisberger's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, blocked the entrance into the bathroom and Roethlisberger approached the accuser with his penis exposed.

Once these accounts were introduced as "evidence" into the court of public opinion, broadcasters and pundits had all the ammo they needed to convict Ben as "disgusting" and call for Goodell to take swift and hard action.

It was completely irresponsible. Statements made by drunken sorority girls are not facts. Statements made by sober sorority girls about an evening spent bar-hopping and drinking are not facts.

Late last week I received an e-mail from a former sorority president and current advisor to a sorority. She warned me that the media were being foolish for believing the allegations of drunken 20-somethings. She explained what she'd witnessed firsthand as a student and what she now deals with as an advisor.

Some young women use alcohol as an excuse to be sexually aggressive at fraternity houses and nightclubs and then quickly concoct a story of sexual assault when confronted by their disapproving peers. Most of these allegations never make it to police headquarters. The allegations are too sketchy and the accuser's immediate jury of peers reject them.

"I don't believe a bunch of hammered sorority girls in this situation," the former sorority president wrote. "I've seen too much bad behavior amongst them. It's all about having fun and then making sure you're not held accountable and your reputation is still good."

Big Ben's accuser was allegedly wearing a name tag that read DTF -- "down to f---." She engaged in a lewd and highly flirtatious conversation with Roethlisberger.

It's 2010 not 1910. Women vote, drive cars and knock boots at their own discretion. The popular R&B singer Usher makes songs targeted at women. His 2008 smash hit "Love in this Club" was most popular with women. Getting busy in the bathroom or getting a special "bottle service" at a VIP table are nowhere near as rare as joining the "mile high club."

If you read the police accounts, the accuser's sorority sisters drove this case. If Ben's bodyguards dragged the accuser to the bathroom, you could make the argument that her sorority sisters dragged her to the police.

Her initial story to the police was weak at best and made absolutely no sense at worst.

The case was so flimsy that Big Ben was never even arrested. Once she sobered up, the accuser didn't even cooperate with the police.

Let me repeat: PacBen is a freaking idiot who deserved to be suspended. Off the field, he thinks with the wrong head. In pursuit of a wham-bam, he's twice -- that we know of -- placed himself in a vulnerable position.

But the ugly truth is Ben isn't all that different from a lot of guys and girls who use alcohol as their aphrodisiac of choice. Any woman who has belonged to a prominent sorority has heard the lecture about safety rules to follow when entering a male fraternity house for a mixer/party.

"Don't drink the punch. It might be laced with a roofie."

"Don't go anywhere in the house alone."

The rules are reminders that no matter how nice the guy might sound there's a damn good chance he's looking for one-night-stand sex or trying to set up a train. Some of the women are looking for the exact same thing.

So why did Ben deserve suspension?

As Terry Bradshaw eloquently and appropriately explained, Ben doesn't know who he is and what position he holds. He's a millionaire franchise quarterback, an ambassador for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh.

He's not Usher, a rock-star sex symbol. NFL players, particularly high-profile quarterbacks, don't get to make "love in this club." That kind of behavior is way too high risk for someone under Ben's spotlight.

PacBen is no different from Pacman. They run with dumb posses. I don't know Goodell's reasoning for the length of Ben's suspension. But the commissioner should've hammered Ben for his "security" staff. Allegedly, Ben's bodyguards kept the bathroom safe from intruders while Ben attempted to or did make "love in this club."

Think about it. Ben basically hired men to hand him KY Jelly and condoms and stand guard while he had public sex. His instructions should've been this:

"Guys, if I get liquored up tonight and try to bang one of these girls, tackle me, drag me to the car, take me to my hotel, guard the door and make sure no one gets into the room with me while I'm drunk."

The accuser's sorority sisters were smarter and more mature than Ben's "bodyguards."

That should've served as the basis of Goodell's suspension.

We don't have a clue about whether the alleged bathroom sex between two drunken idiots was consensual. And we have even less knowledge about how Ben's "moral compass" compares to Herm's, Ben's peers, Goodell's or the broadcasters/pundits morally hyperventilating because Ben likes pretty young thangs.

What we know is Ben is clueless about how he should conduct himself given his position of responsibility.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

not bad whitlock i like how you point out the cherry picking media

Prok
04-21-2010, 07:30 PM
I hope Ben is able to hold a PC and air his side out. I fear the Rooney's won't let him as a Steeler and he'll have to do it as another team's franchise QB..

zulater
04-21-2010, 07:32 PM
If you really read the entire investigation there are alot of problems with girls stories. Whats bad for ben is the girls statements are right on the first couplr pages and the media cant seem to get past those.

So true.

Ben needs to get his side of the story out there like yesterday! It seems as if his representation's attitude it to just sit tight and let the story blow over. Well I got news for them, it's not, it keeps getting worse and worse every day for Ben. Change strategy! Whoever's advising Ben to stay silent is screwing up his life royally. I know Ben's not a great public speaker, but I don't care. Rehearse him, whatever. Right now over 90% of the general public thinks he's guilty of rape but got away with it. If he's innocent nothing that he says can now can worsen his public image!

SteveS
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM

VegasStlrFan
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
So isn't it a bit puzzling, the entire NFL knows Ben's on the trading block and no one wants him, Lions, Rams, Browns, or any of the celler dwellers.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 07:35 PM
So true.

Ben needs to get his side of the story out there like yesterday! It seems as if his representation's attitude it to just sit tight and let the story blow over. Well I got news for them, it's not, it keeps getting worse and worse every day for Ben. Change strategy! Whoever's advising Ben to stay silent is screwing up his life royally. I know Ben's not a great public speaker, but I don't care. Rehearse him, whatever. Right now over 90% of the general public thinks he's guilty of rape but got away with it. If he's innocent nothing that he says can now can worsen his public image!

unfortunately i dont think the league or the rooneys are going to let him speak

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Nah, I think I'll stay. As a Steeler fan I have the right to badmouth the Rooney's all I want. Not gonna have some douche bag from Jersey who's never been to Pittsburgh tell me to leave a Steeler forum.

I also think I'll hang onto my season tickets and shout obscenities about the Rooney's at every game too.

Yea, you do that. Maybe we can work out a trade: $2,000 Monopoly Dollars for a couple fictitious game tickets. :sofunny:

Never said you didn't have the right, but I question your judgment on a few counts:

A). They have more than proven they know how to run a football team.

B). You honestly think he's going to be traded. I don't mean "there's a possibility," but you think it;s a foregone conclusion.

C). Ben gets none of the blame for any of this crap, but the Rooney's do?

Listen carefully: "YOU ARE AN IDIOT." Fans like you are an embarrassment to the rest of us who DO pay to go to games and stand behind the actual team and who see the larger overall picture.

I also never said you had to leave, you preached to anyone who would listen that "IF BEN GOES, I GO" did you not? Well? Didn't you?

****ing Drama-queen.

Shoes
04-21-2010, 07:38 PM
So true.

Ben is going to fall in line with the will of the Rooneys and the NFL, if he does that, it will probably be 4 game out instead of 6.

Prok
04-21-2010, 07:39 PM

I feel the same. As much as we may want him to speak, the Rooney's want nothing more than for this to go away. And I hope they don't make the QB go away to get it done.

zulater
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM

I'd tell 'em to pound sand then!

Ben certainly should comply with the initial stipulations set forth by the league. Go for his evaluation, see where that takes him etc...

But assuming he's innocent of criminal conduct, which I think a thorough evaluation of the GBI report makes clear, then he has a right to defend himsef against a growing public perception that he got away with rape, which intended or not the Steelers and league's actions most certainly further fuel.

WH
04-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Sidney Crosby took the title of ''Ambassador of Pittsburgh'' about 3 years ago.

OneForTheToe
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
So isn't it a bit puzzling, the entire NFL knows Ben's on the trading block and no one wants him, Lions, Rams, Browns, or any of the celler dwellers.

It's not that they don't want them, it's probably that the Steelers are asking the sun, moon and the stars" for him.

SteelerEmpire
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I would hope that he (Ben) does'nt contest it... its like the NFL is already out to get him and I would'ent want them to start saying he's a 'trouble maker' on top of the s**t he's already in... Its sad but true....

Prok
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
So far the post gazette's poll has 61% of fans wanting Ben traded....

http://postgazette.com/polls/Default.asp

SteelerEmpire
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
If I was a player in the NFL I would be scared to death to just drink a beer as long as Goodell is in power... Man, I would hate working in an environment like that... they would HAVE to pay me millions to do that...

pete74
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
if they offered bradford and another 1st round pick ben would be gone. the steelers would take that offer and run

sharkweek
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Seems like Ben could use a strong re-introduction to some Christian values.

yeah, trading kinky sex with girls for sex with boys would at least net him the Pope as an ally

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 07:50 PM
So far the post gazette's poll has 61% of fans wanting Ben traded....

http://postgazette.com/polls/Default.asp

Poll I looked at said 28%

61% were satisfied with what he got and that said nothing about a trade.

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 07:57 PM
yeah, trading kinky sex with girls for sex with boys would at least net him the Pope as an ally

:toofunny:

BlastFurnace
04-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Thank you.

The same people who want him gone will be the same one's complaining on September 12th against the Falcons when we only score 6 points.

Slanted August
04-21-2010, 07:59 PM

Sharkweak,

you are such a bad a$$. awesome statement. who is better than you with your tough talk.

VegasStlrFan
04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I am amazed by the number of people on this board that seem to have blind faith behind Ben. You have the right to your opinion of course, but if this was a Bengal (pick one), Raven (Ray Lewis), Cowboy (Newton, Irvin,etc..) or a player from some other team your opinions would be drastically different (obviously).

Bottom line is, AGAIN Ben has put another season in jeopardy because of his irresponsible actions (1st motorcycle accident no helmet and his questionable decisions with women).

Crow-Magnon
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I for one do not want to see Ben traded. Although he has had the Ravens number quite a few times in the past several years, he's a tough mofo. And I like playing against tough mofos.

But Jesus! Wise up, dude! Stay away from skanks and cheap bars!

sharkweek
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
A preferred QB + another 1st round pick would definitely be enticing, problem is that I don't think many teams will want to do it considering the baggage.

If anything I think that might be exactly what the Steelers are "shopping" around right now, as they know teams will likely reject the offer but they want to send a message that no player is immune. They already axed Holmes and they're showing they would do the same for Ben. I just think (and hope) its a bluff.

I think the media has spun this whole situation way out of proportion to cause all this mess. If it was some no name player having kinky sex with strangers it wouldn't make a local newspaper blurb.

Heck, for all we know these girls were trying to get something in return because of how famous Ben is, his mistake was hooking up with a stranger in a strange place after already being in the public's eye for a previous such occurrence.

Shoes
Are you guys talking about this one?

http://postgazette.com/polls/Default.asp?pollID=3593

Crow-Magnon
That's simple human nature there, my friend.

pittguy578
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree. I would sue if I were Ben. He needs to clear his name in this matter and the only way to do that is to seek an injunction.

I have a lot of questions regarding this situation and it doesn't pass the smell test.

Here are the questions I have

1.Why was she hanging around his entourage if he was hitting on her all night and saying "bad things" to her?
2. Why would someone who wasn't looking to hook up wear a DTF button to a bar ?
3. If she didn't consent to it, how did the pants come off? Is she claiming Ben ripped her pants off and forced himself on her? Or did she get naked, get on top of him, and maybe so no after they started having sex?
4, How can you trust the testimony of someone that was that intoxicated? And don't give me the BS about how Ben was a predator-Both of them were drunk and had clouded decision making ability. This wasn't a situation where a sober guy was taking advantage of a drunk girl. Both of them are adults and are responsible for their actions.

Regardless, it is not fair. Ben was never convicted and we still d

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Yea, you do that. Maybe we can work out a trade: $2,000 Monopoly Dollars for a couple fictitious game tickets. :sofunny:

Never said you didn't have the right, but I question your judgment on a few counts:

A). They have more than proven they know how to run a football team.

B). You honestly think he's going to be traded. I don't mean "there's a possibility," but you think it;s a foregone conclusion.

C). Ben gets none of the blame for any of this crap, but the Rooney's do?

Listen carefully: "YOU ARE AN IDIOT." Fans like you are an embarrassment to the rest of us who DO pay to go to games and stand behind the actual team and who see the larger overall picture.

I also never said you had to leave, you preached to anyone who would listen that "IF BEN GOES, I GO" did you not? Well? Didn't you?

****ing Drama-queen.

Alright first let me put this out there. Never have I said on this board that Ben has done no wrong. No I don't think he raped her or committed any crime, but I do think he's dumb for putting himself in that situation given his stature and the previous accusation. As a person, I think he's a ****y, creepy, pig headed, POS typical professional athlete who thinks he's better than everyone. I've also got some dirt on Ben that no one here knows, which is 100% fact and I've actually witnessed it. It would probably bring everyone's opinion of him down even farther.

But to me, all of this stuff has nothing to do with what he does on the football field and that is all I care about. And I have a real problem with any so called fan who wants him gone based on accusations. I also have a real problem with how the Rooney's handled the matter. Rather than standing behind Ben, like the Lakers did with Kobe (who was actually arrested and charged), the Rooney's did not have Ben's back, teamed up with Goodell to come up with a suspension, and are now shopping their 2 time SB winning QB around the league. They are real hypocrites to a lot of people because of what they did, or shall I say the lack of what they did with previous players.

And don't know why I am even bothering with this...but yes, I do have season tickets. No I did not purchase the PSL...the tickets were my grandfather's who have been passed down to my father. They are his tickets and I go to every game with him.

VegasStlrFan
04-21-2010, 08:06 PM
That's simple human nature there, my friend.

well, these guys are great football players, doesn't mean they are great people....no matter what color jersey they wear.

GBMelBlount
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Thank you.

The same people who want him gone will be the same one's complaining on September 12th against the Falcons when we only score 6 points.

I think we'd be good 7 to 10 points myself.

Just sayin.

Fire Haley
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
It also shows that Goodell has no nuts and was pressured into this suspension because of all of the cries of racism if Ben wasn't punished while tons of black players have been in the past.

And you damn well better believe if Ben was black there would be absolutely no thought of a suspension based on only accusations. To suspend a black player that has the stature of Ben 6 games WITHOUT pay because of accusations where he wasn't charged? The NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would be marching in the streets in front of Goodell's office.

Ben is the blackest white player we have - that should count for something.

CargoJon
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
This is all just making me sick.

How long did we have to put up with "almost" and "just about" and just plain mediocre prior to when Ben got here. Now we're talking about starting over again.

Blech.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I am amazed by the number of people on this board that seem to have blind faith behind Ben. You have the right to your opinion of course, but if this was a Bengal (pick one), Raven (Ray Lewis), Cowboy (Newton, Irvin,etc..) or a player from some other team your opinions would be drastically different (obviously).

Bottom line is, AGAIN Ben has put another season in jeopardy because of his irresponsible actions (1st motorcycle accident no helmet and his questionable decisions with women).

What blind faith? he wasnt chaged with anything that i can see.

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 08:12 PM

How long did we have to put up with "almost" and "just about" and just plain mediocre prior to when Ben got here. Now we're talking about starting over again.

Blech.

i think things will die down after the draft, unless of course the rooneys ge tcrazy and trade ben and then tere will be one hell of a fire storm on this site.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
well, these guys are great football players, doesn't mean they are great people....no matter what color jersey they wear.

Exactly the point...no one is sticking up for Ben the person, we are sticking up for Ben the football player. I could careless about ANY player's morals if they are producing on the field.

welder4pit
04-21-2010, 08:13 PM
:applaudit::applaudit:To turn around now and start looking to trade him is a mistake, I know the Rooney's take their organization's reputation very seriously, but someone should have taken Ben by the scruff of the neck after the motorcycle accident, sat him down and explained to him his responsibilities to the image of the team and then given him some type of consequence after the FIRST allegation.

Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino already did this publicly after the motorcycle accident-- they talked to Ben about how he has a responsibility to the Roonies, his fans, and his investors to be ready to go every offseason.

TO those folks who think trading Big Ben would be a mistake-- I assume you live by the mentality that "winning is everything", no matter the costs.

Myself, I would rather cheer for a classy franchise that won't win another ring for 20 years than to cheer for a sexual predator or violent criminal on my team....

If Superbowl rings mean more to you as a fan than it does for your team to have integrity-- I strongly suggest you part ways with the Steeler fanbase and go cheer for a team that better suits your thinking. The Patriots, Cowboys, and Raiders might be more your fit. Well said ,well said

pancake
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Don't forget:

Brister
Graham
Blackledge
Malone
Bono
Woodley
Campbell

Don't forget Cliff Stout... The reason we didn't draft Marino. :puke:

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Alright first let me put this out there. Never have I said on this board that Ben has done no wrong. No I don't think he raped her or committed any crime, but I do think he's dumb for putting himself in that situation given his stature and the previous accusation. As a person, I think he's a ****y, creepy, pig headed, POS typical professional athlete who thinks he's better than everyone. I've also got some dirt on Ben that no one here knows, which is 100% fact and I've actually witnessed it. It would probably bring everyone's opinion of him down even farther.

But to me, all of this stuff has nothing to do with what he does on the football field and that is all I care about. And I have a real problem with any so called fan who wants him gone based on accusations. I also have a real problem with how the Rooney's handled the matter. Rather than standing behind Ben, like the Lakers did with Kobe (who was actually arrested and charged), the Rooney's did not have Ben's back, teamed up with Goodell to come up with a suspension, and are now shopping their 2 time SB winning QB around the league. They are real hypocrites to a lot of people because of what they did, or shall I say the lack of what they did with previous players.

That is the first time you've posted your opinion and not been screaming it at everyone. Much of that made sense. I may not agree with all of it, but at least you explained your position.

The whole thing could be/will be debated for a long time I'm sure. But I wouldn't worry too much about Ben being traded. I seriously doubt it'll happen. But, if it does and you want to be angry at the Rooney's about it, you certainly have that right. Just remember that not everyone will agree that they don't know what they're doing.

Agreeing to disagree is okay too.

Duds
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Not sure if this link has been posted or not, but very interesting take on the matter..

http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

CargoJon
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM

If we'd have had Marino in the 80's / 90's we'd have 10 or 11 rings by now and the Cowboys would have been lucky to get 1 in the 90's. :banging:

pancake
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM

Blech.

:puke: Ok, I feel a little better now... :puke: Well maybe not.

NEPAsteeler
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I think I may stay away from here for awhile if Ben does end up getting traded :chuckle:

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
That is the first time you've posted your opinion and not been screaming it at everyone. Much of that made sense. I may not agree with all of it, but at least you explained your position.

The whole thing could be/will be debated for a long time I'm sure. But I wouldn't worry too much about Ben being traded. I seriously doubt it'll happen. But, if it does and you want to be angry at the Rooney's about it, you certainly have that right. Just remember that not everyone will agree that they don't know what they're doing.

Agreeing to disagree is okay too.

I apologize for getting out of line, but I just didn't like being told to leave for criticizing a team I've supported my whole life and have dedicated a lot of my time and money to. I have every right to criticize a team's decision, and it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I just shouldn't have done it in the way I did with the personal insults and I apologize for that.

We are all fans of the same team and all want what is best for the Steelers, even though a lot of the times we aren't going to agree on it.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM

You DIDN'T have to mention that.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I think I may stay away from here for awhile if Ben does end up getting traded :chuckle:

Yea, I'll go to the Ravens forum for my updates. It'll be safer over there. :chuckle:

HinesTroy
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
What QB would you trade for Ben if you could?

The answer is no one. Ben is the best QB for he Steelers. Without him, we are a 500 team.

He has not been charged, so he should not have received a suspension.

Some Steeler fans forget about the 27 years of mediocrity before Ben led us to 2 SBs.

He is a once in a lifetime QB.

NEPAsteeler
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Yea, I'll go to the Ravens forum for my updates. It'll be safer over there. :chuckle:

Lord help us all :sofunny:

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I apologize for getting out of line, but I just didn't like being told to leave for criticizing a team I've supported my whole life and have dedicated a lot of my time and money to. I have every right to criticize a team's decision, and it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I just shouldn't have done it in the way I did with the personal insults and I apologize for that.

We are all fans of the same team and all want what is best for the Steelers, even though a lot of the times we aren't going to agree on it.

Don't sweat it. It's the internet, and that never helps in a debate. :chuckle:

:drink:

casteeler
04-21-2010, 08:22 PM
The Rooneys do not want Ben, why is everyone putting this "keep BB" in the equation? Time to move on

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
What QB would you trade for Ben if you could?

The answer is no one. Ben is the best QB for he Steelers. Without him, we are a 500 team.

He has not been charged, so he should not have received a suspension.

Some Steeler fans forget about the 27 years of mediocrity before Ben led us to 2 SBs.

He is a once in a lifetime QB.

Exactly what I have been preaching on here for the last week. Good post.

NJarhead
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Lord help us all :sofunny:

What we really should be discussing are those first four games. Though, maybe that can wait until after the draft.

There is no way we're 0-4 when we get Ben back after the bye. If we are then THAT's when I'll really begin to get pissed off.

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 08:25 PM

:doh: that is all

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Not sure if this link has been posted or not, but very interesting take on the matter..

http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

Already been posted, but anyone who hasn't read this yet needs to. Great article.

Merchant
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Interesting read. Just adds to my opinion of a six game suspension being too harsh. Only thing he's "guilty" of is having sex with a drunk chick, and buying drinks for some girls (at a BAR) who he didn't know were underage.

SteelPride1207
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmmm....interesting....a guy goes out with his buddies on his birthday, club hops, drinks, picks up a girl and has sex. DAMN...the guy definately needs jail time, at the very least, a six game suspension.

I am SOOOO glad that us lifelong Steeler fans stay away from alcohol, picking up girls, and having sex. And God knows...none of us ever stepped foot into a college bar, drank with some hot sororiety girl and have it lead directly to sex.

Truth is...Ben R did nothing wrong that night...if you are talking about the STANDARD RITUAL of getting laid in most colleges. His mistake was placing himself as a QB of the Steelers in a position where THIS GARBAGE could happen.

At what point though...does making a bone-headed SOCIALLY & LEGALLY ACCEPTABLE act deserving of being suspended from your job for six games... especially when co-workers like Vick, etc were actually charged with crimes and receive less?

The Rooney's are hypocrites and I don't trust Jolly (In Bob Kraft's backpocket) Roger Goodell.

It's pretty clear the media completely avalanced Ben's (and other supporting testimony) side of the story while HIGHLIGHTING and promoting as FACT the version given by a "habitually drunk sororiety girl open to getting DTF" that night.

The fact that half of Steeler Nation has bought into the media's hype shows extremely poor and unfair judgement. If Ben was guilty of poor judgement that night....Steeler fans calling for his punishment is 10x as guilty of poor judgement now. Maybe those fans should be suspended from all message boards for the next 60 days.

CaliStillersFan
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
If anyone thinks that we are going to get a QB that can stand behind our horrendous offensive line and make it through 16 games is completely insane. Leftwich will be pulled by week 2 when he loses to TB, Batch will be on IR as soon as training camp starts, and Dixon hasn't shown anything except that he run for his life, which might be a good skill standing behind our o-line. They better not trade Ben over this, that's all I'm going to say. I don't want to see us lose our QB over false accusations. On the plus side I'm going to save some money this year, because I am not paying for the NFL Sunday ticket to watch the Steelers start 0-6.

PalmerSteel
04-21-2010, 08:29 PM
i agree, unless an offer we cant refuse comes up, couple 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder, then definately dont trade him. i meant sink or swim for him with the steelers.

CargoJon
04-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Good stuff.

casteeler
If the steelers want rid of BB they need to do something in the next 18 hrs, hate to see ben go but he can't keep away from the limelight( guilty or innocent)

Preacher
i believe that he will receive a mixed reaction from the fans when he takes the field again, i know damn well that i will be wearing my #7 jersey and cheering him on from my front room. 6 games is overkill for not being charged :mad:

why? Goodell wasn't running a jury case. It is his responsibility to protect the image of the sport. Football is already seen, rightly or wrongly (and I say wrongly) as an aggressive, over-indulgent testosterone driven sub-culture.

I think four games is the right amount, and that is all he will sit. The last two games are a warning that Ben had BETTER go to counseling and take it serious.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
Actually, the reason Marino wasn't drafted is because of accusations of off the field issues. Ironic?

RoethlisBURGHer
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Finally. Too bad the media will disregard it.

NEPAsteeler
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
What we really should be discussing are those first four games. Though, maybe that can wait until after the draft.

There is no way we're 0-4 when we get Ben back after the bye. If we are then THAT's when I'll really begin to get pissed off.

I agree. I think we'll be just fine with what we have though.

We will survive this! (atleast I hope so)

PhantomJB93
04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I think people underestimate our Oline, I mean theyre not the greatest unit but they actually did what they needed to for the most part last year, they really stepped it up. The problem is Ben holds on to the ball too long, most of the time from what I could see the Oline gave him MORE than enough time but Ben holds on to the ball too long so he ends up getting sacked...

Don DeVore
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
couple weeks ago i said we should trade Bb to oakland for their 1st rounder and osamwa and was told that was dumb. Now after the suspension who knows what we'll get.

exact quote from last thread is below. How does the deal look now.

Now here me out..
BB to oakland for their 1st round pick and asamwa (not sure if thats how you spell it)

With their pick we take the best tackle available - probably Bulaga
and move willie to right guard
with our pick we take either haden or wilson (the best cb available)

our defensive backfield now consists of osamwa, haden/wilson, taylor (in nickle situations), troy, and clark
making it the best in the league and with the pressure our front 7 gets thats alot of turnovers.
with our 2nd round pick we take bruce campbell. He is a 2 year project with alot of potential and could come in this year in situations like the ravens did last year when they brought in a 5th o-lineman and just pounded the ball.

We now have the best defense, and an improved line that mendy could run for 1200-1400 yards behind.

3rd round we take Teebow if hes there or we take best available d-line
4th best available - maybe a speed back to spell mendy or linebacker

Pittsky
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
i think a lot of the people that haven't been Steelers fans THAT long will not be that critical of trading ben because they don't really understand what it means that the Steelers now have a great QB and how long it's been since they have had one. So it's a lot easier for them to just say get rid of him.

I was born in 83'....so I've only seen the Steelers struggle for a fraction of what most of you have...All I can say is I want what's best for the team. Whatever that entails.

cakmakli
04-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I say we keep him but put him on Double Super Secret Probation.

I'd be willing to bet he's learned his lesson and won't even fart in the wind after this.

VegasStlrFan
04-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Let's be clear, I'm pissed as a lifelong fan that for a 2nd time ben has screwed a season, innocent or guilty.

Prok
I for one do not want to see Ben traded. Although he has had the Ravens number quite a few times in the past several years, he's a tough mofo. And I like playing against tough mofos.

But Jesus! Wise up, dude! Stay away from skanks and cheap bars!

Agreed, raven fan. Most of us realize how valuable Ben is to the team and he's tough against all our rivalries.

RoethlisBURGHer

Bottom line is the fact that the players you named above were actually arrested and charged with crimes. Some plead guilty, some plead no contest, some took plea deals that knocked the charges down.

Ben Roethlisberger has never been arrested. Never been charged.

I don't understand what people don't understand about this simple fact.

CargoJon
04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I think we'd be good 7 to 10 points myself.

Just sayin.

If we hadn't franchised Reed and had to start from scratch with a kicker, I'd be scared we'd get shut out. :doh:

fugawzi
04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Allow me to step in here if I may. I'm not a Steelers fan but I do post here occasionally. I live in PIT and have many Steelers fans as friends. An outside perspective is always good.

I'm glad the OP created this thread and I totally agree with his comments. If I was a Steelers fan I'd have to imagine that I'd be fed up with Ben and the controversies what seems like every offseason. I know I was when it was Ricky Williams on my team making unwanted headlines. I know you guys gotta defend your QB and everything but some of the things I'm reading here are just plain ridiculous.

Racism? Reverse racism? (can someone explain the difference?) This has nothing to do with race. Also has nothing to do with whether or not you are charged with a crime. So Vick got a lighter suspension. There's black players who got longer suspensions, who didn't get charged with an actual crime. Our guy Jason Ferguson just got suspended for 8 games for steroids basically, was never charged with a crime of which I'm aware. I'm not saying it's unfair or complaining about it. I'm just citing an example.

Ben f***ed up! That's it. It's been going on now. He should know better plain and simple. Especially considering he has a past with this very issue. The league has a pretty strict personal conduct code, moral clauses etc. You don't have to necessarily be charged with anything.

One last thing and it's not to be arrogant or act like I know everything. But why are so many surprised by the length of the suspension? I've been telling my Steeler buddies to expect at least 4 games maybe even 8. At least 3 of those guys told me they only thought Ben would get a 2 game suspension. He will most likely be back after 4 anyway.

Edit: I just realized I gotta get rid of this Joey Porter sig...Yuck

Curtain_of_Steel
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Not bad, not great. Tebow won't be there in the 3rd round, he will go late ! or very early 2.

Trade to Oakland for their number 1 and AS... Trade out of 8 to 12 gain another 2. Take Haden, as he will not last. Take Pouncey at 18. Use the the 2 you just acquired and a 5 to move up to take Tebow. With your 2, your take Gerhardt from Stanford. Next pick is a WR.

Ok back to reality, they better not trade Ben.

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Hmmm....interesting....a guy goes out with his buddies on his birthday, club hops, drinks, picks up a girl and has sex. DAMN...the guy definately needs jail time, at the very least, a six game suspension.

I am SOOOO glad that us lifelong Steeler fans stay away from alcohol, picking up girls, and having sex. And God knows...none of us ever stepped foot into a college bar, drank with some hot sororiety girl and have it lead directly to sex.

Truth is...Ben R did nothing wrong that night...if you are talking about the STANDARD RITUAL of getting laid in most colleges. His mistake was placing himself as a QB of the Steelers in a position where THIS GARBAGE could happen.

At what point though...does making a bone-headed SOCIALLY & LEGALLY ACCEPTABLE act deserving of being suspended from your job for six games... especially when co-workers like Vick, etc were actually charged with crimes and receive less?

The Rooney's are hypocrites and I don't trust Jolly (In Bob Kraft's backpocket) Roger Goodell.

It's pretty clear the media completely avalanced Ben's (and other supporting testimony) side of the story while HIGHLIGHTING and promoting as FACT the version given by a "habitually drunk sororiety girl open to getting DTF" that night.

The fact that half of Steeler Nation has bought into the media's hype shows extremely poor and unfair judgement. If Ben was guilty of poor judgement that night....Steeler fans calling for his punishment is 10x as guilty of poor judgement now. Maybe those fans should be suspended from all message boards for the next 60 days.

Awesome post :thumbsup:

SoCalFan
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
:banging:This Ben issue is BS! Why cant a young,single,rich guy go out and get a little tail.Should he live in a dam cave in the offseason?Its Beyond his control that there are money hungry women out there making false accusations after consentual encounters! :banging:HE WAS NOT FOUND GUILTY,LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!!!!!!:banging: