PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

zulater
04-13-2010, 06:45 AM
I know another Ben thread, :doh: but this one comes with a poll! :applaudit:

Honestly though after reading Art Rooney III's reported reaction to Bright's press conference yesterday and then seeing one scathing column after another regarding Ben I'm starting to believe that Ben's time in Pittsburgh is up. And maybe it's for the best. The amount of ill will that he's created around that team is unbelievable and could prove to be insurmountable in the end. So for all parties concerned it might be best to move on and see what you can get back in value for him. If I'm the Steelers and I can get this years second and next years third from Buffalo for Ben do I even hesitate?

Anyway I'm torn and I know the emotion is still so raw that maybe in a month or so public opinion will start to sway back in Ben's favor. But as of today I really don't see how Ben can be viable behind center in Pittsburgh.

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 07:35 AM
He's growing up. 26 and a 100 million dollar star and singal...lol we need to fine him a good woman that will smack him around some and keep him from all this.

Don DeVore
04-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I've posted this before - trade bb to oakland for their 1st 2nd and osumgha

Indo
04-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I went with---"the Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay"

Zu,
I've come to expect more from you...
Get your head STRAIGHT
and put your Game Face on!
:thumbsup:

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 10:01 AM
For as long as Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers, whenever Art Rooney says "jump," Roethlisberger better ask how high.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
For as long as Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers, whenever Art Rooney says "jump," Roethlisberger better ask how high.

This.

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I expect Ben to get his act together and help us win 3 more Lombardis, then he can retire and wait to go to Canton as a Steeler :tt02:

7SteelGal43
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
So last night, or should I say at 2 this morning, I'm watching a replay of the divisional playoff game between the Steelers and Titans from '02. Yeah. We had Maddox at QB.
I think I'll stick with BB :tt03:

PS: watching Foote and Randle El in black and gold.........can't wait to get 'em back !!

Shoes
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Right on!

vasteeler
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
traded:doh: for what ,can some please explain to me what crime he has commited :noidea:

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM
traded:doh: for what ,can some please explain to me what crime he has commited :noidea:

You don't have to commit a crime to embarrass yourself, your family, your team or the city.

truesteelerfan
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Sign him to an extention! The business of football is about winning games. We have our best shot of doing that with him lining up behind center. This is a game played by very confident inviduals who have always received more than their fair share of attention probably at anything they've ever done. Always the best athletes in high school, all kinds of fanfare in college....and now they are the same person...But they're still young guys.....

In the end its about winning....As we all know...people - players and coaches- aren't around long if they don't win.....And IMO Ben is our best chance to do that.....We can't change the man he is perceived to be, but we can hold him accountable for the $102M we paid him and expect to receive the services anticipated when we offered him that contract.

pete74
04-13-2010, 01:29 PM
i said i would trade him for the 1st round pick in next years draft so we can get washingtons qb who looks like the next peyton manning and the entire board flipped on me for even considering it. i would do it in a second though

Krepotkin
04-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I personally would have NO problem trading Ben though. He has already started to show signs that he was a product of the system that was in place before Tomlin took over, and now that the offense is going more pass-first, he hasn't shown an ability to handle himself.

Send him to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson. Take a lineman with the 1st round pick, and trade up to get Tebow in the 2nd round.

Sign Marc Bulger (A hometown boy) and groom Tebow for the future (and hopefully he'll end up being the next Steve Young)

From another thread. Trade him.

solardave
04-13-2010, 03:36 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers' two Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks don't much like each other.

Terry Bradshaw, the Hall of Famer who won four Super Bowl rings while quarterbacking the Steelers, said on Monday that he doesn't think highly of the way Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Super Bowl rings for the Steelers, conducts himself off the field.

Bradshaw spoke on the same day that a Georgia prosecutor announced he would not bring sexual assault charges against Roethlisberger, but Bradshaw says his feelings toward Big Ben go back years and stem in part from Roethlisberger refusing to heed Bradshaw's warnings about the dangers of riding a motorcycle.

"Our relationship is not any good," Bradshaw said of himself and Roethlisberger. "When I told him to park the motorcycle, he got pissed. Alright? Then he had the accident and since then there's you know he doesn't like me and I'm learning not to like him and he wants to break all my records, then I say go for it, break them."

Bradshaw also said that Roethlisberger, who has twice been accused but never been charged with sexual assault, needs to re-think how he presents himself to the public.

"He has got to, in my opinion, he has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem now. Best thing to do is don't ever put yourself in that position again. When you're through playing football, do whatever you want to do, but right now, you know, stay clean."

Roethlisberger is, of course, not guilty of any legal wrongdoing. But from Commissioner Roger Goodell to the Rooney family to Steelers fans, just about everyone agrees with Bradshaw that Roethlisberger isguilty of making a fool of himself off the field.

steelerjim58
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
You don't have to commit a crime to embarrass yourself, your family, your team or the city.

Maybe I'm a little thick in the head, but I can't fathom how anything Ben has done would embarass the team or the city. I don't see how anything he has done reflects poorly on the NFL. You would have to be {imo} extremely narrow minded to think this way. Is there even a small minority out there who would judge a city or a team or an oraganization such as the NFL by the actions of a few players. That is just not rational. IMO.....

Men of Steel
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
"He has got to, in my opinion, he has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem now. Best thing to do is don't ever put yourself in that position again. When you're through playing football, do whatever you want to do, but right now, you know, stay clean."

listen to the man...!!!!

pete74
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe I'm a little thick in the head, but I can't fathom how anything Ben has done would embarass the team or the city. I don't see how anything he has done reflects poorly on the NFL. You would have to be {imo} extremely narrow minded to think this way. Is there even a small minority out there who would judge a city or a team or an oraganization such as the NFL by the actions of a few players. That is just not rational. IMO.....

definatly. the players represent there city just like olympic athletes represent there country

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Bradshaw is still dumb as a box of rocks.

Nobody asked you about your pissing contest with Ben, and it sounds even more childish when blubbering about Ben breaking your records. Sit down clown.

LambertIsGod58
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Bradshaw is right. Anyway you slice it.

LambertIsGod58
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Nobody asked you about your pissing contest with Ben, and it sounds even more childish when blubbering about Ben breaking your records. Sit down clown.

Bradshaw is a hell of a lot smarter than you think. And you call him dumb because.........? I hardly think of Ben as a member of Mensa or a Rhode Scholar.

zulater
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Zu,
Get your head STRAIGHT

Honestly I've been back and forth with this since day one and am still torn. I love Ben the qb, but Ben is a creep off the field, which I can generally handle, as long as I don't think he's a felon.

Regardless, I do think there's a chance Ben could have wrote his ticket out of town. Art II controls the team and if he decides that winning with Ben isn't worth it's conceivable you could see a trade. And thus I wanted to get the general pulse of this board on how they would feel in such an event.

Note the first option, so it's not as though I slanted the table against Ben. :hatsoff:

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Dont trade him i am behind big ben 100% i dont care how bad the media wants to make him look.

Men of Steel
04-13-2010, 04:48 PM

wow... i didnt know a box of rocks could help his team win 4 super bowl rings and set team records. :noidea:

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I have more respect for Kordell in this matter - you don't see him chipping in with his .02 where it don't belong.

"Well if I was the face of the franchise..." huff huff huff

Vincent
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Up until the "revelations" of yesterday, I would agree with that. IMHO, Ben has crossed the threshold of wanting him associated with anything Pittsburgh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5079655

A doctor who examined her at a nearby emergency room found a cut, bruises and vaginal bleeding but could not say if she was raped. And while some DNA was found, there was not enough to determine whom it belonged to, Bright said.

I don't care what "setting" that happened in. Somebody was violated by our franchise QB.

I would trade his ass this afternoon for several reasons. His stock isn't going to get any higher. Teams would line up to get a 2 time SB winner in "his prime". He is damaged goods both to himself and the team.

Call St Louis and trade him for their #1s this year and next. Draft Suh. http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/43405/the-sport-science-o

Bring in Kurt Warner for "a year". Draft (with our #2) and mentor Tebow. With our other #1, draft the best interior OL available. Trade SL's 2011 #1 for a mid to low #1 this year. Draft the BPA corner or Witherspoon.

Everybody is a winner. Except the rapist.

Feel free to launch in 3 - 2 - 1...

Indo
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Honestly I've been back and forth with this since day one and am still torn. I love Ben the qb, but Ben is a creep off the field, which I can generally handle, as long as I don't think he's a felon.

Regardless, I do think there's a chance Ben could have wrote his ticket out of town. Art II controls the team and if he decides that winning with Ben isn't worth it's conceivable you could see a trade. And thus I wanted to get the general pulse of this board on how they would feel in such an event.

Note the first option, so it's not as though I slanted the table against Ben. :hatsoff:

In the Immortal Words of Mary's dad in There's Something About Mary,
"Awwww, I'm just effing with ya!"

Ben needs to grow up
His "Responsibility Gene" needs to kick in
I think he can help this organization get 3 more
(if he can get HIS head straight and put his Game Face on!)

Nevertheless, the Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay

T.Richardson
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
im sorry, but everyone who is saying that the Steelers should trade there franchise player is either mentally ill, or just plain stupid.

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
wow... i didnt know a box of rocks could help his team win 4 super bowl rings and set team records. :noidea:

See? That's exactly WHY he should just keep his mouth shut.

Because everyone will want to hear him bust on Ben.

Kick him while he's down , pile it on....yeah - it's good for a headline on Sportscenter

Men of Steel
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
I have more respect for Kordell in this matter - you don't see him chipping in with his .02 where it don't belong.

thats because kordell doesnt really have anything to say. i mean.. what did he accomplish again?

last i ever heard of him, he was a substitute punter for the ratbirds.. are we talkin about that kordell? :doh:

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
im sorry, but everyone who is saying that the Steelers should trade there franchise player is either mentally ill, or just plain stoopid.

Fixed it for ya. No way does that level of stoopidity deserve the correct spelling. :thumbsup:

pete74
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM
im sorry, but everyone who is saying that the Steelers should trade there franchise player is either mentally ill, or just plain stupid.

it really dosnt matter what any of us think but i can gurentee you the rooneys will not tolerate all this bad coverage so there is definatly a chance he will be traded if the price is right

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
it really dosnt matter what any of us think but i can gurentee you the rooneys will not tolerate all this bad coverage so there is definatly a chance he will be traded if the price is right

Absolutley no chance he is traded. maybe he gets suspended but thats where it will end.

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I want Ben to be a Steeler, but I also want him to get his head outta his butt and act like a grown a** man!! :doh:

Ben's by far the best QB the Steelers have had since TB, but he's going to have to realize that actions have consequences and affect not only himself but others as well. As corny and cliche' as it is, the following statement is true: "No Man is an Island."

Ben is still young, so he has some time to show that he can be a leader-on AND off the field. And I hope and pray he's willing to put the time in to do so.

Burghfan58
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I think old man Rooney needs to dump his job in Ireland. Bring back a big shillelagh and follow Ben around and give him a wack whenever he even thinks of doing something stupid.

M.C. Smith
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Not in a million year... Ben is too good of a quarterback. If the Steelers would end up trading him, the organization would regret the move down the road. The truth of the matter is that when his career is over, Ben Roethlisberger is going to be considered one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

Dodt
04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I think old man Rooney needs to dump his job in Ireland. Bring back a big shillelagh and follow Ben around and give him a wack whenever he even thinks of doing something stupid.
i don't think that would be a good idea ben is prone to concussions.

vasteeler
04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Not in a million year... Ben is too good of a quarterback. If the Steelers would end up trading him, the organization would regret the move down the road. The truth of the matter is that when his career is over, Ben Roethlisberger is going to be considered one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

:iagree:

Prok
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
See? That's exactly WHY he should just keep his mouth shut.

Because everyone will want to hear him bust on Ben.

Kick him while he's down , pile it on....yeah - it's good for a headline on Sportscenter

I got your back Killer. Enough of the piling on already. How about us as a fanbase working towards healing and mending fences and getting back to who we are instead of throwing stones?

PhantomJB93
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Right now? No. If he has any more off-field issues? Yes. I don't count the first assault case (which was fake) but this second one better send him the message to cut it out, and if he's stupid enough to continue with this then he doesn't belong on our team no matter how good of a player he is.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Because Kordell Stewart never was the face of the franchise.

Shoes
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Your elevating Ben above all. I can tell you the Rooneys don't think the same as you on this matter. You can be sure they have already had discussions about trading him. No one knows except the Rooneys.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Your elevating Ben above all. I can tell you the Rooneys don't think the same as you on this matter. You can be sure they have already had discussions about trading him. No one knows except the Rooneys.

Lol thats a contradiction. You can be sure they have talked about trades but no one knows except the rooneys. how can we be sure then?

Prok
04-13-2010, 06:15 PM

I believe if our FO trades Ben they will be snubbing their nose at him. That is NOT what they supposedly stand for. Ben is a human being deserving to overcome mistakes just like the rest of us.

Shoes
04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Lol thats a contradiction. You can be sure they have talked about trades but no one knows except the rooneys. how can we be sure then?

Here I'll make it clear. I believe the Rooneys (Father and Son) have discussed trading Ben.

Shoes
04-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I believe if our FO trades Ben they will be snubbing their nose at him. That is NOT what they supposedly stand for. Ben is a human being deserving to overcome mistakes just like the rest of us.

I believe the FO knows more about Ben the Steelers and football than all of us put together. I'm ok with whatever they decide.

Nadroj 20
04-13-2010, 06:27 PM
The answer to the title of the tread IS............Uh no

zulater
04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
The answer to the title of the tread IS............Uh no

First option on the poll.

:coffee:

Nadroj 20
04-13-2010, 06:49 PM
First option on the poll.

:coffee:

LOL

Thats why i picked that one and i also wanted to let me choice be known.

I apologize almighty thread creator

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Absolutley no chance he is traded. maybe he gets suspended but thats where it will end.

if one more accusation comes up i gurentee you ben is gone

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
holmes is a top WR and we gave him away. he was our leading and best WR. they just dropped him without a thought. if anyone honestly belives they wont drop ben after another accusation they need to wake up. the down fall is one more and his value will be as high as holmes.

steelerdude15
04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
He better stay a Steeler.

jjpro11
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
**** NO

zulater
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
LOL

Thats why i picked that one and i also wanted to let me choice be known.

I apologize almighty thread creator

The whole point of this thread was to gauge the pulse of this board. I keep hearing the local ( Pitsburgh) talking heads telling the national talking heads on ESPN that their callers are lining up about 3-1 against Ben. I just wondered how far that goes.

Judging by the responce here I'm wondering if they're exaggerating? :noidea:

:wink02:

Set-Man
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Why do people think it is so easy to get a franchise qb? If he has one more run in, then trade him.

Godfather
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Zu,
Get your head STRAIGHT

Me too.

There needs to be a script that adds that option to every poll if it's not already there.

86WARD
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Don't be silly...he shouldn't be traded. However, if he gets his dumbass self in trouble again, 2010 will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

zulater
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Don't be silly...he shouldn't be traded. However, if he gets his dumbass self in trouble again, 2010 will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

How can it be a silly question when 25% of respondents, presumably majoritively hard core Steelers fans think he should be dealt? :noidea:

Honestly I'm hoping this all blows over and eventually we can get back to cheering for Big Ben the Steelers qb again and his personal life is never an issue.

But that day just seems like it keeps getting farther and father away rather than closer for some damn reason. :banging:

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
How can it be a silly question when 25% of respondents, presumably majoritively hard core Steelers fans think he should be dealt? :noidea:

Honestly I'm hoping this all blows over and eventually we can get back to cheering for Big Ben the Steelers qb again and his personal life is never an issue.

But that day just seems like it keeps getting farther and father away rather than closer for some damn reason. :banging:

Hey Zul, those in that 25% are "half-empty glass" fans :chuckle:

steelreserve
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
The whole point of this thread was to gauge the pulse of this board. I keep hearing the local ( Pitsburgh) talking heads telling the national talking heads on ESPN that their callers are lining up about 3-1 against Ben. I just wondered how far that goes.

I think the fans who are going to be the most vocal are the ones with something to complain about. The rest who are all over the place with support or more likely neutrality are probably not going to bothered with speaking out as much in public. And probably the nature of what happened has a lot to do with that.

Even if people support Ben from an innocent/guilty/no-suspension perspective or what have you, a lot of them are not going to be as bold about it, because let's face it -- regardless of whether he was charged with anything, he did some pretty stupid shit, and it's pretty difficult to come out loudly in support of him when that's always right beneath the surface.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Bull. Its too bad that this girl cant go to prison for what she has done to Ben. Say all you want about she was drunk... Shes old enough to make those choices to drink (well not really shes only 20) but.... it wasnt rape.... she should be made an example of and be put on the chopping block...

tony hipchest
04-14-2010, 01:05 AM
The league commissioner met with Ben Roethlisberger "behind closed" doors for 2 hours on Tuesday to discuss recent allegations against the 2X SB champion.

"Big Ben" emerged from meeting, in which his lawyers and agent described as productive, with a wink and a smile.

Roger Goodell emergerd with disheveled hair and smeared lipstick and immediately requested a telephone to call local authorities.

A visibly shaken and slightly incoherent Goodell claimed he was raped during the meeting. :noidea:

news to follow....

MACH1
04-14-2010, 01:11 AM
So that wasn't drool on his lower lip.

Galax Steeler
04-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Did he call authorities and go to the hospital.:noidea:

zulater
04-14-2010, 05:55 AM
:rofl:

Good one Tony. :toofunny:

Kaeg
04-14-2010, 07:10 AM
:rofl::chuckle:

BigBen'sSwagger
04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
I think somebody has some splainin' to do.

LOL GOOD ONE TONY!!!

pete74
04-14-2010, 07:55 AM
had to show that to my coworkers. You had us all cracking the he'll up

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
The league commissioner met with Ben Roethlisberger "behind closed" doors for 2 hours on Tuesday to discuss recent allegations against the 2X SB champion.

"Big Ben" emerged from meeting, in which his lawyers and agent described as productive, with a wink and a smile.

Roger Goodell emergerd with disheveled hair and smeared lipstick and immediately requested a telephone to call local authorities.

A visibly shaken and slightly incoherent Goodell claimed he was raped during the meeting. :noidea:

news to follow....

I love your humor! :thumbsup: :toofunny:

Godfather
04-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Goodell's a lying ****. Everyone knows about his meetings with Tom Brady under the bleachers.

solardave
04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Bradshaw is right. Anyway you slice it.

I agree he's right but he had a rep as being an A-hole when he was playing. I'm just sayin'. I like TB and never met him or had to ask for an autograph. It's just what I've heard and how for a long time he refused to come back to the Burgh. He changed his attitude and hopefully BB will too.

solardave
04-14-2010, 09:16 AM

news to follow....

OMG This one might STICK!!! That's too funny Tony.:thumbsup:

Men of Steel
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
:applaudit::sofunny::chuckle::rofl::toofunny:

Nadroj 20
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM

:wink02:

I understand the purpose I was letting you know my view point even though i did not go into much detail.

Nadroj 20
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
:rofl: thats great!!!!!!

:applaudit:

Keep us posted tony :thumbsup:

zulater
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM

news to follow....

Tony you should submit that to the Onion or Sports Pickle before someone beats you to the punch. :chuckle:

BigBen'sSwagger
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Tony you should submit that to the Onion or Sports Pickle before someone beats you to the punch. :chuckle:

I was thinking the same thing or you could also submit to the post gazette. Not sure if they would appreciate it like we all do.

This is Classic!!!

BigBen'sSwagger
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Can I nominate this for post of the year???

SteelGhost
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Damn gold digger :rofl:

Thanks for the laugh Tone :applaudit:

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 11:33 AM
There's more...

He suspended Ben for all 16 games, AND rewarded the Patriots with an additional 5 compensatory draft picks, all in the 2-4th rounds.

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
That was good. :toofunny:

atlsteelers
04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Steelers are working out sam bradford....

just kidding but it would not suprise me...

smokin3000gt
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Although have no doubt Roger blows the meat whistle on regular basis, I don't think it's Ben's. DNA testing will confirm the spackle on his upper lip is a 7 point match to tom brady.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Last I checked, the ownership of the Steelers doesn't operate like the ownership of the Cleveland Browns. They don't have knee-jerk reactions to the media and the fans. They know what is best for their team better than Mr. Sportswriter or Joe Fan.

Art and Dan Rooney both knew that the media would be piling on after the announcement that Ben was going to not be charged with sexual assault in Georgia. It's what the media does. It's how the hacks in Pittsburgh get people to actually read what they write. Today the media doesn't report the news as much as create the news.

Ben has never been criminally charged with anything. Poor judgment isn't illegal, and plenty of Steelers have been found guilty of being jackasses. Plenty of Steelers in the past I am sure have been complete pricks like it has been reported Ben Roethlisberger is....and that's not illegal either.

Also, I must note that the "victim" in the Georgia ordeal isn't exactly a beacon of responsibility and honesty herself. She was drinking at bars with a fake ID. You only need a fake ID if you're not old enough to consume alcohol. So she lied to Ben Roethlisberger about her age, along with the bartenders at every bar she drank at that night. She could have gotten every bartender that served her drinks fired and in legal trouble for providing alcohol to someone under age. I know in Ohio that's a large fine and possible jail time....I would assume that it's about the same in Georgia.

The Steelers will punish Ben Roethlisberger in some way. He will be fined and/or suspended. If some type of transgression were to happen again, he would be gone. I doubt he would be traded because I don't think anyone would give up a seventh round pick for him then.

The Steelers went how many years between Super Bowl wins because they didn't have that elite quarterback? The Rooneys know that. They aren't going to just jettison him off when he hasn't been criminally charged with anything.

He is on a short leash in Pittsburgh however. His time with the team could come to and end. But at this moment, no I don't see the Steelers even entertaining the thought of traded Ben Roethlisberger.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Zulater, you can't go by a pole on this board to be honest. How many new posters have joined this board as of late just to bash Ben? This board is littered with trolls at the moment.

And as for the media, today's media I liken to the tabloids more than actual media. These guys have to say something outlandish to get people to listen to their shows and/or read their articles. Of course they are going to say that the fans are 3-1 for trading Roethlisberger, that's going to get people to tune in.

Prok
04-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I was against the Holmes trade for the same reason i'm against a Ben trade.

These players are HUMAN BEINGS capable of mistakes just like the rest of us.

By trading them in the name of the "Steeler way" we are saying flat out "we are better than you. You are not worthy of being in our company."

We are no better than anybody else imo. These human beings are capable of righting their wrongs.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I was against the Holmes trade for the same reason i'm against a Ben trade.

These players are HUMAN BEINGS capable of mistakes just like the rest of us.

By trading them in the name of the "Steeler way" we are saying flat out "we are better than you. You are not worthy of being in our company."

We are no better than anybody else imo. These human beings are capable of righting their wrongs.

The Holmes trade had to do with drugs man. It had to do with the fact that he did something that got him put into the substance abuse program. It had to do with the fact that he promised Mike Tomlin and Dan Rooney that he would stay away from marijuana and not miss or fail a drug test after his 2008 incident. He failed to keep that promise and the Steelers had no choice but to trade him or cut him.

kirklandrules
04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I've heard Goodell has a tattoo on his lower back that says "Put it right here Tom" with bullseye rings spreading out from the brown eye.

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Goodell's a lying ****. Everyone knows about his meetings with Tom Brady under the bleachers.

With Robert Kraft calling the action: can you imagine this senario?

Brady: "What now Mr. Kraft?"

Kraft: "What do you think I want? I want passion here!"

Brady: "So you want me to blitz into his end zone with a rapid fire assault?'

Kraft: "Exactly! I want you punish him and score as many times as you can!"

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm gonna wait until he is officially charged before I pass judgement. After all, its just a case of He said, He said and we know Ben has gotten off of these kinds of allegations before.

Not even this one will stick to "Teflon Ben"

mulldog24
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
CLASSIC!!!!!!!:toofunny::rofl:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Source: Steelers would explore trade for Roethlisberger
By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers have had no dialogue with other teams about dealing embattled quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but have had significant internal discussions about the matter, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

According to the source, ownership remains dismayed and embarrassed by Roethlisberger's actions in a Georgia college town this offseason and find his string of other offseason incidents troubling. The team has been monitoring the public backlash against Roethlisberger closely.

"The Rooneys are livid," the source said.

Steelers President Art Rooney, II will meet with the media Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET to discuss the Roethlisberger situation, but is not expected to make an announcement regarding and sort of suspension or Punishment for Roethlisberger.

Pittsburgh's front office has talked internally about possible trade scenarios that could be feasible and what makes sense for them moving forward, and, according to a source, if other teams called about Roethlisberger they would listen intently.

The Steelers could envision several trade scenarios but are skeptical about other teams taking on Roethlisberger, given his baggage. However, they also realize his contract is very tradeable in an uncapped year, with the bonuses already paid and Roethlisberger signed for six more years at a very manageable salary for a franchise quarterback ($8.05 million in 2010; $11.6 million per year from 2011-2014, and $12.1 million in 2015).

In particular, the Steelers are enamored with likely first-overall pick Sam Bradford. They view him as essentially a sure-thing franchise quarterback and have considered what it would take to move up to the first overall pick in a trade with the Rams, according to a source. They know executing such a move would be highly difficult and figure the Rams have limited interest in Roethlisberger.

Team officials are not worried about how Roethlisberger's return will impact the locker room or how teammates will handle it. The Rooneys' concern is born of the history and prestige of their franchise, the recent fan backlash and public perception about Roethlisberger and their belief that no player is bigger than the team.

However, the source noted that this is not "a Santonio Holmes situation," alluding to Pittsburgh dumping the talented but troubled receiver for a fifth-round pick over the weekend as he faced a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

"This is not a case of having to get rid of this guy,'" the source said. "There would have to be fair value."

Roethlisberger, selected 11th overall in 2004, has performed at an elite level for the Steelers. He is among the winngest quarterbacks ever for his age and already possesses two Super Bowl rings. His size, improvisational skills, and ability to escape the rush and deliver the ball to all parts of the field make him among the very best in the league.

Should Roethlisberger have another off-field misstep, however, his Steelers career would likely be over, according to team and league sources. And, if a legitimate trade scenario materialized, that end could come much sooner.

Teams that are not committed long-term to a starting quarterback include: Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, St. Louis, San Francisco, Denver, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona. The Steelers refused to entertain dealing Holmes within the division and that would apply with Roethlisberger as well. A trade would likely have to involve a quarterback or put the Steelers in position to draft one they like (Pittsburgh is high on its young back-up, Dennis Dixon, however).

Finding the right deal is remote, they know, but not necessarily impossible
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
This is starting to not look so good for Ben. If we do trade him, we better get really good value.

drizze99
04-15-2010, 01:01 PM
This honestly does not surprise me knowing how the Rooney's are....

bozz723
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
They can all go to hell. Seriously. I'm done being a fan if they trade him for their image. **** them.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks sir for posting that. But I can't believe all this Hype over Bradford. The guy is going to be a BIG Disappointment. He is super skinny, and he has no true fundamentals. And he has been very shakey when teams have gotten pressure on him. I don't want Ben dealt at all..Period! But to have all this crude come out I do believe only places other teams in the drivers seat as to low-balling the Steelers. I mean if the Rooney's think there is alot of " Negative " backlash regarding Ben right now. Just wait til the TRUE Steeler fans and Ben supporters hear that Ben was dealt away, and for basically nothing. THEN the Rooney's will hear it.

steelpride12
04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
They can all go to hell. Seriously. I'm done being a fan if they trade him for their image. **** them.

Wow I hope this is a joke. Seriously though I don't see the Steelers trading him. I know the Rooney's and yes they would do this, they don't play around, but I think Ben is just getting a suspension for now, but Ben will be on one short leash and when he is told to do something he will answer because this is his LAST chance.

fat4jc
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :tt02: Were you this pissy in the 80's?

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Cya. :wave: The fact of the matter is, is that no one player is bigger than the team. Anyone who has been a fan of the Steelers for more than 10 years, know damn well that the Rooney's do NOT tolerate stupidity. Besides, the team is a business and bad publicity is not good for jersey sales and overall revenue. Let me ask you this. If you owned a business and had an employee that is out making poor decisions and making your business look like trash, would you keep them?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM

I feel the complete opposite. If I ever thought that the Steelers would place one player as more important than the team...I would be extremely dissapointed. I dont want them to trade Ben, but I would rather see him go then for the Steelers to compromise what they have always stood for.

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I feel the complete opposite. If I ever thought that the Steelers would place one player as more important than the team...I would be extremely dissapointed. I dont want them to trade Ben, but I would rather see him go then for the Steelers to compromise what they have always stood for.

Exactly my sentiments. :drink:

Sharkissle29
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Isnt this part of the reason WHY we are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers?

ADIOS :cya:

revefsreleets
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Bradford would retire after two years as Steelers starter...his skinny ass would never hold up to the amount of sacks he'd take.

I still think this is bullshit, though...if it's legit, it's a leak to let Ben know they basically are disgusted with him right now, and that he'd damned well better be way down the road to recovery....

4xSBChamps
04-15-2010, 01:17 PM

"... now-boarding, on Track #7...

destinations include Philthadelphia... New York... Washington... Miami... Cincinnati... Oakland, and other cities with no-class...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/Pennsylvania%20Railroad/K4S3750M1a6755.jpg

... ALL-ABOARD!!!"

mopit55
if ben is trade it will be hard to find a quaterback with the same level.i dont want a big trade for bradford i prefer dixon.
it will be very hard to see big ben with an another team with holmes play for jets.

SteelGhost
IF this will come true and they go after Bradford, I HOPE he is not the next Ryan Leaf ... or worse .... :shake01:

I don't like BB out of Pittsburgh, but I will respect The Rooneys decision, they know better.

fat4jc
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
it's a leak to let Ben know they basically are disgusted with him right now, and that he'd damned well better be way down the road to recovery....

I hope you're right. I was kinda thinking the same thing, it being a strong message that they ain't messing around.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Cya. :wave: The fact of the matter is, is that no one player is bigger than the team. Anyone who has been a fan of the Steelers for more than 10 years, know damn well that the Rooney's do NOT tolerate stupidity. Besides, the team is a business and bad publicity is not good for jersey sales and overall revenue. Let me ask you this. If you owned a business and had an employee that is out making poor decisions and making your business look like trash, would you keep them?

Sir I'm sorry but, can you please tell me what Infraction BEN is responsible for ? I mean okay, he did admit to some sort of consensual act in Georgia, and that could have been a Indicent Exposure charge. But is THAT worth sacraficing your Hall of fame to be QB ? Especially when you tolerated James Harrison's Incident. And what about former OL Marvel Smith. He not only had 2 Marijuna Incidents while in college. But he got busted with it again in what...2002 while with us....And did we Cut/trade him ? And while we are talking " Morals " and what not. I seem to remember a National story that said Cowher cheated on his wife, and for a while he was living out of his house. Now, they eventually got through it. But what kind of message does that send to all those " Hard-Working " everyday " Family Men in Da Burgh ?
I mean why didn't Rooney throw Cowher out on the curb ?

You see, I agree that NO one player is above the team you root for. But, No one " Owner " is as well. And you can't get rid of Ben, and preach " Morals " about him when NO CRIME was ever commited. And then turn a Blind Eye to all the others on the team who have broken the Moral conduct code,,and still are Steeler players.

I won't never stop rooting for the Steelers. But if Art Rooney shows this kind of Hypocritic nature with Ben, mthen I WILL never root again for the Rooney's.

bozz723
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :tt02: Were you this pissy in the 80's?

Wasn't really a fan till about 92 but, probably. It's hard to believe people would support a trade of Ben for being a single man. It really is unfathomable, and the Rooney's and their "class" can't understand that. Let's just not even run a football team, let's run an institution for perfect behaving gentleman. He's single and high profile. his only crime is being an idiot doing what he did. It really is such a joke people are crucifying him. This attitude the Steelers have really is detrimental to the franchise.

Forget about the fact that at least 50% of the NFL act like Ben, with guys like Hines Ward acting the same way while married, but that's okay.

steelreserve
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
IF this will come true and they go after Bradford, I HOPE he is not the next Ryan Leaf ... or worse .... :shake01:

Don't worry, Bradford won't be the next Ryan Leaf. He'll have a career-ending shoulder injury way before that could happen. I still can't believe anyone is seriously considering using the #1 draft pick on a guy that has that hanging over him and still isn't all the way back from the last surgery. He has Chad Pennington written all over him -- at best.

Shoes
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Probably wasn't born yet...:chuckle:

Avoid Lloyd95
04-15-2010, 01:22 PM
This is getting out of control....

How many men on this board have hooked up (or at least attempted to hook up and failed) with a younger women in a bar when they were single and in their 20's?????

The only difference is most of us didn't have access to body guards and VIP rooms.

I'm not condoning what he did, but only two people know what happened in that bathroom. He was stupid, and he needs to start living his life understanding who he is, but the Steelers will not trade a young franchise QB because two women are pursuing civil suits against him and some prosecutor made a campaign speech a couple of days ago...

mopit55
04-15-2010, 01:23 PM
i prefer tebow than bradford.he is physical the same than big ben at the beginning and we can draft him in the second round or with a little trade.

steelreserve
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
This is getting out of control....

How many men on this board have hooked up (or at least attempted to hook up and failed) with a younger women in a bar when they were single and in their 20's?????

The only difference is most of us didn't have access to body guards and VIP rooms, and we didn't have a hugely publicized rape accusation hanging over our heads when we did it.

Fixed for accuracy. You left out something kind of important.

SteelGhost
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Don't worry, Bradford won't be the next Ryan Leaf. He'll have a career-ending shoulder injury way before that could happen. I still can't believe anyone is seriously considering using the #1 draft pick on a guy that has that hanging over him and still isn't all the way back from the last surgery. He has Chad Pennington written all over him -- at best.

:hatsoff:

I hope this is a wake up call for BB as someone said :hope:

Avoid Lloyd95
04-15-2010, 01:33 PM
The key word there is accusation, and the woman in Vegas appears SO credible:coffee:

sackmaster56
04-15-2010, 01:37 PM
In my opinion I think the Steelers org. should give Ben one more chance to get it together. Ben should attend meetings for alcohol abuse and maybe some Tiger Woods sex freak meetings to gain public support. And maybe do some charity stuff for the Pittsburgh area to help the ones he has offended the most. Please Mr. Rooney dont be as snide as you look and give your franchise QB one last chance. If that doesnt work by all means run his butt out of town and hope he goes to Buffalo.

steelreserve
04-15-2010, 01:39 PM
The key word there is accusation, and the woman in Vegas appears SO credible:coffee:

Doesn't really matter. He was obviously under the microscope on a national level, and he was fully aware of the fact that there was a HUGE target on his back.

Whatever the reason, once you've been burned to the level where you have to hire a lawyer and call a press conference to assure everyone you're not some kind of rapist ... you act a little more carefully than this from then on, unless you're a complete idiot.

steelerchad
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Bradford would retire after two years as Steelers starter...his skinny ass would never hold up to the amount of sacks he'd take.

I still think this is bullshit, though...if it's legit, it's a leak to let Ben know they basically are disgusted with him right now, and that he'd damned well better be way down the road to recovery....

I think you may be wrong about that. I know a guy who's alot skinnier than Bradford and QB'd a game for us last year. In fact he came out of that game, (a losing one) as a kind of hero. His stat line was this 12-26, 1 TD, 1 INT ( a big one) 145 yds.
You know how many sacks he took in that game?

ZERO. Against a Baltimore D, In a 5 quarter OT game. Not 1 sack. And he only had 3 rushes for 27 yards.

I love the way Ben plays and sacks come sometimes because he makes plays downfield other times. But a different style QB with a quick release may not have sack issues in Pittsburgh. Everyone thinks our OL stinks, and I don't think that's the case.

LVSteelersfan
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
It just sucks that we have to listen to the Ben Rapistberger comments all the time. The only other QB in the league I can think of with serious problems is Mike Vick. Most of them keep their noses clean and you never hear about them during the offseason. Have you heard anything negative about the Phillip Rivers and the Jay Cutlers of the world? They may not be the greatest personalities in the world but you don't hear about them constantly every offseason for jailing offense whether they be true or not. Ben needs to grow up or pack up. Whichever he wants to do first. I'd say at this point it is still up to him but the Rooneys won't put up with any other crap from him. I seriously doubt this article has any truth to it unless it is just something to shake Ben up a little bit.

ajscratch71
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Sir I'm sorry but, can you please tell me what Infraction BEN is responsible for ? I mean okay, he did admit to some sort of consensual act in Georgia, and that could have been a Indicent Exposure charge. But is THAT worth sacraficing your Hall of fame to be QB ? Especially when you tolerated James Harrison's Incident. And what about former OL Marvel Smith. He not only had 2 Marijuna Incidents while in college. But he got busted with it again in what...2002 while with us....And did we Cut/trade him ? And while we are talking " Morals " and what not. I seem to remember a National story that said Cowher cheated on his wife, and for a while he was living out of his house. Now, they eventually got through it. But what kind of message does that send to all those " Hard-Working " everyday " Family Men in Da Burgh ?
I mean why didn't Rooney throw Cowher out on the curb ?

You see, I agree that NO one player is above the team you root for. But, No one " Owner " is as well. And you can't get rid of Ben, and preach " Morals " about him when NO CRIME was ever commited. And then turn a Blind Eye to all the others on the team who have broken the Moral conduct code,,and still are Steeler players.

I won't never stop rooting for the Steelers. But if Art Rooney shows this kind of Hypocritic nature with Ben, mthen I WILL never root again for the Rooney's.

How do you compare a marijuana charge to the actions of a perceived sexual predator? There is no correlation whatsoever. I'm a Steelers fan first and foremost:tt04:. While I would be disappointed if they traded Ben, for comparable value, I would not shed a tear. There have been some players let go over the years that made me mad but I still root for the Steelers. No one man is above the team.

With great power comes great responsibility.
QB is the most glamorous position in the NFL and when your franchise QB embarrasses(twice) a flagship organization like the Steelers you have to consider all scenarios. BB has shown that he doesn't "get it" when it comes to off-field behavior. Should the Steelers give him a "three strikes and you're out" ultimatum? Punish him with a fine and suspension for a few games and hope his behavior changes? How much of a rope should the franchise QB be given? What if this happens again in 2011? The motorcycle incident was just plain stupidity. These last two incidents are more egregious.

There are people on this board who are dismissing Ben's situation because he was never charged. The fact of the matter is that where there is smoke there is fire.

mopit55
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
if we lose bb and take bradford,mccoy,clausen and an another they take a lot of sacks with the o-line.we need to keep big ben and take a good lineman in the first round.a good offensive line is the beginning for the future and a young quaterback.

billybob49
04-15-2010, 01:55 PM
I think the conensus is that most of the Steeler Nation likes Ben , but when do you send the message that what you are getting yourself into is niether good for you or the team .
I don't think there are many who would want to see him go , but rather he straighten up and fly right .
I agree that there is noone bigger than the team itself . We did have success before there ever was a Big Ben . We would , i believe , still have success with or without him .
Just the fact that we would consider to be open to a trade would actually send a message to Mr. Big Ben . Could be just what he would not like to hear , but at the same time needs to hear .
All signs point to the ball being in Bens court .
It's been said in so many ways that it is hard to overlook , but he does need to make up his mind where he wants to go with his carreer . If he is given that option , he needs to know that the proper adjustments will be made , if it becomes clear it is a step that needs to be taken .
Due to the fact he has not been charged with any legal wrong doing , i think it would be fair to give him one last chance to make things right . Perhaps a probation type thing or a suspension , maybe even both .
He has got to know what is expected of him , and if that is not important to him , then i see no reason why he should not be left go to pursue his carreer elsewhere .

fansince'76
04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I won't be happy if it happens, but I'll support the Rooneys before I support ANY player. If they deem that's what's best for the future of the team, I'll live with it.

Merchant
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
This is ridiculous. Everyone questioning Ben is going to shut up once he starts throwing for 400+ yards in a game with 4 TDs. I'm sick of all this. I wouldn't trade Ben for five First Round picks. Him and Payton are the best QBs in the world. period.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I won't be happy if it happens, but I'll support the Rooneys before I support ANY player. If they deem that's what's best for the future of the team, I'll live with it.

:hatsoff:

steelreserve
04-15-2010, 02:05 PM
This is ridiculous. Everyone questioning Ben is going to shut up once he starts throwing for 400+ yards in a game with 4 TDs. I'm sick of all this.

I don't know. Yeah, I'm sure everyone will root for him on the field just like always, but I'd still feel pretty awkward wearing his jersey out in public, and probably so do a lot of other people.

Two separate things. It's not an all-in-one deal where if you hope the guy plays well, you also have to stick up for him as a good person who you'd love to hang around with. I don't know why people try to make the debate into that, but it's a pretty illogical tangent.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
How do you compare a marijuana charge to the actions of a perceived sexual predator? There is no correlation whatsoever. I'm a Steelers fan first and foremost:tt04:. While I would be disappointed if they traded Ben, for comparable value, I would not shed a tear. There have been some players let go over the years that made me mad but I still root for the Steelers. No one man is above the team.

With great power comes great responsibility.
QB is the most glamorous position in the NFL and when your franchise QB embarrasses(twice) a flagship organization like the Steelers you have to consider all scenarios. BB has shown that he doesn't "get it" when it comes to off-field behavior. Should the Steelers give him a "three strikes and you're out" ultimatum? Punish him with a fine and suspension for a few games and hope his behavior changes? How much of a rope should the franchise QB be given? What if this happens again in 2011? The motorcycle incident was just plain stupidity. These last two incidents are more egregious.

There are people on this board who are dismissing Ben's situation because he was never charged. The fact of the matter is that where there is smoke there is fire.
\

Huh ? We are talking about the " Moral conduct " code. You're telling me that amultiple CONFIRMED use of that is NOT a violation of the Moral conduct code ?
Ben was never CONFIRMED to have done anything...Smith did. And Smith wasn't punished at all by Rooney. Sounds like a Hypocrite to me.

wdsteel
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
:wave::wave::yeehaw::yeehaw::poke:They can all go to hell. Seriously. I'm done being a fan if they trade him for their image. **** them.

ajscratch71
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
\

Huh ? We are talking about the " Moral conduct " code. You're telling me that amultiple CONFIRMED use of that is NOT a violation of the Moral conduct code ?
Ben was never CONFIRMED to have done anything...Smith did. And Smith wasn't punished at all by Rooney. Sounds like a Hypocrite to me.

Nope...only sounds like an organization fed up with Ben's off-field behavior. Otherwise, they wouldn't have jettisoned Santonio for a freakin' 5th ROUNDER!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
1st and second this year and a first and third pick next year from a team with a top 7 draft pick this year... that would be nice...

But no.. I really do not want to see Ben traded. Hopefully he will not be suspended, just fined and therapy....

LamarrWoodleysFade
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I cannot wait until September...

bozz723
04-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Wasn't really a fan till about 92 but, probably. It's hard to believe people would support a trade of Ben for being a single man. It really is unfathomable, and the Rooney's and their "class" can't understand that. Let's just not even run a football team, let's run an institution for perfect behaving gentleman. He's single and high profile. his only crime is being an idiot doing what he did. It really is such a joke people are crucifying him. This attitude the Steelers have really is detrimental to the franchise.

Forget about the fact that at least 50% of the NFL act like Ben, with guys like Hines Ward acting the same way while married, but that's okay.

No one can address this. Why let Hines Ward get away with it? Are we running a school for gentleman? Do you guys think that other players on the team don't have sex in bathrooms every once in awhile?

This whole thing is a HUGE joke.

Stone
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
So which is it?

Her friends say she was "dragged to the bathroom" by a bodyguard...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10105/1050765-100.stm

But the "alleged victim" says she walked into the bathroom by mistake:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/big-bens-accuser-i-dont-know-if-we-had-sex/ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/big-bens-accuser-i-dont-know-if-we-had-sex/)

No wonder they couldn't press charges! And the really BS part is that neither report has the other claim!

SteelerFanInStl
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
This is ridiculous. Everyone questioning Ben is going to shut up once he starts throwing for 400+ yards in a game with 4 TDs. I'm sick of all this. I wouldn't trade Ben for five First Round picks.

:iagree: I'll always be a Steeler fan no matter what but trading Ben will definitely make me :mad: The time period between Bradshaw and Ben was long and difficult and I don't want to do that again.

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
He is not getting traded all the article said is that internally it was discussed but no other teams are involved this is the rooneys way of showing how far they will go to protect the rep but they wont actually do it .

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
These stories contradict eactother and also i cant believe they had her give a statement on what she thought happened

Steelers>NFL
04-15-2010, 02:45 PM
i hope they don't trade him. he's too valuable. imagine him coming into pittsburgh on another team and beating us. that would be terrible.
I saw something like that last season, Bengals whooping the Steelers a$$ in Pittsburgh. :flap:

Edman
04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
The first year I became a Steelers fan was 1998, during the midst of the Korkie collapse. My fandom survived those years, it survived 2003, it survived 2006, and it survived last year, and it'll survive without Ben.

I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Not a Ben Roethlisberger fan. While it'll suck to lose Ben, I wouldn't be surprised or saddened to see him go. I've grown indifferent towards the guy now. Great player, stupid person.

I'm not saying going out clubbing and partying is wrong. But how often does someone go out clubbing and get accused of sexual assault?

Edman
04-15-2010, 02:50 PM
i hope they don't trade him. he's too valuable. imagine him coming into pittsburgh on another team and beating us. that would be terrible.

You mean like...

Jacksonville beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in 2007?
Bruce Gradkowski and the Jokeland Raiders beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year?
Tim Couch and the Browns beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh in 2003?
Baltimore destroying the Steelers in Pittsburgh in 2006?
Cincinnati beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year to complete a season sweep?

Stone
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. The media knows that most people are lazy and only read one story, so neither the Post-Gazette nor TMZ bothered to add all the components/contradictions because then it is not as "sensational".

wiz1120
04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
You mean like...

Jacksonville beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in 2007?
Bruce Gradkowski and the Jokeland Raiders beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year?
Tim Couch and the Browns beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh in 2003?
Baltimore destroying the Steelers in Pittsburgh in 2006?
Cincinnati beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh last year to complete a season sweep?

So you expect him to lead the Steelers to a completely perfect season every season since 2003? Pretty realistic, he can't win every game so we can afford to lose him. What a joke

XxKnightxX
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
THE BIGGER THEY ARE, THE HARDER THEY FALL, THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY.

T.Richardson
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Constant offseason incidents? he has only been accused twice of this, got in an accident with his motorcycle.. thats about it. I dont see constant offseason incidents people.

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Right on brother!:thumbsup:

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Constant offseason incidents? he has only been accused twice of this, got in an accident with his motorcycle.. thats about it. I dont see constant offseason incidents people.

3 incidents in 3 off seasons and none of them shed a good light on Ben or the Steelers. Have you been asleep these last few years?

wiz1120
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Here's a scenario no one is talking about.

The Steelers trade Ben. (Highly Unlikely) They do this to save the damaged reputation of the franchise.

A couple of years later, the two girls decide to do what Kobe's accusor did, which is admitting she lied. (This is highly likely). The Steelers organization quickly becomes the laughing stock of the league.

For the sake of the Steelers, I hope they realize all the possible ramifications of trading their best player since the 70's.

Vincent
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Now all the nastiness is emerging.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10105/1050765-66.stm
Accuser's friends reported Roethlisberger guards kept them away
Thursday, April 15, 2010
By Jonathan D. Silver and Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The accuser's written statement.
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Ben Roethlisberger's "bodyguards" were actively involved in putting the Steelers quarterback and his accuser together inside a Georgia nightclub and preventing the 20-year-old woman's friends from reaching her, according to their accounts to police contained in documents released today.

"He said, Hey,' and he started talking to [redacted] (nothing in particular), and his bodyguards took him back to the 'room' w/ bathroom. I said, 'I don't know if this is a good idea,' and he said, 'It's OK.' He had sex w/me and meanwhile his bodyguards told my friends they couldn't pass them to get to me," the woman wrote in her statement.

The Steelers quarterback, who was the focus of a monthlong investigation into sexual assault allegations by Georgia authorities that ended this week with no charges being filed, called his accuser a "tease" during a night of bar-hopping prior to the ill-fated encounter at the Capital City nightclub in Milledgeville, she said in a handwritten statement.

It was there that the woman alleged Mr. Roethlisberger raped her in a bathroom. Mr. Roethlisberger has denied the accusation through his lawyers.

The Post-Gazette does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

One of the woman's friends, Nicole Biancofiore, said the woman "was dragged by a bodyguard to the back room in Capital. She was extremely intoxicated and not aware of what was happening."

Ms. Biancofiore said she saw another friend, Aliesha Scholten, try to open the locked bathroom door, but "she was taken away by a bodyguard of Ben's."

A third friend, Ann Marie Lubatti, told police, that she "approached the other security guard and told him that she [the accuser] was in no shape to be back there with Ben Roethlisberger. He couldn't look me in the eye, and told me he didn't know what was going on. My friend went to open the door, and it was locked."

The statements were among hundreds of pages included in the Roethlisberger case file that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation made public today. Under Georgia's open records law, the information could be released because the case was closed, which officially occurred Wednesday.

None of the statements identify the bodyguards by name.

The bureau conducted the investigation of Mr. Roethlisberger along with the Milledgeville Police Department.

Authorities launched the inquiry March 5 after the accuser, a student at Georgia College & State University, complained to police.

Mr. Roethlisberger, who has an off-season residence in the area, had been out celebrating his 28th birthday with a number of friends including Steelers tackle Willie Colon, off-duty Pennsylvania State Trooper Trooper Ed Joyner and off-duty Coraopolis police officer Anthony J. Barravecchio.

An initial report by a Milledgeville police officer taken at 1:30 a.m. March 5 stated: "One of the suspect's bodyguards escorted her to a back room/hallway area where the suspect was.

"Once there, she stated, the suspect asked her for sex. At this time it is unclear to what happened after this point due to the complainant's recollection being foggy from her intoxication level. However, she did write a statement of what she thought happened."

The accuser's statement says:

"I met Ben Rotheseburgehergh [sic] at Velvet. He went to the Brick because he was [unreadable] to not be bombarded by fans. He then met us at the Brick and called me 'a tease.' Eventually we saw him at the Capital City & saw him there."

After the alleged sexual encounter in a small, dingy restroom at the club, the woman said, "My friends found me & talked to a Milledgeville policeman & he said to report it."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Dan Majors: dmajors@post-gazette.comJon Silver: jsilver@post-gazette.com

Prok
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. The media knows that most people are lazy and only read one story, so neither the Post-Gazette nor TMZ bothered to add all the components/contradictions because then it is not as "sensational".

:tt:

:drink:

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
well since the steelers made it clear they are going to discipline him i dont think they are trading him. steelers cant suspend him if they trade him.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Who is this so called source anyway? A friend of a friend's uncle or something. The Rooney's know full well that with out Ben the Steelers are screwed. You people need to stop spreading lies and rumors about Ben.

steelerdave1969
04-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I personally want Ben to be innocent here, but if he or his friends did the things like drag the girl in . . then Ben and His Friends All have Problems. I just dont see how Ben couldnt get a girl that was sober to have sex with him.
I am trying to give Ben the benefit of the doubt, but it really makes me wonder just what kind of person Ben really is.

Vincent
04-15-2010, 03:25 PM
MODS - This probably should be merged into "Two different statements emerge....". Sorry!

Prok
04-15-2010, 03:27 PM
well since the steelers made it clear they are going to discipline him i dont think they are trading him. steelers cant suspend him if they trade him.

Yeah ya'd think this is pretty much a dead horse by now.

Lokking forward to the draft?

My pipe dream is for us to trade up for McClain. Man, our front 7 would be SCARY good with that guy in the mix imo.

:tt:

steelerdave1969
04-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I just hope for the girls sake that the DA did the right thing. I love Ben, but if he is guilty of any of these accusations then he needs to be punished just like you men or myself would be.

Atranox
04-15-2010, 03:35 PM

That's two times too many. Out of the tens of thousands of athletes out there, how many can you think of that have been accused of rape multiple times?

What more annoying that the idiots crucifying him are the idiots that are blindly defending him. Yes, Ben is single. Yes, Ben is allowed to act like a typical young, single guy. However, last I checked, that doesn't include ****ing a drunk chick in a damn club bathroom. Not only is that out of line for a "normal" guy, but it's exceedingly out of line for a $100 million franchise quarterback. If you handed me $100 million and said "here, stay out of trouble for the next 10 years", guess what I'm gonna do? You sure as hell aren't going to catch me trying to bang chicks at a club. Do you people have no common sense whatsoever?

No one can address this. Why let Hines Ward get away with it? Are we running a school for gentleman? Do you guys think that other players on the team don't have sex in bathrooms every once in awhile?

1. Who did Hines Ward supposedly rape?

2. I love how you act as if someone ****ing a drunk chick in a public bathroom is a common occurance. Even if it;s consentual, it's pretty damn stupid - especially for the face of a franchise and someone who was ALREADY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR RAPE. And you seem to be forgetting the whole "rape accusation" aspect of the situation. Most of the evidence sure didn't look good for Ben - the girl had bleeding, bruises, scratches, etc. He's damn lucky that she insisted on not pressing charges - I don't think that there was enough to convict him, but there sure was a lot there to make him look even worse.

Now, I won't be too thrilled if we cut Ben because we need him to remain competitive...but if we do, it's his own damn fault. I'm certainly not going to turn my back on the Steelers, and quite frankly, part of me will be glad to see the asshole gone. I'm sure that feeling won't last too long if we start losing...but still, you can't blame the Rooneys if they trade him.

Steelers>NFL
04-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I personally want Ben to be innocent here, but if he or his friends did the things like drag the girl in . . then Ben and His Friends All have Problems. I just dont see how Ben couldnt get a girl that was sober to have sex with him. I am trying to give Ben the benefit of the doubt, but it really makes me wonder just what kind of person Ben really is.
He looks too much like a sasquatch. The woman has to be drunk to have any kind of sexual relation with a sasquatch. :noidea:

Stone
04-15-2010, 03:37 PM
The statements:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html

steeltheone
04-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I agree...If i was sure he did any of this crap, i would never wear his jersey again!

mesaSteeler
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I personally want Ben to be innocent here, but if he or his friends did the things like drag the girl in . . then Ben and His Friends All have Problems. I just dont see how Ben couldnt get a girl that was sober to have sex with him.
I am trying to give Ben the benefit of the doubt, but it really makes me wonder just what kind of person Ben really is.

I agree.

plenewken
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
That's two times too many. Out of the tens of thousands of athletes out there, how many can you think of that have been accused of rape multiple times?

What more annoying that the idiots crucifying him are the idiots that are blindly defending him. Yes, Ben is single. Yes, Ben is allowed to act like a typical young, single guy. However, last I checked, that doesn't include ****ing a drunk chick in a damn club bathroom. Not only is that out of line for a "normal" guy, but it's exceedingly out of line for a $100 million franchise quarterback. If you handed me $100 million and said "here, stay out of trouble for the next 10 years", guess what I'm gonna do? You sure as hell aren't going to catch me trying to bang chicks at a club. Do you people have no common sense whatsoever?

1. Who did Hines Ward supposedly rape?

2. I love how you act as if someone ****ing a drunk chick in a public bathroom is a common occurance. Even if it;s consentual, it's pretty damn stupid - especially for the face of a franchise and someone who was ALREADY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR RAPE. And you seem to be forgetting the whole "rape accusation" aspect of the situation. Most of the evidence sure didn't look good for Ben - the girl had bleeding, bruises, scratches, etc. He's damn lucky that she insisted on not pressing charges - I don't think that there was enough to convict him, but there sure was a lot there to make him look even worse.

Now, I won't be too thrilled if we cut Ben because we need him to remain competitive...but if we do, it's his own damn fault. I'm certainly not going to turn my back on the Steelers, and quite frankly, part of me will be glad to see the asshole gone. I'm sure that feeling won't last too long if we start losing...but still, you can't blame the Rooneys if they trade him.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Stone
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know, I think this was released for a reason, but I'm not sure it was put out there just to trash Ben. Maybe it was put out there by the PPG to show how ridiculous the statements really are, GIVEN that there were NO CHARGES placed!

People will automatically read those allegations and think, "Ben is such a pig, he is a rapist, yadda, yadda, yadda"...but do we really think that if this poor woman was dragged to a bathroom against her will in a crowded VIP section that NO ONE would have seen or helped her? In her statement which is on TMZ, she clearly (well, not that clearly, she was pretty drunk) states that she walked into the bathroom by mistake, thinking it was an exit (?).

Do we really think that two police officers, who are long-time bodyguards for Ben, who were by all accounts sober, are going to drag a woman to the bathroom against her will?

And, if these were really allegations that could be backed up, do we really think they would have let Ben go un-charged? I don't think so. Not with Mr. Bright on the case.

I also find it interesting that they are putting out these girls names now....not the victim, but her friends who pushed this thing along....maybe the victim's name won't be far behind!

colescott1
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
What investigation is there? This first "incident" that you haters keep referring too NEVER filed a complaint!!!! Just decided to throw up a civil suit.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree 100% with colescott1. Ben was never was investagated for rape in the Mcnutty case she just filed a suit agaisnt Ben. All the ding bat wants is Ben money and she'll never get any of it. If McNutty was really raped she would have went straight to the police instead of waiting a year and fileing a suit.

pete74
04-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree 100% with colescott1. Ben was never was investagated for rape in the Mcnutty case she just filed a suit agaisnt Ben. All the ding bat wants is Ben money and she'll never get any of it. If McNutty was really raped she would have went straight to the police instead of waiting a year and fileing a suit.

im not saying he did it because like everyone here, we have no clue and are only stating our opinions but alot of rape victims do not run straight to the police. some never tell and others wait years. hell, look at all the adults who were raped by priests coming out 10-20 years after it happened.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, seeing how Ben even admits to being in the bathroom alone with her, it really doesn't matter HOW she got in there. The fact is she WAS IN THERE.

The core facts seem to corraborate each other... it is the specifics that don't, and that makes sense. Every person has their own way of seeing things.

However, I read through the 20 pages on TMZ and didn't read ONE statement that said a guard "dragged" her in.

Lubatti says a BG took her by the arm and led her to a side door.
Biancaco(whatever her name is) says that the guard "led her to a back room"
Garafalo states that she left before hand (not necessarily a "gotcha" statement... which makes me think that she believed everything she was saying).
Aurellia, part of Ben's party, says that Ben said they were "messing around".

To look at the map of the place, you have to leave the room and walk to get to where they were, which means the girls and the accuser's testimony are very much able to be correct. They saw her led out of the room itself by a BG. She spoke of walking down the hallway to leave, and instead ending up in a bathroom.

Sorry, but there is nothing contradicting in these testimonies. A simple historical reconstruction says it could have happened the EXACT way those two stories put it together.

(And before anyone asks how do I know this, let me share... I am doing a Ph.D. in Old Testament studies -second temple period-. (Ask GBMel, I bored the SNOT out of him, his wife, and my wife over dinner one evening with this stuff! :chuckle:). One of the things we do is historical reconstruction between Obelisks, Stelles, documents, and the Ezra, Nehemiah, prophets, and Chronicle texts of the bible. Historical reconstruction is pretty dang fun actually).

That reconstruction doesn't mean that a rape did happen. I am saying however, it says that the women's stories concerning the young lady and Ben being alone, and how they got that way, seem to be very much in agreement.

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
A motorcycle wreck I can forgive as stupid.

One gold digger in Nevada I don't even count.

This one - he should have known better - but again there is too little information to form a factual conclusion.

Ben needs to watch his drinking, that's for sure. But come on...had the gold-digger never happened, this isn't nearly as big of a deal.

Anyone think this is an excuse for the Rooney's to get out of his mega-contract?

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I agree with you bigbenrules4000. She just wants money, look at what they recieved from that case. It is money, no doubt about it, otherwise she would of not waited a YEAR. No case there. I would not want them to trade Ben either. I believe Ben will go on and have a good season. I know Ben has a lot of support from fans, and he certainly has mine. That won't change.

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
im not saying he did it because like everyone here, we have no clue and are only stating our opinions but alot of rape victims do not run straight to the police. some never tell and others wait years. hell, look at all the adults who were raped by priests coming out 10-20 years after it happened.

I can see your point here. But evidence is a true factor in having a good case.

pete74
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
A motorcycle wreck I can forgive as stupid.

One gold digger in Nevada I don't even count.

This one - he should have known better - but again there is too little information to form a factual conclusion.

Ben needs to watch his drinking, that's for sure. But come on...had the gold-digger never happened, this isn't nearly as big of a deal.

Anyone think this is an excuse for the Rooney's to get out of his mega-contract?

definatly not and i feel its insane to even think that way. how can you say this isnt a big deal? what if that was your daughter or your son?

fansince'76
04-15-2010, 04:26 PM
However, I read through the 20 pages on TMZ and didn't read ONE statement that said a guard "dragged" her in.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/9528065/2/istockphoto_9528065-caveman-dragging-cave-woman.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 04:27 PM
This should NOT even be a big deal. He didn't do nothing wrong and nothing could be proved or the da would have filed charges. The only thing Ben is guilty of is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and drinking a little to much with the arong people.

To Pete 74, Yeah some never report it but only the gold diggers go after a guy for money and say he raped them. Think about it.

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM
definatly not and i feel its insane to even think that way. how can you say this isnt a big deal? what if that was your daughter or your son?

If my daughter slept with him voluntarily, bragged about it on a bunch of websites, then tried to sue him like some king of gold-digger, I'd smack her in the head.

As for the second one, I'm gonna kick my daughter's ass for being in a bar and trashed while underaged I'd have a few choice words for her too. Having no first (or even second)-hand knowledge of what went on in that bathroom, it would be hard for me to form any other conclusion on that matter.

Why wouldn't I think that way? When have the Rooney's paid anybody that kind of contract? There's a thousand other possibilties as well, I was just throwing one of them out there.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/9528065/2/istockphoto_9528065-caveman-dragging-cave-woman.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

:buttkick: :chuckle:

Do you remember the old cartoon with the caveman and a club... and three scantily clad woman?

Every time I see a picture like the one you post, I remember that cartoon.

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 04:33 PM
This should NOT even be a big deal. He didn't do nothing wrong and nothing could be proved or the da would have filed charges. The only thing Ben is guilty of is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and drinking a little to much with the arong people.

To Pete 74, Yeah some never report it but only the gold diggers go after a guy for money and say he raped them. Think about it.

I agree with you, bigbenrules4000.
He is guilty of being in wrong place at the wrong time and poor judgement! Nobody will ever exactly know what went on there. He was NOT charged, and they did NOT have enough case to prosecute this further either. I believe he is still going to get a suspension, but lets not forget that the whole league is watching, and hopefully this is a lesson for all NFL players. Don't put yourself into something you don't want to deal with. But like I said, Ben is guilty of poor judgement, and being in wrong place at the wrong time.

Stone
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, seeing how Ben even admits to being in the bathroom alone with her, it really doesn't matter HOW she got in there. The fact is she WAS IN THERE.

The core facts seem to corraborate each other... it is the specifics that don't, and that makes sense. Every person has their own way of seeing things.

However, I read through the 20 pages on TMZ and didn't read ONE statement that said a guard "dragged" her in...

Sorry, but there is nothing contradicting in these testimonies. A simple historical reconstruction says it could have happened the EXACT way those two stories put it together.

From the PPG article:

One of the woman's friends, Nicole Biancofiore, said the woman "was dragged by a bodyguard to the back room in Capital. She was extremely intoxicated and not aware of what was happening."

And forgive me if I am incorrect, but didn't Mr. Bright himself (as well as both ESPN legal analysts) continue to say that there were contradicting statements from both the witnesses and the "alleged victim" which made prosecuting a case against Ben very difficult to achieve?

If all thse statements were so easily corroborated, then why was he NOT charged?

Preacher
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
FOUND IT!

CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BDysdKuiN_0/SspZuuFmXnI/AAAAAAAAAD8/A5FqMElPTGk/s320/CaptainCaveman1.JPG

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
After reading all the statements and reports on what "happened" the DA was completly right not to press charges agaisnt Ben. All the statements and reports contidic themselves. All the female involved were so drunk I am surprised that they could even remember their own names.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Okay, okay. Now all of a sudden the girl can remember exactly what happend?! Before it was she was so plastered she had no idea what was going on. We need to band together and eliminate her ;)

plenewken
04-15-2010, 04:39 PM

The NV alleged victim is asking $440,000 in damages. Hardly a gold digger IMO. Plus she alleges that she's been stymied by her employer when she told them that she wanted to press charges against Ben. Knowing the kind of "favors" that celebrities and high rollers require in NV casinos, I'm not completely surprised by her allegations. Not saying she's 100% truthful but I definitely look forward to the trial.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 04:40 PM
From the PPG article:

And forgive me if I am incorrect, but didn't Mr. Bright himself (as well as both ESPN legal analysts) continue to say that there were contradicting statements from both the witnesses and the "alleged victim" which made prosecuting a case against Ben very difficult to achieve?

If all thse statements were so easily corroborated, then why was he NOT charged?

The PPG is wrong. The statement says "I watched one of the guards bring her to a back room" http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger10.html

Not dragged, she was brought. That corresponds with the other statements. That "room", if you look at the map, is what looks like a massive hallway/backroom to a bathroom.

Why not charged? I am not a lawyer. But like I said, the question is whether he raped her. I am only speaking here of the notion that the women's statements concerning how she was takign to the back room contradict. They don't.

billybob49
04-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Are there any "beatin a dead horse threads " around to bury this whole Ben thing ?
:noidea:

steelerdude15
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Band wagon jumper! Anyways... I would be upset if Ben would be traded away, but I'll still support the team no matter what. He still hasn't been convicted though and that's the thing!

Curtain_of_Steel
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm not so sure wrong place wrong time applies either.

Mcnulty had all those emails and texts about having a little BB baby. So she is just a jilted wacko.

Motorbike, wasn't illegal, just stupid.

Agree on who knows on this one, but based on the LAW, they had ZERO evidence to file anything.

So tell him to get some drinking classes, and perhaps a spot on the millionaire matchmaker, but to be honest suspending him is wrong.

I think the Steelers know they can not suspend him, they have basically said it, based on the the PA agreements and appeals, therefore they are bowing and "working" with Goodell? Which I think they should not be "working" with Goodel at all, its not their place to push for a suspension just because they can't do it. I think Goodel feels he can't suspend based on BB being potentially stupid and no charges filed. Based on Goodels comments from when he met with Ben, I think his hands are tied to a point.
I think he stated to BB how he needs to handle himself which was conveyed by both, and he is dam lucky he wasnt charged. etc etc.

Perhaps my morals are F'ed up, but no charges have been filed, IMO he is innocent. So how can a lower level org say no your guilty and we are suspending him.

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:43 PM
The NV alleged victim is asking $440,000 in damages. Hardly a gold digger IMO. Plus she alleges that she's been stymied by her employer when she told them that she wanted to press charges against Ben. Knowing the kind of "favors" that celebrities and high rollers require in NV casinos, I'm not completely surprised by her allegations. Not saying she's 100% truthful but I definitely look forward to the trial.$440,000 in damages is a pile of money to the average person, yet small enough that a mega-rich athlete like Ben may settle quickly.

Attorney's aren't stupid.

BIGWILL90
04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Were Ruffies involved? :dizzy:

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
People wanna get rid of Ben? Okay! Will see how happy everyone is when we go 4-12 without him....

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:45 PM
People wanna get rid of Ben? Okay! Will see how happy everyone is when we go 4-12 without him....
this

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 04:47 PM
How dare you suggest Ben paided off her boss to cover it up. $440,000 dollars may not seem like alot to you or I but it could be alot to her. In my book any one who waits a year then sues some rich guy for money and claims he raped her is nothing but a freakin gold digging harlet thats out to get rich quick.

colescott1
04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I'll be the 1st to admit $440,000 is a lot to me. :hatsoff:

plenewken
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM
$440,000 in damages is a pile of money to the average person, yet small enough that a mega-rich athlete like Ben may settle quickly.

Attorney's aren't stupid.

Ben didn't dispute the fact that he had sex with her in his room but he alleges that sex was consensual. She says she's been assaulted. It's another typical "he said-she said" story, complicated by the fact that allegedly, her employer pressured her not to go to the cops, otherwise she'd be fired.

BlastFurnace
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM

We won't be this bad, but we are no better than 8-8 without Ben.

If he goes, kiss the playoffs goodbye.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not so sure wrong place wrong time applies either.

Mcnulty had all those emails and texts about having a little BB baby. So she is just a jilted wacko.

Motorbike, wasn't illegal, just stupid.

Agree on who knows on this one, but based on the LAW, they had ZERO evidence to file anything.

So tell him to get some drinking classes, and perhaps a spot on the millionaire matchmaker, but to be honest suspending him is wrong.

I think the Steelers know they can not suspend him, they have basically said it, based on the the PA agreements and appeals, therefore they are bowing and "working" with Goodell? Which I think they should not be "working" with Goodel at all, its not their place to push for a suspension just because they can't do it. I think Goodel feels he can't suspend based on BB being potentially stupid and no charges filed. Based on Goodels comments from when he met with Ben, I think his hands are tied to a point.
I think he stated to BB how he needs to handle himself which was conveyed by both, and he is dam lucky he wasnt charged. etc etc.

Perhaps my morals are F'ed up, but no charges have been filed, IMO he is innocent. So how can a lower level org say no your guilty and we are suspending him.

I agree with you. I would be terriby mad if the suspend Ben.

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Ben didn't dispute the fact that he had sex with her in his room but he alleges that sex was consensual. She says she's been assaulted. It's another typical "he said-she said" story, complicated by the fact that allegedly, her employer pressured her not to go to the cops, otherwise she'd be fired.

And I'd be half more inclined to believe her had she not spend her time writing about him all over the net and such...

devilsdancefloor
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM

nah he just jumped on the bandwagon after XL. he doesnt know the pain of the 80's!

CargoJon
04-15-2010, 04:55 PM
We won't be this bad, but we are no better than 8-8 without Ben.

If he goes, kiss ring #7 goodbye.

FIFY

fansince'76
04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
And I'd be half more inclined to believe her had she not spend her time writing about him all over the net and such...

Don't forget about her online soldier boyfriend in Iraq named "Ben."

fansince'76
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Were Ruffies involved? :dizzy:

Not yet, but I'm sure that will be the next "twist" to the story....

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Yeah let's feel bad for the Rooney's because they can't sell a bunch of overpriced jersey's right now.. please..

Trading Big Ben at his lowest trade value would be bad for business and incredibly stupid..

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Plenewken-We are all entitled to our own opinions on that subject, but I believe it is a case about money, and i'm just stating my own opinion. This is also another case that we will never know what really happened there either because it is another he/she said case. I believe that the "favors" that both celebs and high rollers require in NV casinos are probably not just NV casinos..there are a ton of casinos in the US and its likely it is in those casinos too, it is a business, and they want those people to come back. But again, I'm stating it is a he/she said case, involving money, IMO.

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Don't forget about her online soldier boyfriend in Iraq named "Ben."

EXACTLY!

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
The NV alleged victim is asking $440,000 in damages. Hardly a gold digger IMO. Plus she alleges that she's been stymied by her employer when she told them that she wanted to press charges against Ben. Knowing the kind of "favors" that celebrities and high rollers require in NV casinos, I'm not completely surprised by her allegations. Not saying she's 100% truthful but I definitely look forward to the trial.

McNulty is seeking more than that. She's suing for...

1. Special Damages, including but not limited to, wages, medical bills and expenses and other out of pocket expenses in excess of $380k.
2. For general damages in excess of 10k.
3. For attorneys fees and costs.
4. For punitive damages.
5. For such other and further relief that is appropriate according to the proof.

Who knows how much she actually would have ended up suing for. Of course, once it was clear that he was going to fight the allegation she changed her tune and said "give me 100k and an apology and I'll go away".

AllD
04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
The fact that there are allegations is a problem. He is one of the faces of an elite NFL franchaise. There is no excuse for him being near an explosive situation even if he is 100% not guilty. He is stupid for taking such huge risks.

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah let's feel bad for the Rooney's because they can't sell a bunch of overpriced jersey's right now.. please..

Trading Big Ben at his lowest trade value would be bad for business and incredibly stupid..

Lowest trade value? Please elaborate.

I don't feel bad for the Rooney's, I never even implied that. I said that no one player is bigger than the team, and given the Rooney's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him. So you would keep a guy that continues to embarrass your company with stupid immature acts of selfishness?

Steelersfan799
04-15-2010, 05:18 PM

1. Special Damages, including but not limited to, wages, medical bills and expenses and other out of pocket expenses in excess of $380k.
4. For punitive damages.
5. For such other and further relief that is appropriate according to the proof.

Who knows how much she actually would have ended up suing for. Of course, once it was clear that he was going to fight the allegation she changed her tune and said "give me 100k and an apology and I'll go away".

Thanks for putting that up there. She is probably asking for more than millions of dollars. That's a lot of things she's suing for.

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Lowest trade value? I don't feel bad for the Rooney's, I never even implied that. I said that no one player is bigger than the team, and given the Rooney's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him. So you would keep a guy that continues to embarrass your company with stupid immature acts of selfishness?

Exactly why would another team pay a premium right now to get Big Ben given his actions in the past couple of months? That's why trading him at this point is beyond stupid..

plenewken
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM

4. For punitive damages.

OK, my bad. I read $440,000 somewhere. I'm not aware of the "$100K and I'll go away" episode.
I'm still at the NV Supreme Court to decide where the trial takes place.

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
nah he just jumped on the bandwagon after XL. he doesnt know the pain of the 80's!

So does it make you more special that you endured the 80's and he didnt'?

I don't get the point of ripping younger fans.. Not everyone can be born in 1975 and pick up the team during the mid 80's..

Note: I picked up the team during the last years of Noll.

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
OK, my bad. I read $440,000 somewhere. I'm not aware of the "$100K and I'll go away" episode.
I'm still at the NV Supreme Court to decide where the trial takes place.

Yeah, that was the rough number of what she was suing all parties for...there was never an actual number given for the punitive damages so she can just make any old number up for that.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
IF the Steelers would trade Ben Roethlisberger, I would be absolutely fine with it. I trust the judgment of the Rooney family, the only ownership group in the National Football League that can claim SIX Lombardi trophies.

I believe that no one player is bigger than the team. I do however believe that some players are more important to team success than others, Ben Roethlisberger being one of those players.

I think the silver lining in this for Ben Roethlisberger is that the DA in Georgia has decided not to charge him and that there has not been (and will not be, because if she wanted to she would have gone to the police already, she just wants $$$$$$) a criminal investigation in Nevada. For that, nobody can call him a criminal. A person with low morals, yeah. But that's not illegal and we've had other players who didn't have high morals on the team and they didn't get jettisoned. Not every player on a 53 man roster is going to be a choir boy.

smokin3000gt
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Tom Brady ripped my little sphincter!! SUSPEND HIM!!

SteelGhost
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
IF the Steelers would trade Ben Roethlisberger, I would be absolutely fine with it. I trust the judgment of the Rooney family, the only ownership group in the National Football League that can claim SIX Lombardi trophies.

I believe that no one player is bigger than the team. I do however believe that some players are more important to team success than others, Ben Roethlisberger being one of those players.

I think the silver lining in this for Ben Roethlisberger is that the DA in Georgia has decided not to charge him and that there has not been (and will not be, because if she wanted to she would have gone to the police already, she just wants $$$$$$) a criminal investigation in Nevada. For that, nobody can call him a criminal. A person with low morals, yeah. But that's not illegal and we've had other players who didn't have high morals on the team and they didn't get jettisoned. Not every player on a 53 man roster is going to be a choir boy.

That is absolutely correct :applaudit:

Can you imagine a locker room with 53 choir boys ? No way Josť :chuckle:

dave n'at
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I will be livid if the Steelers even consider trading Ben. Santonio is one thing, he was a super bowl MVP, a great player, all that, but wide recievers are a dime a dozen. Have all of you forgotten the hardships we endured at the QB position after Bradshaw was done? Like him or not, Big Ben is the best quarterback this franchise has ever had and it took almost 30 years to get someone of his caliber. Franchise QB's don't come along everyday, people. And you don't trade him when he hasn't been convicted guilty of anything other than poor judgement.

Harrison smacked around his wife and what did the Rooney's do? They gave him a lucrative contract extention.

Ben might've, possibly, could have, done something, but he hasn't been convicted of shit. Ever.

I'm not saying Ben's not a complete douchebag or what have you, give him a firm talking to, maybe a 2 game suspension tops. the fact of the matter is, having sex at a club isn't illegal. he made poor judgement. case closed.

BIGWILL90
04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Resurface the #8. Yeah give ol' Tommy Maddox a call, im sure he's not doing much right now. :sofunny:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 05:57 PM
the only trade i could be happy with is willie colon and big ben for aaron rodgers and their 1st round draft pick

Oh gross, make me barf why don't ya! Who would want old Aaron Rodgers anyway beside those cheese heads. Ben is a 200% better qb then Rodgers is and ever will be!

SteelerEmpire
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I would have to seriously question the Steeler front office if this went down... I would simply lose all confidence in the team...

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
One reason why I think the DA didn't press charges is because of the lack of credibility of the accuser.

She is 20 years old, in a bar, being served drinks by a bartender. She was carded, a bartender doesn't eff around, they card before they serve. Some bars are 21 and Up only. So knowing that she was carded, she must have been carrying a fake ID.

So she spent the night lying to different bartenders and Ben Roethlisberger who bought her alcohol. So there goes her credibility right there.

SteveS
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Count me as one who would be totally pissed off if we traded or got rid of Ben. For one, I think all of this has gone WAY to far.

Let's see the guy HAS been involved in 3 off field incidents, you can't deny that.

One was a motorcycle accident that was the other persons fault, and it isn't illegal in the state of PA to ride without a helmet on.

The second incident was a case of a money grubbing bimbo in Nevada serving him with a civil lawsuit for rape AN ENTIRE year after the alleged incident occurred and to this day has never filed anything with police on the matter. That on top of the fact that they have emails from her BRAGGING that she was going to have his baby and that she had "gotten with" Ben. There is no doubt in my mind, that this accusation is 100% and totally bogus.

Then there is this most recent incident. AT BEST the girl has a sketchy story. She was heavily intoxicated, has obviously used a fake ID to get into these bars, so she was no angel that night herself. First sher said he didn'r rape her, then she said he kind of did, etc. Her story kept changing. If she was so drunk that she can't say exactly what happened, why didn't she just tell the cops, what she thinks she remembered, but say "I was intoxicated so it was hard to remember" instead of changing her story?

QUite frankly, maybe its because I can sort of relate to his wild and crazy party side maybe. BUt come on, the guy is single and was out having fun. I have no problem with people getting a little nutty while out. He probably went a bit too far doing the girl in the restroom, but if thaT is the worst thing he has going against him, trading him ISN'T the answer, and the Rooneys are idiots if they do.

That being said....:tt02:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Resurface the #8. Yeah give ol' Tommy Maddox a call, im sure he's not doing much right now. :sofunny:

You really want us to go 0-15 don't you buddy, oh and its not even funny to bring Maddox into this.

steelerdude15
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
This is getting absolutely stupid. Who else is starting to believe this is all made up? The way everything is going, I'm starting to believe this is a false story of what happened. It seems that the truth will never come out. You hear one thing, then another, then another, and then another thing comes out. This is a giant mess. He was found innocent because there was simply not enough evidence to have him arrested. The more and more I read/study this topic, I feel that he's falsely accused. If they had sex or any other type of sex, they did and that's it. There are a world of possibilities. People might say bad things about him, but I couldn't see him raping any women. McNulty in Nevada is completely made up and there are facts that show it. As I said before, a fine yes, counseling maybe, a suspension is a little out of hand because he hasn't been convicted. If he is suspended; 2 to 4 games tops, anymore is redundant. Trading him away is also a stupid thing; if he was convicted and actually raped one of the two women, it's a different story. Then he should go to jail and suffer, but he has been found innocent in Georgia and I still believe it was consensual.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
I totally agree with you Steve S.

BIGWILL90
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
You really want us to go 0-15 don't you buddy, oh and its not even funny to bring Maddox into this.

Haha. Its Tommy fault if he never got hurt none of this would of happened lol. im kidding dude. But I bet he is putting on his jeresy and looking in the mirror saying i got one more season in me lol

Ricco Suavez
04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
One thing leaps out from this statement. They had unprotected sex yet not enough DNA was obtained. something not right.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Tommy getting hurt by the ratbirds was the best thing to happen the Steelers beside Ben being drafted!!!!

86WARD
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Would be an awful thing if they did trade him...worse than the Holmes deal...

NEPAsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
As Steelers fans, we must support whatever the front office decides to do. They must be doing something right. All they have to do is walk into the Steeler offices and see the 6 Lombardi's staring at them. Do I think trading Ben would be a big mistake? Yes. The guy's done a lot for this team.

If this is what the Rooneys feel is best for the Pittsburgh Steelers, then so be it.

stillers4me
04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
I dont' want to see Ben go anywhere. But sometimes I feel if there's ever going to be peace about this whole thing, he's going to have to go.

My biggest question is, why does everybody think it's ok for Ben and Santonio to play somewhere else, but not Pittsburgh?

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I conqure 86Ward, it would truly awful.

NEPAsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I dont' want to see Ben go anywhere. But sometimes I feel if there's ever going to be peace about this whole thing, he's going to have to go.

My biggest question is, why does everybody think it's ok for Ben and Santonio to play somewhere else, but not Pittsburgh?

I guess they figure "Their problem now. Not ours."

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
As Steelers fans, we must support whatever the front office decides to do. They must be doing something right. All they have to do is walk into the Steeler offices and see the 6 Lombardi's staring at them. Do I think trading Ben would be a big mistake? Yes. The guy's done a lot for this team.

If this is what the Rooneys feel is best for the Pittsburgh Steelers, then so be it.

Might as well be 4 because no way in hell do they win the last 2 without Ben. He's done way too much for this team to be let go because of ACCUSATIONS.

BIGWILL90
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Tommy getting hurt by the ratbirds was the best thing to happen the Steelers beside Ben being drafted!!!!

Damn straight. so lets not trade ben's ass and lets go play some football :tt04:

NEPAsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Might as well be 4 because no way in hell do they win the last 2 without Ben. He's done way too much for this team to be let go because of ACCUSATIONS.

Be for what, trading him? I never said that. All I said is that I'll support this team no matter what they decide to do.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Just becuse we are all die hard Steeler fans does not meen we have to support every desicion the front offices decides to do. If we don't agree with their desicion then so be it . We have every right to be mad about and voice are concerns/complaints about it.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Be for what, trading him? I never said that. All I said is that I'll support this team no matter what they decide to do.

Well, I said it in another thread...I just don't think I could support this team if Ben is traded because of these accusations. He's done way too much for this team and city to be let go without actually being charged of anything. I would take it as the ultimate slap in the face as a fan...that the Rooney's care more about their own squeaky clean image than what Ben has done for this team and the fans.

Oh, and I meant might as well be "4" trophies instead of 6.

NEPAsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Just becuse we are all die hard Steeler fans does not meen we have to support every desicion the front offices decides to do. If we don't agree with their desicion then so be it . We have every right to be mad about and voice are concerns/complaints about it.

I didn't mean "every decision". I was referring to the situation at hand. But what do I know. Everyone else is correct. :coffee:

scsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:45 PM

I don't think they will but if they do I would not stop being a Steelers fan. While I think Ben is the QB for the Steelers he has messed up his name pretty bad and he should be treated like other people in the league that get in trouble over and over again. I know I am going to get blasted for this but you can't pick and choose how you apply the rules to people that is where your problems begin.

NEPAsteeler
04-15-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't think they will but if they do I would not stop being a Steelers fan. While I think Ben is the QB for the Steelers he has messed up his name pretty bad and he should be treated like other people in the league that get in trouble over and over again. I know I am going to get blasted for this but you can't pick and choose how you apply the rules to people that is where your problems begin.

I agree 100%.

stillers4me
04-15-2010, 07:04 PM
One thing leaps out from this statement. They had unprotected sex yet not enough DNA was obtained. something not right.

They just extracted enough DNA from King Tut's mummy to determine who his parents were.

If there was not enough DNA on that girl, than there was no sex, no rape. Period.

pete74
04-15-2010, 07:05 PM
all you people who think the steelers wont trade ben are nuts. im not saying they will this offseason but i gurentee you that they will if someone offers a good enough deal.

AllD
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
If/when BB gets traded, then he is benched/suspended (1 yr)/hurt in two years.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Will all you morons stop saying they are going to trade Ben. You have no idea what you are talking about. With out Ben we suck and they know that.

delhess
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
:chuckle::chuckle:

http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com/media/2010/04/ben-roethlisberger-haircut-bp.jpg

is it an improvement?? i was sitting at a bar with my wife on monday, watching the "i'm sorry speech" being read, and i turned to my wife and said : "why didn't someone tell him to get a haircut?" it's about time. i would've guess he was trying to look the part of a guy who nails chicks against their consent in a bathroom.

do you like the new look?

BIGWILL90
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Will all you morons stop saying they are going to trade Ben. You have no idea what you are talking about. With out Ben we suck and they know that.

Losing Ben would be like losing Troy on our D. if not worse.

stillers4me
04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
:chuckle::chuckle:

http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com/media/2010/04/ben-roethlisberger-haircut-bp.jpg

is it an improvement?? i was sitting at a bar with my wife on monday, watching the "i'm sorry speech" being read, and i turned to my wife and said : "why didn't someone tell him to get a haircut?" it's about time. i would've guess he was trying to look the part of a guy who nails chicks against their consent in a bathroom.

do you like the new look?

I really couldn't care less about how he looks. The whole haircut thing is as stupid as making a big deal about his shirt.

pete74
04-15-2010, 07:24 PM

that dosnt matter. the stadium will still be full every sunday. its easy to say your favorite player wont get traded and i will be the 1st person to rub it in if he does but its a definate possibility. i dont want to lose him but the rooneys are worried about it happening again and his value being as high as holmes if so. also the rooneys dont like bad press incase you didnt know

PS
your the only moron here if you think there not considering it

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
He still looks like he wouldn't be able to run 30 yards for a score against the Browns.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah I'll admit he did look like a creepo with that disgusting mullet haircut.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't you dare call me a moron! They never said they where considering it and they never eluded that they where! I don't know where you idots get your info/rumors but they are not true. You guys need to shut your yaps and wait for the're offical desicion on the mater instead of jumping to conclusions.

pete74
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Don't you dare call me a moron! They never said they where considering it and they never eluded that they where! I don't know where you idots get your info/rumors but they are not true. You guys need to shut your yaps and wait for the're offical desicion on the mater instead of jumping to conclusions.

so your allowed to call numerous members here a moron but nobody can say it back to you? ok

pete74
04-15-2010, 07:43 PM

you need to shut your yap. you have no clue what your talking about and you obviously dont know how to conduct yourself either. this is a board of opinions not just yours.