PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Mock 4 Steelers

steelerdave1969
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Round 1
DT Dan Williams Tennessee 6' 2 327 lbs
The guy is a great NT prospect and the Steelers need depth there and a replacement for Casey Hampton in the next couple years and maybe he could even fill in at DE if need be.

Round 2 ( Steelers trade their 2nd and 5th round picks to Lions for their 2nd rounder)
C Maurkice Pouncey Florida 6'4 305 lbs
This guiy could finally bring back the pro bowl status to a used to be Steelers tradition.

Round 3
DB Brandon Ghee Wake Forest 5'11 192 lbs
This guy shows he can get the job done game after game. I think he would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

Round 4
WR Andre Roberts Citadel 5'11 195 lbs
This guy has great 4.4 speed and has pretty good hands and is also a Kick Returner as well. May be just a little early but the Steelers could also look at Jordan Shipley from Texas as well here.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Round 1
The guy is a great NT prospect and the Steelers need depth there and a replacement for Casey Hampton in the next couple years and maybe he could even fill in at DE if need be.

Round 2 ( Steelers trade their 2nd and 5th round picks to Lions for their 2nd rounder)
This guiy could finally bring back the pro bowl status to a used to be Steelers tradition.

Round 3
This guy shows he can get the job done game after game. I think he would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

Round 4
This guy has great 4.4 speed and has pretty good hands and is also a Kick Returner as well. May be just a little early but the Steelers could also look at Jordan Shipley from Texas as well here.

Glad to see someone else jumping on the Andre Roberts bandwagon!!!!! I seriously like this guy more than most of the 1-3 rounders!!! WR Taylor Price is another great pick if he is still on the board

Steely McSmash
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Solid.

my only question is how far up the 2nd can you get with a 5th round pick.

Sharkissle29
04-13-2010, 01:11 PM
someone needs to talk me into drafting ghee. i havnt seen anything from him that even warrants a 3rd round pick

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't think Williams is there when we take him, Pouncey will not be there in the second and McGee will probably be gone late second imo.

First 3 picks are a bit hmmm

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Round 1

Round 3

Round 4

Okay first, Dan Williams style doesn't fit the Steelers style, as does Pouncey. He is a finess blocker, and has no Power. Ghee has no hands whatsoever. He is good fundamentally, but won't be around in the 3rd I feel And the Roberts kid. He is actually moving up the charts for some reason. He has good hands yes. But is small, and very weak. Will get jammed badly in the pros. And has not done it against even average competition.

I respect your thoughts but, I would go more like this...

18) Brandon Graham ( Michigan ) I would love Earl Thomas, but I fear he won't last til 18 Graham is a beast. And Harrison is 33, and we need security.

52) Chris Cook ( Virginia )...a DB who is climbing up cause of his ball skills, and his heaight. If he is there, I think the Steelers might grab him. A sleeper might be D.Franks of Oklahoma as well.

82) Cam Thomas ( UNC ),,Yes, more defense:tt04:

116( JD Walton ( Baylor )..Now HE is the C for the Steelers. And not that wimp Pouncey. Walton has such a " Mean streak " in him, that he could just LOOK at Jack Lambert,,and make the boy Cry.

151) Anthony Dixon ( Mississippi St )...I was thinking Blount here. But how can our beloved Steelers take a " Character " like Blount ??? But Dixon has Jerome Bettis Power.

155) Clifton Geathers ( S.Carolina ) The steelers have shown alot of hidden Interest in this tall huge dude.

164) Emmanuel Sanders ( SMU )...Now HE is my WR sleeper, and not the Roberts kid. Sanders has torn it up at SMU, and has simular Santonio traits on the field.

166) CJ Wilson ( East Carolina ) Remember, we have TWO DE's that are getting up there in age. And even if Ziggy will replace one, we still need depth behind Geathers if he works out.

Anyways, those are MY picks through the first 5 rounds. Will probably be wrong on ALL of them. Oh well,,,Whatdoiknow ??

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
What's with your whatdoiknow????

You spewled crap about wallace, but as far as earl thomas i hope your right

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
What's with your whatdoiknow????

You spewled crap about wallace, but as far as earl thomas i hope your right

Wallace ? Wallace who ?

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
ok...

Burnell Micheal "Mike" Wallace III (born August 1, 1986 in New Orleans, Louisiana) is an American football wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Mississippi.

Wallace was born to parents Burnell and Sonjia Wallace in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended O. Perry Walker High School where he played football on both offense and defense. During his senior year, Wallace had 60 receptions for 1,039 yards and 19 touchdowns. He also returned four punts and four kickoffs for touchdowns. Wallace set the school records for total points and kick return touchdowns.

SuperPrep named him the 17th-ranked college prospect in the state of Louisiana. Wallace was also named the league MVP, district MVP, and All-West Bank MVP. He was also named an All-State, all-league, All-Metro, All-West Bank player.

In 2004, Wallace initially signed with Oregon State, but did not enroll in Oregon State University. In 2005, he enrolled at the University of Mississippi.

As a true freshman in 2005, Wallace played in 10 games. He returned four kickoffs for 48 yards against LSU. In 2006, he started all 12 games as a split end. He recorded two touchdown receptions to tie for first on the team. At Kentucky, he had two receptions for 65 yards. Against Wake Forest, he had two receptions for 36 yards. At Alabama, he had his first career touchdown on a 55-yard catch from Brent Schaeffer. Against Mississippi State, he had one catch for 38 yards.

In 2007, Wallace saw action in all 12 games with nine starts as a split end. He recorded 716 receiving yards and had two 100-yard games. He had seven catches of at least 40 yards and three of at least 50 yards. He ranked first in the Southeastern Conference (SEC) in yards per catch with 18.8. He was named third-team All-SEC.

In 2008, he played in six games where he recorded 39 receptions for 784 yards and seven touchdowns. He also had ten carries for 92 yards.[1] In the 2009 Cotton Bowl against Texas Tech, he caught a 41-yard touchdown pass from Jevan Snead.[2] Wallace participated in the 2009 Senior Bowl on the South team, as a replacement for a no-show wide receiver invitee.

At the NFL Scouting Combine, Wallace finished second overall in the 40-yard dash with an official 4.33-second time. This was the second fastest wide receiver time.

Wallace was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft with the 84th overall selection. Wallace was the 11th wide receiver chosen in the draft. On June 18, 2009, Wallace signed a three year contract with the Steelers worth $1.740 million which included a $555,000 signing bonus.

He achieved his first 100-yard receiving game against the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2009 season; he had 7 receptions for 102 yards. He has served as the team's third wide receiver behind Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes.

On December 20, he caught a game winning pass while falling out of bounds as time expired to defeat the Green Bay Packers, 37-36.[6] Wallace was the winner of the “Joe Greene Great Performance Award”, given to the outstanding Steelers’ rookie.

Following his promising rookie season and Santonio Holmes' trade to the New York Jets, it is believed Wallace will move up the depth chart in 2010 to take the #2 receiver spot behind Hines Ward.

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Ah, when did I ever spew BS about Wallace. In fact if you could research sites,,I WAS THE FIRST one ever to promote Wallace as a Steeler pick LONG before last years draft. Nobody here, or ANYWHERE knows more about Mike Wallace then I do. So you need to stop the 420 action.

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I heard that Wallace's agent might tell his client to sit out training camp to force the steelers into a new contract for the low paid 3rd rounder. Pro Football weekly stated that Wallace and his agent may be seeking a new, 5 year-57 million deal with 22 million signing bonus, or he might not report.

Just another reason why Holmes should not have been dealt for Nodda!!

You Heard Wrong

Oh wait you changed it from that Mike Wallace bullcrap, but at least i quoted it somewhere so i will go find.

Seriously what the hell was above, are you high on cocaine?

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Actually Pro Football weekly's show said that he has heard that Wallace might try to force Pittsburgh into a new deal. Cause he knows he will be a regular Important guy. I'm not saying Wallace is a Bum. I love the guy. Even if he doesn't turn into the STAR that we all hope.

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Im not saying you don't like him.

Im saying that 57 million year deal with a 22 million signing bonus is a joke.

wdsteel
04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
whatdoiknow joined in april 2010..wallace was drafted last year..so must have been under another name that you wanted Wallace.. i admite i didnt know him till after the draft..but since I've seen him play im all for him as a starter.

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
whatdoiknow joined in april 2010..wallace was drafted last year..so must have been under another name that you wanted Wallace.. i admite i didnt know him till after the draft..but since I've seen him play im all for him as a starter.

It was on another board sir. And I also don't put alot of stock into the numbers PFW was spewing. But I also do believe that Wallace's agent might try to leverage the team though. But we shall see.

PittdaBurgh56
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I dont think it would happen that he would want that much.

But it is very possible. Wallace knows he will be our second Wr this year and he knows the steelers are thin at Wr when they sent holmes to the jets...so if he wanted to get a pay day now would be his chance while hes ahead of thegame. But he has attend every offseason workout so i doubt he would.

steelerdave1969
04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
It was on another board sir. And I also don't put alot of stock into the numbers PFW was spewing. But I also do believe that Wallace's agent might try to leverage the team though. But we shall see.

Children, if your gonna argue over piitty little things like you 2 are doing, do it in or on someone else's thread. Those picks were my opinion and honestly look better that yours whatuknow.