PDA

View Full Version : The Sour Grapes have started. . .

boltsrus
02-06-2006, 01:17 AM
This guy doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about

http://www.kutv.com/ericbresee

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 01:30 AM
So there’s plenty of Seahawk blame to go around but it’d be foolish to think the love affair with J.B.’s Big Boy (a.k.a. Jerome Bettis) didn’t affect America view of the game.

Just cant lose w/ class can they!

Rust-Buster
02-06-2006, 01:42 AM
The Steelers kept to their game and didn't panic. They made the big plays when they needed too. The Seahawks did not. The Hawks will have alot to think about, but conspiracy theories don't win SuperBowls. You guys outplayed us on both sides of the ball.
Congrats.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 02:16 AM

http://www.kutv.com/ericbresee

So I guess they don`t believe in freedome of speach in Pittsburgh?
Get used to items like this. It`s what you get with a dirty win.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 02:18 AM
The Steelers kept to their game and didn't panic. They made the big plays when they needed too. The Seahawks did not. The Hawks will have alot to think about, but conspiracy theories don't win SuperBowls. You guys outplayed us on both sides of the ball.
Congrats.

No refs in your pocket win games for you don`t they.:blah: :blah:

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 02:19 AM

http://www.kutv.com/ericbreseeI will just say that we still had our chance referees nonwithstanding. We will see you in Miami so be ready!

Rotorhead
02-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, waaaaaaaaahhhhh, waaaaaahhhhaaahhhhh

You lost, deal with it. Get over it.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, waaaaaaaaahhhhh, waaaaaahhhhaaahhhhh

You lost, deal with it. Get over it.This is why I lose respect for certain posters, I never said we didn't lose but if you think I or the Seahawk Nation will ever get "used to it" as you say, well some things should be better left unsaid by myself and many others.

Not even entering in your past history which says to me and others that you didn't win your first Super Bowl until well after our first chance.....so it is all good that you are happy but lets not get arrogant in a game that wasn't "clear cut" by most people irregardless of Seahawk fans.

Rotorhead
02-06-2006, 03:46 AM
Hey Magic, maybe you shouldnt take everything people say as a personal attack to yourself (less stress that way), that post was actually directed towards Princess, and no I didnt feel like linking it.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Hey Magic, maybe you shouldnt take everything people say as a personal attack to yourself (less stress that way), that post was actually directed towards Princess, and no I didnt feel like linking it.
:redface: :redface: :redface: I try to link stuff here since it is an "enemy" forum sorry. And well my team is looking forward to a long hard year...

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 03:47 AM

The Refs are human dude. They can make mistakes. But it's your team?s job to overcome them.

Let's go looking at a 2004 game, shall we? Back in 2004, it was a Sunday Night game with the Steelers @ Jacksonville. We were on our big winning streak to go 15-1. But during that game, the Refs were trying to make us not win. They were calling penalties left and right against the Steelers and none against Jacksonville. The first penalty that got called against the Jags was late in the 3rd quarter. Then it was only 1 of 3 total I think against them when there had been several penalties that should have been called against them. Now, in that game, did the Steelers lie down and quit because the Refs were killing us with the yellow flags? NO!! We fought the refs and won the game fair and square. That's a classic game that shows you what you need to do to beat the refs at their own game and beat the team your playing against as well.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:53 AM
The Refs are human dude. They can make mistakes. But it's your team’s job to overcome them.

Let's go looking at a 2004 game, shall we? Back in 2004, it was a Sunday Night game with the Steelers @ Jacksonville. We were on our big winning streak to go 15-1. But during that game, the Refs were trying to make us not win. They were calling penalties left and right against the Steelers and none against Jacksonville. The first penalty that got called against the Jags was late in the 3rd quarter. Then it was only 1 of 3 total I think against them when there had been several penalties that should have been called against them. Now, in that game, did the Steelers lie down and quit because the Refs were killing us with the yellow flags? NO!! We fought the refs and won the game fair and square. That's a classic game that shows you what you need to do to beat the refs at their own game and beat the team your playing against as well.
The point is that the same thing happened to you guys in Indianapolis yet you overcame and we didn't, game over, wait until next year....I am just worried that we are the new Denver, Minnesota, Indianapolis...et al.

Norsideguy
02-06-2006, 03:54 AM

Why would a disagreement mean someone does not beleive in freedom of speech? Please point were boltsrus said that anyone should not have freedom of speech. Don't they beleive in basic education in Seattle?

Norsideguy
02-06-2006, 03:58 AM
The point is that the same thing happened to you guys in Indianapolis yet you overcame and we didn't, game over, wait until next year....

Props to you for sucking it up and saying this. Whether or not the calls were actually bad, the fact does remain that the Steelers won their most important game against a tough opponent and against bad calls. The best argument from the sour grapes people is that the game was poorly called. Even IF that argument is true, it still totaly fails to make the point that the seahawks are the better team.

Good luck next season, you guys have a hell of a football team.

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 04:02 AM
The point is that the same thing happened to you guys in Indianapolis yet you overcame and we didn't, game over, wait until next year

Yeah, that's the point. I just wanted to use a 2004 reference to make it. :busted:

But, your team fought a hard and tough game. I respect that. If we get back to the Superbowl next year and you guys as well, it should be another good game. :cool:

Rotorhead
02-06-2006, 04:10 AM
You have no reason to think your team will be a Min or Indy. It is obvious that they are the top of the NFC, and if they can keep SA on the roster and not get too badly hit by FA there is no reason to think (barring injuries of course) that you won't be like the Steelers and in the playoffs (at least) for the next several years. You have all the elements, just need to make a little adjustment here or there (I would start with your punter) to get over the edge. That and the experience you gained from these playoffs is invaluable for the younger guys.

Suitanim
02-06-2006, 07:13 AM

Squack whine squack cry squack refs squack cheat squack wah squack luck squak.

Squack squack squack.

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 07:17 AM

You have got to be kidding! Pittsburgh overcame quite possibly the worst officiated game in history in beating the Colts....the Seasquawks are just soft and couldn't get it done when they needed to. Maybe....just maybe....it was the countless drops (mostly by Stevens), poor clock management, and poor coaching that got them beat?

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 07:22 AM
A dirty win? Screw you!

The refs weren`t great, oh well when are they??? How about troy int, against the Colts? Great teams overcome them!

Imagine if we did play great, bottom line, we held the No1 offense to 10 points, that what it takes to win!

We had chances to put you away earlier, Ben missed Wilson wide open, and threw the pick. He was wide open, ben missed, oh well great teams over come that.

aphiz
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
"My all-time favorite musician, Prince making his first appearance on SNL since God knows when."

that was the cue to stopped reading that trash

Webfactor8
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
The game is over and the Steelers won. The penalties and calls were close, maybe pushed the line, but I agree with them. Not as a Steelers fans but as a person that believes in sportsmanship and the best team winning. The plays were close but if your sit down with your rule book and watch the flags they are right in essence.
If Jackson lightly contacts and pushes off then catches the ball it is pass interference. It doesn’t matter that he didn’t push him that hard. Watch the recording his push, changes the defenders momentum and frees him to catch the ball
Hasselbeck brushed a Lineman Steeler. Therefore it was an illegal block. It was not wrong. It was just very, very strict.
If you don't like the rules, lobby to have them changed. Until then wipe the spittle off your bellyaching chin and shut up.
I think Ben’s rush crossed the FN plane. It was replayed by the best refs in the world and I agree with them.
Even if the Seahawks did get those calls would game be any different? No one knows. And what about the bad calls against us?! There were 2 fumbles in the game ruled as incomplete passes.

But most important is this:
NO EXCUSES PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION
We took advantage of the opportunities given to us.
Pittsburgh Steelers World Champions