PDA

View Full Version : Boston Attorney Claims There Was A Third Incident

tube517
04-13-2010, 12:57 PM
http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/boston-attorney-says-he-investigated-another-roethlisberger-incident/

In another Roethlisberger bombshell, an attorney based in Boston claims that six months ago, he investigated a case in Las Vegas that was "absolutely identical" to the one in Georgia.

Said Harry Manion, of Boston law firm Cooley Manion Jones, on WEEI-AM’s The Dennis and Callahan Morning Show:

“Six months ago I was hired by a client of mine, a good friend, to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl’s story. The outcome was that the young woman did not want to proceed and we never took any action. There is a history here, and I can’t say any further, that is super troubled. Wow.”
UPDATE:

Here's the Mike Florio/PFT "legal" point of view on this story, as Florio says Manion has "placed himself at risk to a defamation claim by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled". Florio also adds that in pursuing such a case, Roethlisberger would open up his entire reputation to scrutiny, which hasn't worked out well for athletes such as Roger Clemens.

Steelers>NFL
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
WTF!!!

solardave
04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
:wink02:Funny we never heard about ths til now. Attorney for the lying biatch I'm sure. ( I may have been drunk but the BJ was his idea.Wheremymoney?)They will be coming out of the woodwork now.

I'm going to start selling the BB rape starter kit for women. It will include a sign saying "WILL BLOW Big Ben FOR CASH!!!!"

Stone
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
For what it's worth, the Boston attorney is a civil litigator:

"Harry L. Manion III is a founding partner in the Boston law firm of Cooley Manion Jones. Mr. Manion leads a team of 35 trial lawyers located in two branch offices (Boston and Providence) which handles complex civil and white collar criminal litigation throughout the United States."

So his client/friend ran to a civil attorney in Boston for an alleged assault that occurred in Vegas rather than contacting the police IN Vegas?

pete74
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
ho obviously hooked up with alot of girls at different clubs and now they all want some money. he definatly needs to change or he wont be playing football for long and will probably be locked up. he needs to realize that none of these beautiful girls think he is good looking, they only want his money like bradshaw said. im sorry but ben is by no means a good looking man. your going to get every girl he had a 1 nighter with come out now and try to get paid

+NuBbS+
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
ho obviously hooked up with alot of girls at different clubs and now they all want some money. he definatly needs to change or he wont be playing football for long and will probably be locked up. he needs to realize that none of these beautiful girls think he is good looking, they only want his money like bradshaw said. im sorry but ben is by no means a good looking man. your going to get every girl he had a 1 nighter with come out now and try to get paid

AGREED!!! :Thumbsup:

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Lol at Ben.

Stupid fool for not representing himself propery. Get's what he deserves

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Lord, will this EVER end!??? :banging:

Hines0wnz
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Ridiculous.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
The needle on my :bs: meter is way into the red on this one. :coffee:

pete74
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
everyone laughed at me when i said holmes would be gone and now he is. then i said ben would not be playing for us 2 years from now and everyone really laughed. how much more do you guys really think the team will take? i gurentee it wont be much and the main reason he isnt traded now is because his price tag is way to low after all this crap. it dosnt matter if he is guilty or not, the roonys will not stand for all this bad attention

Dino 6 Rings
04-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm actually surprised it took so long to start hearing about other alledged incidents.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 01:32 PM
:wink02:Funny we never heard about ths til now. Attorney for the lying biatch I'm sure. ( I may have been drunk but the BJ was his idea.Wheremymoney?)They will be coming out of the woodwork now.

I'm going to start selling the BB rape starter kit for women. It will include a sign saying "WILL BLOW Big Ben FOR CASH!!!!"

At some point, I would think Ben would file suit for libel....

smokin3000gt
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Lol at Ben.

Stupid fool for not representing himself propery. Get's what he deserves

Pretty easy to say when you've never been in any situation like his, eh? How can you control the crap that comes out of peoples mouths?

Steelers>NFL
He is too stupid and or guilty to a degree to do that!

pete74

he has to because every girl he banged in or outside a club is going to come out now. they all are seeing dollar signs

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Man,

Is this ever going to end?

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
ugh.....just more ammo for all the haters he's already made

can't say I didn't see this coming.....its now become the "trendy" thing to do, in piling on whatever negative you can on Ben

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
lol I still think all this crap is happening because of that fffing Madden Cover

Message to anyone in the Steelers Org, Stay away from that evil!!!!!!!!!!

steelreserve
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM

I'm not sure what good that would do him. All it would do is bring out the dirty details of his encounters. He DID admit that something happened with both horseface and the college chick, you know.

Dino 6 Rings
04-13-2010, 01:48 PM
At this point, any allegations from the past are mute and null and void as far as I'm concerned. He still has the McNulty deal he's working out, but he counter sued in that one and she seems a little crazy. Any other girls from before yesterday, are ShiiitOutOfLuck in my opinion.

However, if he so much as sneezes on a chick after yesterday, I want him traded.

And I love cheering for him in games (stop holding the ball so long Ben!) yet, if he doesn't change his behavior, I'd happily see him go for the betterment of the franchise, because in 15 years, when he's no longer playing in the NFL, I'll still be a Steelers fan. And the NATION is more important than any one player.

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I have been a Ben supporter the whole time. This notice of a third incident doesn't really surprise me, but I have a feeling the Rooney's won't like it too much.

I can garuntee, from here on out, if Ben makes one more mistake, he's gone. There is absolutely no way the Steelers would put up with this anymore.

Any mistake, DUI, positive drug test, anything, and the Rooney's will ship him to Oakland for a first round pick.

I'm sorry Ben, but you're on your last chance.

steelcity1974
04-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Ben needs to ignore this report, and any future report. If he comments on any of them or tries to sue it can only hurt him. Bottom line, no arrest or charges so he needs to just keep his head (both of them) down and move on.

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
:doh:

plenewken
04-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Not a chance.
IMO, based on recent history, it's not a matter of did it happen, it's a matter of how many times stuff like that happened. Tiger Woods might have found strong competition with Ben. The difference is Tiger hasn't been accused of sexual assault.

FantasyMan
04-13-2010, 02:07 PM

I would believe that it was some lying chick trying to get money, except for the fact that the lawyer is Harry Manion. Unfortunately, this one is probably true.

:mad:

steelreserve
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I have been a Ben supporter the whole time. This notice of a third incident doesn't really surprise me, but I have a feeling the Rooney's won't like it too much.

I can garuntee, from here on out, if Ben makes one more mistake, he's gone. There is absolutely no way the Steelers would put up with this anymore.

Any mistake, DUI, positive drug test, anything, and the Rooney's will ship him to Oakland for a first round pick.

Don't you mean four or five first-round picks? This is the Raiders we're talking about. They give out draft picks like candy.

I just hope that part of the deal isn't that we have to take JaMarcus Russell. If he even got off the plane, he could make the whole city suck.

plenewken
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM

If this is indeed true and confirmed, this is the 3rd incident and to me, it means the Rooneys will send Ben packing. Mark my words. No need for a 4th one.
By the way, I don't give a f*ck about Ben, one way or another. I'm a Steelers fan and the team is more important to me than any individual player. Ben can be replaced, no question.

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I say Ben should hold a press conference and say he is a " Sex Addict " Hey C'mon, it worked for Tiger Woods :-)

shevdog
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
*shakes head at all of this* :(

KeiselPower99
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Way to go Ben. Your sex life is now gone. 6 months ago huh? Where was the media on this one? Total BS.

plenewken
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
I say Ben should hold a press conference and say he is a " Sex Addict " Hey C'mon, it worked for Tiger Woods :-)

Tiger hasn't been accused by anyone. BIG difference. Plus, do you imagine Ben responding live to an army of journalists like Tiger did?
Best he can do is read a statement someone prepared for him. Let's be real here. It'd be lethal for Ben, no less.
The Steelers didn't allow his statement to be aired live last night. What does that tell you?

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Tiger read from a statement he had nothing to do with writing. I mean I know Tiger,,and he is as dumb as they come.

plenewken
04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Tiger read from a statement he had nothing to do with writing. I mean I know Tiger,,and he is as dumb as they come.

You must have missed his press conference at the Masters cause he never read anything and the guy is extremely articulate.
As for your "as dumb as they come" comment, I'd take 25% of Tiger's IQ against 100% of Ben's anyday.

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377930-third-big-ben-blunder

in this article, it says the lawyer was paid "hush money" by ben to keep it quiet

jeez

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM

how do you know tiger when your name is "whatdoiknow"? :flap:

Prok
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I wasn't gonna even post in this thread. We have all heard all we needed to hear and we're all aware Ben WILL be earning trust back or else. Why ppl wanna keep sensationalizing and piling on this is way beyond me.

I'm expecting an attorney from cleveland cincy or baltimore to step up next with accusations.

Oh, and this guy decided to wait this long to go public with this?

Edman
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, here we go again. Where was this douchebag until now?

Anyway, I think our good friend Ben is finished.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 03:34 PM

in this article, it says the lawyer was paid "hush money" by ben to keep it quiet

jeez

I boinked Jessica Alba and Megan Fox last night too. :coffee:

Isn't a "lawyer" taking hush money to keep a crime under wraps and acknowledging it publicly grounds for disbarment? :scratchchin:

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I boinked Jessica Alba and Megan Fox last night too. :coffee:

Isn't a "lawyer" taking hush money to keep a crime under wraps and acknowledging it publicly grounds for disbarment? :scratchchin:

Yeah, I was under the impression that hush money was intended to hush. Well, that's what the news article said.

:banging::banging::banging:

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I was under the impression that hush money was intended to hush. Well, that's what the news article said.

:banging::banging::banging:

Sorry, any lawyer worth their salt is not going to stick their own neck out and risk being disbarred by publicly acknowledging taking a bribe. This "story" is a crock o' shit.

seven86
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Looks like someone is now worried about a defamation suit.

http://audio.weei.com/m/30281933/harry-manion-partner-cooley-manion-jones.htm

Tue, 13 Apr 2010

Manion joins D&C to break some news on the Ben Roethlisberger case. Mr. Manion has no comments to add to those he made on the Dennis & Callahan radio show this morning regarding his brief involvement in a matter concerning Mr. Roethlisberger, which he disclosed prior to providing his legal analysis of the Georgia investigation as a legal commentator for WEEI, except to clarify by saying that the only similarities between the two situations of which Mr. Manion is aware is that they both involve a young woman and a nightclub. Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior. All other information, apart from Mr. Manion being retained, is confidential.

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Looks like someone is now worried about a defamation suit.

http://audio.weei.com/m/30281933/harry-manion-partner-cooley-manion-jones.htm

Tue, 13 Apr 2010

Manion joins D&C to break some news on the Ben Roethlisberger case. Mr. Manion has no comments to add to those he made on the Dennis & Callahan radio show this morning regarding his brief involvement in a matter concerning Mr. Roethlisberger, which he disclosed prior to providing his legal analysis of the Georgia investigation as a legal commentator for WEEI, except to clarify by saying that the only similarities between the two situations of which Mr. Manion is aware is that they both involve a young woman and a nightclub. Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior. All other information, apart from Mr. Manion being retained, is confidential.

Any idea why ESPN hasn't broken the news yet? I've known about it since 12:30 and I've been fearfully watching ESPNEWS since.

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
He better backtrack - sue his ass Ben.

All you gullible guppies will believe anything you read.

pete74
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry, any lawyer worth their salt is not going to stick their own neck out and risk being disbarred by publicly acknowledging taking a bribe. This "story" is a crock o' shit.

if i read it correct he didnt say he or anyone he knew collected hush money. he used it as an example because people are figuring ben paid the girl in georgia

Michael Keller
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Can"t you guys see it Ben is the problem not the attorney, not the suugested tramps trying to get into his pocket, not Tiger in this case. Ben is the problem. If you don't think Ben is the problem how inthe hell is Ben ever going to conclude HE IS THE PROBLEM.

It is called rationalizing or in short not wanting to deal with the obvious truth. Ben needs to admit he has a problem and imediately begin to fix ir or find another place to play football. Somebody will take him.

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
if i read it correct he didnt say he or anyone he knew collected hush money. he used it as an example because people are figuring ben paid the girl in georgia

"Manion also says he was paid what he called "hush money" by Roethlisberger to keep the whole thing quiet."

from the bleacherreport.com

pete74
04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
i didnt see that one. if you dont mind can you copy and paste it here because if he did say that then he is the dumbest lawyer in this country

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I still don't get it..and with all do respect guys.

If you had two super bowl rings, and was one of the best QB's in the NFL and making over a hundred million, why would you even waste time in these sort of places?

I mean, hell, look at Tom Brady, I know you guys hate his guts, bur he's been with super models, you're telling me Ben couldn't do the same if he truly desired?

steelreserve

Yeah, like most people who went to Stanford, where they turn football and basketball players down for admission if they wouldn't have gotten in on their own. I guess the golf team is the one they're willing to bend the rules for.

Sorry to say it, but even if he's reading a prepared statement, Ben does not look very good. When he talks candidly, like in postgame interviews, he has some faux-ghetto style that makes him come off as just marginally passable too. That would not go well.

wiz1120
Is There A Third Big Ben Blunder To Be Uncovered?
by David Matuszak Contributor Written on April 13, 2010

Well, if there is any truth to what came out of TMZ and profootballtalk.com this afternoon, it could spell disaster for two-time Super Bowl Champion Ben Roethlisberger.

News came around, and is still slowly making its way through various media sources, that Ben was involved in another incident in a Las Vegas night club. Attorney Harry Manion told a talk show in Boston that the circumstances surrounding the case are "absolutely identical" to those out of Georgia, where Roethlisberger was acquitted of all charges.

Manion also says he was paid what he called "hush money" by Roethlisberger to keep the whole thing quiet.

If there is any truth behind this, the Steelers' quarterback could have a bumpier ride ahead of him than he does now.

xbroughneck
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM

If you had two super bowl rings, and was one of the best QB's in the NFL and making over a hundred million, why would you even waste time in these sort of places?

I mean, hell, look at Tom Brady, I know you guys hate his guts, bur he's been with super models, you're telling me Ben couldn't do the same if he truly desired?

You musta missed Terry Bradshaw who broke it down. Both he and Ben aren't cute enough to get super models without having the money. LOL.

Seriously though..Tom Brady is a good looking guy.

Ben...not so much.

Steelers>NFL
04-13-2010, 04:04 PM

Because this is the only way he can get a"head".
He looks too much like sasquatch.

GodfatherofSoul
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Translation: I have no evidence that he committed a crime, but some girl told me he did and now I'm mad that there won't be a big "Gloria Alred" shut-up money payday for me and my client. So, I'm going to still sling some mud in frustration.

seven86
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Yes, be like Tom Brady, knock them up then dump them. Great morals there.

pete74
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes, be like Tom Brady, knock them up then dump them. Great morals there.

half the country are divorced or having children before marrige

scsteeler
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I guess every woman that Ben may have even bumped into while being out will want to file a lawsuit now.

plenewken
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
half the country are divorced or having children before marrige

Number 1 cause for divorce is marriage. lol

pete74
04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Is There A Third Big Ben Blunder To Be Uncovered?
by David Matuszak Contributor Written on April 13, 2010

Well, if there is any truth to what came out of TMZ and profootballtalk.com this afternoon, it could spell disaster for two-time Super Bowl Champion Ben Roethlisberger.

News came around, and is still slowly making its way through various media sources, that Ben was involved in another incident in a Las Vegas night club. Attorney Harry Manion told a talk show in Boston that the circumstances surrounding the case are "absolutely identical" to those out of Georgia, where Roethlisberger was acquitted of all charges.

Manion also says he was paid what he called "hush money" by Roethlisberger to keep the whole thing quiet.

If there is any truth behind this, the Steelers' quarterback could have a bumpier ride ahead of him than he does now.

i think you have a misprint because i searched 6 other sites and all get this: which dosnt say he excepted money

Manion said this latest incident should be the wakeup call that finally gets Roethlisberger to clean up his act. “Unless he’s totally brain dead — and we don’t know — he would be scared,” Manion said. “Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There’s a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there’s only so far that he said/she said will get you. There’s only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there’s only so far that, ‘Gee, we’re celebrities, we have a target on our back,’ will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously …”

Added Manion: “It’s the scene that he’s gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it’s hurting him. He’s hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God’s going to come down on him, if there is a next one.”

Shoes
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I guess every woman that Ben may have even bumped into while being out will want to file a lawsuit now.

He better buy some land in Italy and plant garlic in the off season. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Suck it haters

Lawyer backs off on allegations of other Roethlisberger incidents

Lawyer says client made Roethlisberger allegation
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A Boston lawyer with Pittsburgh ties today revealed that he was hired to investigate allegations about an encounter a 26-year-old woman had with Ben Roethlisberger.

"Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine, a close friend, to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story. And the outcome was the young woman did not want to proceed and we dropped it and never took any action," Harry L. Manion III said during an interview with a Boston radio talk show.

But contrary to the impresson left by the radio interview that there might have been an allegation of illegal sexual contact, Mr. Manion clarified his statements later in the day.

"There's no allegation. We don't know what happened," Mr. Manion said in an interview with the Post-Gazette.

A subsequent e-mail from his office stated: "Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior."

Stone
04-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Boston Attorney changes tune....

From the New England Sports Network a few minutes ago:

Boston Lawyer Harry Manion Clarifies Statements About Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger avoided charges in Georgia on Monday, but a Boston lawyer opened up a whole new can of worms Tuesday.

The lawyer, Harry Manion, called into WEEI's Dennis and Callahan Show and said that he was hired to investigate allegations that the quarterback was involved in a situation "in a Las Vegas nightclub that [was] absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story."

"There is a history here -- and I can't say any further because we never proceeded with it -- but there is a history here that is just super troubling," Manion, a partner at Cooley Manion Jones LLP, told WEEI.

Later in the day, however, Manion clarified his statements, saying that "the only similarities between the two situations ... is that they both involve a young woman and a nightclub."

"Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior," the statement said. "All other information, apart from Mr. Manion being retained, is confidential."

The added allegations come just one day after the district attorney in Milledgeville, Ga., determined that there would be no charges filed against Roethlisberger for sexual assault.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/boston-lawyer-harry-manion-creates-more-ben-roethlisberger-controversy.html

Oops...sorry Killer...I didn't see you had another version ahead of mine!

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2010, 05:33 PM
The shyster should have kept his mouth shut. :doh:

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Suck it haters

Lawyer says client made Roethlisberger allegation
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A Boston lawyer with Pittsburgh ties today revealed that he was hired to investigate allegations about an encounter a 26-year-old woman had with Ben Roethlisberger.

"Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine, a close friend, to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story. And the outcome was the young woman did not want to proceed and we dropped it and never took any action," Harry L. Manion III said during an interview with a Boston radio talk show.

But contrary to the impresson left by the radio interview that there might have been an allegation of illegal sexual contact, Mr. Manion clarified his statements later in the day.

"There's no allegation. We don't know what happened," Mr. Manion said in an interview with the Post-Gazette.

A subsequent e-mail from his office stated: "Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior."

If I'm Ben, I'm filing suit against this asshole tomorrow.

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah - I agree.

Sue his ass off.

IF he doesn't - Ben won't be able to take a piss in a public restaurant without chicks following him in everytime, looking for a payday.

Shoes
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
The guy is probably related to Florio :chuckle:

stillers4me
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
But did Florio print the retraction? I'm so pissed at that site I can't even go there.

I won't matter if he did...the lynch mob on that site won't believe it anyway.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Can"t you guys see it Ben is the problem not the attorney, not the suugested tramps trying to get into his pocket, not Tiger in this case. Ben is the problem. If you don't think Ben is the problem how inthe hell is Ben ever going to conclude HE IS THE PROBLEM.

It is called rationalizing or in short not wanting to deal with the obvious truth. Ben needs to admit he has a problem and imediately begin to fix ir or find another place to play football. Somebody will take him.

Careful, that kind of post will get you in serious trouble around here.

See, around here, any woman who says anything bad about a Steelers player is a bit tch, Wh0re, sl ut, or tram p. Their just money grubbing hoes (even though no one has ever met them or knows anything about them).

Of course, the more that come out about Ben, the more it just confirms that all women who Ben is with are money grubbers.

Shoes
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
But did Florio print the retraction? I'm so pissed at that site I can't even go there.

I won't matter if he did...the lynch mob on that site won't believe it anyway.

He did......I'll paste it here so you don't have to go there.....:chuckle:

Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 5:15 PM ET
Earlier today, a Boston attorney claimed that he investigated six months ago claims against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Las Vegas that were "absolutely identical" to the Georgia allegations that recently were resolved via an announcement that there will be no prosecution. Harry Manion also indicated in an appearance on WEEI that there were others, too.

"There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience," Manion said. "And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid."

Now, Manion is singing a different tune. It started with an e-mail from Manion's office to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior."

Sure, maybe he didn't mean to express or imply anything. But he sure as hell did.

Manion later elaborated directly. "I don't have any details at all," Manion told the Post-Gazette. "I was retained by a family. It went nowhere. I have no specifics. All I know is it involved an evening with Ben Roethlisberger, and I never got any of the details. I offered it [on the radio show] only because it was such a similar situation -- a young woman at a nightclub asked, invited into a VIP area."

In other words, even guys with advanced degrees aren't immune from the misguided belief that the words uttered on a radio show evaporate permanently into the ether, never to be heard from again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/lawyer-backs-off-on-allegations-of-other-roethlisberger-incidents/

zulater
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
If I'm Ben, I'm filing suit against this asshole tomorrow.

Two things.

When I first heard about this I said it was a non starter. The lawyer who brought this up is doing nothing other than repeating heresay. If in fact there's some elements of truth to it he's walking on the edge of breach of lawyer- client priveledge and could be called up before the bar for disiplinary action as a result. Thus his about face later in the day.

If I'm Ben, regardless of what is or isn't true I let this die it's own death, which it inevitiably will. Ben's got enough to worry about without pursueing legal action that could potentially come back and bite him in the ass.

Everyone pretty much knows Ben is a puke, but he's not a felon. Best to just ride out these last few waves and see where you wash up in the end.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Two things.

When I first heard about this I said it was a non starter. The lawyer who brought this up is doing nothing other than repeating heresay. If in fact there's some elements of truth to it he's walking on the edge of breach of lawyer- client priveledge and could be called up before the bar for disiplinary action as a result. Thus his about face later in the day.

If I'm Ben, regardless of what is or isn't true I let this die it's own death, which it inevitiably will. Ben's got enough to worry about without pursueing legal action that could potentially come back and bite him in the ass.

Everyone pretty much knows Ben is a puke, but he's not a felon. Best to just ride out these last few waves and see where you wash up in the end.

Yeah, after all, it's only slander.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
At this point, Roethlisberger should just let it go. He has no reputation left to defend.

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
At least tiger is still in the lead

zulater
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah, after all, it's only slander.

Actually the one that would have the best chance to sue the schmuck lawyer is the family or whoever it was that contacted him. He violated their trust by going public with their case, even if he didn't mention them by name. You don't think people are going to start digging now, that their privacy could be invaded on a matter they chose not to pursue?

Ben needs to leave this smoldering mess alone imo and I belive he'll be advised to do so by his lawyers.

But then again maybe I'm wrong? :noidea:

Just offering an opinion. :wave:

zulater
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
At this point, Roethlisberger should just let it go. He has no reputation left to defend.

Bingo!

Kinda like Lidsay Lohan sueing over that commercial that depicts her as a drunken ****. "Milkawhat?" :sofunny:

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Funny how the majority of negative stories like these during the off season only circulate around Steelers and no other teams. Plus, using the Tiger Woods angle for a sec:

How does cheating on your wife or hooking up with lots of women affect the person's talent at the game they play? Personally, I don't give a shit who does who, who cheats on who. I watch the game to see the players play. If they want to be a douche off the field, at least have some discretion about it.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Actually the one that would have the best chance to sue the schmuck lawyer is the family or whoever it was that contacted him. He violated their trust by going public with their case, even if he didn't mention them by name. You don't think people are going to start digging now, that their privacy could be invaded on a matter they chose not to pursue?

Ben needs to leave this smoldering mess alone imo and I belive he'll be advised to do so by his lawyers.

Bingo.

Right Now, Ben needs to just have two or three offseasons without any drama.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Bingo!

Kinda like Lidsay Lohan sueing over that commercial that depicts her as a drunken ****. "Milkawhat?" :sofunny:

Xddu_77vygE

Gnutella
Bingo.

Right Now, Ben needs to just have two or three offseasons without any drama.

No, he needs to have five consecutive drama-free off-seasons. He might even get another contract extension if he does.

wiz1120
It's good to hear that this isn't going anywhere. What a relief.

My only question is that why would the lawyer be so vague, and even say something like that if he didn't want to imply anything?

Needless to say, he was quick to make sure this didn't go anywhere.

Ricco Suavez
04-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Bens reputation is shot to hell on the Steeler board by people who should be supporting him until he has been proven to have done something. I have read so much crap about his off season dramas and how he should know better. What you don't read is he has never had so much as a ticket.

When you have his kind of money he will always be a target and we as fans want to hold him to some kind of higher level when in reality he is just a man. Was it his fault some women hits him when he had his accident , by all accounts he was not doing anything reckless other than riding without a helmet. I ride a bike myself and while I always wear one but I know others that would not if legal. The lids they wear are basically worthless anyway.

I hear he drinks too much because of some pictures and stories of barhopping but we do not know the extent of these allegations, these could very well be isolated instances.This last one was his birthday, how many of you have never tied one on celebrating your birthday. I bet if you knew the truth about alcohol in the NFL the coaches and the upper brass were more likely to have a problem than the players.

He was never charged with the girl in Nevada, have you guys already forgotten the e-mails and testimony from her friends, this girl seems to have had an agenda from the get go. She never filed a criminal charge only civil, smells like money. This last girl could very well be a mixed up person or she could be the most cunning of all, she has seen how the other girl is appearing and this could be her play at money also. As far as her being twenty ,she was in a bar using an illegal ID. This is the bars responsibility not Bens. College co-eds out with a twenty-eight year old wow how outrageous(sarcasm)

Finally this little fact remains Ben has never been arrested, never failed a drug test, and he could very well be the biggest asshole, biggest douche, a real creep, BUT he is still innocent until proven guilty. For that reason alone he should not be suspended by the NFL. If the Rooneys want to teach him a lesson and protect their investment then they will do what they want. But this witch hunt, trade talk, I am through with Ben is enough already, and I for one am sick of our fans who are calling for his head now and later will be cheering his plays in the field.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I never said Roethlisberger needed to be traded, nor do I believe he's guilty of a crime. The D.A.'s report is all I needed to hear. With that said, you don't need to commit a crime to embarrass yourself, your team, the city, your fans, or the league.

steelerdude15
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I haven't heard of this... this has to be BS story. It would have had to been in the news, a high profile QB, it would be in the news.

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
:applaudit: Ricco :applaudit: You would do a great job as a journalist, I agree 100% :hatsoff:

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 06:36 PM

Good points. I was just pissed at Manion, more than anything. :drink:

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Some people live in such a fantasy world that they'll say anything to try and ruin the Steelers because they can't accept the fact that we have 6 rings and they don't! :chuckle:

steelerdude15
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Bens reputation is shot to hell on the Steeler board by people who should be supporting him until he has been proven to have done something. I have read so much crap about his off season dramas and how he should know better. What you don't read is he has never had so much as a ticket.

When you have his kind of money he will always be a target and we as fans want to hold him to some kind of higher level when in reality he is just a man. Was it his fault some women hits him when he had his accident , by all accounts he was not doing anything reckless other than riding without a helmet. I ride a bike myself and while I always wear one but I know others that would not if legal. The lids they wear are basically worthless anyway.

I hear he drinks too much because of some pictures and stories of barhopping but we do not know the extent of these allegations, these could very well be isolated instances.This last one was his birthday, how many of you have never tied one on celebrating your birthday. I bet if you knew the truth about alcohol in the NFL the coaches and the upper brass were more likely to have a problem than the players.

He was never charged with the girl in Nevada, have you guys already forgotten the e-mails and testimony from her friends, this girl seems to have had an agenda from the get go. She never filed a criminal charge only civil, smells like money. This last girl could very well be a mixed up person or she could be the most cunning of all, she has seen how the other girl is appearing and this could be her play at money also. As far as her being twenty ,she was in a bar using an illegal ID. This is the bars responsibility not Bens. College co-eds out with a twenty-eight year old wow how outrageous(sarcasm)

Finally this little fact remains Ben has never been arrested, never failed a drug test, and he could very well be the biggest asshole, biggest douche, a real creep, BUT he is still innocent until proven guilty. For that reason alone he should not be suspended by the NFL. If the Rooneys want to teach him a lesson and protect their investment then they will do what they want. But this witch hunt, trade talk, I am through with Ben is enough already, and I for one am sick of our fans who are calling for his head now and later will be cheering his plays in the field.
Very very good post. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty, but many people don't. People automatically assume guilty until proven innocent. He probably will face a suspension which I don't like because he didn't do anything, he can screw all the women he wants, who cares? As long as he's using protection and not having a kid with every woman, who cares. No one ever says anything about all the Olympians having sex, they supply them with so many condems and they use about ninety percent of them. I still think he's innocent and as I've said before, there's a world of possibilities that could have happened.

arge5809
04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Bens reputation is shot to hell on the Steeler board by people who should be supporting him until he has been proven to have done something. I have read so much crap about his off season dramas and how he should know better. What you don't read is he has never had so much as a ticket. He did receive two tickets for driving a motorcycle without proper license and for not wearing a helmet after the crash.

:iagree:

Godfather
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
This time the accuser isn't even a victim...it's an ambulance chaser claiming to represent a victim.

Chidi29
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
And let the backpedaling begin....

"I don't have any details at all," Manion said Tuesday. "I was retained by a family. It went nowhere. I have no specifics. All I know is it involved an evening with Ben Roethlisberger, and I never got any of the details."

86WARD
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Attorney already "changed his mind."

Link (http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/128103-boston-attorney-has-clarified-statements-about-steelers.html)

ysgi
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Very well said. I tried to say the same, but it came across much more vulgar.

Damn Bandwagoners.

-ysgi

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Will people quit reading PFT?!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
who knows if these women are telling the truth or just looking for money. Amazing that there have been no convictions or evidence...makes u wonder....must just be bad luck for ben and him in the wrong spot if that is fair to say

FloridaDawg
04-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Some people live in such a fantasy world that they'll say anything to try and ruin the Steelers because they can't accept the fact that we have 6 rings and they don't! :chuckle:

Don't be delusional. This has nothing to do with how successful a particular franchise is. Matt Lienart got a lot of crap thrown his way for drinking with some girls. Gilbert Arenas is on a horrible team and and his incident got a lot of exposure. The point is, their is no big conspiracy against "Big" Ben because he plays on a franchise with success. What he was accused with on TWO separate occasions was a horrible, creepy, disgusting, crime. I'm sure if that happened to Brady Quinn when he was on the Browns this would be getting a lot of news. And it would not be because the Browns have 6 rings.

Wake the F up. :banging:

Steely McSmash
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I would think that Lady who hired him might have cause to go after the lawyer for airing her details on the air.

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
The needle on my :bs: meter is way into the red on this one. :coffee:

Mine's on TILT. The fecal odor from this one can be smelled a mile away.

I just realized - Ben has the same initials as Bar Rat. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow......they will be coming out of the woodwork.

I wouldn't believe anything coming out of the mouth of a lawyer, because 90% of what comes out of a lawyer's mouth is a lie....especially one that specifies in civil suits.

I think Ben needs to put himself on home confinement, especially until the McNulty case is cleared up. While I doubt that a judge will allow this most recent case to be used in trial (if it gets that far), it would damn sure be on the minds of the jury. Honestly, after this incident, it would be almost impossible to get a jury of 12 men and women who don't already have a preconceived notion that Ben Roethlisberger is a rapist....even though there is not one shred of evidence to prove it.

zulater
04-14-2010, 12:10 AM
What pisses me off is that nwspapers wont publish the name of alleged victims of sexual assualt, even if in time they're charges are proven false.

But then they don't hesitate to print this non story despite the fact that no charges were ever pursued nor was any civil action filed. So essentially you can claim anything you want about anyone you want, and as long as you aren't the girl we'll publish the charges no matter how little substance is behind them.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 12:17 AM
What pisses me off is that nwspapers wont publish the name of alleged victims of sexual assualt, even if in time they're charges are proven false.

But then they don't hesitate to print this non story despite the fact that no charges were ever pursued nor was any civil action filed. So essentially you can claim anything you want about anyone you want, and as long as you aren't the girl we'll publish the charges no matter how little substance is behind them.

I'm broke till I get paid Friday....I am going to the Cleveland Plain Dealer tomorrow and saying Ben Roethlisberger raped me! (SARCASM IN THIS POST, PLEASE DO NOT FLAME!)

wdsteel
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
:ttiwwp: