PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben trade rumor?

Pentheon
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I just saw on the news that the rams are looking to trade their 1st round pick this year and next year for big ben.

I don't want to see him go but now a 3rd girl is coming out?

I dunno what to think :noidea:

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I just saw on the news that the rams are looking to trade their 1st round pick this year and next year for big ben.

there is no 3rd girl coming out and hes not being traded to the rams.

Tone's Toes
04-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Damn Ed Bouchette!

BlastFurnace
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
The lawyer for the 3rd girl is already backing off his claim www.profootballtalk.com

Ben isn't going anywhere and we should all hope he doesn't either.

vasteeler
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
:doh:

PhantomJB93
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I can guarantee you we don't trade him unless there are any more off the field problems, in fact I think a big part of trading Santonio was to send the message to the face of our franchise that we aren't taking his $hit anymore and aren't afraid to trade him if he gets a "strike three", more-so than just trying to get him off the team for his own problems.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM

:toofunny:

Merchant
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Ben ain't going nowhere, don't care how many 1st round picks other teams offer. Let's take a look at the top QBs drafted in the 1st round of the past couple of drafts and compare them to Ben: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler. Gimme all those guys combined and I still wouldn't trade Ben.. that's how good he is. And it seems like many people are starting to forget that.

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
:kick:

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Mike Florio should just keep his mouth shut.

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Ben ain't going nowhere, don't care how many 1st round picks other teams offer. Let's take a look at the top QBs drafted in the 1st round of the past couple of drafts and compare them to Ben: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler. Gimme all those guys combined and I still wouldn't trade Ben.. that's how good he is. And it seems like many people are starting to forget that.

Yep, Ben's too good to be traded, even though Peyton and Marsha are considered better (passers) than Ben by many people, BB is a better QB overall in my book, But let's leave the decision to the FO, they know better than us :wink:

Nadroj 20
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
This rumor is :bs:

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
There is no Ben to the Rams rumor ANYWHERE out there. This is just a made-up fantasy in the thread starters mind.

steveironcity
04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
There is no Ben to the Rams rumor ANYWHERE out there. This is just a made-up fantasy in the thread starters mind.

It was reported on WPXI channel 11... That is somewhere. The thread author did not make it up

SteelCityMom
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM

It was on the local news tonight...nobody here just made this up.

Other rumors circulating on the Internet, according to Fedko, is that the St. Louis Rams offered the Steelers this year's first overall draft pick and a No. 1 pick next year for Roethlisberger.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/23136434/detail.html

steveironcity
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Nevermind. Link was already posted

PhantomJB93
04-13-2010, 06:49 PM

To be fair, a lot of those guys haven't been given enough time to prove themselves. Obviously some of the guys you listed arent going anywhere (Jamarcus, Cutler) but others havent been given a fair opportunity or placed in as good a position as Ben initially was, I think Stafford in particular will wind up top ten once he gets an O-line...

steelerdude15
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
:trash::trash::trash::trash::trash::trash::trash:

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Well fine. But that TV station is clueless. I mean Chicago had to give 2 1st rounders, a 3rd and a 5th, and a future 2nd rounder AND their starting QB just to get Jay Cutler. And is there ANYONE here who thinks Cutler has even one skill better than Ben ? Cutler has never won anything. Never played in ONE playoff game. Has never thrown for more Yds then Ben in a season, more TD's, nor a better completion percentage ect.

If Ben were dealt, it would take at least 4 1st rounders in back to back years. As well as multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders for 3 years, and ANY 2 players on whatever team for Pittsburgh to even CONSIDER IT. Oh wait, I forgot, we have the " Stupid Master " Kevin Colbert. I guess that means Ben will be shipped to Carolina for a 7th rounder, and a roll of Carolina Tobacco :-)

tony hipchest
04-13-2010, 07:01 PM
of course the rams want ben. he is better and cheaper than anyone they select #1.

i dont want the 1st pick in the draft. now the rams second pick sure would be nice.

steveironcity
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
of course the rams want ben. he is better and cheaper than anyone they select #1.

i dont want the 1st pick in the draft. now the rams second pick sure would be nice.

M. Stafford plays for the Lions

SteelerFanInStl
04-13-2010, 07:15 PM
I live in St. Louis and haven't heard this rumor. It sounds like complete bs to me.

Stone
04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Other rumors circulating on the Internet, according to Fedko, is that the St. Louis Rams offered the Steelers this year's first overall draft pick and a No. 1 pick next year for Roethlisberger.

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM

no way its true but if it was i would take it. hopefully they will lose every game and we can grab the qb from washington next year. we would have a great qb plus trade this years 1st for 2 more in the 1st giving us 3 first rounders. there are 3 really good qb's coming out next year and i would love to grab washingtons

polamalubeast
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM

With that he knows will happen in the last month, I would accept this trade.

If Ben would not fail to trial, that would be different and I believe the misery has this rumor personally.

I liked Roethlisberger, like Holmes, but I would accept this trade, because the offer is really excellent and sam bradford has excellent potential

tony hipchest
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
M. Stafford plays for the Lionsyes he does. and look how much money he makes. i believe its more than ben, manning, brees, and brady combined!

again, i dont want the #1 draft pick...EVER (atleast not until there is a rookie payscale).

but we cant blame the rams for trying... they would be completely nuts to not see if they could steal ben from us like the jets did santonio, as opposed to having a $70 million rookie qb getting sacked 50+ X/year.

ETL
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
If the Rams offered their 5th round picks - I think the Steelers would do it. :)

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
With that he knows will happen in the last month, I would accept this trade.

If Ben would not fail to trial, that would be different and I believe the misery has this rumor personally.

I liked Roethlisberger, like Holmes, but I would accept this trade, because the offer is really excellent and sam bradford has excellent potential

Come on polamalubeast, keep the faith in our # 7 :wink: :tt02:

Godfather
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't see a can't miss QB in this year's draft or next year's draft. So I'd say it's better to have the Rooneys put Ben on probation, and if he screws up again he gets traded. Even with another incident, Washington or Oakland would take him and overpay for him.

Stone
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Adam Shefter's tweet reference the Rams rumor:

RT @JRAPTHEKON: are the rumors of rams offering #1 pick and next yr 1st for roethlisberger true? ... Better chance of Rams picking me No. 1.

lol!

Vincent
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM

It doesn't take brilliance long to travel... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=799001&postcount=19

Stone
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
This rumor is getting "shot down" pretty fast - both Adam Shefter and Peter King have jumped in:

SI.com's Peter King and ESPN's Adam Schefter both shot down rumors Tuesday night of a potential Ben Roethlisberger trade.

Internet rumors were flying in earlier in the day that had the Rams sending the No. 1 overall pick and next year's first-rounder for Roethlisberger. To which King responded on Twitter, "This nonsense must stop. Ben's a Steeler." Schefter said there's a better chance of him going to the Rams than Big Ben. Though local feelings have changed toward Roethlisberger, it's hard to picture him getting dealt.

Apr. 13 - 8:42 pm et
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1181&line=171325&spln=1

Bob Pompeani from KDKA just chimed in, too.

despite local reports that suggest the steelers will trade with rams for #1 overall pick....please IGNORE never gonna happen

Vincent
04-13-2010, 09:32 PM
That might have been the offer. In light of the Cutler trade idiocy, we could grind them. Say, their #1s both years, and their #2 this year and THE player of our choice, namely, they trade the Skins for Jason Campbell and throw him in.

Ben is damaged goods. He has a huge contract and is facing suspension. Roger is facing a racial backlash if he doesn't roast Ben's weenie.

I'd be thrilled with that haul.

Suh!! :danceshout: Suh!! :danceshout: Suh!! :danceshout: Suh!! :danceshout:

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Ben isn't going anywhere. The bullshitometer is on overload with this one. :shake02: :bs:

wiz1120
04-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Ben will go through some sort of treatment, and maybe face a 2 game suspension.

Whether either of those things are fair isn't for us to decide.

If the Steelers traded Ben right now, there wouldn't be a car not overturned on the streets of Pittsburgh.

polamalubeast
04-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Robinson firm sacks Big Ben's beef jerky
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
By Elwin Green, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Big Ben's Beef Jerky is no more.

PLB Sports, the Robinson-based producer of sports-branded specialty items, terminated its contract with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday, the quarterback's first endorsement going back to his rookie season.

"We have taken the product off the website, we have stopped production of the product, and have no plans to reinstate," president Ty Ballou said.

The company also will dispose of the packaging for the jerky, along with all remaining inventory.

Mr. Ballou said that PLB was the first company to sign a branding contract with Mr. Roethlisberger, inking a deal with him in his first season with the Steelers. The jerky "had done very well, and was doing well," he said.

The company's second three-year contract with Mr. Roethlisberger was slated to expire at the end of this year.

Founded in 1996, the company carries a number of athlete-branded products, including both clothing and food items endorsed by such personalities as Jerome Bettis and Terrell Owens.

Mr. Ballou said that while product lines have been canceled in the past due to an athlete's career changes, this is the first time the company has discontinued a product that was still being actively promoted.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10104/1050163-455.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0l2vLdiVg

WH
04-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Robinson firm sacks Big Ben's beef jerky
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
By Elwin Green, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Big Ben's Beef Jerky is no more.

PLB Sports, the Robinson-based producer of sports-branded specialty items, terminated its contract with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday, the quarterback's first endorsement going back to his rookie season.

"We have taken the product off the website, we have stopped production of the product, and have no plans to reinstate," president Ty Ballou said.

The company also will dispose of the packaging for the jerky, along with all remaining inventory.

Mr. Ballou said that PLB was the first company to sign a branding contract with Mr. Roethlisberger, inking a deal with him in his first season with the Steelers. The jerky "had done very well, and was doing well," he said.

The company's second three-year contract with Mr. Roethlisberger was slated to expire at the end of this year.

Founded in 1996, the company carries a number of athlete-branded products, including both clothing and food items endorsed by such personalities as Jerome Bettis and Terrell Owens.

Mr. Ballou said that while product lines have been canceled in the past due to an athlete's career changes, this is the first time the company has discontinued a product that was still being actively promoted.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10104/1050163-455.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0l2vLdiVg

Send all of their inventory to me. I would be more than happy to have 10 years supply of beef freakin' Jerky. Don't just throw it out, you numbskulls.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Send all of their inventory to me. I would be more than happy to have 10 years supply of beef freakin' Jerky. Don't just throw it out, you numbskulls.

:rofl: i was thinking the same thing!!! :rofl:

BlastFurnace
04-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Thankfully, we have an owner with some common sense. If we trade Ben....we are back in the 1980's days of looking for a QB.

BritishSteel
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
I can't see it. Two first rounders would create carnage for us if and when the cap comes back, secondly, I can't see the Rams making that kind of offer - we just set the market standards for damaged goods with the Holmes Trade - given that deal, does anyone really, seroiusly think that the Rams would offer two first round picks for Roethlisberger? If they did, and I were a Rams fan, I'd be questioning their front office.