PDA

View Full Version : Toomer: Suspend Ben For 8 Games

SteelerEmpire
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is headed to New York today for a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. The NFL confirmed the meeting to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Now the attention turns to what discipline the league or the Steelers may impose on Roethlisberger. Though he wasn't charged with a crime in Georgia, Roethlisberger may have violated the league's personal-conduct policy.

The policy allows Goodell to discipline players even without being charged with or convicted of a crime.

Former NFL player Amani Toomer said he's watching closely and advocated a half-season suspension for Roethlisberger. He told ESPN Radio (via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"I'm interested to see what's going to happen with Roger Goodell, because there's precedent in this situation with Pacman Jones. He never got convicted of anything, but he got arrested a lot of times. What is (Goodell) going to do?

"Ben Roethlisberger ... the NFL is running away from this like the plague. ... He should be suspended for at least eight games."
-----------------------

Ok.... The guy 'has' to be another Steeler hater....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/amani-toomer-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-should-be-suspended-for-at-least-eight-games/1

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I liked him when he helped beat the Pats in the SB, but screw him now! 8 games......really? Toomer's full of :bs:

fat4jc
04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Former NFL player Amani Toomer said he's watching closely and advocated a half-season suspension for Roethlisberger. He told ESPN Radio (via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"I'm interested to see what's going to happen with Roger Goodell, because there's precedent in this situation with Pacman Jones. He never got convicted of anything, but he got arrested a lot of times. What is (Goodell) going to do?

When did Ben get arrested?

Kaeg
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think he should call it a precedent when Pacman's been arrested and Ben has not.

pete74
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
you think thats harsh read this :

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/What_Happened_In_The_Bathroom_With_Ben_Roethlisber ger_Accuser_Let_Me_Tell_You/2413602

My general rule is that until someone is charged or exonerated, I don’t give my true feelings on what I believe happened in the case.

Since Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged with sexual assault, let me tell you what I have put together over the last two months as to what really happened in that bathroom.

The first thing you need to know is that Roethlisberger is an idiot. He simply isn’t a very bright individual. The reason he was even in this situation was because of his lack of common sense and judgment.

The second thing you need to know is that alcohol was heavily involved. The accuser was – for lack of a better term – “sloppy drunk.”
From what I can gather, the accuser was so drunk that her account of the incident is fuzzy at best. With that being said, I believe Roethlisberger did something. I cannot tell you the extent of what he did, but he did something that he shouldn’t have done. He did something that she didn’t want to do. How far did it go? Was it criminal? Hard to say, but he isn’t totally innocent in this. Considering his prior history it is a safe assumption that the reason he wasn’t charged had less to do with the police and D.A. believing him as opposed to they just didn’t have enough evidence to prove the case.

Roethlisberger gets off, but I think people shouldn’t ignore that he has a problem. What exactly is that problem? It can be that he is just a very dumb individual on the lower part of the scale, to him being a sexual predator on the higher part of the scale, or somewhere in the middle. The point is that he does have a problem that needs to be addressed and needs to be addressed immediately.

The accuser decided she didn’t want to help the investigation anymore. She hasn’t recanted her story, but says she doesn’t want to be hounded by the media any more.

In laymen’s terms:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I would imagine within the upcoming days, or weeks, news will trickle out about the “settlement” the accuser received for keeping her mouth shut.

Once again, by not helping police with the investigation and instead accepting a settlement, this will make it extremely difficult for true victims to come forward without fearing the public will brand them as gold diggers.

While I do believe Roethlisberger did something wrong, the accuser is totally innocent in this. She was underaged, drinking, and willingly went into a bathroom with a NFL Player. Even the D.A. admits that when first questioned, she said that Roethlisberger “did not rape her.”

Even later when she sobered up a bit she claimed Roethlisberger “kind of raped me.”

Sort of like being “kind of pregnant?”

What she really was saying was this:

“I was cool doing some of the stuff, but he wanted to do something I wasn’t cool with.”

Earlier in this article I spoke to how Roethlisberger had to be smarter. Let me speak to every woman in the world by saying you need to be smarter, too.

This isn’t a reality show. This isn’t the “Basketball Wives.” Watch your alcohol intake and realize that every athlete you meet isn’t a “nice guy.”

Now that the legal aspect of the case is over, the question becomes: what should happen to Roethlisberger in the Court of Roger Goodell and the NFL?

To be perfectly clear, the D.A. was very critical of the Roethlisberger and went out of his way not to say that the accuser was lying. He said several times they just didn’t have enough evidence. He never said that he thought Roethlisberger didn’t commit the crime.

To me, without a 100% exoneration, Roethlisberger needs to be suspended and suspended for a long period of time.

This is his second sexual assault accusation and the police admit the he was purchasing drinks for underaged women.

He has a third incident where he almost dies in a motorcycle accident because he was not wearing a helmet and having an expired license.

Roger Goodell has stressed that off the field incidents – regardless of charges – will be dealt with swiftly.

Remember, Pacman Jones has never spent a day in jail for anything he has been “accused” of and was suspended for an entire year.

Considering what Roethlisberger has been accused of, the information from the DA, and Goodell’s prior history, anything less than an eight-game suspension will be considered light in my opinion.

My personal thought is that no one should be suspended unless they are charged and convicted, but my personal opinion isn’t NFL policy and the history shows Roethlisberger needs to be dealt with harshly – or do we have to wait for a 3rd accusation?

In the end the case went the way I thought it would. Rape cases are incredibly hard to prove, especially when the person you are accusing is famous and waving his checkbook in your face to make it go away.

Now we will see if Roger Goodell puts his money where his mouth is.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
8 games is ridiculous for violating the conduct policy. You cannot compare ben and pacman just read pacmans rap sheet.

SteelGhost
04-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Someone already posted this Toomer's BS, ok,I will LOL again :toofunny:

ETL
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
"Brain Toomer" is an idiot. To compare Pacman who was ARRESTED to Ben who was not is idiotic. He probably is thinking this along racial lines. In his small brain - he's thinking Goodell punished a black man (pacman) so now he's gotta do the same for a white guy.

He's a retart for thinking this way.

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Toomer is just a uneducated Ghetto Boy! Pac man was arrested twice while in college, and suspended as well. He was arrested 6 other times BEFORE that Strip club Incident where a man was shot. And he was convicted as well on DUI Incidents. So Toomer doesn't know anything. All he is doing is playing the " Race " card. He is a Idiot. And shouldn't be taken serious at all.

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
"Brain Toomer" is an idiot. To compare Pacman who was ARRESTED to Ben who was not is idiotic. He probably is thinking this along racial lines. In his small brain - he's thinking Goodell punished a black man (pacman) so now he's gotta do the same for a white guy.

He's a retart for thinking this way.

Toomer is just a uneducated Ghetto Boy! Pac man was arrested twice while in college, and suspended as well. He was arrested 6 other times BEFORE that Strip club Incident where a man was shot. And he was convicted as well on DUI Incidents. So Toomer doesn't know anything. All he is doing is playing the " Race " card. He is a Idiot. And shouldn't be taken serious at all.

Um.......that's basically the same exact thing in 2 posts.

:sign07:

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
You're right. It kinda is. I just wanted to reiterate it :-)

SteelerFanInStl
04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I brought up his comments in other threads yesterday. He's an idiot.

tube517
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Amani "Well Dressed" Toomer.

YAWN

Set-Man
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Toomer is now an authority? Come on man just because you didn't get any attention while you were a player dosen't mean you have to try to get some now.

86WARD
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Toomer's a nimrod. Pacman's situation isn't remotely close to Ben's...lol...what an idiot...

Bubbabanjo
04-13-2010, 10:53 PM
From the classic Thespi-governoid Ahnold.....................

Kimble: I have a headache
Joseph: It might be a tumor
Kimble: It's naht a tumah! It's not a tumor....at all. Its a TOOMER!

wiz1120
04-13-2010, 11:18 PM

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/What_Happened_In_The_Bathroom_With_Ben_Roethlisber ger_Accuser_Let_Me_Tell_You/2413602

While I do believe Roethlisberger did something wrong, the accuser is totally innocent in this. She was underaged, drinking, and willingly went into a bathroom with a NFL Player. Even the D.A. admits that when first questioned, she said that Roethlisberger “did not rape her.”

Even later when she sobered up a bit she claimed Roethlisberger “kind of raped me.”

Sort of like being “kind of pregnant?”

What she really was saying was this:

“I was cool doing some of the stuff, but he wanted to do something I wasn’t cool with.”

Earlier in this article I spoke to how Roethlisberger had to be smarter. Let me speak to every woman in the world by saying you need to be smarter, too.

This isn’t a reality show. This isn’t the “Basketball Wives.” Watch your alcohol intake and realize that every athlete you meet isn’t a “nice guy.”

Now that the legal aspect of the case is over, the question becomes: what should happen to Roethlisberger in the Court of Roger Goodell and the NFL?

To be perfectly clear, the D.A. was very critical of the Roethlisberger and went out of his way not to say that the accuser was lying. He said several times they just didn’t have enough evidence. He never said that he thought Roethlisberger didn’t commit the crime.

To me, without a 100% exoneration, Roethlisberger needs to be suspended and suspended for a long period of time.

This is his second sexual assault accusation and the police admit the he was purchasing drinks for underaged women.

He has a third incident where he almost dies in a motorcycle accident because he was not wearing a helmet and having an expired license.

Roger Goodell has stressed that off the field incidents – regardless of charges – will be dealt with swiftly.

Remember, Pacman Jones has never spent a day in jail for anything he has been “accused” of and was suspended for an entire year.

Considering what Roethlisberger has been accused of, the information from the DA, and Goodell’s prior history, anything less than an eight-game suspension will be considered light in my opinion.

My personal thought is that no one should be suspended unless they are charged and convicted, but my personal opinion isn’t NFL policy and the history shows Roethlisberger needs to be dealt with harshly – or do we have to wait for a 3rd accusation?

In the end the case went the way I thought it would. Rape cases are incredibly hard to prove, especially when the person you are accusing is famous and waving his checkbook in your face to make it go away.

Now we will see if Roger Goodell puts his money where his mouth is.

and this is where i stopped reading

jjpro11
04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
whether you agree or not, it is turning into a race issue. comparing Pacman to Ben and already complaining Ben is getting off easier.. c'mon, you all know what he is inferring. if Ben only gets a couple games, or even 4.. i am sure you will hear more of that kind of thing.

Gnutella
04-14-2010, 12:39 AM
and this is where i stopped reading

That's a glaring typo. I can tell that he was saying that the girl wasn't innocent either.

harts
04-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Steeler Fan for 31 years and till the day I die!

NEVER agreed with how Goodell handled things and I just think it is stupid you can suspend a player who has not been convicted

Basically you are saying if we dont like the way you act we can suspend you -- > just stupid and shame on the NFLPA for giving this guy so much power

Santonio for a 5th rounder --> Ridiculous -

Not Suspending Ben for at least 8 games --> Ludicrous and an outright travesty

Goodell is in a corner he never thought he would be in - I dont think Ben should be suspended for what he has done but based on GOODELL's precedent and the instituition of fairness and equality

HE MUST SUSPEND BEN FOR 8 GAMES! and do it NOW!

Galax Steeler
04-14-2010, 03:28 AM
I don't think he should call it a precedent when Pacman's been arrested and Ben has not.

My thoughts exactly Ben has not been arrested.

HometownGal
04-14-2010, 05:18 AM
whether you agree or not, it is turning into a race issue. comparing Pacman to Ben and already complaining Ben is getting off easier.. c'mon, you all know what he is inferring. if Ben only gets a couple games, or even 4.. i am sure you will hear more of that kind of thing.

Exactly. I'm sick and damned tired of African Americans playing that joker race card at every turn. There is absolutely NO comparison with regard to Pacman and Ben other than that they both have the common sense of brussel sprouts.

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I just don't think that the NFL Commishioner should be the sole jury and judge on these matters. When handing out fines and suspensions, there should be a tribunal approach. It should consist of several owners, several coaches, and at least 2 players selected by the players themselves, and with a representative from the players union. The dictorship thst Goodell has in place is a crime in itself. Something like this seems a lot more fair.

Rick5895
04-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I agree with HTG, there is absolutely no commonality with Pacman and Ben. However, even if the league doesn't suspend Ben the Steelers need to, to save the locker room.
I would expect nothing less than 4 games for our QB and that likely will be a joint effort from the NFL and the Rooneys.
I have said it once before on these forums, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers look to trade him. If Ben doesnt stop the nonsense sooner or later he will find himself charged with a crime of this sort, guilty or not. Ben is now a target of not only women looking for a payout but also of the police departments. If he can't figure this out then the Steelers need to act and act fast.

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 05:31 AM
toomer is a retard

BlastFurnace
04-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Exactly. I'm sick and damned tired of African Americans playing that joker race card at every turn. There is absolutely NO comparison with regard to Pacman and Ben other than that they both have the common sense of brussel sprouts.

You're not the only one. If anything doesn't go there way, they cry racism. Shy of suspending Ben indefinitely, the African American's will cry their eyes out that Ben got away with something because he is white.

If Ben were African American, they would be saying that no crime was committed and that if he was suspended, it would be racism.

They are only happy if they get their way.

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM

What do you know (pun intended) about Ghetto? Have you ever been to the ghetto? I doubt it...you don't know shit about that man to call him ghetto. You probably don't even know what it means and just say what you think you know and what you hear from other ignorant people. There are a lot of insensitive jackasses on this board!

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Wow...are you serious HTG? Whether ya'll (European Americans) like it or not, there will always be racism. I'm sick and damned tired of ya'll saying that the race card shouldn't be applied in ANY situation! I agree the situations aren't similar but the negative attention it brought to the NFL is VERY similar and that's all that matters!!!

I don't agree he should get 8 games but 2-4 games will appease most of the damned African Americans. Can't please everybody!

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
No need to be racist people.

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
You're not the only one. If anything doesn't go there way, they cry racism. Shy of suspending Ben indefinitely, the African American's will cry their eyes out that Ben got away with something because he is white.

If Ben were African American, they would be saying that no crime was committed and that if he was suspended, it would be racism.

They are only happy if they get their way.

I can only laugh at this ridiculously ignorant post...WOW

You OBVIOUSLY don't know any black people because if you did you'd know that the majority agreed with Pacman getting suspended.

LMAO and who isn't happy when they get their way?

BlastFurnace
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
I can only laugh at this ridiculously ignorant post...WOW

You OBVIOUSLY don't know any black people because if you did you'd know that the majority agreed with Pacman getting suspended.

LMAO and who isn't happy when they get their way?

I don't care about Pacman. I am reacting about what I am hearing about Ben. It's becoming about Race and if you can't see it, you're not paying attention.

SteelerEmpire
04-14-2010, 08:33 AM

Awh man... If Ben was really buying drinks for this girl, they (the commish) could possibly get him on this. I hope this isen't true... I didn't take that into account before. If Goodell really wanted to get him... he could possibly use this issue alone to do it... lets hope he has extended Ben another chance...
As far as the Pacman incident, I don't think Goodell should have suspended him in the first place. Cause the man was never arrested and there are people that do a lot worse than what he did. There should be a 'Uniform Code of NFL Justice' when it comes to dishing out punishment to people. Substantial monetary fines usually do the trick. Its just the "symbolism" of a suspension that gets to people more than some other things... Whatever happens from this, I think the Steelers and Ben have enough resilientcy to bounce back...
Its not the first time we've seen a situation similar to this and it won't be the last...

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't care about Pacman. I am reacting about what I am hearing about Ben. It's becoming about Race and if you can't see it, you're not paying attention.

I know it's about race but saying that all my people does is cry and whine is ignorant. Generalizing a whole race, as you've done, isn't fair to the damned African Americans that look at this situation reasonably. Every race has their bad seeds so don't act like ALL black people are one way.

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Awh man... If Ben was really buying drinks for this girl, they (the commish) could possibly get him on this. I hope this isen't true... I didn't take that into account before. If Goodell really wanted to get him... he could possibly use this issue alone to do it.

I don't agree with that because he shouldn't have to ask her age if she's in a bar. That would fall on the bar allowing underage girls in their place. Unless she had a wristband on...but then again, she could've easily taken that off.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
If there is no assualt what exactly are we talking about him being suspended for?

truesteelerfan
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Who the heck cares what Mr. Toomer says.....What does Tom Cruise think? How about Jessica Alba? And how long does Elton John think Ben should be suspended? None of their opinions matter....

steelerchad
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Awh man... If Ben was really buying drinks for this girl, they (the commish) could possibly get him on this. I hope this isen't true... I didn't take that into account before. If Goodell really wanted to get him... he could possibly use this issue alone to do it... lets hope he has extended Ben another chance...
As far as the Pacman incident, I don't think Goodell should have suspended him in the first place. Cause the man was never arrested and there are people that do a lot worse than what he did. There should be a 'Uniform Code of NFL Justice' when it comes to dishing out punishment to people. Substantial monetary fines usually do the trick. Its just the "symbolism" of a suspension that gets to people more than some other things... Whatever happens from this, I think the Steelers and Ben have enough resilientcy to bounce back...
Its not the first time we've seen a situation similar to this and it won't be the last...

I don't think him buying drinks for her in the bar is an issue. If he took her to the bar maybe, but he met her after already in the bar. It's the club's responsibility to make sure everyone inside is 21, not Ben's. Reasonable assumption would be if she's in here already drinking, then she's of age.

7/39/43
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I bet this turns into a RACIAL thing sooner or later. Already sounds that way now. With them comparing him with Vick, jones etc.......

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I bet this turns into a RACIAL thing sooner or later. Already sounds that way now. With them comparing him with Vick, jones etc.......
I'm pretty sure it will, even if it's small, it will.

Indo
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Who the heck cares what Mr. Toomer says.....What does Tom Cruise think? How about Jessica Alba? And how long does Elton John think Ben should be suspended? None of their opinions matter....

Umm...Jessica Alba's opinion ALWAYS matters

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/Jessica_Alba_Maxim_Shoot_Raws_22-1.jpg

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
If it'll make people shut the hell up once and for all about it, then give him 8 games.

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't agree with that because he shouldn't have to ask her age if she's in a bar. That would fall on the bar allowing underage girls in their place. Unless she had a wristband on...but then again, she could've easily taken that off.

Exactly. It isn't Ben's responsibility to card every chick he buys drinks for. Besides, their law regarding 18-20-year-olds being allowed in bars "as long as they wear a wristband so they won't be served alcohol" is completely retarded anyway.

Milkman
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Everyone has their own agenda... most Steelers fans feel he shouldn't be suspended. Most Steeler haters say he should be suspended.

I really wouldn't mind seeing what D.D. can do with a few games under his belt as a starter tbh. :coffee:

pancake
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Once he compared him to packman, I lost interest... What a d-bag.

LVSteelersfan
04-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Pacman and Ben are two totally different cases. No comparison. Ben is just a dumb A$$. I am not saying Ben is innocent of wrongdoing or that he doesn't deserve punishment. But 8 games is a little over the top. Goodell will do whatever he wants which makes him a dictator. I think that is more what the root of the whole problem is. One man shouldn't have so much power in these situations. I like the tribunal method someone mentioned before.

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 02:06 PM

:applaudit: Bravo!

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

That made my day!

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

harts
04-14-2010, 02:19 PM
The commonality between Ben and Pacman is they both have brought shame and disrespect to the League and their teams

based on that fact alone is enough to suspend Ben according to Goodell's rules of player conduct

Why fellow Steeler fans dont see this ..well whatever

Again I dont think Ben should be suspended but based on the precedent Goodell has set and the belief of fairness and equality

Oh yeah Ben Should be suspended

Dont take it from me though take it from the players that play and played with him (Marvel Smith already alluded to it)

Stevie Wonder can see the unequal treatment on this one

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Everyone has their own agenda... most Steelers fans feel he shouldn't be suspended. Most Steeler haters say he should be suspended.

I really wouldn't mind seeing what D.D. can do with a few games under his belt as a starter tbh. :coffee:

Yeah, I would LOOOOOVE to see D.D. start more games! That guy is electric!!

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I would LOOOOOVE to see D.D. start more games! That guy is electric!!

I feel lunch coming back up. You 2 can't be serious! D.D. is the anti-christ in a Steelers uniform.

St33lersguy
04-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Suspended for what exactly, he didn't commit a crime. He should be suspended for crime not immorality

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I feel lunch coming back up. You 2 can't be serious! D.D. is the anti-christ in a Steelers uniform.

Enlighten me please.

harts
04-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Suspended for what exactly, he didn't commit a crime. He should be suspended for crime not immorality

Pacman was never convicted of anything before being suspended
Yes he was arrested but an arrest does not equal conviction

Based on Goodell's precedent
Once yes Ben gets a pass
Twice no he shouldnt
Plus the motorcycle accident does not shed positive public light on the steelers or the NFL

based on that fact and Goodell's previous track record
Ben should be suspended

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Enlighten me please.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in D.D. I'm sorry, but I don't. The guy can't pass and he panics. He either hands the ball off or runs away. He throws lame duck passes and can't hit the broad side of a barn door from 2 feet away. I can't stand D.D. and I shutter already if he has to come in during the regular season.

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Once yes Ben gets a pass
Twice no he shouldnt
Plus the motorcycle accident does not shed positive public light on the steelers or the NFL

Ben should be suspended

Exactly :thumbsup:

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in D.D. I'm sorry, but I don't. The guy can't pass and he panics. He either hands the ball off or runs away. He throws lame duck passes and can't hit the broad side of a barn door from 2 feet away. I can't stand D.D. and I shutter already if he has to come in during the regular season.

Um...he has only been in a few pre-season games and, if I recall correctly, started in ONE regular season game. He did pretty well in the game and even led the Steelers to a late fourth quarter lead only to have the defense once again collapse to the Ravens! Dixon did admirably in his first "real" pro game especially against a defense like Baltimore! He even ran for a touchdown. What more did you expect from a young player like him in his first pro game? I saw lots of potential with him. Give him some slack, man!

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Um...he has only been in a few pre-season games and, if I recall correctly, started in ONE regular season game. He did pretty well in the game and even led the Steelers to a late fourth quarter lead only to have the defense once again collapse to the Ravens! Dixon did admirably in his first "real" pro game especially against a defense like Baltimore! He even ran for a touchdown. What more did you expect from a young player like him in his first pro game? I saw lots of potential with him. Give him some slack, man!

I still have no faith in him, but maybe I am being a little too harsh. I'll give him some chances to prove himself, but that's only if Ben and Batch are out.

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I still have no faith in him, but maybe I am being a little too harsh. I'll give him some chances to prove himself, but that's only if Ben and Batch are out.

At least it's a start, lol. He might get plenty of chances pending Goodell's decision.

:noidea:

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Ben will be suspended

Fixed.

steelerfan29_99
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Armani Who?? come on...I agree that Ben is guilty of being an idiot...but I can;'t see how he gets suspended that long for being an idiot..if he was charged then thats different but he isn't..a 2 game suspension yes..but 8....just another suggestion from a player that'll never even be a footnote in football history!

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM

Once yes Ben gets a pass
Twice no he shouldnt

Ben should be suspended

jones was arrested like 7 times come on

X-Terminator
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM

Once yes Ben gets a pass
Twice no he shouldnt

Ben should be suspended

Pacman was also arrested 5 times before that, AND was arrested twice while in college. Big rap sheet. No, he never got convicted, but the guy was constantly in trouble.

Ben has never been arrested for a damn thing. He has been alleged in 2 incidents, one of which is complete :bs:, and the other, if I'm reading the facts right, just makes him a pig...no different than millions of other men in this country and around the world. Last time I checked, that wasn't a crime. He has never been charged with one either, unlike Pacman.

To me, that is a HUGE difference, and why I don't think Ben should be suspended at all. But he likely will be, just to appease the holier-than-thou and "well, if you suspended the black guy, then you need to suspend the white guy too" crowds.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Ben has never been arrested or charged. No reason for Goodell to do anything.

Psyychoward86
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
why are there 7 pages of posts of people giving a crap what a washed over wide receiver no one cares about thinks?

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree if you start suspending people for morals then were do you stop? Is goodell supposed to suspend somebody whenever the media gets up in arms. The problem with suspending him is from here on out anytime an allegation is made against a nfl player a suspension will have to be in order because its an embarassment to the sheild. Or we could just let the media run the league.