PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin did you lose control of the team?

polamalubeast
04-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I, of course, I think not, because I think he could not do anything much on the situation of Roethlisberger and Santonio, but here's a stupid comment that I saw in another forum.

It is looking like Tomlin cannot control his team(Ben, Holmes etc. etc. etc.) and he pretty much won the Super Bowl on Cowhers team. same players,coordinators etc.. Tomlin is good at giving speeches/talking but not following through with what he says. aka end of year last year when he do not follow through with benching his cornerbacks after he said he would. Cowher would not put up with what is going on.
Just saying if Cowher is available bring him back fire Tomlin.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Sweet! Let's get rid of Roethlisberger too, and then we can get back to our 1990's tradition of running the ball down everybody's throats until the playoffs, and then choking in the AFC Championship Game because the QB isn't good enough to make plays through the air! Brilliant!

stillers4me
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Where does it say that Tomlin has lost control of his team?

Set-Man
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Tomlin is fine, it isn't his job to babysit grown men in the offseason.

Godfather
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
What a maroon.

Some assclown sportswriter already spewed the same bogus talking point--when we win it's because Tomlin inherited a good team from Cowher, but when those same inherited players get into trouble it's Tomlin's fault.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Santonio Holmes was Bill Cowher's last first-round draft pick.

steeltheone
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I can remember feeling that Marvin Lewis had some responsibility in the Bengals constant off the field troubles. So again, i must ask that of Tomlin.

X-Terminator
04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
I can remember feeling that Marvin Lewis had some responsibility in the Bengals constant off the field troubles. So again, i must ask that of Tomlin.

Again, Tomlin is not a babysitter. It is NOT his job to keep players out of trouble, it's the PLAYERS' job, and as such, they are the ones to blame when they screw up. You act like Tomlin told Ben to get himself involved in another sex assault accusation or Santo to get himself in trouble so the point he was basically kicked off the team. That's what's wrong with this country today - no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions, or place blame where it truly belongs. Instead, they pass the buck off to someone else.

Anyway, Lewis drafted his troublemakers. Tomlin inherited them. So shouldn't you be blaming Cowher instead for the problems Ben, Santo and Reed have had? Because he drafted and/or signed all 3 of them. Hell, Cowher drafted Santo despite the baggage that he came with at the time.

Chidi29
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
And we should blame Chuck Noll when Ernie Holmes tried to shoot at a police helicopter.

*Credit to Ed Bouchette for bringing that up in one of his chats.

ETL
04-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Nothing to look at here folks.

JEFF4i
04-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Of course he did! Just wait till Casey's tape comes out.

Bubbabanjo
04-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Get rid of Ben, Tomlin, Arians, Reed, Snacks, Troy ,,,,,,,cause of the knee, The O-line. Hines....he's old, and Harrison cause of the White-house thing. No we are set!! Already sat the Jets up...thank you card coming at Xmas.

Saves on air fare too. The rest of ya'll better learn to play both sides of the ball and coach on the fly. But on the bright side we are lookin good on that artificial cap!!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Mike Tomlin is a head football coach, which he has been pretty damn successful at. His job isn't a babysitter.

He also isn't the one who brought the players who have had legal troubles onto the team (other than Spaeth, who might get cut in training camp anyhow due to lack of talent). Roethlisberger, Holmes, Reed, and Harrison were all inherited by Tomlin; they were all brought in under the Cowher-Colbert regime......and if I recall right, it was Dan Rooney that made the call to draft Big Ben.

tube517
04-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Yep, it was Cowher's fault when Bam had all that pot in the trunk too! :wink02:

And we should blame Chuck Noll when Ernie Holmes tried to shoot at a police helicopter.

*Credit to Ed Bouchette for bringing that up in one of his chats.

plenewken
04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Since Tomlin couldn't make his players unleash hell on the field, how could he have any influence on them off the field? Not that it's his job anyway.

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I guess Tomlin is suppose to call his players every night before he goes to bed to make sure they are home, reading their playbooks, drinking a nice warm glass of milk?

Prok
04-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Sweet! Let's get rid of Roethlisberger too, and then we can get back to our 1990's tradition of running the ball down everybody's throats until the playoffs, and then choking in the AFC Championship Game because the QB isn't good enough to make plays through the air! Brilliant!

LMAO !!

I'm tellin' ya. There are "fans" out there rooting for that.

:banging:

Stu Pidasso
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I guess Tomlin is suppose to call his players every night before he goes to bed to make sure they are home, reading their playbooks, drinking a nice warm glass of milk?

Couldn't hurt now...

BritishSteel
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
It's not Tomlin's fault, nor is it his job to stalk his players in the off-season on the off-chance that one of them will behave like an ass. If you want this endless stream of crap to stop, however, someone's got to stand up and say enough is enough. I don't really care who does it, but someone should.