PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben trade RUMORS to the Rams.

SS43Polamalu
04-14-2010, 01:26 AM
So i heard a rumor that the Rams offered us this years first overall pick and next years first rounder for Big Ben, i HIGHLY doubt they are true but thought i would put it on here for you all.

"Other rumors circulating on the Internet, according to Fedko, is that the St. Louis Rams offered the Steelers this year's first overall draft pick and a No. 1 pick next year for Roethlisberger."

Site: http://www.wpxi.com/sports/23136434/detail.html

Just saw they are now talking about it on profootballtalk, they don't believe it either but heres the link.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/already-the-big-ben-trade-rumors-start/?related=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

pete74
04-14-2010, 04:20 AM
i doubt its true but if it was i would do it in a second. i would hope they lost all the games this season so we can select QB jake locker in next years draft. this year i would trade the #1 pick and move back plus picking up an extra 2nd ad 3rd

taztroy43
04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
i doubt its true but if it was i would do it in a second. i would hope they lost all the games this season so we can select QB jake locker in next years draft. this year i would trade the #1 pick and move back plus picking up an extra 2nd ad 3rd

I LOVE me some Jake Locker next year...but I rather have a proven SB winning QB in Roethlisburger.....but if we go this route we would sabotage our season!!!! We would make ourselves have a crappy record and we won't be winning a SB this upcoming season...it would also put our franchise in the wrong direction because we would have to develop a young QB in Locker again!!!!

wdsteel
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Cant fine the link again but herd same thing and also that Mike Tomlin REALY likes Dixon..Now i dont want the trade but two 1st rounds would be nice..this year we could trade down 1 or 2 times and get 2 more round 2 picks.. plus get Bulaga or Trent around pick 9...would improve the line plus reload the D
dont forget i said dont want the trade..lol

wdsteel
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
pick 1 trade Miami pick 12...they would love to get Suh...that gives us 1 of the top 3 LT's and Earl Thomas or Joe Haden at 12..
then 18 we can get Pouncey

taztroy43
04-14-2010, 11:04 AM
The rumors are false according to this article....http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1181&line=171325&spln=1

"SI.com's Peter King and ESPN's Adam Schefter both shot down rumors Tuesday night of a potential Ben Roethlisberger trade.
Internet rumors were flying in earlier in the day that had the Rams sending the No. 1 overall pick and next year's first-rounder for Roethlisberger. To which King responded on Twitter, "This nonsense must stop. Ben's a Steeler." Schefter said there's a better chance of him going to the Rams than Big Ben. Though local feelings have changed toward Roethlisberger, it's hard to picture him getting dealt. Apr. 13 - 8:42 pm et
Source: Peter King on Twitter"

atlsteelers
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
too bad its only a rumor.

7willBheaven
04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I say BS as usual. But IF something like this was true I'd want MORE than that. Hell Cutler got 2 firsts a 3rd and i think a 6th (not sure about the 6th). I'd want at least 2 firsts...a 2nd this yr...3rd next...plus a good player (Carriker, Laurinaitis, etc)! Yes 2 firsts is nice...but Ben is waaaay more valuable than Cutler is (or probably ever will be).

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
This is all the bad of the internet rolled up into a perfect package. A shitty unreliable rumor site that's wrong 90% of the time being believed as real by vulnerable and naive fans, and, WORSE YET, actually thinking that this trade, which would be one of the worst EVER in the history of the NFL, were actually true. It's folly compounded by vulnerability with a twist of ignorance, wrapped up in sheer lack of understanding of the art of football.

SteelerFanInStl
04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
This is all the bad of the internet rolled up into a perfect package. A shitty unreliable rumor site that's wrong 90% of the time being believed as real by vulnerable and naive fans, and, WORSE YET, actually thinking that this trade, which would be one of the worst EVER in the history of the NFL, were actually true. It's folly compounded by vulnerability with a twist of ignorance, wrapped up in sheer lack of understanding of the art of football.

Well said rev. :thumbsup:

ShutDown24
04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Even though the offer is all but ridiculous rumor - pretending it is real - This years first overall pick and the Ram's first rounder next year isn't enough. It's far below Ben's value. I wouldn't trade Roethlisberger for THREE first rounders. And no team would offer such a hefty amount anyway. And such is why trading a franchise quarterback in the NFL rarely happens. It's impossible to get the appropriate value for such a player. Ben is more or less priceless. To trade him would mean taking far less in return than what he is worth to the Steelers franchise.

Indo
04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Trading Ben would effectively mean wallowing in Mediocrity for the next decade. Ain't gonna happen

Steeldude
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
correct. it's all a false rumor. the steelers will get a 5th round pick in 2011 for BR :smile:

out of curiosity, who would be everyone's first pick be in the draft? i would choose suu.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
correct. it's all a false rumor. the steelers will get a 5th round pick in 2011 for BR :smile:

out of curiosity, who would be everyone's first pick be in the draft? i would choose suu.

Suh is the most talented player in this draft...but with the Rams having the 1st pick, they HAVE to go with a QB to build their team around.

sooooo...barring a trade...Bradford will be the first player drafted.

ShutDown24
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM

If this crazy rumor became reality and we (The Steelers) acquired the first overall pick... Assuming we couldn't move down, Okung or Suh. I would also consider Bryan Bulaga and Trent Williams but ultimately it would have to be one of the first two choices. I dislike Suh in a 3-4 to be perfectly honest in comparison to his potential in a 4-3; but he could still be an excellent 3-4 DE. -- Oh and I wouldn't even consider Sam Bradford.

Following the drafting of either Okung or Suh - I would try and move down from 18 into the mid 20's with our original first round pick to ensure I could draft Colt McCoy. I absolutely love McCoy. I feel (if we were looking for a quarterback) he would be a perfect fir for the Steelers. He's a great kid.

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
So we would trade a 2 time Championship winning QB for the first pick overall, and....not try to replace him with another QB?

St33lersguy
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
The rumors are false according to this article....http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1181&line=171325&spln=1

"SI.com's Peter King and ESPN's Adam Schefter both shot down rumors Tuesday night of a potential Ben Roethlisberger trade.
Internet rumors were flying in earlier in the day that had the Rams sending the No. 1 overall pick and next year's first-rounder for Roethlisberger. To which King responded on Twitter, "This nonsense must stop. Ben's a Steeler." Schefter said there's a better chance of him going to the Rams than Big Ben. Though local feelings have changed toward Roethlisberger, it's hard to picture him getting dealt. Apr. 13 - 8:42 pm et
Source: Peter King on Twitter"

thank god, Ben is a leader, Dennis Dixon is just a carbon copy of Kordell.

TheWarDen86
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM

So ya think it's true?

:chuckle: :wink02:

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
So ya think it's true?

:chuckle: :wink02:
I'm waiting for Wexell to chime in..."Arians is out, Ben is out, and Sam Bradford is in!"

pete74
04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
i would trade back and take bulaga then thomas and i would use my 2 next year to trade up and get Locker. boom, you get the best saftey, a great LT and an awesome young QB and thats all in the 1st round

Psyychoward86
04-14-2010, 05:42 PM
too bad its only a rumor.

too bad? Dont make me laugh.

TheWarDen86
04-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Numerous trade rumors have surfaced with Big Ben as the subject. The most recent was brought to the media by an NBC affiliate and stated that the St. Louis Rams (http://ramblinfan.com/) would consider trading the first-overall pick this year and their 2011 first-rounder for Roethlisberger. The rumors are absolutely ridiculous and even ESPN’s Adam Schefter addressed them saying, “Better chance of Rams picking me No. 1 (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12132971726).”

http://fansided.com/2010/04/14/even-big-bens-dogs-are-being-overly-aggressive-with-females/comment-page-1/

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I would do it. there could be serious rapercussions though

Draft Berry and Polamalu and we will go to the super bowl anyway.

Let dixon fufill his potential.

SteelerFanInStl
04-14-2010, 07:16 PM
i would trade back and take bulaga then thomas and i would use my 2 next year to trade up and get Locker. boom, you get the best saftey, a great LT and an awesome young QB and thats all in the 1st round

You've sure got a man crush on Locker. :sofunny:

pete74
04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
You've sure got a man crush on Locker. :sofunny:

i think he is the next manning. peyton, definatly not eli. he is such a great QB and like manning and marino you can just tell that he will be great in the pro's.

Steel_Bus_24
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I do not want Ben traded

That said, just for fun,

at least 3 #1s, 2 #2s, and a #3rd

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
http://fansided.com/2010/04/14/even-big-bens-dogs-are-being-overly-aggressive-with-females/comment-page-1/

Really dude, really?

Godfather
04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I do not want Ben traded

That said, just for fun,

at least 3 #1s, 2 #2s, and a #3rd

Maybe the Vikings would be willing to do another Herschel Walker trade.

And as a bonus, they can throw in Brett Favre.

Brett Favre.

Steel Glory
04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
If crybaby Cutler can garner 2 first rounders, Ben, despite his legal troubles, should at least get 3 first round picks and I doubt anyone could afford it.

Besides, St. Louis isn't being run by Mike Ditka so there is no chance they trade us their entire draft stock for Ben :toofunny: