PDA

View Full Version : The NFL playoffs are slightly rigged, The NFL is the new NBA

Go_Cats
02-06-2006, 08:22 AM
The evidence starts at the Polamalu interception, when the NFL didn't fine Porter for his comments because they knew he was right. Then the Super Bowl looks like its fixed in favor of the more liked and more marketable Pittsburgh Steelers.

1. The Darrell Jackson "pushoff" - yes, technically it was a pushoff and I want the NFL to start being more strict on this, but in every other game of the season receivers could easily get away with this, and now that its looking good for Seattle they start making this call? If it was Hines Ward on that pass, it would have been a no call

2. The "holding" call on the punt return - Are you kidding me?

3. The Roethlisberger touchdown - There was no conclusive evidence so it shouldn't have been overturned in replay, but did you see the ref when he called it? He ran almost the whole way looking like he's going to spot the ball, then all of a sudden he pauses a little bit, and decides to put his hands up shocking.gif very very suspicious to me

4. The phantom holding call on Locklear - you've got to be freaking kidding me that's not a hold. On TV, it seemed like the flag was late, I'm guessing the flag didn't get thrown until it looked like a sure thing that Seattle would take the lead with first and goal on the one.

5. A huge no call on Jeff Hartings' blatant and obvious hold - If you have the game on TIVO, go back and look at Roethlisberger's quarterback draw on 3rd and 2. This was probably the biggest conversion of the game. When I was watching it, I was sure that it was coming back, and became shocked when there was no flag. The center for the Steelers, I think it was Jeff Hartings, swung his guy around with both hands by the jersey. If Locklear was holding, then there was no doubt that Hartings was holding.

The only other time I have blamed a football game on the refs was the Miami/Ohio State Nationial Championship game. I usually go by the fact that bad calls even out and that winners make plays, losers make excuses. However, this game is an exception. EVERY single questionable call went in favor of the much more marketable Steelers. This just flat out reaks of a fix. I haven't seen something this bad since Kobe and Shaq were both in LA.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Comon cats, I expected more from you than this.

Dont even go there with the holding calls...Seattle got away with SO many blatant holds against Haggans and Porter ALL day long its not even funny so that arguement u made holds ZERO water with me.

the jackson push off probably wouldnt have been called except for the fact that he did it RIGHT in front of the official, it was so obvious you couldnt NOT call it.

Ben's arm was covering up the ball when it crossed the plane but that doesnt make it not a TD.. the very nose tip of the ball broke the plane, therefore its a TD.... and at the speed of the game, it looked like it crossed the plane..and then in replay his arm was covering the nose of the ball so it was inconslusive..

Comon dude..

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Who didn't see this BS coming?

*yawns* :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 09:43 AM
the jackson push off probably wouldnt have been called except for the fact that he did it RIGHT in front of the official, it was so obvious you couldnt NOT call it.

It was such a good throw, he didn't even need to push off, the defender wasn't even looking until the push off. It was sort of a give away that the ball was coming.

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Big ass classless cats! Boo friggin ho.

Steelers are Super Bowl XL Champs! So eat shit!

bmovierat
02-06-2006, 09:59 AM
A lot of the close calls did go the steelers way, but none were particularly blatent, with the exception of that cut block call against hassleback on Taylor's INT. The guy was just trying to make a play, there was no foul.

On the other hand, I thought there was one bad call that went against the steelers. In the first half, Seattle TE Jerremy Stevens actually catches the ball for once, makes a move up field and then gets leveled; he fumbles. Farrior would have recovered that ball if the refs wouldn't have whistled it dead and ruled it an incomplete pass.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Our win had nothing to do with............

Stevens dropping balls left and right.

Birdie WR's catching balls out of bounds.

Holmgren's clock management at the end of the first half.

Willie Parker busting open a 75 yard run to start the second half.

Ben scrambling and bombing a pass to Ward to set up the Ben TD (look at the photo, he broke the plain or will denial stop you?).

Hasselbeck throwing a pick to Ike Taylor which eventually led to a Steeler TD. While also over throwing his WR's.

Townsend and Hampton sacking Hasselbeck.

Gadget play from El to Ward.

Some people are completely clueless and pathetic.

24seven
02-06-2006, 12:10 PM
So I wonder how long this crying will last.. Being that not one sniffle will change the outcome will it ever end?? Will the world crumble and mountains fall and all will still be talking about the fix of Super Bowl XL?? Get over it.. it's been hours now .. let it go. time to start thinking about USC losing again next year..

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Jeez oh man. Give it up.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM
The phantom holding call on Locklear, to me WAS holding. If you watch it again, Locklear grabbed a hold of Haggans right shoulder pad and you aren't allowed to do that. To me it is a CLEAR holding penalty.

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Regardless of how many holding calls they complain about, I went back through and watched the game and there were a bunch more blatant holding no calls against the seashits...

dudechris88
02-06-2006, 12:59 PM
actually watch the locklear call, he can have is hands in front as long as he doesnt grab and pull, and he never grabbed his shoulder pads.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
actually watch the locklear call, he can have is hands in front as long as he doesnt grab and pull, and he never grabbed his shoulder pads.

Yes he did.

Hammer67
02-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I jsut watched slow mo alternate angles of the Roethlisberger TD and the ball did cross the plane. It was close, but it was a TD.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Let me know if this attachment works.

Milkman
02-06-2006, 07:20 PM
The Steelers are Super Bowl Champions and everyone else are just sore losers...period!

See all you whiny-ass crybabies next season!!! LOL

Suitanim
02-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Consider the source. Cats is the same clueless asshat that came over here ranting about "secret signals" between Kimo and Cowher just before the unintentional hit on Palmer.

Adolf Hitler is more credible than this loser...

Suitanim
02-10-2006, 06:38 PM
^ BUMP ^ for Cats

If you wanna keep this going I'll own your ass perpetually...

Motley Nate
02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Actually, I thought the officiating in Indy was worse. There were other games that were pitifully called. Were there questionable calls in the Super Bowl, yes. Were they on both sides of the ball, yes. There were plenty of no-calls on both ends.

There was a ton of build-up prior to the game about poor officiating. It was set-up that way by the media, to a point that people were looking for it. I found a large number of articles written the week prior to the Super Bowl about questionable calls throughout the year and the expectation that it would carry into the Super Bowl.

Until the NFL can find a way to make Ed Hochuli call every game, it's going to be that way. If you don't like the call he makes, he'll put you in a sleeper hold.

If people want to point a finger out the Super Bowl, point it also at the other games in all honesty.

http://www.polyfro.com/images/pipes.jpg

Milkman
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
:iagree: Nate is correct about the officiating in most of the playoff games this season.

Motley Nate
02-10-2006, 07:48 PM
:iagree: Nate is correct about the officiating in most of the playoff games this season.
I hardly every agree with certain refs. The two best in the business are Ed Hochuli or Mike Carey. Both get flack for making too many calls, but they are the right calls. No phantom or tuck calls or whistle-gulping.

*cough* Johnny Grier *cough* Walt Coleman *cough* Larry Nemers *cough*

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-10-2006, 07:58 PM
you know what

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
NO TIME FOR LOSERS
CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
OF THE WOOOORRRRLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

end of story

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Actually, I thought the officiating in Indy was worse. There were other games that were pitifully called. Were there questionable calls in the Super Bowl, yes. Were they on both sides of the ball, yes. There were plenty of no-calls on both ends.

There was a ton of build-up prior to the game about poor officiating. It was set-up that way by the media, to a point that people were looking for it. I found a large number of articles written the week prior to the Super Bowl about questionable calls throughout the year and the expectation that it would carry into the Super Bowl.

Until the NFL can find a way to make Ed Hochuli call every game, it's going to be that way. If you don't like the call he makes, he'll put you in a sleeper hold.

If people want to point a finger out the Super Bowl, point it also at the other games in all honesty.

http://www.polyfro.com/images/pipes.jpg great points nate. to add to that, you have about 65,000,000 people watching the game who are just casual fans or viewers who may not know the nuances of a pi call, or that you dont have to get the whole ball into the endzone for it to be a td. im not gonna let a whole bunch of housewives who get shoed out of the tv room anytime they step infront of the tv during a crucial playoff play influence the quality of this steelers win.

oh and hochuli and grier. nobady explains a penalty flag in more detail than grier.

(seattle and pittsburgh fans alike should both be greatful. atleast it wasnt phil luckett out there)

Motley Nate
02-10-2006, 08:28 PM
great points nate. to add to that, you have about 65,000,000 people watching the game who are just casual fans or viewers who may not know the nuances of a pi call, or that you dont have to get the whole ball into the endzone for it to be a td. im not gonna let a whole bunch of housewives who get shoed out of the tv room anytime they step infront of the tv during a crucial playoff play influence the quality of this steelers win.

oh and hochuli and grier. nobady explains a penalty flag in more detail than grier.

(seattle and pittsburgh fans alike should both be greatful. atleast it wasnt phil luckett out there)
To me, Grier seems to be destined to re-write the rule book.

burgh123
02-10-2006, 08:30 PM
WE WON THEY LOST ENOUGH SAID ONE FOR THE THUMB

burgh123
02-10-2006, 08:35 PM
WE WON THEY LOST ENOUGH SAID ONE FOR THE THUMB
How many times through out the years have we been penalized by bad offciating calls I would say were even now pats shouldnt have went the year we played for the super bowl who played favoritism there if I spelled it right troys interception oh I am sorry it wasnt .