PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger joins Steelers workout

SteelCityMom
04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Roethlisberger joins Steelers workout
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Ben Roethlisberger, busy with other matters the past two days, arrived at the Steelers training facility today for his first workout with his teammates.

The Steelers quarterback had not joined his teammates in their spring workouts while awaiting a ruling in Georgia on a sexual assault claim against him. Prosecutors there announced on Monday they would not pursue the case. On Tuesday, Roethlisberger met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York City to discuss matters, including what happened in Georgia.

Steelers veterans have been working out together since March 29, a date coach Mike Tomlin gave them to begin those activities. Tomlin will hold his first two practices -- or organized team activities --- April 19 and 20 and Roethlisberger is expected to participate in those as well.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10104/1050327-100.stm

siss
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Good boy!
See he isn't a completely lost cause!

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
...Yeah but,,,where is Ryan Clark at ?Oh yeah,,,at the ESPN studies doing his segment. NOT working out. NOT with his wife or kids. And certainly NOT with his Brothers in Pittsburgh.

steelax04
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
...Yeah but,,,where is Ryan Clark at ?Oh yeah,,,at the ESPN studies doing his segment. NOT working out. NOT with his wife or kids. And certainly NOT with his Brothers in Pittsburgh.

Yeah but... this was a thread about Ben joining the workouts...

truesteelerfan
04-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Finally.....back to Football!!!

Go Steelers!!!!

Steelers>NFL
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Any division in the locker room? Gotta wonder...
Sure hope not. But...

memphissteelergirl
04-14-2010, 10:22 AM

WTH is your problem with Ryan Clark???

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Good to hear. :thumbsup:

SteelKid212
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
i wonder if he feels like the odd man out right now.....

imagine just showing up for workouts, knowing the world thinks ur a rapist. taking advantage of drunk lil girls.

and then getting to work around heath miller,aron smith, hines, brett keisel, and other well respected veterans that have families, that are not known for partying out and players that are not known for making STUPID decisions off the field like that. very classy and well respected veterans.

i wonder how ben feels around them right now,.... :noidea:

Merchant
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM
i wonder if he feels like the odd man out right now.....

imagine just showing up for workouts, knowing the world thinks ur a rapist. taking advantage of drunk lil girls.

and then getting to work around heath miller,aron smith, hines, brett keisel, and other well respected veterans that have families, that are not known for partying out and players that are not known for making STUPID decisions off the field like that. very classy and well respected veterans.

i wonder how ben feels around them right now,.... :noidea:

I'm sure he feels fine. All of them are probably very close to one another having spent, what, 6 seasons together? I doubt Hines, Heath, or any of them actually believe any of those allegations. Because let's review these allegations:

1) Chick in Lake Tahoe: Legitimately psychotic.. had imaginary boyfriends.. didn't even press charges until a year after the incident

2) Chick in Georgia: Was drunk as hell. Skipped police interviews and didn't even want to press charges, indicating that in her letter to the D.A.

Yeah. I think Heath and Hines are too smart than to buy into all this crap.

Prok
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Finally.....back to Football!!!

Go Steelers!!!!

Step one of putting the bullshit behind us.

:tt: :tt::tt:

SteelKid212
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
1) Chick in Lake Tahoe: Legitimately psychotic.. had imaginary boyfriends.. didn't even press charges until a year after the incident

2) Chick in Georgia: Was drunk as hell. Skipped police interviews and didn't even want to press charges, indicating that in her letter to the D.A.

you have a good point.
but i guess now the real question is...

if those chicks are litterally CRAZY, WHY DOES BEN ALWAYS END UP AROUND THE CRAZY RETARDED GIRLS! :doh:
(maybe he knows he can mess with them and still get away wit it) somethin he wouldnt pull off with a normal chick.

but u gotta admitt... the teams dissapointed he even gets himself involved in those situations. one time i can accept. but TWICE!... they wont be too happy.

Steelers>NFL
04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but I bet they are getting tired of Ben's yearly offseason drama.
Get's old after while.

Merchant
04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
you have a good point.

if those chicks are litterally CRAZY, WHY DOES BEN ALWAYS END UP AROUND THE CRAZY RETARDED GIRLS! :doh:
(maybe he knows he can mess with them and still get away wit it) somethin he wouldnt pull off with a normal chick.

but u gotta admitt... the teams dissapointed he even gets himself involved in those situations. one time i can accept. but TWICE!... they wont be too happy.

You can't know a chick is crazy/retarded if you only know her for a few hours. Ben just likes women/sex. You can't really suspend him just because you question his morals. Look at Cromartie.. even though he got released he's not getting suspended for fathering 7 children with 6 different women in 5 states or something along those lines.

wootawnee
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey Ben......You trying out for the o-line, or for the next raging bull movie........You better lay off the twinkies.......

vasteeler
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but I bet they are getting tired of Ben's yearly offseason drama.
Get's old after while.

yeah but the SB victories sure dont

ysgi
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
you have a good point.

A Wize friend once told me that they are all nuts, they just live in different houses.

So I guess you are able to have that chick as your avatar? How do you know that she's not CRAZY.
And how the hell do you know how the rest of the team feels.

And who are you to draw the line in the sand that ONCE is OK but TWICE is WRONG.
If its Sexual Assult - its NOT ok EVEN ONCE.

Why does he have to live his life differently than anyone else in the world ???

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I just hope he can work off that double chin. Go from Ben Bloatlesberger back to Ben Roethlisberger!

SMR
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Ben......You trying out for the o-line, or for the next raging bull movie........You better lay off the twinkies.......

:chuckle:

pete74
04-14-2010, 02:50 PM

LOL

Galax Steeler
04-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Way to go Ben lets concentrate on getting the Steelers back to the Superbowl and quit pestering those ladys.

Gnutella
04-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Welcome back, Ben. Now get to work! You have some weight to lose, and some respect to earn back!

pete74
04-15-2010, 04:43 AM
he needs to get us back to the super bowl and you'll see how quickly people start buying his jersys again

stillers4me
04-15-2010, 05:48 AM
You do know rape victims often times do not want to be humiliated in front of the world dont you?

how does a woman get cuts on her vagina......get real i sure as hell will not support this guy, hes a pig

he also lied according to the police report, yeah Ben she sure hit her head falling.....the medical report proves she did not.

but of course yets make the 20 year old, who ben illegally provided alcohol to, the bad guy

Yes....tell us how a women gets cut on her genital area during sex. A laceration is a sharp cut by a sharp object. That happens while shaving, not during intercourse.

She said she ws not raped and then she said that maybe she was. So exactly which time was she lying?

While I would prefer that my QB stay out of clubs and far away from drunken coeds with fake ID's, if the NFL is going to start suspending based on morality, then they won't have enough players to start the season come September.

pete74
04-15-2010, 07:29 AM
sexual predators repeat their ish until they get caught for good

Now this is a dumb post. Let me start by saying ben is not a predator in my mind. As fir your post bro, it makes no sense. So your saying your not a sexual predator unless you get pinched?

polamalubeast
04-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Steelers listening to offers for Roethlisberger?
By Mark J. Miller

Embattled Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) may have gotten out of his current jam without being prosecuted by the law or suspended by the league, but his team is apparently extremely unhappy about the bad public relations he has brought to the team.

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson is reporting that the team is at a "tipping point" with Roethlisberger. Team ownership is apparently "shaken" by how much Steelers fans are irked by all the bad press their team is getting.

It's extremely hard to think the Steelers will actively shop Roethlisberger and replace him with backup Dennis Dixon(notes). But the team is apparently open to listening to offers for the quarterback that has taken them to two Super Bowl championships since he joined the Steelers in 2004.

Pittsburgh presumably would listen to offers up until the draft next week.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Related: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

memphissteelergirl
04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Steelers listening to offers for Roethlisberger?
By Mark J. Miller

Embattled Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) may have gotten out of his current jam without being prosecuted by the law or suspended by the league, but his team is apparently extremely unhappy about the bad public relations he has brought to the team.

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson is reporting that the team is at a "tipping point" with Roethlisberger. Team ownership is apparently "shaken" by how much Steelers fans are irked by all the bad press their team is getting.

It's extremely hard to think the Steelers will actively shop Roethlisberger and replace him with backup Dennis Dixon(notes). But the team is apparently open to listening to offers for the quarterback that has taken them to two Super Bowl championships since he joined the Steelers in 2004.

Pittsburgh presumably would listen to offers up until the draft next week.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Related: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

......aaaaannnd so it begins :shake01:

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 10:34 AM
you have a good point.

The crazy ones find the money.which is why you never saw any of these problems untill he signed that 100 million dollar contract.

SteelKid212
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes....tell us how a women gets cut on her genital area during sex. A laceration is a sharp cut by a sharp object. That happens while shaving, not during intercourse.

She said she ws not raped and then she said that maybe she was. So exactly which time was she lying?

While I would prefer that my QB stay out of clubs and far away from drunken coeds with fake ID's, if the NFL is going to start suspending based on morality, then they won't have enough players to start the season come September.

:thumbsup:

Prok
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
......aaaaannnd so it begins :shake01:

I'm tellin' ya, I see a trade in the future. There's a huge assed fall-out from this latest incedent. And i don't agree with it one bit.

CanadianSteel
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Well at last he got a haircut before joining his teammates :).

Prok.... I truly hope you are wrong in many of your posts, as I still support Ben and his right to try to turn his image around while being part of the Steelers.

If he gets traded to cut from fan backlash or image I would also be extremly upset.

memphissteelergirl
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm tellin' ya, I see a trade in the future. There's a huge assed fall-out from this latest incedent. And i don't agree with it one bit.

I hope you're wrong about that, Prok. I have no problem with Ben being under center this coming season IF he keeps his nose clean and "Little Ben" zipped up. We (as Americans) love a good comeback/redemption story, and there's no reason that this can't become one for Ben and the Steelers provided that Ben shows he is willing to do the work.