PDA

View Full Version : to all the people saying to trade Ben

mwittman5
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you forget that this guy has won 2 superbowls in 5 years? Sure Ben has made some dumb mistakes but hes human, we all make dumb mistakes in our lives, heck I'm only 19 and I've had my share of stupid mistakes. Like the DA said, Ben hasn't committed any crimes so whats the fuss about? If a single man going to a bar and trying to get with girls is wrong then there are millions of wrong people in this country. Ya its been pretty embarrassing for the steelers having Ben all over the news but as long as he wins superbowls idc what he does as long as he doesn't commit any crimes. All the people bashing him and saying to trade him, lets see if you are still saying that when hes out there winning us games again.

Steel_12
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Yay...another Ben thread

But I thought no one player is bigger than the organization?

browner3
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey I'm a 22 year old college student that goes to Miami Ohio. I am as big a Steeler fan as you will find. But get this straight. Ben's always been an ass hole and will always be an ass hole. I get drunk and go out with girls too, but I don't rape girls. I've personally seen him up here saying ridiculous stuff to some of my girl friends. He's an ass.

LamarrWoodleysFade
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I can't wait until the Steelers are in another close game and Ben comes through in the clutch, a la the Green Bay game, and see the love and support he receives again. I cannot wait.

If I was him at that point, I would say "go **** yourselfs" because of the way this city has turned on him and how fast it happened.

I know he messed up, but good Lord, suspend him and be done with it...

mwittman5
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey I'm a 22 year old college student that goes to Miami Ohio. I am as big a Steeler fan as you will find. But get this straight. Ben's always been an ass hole and will always be an ass hole. I get drunk and go out with girls too, but I don't rape girls. I've personally seen him up here saying ridiculous stuff to some of my girl friends. He's an ass.

most athletes are. not all athletes can be like troy and hines

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Being as ass isn't illegal. Most athletes are, starting in high school. I remember being in high school and the star football, basketball, and baseball were complete jerks. They cheated on their girlfriends. Hell, my freshman year the entire JV basketball team was expelled for getting blowjobs from a girl under the steps and in a classroom that wasn't being used.

Getting a blowjob and/or having sex in a public bathroom isn't illegal. He hasn't been charged in a court of law with sexual assault. Even the DA in Georgia said that from what he has been given, after examining the evidence, nothing ILLEGAL happened in that bathroom.

You seem upset because Ben was trying to get in the pants of some of your female friends. Maybe you're upset because he got in the pants of your girlfriend.

BlastFurnace
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
We trade Ben, we are a 6-10 to 8-8 team. This team will go nowhere without his play making ability.

SteelerFanInStl
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't wait until the Steelers are in another close game and Ben comes through in the clutch, a la the Green Bay game, and see the love and support he receives again. I cannot wait.

If I was him at that point, I would say "go **** yourselfs" because of the way this city has turned on him and how fast it happened.

:iagree: You know that they will.

SteelCityMom
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Getting a blowjob and/or having sex in a public bathroom isn't illegal.

Well, yeah it is...but only if you get caught lol.

seven86
04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
most athletes are. not all athletes can be like troy and hines

LOL, trust me, Hines is no saint, he just hides it much better than Ben.

Prok
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Agreed. My biggest fear is that all the legions of ppl without sin in this fanbase that are stoning Ben get's there way and we trade him. Get over it and give the guy a break ppl. He'll be OK.

desertsteel
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
He's a pig. The Steelers are better than small ben. Good riddance I say.

SteelGhost
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
He's a pig. The Steelers are better than small ben. Good riddance I say.

I hope you're being sarcastic :noidea:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Dont think Ben has ever been charged with rape. :coffee:

truesteelerfan
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Sign Ben to an extention!!!! I agree without Ben, we are an average football team....We still can surround him with enough talent to head to the SB again next season...without Ben, we don't. Rember the 80's and 90's?

I would think Steeler fans would be the most supportive of him right now....We know the fans of other teams would LOVE to see us release him...but I bet they would be salivating if their team picked him up! The due process ran its course....he was not only found innocent, but not even enough was found to charge him with anything at all!

He is our quarterback, support the entire team including him until he either retires, or plays elsewhere.

wiz1120
04-14-2010, 01:33 PM
If the Steelers trade Ben, I am going outside to start a bonfire to light all of my Steeler stuff on fire.

I am not waiting another 25 years for a franchise quarterback. I'm sorry, but I just can't go back to the Neil O'Donnel, Kordel Stewart, and Tommy Maddox's of the world. I CAN'T!!!

If the Steelers trade Ben, it will take me YEARS to get over this. I don't know if I would be able to watch them this season. I would be sick to my stomach.

And for all you people saying to trade him, you don't know what you got till it's gone. I wouldn't want any other qb in the league on my team. You're nuts if you think Manning or Brady could take the kind of beating he takes year in and year out. And you're even crazier if you think we can develop a quarterback while he gets sacked 50 times a season.

LVSteelersfan
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Ben is guilty. Of being a dumb A$$. I do agree with what someone else said earlier. Star athletes are almost all jerks. They get treated like gods from the time they are in high school, to college, and on to the pros if they are lucky. They should not be idolized for playing a stupid kid's game. They should be paid what normal people are paid instead of these outrageous millions of dollars contracts. Even kickers get millions of dollars. The whole system just breeds big heads and above the normal laws mentality.

wiz1120
04-14-2010, 01:37 PM
And people, please think of the source.

Every team that isn't the Steelers want Ben out of Pittsburgh. Therefore, there are going to be a lot of articles written about how "the Steelers need to get their image back", and "wow, they would have never put up with this before"

Prok
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
If the Steelers trade Ben, I am going outside to start a bonfire to light all of my Steeler stuff on fire.

I am not waiting another 25 years for a franchise quarterback. I'm sorry, but I just can't go back to the Neil O'Donnel, Kordel Stewart, and Tommy Maddox's of the world. I CAN'T!!!

If the Steelers trade Ben, it will take me YEARS to get over this. I don't know if I would be able to watch them this season. I would be sick to my stomach.

And for all you people saying to trade him, you don't know what you got till it's gone. I wouldn't want any other qb in the league on my team. You're nuts if you think Manning or Brady could take the kind of beating he takes year in and year out. And you're even crazier if you think we can develop a quarterback while he gets sacked 50 times a season.

F'n AYE !! i dunno how to but as soon as i figure it out i'm adding to your rep !!

colescott1
04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
What kills me....is trade him to who? All teams are under Goodell's watch, so what difference does it make if he's making bad decisions in Pittsburgh, or Buffalo, or St Louis? Bottom line, give him a suspension....show him that it matters, and enjoy his playmaking ability. You'll only hate him worse when he's still an azz in the offseason in another town, but takes them to a Superbowl!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I love all these fans that claim to be saints. They must have never uttered a curse word in their life, never smoked a cigarette or cigar, never had sex before marriage, never had a sip of alcohol (except for in church with Communion of course!).

They are the type of people that I can't stand, the holier than thou bunch. Probably 90% of them are hypocrites; do as I say, not as I do.

BlastFurnace
04-14-2010, 02:40 PM

Nice post. Anyone who thinks this team can win with Dennis Dixon, Charlie Batch, or whoever....is crazy. This is a 6-10 to 8-8 team without Ben.

...and trust me, between Bradshaw and O'Donnell...it was worse than the 90's stuff. Try Stoudt, Woodley, Malone, Scott Campbell, Bubby Brister for size. Malone was the most brutal QB the Steelers have had in my 35 years of following this team.

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Malone was the most brutal QB the Steelers have had in my 35 years of following this team.

Agreed. Didn't he just piss you off to no end when he'd throw (yet another) INT and jog off the field with a big smile on his face and laughing about it? :mad:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Agreed. Didn't he just piss you off to no end when he'd throw (yet another) INT and jog off the field with a big smile on his face and laughing about it? :mad:

I remember a QB by the name of Tommy Maddox that did the same thing at times.

Of course, I am not old enough to remember the Malone days. At least when Kordell threw an interception, he was upset about it.

Gnutella
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Dear Art,

Please keep Ben on the team. Besides, if it makes the "holier than thou" crowd stop cheering for the Steelers, then it'll be well worth it. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Gnutella

Prok
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Dear Art,

Please keep Ben on the team. Besides, if it makes the "holier than thou" crowd stop cheering for the Steelers, then it'll be well worth it. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Gnutella

LOL

and i second that motion ! :tt:

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
I love all these fans that claim to be saints. They must have never uttered a curse word in their life, never smoked a cigarette or cigar, never had sex before marriage, never had a sip of alcohol (except for in church with Communion of course!).

They are the type of people that I can't stand, the holier than thou bunch. Probably 90% of them are hypocrites; do as I say, not as I do.

There's no #@*&ing proof that I've ever had a cigarette or cigar (cough, cough) or had sex before marriage (well except that one girl, and well that one, and that one time....nevermind), and I'll be damned if I drink (hiccup)!

:drink: :thumbsup: :flap:

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
To all the people saying trade Ben:

SCREW YOU ALL!!! Go live in Baltimore! All of you can kiss my black and gold ass!! May all of you get herpes. That is all. :mad:

Gnutella
04-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Since 2004...

Pittsburgh's record in games Ben Roethlisberger starts: 60-26 (.698)
Pittsburgh's record in games Ben Roethlisberger does not start: 5-5 (.500)

The Steelers are essentially an 11-5 team with Roethlisberger, and an 8-8 team without him. To put it another way, no Roethlisberger makes the Steelers 20% worse. This means the player is valuable. You don't get rid of something valuable out of spite.

St33lersguy
04-14-2010, 03:32 PM
We trade Ben, we are a 6-10 to 8-8 team. This team will go nowhere without his play making ability.

I agree 100%.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
There's no #@*&ing proof that I've ever had a cigarette or cigar (cough, cough) or had sex before marriage (well except that one girl, and well that one, and that one time....nevermind), and I'll be damned if I drink (hiccup)!

:drink: :thumbsup: :flap:

:rofl:

Let me finish my beer and then tell people not to drink! :drink:

SteelersBry79
04-14-2010, 03:38 PM

Let me finish my cigarette and then tell people not to smoke

polamalubeast
04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Since 2004...

Pittsburgh's record in games Ben Roethlisberger starts: 60-26 (.698)
Pittsburgh's record in games Ben Roethlisberger does not start: 5-5 (.500)

The Steelers are essentially an 11-5 team with Roethlisberger, and an 8-8 team without him. To put it another way, no Roethlisberger makes the Steelers 20% worse. This means the player is valuable. You don't get rid of something valuable out of spite.

And the steelers are 8-2 in playoff with Roethlisberger and 2 super bowl ..... between 1992 and 2002, the steelers were 7-8 in the playoffs.

It was not only thanks to the defense if the steelers have won their super bowl!

But its not prevented its incidents are embarrassing and I think he'll be suspended, but I'd be disappointed if it is placed at the door like that was the case for Santonio:banging:

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Hey you spilled something on the floor there

Let me finish my cigarette and then tell people not to smoke

Please don't leave your butts laying around either.

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Getting a blowjob and/or having sex in a public bathroom isn't illegal
Oral sex is completely illegal here in Maryland, but we still do it. :banana:

plenewken
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Being as ass isn't illegal. Most athletes are, starting in high school. I remember being in high school and the star football, basketball, and baseball were complete jerks. They cheated on their girlfriends. Hell, my freshman year the entire JV basketball team was expelled for getting blowjobs from a girl under the steps and in a classroom that wasn't being used.

Getting a blowjob and/or having sex in a public bathroom isn't illegal. He hasn't been charged in a court of law with sexual assault. Even the DA in Georgia said that from what he has been given, after examining the evidence, nothing ILLEGAL happened in that bathroom.

You seem upset because Ben was trying to get in the pants of some of your female friends. Maybe you're upset because he got in the pants of your girlfriend.

You'll sing a different tune when an @sshole like Ben gets in your daughter's pants and treats her like sh*t.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
You'll sing a different tune when an @sshole like Ben gets in your daughter's pants and treats her like sh*t.

Don't have a daughter.

And honestly, if I did and that happened....I wouldn't just blame the guy. A woman who sleeps with someone she doesn't know is putting herself in that position. If it were my daughter, I would tell her that I am sorry it happened but maybe you learned a lesson from it.

Gnutella
04-14-2010, 04:12 PM

Not if she was drunk. I'd be asking her what the **** she was thinking.

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Any updates on idiot from Nevada, I haven't heard anything.

plenewken
04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't have a daughter.

And honestly, if I did and that happened....I wouldn't just blame the guy. A woman who sleeps with someone she doesn't know is putting herself in that position. If it were my daughter, I would tell her that I am sorry it happened but maybe you learned a lesson from it.

You said you wouldn't JUST blame the guy. That's strange!
Based on what you wrote before, I thought you wouldn't blame him at all. Care to tell us why you would ?

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 04:23 PM
You said you wouldn't JUST blame the guy. That's strange!
Based on what you wrote before, I thought you wouldn't blame him at all. Care to tell us why you would ?

It takes TWO people to have sex. Now when I have sex with someone, it's a person that a genuinely care about. I have to be actually seeing someone to have sex with them.

I would think the guy is a douchebag, but last I checked being one isn't illegal. Hell, some people think that I am a douchebag.

One night stands and quickies happen all the time. If I were to ever have a daughter and this would happen to her, her and the guy would have to share the blame. The guy has to accept the charge of genuine douchebag.....and well my daughter would have to accept the notion that she's easy.

People put themselves in situations. When they do so, they have to deal with the stigma from those situations. Ben has the stigma of a douchebag macho athlete. He's got to deal with that. I blame him for that stigma, because he brought it on himself.

canadasteel
04-14-2010, 06:53 PM
All you Ben haters take a pill. We are talking about a man that plays a game that we love and for a team that we love even more. We are not talking about the President, the Pope or the Queen. He hasn't raped anybody period. He likes to get a little bit of action with the ladies as most people his age do. The only difference is Ben is a high profile athlete. That attracts a lot of oppurtunistic people to him. I fault him for putting himself in bad situations. So what if he is an asshole to females, he is a great QB that plays for our beloved Steelers, he is not a rapist, a murdere, a pedophile,nor is he the Antichrist! Give him a break. His "asshole" attitude will in no way affect the lives of 99.99% of us(only the chicks he makes feel like *****s). Lets enjoy watching him win more SBs for the Steelers and forget that he treats women like *****s. All you haters ask yourselves how Ben's situation has really affected your lives. I bet not a whole bunch! Just shut the F@#%K UP!

SteelerFanInStl
04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Nice post. Anyone who thinks this team can win with Dennis Dixon, Charlie Batch, or whoever....is crazy. This is a 6-10 to 8-8 team without Ben.

...and trust me, between Bradshaw and O'Donnell...it was worse than the 90's stuff. Try Stoudt, Woodley, Malone, Scott Campbell, Bubby Brister for size. Malone was the most brutal QB the Steelers have had in my 35 years of following this team.

Yep, I'm not going through that crap again!

Kindjunior
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
He hasn't raped anybody period.

The truth is that we just dont know what happened, and we never will. I hope you are right. I also hope that he doesnt really hurt someone next time if you are wrong.

Preacher
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
The truth is that we just dont know what happened, and we never will. I hope you are right. I also hope that he doesnt really hurt someone next time if you are wrong.

bingo.

and the claim that "nothing happened" or that "it was purely consensual" is just as fabricated as the claim that he actually raped them.

In neither case has he been ABSOLVED of wrongdoing. In BOTH cases, there are QUESTIONS as to how much EVIDENCE can be brought to bare to PROVE he committed the act he was accused of.

Dodt
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
option a : trade ben , he goes to the superbowl with his new team then the bs stories come out from espn on the steelers getting rid of a quality play thats a bit troubled. nother 20 years without a steelers superbowl appearance
b ben stinks on ice with new team steelers win with dixon
c redeem himself both on and off the field

Prok
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
option a : trade ben , he goes to the superbowl with his new team then the bs stories come out from espn on the steelers getting rid of a quality play thats a bit troubled. nother 20 years without a steelers superbowl appearance
b ben stinks on ice with new team steelers win with dixon
c redeem himself both on and off the field

Give me option C and get all these ppl on their holy high horses passing judgement to shut up.

This crap is getting wayyyyyyyyyy old with me....

X-Terminator
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm with Prok. The Rooneys should just go ahead and trade Ben. Then I want to sit back and watch all of these fans calling for his head start whining and crying about how they can't win the big game because the QB sucks. In other words, just like the 29 years between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Gnutella
04-14-2010, 10:43 PM
There's a reason I have not been to Stillers.com since last weekend. The people who post on that board are even bigger shitheads than Roethlisberger is.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
There's a reason I have not been to Stillers.com since last weekend. The people who post on that board are even bigger shitheads than Roethlisberger is.

Your right ! i have read all of your posts too.

desertsteel
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope you're being sarcastic :noidea:

Uhm no... He's a pig and we're better off without him. No sarcasm.

tube517
04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Malone sucked but he went to the AFC Championship game.

Cliff Stoudt was the worst of the post Bradshaw era. He was so bad, when he went to the USFL and played against the Pittsburgh USFL team, they booed him and threw snowballs at him. He lasted one season and even a one armed Bradshaw came back and started one game and made it look easy. This was during the season Stoudt started.

(Kent Graham was also bad but he lasted 3 games?) He sucked bad.

I'm having bad memories already.
:banging:

MACH1
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
So how many trade or ben is an ass threads do we need. :doh: