PDA

View Full Version : Where's the outrage???

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
While I was reading the article about Patrick Kerney retiring, I noticed this little nugget on the side of the page. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Florio get up on his pulpit and demand that the Seahawks clean up their team and cut , trade or suspend him........ and nobody is calling this guy a turd and and wife beater and the team classless and scummy. There's not 100 posts about him like there was about James Harrison and Santonio, not to mention the drawing and quartering that Ben just suffered on PFT. I guess only the Steelers are supposed to be choirboys.

I hate hypocrisy. :mad:

Seahawks LB Hill arrested for investigation of domestic violence
Associated Press

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks starting linebacker Leroy Hill was arrested for investigation of domestic violence in the Seattle suburb of Issaquah over the weekend, just days after reaching a plea deal on a marijuana charge in Georgia.

Hill was arrested by Issaquah police and booked into that city's jail early Sunday for investigation of assault in the fourth degree/domestic violence.

According to a release from Issaquah police, officers responded to a complaint of a domestic dispute late Saturday night at the Hill residence. Officers determined there had been a dispute between Hill and his girlfriend.

Police said Hill's girlfriend had obvious marks and injuries indicating an assault had occurred, and she alleged Hill had caused these injuries.

He was taken into custody without incident. Hill posted bail and was released. Seattle starts a voluntary three-day minicamp on Tuesday.

"While we are still in the process of gathering information, we are aware of the situation involving Leroy Hill and take these issues very seriously," Seahawks GM John Schneider said in a statement late Monday afternoon. "We will wait to receive all the facts before commenting further."

Hill's latest run-in with the law came less than two weeks after he dealt with a marijuana charge in Georgia. On April 1, Hill received 12 months of probation in Georgia after pleading guilty to a charge of marijuana possession stemming from a January 2009 traffic stop in suburban Atlanta.

As part of his plea in Georgia, Hill agreed to complete an outpatient drug and alcohol abuse counseling program and 30 hours of community service.

Hill, who has started 61 of his 67 career games for Seattle, must also pay fines in Georgia totaling $500. He is subject to random drug testing. If he completes all the requirements in 12 months, he can petition the court to have the conviction erased from his record under the jurisdiction's conditional discharge program.

The 27-year-old Hill could be subject to testing and possible discipline in the NFL's confidential substance abuse program.

The Douglas County sheriff's office said last year that Hill had apparently fallen asleep behind the wheel at a major intersection early on a Saturday morning. Officers found less than one ounce of marijuana in the vehicle. Hill was released after posting a $1,500 bond.

Two days after the incident, Hill said he was embarrassed by "the poor judgment I showed."

The Seahawks then placed their franchise tag for 2009 on Hill to keep him from leaving for free agency. He refused to sign an $8.3 million tender offer but eventually signed a six-year contract worth a guaranteed $15.5 million. The deal could potentially be worth $38 million.

Hill's agent, Todd France, said last year that Seattle placing the franchise tag on Hill showed the marijuana incident was behind the Seahawks as of February 2009, and that his client remains a valued member of the team that drafted him in the third round out of Clemson in 2005.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8177c783&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I guess it's cause were one of the big teams and we'll get that bad news taken against us. :noidea:

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I guess it's cause were one of the big teams and we'll get that bad news taken against us. :noidea:

We can't even win a freaking superbowl without everybody accusing us of cheating and paying off the refs.

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
We can't even win a freaking superbowl without everybody accusing us of cheating and paying off the refs.
People are always going to say things, it's just the way people are.

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
People are always going to say things, it's just the way people are.

I didn't hear anything like this about the Saints or the Colts or the Giants. We all know that the Pats* are cheaters so that doesn't count. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
O I'm pretty sure things were said... there was a conspiracy theory that Peyton threw the game away with that interception for more money.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-14-2010, 08:40 PM
O I'm pretty sure things were said... there was a conspiracy theory that Peyton threw the game away with that interception for more money.

Someone also told me that Peyton threw the game away because his dad asked him to, that way the Saints fans can see their team win a Super Bowl and help lift the spirits of those displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I didn't hear anything like this about the Saints or the Colts or the Giants. We all know that the Pats* are cheaters so that doesn't count. :chuckle:

And they weren't accused of that until 3 years after they "won*" their last one. We've heard it nonstop since SB XL and SB XLIII ended.

SteelCityMom
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Nobody cares about the Seahawks. Bad stories about the Steelers and their players get's PFT more hits because so many people hate the Steelers. You make a good point, but that's just the way it is.

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Actually, I heard all about the Hill thing when it happened. It was all over ESPN. And a national story was wrote that said the Seahawks have banned Hill from their facility. So I don't get the point of this thread.

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Actually, I heard all about the Hill thing when it happened. It was all over ESPN. And a national story was wrote that said the Seahawks have banned Hill from their facility. So I don't get the point of this thread.

No, you don't.

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
No, you don't.

So explain it to me. Cause this story has received as much as the Ben story. It just hasn't garnished the same attention from the fans, that's all. But Goodell isn't sweeping the Hill thing under the rug or anything. So please don't go there cause you haven't got any argument. So what is the point then ?

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I've never did hear about this.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Really? :coffee: All over ESPN?

I would say I keep myself pretty well informed on the NFL and sports in general. I watch PTI and Sport Center everyday and I visit sports sites daily and this story has got no where near the coverage as Big Ben's situation has. Hell the allegations against Holmes got more publicity than the Hill story.

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I've never did hear about this.

Well maybe you should learn how to use a computer then.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/13/1145865/leroy-hill-in-trouble-on-eve-of.html

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/418333_hill12.html

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/13/1146879/seahawks-tell-lb-hill-to-stay.html

I guess the thread starter missed these. Maybe he is too busy watching too much of Paris Hilton's new reality TV Show:popcorn:

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/13/1145865/leroy-hill-in-trouble-on-eve-of.html

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/13/1146879/seahawks-tell-lb-hill-to-stay.html

I guess the thread starter missed these. Maybe he is too busy watching too much of Paris Hilton's new reality TV Show:popcorn:

You quote 3 stories to compare to the gazillion stories written about Harrison, Holmes, and Ben? And all the Steeler bashing being done as a result of them?

She is not amused.

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Funny how you have Washington newspapers... good job. I live on the East Coast and don't look at any West Coast papers.

SteelCityMom
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM

Uhhh, yeah, seriously...two sources in the Seattle area are reporting on this. SHOCKING!

And to add to the OP's original point...sites like PFT have done ONE story on this matter and as of now it has gotten 18 responses. Anything with Holmes or Roethlisberger on that site gets hundreds of responses per story and PFT has been doing numerous stories per day on the two. Just goes to show you who the fans of all football teams are focusing on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/seahawks-tell-leroy-hill-to-stay-home/

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 10:09 PM
You go from there were NO stories about Hill, just a little blurb in another Headline to Oh, I posted nothing but Washington Papers stories...What's the difference ? Today on ESPN First Take there was a whole segment on Hill's situation with John Clayton...I guess you missed todays show huh ? And of course a National 2-time winning QB is gonna receive more attention than a LB for a average team. But that is not Hypocrisy, that's just life. Get over yourself. Ben actually up until the past few days has received minimul coverage on this recent event. It's been totally fair and equal.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 10:21 PM
So explain it to me. Cause this story has received as much as the Ben story. It just hasn't garnished the same attention from the fans, that's all. But Goodell isn't sweeping the Hill thing under the rug or anything. So please don't go there cause you haven't got any argument. So what is the point then ?

You have to be kidding there is no way in hell this got the press that the ben story had and the point of the thread is where is the outrage from all these same people attacking ben? Im pretty sure nobody will be asking terry bradshaw what he thinks or asking armani toomer how many games he should get. Not to mention the pressure put on goodell to suspend ben people could care less if he suspends hill. Why is the question.

SteelCityMom
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
What about the fact that Holmes' whole ordeal has garnished way more national attention than Hills' ever will.

Of course Ben's case is going to get more press...but when you compare Holmes' case vs. Hill's case, Holmes' is going to get more press every time because he plays for the Steelers and not the Seahawks.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
This story has had so much press i dont even know the guys first name, all i know is it was Hill.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
if you suspend a guy for making poor choices for 4 games , how many games do you suspend a guy who is arrested for beating his wife for?

Psyychoward86
04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Media Attention: Leroy Hill vs. Big Ben

i think we all know who wins everytime

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Media Attention: Leroy Hill vs. Big Ben

i think we all know who wins everytime

And your point is ? I mean who cares ? I remember back in the day when Terry Bradshaw had a affair on his then very popular wife Jo-Jo Starbuck, HELL that got more national attention then the KENNEDY Assassination did..:applaudit:

Who cares ? I only care that Ben was Not charged. And care about if he will be suspended. But as more media coverage...please, get over it.

tube517
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Seattle has a football team?

X-Terminator
04-14-2010, 11:51 PM
This was the first I'd heard of the Hill incident. Of course, I've had to deal with other issues, so I haven't exactly been keeping up on the news lately.

At any rate, any Steelers-related anything will always get more attention because...well, they're the Steelers, and just about everyone who doesn't wear black and gold on Sundays hates their guts and will look for any reason to tear them down.

X-Terminator
04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
You have to be kidding there is no way in hell this got the press that the ben story had and the point of the thread is where is the outrage from all these same people attacking ben? Im pretty sure nobody will be asking terry bradshaw what he thinks or asking armani toomer how many games he should get. Not to mention the pressure put on goodell to suspend ben people could care less if he suspends hill. Why is the question.

Exactly. There won't be anywhere near the outrage over this that there has been over Ben and Holmes because it doesn't involve the Steelers, plain and simple. I don't know how anyone can deny that.

steelerdude15
04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
You go from there were NO stories about Hill, just a little blurb in another Headline to Oh, I posted nothing but Washington Papers stories...What's the difference ? Today on ESPN First Take there was a whole segment on Hill's situation with John Clayton...I guess you missed todays show huh ? And of course a National 2-time winning QB is gonna receive more attention than a LB for a average team. But that is not Hypocrisy, that's just life. Get over yourself. Ben actually up until the past few days has received minimul coverage on this recent event. It's been totally fair and equal.
I have still yet to hear ANYTHING about this issue on ESPN, ESPN news, ESPN 2, ESPN Radio, NFL Network, etc. And all the listed above channels are still talking about Big Ben. Even on the Seahawks' website, there's one little thing on it and that's a statement... that's it.

memphissteelergirl
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
The only news I heard about the incident involving Hill was when Mike and Mike mentioned it on their show Monday (I think). They were just making a comparison as to how much press it was getting vs. the press involving Ben. Like a lot of folks here, they concluded that a LB is not going to get as much attention as the franchise QB.

Unfair? Yes.....but sadly, it is what it is. :noidea:

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
And your point is ?

um...Ben is a national icon and hill isnt?