PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon

PhantomJB93
04-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Just thought this forum needed a change in scenery if you know what I mean. :rofl:

To make this slightly on-topic, do you trust him to start over Batch in the event of a you-know-who (not going to say his name because Ive heard it too much recently lol) suspension?

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep. He has to get experience somehow. Besides, chances are he'd start anyway because Batch would probably trip over the down marker chain and fracture an ankle when he tried to get on the field.

Merchant
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I like Dixon more than batch. Especially his ability to make plays with his legs. I still can't believe Batch made one throw all season and broke his wrist. Pathetic lol

tube517
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I want to see DD play. I think Batch is really serving as a QB Coach/Mentor and is good for DD.

Just thought this forum needed a change in scenery if you know what I mean. :rofl:

To make this slightly on-topic, do you trust him to start over Batch in the event of a you-know-who (not going to say his name because Ive heard it too much recently lol) suspension?

MACH1
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Yep. He has to get experience somehow. Besides, chances are he'd start anyway because Batch would probably trip over the down marker chain and fracture an ankle when he tried to get on the field.

I figured he'd throw his shoulder out brushing his teeth.

tony hipchest
04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
matt cassell was on the verge of being a training camp cut, then was thrown into the fire and pulled out an 11-5 season for the patriots.

then again, he didnt have bruce arians as his genius coordinator (who should use him as a WR/KR to avoid wasting his talent) so who knows.

i do feel he's capable of executing a well thought out game-plan as shown vs the ravens last year (ben lost his 1st game played vs. the ravens in 2004 with pretty decent stats and an int).

wootawnee
04-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd like to see DD in the wildcat.....We might as well utilize him as another weapon in our arsenal..........The dude can flat out scat........

MaidenIndiana
04-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Hell yeah Dixon would do o.k. He almost beat the Ravens last year with no real preperation because he wasn't going to start till the night before the game. At least if a suspension is given to you know who, Dixon will at least get some snaps and practice time in advance of starting

Galax Steeler
04-15-2010, 05:13 AM
I would say yes Dixon just needs to get some playing time and get the feel for the game. Batch has to be getting toward the end of his career.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I want to see DD play. I think Batch is really serving as a QB Coach/Mentor and is good for DD.

Yeah, i would love to see Batch take a job with the Steelers after his playing day's are over.

SteelerFanInStl
04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Yes I do. He's had one chance in the Baltimore game last year and played pretty well. He just needs more experience.

Shoes
04-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I liked DD from day one. He has a very good arm and can run, Chuck is coaching material.

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Yes love dixion he is still raw but i would much rather have him in than batch.

Fire Haley
04-15-2010, 09:54 AM
He still got them stick legs - he should take a couple cheeseburgers off Ben's plate

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/fantasy_football_maniaxs/dennis_dixon.jpg

steelerdave1969
04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I love Mr Dixon myself and enjoyed watching him in College at Oregon. He is flat out fast and very agile. Anyone who can question his ability just go back and watch the Ravens game where he only Friday and part of Saturday to prepare to start. He has a pretty darn good game against a pretty good defense and made one mistake with the INT in OT. He has the tools and I am here to say that the games that Ben is suspended, and I am thinking that he will be, is his Big Chance to take this team over and show that he can or could be our starting QB in 2011. He is a winner and I am not worried about him being in there, but saying that I know Batch will Not Lose games for us either.

SteelGhost
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
One more vote for DD :thumbsup:

I think Batch is here to mentor DD as someone else said. I hope he doesn't need to play and get injured... again.

tube517
04-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Get used to Hilgrove calling this in the first 2-4 games:

Dixon goes back, scrambles, pass......TOUCHDOWN Mike Wallace!

oldschool
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Please tell me DD is married, or at least has a steady girl friend:chuckle:

Start him and say good by to what his name, ........started with....a.....B, :wave:

pancake
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not as high on DD as most of you are. I just hope he can win at least half the games he will play during BB suspension. :noidea:

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Dixon is not an NFL caliber QB and really shouldn't step on the field.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Start him and say good by to what his name, ........started with....a.....B, :wave:

Give me a f'n break. Steeler fans are f'n retarded, seriously.

Sharkissle29
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Im actually excited to see this guy start 2-4 games.

Unfortunately, if he does well, we may not see him back when his contract expires :(

oldschool
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Give me a f'n break. Steeler fans are f'n retarded, seriously.

Seriously, this kid has pissed off a lot of extremely loyal and long time fans of this team to the point, that I would rather follow a team with a losing season, make that seasons, than put up with any more of his BULL S**T!!!!!

I say bring on Dennis Dixon:tt03:

BlastFurnace
04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm not as high on DD as most of you are. I just hope he can win at least half the games he will play during BB suspension. :noidea:

I'm not high on him either. If the Steelers split the games he plays in, I will count it as a plus.

IMO, the defense kept the Ravens game close last year. Not Dennis Dixon.

BlastFurnace
04-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Don't count me in at all for wanting Ben to leave. No way. If your really "Old School", you'll remember how bad it was before Bradshaw and between Bradshaw and Ben.

solardave
04-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Dixon has the talent of Stewart with a brain to think on his feet. He won't just take off running if the play's not there.I thank Charlie for his years of service but I think he needs to be coaching. Dixon can win games if and when we need him.

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Seriously, this kid has pissed off a lot of extremely loyal and long time fans of this team to the point, that I would rather follow a team with a losing season, make that seasons, than put up with any more of his BULL S**T!!!!!

I say bring on Dennis Dixon:tt03:

:rofl: Yeah let's be the Cleveland Browns for a decade.. Pure awesome.

Dixon is a backup QB and isn't as good as Kordell was.. And 85% of you like him? Too Funny..

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Dixon has the talent of Stewart with a brain to think on his feet. He won't just take off running if the play's not there.I thank Charlie for his years of service but I think he needs to be coaching. Dixon can win games if and when we need him.

Stewart had talent?

AllD
04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Dixon will be starting at least the first game and maybe the second. So you will have an opportunity to see how effective he is.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 05:20 PM
When will the typical momo fan realize there's no room in the NFL for your run 1st throw 2nd scrambling quarterback anymore. Yeah they may be exciting to watch at times, but you aren't going to go anywhere with them. The rules of the game now heavily favor the pocket passer and that is the only type of QB that will be successful in the league. I refuse to support this team and go through another Kordell Stewart era with Dixon if Ben is traded purely on these accusations.

oldschool
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
:rofl: Yeah let's be the Cleveland Browns for a decade.. Pure awesome.

Dixon is a backup QB and isn't as good as Kordell was.. And 85% of you like him? Too Funny..

Some of you are threatening to quit supporting the Steelers if they get rid of Ben, I think the Rooneys are more afraid of how many will quit supporting the team if they don't, the natives are starting to get restless and the drum beat may be starting to grow louder.

I do remember the years before Brad ( they said he was too dumb to play quarter back), the tale of two Terrys ( will it be Hanratti or Bradshaw), The 80s, O'Donnell's 2 beautiful throws to the wrong colored uniform, Tomzack, Kordel and the Denver playoff game, Tommy Gun. In that time we have had some bone head players, do some stupid stuff off the field, some of it pretty serious, but Ben is starting to make Michael Vick and Tiger Woods look good. At least no humans were hurt by Vick, and none of the women involved with Tiger seam to be complaining about the encounter. Broadway Joe liked to go out and he liked the ladies, but I don't recall any of the ladies complaining about it.

I'm sorry I don't support the win at any cost mentality, if it takes a decade of loosing, so be it, we’ve lived through it before, it was only what 26 years between rings 4 and 5.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Some of you are threatening to quit supporting the Steelers if they get rid of Ben, I think the Rooneys are more afraid of how many will quit supporting the team if they don't, the natives are starting to get restless and the drum beat may be starting to grow louder.

I do remember the years before Brad ( they said he was too dumb to play quarter back), the tale of two Terrys ( will it be Hanratti or Bradshaw), The 80s, O'Donnell's 2 beautiful throws to the wrong colored uniform, Tomzack, Kordel and the Denver playoff game, Tommy Gun. In that time we have had some bone head players, do some stupid stuff off the field, some of it pretty serious, but Ben is starting to make Michael Vick and Tiger Woods look good. At least no humans were hurt by Vick, and none of the women involved with Tiger seam to be complaining about the encounter. Broadway Joe liked to go out and he liked the ladies, but I don't recall any of the ladies complaining about it.

I'm sorry I don't support the win at any cost mentality, if it takes a decade of loosing, so be it, we’ve lived through it before, it was only what 26 years between rings 4 and 5.

And some of you, including yourself continue to talk like Ben has actually been CHARGED with a crime instead of just ACCUSED. Ask Laker fans if any of them wish Kobe Bryant was traded after he was ACCUSED of rape.

SMR
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
And some of you, including yourself continue to talk like Ben has actually been CHARGED with a crime instead of just ACCUSED. Ask Laker fans if any of them wish Kobe Bryant was traded after he was ACCUSED of rape.

I see your point, but this is Ben's second "incident" so far. Kobe had one incident and we never heard anything else about him in that light since. Ben is a different story.

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Exactly.. Great point. .

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I see your point, but this is Ben's second "incident" so far. Kobe had one incident and we never heard anything else about him in that light since. Ben is a different story.

OK...and I could go to the media right now and say Ben sexually assaulted my sister at a nightclub, even though it's not true. The media would be all over it...would that be Ben's THIRD incident?

Anyone can make accusations...until he's actually charged with a crime, people need to stop talking about him like he's a convicted rapist.

JCPsteelers
04-15-2010, 06:24 PM

There was an arrest warrant issued for Big Ben?

BlastFurnace
04-15-2010, 06:38 PM

No one is saying that Ben is a great guy. But if we are going to clean house of all of our SB XLIII heroes, since we already got rid of one, and some of you are wanting to get rid of Ben....let's get rid of the third SB XLIII hero...James Harrison...since he's been guilty of physically assaulting a woman...the mother of his child. Let's complete the Trifecta and get rid of all 3 of these players. It may be time to rescind the offer to Jeff Reed as well with the legal issues he has had.

Again, I'm not saying that Ben is a great guy. I wouldn't want anything to do with him, but I don't want him off the team either.

The NFL is full of guys who do dumb stuff off the field. The Steelers have had some on their roster over the years, but have chosen not to impose discipline equally in some circumstances. It's the way life is. The "Steeler Way" has not shown to mean "Pure and White" in the past.

pancake
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Im actually excited to see this guy start 2-4 games.

Unfortunately, if he does well, we may not see him back when his contract expires :(

If he does well we can trade him for a draft pick, how high depends on his stock.