PDA

View Full Version : i am convinced

steeltown
02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
that the nfl is fixed now more than ever! i am glad we won, but c'mon fellow fans, those calls agains seattle were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want people to remember this win as a gift or a win w/an asterik. ben played horrible, no excuses anymore about his youth (he has played two full years and six playoff games). joey porter and his mouth are bigger than his game, this has been consistent for him anyways.

i feel relieved we won, but it just feels tarnished after how bad the officials are. after the indy game, its like the nfl was going to do whatever it took to give us the bowl. i am sure i will get heat from this board, but be objective and realize what other fans and spectators realized what was quite evident.

:dang:

Rotorhead
02-06-2006, 10:09 AM
HHmmmm, joined Feb 06, 2 posts . . . definately not a true steeler fan . . . no point in even wasting the effort in arguing an obvious Seachicken fan.

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
well, what calls are you talking about? I mean the few most obvious calls I am thinking of would be offensive pass intereference, the ben TD and the hold on the kickoff return.

The offensive pass intereference call, however ticky-tacky it was was just that, a push off, it gave the receiver leverage to make the play, had he not pushed off he probably still would have made the play but, then why did he push, as for the official calling it, when you watched the play develop right in front of you and you see the receiver's arms stretched out pushing the defender and then see the seperation, most officials I believe would make the same call. Although, I agree in hind sight it was ticky tacky, but still, you have to realize these officials are wathing the game at game speed in the heat of the moment.

The Ben TD I think was a good call. I think the ball crossed the plain while ben was in the air.

The holding on the return, was my biggest skeptical call I guess.

They hurt themselves with a lot of legitamate holding penalties, where the lineman were grabbing the defenders around the throats. I think there were quite a few plays where I saw blatant holds that didnt get called, that could have benefitted us also. I mean, people are making a huge deal about the officials, I understand where they are coming from, but you gotta step in the officials shoes for a minute also...

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 10:12 AM
HHmmmm, joined Feb 06, 2 posts . . . definately not a true steeler fan . . . no point in even wasting the effort in arguing an obvious Seachicken fan.

AGREED! Your post exposed you for a fraud. The calls were no where near what you would like to portray. How about Seattle NOT commit pass interference and holding on every other play. That would have helped them. There were SEVERAL holding calls on the Seattle OL that the refs completely missed. How about the block in the back that was delivered to Roethlisberger after he threw the pick? Instead of getting the ball at the 20, Seattle should have started at about the 40 the penality. Since Seattle could only go 20 yards for their only TD, they probably don't get into the endzone.

....now go back to your Seattle boards and moan.....

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 10:14 AM
You know what.. who gives a flying rat's arse!! I will NOT allow anyone to tell me this game was won becuz the officials suck.

Did the officials do the reverse to Randle El for the TD to ward? NO
Did the officials let Willie run 75 yds for a TD ? No ?
Did the officials have the 3 sacks ? No

on and on and on... screw it, we won, its over.

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 10:16 AM

Get the **** out loser!!! STEELTOWN, YOU ARE NO STEELERS FAN. No Steelers fan would talk that way after what endured during the playoffs....Even if you were right, FINALLY IT WENT OUR WAY FOR ONCE!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 10:17 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=68794#post68794

Continue being convinced. Your sad.

steeltown
02-06-2006, 10:28 AM
no, not even close to a seachicken fan!!!!!!!!! that is funny, thinking i am not a true steeler fan. yes i joined today, because i am just astonished at what transpired yesterday, good and bad. i usually dont read forums, just newspapers and espn. thats where i go to hear all the b.s., but wanted to hear the "expert and true" fans here.

any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome. the holding penalty down to the 1 yard line, we would of been losing a play later in the 4th quarter. wow, that close to losing it all!

and yes i agree, we went through a lot in the playoffs, but people keep telling me about the cincy qb getting hurt and not having to play the patriots! do we go into new england and win? not sure and glad we dont have to find out!

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
no, not even close to a seachicken fan!!!!!!!!! that is funny, thinking i am not a true steeler fan. yes i joined today, because i am just astonished at what transpired yesterday, good and bad. i usually dont read forums, just newspapers and espn. thats where i go to hear all the b.s., but wanted to hear the "expert and true" fans here.

any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome. the holding penalty down to the 1 yard line, we would of been losing a play later in the 4th quarter. wow, that close to losing it all!

and yes i agree, we went through a lot in the playoffs, but people keep telling me about the cincy qb getting hurt and not having to play the patriots! do we go into new england and win? not sure and glad we dont have to find out!

Nah man, haven't you learned yet that nearly every person in the media hates Pittsburgh... Those columnists/analysts are dousche bags... Sometimes I wonder if they watch the same game...

steeltown
02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
you are right, the media really dislikes pittsburgh. i have noticed it even more the last two years.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Wait a minute here............Skip Bayless is this you? :tt02: :tt03:

SteelersGirlTN7
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
You know what.. who gives a flying rat's arse!! I will NOT allow anyone to tell me this game was won becuz the officials suck.

Did the officials do the reverse to Randle El for the TD to ward? NO
Did the officials let Willie run 75 yds for a TD ? No ?
Did the officials have the 3 sacks ? No

on and on and on... screw it, we won, its over.

EXACTLY ..

Also...

the REFS did not make Seattle manage the clock poorly at the end of the 1st half

the REFS did not make Matt Hasselbeck overthrow balls

the REFS did not make Jerramy Stevens drop so many balls

the REFS did not make the kicker MISS 2 field goals

Seattle had a million opportunities and just couldnt capitalize .. .

Im sick of hearing all this talk on ESPN about how Seattle was robbed ... that this win was tainted...... and that this game was forgettable b/c it was so awful.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM

You ain't a STEELER fan that's for sure, it's a crime for you to even portray yourself in that light. You will find in this forum "objective and true" fans! There is no such thing as a expert fan,are you really that as$ine?? What this forum has is people that will respect someone with the balls to come in here flying their teams colors.What we don't put up with is wannabe "steeler fans " who come in here and spout the :poop: that you are trying to pass off as an objective opinion. Get off our BUS, go find another bandwagon to jump on!:flipoff:

Any call in the game can have an effect on the game. Many times the refs call out a wrong number of a player on a penalty, could they have just called out the wrong number?? Why not call the block in the back on Ben during the return?? Were they afraid of another "Immaculate Tackle"?

steeltown
02-06-2006, 11:10 AM
uh, ben got pasted on that return after that flutterball he threw! probably was the logo on the balls fault.

yeah, you know me, my burgh blood. it hurts to have objective fans post. maybe i should just post all the info. a majority want to hear??? would that calm all the blood pressure down here??? sheesh.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM
well, what calls are you talking about? I mean the few most obvious calls I am thinking of would be offensive pass intereference, the ben TD and the hold on the kickoff return.

The offensive pass intereference call, however ticky-tacky it was was just that, a push off, it gave the receiver leverage to make the play, had he not pushed off he probably still would have made the play but, then why did he push, as for the official calling it, when you watched the play develop right in front of you and you see the receiver's arms stretched out pushing the defender and then see the seperation, most officials I believe would make the same call. Although, I agree in hind sight it was ticky tacky, but still, you have to realize these officials are wathing the game at game speed in the heat of the moment.

The Ben TD I think was a good call. I think the ball crossed the plain while ben was in the air.

The holding on the return, was my biggest skeptical call I guess.

They hurt themselves with a lot of legitamate holding penalties, where the lineman were grabbing the defenders around the throats. I think there were quite a few plays where I saw blatant holds that didnt get called, that could have benefitted us also. I mean, people are making a huge deal about the officials, I understand where they are coming from, but you gotta step in the officials shoes for a minute also...
You guys are just so unbelieveable. What calls? DUH! The bad call that called Seattle for PI and took away their TD and the call which gave the STEELERS a TD they didn`t get LITTLE BEN was well down before the ball went across. I guess the bank robber just won`t say I know who did it.:busted: :busted:

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-06-2006, 11:22 AM
You guys are just so unbelieveable. What calls? DUH! The bad call that called Seattle for PI and took away their TD and the call which gave the STEELERS a TD they didn`t get LITTLE BEN was well down before the ball went across. I guess the bank robber just won`t say I know who did it.:busted: :busted:WAAH! WAAH! WAAH! Go have a Latte.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
You guys are just so unbelieveable. What calls? DUH! The bad call that called Seattle for PI and took away their TD and the call which gave the STEELERS a TD they didn`t get LITTLE BEN was well down before the ball went across. I guess the bank robber just won`t say I know who did it.:busted: :busted:

I'm glad we have knowledable women that post in this forum! whether you like it or not that was PI ,maybe ticky tacky but still pass interference. Open your eyes ,and mind, and look at the pictures the ball broke the plane of the goal which is located in the endzone, TOUCHDOWN!! Come back when you know the rules!

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM

Seahawks were jobbed on several calls, but so were the Steelers in the Indy game.

Steelers overcame it, the Seahawks did not, which has everything to do with the Seahawks playing well below their potential. You cannot blame it all on the refs.

Deal with it.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Seahawks were jobbed on several calls, but so were the Steelers in the Indy game.

Steelers overcame it, the Seahawks did not, which has everything to do with the Seahawks playing well below their potential. You cannot blame it all on the refs.

Deal with it.

Very well stated!! :thumbsup:

SuperMan313
02-06-2006, 11:35 AM

Deal with it.
Well wrote, and right to the point. :iagree:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:50 AM
It's a shame a few Seahawk fans in here give the whole fanbase a bad name. You lost. Take your medicine and accept it. Stop your crying.

SuperSteelers
02-06-2006, 11:51 AM
any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome.

Yes, penalties usually hurt teams that commit them.

Our starting QB got hurt in 2004, and our backup came in and won 14 in a row, and to top it off, he won the superbowl in 2006!!

As far as the Patriots, they got beat by Denver, then Denver got beat by us. What's your point again?

rowedf
02-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I love how you hawk fans are claiming "EVERYONE" is complaining about the refs calls.......do you listen to any national media ??? Or do you just stick to your local cronies and let them to brainwash you with their thoughts and opinions. Mike and Mike this morning it was pretty much a wash, Golic said the calls were fine, Greeny said they were bad calls (but did NOT make a difference in the result). The next ESPN show, I forget who it was cornheiser I think backed the refs up.....they were actually rippin you hawks fan for being such whinners.....which we know see is true.

Don't commit the penalty and you won't be called for it, plain and simple. It's not the refs fault for calling what he see's.

steeltown
02-06-2006, 12:41 PM
you would think we would have lost yesterday! relax people, there are two sides to everything. i guess the blinder are always on for some?:boxing:

OX1947
02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, who feels good in here, I sure do.......