PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about something different?

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I figured i would try to change the subject and get off the talk about Ben and Santonio.

Now with Willie gone, Does anyone else think Issac Redman will see playing time this year. I keep watching highlight videos of him and it's just crazy how he break's tackles. I would personally LOVE to see him #2 behind Mendenhall.

:tt03:

The Duke
04-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Really doubt he'll be #2

I do think he has a chance at being #3 back though. The steelers probably will draft a runningback late in the draft, but if for some reason they don't then they have Mendy, Moore, and Redman. Which isn't too bad

I still think they will draft someone and redman goes back to the PS though

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Really doubt he'll be #2

I do think he has a chance at being #3 back though. The steelers probably will draft a runningback late in the draft, but if for some reason they don't then they have Mendy, Moore, and Redman. Which isn't too bad

I still think they will draft someone and redman goes back to the PS though

I agree, #3 seems more realistic. Moore will more than likely be the #2, now that we've got Randel El back he and Logan will be taking up the kick and punt return duties.

polamalubeast
04-15-2010, 02:04 AM
With the big story he has now, it's hard to talk about something else .... but when you go whether roehtlisberger will be suspended, it'll be easier to talk about the next season ... . But the stories of Ben and Santonio was embarrasant so it's hard to talk about something else right now, because it is very publicized and I must admit that this is normal

LVSteelersfan
04-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Redman is a joke. No way he makes it past the practice squad. He never played any real games against real players when he did his so called magic.

Galax Steeler
04-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Like the Duke said I think we will get a running back somewhere around the 4th to fill the no.2 spot. Then with that being said you will see Moores playing time become less.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Redman is a joke. No way he makes it past the practice squad. He never played any real games against real players when he did his so called magic.

He isn't a joke lol. Don't be surprised if he's not playing this year.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Like the Duke said I think we will get a running back somewhere around the 4th to fill the no.2 spot. Then with that being said you will see Moores playing time become less.

I don't think we'll find someone better or as good as Redman in the 4th or 5th round? If anything you'll get something worse. He's already got to know the playbook wich as we know is a very big part of the game. I think Moore will be the #2 back, he has already shown he can fill that spot. And I think Redman will make the team as the #3. But hell, you never know:noidea:

pete74
04-15-2010, 04:42 AM

neither did every RB at some point in there carear. redman did play very well against alot of 1st stringers in preseason. i belive it was carolina we were playing when we had our entire 2nd string going against there 1st string defense and redman still broke for a very nice run and td. he also looked very good against our 1st defense in camp

stillers4me
04-15-2010, 05:11 AM
I didn't think we were allowed to make threads about Redman, either.

tube517
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
This will all depend on the draft and training camp/preseason and if everyone is healthy or someone gets injured.

steelreserve
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I think he's got a good shot at making the team as the #3 or #4 guy, but not more than that. Mendenhall is entrenched at #1, and I don't see anyone taking #2 from Moore unless we add someone who's not on the roster now. I would also think Summers has the inside track for #3, although they could try bringing him back as a FB again.

So I guess whether he has a shot at the #3 spot depends on whether we draft any RBs and what we do with Summers. I don't see anyone better than him for the last spot yet. Though maybe we take our chances with 3 HBs so we can hang on to someone else to try out.

LVSteelersfan
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM
neither did every RB at some point in there carear. redman did play very well against alot of 1st stringers in preseason. i belive it was carolina we were playing when we had our entire 2nd string going against there 1st string defense and redman still broke for a very nice run and td. he also looked very good against our 1st defense in camp

I don't honestly think he is that bad. I just know how the Steelers seem to work. They will bring Carey Davis back cheap and try to put Justin Vincent in who I think both suck. Redman would be ok I suppose, but I was not as impressed with him as some people. Of course, there are people who like Carey Davis. So what do I know?

tube517
04-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I see MeMo as more of a 3rd and long RB and can provide some relief a la Kevin Faulk. I don't see MeMo as a true #2 in the manner the rest of the NFL is doing. Of course Tomlin's definition of a #2 is more of a bench warmer and he runs his #1 into the ground. Can't do that in today's NFL.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 03:50 PM

Exactly, the guy has shown he's got the skills. Now it's just a matter if they will put them to work or not.