PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down The Cost Of Trading Up

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
The Steeler nation has talked a lot lately about the possibility of trading up or down in the up coming draft. The Steelers front office has pretty much been quiet on the matter but by looking at Pittsburghs draft placement...their prospect visits...and their draft needs, we can at least speculate as to what they may do.

cbssports.com has a comprehensive list of players by rank based on the scouting reports compiled by and in conjuction with nfldraftscout.com.

A quick study of the rating reveals something pretty interesting. There are players sprinkled throughout the ratings from the 1st round to UDFA's, who Pittsburgh may desire....HOWEVER, when determining what round we may be targeting I noticed the incredible amount of talent with those players ranked between 50-100. That is the mid protion of the 2nd round to the end of the 3rd round. I personally see 27 players in that range that we may target for one reason or the other

52) Lamarr Houston DT Texas 6-3 305
53) Koa Misi OLB Utah 6-3 251
55) Arrelious Benn WR Illinois 6-1 219
60) Linval Joseph DT East Carolina 6-5 328 5.09
61) Alex Carrington DE Arkansas State 6-5 285 4.92
63) Sean Lee ILB Penn State 6-2 236 4.71
64) Torrell Troup DT UCF 6-3 314 5.12
67) Cam Thomas DT North Carolina 6-4 330
68) Corey Wootton DE Northwestern 6-6 270
69) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana (PA) 6-0 207
70) Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6-3 217
72) Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State 6-1 242
73) Eric Norwood OLB South Carolina 6-1 242
74) Carlton Mitchell WR South Florida 6-3 215
75) Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale 6-8 312
79) Donald Butler ILB Washington 6-1 245
81) Al Woods DT LSU 6-4 309
82) Taylor Price WR Ohio 6-1 204
83 John Jerry OT Mississippi 6-6 328
84) Dorin Dickerson WR/TE Pittsburgh 6-2 226
85) Toby Gerhart RB Stanford 6-0 231
87) Dominique Franks CB Oklahoma 5-11 194
89) Jacoby Ford WR Clemson 5-09 186
90) Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson 6-4 252
94) Matt Tennant C Boston College 6-5 300
96) Major Wright FS Florida 6-0 206
99) Brandon Spikes ILB Florida 6-3 249

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings?&tag=pageRow;pageContainer&start_row=51

Now lets consider our draft picks...and their values.

Round 1, Pick 18 (18).............................................. ..........900 points
Round 2, Pick 20 (52).............................................. ..........380 points
Round 3, Pick 18 (82).............................................. ..........180 points
Round 4, Pick 18 (116)............................................. ...........62 points
Round 5, Pick 20 (151)............................................. ...........31 points
Round 5, Pick 24 (155) (From Eagles through Jets)..29.4 points
Round 5, Pick 33 (164) (Compensatory selection)
Round 5, Pick 35 (166) (Compensatory selection)
Round 6, Pick 19 (188)............................................. .........16.2 points
Round 7, Pick 18 (225)............................................. ...............2 points
Round 7, Pick 35 (242) (Compensatory selection)

Based on the draft trade chart it would cost us a 4th and two 5th's to get back into the lower portion of that third round range and get one of those talented players.

Personally I would go for it. That would give us 4 picks in the top 100...and we could end the 3rd round with a CB, NT, OT, and WR

We could very easily walk away with CB Kyle Wilson...NT Torrell Troup...OT Jerad Veldherr...WR Taylor Price.

Is it worth it? Is there any player on that list that you think is worth a trade up at that price?

SteelMember
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Is it worth it? Is there any player on that list that you think is worth a trade up at that price?

Just one... :chuckle:

I think you know, I'm on board.

value of our 4th, 2-5ths, 6th and 7th equals about 140, or the 90th pick. (late 3rd)

I know it would be impossible to bundle that in a singe deal, but we could move a couple of our existing picks up with a couple separate deals.

What are we going to do with 11+ more players? Probably cut about half, that's what. :twocents:

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
First let me say, your format is beautiful. Very well done, easy to read and understand. Second, I totally agree with you, and your facts are dead on correct. I to have been looking into this, and looking at some teams that might be willing to do business. I feel the Saints might be a good trading partner. The Saints own the 95th pick in round 3. But have only 3 picks after the 3rd round. And if we did offer our two tradeable 5th rounders, and our 4th rounder at 116, well that has a total Point value of 122 Pts. And the 95th selection has a point value of 120 Pts. Seems like a good deal to me. But to be honest sir. I would probably try to first convince Philly to deal up to 18 for their picks at 24 and their second 3rd rounder at 87. That way we can still select 4 players in the first 3 rounds. And still have plenty of picks later down the draft. And, depending on who is still there in the 4th round, or 5th rounds, we maybe can package them for a better selection next year. Like say our 4th for a 2011 3rd ? Or maybe a team that has no 5th rounders in this draft MIGHT offer us a 3rd rounder for our picks at 151 &155 ?

It's all speculation. But it's still fun. Again, very nice job sir, well done.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Just one... :chuckle:

I think you know, I'm on board.

value of our 4th, 2-5ths, 6th and 7th equals about 140, or the 90th pick. (late 3rd)

I know it would be impossible to bundle that in a singe deal, but we could move a couple of our existing picks up with a couple separate deals.

What are we going to do with 11+ more players? Probably cut about half, that's what. :twocents:

Do you think that the 50-100 rankings is about right for a trade?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
First let me say, your format is beautiful. Very well done, easy to read and understand. Second, I totally agree with you, and your facts are dead on correct. I to have been looking into this, and looking at some teams that might be willing to do business. I feel the Saints might be a good trading partner. The Saints own the 95th pick in round 3. But have only 3 picks after the 3rd round. And if we did offer our two tradeable 5th rounders, and our 4th rounder at 116, well that has a total Point value of 122 Pts. And the 95th selection has a point value of 120 Pts. Seems like a good deal to me. But to be honest sir. I would probably try to first convince Philly to deal up to 18 for their picks at 24 and their second 3rd rounder at 87. That way we can still select 4 players in the first 3 rounds. And still have plenty of picks later down the draft. And, depending on who is still there in the 4th round, or 5th rounds, we maybe can package them for a better selection next year. Like say our 4th for a 2011 3rd ? Or maybe a team that has no 5th rounders in this draft MIGHT offer us a 3rd rounder for our picks at 151 &155 ?

It's all speculation. But it's still fun. Again, very nice job sir, well done.

Saints are a good possibility.....I also considered the Bears who have now picks in rounds 1 & 2 only have 5 picks in rounds 3-7.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 11:44 AM
I think my Dream scenario would be this.

Deal 18 to Philly for 24 & 87.

Then deal 4th rounder at 116 and 5th rounder at 155 & 6th rounder at 188 to move up to Detroits very early 4th rounder at 100. The Lions don't have ANY picks in round 5 or 6, so they probably would do this. And, there ALWAYS seems to be that ONE player that slips into round 4. And I for once would like it if we are right up there to perhaps select said player. That way when it is all done with, we will have picks...

1-24)
2-52)
3-82)
3-87)..from Philly
4-100)..from Detroit
5-151)
5-164)..comp
5-166)..comp
7-225
7-242..comp

Five picks in the top-100. And a few more in the later rounds for added Depth for the future.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Then deal 4th rounder at 116 and 5th rounder at 155 & 6th rounder at 188 to move up to Detroits very early 4th rounder at 100. The Lions don't have ANY picks in round 5 or 6, so they probably would do this. And, there ALWAYS seems to be that ONE player that slips into round 4. And I for once would like it if we are right up there to perhaps select said player. That way when it is all done with, we will have picks...

1-24)
2-52)
3-82)
3-87)..from Philly
4-100)..from Detroit
5-151)
5-164)..comp
5-166)..comp
7-225
7-242..comp

Five picks in the top-100. And a few more in the later rounds for added Depth for the future.

Not bad....and the Eagles want Iupati, so they would HAVE to trade up to get him.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Really ? The Eagles want him ? Cause I have heard that they are really high on Weatherspoon, or Mcclain.
You have some Inside Info Lambert ?

SteelMember
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Do you think that the 50-100 rankings is about right for a trade?

From the very beginning of this draft season, I think we all (including the talking heads) concluded that this was a very deep draft compared to other years. Not necessarily positional, but overall. I think whatever we can do to get more and/or better picks in rounds 2 and 3 could go all long way for our team.

To answer your question, I believe 50- 100 is a perfect window. That gives us from mid-2nd through the enitire 3rd. I think that's where the biggest portion of the most evenly rated, diversified talent pool lays... and usually does, imo.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Really ? The Eagles want him ? Cause I have heard that they are really high on Weatherspoon, or Mcclain.
You have some Inside Info Lambert ?

Here is just a couple...

Offensive line: The biggest issues appear to be at right guard and possibly center. ORG Stacy Andrews might be replaced by Nick Cole, but it's not clear if he's the long-term answer. And C Jamaal Jackson's late-season ACL injury is a concern; Cole might have to move over from guard to replace Jackson if Jackson's not ready for the start of the season. Andy Reid loves to fortify his lines of scrimmage, so it should shock no one if the Eagles beef up this area high in the draft. The great depth that once was here is no more.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/04/nfc-east-team-needs

New starting QB Kevin Kolb may need a new center as the team doesn't know when Jamaal Jackson can return. The release of OG Shawn Andrews also brings up concerns about the interior offensive line.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/team-needs/NFC?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

atlee731
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM

I like this idea a lot. To add an extra guy like Misi, Sean Lee, McCluster (who I think will be gone in the 2nd), Cam Thomas, Ben Tate, Gerhart, or Jerry would be well worth the price of multiple low round picks.

Interestingly enough, if you go to the next 50 on the list, there's enough intriguing names there to make even an extra 4th rounder worthwhile. In the 100-150 range, there's Dixon, Petrus, Verner, Geathers, Myron Lewis, and some WRs that I like (White, Briscoe, and Roberts).

My scenario....
- trade 1st(18) (900pts) to GB for 1st(23) (760) and 3rd(86) (160) - get Pouncey
- trade our (non-comp) 2 5ths, 1 6th, 1 7th for picks to improve our 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders or add extra picks in those rounds. Even if we just consolidate those 4 picks into moving up in the 2nd or 3rd and adding an extra 4th, I'd be ok. It would be great if we could add an extra 3rd, but that would be unlikely, I think.

That would leave us with one 1st, one 2nd, two 3rds, two 4ths, our comp 5ths, and our comp 7th. Still a lot of picks, but more top-heavy than what we have right now.

Aussie_steeler
04-15-2010, 06:52 PM

1-24)
2-52)
3-82)
3-87)..from Philly
4-100)..from Detroit
5-151)
5-164)..comp
5-166)..comp
7-225
7-242..comp

FInally I topic that is motoring along in the right direction. Love the work LLT, Steelmember and Whatda?

IMO 10 picks is still too many to land so lets trade again.

Package up 3 -87 ( 155 points) with 4 - 100 ( 100 points) and 5 -151( 31points) and trade with the saints ( 6 total picks in the draft) and target their 2 - 64 ( 270 points)

Now I could really live with

1-24)
2-52)
2 -64)
3-82)
5-164)..comp
5-166)..comp
7-225
7-242..comp

4 stud picks and 4 gambles for the practice squad

something like this

1. Pouncey OC
2. Brandon Ghee CB
2b. Koa Misi OLB
3. Al Woods DE
5.Adrian Tracy OLB
5b Nate Bynham TE
7 Harry Coleman SS
7b Donald Jones WR

Love the work guys. Lets keep this type of dialouge rolling. I really think 8 picks is a workable number to land on the squad.

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
I know HOPE Earl Thomas falls to us...even if we don't want him. Cause maybe we can hold the Eagles Hostage for way more selections.

Eagles want to trade up in first round to snag a safety
Apr
4/16/2010 11:25:57 AM | More

Peter King of SI.com reports the Eagles are in a very small club, teams that want to jump up from low in the first round to the upper half. I believe Philly wants one of the two safeties in the draft -- Eric Berry of Tennessee or Earl Thomas of Texas. With the 24th, 35th, 55th and 70th picks, the Eagles absolutely have the ammo to move up.

Aussie_steeler
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Peter King of SI.com reports the Eagles are in a very small club, teams that want to jump up from low in the first round to the upper half. I believe Philly wants one of the two safeties in the draft -- Eric Berry of Tennessee or Earl Thomas of Texas. With the 24th, 35th, 55th and 70th picks, the Eagles absolutely have the ammo to move up.

I would think that they would make a huge run at Eric Berry.If he gets past the Chiefs he could slide a few more places. They could easily sit at 35 and grab a player like Nate Allen who wouldnt be much of a drop off from Earl Thomas if you are after a pure Free Safety. I still think Earl Thomas's value will be as a combo Defensive back who will play nickel back early and then transition into safety. Eric Berry adds more wow factor and has the Troy Polamalu / Ed Reed potential ( unlike Thomas IMO)

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 04:51 PM
According to many observers, Earl Thomas is heads & clouds better than Berry. And Allen isn't close to Thomas talent wise. Either as a pure FS or a DB. Comparing Allen to Earl Thomas is like you saying that Ryan Mundy is every bit as good as Troy Polamalu.

Aussie_steeler
04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
According to many observers, Earl Thomas is heads & clouds better than Berry. And Allen isn't close to Thomas talent wise. Either as a pure FS or a DB. Comparing Allen to Earl Thomas is like you saying that Ryan Mundy is every bit as good as Troy Polamalu.

You know you dont have to go to such huge extremes when making a point.

Show me more than one legitimate scouting site that has Earl Thomas ranked above Eric Berry as a safety. (Because observers are a dime a dozen and carry the same credentials as you and I.)

Earl Thomas will more than likely end up as a CB in the pro's. Eric Berry will legitimately be able to rove the entire secondary and play in the mould of Ed Reed and Troy P as a safety who can cover and hit in the box.

Nate Allen and Morgan Burnett will be very good Free safeties and two NFL teams will be very lucky to land them. Yes there is a difference between a top 20 and top 40 player but not to the extent you suggest.

Please read my words again " there would not be much of a drop off". That implies that I have indicated that there is a difference in talent. What I am suggesting is that the difference may not be as big as some keep stating.

And for someone who cannot accept Maurkice Pouncey at #18 because he is #25 talent why wouldnt you find it plausible that at #34 Philli would not be considering Nate Allen ( as that is right where his value is)

This draft contains a bucket load of players whose names arent Earl Thomas. Open your eyes and consider the rest of the field for the talent that they do possess and the possibilities that they hold for 32 NFL teams.

wdsteel
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
last eagle update they want to trade up for Berry or Thomas...but i like the trade down and then up in 4th.

SteelerFanInStl
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
last eagle update they want to trade up for Berry or Thomas...but i like the trade down and then up in 4th.

Yep, if Thomas is there at #18 they could be a trade partner.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice work guys....I love the idea of trading down and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd...then trading the 4th and two 5ths for 3rd to give us. (Dont know about the Eagles... I think they may be looking at OC, OG, or DE...and either Pouncey, Iupati, or Griffin could be there at #24)

But lets say that we DO trade down to the bottom of the 1st picking up an extra 3rd..and getting an additional third by trading the 4th and two 5th's. We could get...

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
5. (comp)
5. (comp) OLB Adrian Tracy
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka
7. (comp) ILB Micah Johnson (recovering from knee injury)

seriously.....this would be like the "dream draft" for me.

SteelerFanInStl
04-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice work guys....I love the idea of trading down and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd...then trading the 4th and two 5ths for 3rd to give us. (Dont know about the Eagles... I think they may be looking at OC, OG, or DE...and either Pouncey, Iupati, or Griffin could be there at #24)

But lets say that we DO trade down to the bottom of the 1st picking up an extra 3rd..and getting an additional third by trading the 4th and two 5th's. We could get...

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
5. (comp)
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka

I like that draft a lot. Throw in a RB in the 5th and :thumbsup:

mulldog24
04-17-2010, 09:53 AM

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
5. (comp)
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka

I really like this scenario and couldn't imagine the draft going any better than this for us! I think Veldheer, Roberts, and Walton would be great value in the 3rd!:drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I like that draft a lot. Throw in a RB in the 5th and :thumbsup:

Oops!!!...I somehow erased the RB that I had on there. Here ya go!!!

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
5. (comp) RB LeGarrette Blount
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka

SteelerFanInStl
04-17-2010, 10:20 AM

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka

I'd be jumping up and down if that was our draft. I like it a lot! :tt03:

+NuBbS+
04-17-2010, 10:36 AM

1. CB Devin McCourty
2. NT Terrell Troup
3. OT Jared Veldheer
3. WR Andre Roberts
3. OC J.D. Walton
6. TE Nate Byham
7. QB Mike Kafka

i love this so much!!! lets put you in thr front office asap!!! lol. if we were to trade down in the first round and a Jared Odrick or Maurkice Pouncey were there would you take a serious look at them? i do live mcCourty's skillset though... your thoughts?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-17-2010, 10:56 AM
i love this so much!!! lets put you in thr front office asap!!! lol. if we were to trade down in the first round and a Jared Odrick or Maurkice Pouncey were there would you take a serious look at them? i do live mcCourty's skillset though... your thoughts?

Though we have bigger needs...at the end of the 1st, I would like Pouncy and Odrick. (Not so much at #18)...In the short term Pouncy has more value but in two to three years I think Odrick would be a better player for us.

I would be doing backflips if we traded down and got McCourty...I still believe he will be a Pro-Bowl caliber CB in the NFL, and is seriously underrated.

Steely McSmash
04-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Now I could really live with

1-24)
2-52)
2 -64)
3-82)
5-164)..comp
5-166)..comp
7-225
7-242..comp

This is a good thread. Love the picks on Aussie and LLT's efforts

Here's my take with the above:

1-24) McCourty CB - hard to find a top flight CB lower than the 1st. Looking for great not good here!
2-52) Vlad Ducasse OG/RT - Improve the quality of the OL with a power blocker with great upside.
2 -64) Damian Williams WR - great route running receiver, high character, good hands. Will he last to the bottom of the 2nd ??
3-82) Roderick Muckelroy ILB Texas
5-164)..comp Joique Bell RB
5-166)..comp John Conner FB
7-225 Jay RosS NT - FO goes fishing for talent to replace the snack in a couple years.
7-242..comp Byham Blocking TE

I do think that we could potentially keep a lot of draft picks. Not saying that they'd all make the roster but I took the challenge here to identify a legitimate roster battle for every pick we have.

Round 1, Pick 18 (18) McCourty CB - Takes roster spot vacated by Townsend -- competes for starting role.

Round 2, Pick 20 (52) Koa Misi OLB - Slides into backup OLB with Frazier. Pat Bailey needs to make it at ILB /ST to stick this year.

Round 3, Pick 18 (82) Andre Roberts WR- Takes spot from Holmes. Undervalued small school talent that showed well at the Sr. Bowl.

Round 4, Pick 18 (116) Ciron Black OG LSU - Compete with Urbik/Essex at RG.

Round 5, Pick 20 (151) Earl Mitchel NT Arizona - interesting player. Started as H-back nad moved around, good athletecism. Could potentially be coached into a good NT. Has potential NT size at 6-2 315. Sunny Harris slides into Kirschke's roster spot and Mitchell takes Harris's slot on the roster.

Round 5, Pick 24 (155) Myron Rolle S FSU - I don't think anyone has any idea where he's going to be taken. Need another ballhawking safety to compete with Mundy, Consider Robert Johnson-Utah to be a good backup here.

Round 5, Pick 33 (164) John Connor FB - KY. Taking the best FB in the draft is a good way to improve your running game. Has good blocking abilty, decent hands. 4.7 speed to be able to block at the edge. in competition with Tank Summers for the #4 RB/FB slot.

Round 5, Pick 35 (166) Freddy Barnes WR Bowling Green - Competes with Sweed, Grisham, Battle for the last WR spot. Maybe he gets a hangnail and Tomln puts him on IR for the year.

Round 6, Pick 19 (188) Adam Ulatoski RT Texas - Compete with Hills/Scott for last OL slot. RT only type of guy.

Round 7, Pick 18 (225) Shelley Smith OC - Col. St. - Very Athletic guard transitions to center. Compete with Legursky for reserve OC/OG spot.

Round 7, Pick 35 (242) Nate Byham TE - Battles to block Spaeth off the roster

Steely McSmash
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Though we have bigger needs...at the end of the 1st, I would like Pouncy and Odrick. (Not so much at #18)...In the short term Pouncy has more value but in two to three years I think Odrick would be a better player for us.

I would be doing backflips if we traded down and got McCourty...I still believe he will be a Pro-Bowl caliber CB in the NFL, and is seriously underrated.

I think Ordrick will be a great player but do you think there's a place for him on the roster this year? I think he might be a good RDE with a bit more pressure on the passer duties. Not sure if Harris or Hood are the best for that role.

My take is that this year we'll have an idea if Harris could be a starter - If not, then next year we'd be in the market for another DE.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I think Ordrick will be a great player but do you think there's a place for him on the roster this year? I think he might be a good RDE with a bit more pressure on the passer duties. Not sure if Harris or Hood are the best for that role.

My take is that this year we'll have an idea if Harris could be a starter - If not, then next year we'd be in the market for another DE.

With the signing of Eason..its unlikely that we will take a DE this year, IF we do draft one it would be an indication that the FO isnt as certain about Harris as we thought.

Aussie_steeler
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
With the signing of Eason..its unlikely that we will take a DE this year, IF we do draft one it would be an indication that the FO isnt as certain about Harris as we thought.

How about a combo D lineman like Linval Joseph 6'5 320 with experience playing the nose.

I am not saying he is anywhere near Haloti Ngata but he has a similar build and could easily shift between NT and DE much like Ngata

There is going to be a huge run on NT's this year ( i predict in the 2nd ) so if you want a good D lineman then 2nd round it will need to be.

Maybe like this???

1. Pouncey OC
2. Livinval Joseph NT / DE
2b. Brandon Ghee CB
3.Eric Norwood OLB
5.Adrian Tracy OLB
5b Nate Bynham TE
7 Harry Coleman SS
7b Donald Jones WR

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-18-2010, 07:50 AM
How about a combo D lineman like Linval Joseph 6'5 320 with experience playing the nose.

I am not saying he is anywhere near Haloti Ngata but he has a similar build and could easily shift between NT and DE much like Ngata

There is going to be a huge run on NT's this year ( i predict in the 2nd ) so if you want a good D lineman then 2nd round it will need to be.

Maybe like this???

1. Pouncey OC
2. Livinval Joseph NT / DE
2b. Brandon Ghee CB
3.Eric Norwood OLB
5.Adrian Tracy OLB
5b Nate Bynham TE
7 Harry Coleman SS
7b Donald Jones WR

I had thought about the same thing in regards to the d-lineman "combo"...Al Woods would be a possibility also.