PDA

View Full Version : Sorry bengal fans, but u know I gotta say it...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I'll see YOUR AFCN divisional title and raise you a..

SUPER BOWL XL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e016.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g015.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/f060.gif

bigbensgirl7
02-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I'll take the Super Bowl any day over being the AFCN Champs!!!!!!!!! HREE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love it!

atrus20
02-06-2006, 11:54 AM
They can have the division, I'll take the super bowl win! :tt:

geran42o
02-06-2006, 06:47 PM
HERE HERE!!!!

Milkman
02-06-2006, 07:07 PM
This is what the game is played for....a Super Bowl Championship, not just a division title.

SteelCityMan786
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
SUPER BOWL OR AFCN. NO BRAINER SUPER BOWL!

DIESELMAN
02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

CowherLover
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
During a commentary between the guys on NFL Network that included Ray Lewis and Chad Johnson, CJ made reference to being in Miami and Ray kind of raised his brow and said "Really?", Chad said yes and Ray said "Claim it!" I love the fact that we will have the most competitve division in football for years to come. IMO it comes at the perfect time, we have young, fresh qb's to bring our division back to life. This is what the legacy of our division has always been about and it's about time we got back to that.

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
During a commentary between the guys on NFL Network that included Ray Lewis and Chad Johnson, CJ made reference to being in Miami and Ray kind of raised his brow and said "Really?", Chad said yes and Ray said "Claim it!" I love the fact that we will have the most competitve division in football for years to come. IMO it comes at the perfect time, we have young, fresh qb's to bring our division back to life. This is what the legacy of our division has always been about and it's about time we got back to that.
Yeah, but Chad guarenteed a SB this year and we see where that got them!!!

CowherLover
02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
He's certainly not my style of player but he bring it everytime he steps on the field. He runs his mouth alot and backs it up alot too. I'd rather have that than a Matt Hasslebeck that gets ready to prejaculate on an overtime cointoss, then throw the game away. My point is that as long as you can back it than keep on talkin', at least until our guys shut ya down!

CantStop85
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Baby steps...baby steps.

Some people didn't even imagine us making the playoffs this year no less winning the AFC North Title. I think we're on the right track. We've got a lot of young players and one of the best offenses in the league with Palmer healthy. If we can pick up a few good guys through the draft and free agency for our defense then I think we could take that next step to being a superbowl contender.

*Shrugs* I was rather content with a division title this year. Who knows, had Carson not gotten hurt on the first play of the first game, we might have been the ones winning the superbowl. I believe our division race will decide who attains homefield advantage in the playoffs next season.

WeNowHave5
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
:sofunny: Here Here !

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Baby steps...baby steps.

Some people didn't even imagine us making the playoffs this year no less winning the AFC North Title. I think we're on the right track. We've got a lot of young players and one of the best offenses in the league with Palmer healthy. If we can pick up a few good guys through the draft and free agency for our defense then I think we could take that next step to being a superbowl contender.

*Shrugs* I was rather content with a division title this year. Who knows, had Carson not gotten hurt on the first play of the first game, we might have been the ones winning the superbowl. I believe our division race will decide who attains homefield advantage in the playoffs next season.

Finally, I was waiting for you response 85 :bouncy:

The AFCN has 2 of the premier teams in the entire league !

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah....as I stated in an earlier thread, the Bengals won the battle, but the Steelers won the whole frickin' war.......and as far as that goes, we'll give 'em the division title every year since we can win on the road better than anyone else anyway! I live about 200 miles from Cincy and I can still hear the whining and bitching from here.

clevestinks
02-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh Yeah! Can`t wait to see Bungles fans with thier AFCN Champs shirts on! LOL

Motley Nate
02-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh Yeah! Can`t wait to see Bungles fans with thier AFCN Champs shirts on! LOL
Cleve,

I have one and have no problem wearing it. Especially in this crap town.

BRC,

Unless you are Jerry Jones, George Steinbrenner or any other deep pocketed money shark, you can't always build a winner over night. Both of our teams are built by drafts and the here and there minor FA's. The Bengals made the division more interesting this year, they hit the cycle later than the Steelers did. It's a question now of who is built to last and who will keep firing on all cylinders. Bengals fans believe the orange and black are that team, Steelers fans believe the opposite.

Sure that gets fueled by the talk, I'll see your 55 with my 85, but it's not a rivalry where it's a "given win" anymore between the two teams. Anything short of that is a sorely mistaken person and frankly not somebody who watches football with any regularity. Honestly, all homerisms aside, we thrive on ripping and digging into each other's fanbase. It makes it that much more of a rivalry.

The Bengals busted their ass for that division title. From a Bengals fan perspective, it was tainted and discredited by every hater in the world.

The Steelers busted their ass for the Lombardi. I'm quite sure that, from a Steelers fan perspective, it was tainted and discredited by every hater in the world.

I'll gladly take that AFC North title. It's just the first rung in the ladder. Our eyes are now on your prize. It's a different world being the hunter as opposed to the hunted.

It's going to be war, and we as fans are the benefactors.

:cheers:

Milkman
02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
IMHO, the AFC North will be the toughest division next season.

Stillers#1
02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Man, I almost want to say that the winner of the AFCN will win the Super Bowl, but can we even bank on that? I don't think so, this year proved that. I don't think there is an NFC team that would even get third place in our division. The Seahawks get off easy in the worst division in football (and I mean all of football, even worse than Conference USA).

The Ravens will contend for the title next year too, in my opinion. The Brownies will be tough in 2 years, I think charlie frye is going to be for real as well. We def are not only going to have to worry about the Bengals. It's going to be a tough division, and it will easily have the best coaches after Billick is fired and the Ravens grab up Whiz (which will suck for us). Its going to be an exciting next couple years.

HERES TO GREAT FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Stillers#1
02-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I also don't think the winner of the AFCN gets home-field anytime in the near future, i think the winner is going to be between 10-6 and 12-4 every year, bc of how tough our division is.