PDA

View Full Version : ive taken all's i can stands, and i can't stands no more!

urgle burgle
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I won't go into a lengthy list of reasons why this President has finally broken my camel's back, but i will mention the 2 latest issues that has sailed me over the edge...

1. I am a WV resident, grew up here and now I am back. The latest mining disaster has broken this state. Questions loom, lives have been lost, and now our coal production (which is a major part of the economics and community of this state) are in jeapordy.
The miners bodies have just recently been collected to be given back to their families. Most of the investigations have not started, due to continued high levels of methane still being in the accident area.
Regardless, with only a preliminary report, our President lashes out at mining (which before the Pres race, essentially said he would bankrupt), and a SPECIFIC private mining/energy company: Massey Energy. In this state, some support Massey, and some do not. I personally think that safety issues were beyond lacking, and they must pay criminally/civilly for this incident. However, I cannot say for sure, since I do not have ALL the FACTS, and this was only resolved last week. The Sago disaster took a year to get to the bottom of.
Yet, this President, has the audacity, to make accusations and lash out at mining (you can deduce this from his speech), and a PRIVATE COMPANY. He waits for judgement on Ft. Hood, he waits for judgement on the uprising in Iran, but he jumps to judgement when it only meets his political ends. Not to mention the fact, he cannot be bothered to visit the state, where the WORST mining disaster since the 70's has happened, He visited Ft. Hood, he visited the flood ravaged north-east, he is going to Malta, he went to visit NASA on tax day, and he just went to a $30,000 a plate dinner with gloria estefan (all which he should have done), but he cannot visit THIS state where a major tragedy happened? evidently not.

2. with the massive tea party and tax day protest going on, he responds with arrogance, insults, and condescension.
“I have been amused a little over the past couple of days where people have been having these rallies about taxes...
You would think they would be saying ‘thank you.’ That’s what you’d think"

http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/16/obama-says-tea-partiers-should-be-thanking-him-not-protesting-his-tax-policies/#ixzz0lHNTD8bb

WOW. Such graciousness and Presidentiality. Even Clinton and Bush never called out voters in such a manner. I will just let those things stand for themeselves. Rant over.

continue...

revefsreleets
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
I can't speak to all of this, but I certainly agree that he's the most arrogant President we've ever elected.

When he is not re-elected, it will be interesting to see what his reactions are like...

Bng_Hevn
04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
It's not arrogance, it is simply a matter of not having any class whatsoever. Neither he nor his wife have even an ounce.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I like to refer to him as the "Golden Calf."

Leftoverhard
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I certainly agree that he's the most arrogant President we've ever elected.

Hmm. Most arrogant.

http://roguejew.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/mission-accomplished.jpg

How about the flyover?

http://moderateleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-and-katrina.jpg

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Hmm. Most arrogant.

http://roguejew.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/mission-accomplished.jpg

How about the flyover?

http://moderateleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-and-katrina.jpg

Or maybe the Cigar Aficionado:

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/bill-clinton.jpg

SCSTILLER
04-16-2010, 01:29 PM
IYet, this President, has the audacity, to make accusations and lash out at mining (you can deduce this from his speech), and a PRIVATE COMPANY. He waits for judgement on Ft. Hood, he waits for judgement on the uprising in Iran, but he jumps to judgement when it only meets his political ends.

We all knew he would rush to judgement from his first days in office with the Harvard professor and the cop. Rushed to the defense of his buddy and didn't care to know the other side of the story. What did they call that, beergate or something?

Agreed Urgle, he is one classy President :doh:

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Let's not forget Pelosi setting back the private aviation industry 10 years with her BS comments/judgments to the Detroit Motor companies on their private jets.

revefsreleets
04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
I put a good deal of thought into my statement. Clinton would be #2. Bush isn't even top 5. Obama is just in a class all by himself.

Leftoverhard
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM
If we're just talking US presidents, i'm sure we could agree that most of them are naturally pretty arrogant - I think it's gotta be the nature of the beast even thinking you could lead the free world - most of us wouldn't be so bold (you know what I mean when I say "bold").

Obviously no one is going to argue that Polk is the most arrogant because we just don't go back that far - as far as information that actually makes it to the public. Adams was a great man - and a fine example of arrogance. I'm sure there's even more to him that we'll never know - but of course we didn't track his every move like we do now. Plus - no president is going to make an appearance at every disaster, which will always piss someone off - but just think of it, Obama shows up in WV at the mining disaster tragedy - he's going to be called out for his arrogance for overshadowing the lives lost with his controversial appearance on tax day.

When it comes down to it, all presidents are self-driven and politically motivated, this is a fact of life, otherwise they wouldn't get very far in the world of politics. I would never be president - I like people too much to shake their hands as I use them as footstools. But these are the kind of people who we elect. We don't elect homely shy people. We elect type A personalities who come off as uncaring, stupid even. But we should know better - I don't think Bush was stupid at all, or Clinton, or Nixon, or Reagan or Obama. These are all highly intelligent people, driven to success, willing to do whatever it takes to get to the oval office. So, we've got a baseline. Arrogance is a baseline.

That said - I think Bush landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln in a flight suit went way beyond arrogant. You really think that Obama not showing up to the site of this mining tragedy is worse - or anything he's done for that matter?

xfl2001fan
04-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Leftoverhard - I actually agree with most of your statement. Bush in a flight suit...that doesn't bother me that much. IMO, he tried to really be one with the people. I think, in this particular case, he wanted to fit in more with the military. You see it all the time with celebrity types...putting on the uniform when they're around troops (and more often than not, mis-wearing the uniform.)

Arrogance, IMO by Obama was highlighted with the whole flight through/around NYC that set everyone up in a panic. If anyone else had tried a stunt like that...he'd have publically blasted them (working on his ratings...as all politicians do.)

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
If we're just talking US presidents, i'm sure we could agree that most of them are naturally pretty arrogant - I think it's gotta be the nature of the beast even thinking you could lead the free world - most of us wouldn't be so bold (you know what I mean when I say "bold").

Obviously no one is going to argue that Polk is the most arrogant because we just don't go back that far - as far as information that actually makes it to the public. Adams was a great man - and a fine example of arrogance. I'm sure there's even more to him that we'll never know - but of course we didn't track his every move like we do now. Plus - no president is going to make an appearance at every disaster, which will always piss someone off - but just think of it, Obama shows up in WV at the mining disaster tragedy - he's going to be called out for his arrogance for overshadowing the lives lost with his controversial appearance on tax day.

When it comes down to it, all presidents are self-driven and politically motivated, this is a fact of life, otherwise they wouldn't get very far in the world of politics. I would never be president - I like people too much to shake their hands as I use them as footstools. But these are the kind of people who we elect. We don't elect homely shy people. We elect type A personalities who come off as uncaring, stupid even. But we should know better - I don't think Bush was stupid at all, or Clinton, or Nixon, or Reagan or Obama. These are all highly intelligent people, driven to success, willing to do whatever it takes to get to the oval office. So, we've got a baseline. Arrogance is a baseline.

That said - I think Bush landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln in a flight suit went way beyond arrogant. You really think that Obama not showing up to the site of this mining tragedy is worse - or anything he's done for that matter?

Why do you think that should be viewed as arrogant?

I think that was huge for the morale of every man and woman in uniform.

I have no opinion on Obama's not showing up at the mine.

Indo
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Why do you think that should be viewed as arrogant?

I think that was huge for the morale of every man and woman in uniform.

I have no opinion on Obama's not showing up at the mine.

I agree. It would be pretty cool for everyone standing on the Flight Deck to see your Commander-in-Chief step out of the aircraft that just landed.

Plus, he IS/was The President at the time. Rank has its privileges and taking a ride out to the troops isn't really abusing the rank.

Obama not showing up doesn't really bother me either. As has been pointed out, he can't go to every disaster.

Pelosi...she's a different story. She DOES abuse her rank's privileges...

Preacher
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Not to mention, Bush WAS A PILOT.

Just how is it arrogant to put on your old work close and get back in the saddle one more time?

When Bush was first president, his first international crisis was a cold war showdown between a US recon plane and a Chinese fighter. When they came back to the states, Bush did NOT go and see them, because he was NOT going to get in the limelight.

That was class.

In the same way, I actually respect Obama for not rushing to WV for a photo op. However, rushing to judgement is a crock, and shows he is playing nothing but politics with this tragedy on that level.

MACH1
04-16-2010, 04:07 PM
He just oozes class, doesn't he.

http://motorcitytimes.com/mct/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/obama-bow.jpg

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 04:18 PM
He just oozes class, doesn't he.

http://motorcitytimes.com/mct/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/obama-bow.jpg

Thanks Mach. That picture makes me sick.

:banging:

Godfather
04-16-2010, 06:38 PM

Just how is it arrogant to put on your old work close and get back in the saddle one more time?

Yeah, but Dukakis was really a soldier and he still got mocked for the tank photo op.

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 06:49 PM

hehehe... you said "BushPILOT" :chuckle:

(its even better coming from a pastor) :sofunny:

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah, but Dukakis was really a soldier and he still got mocked for the tank photo op.

Dukakis looked like a dweeb.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/dukakistank.jpg

But he doesn't hold a candle to Kerry in a spacesuit. :chuckle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/kerryspaceman.jpg

W looked hot. For an old guy.....

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 08:06 PM
But he doesn't hold a candle to Kerry in a spacesuit. :chuckle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/kerryspaceman.jpg

damn... he looks like a charicature of a semen in a cheap 7th grade "sex-ed" video.

Indo
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
damn... he looks like a charicature of a semen in a cheap 7th grade "sex-ed" video.

:rofl:

urgle burgle
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM
since the consensus is that it isnt a big deal our President didn't show up at the worst mining disaster in 40 yrs, so be it. Yes, i understand he can't be at every disaster, that wasn't the point. and that is not what bothers me the most, in what i posted, it was more of an addendum. no, i didnt want him rushing here for a photo op either. however, it would have been nice for him, michelle, or, i dont know, the VP, somone to show up at some time in the next millenia to honor what is an occupation that supplies 50 % of our power, and was one of the big reasons the west was settled (mining in general, gold, ore, oil, etc.). it just added to my ire. that and all the other things he can show up to instead of. amazing that it just so happens he didn't win WV in '08, also.but i regurgitate.
the main point of my ire was the rush to judgement, and publicly calling out a specific private mining/energy operation with no understanding of mining; to include operations, how the satety issues work, and an obvious disdain for mining in general. just as Las Vegas felt serious economic drawbacks from his earlier comments last year, you would think he would learn. which i am sure he has, he just has ulterior motives. you shut down massey energy for even a day, all those families, including the state lose a lot of money. those mines are non-union, so they only get paid when they work, and they work by the hour. and i dont want to get into union-nonunion tit for tat right now. that is not the point either.

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
i definitely respect the non-union miners (and even the unionized ones). if the prez can send federal aid to everyone else, i hope these guys and their fams arent left behind.

urgle burgle
04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
i definitely respect the non-union miners (and even the unionized ones). if the prez can send federal aid to everyone else, i hope these guys and their fams arent left behind.

you are a good man tony...best post ive seen all day.

zulater
04-16-2010, 10:39 PM

That's what i was thinking too. :sofunny:

tube517
04-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Either that or something from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

revefsreleets
04-17-2010, 06:32 AM

I went back to Lincoln. There were certainly other smug, pompous Presidents. Woodrow Wilson came in 3rd. I added in the qualification that in order to make the list you had to be really super smug and condescending and WRONG.

Obama wins, hands down.

WH
04-17-2010, 06:50 AM
I went back to Lincoln. There were certainly other smug, pompous Presidents. Woodrow Wilson came in 3rd. I added in the qualification that in order to make the list you had to be really super smug and condescending and WRONG.

Obama wins, hands down.

Are you 160 years old? How did you accurately put this list together? Do you have a link? or a book you read?

img bush in airsuit /img

great...another divisive topic brought to the board

revefsreleets
04-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Are you 160 years old? How did you accurately put this list together? Do you have a link? or a book you read?

img bush in airsuit /img

great...another divisive topic brought to the board

Your insult would carry some weight if I were talking about ancient rulers who predated written, or even oral histories.

But there are MOUNDS of data on these guys. See, there are things called books, and, more importantly, newspapers, that have gauged and judged and opined on the leaders of this Country for a long time. You should try reading some of the stuff from time to time...it's all readily available on the "internets", whiny. You obviously have a LOT to learn...

This is simple. It's my informed opinion, which I spent some time forming by READING about the actual subject at hand, versus your uninformed know-little-to-nothing knee jerk party-line-toeing nonsense.

WH
04-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Your insult would carry some weight if I were talking about ancient rulers who predated written, or even oral histories.

But there are MOUNDS of data on these guys. See, there are things called books, and, more importantly, newspapers, that have gauged and judged and opined on the leaders of this Country for a long time. You should try reading some of the stuff from time to time...it's all readily available on the "internets", whiny. You obviously have a LOT to learn...

This is simple. It's my informed opinion, which I spent some time forming by READING about the actual subject at hand, versus your uninformed know-little-to-nothing knee jerk party-line-toeing nonsense.

wow, Rev, even an innocent question is met with sarcastic backlash. Without me even trying to contradict your opinion you go on defensive-name calling mode. Stay classy.

What books have you read, What sources are you using to guide your opinion.

revefsreleets
04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
"Stay classy" is the most overused trite POS internet idiom in use today. In this case, it's also FAR off the mark, as you are asserting that because my opinion, which was founded upon some actual research, is somehow not only less informed than yours, but not "classy" simply because I had the audacity to....what? Question you? You don't know what you're talking about, but, because you think you're right, my questioning your wrongness means you're classy and I'm not.

What putrid garbage thinking....

Read up some, come up with some kind of educated opinion other than the stock pro-Obama non-thinking automaton party-line bullshit and you'll earn the right to enter into intelligent discourse with me. Until that time, discuss this down on your level with the other 3rd string political posters....

Vincent
04-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Sometimes arrogance becomes delusional. This is the Kenyan interloper, admonishing taxpayers that they should actually be grateful to him, while pontificating at a $30K per plate soirée at the Estafan's house...

"Since today happens to be tax day (laughter) I should just point out that one-third of the Recovery Act went to tax cuts, tax cuts that strengthened the cornerstone of the American dream. I've been a little amused over the last couple of days where people have been having these rallies (laughter) about taxes. Taxes. You would think they would be saying thank you. That's what you'd think." (cheers and applause)

WH
04-17-2010, 11:01 AM
"Stay classy" is the most overused trite POS internet idiom in use today. In this case, it's also FAR off the mark, as you are asserting that because my opinion, which was founded upon some actual research, is somehow not only less informed than yours, but not "classy" simply because I had the audacity to....what? Question you? You don't know what you're talking about, but, because you think you're right, my questioning your wrongness means you're classy and I'm not.

What putrid garbage thinking....

Read up some, come up with some kind of educated opinion other than the stock pro-Obama non-thinking automaton party-line bullshit and you'll earn the right to enter into intelligent discourse with me. Until that time, discuss this down on your level with the other 3rd string political posters....

How can I not know what I'm talking about when I made no opinion on the matter in the first place? What exactly were you questioning me on?

I asked you what your sources were, what books you read, and where you got your material to base your opinion on. That's it. I didn't say you were wrong. I never inferred it, either. I just asked you a question about your opinion. If anyone is getting upset over being questioned, it's you.

I never defended Obama or said your list was wrong. You, out of force of habit I suppose, went off on some name calling tangent. Don't be so defensive, and answer the question. Backing up your opinion with your abundant sources that are all over the webbies shouldn't be that hard especially for the Steelers Fever Guru.

That is unless you're talking out of your ass and have done no research whatsoever and your opinion is made up and baseless.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 11:03 AM
wow, Rev, even an innocent question is met with sarcastic backlash. Without me even trying to contradict your opinion you go on defensive-name calling mode. Stay classy.

What books have you read, What sources are you using to guide your opinion.

Typical...If you can't attack the argument, attack the source, person.

WH
04-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Typical...If you can't attack the argument, attack the source, person.

no funny pictures to go with that?

I can't attack sources when I don't even know what they are.

Typical, when you can't back up your opinion, discredit the person asking the questions.

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
you are a good man tony...best post ive seen all day.from personal experience and an incredible bias i detest the unions especially in government jobs and contracts. they have tapped all markets. next thing you know, they will wanna unionize the military. :doh: i can see where such a dangerous job as mining would be unionized though. since they werent, i honestly believe they are due some sort of "disaster" relief. maybe obamas answer is to sue the company til they own it? :noidea:

That is unless you're talking out of your ass and have done no research whatsoever and your opinion is made up and baseless.sources include the 160 year old bellhop at the Holiday Inn Express. :old:

these posts exibit traits of the typical internet blowhard who couldnt even be elected class president but are first string politicians in cyberspace.

kinda like the drunken wannabe jocks who say could throw a ball better than tom brady if they werent jerking off all the time.

:jerkit:

i didnt even know this thread was about some silly, david letterman top 10 lists.

"look at meeeee!!!" :cheer: "im ronald reagan on line!"

MACH1
04-17-2010, 11:55 AM
no funny pictures to go with that?

I can't attack sources when I don't even know what they are.

Typical, when you can't back up your opinion, discredit the person asking the questions.

Why don't you ask your buddy bentover what his sources are or if he was alive 100 years ago?

You've heard of American history, right. You may want to go to the library and get educated on it.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 12:06 PM
from personal experience and an incredible bias i detest the unions especially in government jobs and contracts. they have tapped all markets. next thing you know, they will wanna unionize the military. :doh: i can see where such a dangerous job as mining would be unionized though. since they werent, i honestly believe they are due some sort of "disaster" relief. maybe obamas answer is to sue the company til they own it? :noidea:

It's "evil" coal. The miners won't be working the mines much longer if cap n scam is passed, the mines and coal will be taxed into oblivion.

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 12:16 PM
It's "evil" coal. The miners won't be working the mines much longer if cap n scam is passed, the mines and coal will be taxed into oblivion.we wont need coal much longer. we're working on converting all the hot air rhetoric and gaseous 'talk" from republicans asses into energy.

its a literal goldmine. :chuckle:

Vincent
04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
we wont need coal much longer. we're working on converting all the hot air rhetoric and gaseous 'talk" from republicans asses into energy.

Viewing that from a safe and neutral standpoint, if elephant rhetoric is combustive, wouldn't it logically follow that donkey rhetoric, being the opposite, would negate elephant rhetoric as a source of energy?

urgle burgle
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
we wont need coal much longer. we're working on converting all the hot air rhetoric and gaseous 'talk" from republicans asses into energy.

hmm.....personally if we take the rhetoric and gaseous "talk" from repubs, demos, anarchists, hugo chavez, and ajhjadmsoadfaoddnfadffnad...we could easily have enough energy to make a death star and power it to a local galaxy and charge boucop dough to blast planets for fun...which of course we could use that money to pay for health care. and we could make a really kick ass espresso machine.

as far as the unions, i have no love for them at this time. however, i would agree that in dangerous enterprises they can do good. which is part of why they came about. WV has a unique history with unions and mines. look up Matewan and Blair mt. This series of union vs thug non-union bosses is what good they can do. they say this is where the term "red-neck" came from. the march to stop aggression against non-union hired hitmen was done by those who wore red handkerchiefs around their necks on the way to Blair. but, that is only speculation at best, but interesting.

http://www.wvculture.org/HiStory/minewars.html
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1637477082
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

WH
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Why don't you ask your buddy bentover what his sources are or if he was alive 100 years ago?

Hey, Leftoverhand, what are your sources for whatever Mach1 is referring to ? or were you alive 100 years ago? I know you didn't claim to know how the last 28 Presidents rank in arrogance is concerned, but, Mach1 wants me to ask you for sources.

You've heard of American history, right. You may want to go to the library and get educated on it.

Why would I go to those government run facilities, Government run facilities are for Commies.
/sarcasm

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Viewing that from a safe and neutral standpoint, if elephant rhetoric is combustive, wouldn't it logically follow that donkey rhetoric, being the opposite, would negate elephant rhetoric as a source of energy?

wow. curveball.

now dont go getting all 'scientific' on me vincent. its still in the testing phases, so i may not have an answer to that very relevant question.

rush limbaugh is the initial "donor/guinnea pig" though-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qRm8okHhapU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qRm8okHhapU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(nice find MOP) :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Vincent
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
wow. curveball.

Splitter. Since we were discussing gas...

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 01:09 PM
i know if i was working in a coal mine, i would want the security of knowing my boss, a union, or even the govt/OSHA was looking out for my best interests/safety.

that shit aint no joke.

. This series of union vs thug non-union bosses is what good they can do. they say this is where the term "red-neck" came from. the march to stop aggression against non-union hired hitmen was done by those who wore red handkerchiefs around their necks on the way to Blair. but, that is only speculation at best, but interesting.

http://www.wvculture.org/HiStory/minewars.html
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1637477082
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

very interesting. out here in the southwest, "red-neck" typically describes cowboys, hicks, country folk who spend all day on their horses (ranching/farming etc.) in the desert, covered up to protect them from the sun, and only their necks get sun burnt red.

ive never even considered the term from another perspective. i guess it could apply all around to those who get paid for their blood/sweat, and do the tough dirty jobs, out in the sticks.

Splitter. Since we were discussing gas...

:rofl: indeed.

now that is a gasser! :cheers:

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey, Leftoverhand, what are your sources for whatever Mach1 is referring to ? or were you alive 100 years ago? I know you didn't claim to know how the last 28 Presidents rank in arrogance is concerned, but, Mach1 wants me to ask you for sources.

Mach1 asks for much, gets nothing in return.

revefsreleets
04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Interesting diversionary tactic.

If your opinion refutes that of the braintrust in manners pertaining to history which occur prior to any of us being alive, we are automatically wrong and must be subjected to further insults and name-calling, simply because we weren't alive to witness the events or persons we are discussing?

So, ergo, if the opinion is not that of the board braintrust in matters over, say 20 years old, we are NOT allowed to use any kind of historical references or written material from those prior times because the information can't be substantiated by us personally. Also, rather than discuss the matter in the form it is presented, or take it at face value, the best "defense" is simply to ask for sources...which is also great diversionary stuff, except I'm not writing a scholarly paper, simply opining on a message board.

That's pretty good! It's ACTUALLY completely ridiculous diversionary hypocritical nonsense, but what would or should anyone actually expect?

Anyway, back to our super arrogant President...does anyone have any facts or figures to actually state why he is NOT the most arrogant President ever? Because I have some proof that he is.

In his Copenhagen speech, he referred to "I" or "Me" 23 times in 13 paragraphs. In 41 speeches through October of 2009, he used the words "I" or "me" 1,198 times. Classic narcissism....I was actually alive when this occurred, too, so the moonbats will have to find another deflection, or pile a lot more insults at me this time to escape the painful truth, or, better yet, run away from it.

WH
04-18-2010, 11:41 AM
If your opinion refutes that of the braintrust in manners pertaining to history which occur prior to any of us being alive, we are automatically wrong and must be subjected to further insults and name-calling, simply because we weren't alive to witness the events or persons we are discussing?

You should try reading some of the stuff from time to time...it's all readily available on the "internets", whiny

it's good to see you hold yourself to the higher standards you expect of everyone else.

I never once said your opinion was wrong, or tried to trump it. I simply asked what source(s) you used to compile the arrogant acts of the last 28 presidents.

If that's insulting to you. My apologies.
:wave::wave:

WH
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM
In his Copenhagen speech, he referred to "I" or "Me" 23 times in 13 paragraphs. In 41 speeches through October of 2009, he used the words "I" or "me" 1,198 times. Classic narcissism....I was actually alive when this occurred, too, so the moonbats will have to find another deflection, or pile a lot more insults at me this time to escape the painful truth, or, better yet, run away from it.

He said I 23 times in Copenhagen because he was telling the IOC why HE thought Chicago would be a good city for the Olympics. When a speech is conveying YOUR opinion of something, how can you NOT say I alot? (yeah, I know, RDeJ won, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_de_Janeiro_bid_for_the_2016_Summer_Olympics they were the better city apparently. Obama's fault in most people's minds I'm sure)

Sooooo is 1198 I's in 41 speeches high compared to other Presidential Candidates?

Vincent
04-18-2010, 12:56 PM

When one possesses the stellar end extensive legislative résumé of our narcissist in chief, what else is there to talk about? I mean, what did the "delegates" all fly to Copenhagen to see? A "climate summit"?

Apparently, Mich uttering "Baby, youda man" went to his head.

The only thing more vacuous than the Kenyan interloper's "accomplishments" is the air space between the ears of the tools that voted for him.

ricardisimo
04-18-2010, 04:49 PM
CORPORATE CRIME REPORTER

West Virginia Open to Homicide Prosecution for Massey Coal Mine Deaths
24 Corporate Crime Reporter 16, April 16, 2010

For years, the state of West Virginia was proud to say that it was “open for business.”

In a twist, now it might be open for a homicide prosecution in connection with the deaths of 29 miners at the Massey Energy mine in Raleigh County, West Virginia earlier this month.

“If there is evidence to support a homicide prosecution, I would not hesitate to prosecute,” Kristen Keller, the prosecuting attorney for Raleigh County told Corporate Crime Reporter last week.

Keller says she has been in touch with the West Virginia State Police on the matter.

And she says that any federal regulatory investigation would not preclude a state homicide investigation.

“A federal regulatory investigation does not satisfy the need for a state criminal investigation,” Keller said. “If there were a car accident where one or ten or 29 people were killed – a federal investigation would not preclude a state criminal investigation. In fact, there would be a state criminal investigation.”

Twenty-nine miners died at Massey’s Upper Big Branch mine in Raleigh County as the result of an explosion on April 5.

Since then, there have been calls for both federal and state criminal prosecution.

Bob Franken, wrote an article last week for The Hill titled “Murder in the Coal Fields?”

“Plain and simply, the police and prosecutors need to pursue this case,” Franken wrote. “And if those who run Massey can be shown to be culpable beyond a reasonable doubt, they need to be thrown into prison. The sentence for involuntary manslaughter, as just one possible charge, in West Virginia, is a year in prison. For each case.”

West Virginia has an involuntary manslaughter statute.

Here’s the state’s definition: “Involuntary manslaughter involves the accidental causing of death of another person, although unintended, which death is the proximate result of negligence so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life.”

Under West Virginia law, reckless disregard is something more than ordinary or simple negligence.

It is negligence that consciously ignores the safety of others.

And so the question is – do Massey’s actions at the Upper Big Branch mine meet the standard for reckless disregard?

The Charleston Gazette’s Ken Ward Jr. reported last week that three months before last week's deadly explosion, “Massey Energy managers at the Upper Big Branch Mine told workers ‘not to worry’ that the flow of air in the mine – meant to control deadly gases and coal dust – was headed in the wrong direction.”

The comment was made in January, when state and federal inspectors were battling Massey over what Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and the state Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training said were major ventilation problems.

“When questioned, Terry Moore, mine foreman, said he knew of [the] condition and that he asked Everett Hager, superintendent, about it and he was told not to worry about it,” the MSHA inspector, whose name was not released, wrote in his official notebook, the Gazette reported.

“When mine ventilation moves in the wrong direction, that’s a big deal,” Dan Heyman, a stringer for the New York Times based in Charleston told Corporate Crime Reporter last week. “The inspector was complaining to the foreman that the ventilation was moving in the wrong direction and it was not being fixed.”

“The foreman at the company went to the mine supervisor and was told not to worry about it,” Heyman said. “That’s really a smoking gun.”

“Inspectors have told me that it’s a constant tug of war trying to get Massey to obey the rules,” Heyman said.

Over the past two decades, there have been a number of criminal manslaughter prosecutions around the country for worker deaths

In the 1980s, every time a worker died on the job in Los Angeles County, the district attorney would send out a team to investigate the case for a possible manslaughter investigation.

And many successful homicide prosecutions were brought against companies and executives as a result.

We asked Heyman what impact he thought the 29 coal miner deaths have on public opinion in West Virginia.

“I’ve been surprised as to how these things will settle back down,” Heyman said. “I thought the coal industry was in terrible trouble after the Sago mine accident that took 12 lives. And for a time, it was. But eventually, it begins to try to exercise the influence that it always had in the state.”

“This feels a bit different this time. At least in the worlds of journalism and politics that I follow – inside the equivalent of the West Virginia beltway – I sense a willingness to get tough. I don’t know whether that will result in criminal charges. But there have been a couple of op-eds in the states’ largest newspapers calling for criminal prosecutions.”

“We have also seen people saying publically that the coal industry in general is bad for the state of West Virginia – which is tantamount to heresy. Many have thought these things, but there hasn’t been a willingness to voice it.”

“There was a lot more shock and dismay in 2006, because it seemed like such a surprise. This time, there is less rhetoric and more anger.”

Heyman says that coal still has its supporters.

“People who are tied into the economy – successful local business owners – will say – this is the only thing that brings money into our area,” Heyman said.

“I was making this point to another reporter – that there is a split – between people like car dealers, who are successful and tied into the American dream in a sense – and people who live on the margins. I was saying the successful businessmen are much less likely to criticize Massey.”

“And he went and talked to a local prominent businessman in Raleigh County. And that businessman refused to talk with him because he said – there is so much anger at the company, that if his customers heard him on the air saying good things about Massey and Blankenship, that it would blow back on him.”

“That’s the reverse of what we would have seen in the past. So, there’s a power dynamic. And there is a tipping point where the king loses control of the kingdom. And then everything goes to hell for him. I don’t know if we are at that point.”

“Yes, coal is king in West Virginia. But it’s never been a peaceful kingdom. There has been a long history of conflict and dispute and even violence between the coal industry and workers or environmentalists. It’s always a very restive situation.”

Last week, an editorial in the Mountain Eagle newspaper of Whitesville, Kentucky asked the question – Why Do Miners Die?

And the paper answered this way:

“They die because of negligence. They die because the company they work for cares more about running coal than making mines safe. And they die because the federal agency that is charged with protecting them fails in its mission.”

“The mine was projected to earn $145.6 million for Massey this year, and nothing was going to get in the way of meeting that goal. Massey CEO Don Blankenship has dismissed any and all criticism as the work of ‘the enemies of coal.’ He’s God, in short, and you’re not.”

In a now infamous 2005 memo, Blankenship wrote this to his workforce:

“If any of you have been asked by your group presidents, your supervisors, engineers, or anyone else to do anything other than run coal (i.e. build overcasts, do construction jobs, or whatever) you need to ignore them and run coal.”

The following year, a deadly fire broke out at another Massey mine, Aracoma, killing two men.

The memo helped federal prosecutors secure a guilty plea from Massey’s Aracoma unit in January 2009. The company was fined $2.5 million.

[For a complete transcript of Interview with Dan Heyman, see 24 Corporate Crime Reporter 16(12), print edition only.]

Corporate Crime Reporter
1209 National Press Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20045

Godfather
04-18-2010, 07:30 PM
CORPORATE CRIME REPORTER

West Virginia Open to Homicide Prosecution for Massey Coal Mine Deaths
24 Corporate Crime Reporter 16, April 16, 2010

Good. If they cut corners on safety they should have the book thrown at them.

If it was really unavoidable they should get off the hook.

And the citizens of that area are the people best qualified to make the call, since they have an intimate understanding of the coal industry.

GBMelBlount
04-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Good. If they cut corners on safety they should have the book thrown at them.

If it was really unavoidable they should get off the hook.

And the citizens of that area are the people best qualified to make the call, since they have an intimate understanding of the coal industry.

Exactly. Summed up perfectly imo.

ricardisimo
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Exactly. Summed up perfectly imo.

Just watch... the corporate lawyers will get a change of venue for Massey. Mark my words.

urgle burgle
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
so, i take it, you have a deep understanding of mining, the industry, and of Massey itself? just like the President. Maybe you should let the investigation start before quickly conveying sentencing. regardless of the outcome, and ive stated what i think, i will wait to pass judgement before the investigation and the facts are out. while the media, the President, and others who know nothing about this subject prosecute people, companies, and industries, i will not abide their tap dancing on the memories of the dead.

ricardisimo
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
so, i take it, you have a deep understanding of mining, the industry, and of Massey itself? just like the President. Maybe you should let the investigation start before quickly conveying sentencing. regardless of the outcome, and ive stated what i think, i will wait to pass judgement before the investigation and the facts are out. while the media, the President, and others who know nothing about this subject prosecute people, companies, and industries, i will not abide their tap dancing on the memories of the dead.

I don't know what to tell you... We have workplace rules, most of which were signed into law by that commie-pinko Richard Nixon, namely the laws and regulations administered by OSHA. As the article suggests, there are compelling reasons to believe that there was malfeasance on the part of Massey. We'll see if the state finds sufficient evidence, and if a small state like WV has the cojones to prosecute. I have some doubts, but some hope as well.

If WV does go after them, how does this reflect on Obama? These things fascinate me, because there are endless reasons to dislike, distrust and desire to impeach Barrack Obama, and the Right fails to cite a single one of them, ever. Instead it's his Kenyan citizenship and his Communist backgrounds and whatnot. And then you have the gall to criticize the 9/11 nutjobs. Whatever...

urgle burgle
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
read my intiial post(whidh is the OP) as to why i find fault with our President concerning this issue. im glad you could lump me in with those that want to impeach him, and that i think hes Kenyan. i dont remember ever saying any of those things. if WV goes after Massey, if they deserve it, that is what i want. that has nothing to do with why im ticked off at our esteemed President. so, as you so succintly put it.....whatever

ricardisimo
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
read my intiial post(whidh is the OP) as to why i find fault with our President concerning this issue. im glad you could lump me in with those that want to impeach him, and that i think hes Kenyan. i dont remember ever saying any of those things. if WV goes after Massey, if they deserve it, that is what i want. that has nothing to do with why im ticked off at our esteemed President. so, as you so succintly put it.....whatever

My apologies. I'll go back and read.

GBMelBlount
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Just watch... the corporate lawyers will get a change of venue for Massey. Mark my words.

Yep. I guess we'll see...

urgle burgle
04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
My apologies. I'll go back and read.

sokay...

43Hitman
04-20-2010, 06:47 AM

I agree with everything except the last paragraph. I saw it more as a morale thing for our troops. It didn't really bother me, but I can see where it could/would irritate the other side.

revefsreleets
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.vaticanassassins.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Obama-smug-head-photo.jpg

WH
04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
http://rocker66843.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-rock1.jpg
he looks like the rock in the above picture.

GBMelBlount
04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.vaticanassassins.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Obama-smug-head-photo.jpg

http://rocker66843.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-rock1.jpg
he looks like the rock in the above picture.

I agree WH.

Only difference is that you are left wondering what "The Rock" is doing with just one of his hands. :chuckle:

WH
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
probably preparing some ''pie''

revefsreleets
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
We should all bask in the light and glory of our ruler....how dare you jest and mock! May Obama strike you down!

Vincent
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/ilDuceObama.jpg

43Hitman
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Is it just me? Or is there a rabbit in his nose?

urgle burgle
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
before someone else throws it out there, i must acknowledge that the Pres and VP will be appearing at a Sunday memorial here in the ol' WV. so, he gets some credit for that. that is all.

WH
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
There is only one Il Duce

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/il-duce.jpg

Leftoverhard
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
before someone else throws it out there, i must acknowledge that the Pres and VP will be appearing at a Sunday memorial here in the ol' WV. so, he gets some credit for that. that is all.

Shhh...someone might hear you.

On the pictures above - They're just smelling what the Rock is cooking.

urgle burgle
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM
ive never actually figured out what hes cooking.....can he even cook? was he once a sous chef? i would like this question answered, as it keeps me up at night.

as for the Pres in WV, i have to be fair. thats the only way you can be truthful and honest in your endeavors. im just praying when he does the eulogy it is not a giant blame fest. something simple to honor those whose lives were lost would suffice. and ill give him credit for that, too. although, it will hurt quite a bit.

Leftoverhard
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
ive never actually figured out what hes cooking.....can he even cook? was he once a sous chef? i would like this question answered, as it keeps me up at night.

I don't think anyone knows for sure - but I think he's just been baking cookies.

Although, i did find this...

http://rookery4.aviary.com/storagev12/2315000/2315447_9384_625x1000.jpg

WH
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Probably bakin' some brownies. It's 4/20 afterall.

HometownGal
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't think anyone knows for sure - but I think he's just been baking cookies.

:lust: :lust: :lust:

Smokin!

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM

With tomatoes and ...are those peaches? ....and alfalfa sprouts??

:puke:

In all seriousness, WTF IS he making?? lol

Leftoverhard
04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
With tomatoes and ...are those peaches? ....and alfalfa sprouts??

:puke:

In all seriousness, WTF IS he making?? lol

Can you smell WTF the Rock is cooking?! :rofl:

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Can you smell WTF the Rock is cooking?! :rofl:

:rofl:

Oh man! I can't believe I missed that! :doh:

WH
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
and he's cutting garlic? Has to be a salad.

ricardisimo
04-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Is it just me? Or is there a rabbit in his nose?

No... Teddy bear.

stillers4me
04-21-2010, 05:40 AM
The Rock. :drool: