PDA

View Full Version : How Will Big Ben case Affect Steelers Fans

nicoleandfrankie
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
With everything going on, is it possible that the Steelers could see thousands of STH`S give up tickets and face possible blackouts. Are fans going to rush to buy tickets when they come on sale knowing whats been going on.......

plenewken
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM
With everything going on, is it possible that the Steelers could see thousands of STH`S give up tickets and face possible blackouts. Are fans going to rush to buy tickets when they come on sale knowing whats been going on.......

Not a chance.

Shoes
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
.... another Ben thread

Nothing will change IMO.

Gnutella
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Four posts.

SteelGhost
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe #7 jersey sales go down and they sell a lot of # 2's :chuckle:

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:10 PM

better chance of hell freezing over

Steelerfreak58
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
DIXON I am telling you is going to hold the fort down well when Benny is on suspension and it is going to make management consider the future. The Rooney's are going ape shit over this whole mess there hasn't been this much negative publicity I don't think ever for the organization ever.

I think Ben is guilty of being a complete dumb-ass that left half of his brain on that van a couple of years ago that maybe about it. When it all comes down to it I think the Rooney's just won't care if more BS keeps coming out and Ben will get let go regardless of who he is and what he means to the team.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let DIXON be for real not a SLASH!:sofunny:

Gnutella
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Anybody think the chances of us getting physically attacked at away games increases?

Steelerfreak58
04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Anybody think the chances of us getting physically attacked at away games increases?

Considering most away games have more Steeler fans then hometown fans I doubt it. Except if they play in Oakland that place is just a shit hole.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:12 PM

lol for what

Gnutella
04-16-2010, 06:16 PM
lol for what

For "supporting a rapist."

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
There is NO doubt that Ben has embarrassed this team. This whole thing has started to stink, regardless what may have played out in the legal arena. I just hope the Rooney's make the right decision, whatever that may be.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
For "supporting a rapist."

whos a rapist

AllD
04-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, it would not be adviseable to wear a #7 jersey outside of the city. I don't even tell anybody I am a Steeler fan now because I am a transplant and don't want to deal with the BS.

I think the media is crucifying BB, especially on radio and tv. This just might be the beginning of the end for him in the City of Champions.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
The people calling for Dixon to start are the reason I'm sometimes ashamed to call myself a Steeler fan. Dixon is not an NFL caliber QB, and if the Steelers in any way try to make him the future I will boycott the Steelers as I refuse to go through another Kordell Stewart type era at the QB position.

A run 1st throw 2nd QB was and never will be successful enough to lead a team to a championship.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Well, it would not be adviseable to wear a #7 jersey outside of the city. I don't even tell anybody I am a Steeler fan now because I am a transplant and don't want to deal with the BS.

I think the media is crucifying BB, especially on radio and tv. This just might be the beginning of the end for him in the City of Champions.

Oh come on i wear my jersey still nobody has said anything to me. Lets go #7 im ready for the season to start so we can stick it to the bengals browns and ravens. :drink:

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
The people calling for Dixon to start are the reason I'm sometimes ashamed to call myself a Steeler fan. Dixon is not an NFL caliber QB, and if the Steelers in any way try to make him the future I will boycott the Steelers as I refuse to go through another Kordell Stewart type era at the QB position.

A run 1st throw 2nd QB was and never will be successful enough to lead a team to a championship.

Never ashamed of the black and gold. But i will agree with you in the fact i dont believe dixon can lead us to a championship but i think he can be a good fill in for ben's suspension.

Gnutella
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
whos a rapist

Ask the fans of other teams whose stadiums we're about to hijack.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Ask the fans of other teams whose stadiums we're about to hijack.

never cared what their fans thought before why would i start now.

Gnutella
04-16-2010, 06:27 PM

Well I live in Georgia, and the back window of my truck is decked out in Steelers decorations. I can't hide. *lol*

Burghfan58
04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
If Dixon plays well in Bens abscence and Ben doesn't set the world on fire when he returns he will get booed.

Rick5895
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I am a Steeler fan 4 life, regardless of what BB does, I will always bleed black and gold and I will make at leadt 1 trip down to the Burgh to see them play.

Rick5895
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
If Dixon plays well in Bens abscence and Ben doesn't set the world on fire when he returns he will get booed.

Booed or will he be traded in the next offseason?

Burghfan58
04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Booed or will he be traded in the next offseason?

Don't know about the trade. I'm not sure Dixon is the answer. I have questions about him lasting a whole season. His legs are like toothpicks. I just think after all this that Ben is walking a thin line and the fans will not be in a forgiving mood when he stinks it up.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
What are fans gonna do if he comes out and lights it up.

AllD
04-16-2010, 07:06 PM
What are fans gonna do if he comes out and lights it up.

That is the only way he stays. That and a lot of good PR.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
That is the only way he stays. That and a lot of good PR.

I dont think the rooneys would go to all this bad press just to trade him later if hes not being traded this year he will play out his contract in pittsburgh

Michael Keller
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I live in Sacramento and i intentionally now wear my Steeler shirt. I sincerely apologize for the disgusting behavior of this QB and tell people that i believe the Rooney's will do the right thing. Two possibilities come to mind. #1 trade this guy . #2-Suspend him and provide an intense rehab program for him. Perhaps have him work with Charly Batch off the field. Get him to see the other side of life and maybe he will come to understand how fortunate he is and he does not need to walking around with his gentials hanging out to achieve gratification.

He either cleans his entire act up dramatically and noticeably or gets shipped out. The choice is his. I know one thing for sure he has no strikes left and do not be surprised if he is gone before preseason camp.

If he survives and plays here and he has bad games, which he will, it will be incredibly nasty.

O Sensei
04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
I would hope we can look at this from the perspective that we are all human, we all make mistakes and we all must at some point learn from them. The choice to forge ahead and to endeavor to be a better person is up to the individual. Clearly most individuals however are not 100 million dollar athletes.

I like many of you I am sure...have met Ben on occasion outside of Heinz Field, St Vincent, or other football related venues. I have always thought he was funny, a good conversationalist and genuinely a good listener. I do not know if he would do what he is being accused of doing. I had hoped being cleared would enable us to look upon him more favorably, but the facts...or alleged facts presented, regardless of guilt, paint a grim and ugly picture. As far as how it affects us as fans...not quite sure what the validity of the question is...sure it makes ya POd that he continually puts himself in places he should not, but so does Santo's continued use of illegal substances, overall stupidity and Ike Taylor's inability to hang on to the ball.

I for one, will always be a steeler fan, Ben, Troy, Terry, Jack, Lynne, Ham, Franco....these men come and go and then even more will come and I will still be a steeler fan. Ben's misjudgement has no affect on my commitment, nor should it affect how others who do not know me at all....look upon me.

BlastFurnace
04-16-2010, 07:45 PM
It has and will continue to divide us...unlike our ROLB who slapped his childs mother around....but for some reason, Harrison doesn't get the same angst as Ben on this board...or from the Rooney's.

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
A friend of my husband called him yesterday to tell him about a bumper sticker he saw. It read "Honk if Ben Roesthlisberger raped your daughter." Nice.

You stay classy, Cinci.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
It has and will continue to divide us...unlike our ROLB who slapped his childs mother around....but for some reason, Harrison doesn't get the same angst as Ben on this board...or from the Rooney's.

I know right...someone had the nerve the other day to bash me on this board for sticking up for Ben, meanwhile the guy has a banner of James Harrison the baby mama beater as his signature in all of his posts.

SteveS
04-16-2010, 09:25 PM
A friend of my husband called him yesterday to tell him about a bumper sticker he saw. It read "Honk if Ben Roesthlisberger raped your daughter." Nice.

You stay classy, Cinci.

Cincy fans should also have bumper stickers that say, honk if your favorite NFL team has 10 convicts. Douchebags.:tt04: