PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Jr's Thoughts on Steelers

steelerdave1969
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Steelers
Top needs: CB, OL, DE, OLB, RB, NT
First round (18): C/G Maurkice Pouncey
Second round (52): CB Patrick Robinson
Third round (82): DE Alex Carrington
Fourth round (116): RB Jonathan Dwyer
Summary: The Steelers aren't far from being a really good team again, so they need to not be distracted and attack the obvious holes. I think they will. Pouncey will help the interior running game immediately; he's a versatile talent. Robinson has first-round talent but isn't always consistent. He's a great value this late, however, as he's been considered a first-round option at times. Carrington has good length and should develop as a pass-rusher, and Dwyer has dropped a long way because of a lack of explosiveness. That said, you can do worse finding a talented back with a big chip on his shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steelerdave1969
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I for one would love this draft of the first 4 rounds no doubt in my mind. Pouncey in my opinion is a very well worth selection for the Steelers at 18 in round 1 and I think that Patrick Robinson could be a late 1st rounder. As for Covington, he is a great pass rusher and Jonathan Dwyer would be a great 4th round RB to compliment what Mendenhall can do. I have seen Dwyer ever since he started in the ACC and he is a beast in a Very Run Oriented Offense and knows how to put the ball in the endzone.

jollyrob68
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Would love this draft. But would look for a LB in round 3

Galax Steeler
04-17-2010, 05:15 AM
I don't think no one could complain with this one.

pete74
04-17-2010, 05:37 AM
i would like it but i doubt Robinson will be there when we pick in the 2nd or Carrington in the 3rd

revefsreleets
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Hmmmm....so he has us reaching for a possible second rounder in the first, and taking a possible 1st rounder in the middle-late second?

Errrrrr....okay. I might buy the first, but I think Robinson will be long gone by our #2....

jollyrob68
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm....so he has us reaching for a possible second rounder in the first, and taking a possible 1st rounder in the middle-late second?

Errrrrr....okay. I might buy the first, but I think Robinson will be long gone by our #2....

Pouncey is a 1st rounder and ranked at 18 on his big board and 19 on scouts inc board.

Steel Glory
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM

Definitely agree, with that.

Robinson will most likely be gone by that point in round 2. We would have a better shot at maybe Brandon Ghee. But, I really can't see Dwyer falling into the fourth.

Steely McSmash
04-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm assuming this is pre-holmes trade work.

I don't think the FO will take Pouncey at 18

jollyrob68
04-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm assuming this is pre-holmes trade work.

I don't think the FO will take Pouncey at 18

He might be gone by 18.Cant wait for the Draft

steelerdave1969
04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Pouncey is definitely Not gonna make it to the 2nd round Rev. He is a 1st round talent that will go to us or one of the better teams in the league that need depth and players for the future. It would suprise me if Dwyer is there in the 4th. But this draft would be an A+ for the Steelers if they pull it off this way.