PDA

View Full Version : At least Sir Sidney's pure.

zulater
04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Go ahead move this if you like, but I just want to say that not only is Sidney Crosby the best player in hockey, he's also a great kid and wont ever embarass himself, the Pens, or the league.

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Go ahead move this if you like, but I just want to say that not only is Sidney Crosby the best player in hockey, he's also a great kid and wont ever embarass himself, the Pens, or the league.

I've learned never to say never.

I mean,Ricky Martin.....gay? :wink02:

zulater
04-16-2010, 08:33 PM

No, I'm devastated! :doh:

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
while that may be true, football is king in america.

the sad truth is nobody really cares if he is accused of rape. it would be a blip on the radar, as far as the national media spotlight goes.

:noidea: just sayin....

HometownGal
04-16-2010, 08:35 PM

Mario would kick his ass if he was any different. :chuckle:

Sid is a phenomenal player, person and a true role model for the youngins. :applaudit: :hatsoff:

I think this belongs in the Pens forum Zu.

HometownGal
04-16-2010, 08:37 PM

I was floored when I heard that. :jawdrop: Never would have thought in a million years that he has the ghey.

zulater
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM

Sid is a phenomenal player, person and a true role model for the youngins. :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Yeah I know, I just got a little excited, you know like Ricky Martin at muscle beach. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I was floored when I heard that. :jawdrop: Never would have thought in a million years that he has the ghey.yeah... the dudes from WHAM were a shock too. :sofunny:

zulater
04-16-2010, 08:56 PM
yeah... the dudes from WHAM were a shock too. :sofunny:

pIgZ7gMze7A

So you're saying this is gay? :noidea:

X-Terminator
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM

the sad truth is nobody really cares if he is accused of rape. it would be a blip on the radar, as far as the national media spotlight goes.

Sidney Crosby is one of the most recognizable names in sports. It would be a little more than a blip on the radar if he were involved in a similar scandal, though of course not to the level of Ben.

No doubt. His upbringing keeps him grounded, plus he's so driven and committed to being the best that that kind of stuff just doesn't interest him.

He needs to move out of Mario's house, though. Sid, you're 23 and make $9 million a year...time to buy your own place, dude.

I was floored when I heard that. :jawdrop: Never would have thought in a million years that he has the ghey.

Not me. I've always thought there was something "fruity" about him. I'm just amazed it took this long for him to come out.

Indo
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah... the dudes from WHAM were a shock too. :sofunny:

So was Boy George

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/boy-george-culture-club.jpg

zulater
04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Sid's stat line should read 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 save. Not a stat line you'd see every day.

tony hipchest
04-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Sidney Crosby is one of the most recognizable names in sports. It would be a little more than a blip on the radar if he were involved in a similar scandal, though of course not to the level of Ben.
.yes he is. so is jimmie johnson. but even if johnson did to his supermodel wife, what tiger woods did to his, the media coverage would pale im comparrisson.

im not knocking the individual atheletes or their respective sports.

just adding some perspective to the national media coverage in those regards.

hell, i was impressed the national media even blinked an eye when dale earhardt died in competition.

i wish i coulde change the perception of regional sports such as hockey and NASCAR, but i cant.

football is king, and if anyone still clings to the belief that baseball is the "national past time" they are kidding themselves.

while soccer may be global, it isnt shit here.

david becham supposedly raping a girl woulnt be more than a blip on our national media radar either. :hunch: (it would be like "big ben" in england, though).

it is what it is.

Silverback92
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Okay. So, I love the Steelers and have for the past 20 years through thick and thin. I will die a Steelers fan. The Steelers are the best organization in the NFL. I wish I was a Rooney.

But when it comes to hockey: Sidney Crosby is an extraordinary player. Amazing skill. Super talented...however, he's a diving bitch and my respect for him goes out the door on that note. His skill is great, but as a whole I just disdain his prissiness.

I am sorry Pittsburgh, please forgive me.

X-Terminator
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Okay. So, I love the Steelers and have for the past 20 years through thick and thin. I will die a Steelers fan. The Steelers are the best organization in the NFL. I wish I was a Rooney.

But when it comes to hockey: Sidney Crosby is an extraordinary player. Amazing skill. Super talented...however, he's a diving bitch and my respect for him goes out the door on that note. His skill is great, but as a whole I just disdain his prissiness.

Denied, only because I'm getting tired of hearing this shit day after day after day from people who can't get over things he did when he was 18 years old, mainly from bitter Flyers fans because he owns their team every single game. Crosby is not even close to the player he was back then, and if you think he is, you haven't been paying enough attention. Ovechkin goes out and injures people, and yet, everyone loves him.

Give me a break.

SteelCityMom
04-16-2010, 11:54 PM

One of the greatest players in the game today, puts it all out on the line for his teammates every game, spends the majority of his time off the ice giving back to the community...both in Pittsburgh and Cole Harbour, and yet all most people can talk about is how he used to dive when he was an 18 year old rookie and how he complains to the refs (which every captain of every team does). Kind of sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Pittsburgh is lucky to have such a person on their team and in their city.

Shea
04-17-2010, 12:01 AM
One of the greatest players in the game today, puts it all out on the line for his teammates every game, spends the majority of his time off the ice giving back to the community...both in Pittsburgh and Cole Harbour, and yet all most people can talk about is how he used to dive when he was an 18 year old rookie and how he complains to the refs (which every captain of every team does). Kind of sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Exactly.

It's posts such as Silverback's and a few other's that have recently stated that Staal sucks that makes me wonder how many Pens' games these people have actually watched.

steelerdude15
04-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it's good to see we don't have anything to worry about when it comes to the Pens... I still think Ben is innocent and this is just another moron trying to get money... just saying.

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 04:00 AM

Tony Starks! HAHAHA Ghost is a beast.

HometownGal
04-17-2010, 04:09 AM

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

QFT.

steelerchad
04-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Did you see that assist last night? Incredible. He skated rings around the defender for oh.... about 20 seconds and the whole defense was focused on him and then he fell to his knees and made that sweet pass for the one timer. Yeah, he had the other goal too..... but that assist was a thing of beauty. ESPN highlight doesn't do it justice because they cut the first 10 seconds of him holding off the defender back and forth behing the net 4 times.

zulater
04-17-2010, 09:58 AM

So you either know nothing about hockey or are a fan of the Flyers, Caps, or Rangers, or both. :flap:

steelpride12
04-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Sid is not only one of the best if not the best player in hockey in our generation, but he is a leader and the captain of this team! The best idol for any young child or adult and he shows it by his persistence at practicing always being there, the last player off the ice and the contributions off the ice. We in Pittsburgh are one lucky group of hockey fans to have him on our team for years to come!

Indo
04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Sid is THE BEST player in the NHL. Period.

stlrtruck
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Of course after that "save" the other night Pittsburgh can now say they've got TWO of the greatest players that have made miraculous saves!

4xSBChamps
04-20-2010, 07:31 AM
http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/advice-for-ben

4 - Watch Sidney Crosby. Itís too bad that a 28 year old guy has to learn from a 22 year old, but watch how he handles the media.

When he is in a scrum and gets a question from somebody behind him ,who is stretching to get a microphone in front of his face, he makes a point to turn back and make eye contact with the questioner. And believe it or not, despite that fact that he plays three or four games a week instead of one, he still finds time to talk to the media.

Not only during the regular season, but during the playoffs when the media crush is even greater. Get him to explain to you how it is that heís able to spend 10 to 15 minutes with the media ON THE MORNING OF A GAME but you and other NFL players have to be protected from about Thursday on.

Youíll notice that Sid rarely says anything interesting or inflammatory of controversial, but what ever he says, he says it politely and with PATIENCE. Itís called being a human being.

~John Steigerwald~