4. Anthony Dixon RB Mississippi State
5a. Joe Webb WR UAB
5b. Clifton Geathers DE South Carolina
5c. Brandon Sharpe OLB Texas Tech
5d. Robert Johnson FS Utah
6. Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky
7a. Scott Sicko TE New Hampshire
7b. Brett Swenson K Michigan State

This draft is in hoping that Sweed and Urbick step forward this year.

taztroy43
04-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I like your mock...there are some guys that you have there that I will include in mine.....I like the way you're thinking on some of the picks....it's similar to my train of thoughts...:drink:

wdsteel
04-17-2010, 01:46 AM
like the draft but dont know of Robert Johnson FS Utah or Scott Sicko TE New Hampshire
will have to read up some more now.. nice work

SteelerFanInStl
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I had some core players that I liked a lot and then had to fill the holes with others like Robert Johnson and Sicko (I like the name :chuckle:) that I don't know much about either. Sicko could be replaced by Nate Byham of Pitt if we wanna go with a blocking TE.

Thanks for the comments so far. Keep 'em coming!

SteelerFanInStl
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
111 views but only 2 comments? :noidea:

Steel Glory
04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Lol, people just like to look.

I think it is a great draft, and only one thing I would really change if it was mine.

I don't really like Linval Joseph in the second, but I could see us taking maybe Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup.

Other then that it would be a solid draft and I like the Scott Sicko pick, besides who says the guy can't learn how to block well. I remember I had him as my 7th rounder in my first mock. I also had Taylor Price as a 5th rounder, but that won't be happening anymore.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Here it is! My first mock draft for the year. OK, let me have it! :chuckle:

1. Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
2. Linval Joseph NT East Carolina
3. Matt Tennant C Boston College
4. Anthony Dixon RB Mississippi State
5a. Joe Webb WR UAB
5b. Clifton Geathers DE South Carolina
5c. Brandon Sharpe OLB Texas Tech
5d. Robert Johnson FS Utah
6. Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky
7a. Scott Sicko TE New Hampshire
7b. Brett Swenson K Michigan State

This draft is in hoping that Sweed and Urbick step forward this year.

Nice job!!!

I like picks 1..4...5a...5b..5d...6 and 7a alot. Sicko is a nice sleeper pick that I had talked about a couple of weeks ago...He was the leading reciever for New Hampshire even though he was at one point thought to be a blocking TE. I think he had like 700+ yards and 9 TD's last year. Also ran like a 4.53 Forty at his pro-day.

I think Joseph is just a little overrated at this point..but might end up being an ok player...Swenson would be a good pick if Reed hadnt came back..

Steel Glory
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
LLT, I had Sicko on mine back in December, I just kind of stopped posting on the forums because I'm in college now and have a weekend job :chuckle:.

I just got sidetracked, but since we are so close to the draft I am back:tt02:

SteelerFanInStl
04-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I actually would prefer Torrell Troup at NT but I was having problems fitting all of the players I liked into the rounds that they were projected at.

I threw Swenson in there at the end because even though Reed signed his tender, they haven't signed him to a long term contract.

pete74
04-19-2010, 04:31 AM
im hoping we pick wilson or haden because i think there going to both be stars at the next level. i was previously thinking we would ignore our DBproblem and adress the line but we seem to be leaning the otherway now. i still think we may take jared odrick if he is still there but we will probably end up with wilson.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
I Love Joe Webb. But truth be told he, and Geathers are too high. Webb is a late 6th at best, and probably more of a 7th rounder. Geathers from everything I hear is a late 5th maybe, but more likely a 6th rounder. Also Webb might play WR but he is not WR ready every down. So Pittsburgh HAS to select a WR elsewhere. Either 3rd round or 4th round.

SteelerFanInStl
04-19-2010, 08:19 AM
IMO we HAVE to take a CB in one of the first 2 rounds. If we don't we're gonna have problems in our division against Cin and Bal. I'd be OK with an OL and then CB in the second but about the only other scenario I'd be happy with would be if McClain falls to us in the first.

SteelerFanInStl
04-19-2010, 08:23 AM
I Love Joe Webb. But truth be told he, and Geathers are too high. Webb is a late 6th at best, and probably more of a 7th rounder. Geathers from everything I hear is a late 5th maybe, but more likely a 6th rounder. Also Webb might play WR but he is not WR ready every down. So Pittsburgh HAS to select a WR elsewhere. Either 3rd round or 4th round.

The WR that I really want is Andre Roberts but I coudln't fit him in at #4 because I also want Dixon at RB. They're both round 3-4 projections so I couldn't fit them both in. I agree that Webb will be a project.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Well I love Dixon as well. But truth be told, the steelers have not talked with him, but they have brought in Blount. And he might actually slide to the 5th round. Making it easier to select a WR in round 4. Me, I still hope that IF the Steelers are seriously looking at Pouncey, then I hope we deal down, maybe with Philly for their picks at 24, and their 3rd rounder at 87. That way we can still get Pouncey, and then use that second 3rd rounder on a better valued WR. But that is just me.

Steel Glory
04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Well I love Dixon as well. But truth be told, the steelers have not talked with him, but they have brought in Blount. And he might actually slide to the 5th round. Making it easier to select a WR in round 4. Me, I still hope that IF the Steelers are seriously looking at Pouncey, then I hope we deal down, maybe with Philly for their picks at 24, and their 3rd rounder at 87. That way we can still get Pouncey, and then use that second 3rd rounder on a better valued WR. But that is just me.

Just because they brought someone in to evaluate them, doesn't mean they will pick them. The Steelers only took, I think, 3 of the guys they looked at in the last draft, meaning all the others that they drafted weren't even brought in.

Also, why would we trade down with Philidelphia? Seriously? If we wanted Pouncey, he is probably the only reason Philly would move up, besides Earl Thomas. And I would rather have Earl Thomas if he was available.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Just because they brought someone in to evaluate them, doesn't mean they will pick them. The Steelers only took, I think, 3 of the guys they looked at in the last draft, meaning all the others that they drafted weren't even brought in.

Also, why would we trade down with Philidelphia? Seriously? If we wanted Pouncey, he is probably the only reason Philly would move up, besides Earl Thomas. And I would rather have Earl Thomas if he was available.

Oh how totally wrong you are. Yes the Eagles need a Safety, and I'm sure they would love Earl Thomas, as would alot of teams. But the Eagles from what MANY reports say that they also LOVE LB Sean Weatherspoon. And McClain as well. I have heard that Philly might try to deal up even higher than 18. But, if the player is there at 18 like a Weatherspoon, and say both Thomas and McClain are gone, then Philly I think would " Cream " on themselves to get Weatherspoon. And if we can get a extra 3rd rounder to move down to 24, and STILL be able to draft Pouncey..( Who will definitely still be on the board )..or maybe Kyle Wilson,,,then why not do it ?

But Philly knows at 24 that in all likelyhood that none of Earl Thomas, Weatherspoon or McClain will be there. And those are the three names associated with Philly.

Steel Glory
04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Would you care to reference one of these reports that are in such abundance?

And of course the Eagles just traded for a First round drafted linebacker from Detroit in case you didn't know. His name is Ernie Sims. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Birds_Trade_for_Lions_Sims.html

I guess its you that is totally wrong. As your name suggests, what do you know?

I'm sure that after trading for 2006 first round draft choice Ernie Sims, that that really still want Sean Weatherspoon. Enough to take him in the first round :doh:

Steely McSmash
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
I like the draft a good bit.

Sicko is from Kreider's alma mater as well. Are granite stater's natural blockers?

Personally I don't think we need a NT in the 2nd and Joseph is not 2nd round talent. I you want second Round NT why not go Cam Thomas?

I'd go receiver in the 2nd and get a developmental NT at 5a basically swapping the picks

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Cam is not a 2nd round talent either. 3rd round at best.

Aussie_steeler
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I like the draft a good bit.

Sicko is from Kreider's alma mater as well. Are granite stater's natural blockers?

Personally I don't think we need a NT in the 2nd and Joseph is not 2nd round talent. I you want second Round NT why not go Cam Thomas?

I'd go receiver in the 2nd and get a developmental NT at 5a basically swapping the picks

Joseph can play both NT and DE. I think that is what is boosting his value as well

WIth some many teams switching to the 3-4 it is paramount that each team gets an immovable NT.

To us they may not be good value but you try telling that to a Defensive co-ordinator that has just been told he has to implement a 3-4 D.

I think that NT's will be over valued this year. Remember last year a player by the name of Ron Brace. He flew off the board much earlier than most expected. We will see similar this year.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
If we are gonna take a D-Linemen in round 2, well I kinda want this guy. One, he is a VERY good player, and might not even be there at 52, but if he is, we should take him. High energy productive player who has alot of Exp in a 3-4 defense. And a BONUS...He kinda looks like Troy Polamalu...only about 100 Lbs heavier :-)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DT/Tyson-Alualu.php

SteelerFanInStl
04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
WIth some many teams switching to the 3-4 it is paramount that each team gets an immovable NT.

To us they may not be good value but you try telling that to a Defensive co-ordinator that has just been told he has to implement a 3-4 D.

I think that NT's will be over valued this year. Remember last year a player by the name of Ron Brace. He flew off the board much earlier than most expected. We will see similar this year.

Good points. That's what I've been thinking. There's a number of teams that are looking for a NT in this draft since almost all of the FA NTs signed with their teams.