PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Steelers fans...still hard to swallow

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 01:18 PM
No, what's a joke are people stating the refs gave us this game. Those are the true morons and the ones that have no idea what football is all about. But jealousy and denial sucks....
After the Steelers Colts game....I can't believe you now take it so blindly. The officiating in this game was one of the worst in Super Bowl history.

Yes, The Seahawks should have done a lot more to over compensate that. We should have caught those dropped passes and made some of those missed field goals. The Steelers had the big play when it was needed most, and for that I commend your team as Champions.

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rothisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

In my opinion, yes, the refs had a big say on the outcome of the game...they should have been given the MVP.

Congrats to the Steelers fans though. You are some fine football fans and deserve this win, enjoy it!

I’m eating some crow…..but it’s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site…so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We’ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

Steel - X
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Very nice post I agree there weere some missed calls or bad ones for that matter but I believe there were some that went your way also. I am not here to nit pick everything because you seem like a class guy unlike some of your other true fans. Thanks for the props we do have some good fans. Stick around.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 01:23 PM
After the Steelers Colts game....I can't believe you now take it so blindly. The officiating in this game was one of the worst in Super Bowl history.

Yes, The Seahawks should have done a lot more to over compensate that. We should have caught those dropped passes and made some of those missed field goals. The Steelers had the big play when it was needed most, and for that I commend your team as Champions.

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rithisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

In my opinion, yes, the refs had a big say on the outcome of the game...they should have been given the MVP.

Congrats to the Steelers fans though. You are some fine football fans and deserve this win, enjoy it!

I?m eating some crow?..but it?s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site?so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We?ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

I think Hasselbeck said it best. He said that the Seahawks didn't play well enough to win and the Steelers did. I think the refs had a pretty big impact. The supposed hold that called back the pass to the Steelers 1 yard run could have been pivital.

But ultimately a win is a win. Seattle played better, dominated Pittsburgh for a good portion of the game, outgained them, more first downs, better defence...all except for a couple of self-inflicted wounds. In the superbowl you can't win if you make mistakes...unless your "Big Ben" of QB rating 29 and two INT's...oh wait, which brings me back to the refs... OH well, better luck next year Hawks.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks, Zorn. Don't be a stranger. :smile: I still have 10,000 Seahawks points to spend. Can they be used to purchase Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia...(lol)? :wink:

benberger
02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
seahawks earned my respect last night....i dont think i saw a team play the steelers that tough all year.....if it makes you feel any better i think the seahawks have a much better chance of getting back to the super bowl next year than the steelers because they play iin the nfc.....they would be a fine afc team though....i think the two best teams in football played in the super bowl for sure this year.

Eztarget
02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
It was a p!ss poor SB ALL AROUND IMO.

Both teams looked frightened in the beginning, and then the officiating was horrible BOTH ways but unfortunately the questionable calls against your team were on HUGE plays.

Did we get the SB "handed" to us? I'd say no.

Did the officials decide the outcome? I'd say no.

Did the officials change momentum as crucial times? Definitely!

We faced the same crap against the Colts who IMO were much better than Seattle and we still overcame it. Seattle didn't defend on the Steelers two biggest plays and the REFS had NOTHING to do with those plays.

I wish they would eliminate the stupid "bye week" between conference championship games and the SB. It takes two great teams playing at a high level and screws up their timing. Plus in EVERY other major sport the playoffs are all about SURVIVING the tough schedule and winning it all. Imagine if they took two weeks off between the NBA, or NHL finals?

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, imagine if they had 2 weeks of during the world series. I agree....I am not a fan of the SB bye week.

Also, I wish the refs in the NFL were full time positions...like they are in MLB and the NBA. Maybe the league as a whole would get better officiated games.

TapOut64
02-06-2006, 01:33 PM

But the way I see it, it was the BS call to call our TD back....and a COMPLETE pile of Testiverdi horse shit that they gave Rothisburgher his....or let his stand. That was no way a TD. From every camera angle I saw...I never saw the ball cross the goal line before he was down....the refs in the booth even told Holmgren that it wasn't a touchdown but the field ref had no indisputable evidence to over turn the call....what a crock!!

I?m eating some crow?..but it?s EXTREMELY hard to swallow.

I had a blast on this site?so thanks to all that run Steelers Fever.

We?ll see you again next year!

-ZTL

It wasn't the refs in the booth who told Holmgren it wasn't a TD, it was his own coaching staff. IMHO, the tip of the ball crossed the goal line, two to three feet above it.

Seattle was unable to take advantage of Ben having one of his worst games and the refs had nothing to do with Willie Parkers 75 yard TD run, and I didn't think that they had coverage on Hines Ward on Randle El's TD pass.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 01:36 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=69030#post69030

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

Pathetic. After seeing the Seahawks MB's I can see where it comes from.

bozz723
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Just for the record...

Ben was in for that touchdown. I dont know how people can't see that. The ball crossed the plane when he was airborne, albeit a very small part of the ball, but you could esily see it. Thats a TD, refs got it right.

The holding call on the Stevens catch at the one ? WAS HOLDING. I screamed that before Hasselbeck released the ball and it came as no surprise when the flag came. Haggans blew right around him and the only way he could stop him was by grabbing his collar and HOLDING him.

Hasselbeck also didn't have to throw that interception, was a horrible pass. The only horrible call of the game was Hasselbeck's personal foul penalty. That was it. Seahawks lost, and thats the bottom line.

24seven
02-06-2006, 01:54 PM
I agree.. The ONLY horrible call that was a no brainer wtf call was the Hasselbeck cut block tackle majig.. I don't know why the hell they called that but whatever.. I can't change that and nor can anyone else.. The reason why people are screaming rigged is cuz of ESPN announcers like Salisbury steak and that Stevens fag writer.. THere garbage is fueling an uneeded and uncalled for fire and so people are jumpin on the bandwagon.. It's there way of making themselves feel better and have at least an excuse for losing a game they probably should have won. What's funny is that the players .. not ONE of them blame the refs or anyone else except themselves.. Jeremy Stephens blames himself for the loss.. Hasselbeck blames them not getting the job done for the loss.. The Steelers got the job done and we didn't were his words.. In the end.. The refs are human and you can't see 360 degree angles so nobody can be 100 percent perfect all the time.. The reason we can complain so much is the 50 million replays from every angle.. If technology wasn't as good as it is today we wouldn't be having these arguments as the calls would be what they were called.. No 250 million people judging it from the 20 other angles there being shown on tv.. Personally I could never nor ever want to be a ref for this reason alone.. Someones always going to see something different than you.. You have 1 angle from the field.. TV fans have every angle under the sun.. and slow mo.. and aerial cam.. I mean comon.. Eventually you can take the refs out of the game and just call the penalties after the plays over once the guys in the booth have looked over the play from every angle.. Once it's scanned completely.. Next play.. Is that what football is gonna have to resort to?? Comon fans.. It's a game.. It's over.. Move on in life.. The Seahawks players I'm sure have.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 01:56 PM
It's useless man. Let them think what they want. We won. If some can't deal with that fact, too bad. That's their problem. Cry and moan elsewhere.

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey 83-Steelers-43, congratulations man, your team won the game! Way to go! No doubt, I would be as happy as you are....had my team played well enough to over compensate the bad officiating. No sour grapes here....we should have played better.

But the officiating in the NFL as a whole needs improvement and I hope as a football fan, you can recognize this. And on no bigger stage to display that as it was displayed yesterday, in Super Bowl XL....especially when that was supposedly the cream of the crop officials.

thumb 2 come
02-06-2006, 02:34 PM
But the officiating in the NFL as a whole needs improvement and I hope as a football fan, you can recognize this. And on no bigger stage to display that as it was displayed yesterday, in Super Bowl XL....especially when that was supposedly the cream of the crop officials.

Agreed the officials sucked all year and the NFL should look at that.

OX1947
02-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Hasselbacks 15 yarder and Ben's TD were both questionable. The steelers actually got that same call called on them a few games back to. They call it because they dont want anyone to block or tackle at the knees as much as they can. The Ben TD, had it not counted would have put the ball at the 1/2 inch line. I think the steelers would have gone for it anyway and score on the next play. The two penalty calls were correct. The RT held haggans and jackson created separation before he got the TD, those were 100% correct but because they happened on two big plays, now its blame everyone but ourselves for the lose. Its not the fact that the kick missed 2 FG or Matt threw an INT, its lets blame the whole world not on calls that were correct.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
It was a p!ss poor SB ALL AROUND IMO.

Both teams looked frightened in the beginning, and then the officiating was horrible BOTH ways but unfortunately the questionable calls against your team were on HUGE plays.

Did we get the SB "handed" to us? I'd say no.

Did the officials decide the outcome? I'd say no.

Did the officials change momentum as crucial times? Definitely!

We faced the same crap against the Colts who IMO were much better than Seattle and we still overcame it. Seattle didn't defend on the Steelers two biggest plays and the REFS had NOTHING to do with those plays.

I wish they would eliminate the stupid "bye week" between conference championship games and the SB. It takes two great teams playing at a high level and screws up their timing. Plus in EVERY other major sport the playoffs are all about SURVIVING the tough schedule and winning it all. Imagine if they took two weeks off between the NBA, or NHL finals?

New England Philly, New England Carolina, New England St.Louis, St.Louis Tennessee, there have been some good ones with the 2 weeks. And then there were some bad ones. Tampa Oakland, Baltimore Giants, This one?

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Zorn. Don't be a stranger. :smile: I still have 10,000 Seahawks points to spend. Can they be used to purchase Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia...(lol)? :wink:
Thanks SteelerzGirl! I am sorry though, they are only good for Long Island ice-teas. :cheers:

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks SteelerzGirl! I am sorry though, they are only good for Long Island ice-teas. :cheers:

You're on! I'm buyin'. :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey 83-Steelers-43, congratulations man, your team won the game! Way to go! No doubt, I would be as happy as you are....had my team played well enough to over compensate the bad officiating. No sour grapes here....we should have played better.

I never stated the officiating was perfect. The Indy game proved that. Was I upset with the Troy "non-interception"? Sure. But If we would have lost I would not have used it as an excuse for our loss. Maybe that's just me. In my opinion, great teams over come bad calls, such as we did in Indy. It's part of the game. Until there is a perfect system in place (which I never see happening) that's how it will always be in the NFL and in any other sport for that matter.

Eztarget
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
New England Philly, New England Carolina, New England St.Louis, St.Louis Tennessee, there have been some good ones with the 2 weeks. And then there were some bad ones. Tampa Oakland, Baltimore Giants, This one?

See I disagree. A lot of the last few SB's have had really POOR starts because the teams timing is off. Your first SB win against the Rams was like 3 to 0 until Ty Law returned that INT for your first score. The Pats win over Carolina MOST of the scoring was in the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter.

The Eagles were playing GREAT until the SB last year, and looked flat out of the gate just like BOTH teams did yesterday.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey Zorn... What happened to the Seahawks Huddle? I just tried to pull it up and got "The page cannot be displayed" message. :(

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Hey Zorn... What happened to the Seahawks Huddle? I just tried to pull it up and got "The page cannot be displayed" message. :(
I have no idea....I have been trying to get on it today myself and cannot.

Sharkissle29
02-06-2006, 04:06 PM
what replay are ppl watching that would allow jacksons TD? did you not see hope jump a foot back from the push?

look at roethlisberger and the ball in the air.....then talk to me

and if he didnt get in 4th and inches....QB sneak TD. Take it or leave it, we would have gotten it either way

blackngoldbaby
02-06-2006, 04:19 PM
ALL THE SEATTLE FANS NEED 2 GET OVER THE REFS AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT MAKIN BAD CALLS IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM THEN WHY DONT THEY TAKE IT UP WITH THE REFS!IM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING WE CHEATED! WE WON THE GAME AND THATS FINAL!! SOO GET OVER IT!:mad: AND I KNOW THAT BEN GOT THAT TOUCHDOWN I HAVE T VO AND I CAN PAUSE IT AND FROM WHAT I SAW ON THERE IT WAS DEFINITLY A TOUCHDOWN TOUGH CALL BUT GOOD CALL!:sign01:SOOO :chillpill PEOPLE

Glockdawg
02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I commend the Steelers on their win lastnight and I also commend most of the Steeler Fans on this site too, your a class act and deserve to celebrate your win. The officials for lastnights game will go down in history as the worst crew ever assembled, the proof of that is in the ESPN poll that is running right now.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2011

-Glock

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 04:36 PM
ESPN can smoke my pole after that poll.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for coming over and congratulating. I agree some bad calls, but how come you fasil to mention all of the holding calls on Clark Haggins? And on the INT return by the Seahawks, the push in the back block on Ben R.?

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 05:12 PM
We played terrible on offense, Ben practilcally gave the game away himself. When he should have put the nail in the coffin, he under threw Wilson and got picked. Imagine if Ben was on! !!!!!!!!!!

The Refs suck every week, like artificial turf, indoor football or a bad throw, the refs are part of the game. You just hope that thye equal out eventually!

As far as Bens TD, it was close, with his black elbow sleeve, and dark gloves it was hard to tell! But its official now.

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
ESPN is starting to look like FOX in their "Fair and Unbalanced" bullshit coverage. They are more and more, with shit shows like Cold Pizza and Page 2, leaning toward shock journalism and trying to get ratings by exploiting the emotions of the people who are looking for reasons that their team lost.

Everyone of those freakin' questions in their POLL was bullshit.

Did the ball cross the line for a touchdown, YES!!! Look at it again....and again and again, and everytime you look at it, you will see the ball crossing the front of the line before Ben hits the ground.

Was the PI call in the endzone a legit call.... YES!!! Look at it again.....and again and again, and everytime you look at it, you will see the defender moving backwords from a PUSH........

Could the officating have been better, Yes. Did the calls change the outcome of the game, well, Yes in some cases, as they should!!! That touchdown with the PI call should not have stood, so the officiating team did it's job.......

Why is it so hard for people to get this???

I could go on and on, and I'm going to stop now because I should be enjoying this day. I should not be spending my time trying to defend a win by our Steelers.........

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!

EDIT: Here's something for the Ben TD question:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Big_Ben_SB_TD.jpg

BB2W
02-06-2006, 05:31 PM
EDIT: Here's something for the Ben TD question:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Big_Ben_SB_TD.jpg
Nice picture... Here is a link to the video, I think the ball breaks the goaline...

link: http://www.youtube.com/w/Steelers-TouchDown-%231?v=vqzw3lvmJmk&search=steelers%20seahawks

marksashton
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for coming over and congratulating. I agree some bad calls, but how come you fasil to mention all of the holding calls on Clark Haggins? And on the INT return by the Seahawks, the push in the back block on Ben R.?

No calls are certainly easier to swallow than bad calls.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
ESPN is starting to look like FOX in their "Fair and Unbalanced" bullshit coverage. They are more and more, with shit shows like Cold Pizza and Page 2, leaning toward shock journalism and trying to get ratings by exploiting the emotions of the people who are looking for reasons that their team lost.

Everyone of those freakin' questions in their POLL was bullshit.

Did the ball cross the line for a touchdown, YES!!! Look at it again....and again and again, and everytime you look at it, you will see the ball crossing the front of the line before Ben hits the ground.

Was the PI call in the endzone a legit call.... YES!!! Look at it again.....and again and again, and everytime you look at it, you will see the defender moving backwords from a PUSH........

Could the officating have been better, Yes. Did the calls change the outcome of the game, well, Yes in some cases, as they should!!! That touchdown with the PI call should not have stood, so the officiating team did it's job.......

Why is it so hard for people to get this???

I could go on and on, and I'm going to stop now because I should be enjoying this day. I should not be spending my time trying to defend a win by our Steelers.........

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!

You protest too much. The press coverage seems pretty balanced to me. Clayton basically says that Steelers were the better beam because the Seahawks made more mistakes. The refs cost Seattle about 190 yards in offense and 2 TD's. Seems reasonable to point that out.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
No calls are certainly easier to swallow than bad calls.

You mean like the "no call" on the Polamalu INT that could have easily iced the Indy game for us?

marksashton
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
You mean like the "no call" on the Polamalu INT that could have easily iced the Indy game for us?

The bad reffing in the Colts game kept a solid Steeler win from being a blow out. The bad reffing against Seattle probalby changed the outcome of the game. Big difference.

But, as I have said before, winning is winning. Seattle could have easily overcome the bad reffing if they hadn't screwed up so much. They paid for their mistakes. Big Ben (of two INT's fame) didn't. C'est la vie. (that's French for "such as life" for those of you who didn't go to Carnegie Mellon.

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry, I put my post in the wrong thread...

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 05:46 PM
The two biggest calls (the negated TD and Ben's TD) were correct. We can watch them a hundred times and that was offensive interference and Ben did cross the line, unless you have photoshop, which I'm sure Seattle fans won't have a problem with!

This is not a tainted victory for me. We beat the three best teams in the league and then knocked off a pretty good seattle team.

GO STEELERS!!!!!

Sssshhhhh, stop using logic. :dang:

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Haahaahaa!!! OK, I'll put it back . . .

The two biggest calls (the negated TD and Ben's TD) were correct. We can watch them a hundred times and that was offensive interference and Ben did cross the line, unless you have photoshop, which I'm sure Seattle fans won't have a problem with!

This is not a tainted victory for me. We beat the three best teams in the league and then knocked off a pretty good seattle team.

GO STEELERS!!!!!

Hammer67
02-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Just for the record...

Ben was in for that touchdown. I dont know how people can't see that. The ball crossed the plane when he was airborne, albeit a very small part of the ball, but you could esily see it. Thats a TD, refs got it right.

I totally agree...I just saw multiple slow mo angles of this and it was close but the ball does hit the line.

Lambertfan
02-06-2006, 05:51 PM
I have looked at that video over and over and over and you can see the ball across the line!!!!! We won and that is that.

BlueTalon
02-06-2006, 06:04 PM
seahawks earned my respect last night....i dont think i saw a team play the steelers that tough all year.....if it makes you feel any better i think the seahawks have a much better chance of getting back to the super bowl next year than the steelers because they play iin the nfc.....they would be a fine afc team though....i think the two best teams in football played in the super bowl for sure this year.I went into this game thinking that most Steelers fans were going to be surprised by the level of play by the Seahawks. I'm glad they earned your respect, that actually means something to me. I don't know how many other people came to respect the Seahawks, but in the end it doesn't matter.

The way I see it, we had four major obstacles in the game.
- members of our secondary going out with injuries. Not much you can do about that.
- big plays by the Steelers
- shooting ourselves in the foot with dropped passes and missed FGs
- horrid officiating

It might have been possible to overcome two or three of those obstacles, but not all four.

The Steelers did what they needed to do to win, and the Seahawks didn't. Congrats on the win, guys.

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I went into this game thinking that most Steelers fans were going to be surprised by the level of play by the Seahawks. I'm glad they earned your respect, that actually means something to me. I don't know how many other people came to respect the Seahawks, but in the end it doesn't matter.

I think everyone who saw the game has to respect the Seahawks as a team and an organization. I was most surprised by their defense, which I didn't think would stand a chance against our running game. I can't say I think they would have made the superbowl if they were in the AFC, but I'll look at them differently from now on. Congrats on a great season!

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 06:15 PM
You protest too much. The press coverage seems pretty balanced to me. Clayton basically says that Steelers were the better beam because the Seahawks made more mistakes. The refs cost Seattle about 190 yards in offense and 2 TD's. Seems reasonable to point that out.

You stand corrected. Seattle cost Seattle about 190 yards in offense and 2 TD's. :nana:

ONE FOR THE THUMB...DONE!