PDA

View Full Version : 2010 schedule release

steelerchad
04-17-2010, 06:43 AM
The NFL network is doing a schedule release show Tuesday night much like CBS and ESPN's march madness selection show. I guess they will highlight the Prime time games and the key matchups each week.

With the matchups and location already known it kind of takes some of the luster off of the thing. I always like to go to the opener and I'd rather that game not be one of our tougher rivalry games. We've got some big ones on our schedule this year. Here are the ones I'm looking forward to most. Let me know which games your looking forward to most and if you plan on going to any or all of them.

Pats- Coming to our house once again. Hate the Pats for stealing those 2 AFC title games.

Jets- The return of Santo. This was going to be a good one even without the added storyline. Hope the NFL is smart enough to put this mid October or later so both Ben and Santo will be on the field.

Ravens- Always a classic.

Bengals- Back to reality this year. 3rd place again.

Browns- They got their 1 win against us this decade. Another 2 game sweek for us.

Raiders- Lightning won't strike twice at Heinz field 2 years in a row. Although they have good personnel at most positions besides QB.

Falcons- should be a playoff contender.

Panthers- This may be our easiest home game as I think they'll be lousy this year. But we always seem to play up or down to our competition.

I'm guessing 4 prime time games. Probably 2 home and 2 away. I prefer the regular old 1 pm Sunday games as night or even 4 oclock games make it tough to get home after. Hoping the Pats, Jets, and Ravens are all day games, but at least 2 of them will probably be night games.

GoSlash27
04-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Question: Do tickets go on sale as soon as the schedule is announced?

NEPAsteeler
04-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I think tickets go on sale in June if I'm not mistaken. Don't quote me on that though.

LambertLunatic
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing 4 prime time games.....

Might we not lose some nationally televised games because of Ben's situation? The NFL might decide to keep Ben out of the spotlight instead of bringing added attention to him by showcasing him on tv.

Bones
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Might we not lose some nationally televised games because of Ben's situation? The NFL might decide to keep Ben out of the spotlight instead of bringing added attention to him by showcasing him on tv.

That may just be the best thing in the world for the team. The media attention and distractions are already going to be crazy enough as it is.

steelerchad
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM

I don't know. Wouldn't that even possibly be a ratings boost for the casual fan? For instance, my wife doesn't watch golf, but she watched a few minutes of the Masters just to hope to see him play awful. When she saw he was doing pretty well she was dissapointed.
The Steelers are one of those teams you either love em or hate em. Not much in between. I think alot of other teams NFL fans would tune in to hopefully watch Ben and the Steelers suffer.

Also, I know 5 prime time games is the limit any team can have and we had all 5 last year. I think they take 1 away this year. Maybe even 2, but the Steelers are too big of a draw for them not to have some PT games.

steelerchad
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I think tickets go on sale in June if I'm not mistaken. Don't quote me on that though.

The Steelers are June, but most of the NFL is July.