PDA

View Full Version : Georgia cops learn of 2nd woman who says she was assaulted by Big Ben

Venom
04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
While investigating a college student's claim that she was sexually assaulted by Ben Roethlisberger, Georgia police learned about another woman to whom the star quarterback allegedly exposed himself and became "forceful" with after putting "his hand up [her] skirt," according to police documents.

A drunk Roethlisberger -- who has twice been accused of sexually assaulting women in two other incidents but has never been charged by police -- allegedly refused to let a woman leave his house after she drove him home from a party, according to a police report.

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants," according to the police report, which doesn't say when the incident occurred.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman -- who is in her early 20s and works at a golf course near his off-season home -- to a party at his house.

At the soiree, he invited her to his room, then stuck his hand up her skirt and became angry when she pushed him away, according to the police report.

She "went home and told her father, but her father chose not to pursue the issue," according to the police.

When cops contacted her, the woman refused to be interviewed because she didn't want to get dragged into a high-profile case, according to the records of the sex-assault investigation obtained by the Web site The Smoking Gun.

Cops in Milledgeville, Ga., -- who were investigating a college student's allegations that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger in March at a nightclub -- learned of the woman from a friend of her family's. That friend was a member of the Milledgeville Police Department's Youth Explorer Program.

The new details emerged just days after authorities announced they wouldn't press charges against Roethlisberger because they couldn't prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.

Meanwhile, the cop who interviewed Roethlisberger after the alleged March assault has resigned. Sgt. Jerry Blush, who stepped down Wednesday, acknowledged to investigators that he made derogatory comments about the alleged victim to other cops.

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a different woman who claims the two-time Super Bowl champ raped her in 2008 in Lake Tahoe, a charge he denies. :banging:

As reported by the NY Post

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants,"
now how is that sexual assualt ? i call that chumming...:noidea:

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 10:17 AM
what. the. eff.

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 10:19 AM
She will have to prove this... Also waiting so long after the fact does not help at all either...

desertsteel
04-17-2010, 10:23 AM
She will have to prove this... Also waiting so long after the fact does not help at all either...

Sounds like she's not interested in proving it. Just more classic Pig Ben.

zulater
04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
A drunk Roethlisberger -- who has twice been accused of sexually assaulting women in two other incidents but has never been charged by police -- allegedly refused to let a woman leave his house after she drove him home from a party, according to a police report.

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants," according to the police report, which doesn't say when the incident occurred.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman -- who is in her early 20s and works at a golf course near his off-season home -- to a party at his house.

So let's say the first incident really occured, and then a week later she accepts his invitation to his house and even goes as far as to enter his bedroom?

Uh yeah, sounds like your typical attempted rape to me.

delhess
04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
apparently ben can be aggressive, umm, yeah. everyone gets away with that stuff sometimes, but once you screw up, no one is your friend. just wait there will be more to come.

Godfather
04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Sounds like this one was never interested in pressing charges...a third party told the cops.

This is also less serious than the other allegations--it's creepy and boorish but Ben backed off.

zulater
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM
apparently ben can be aggressive, umm, yeah. everyone gets away with that stuff sometimes, but once you screw up, no one is your friend. just wait there will be more to come.

How 'bout this? The day one of these girls files a criminal complaint and follows it through to the end, you know like take the witness stand in a court of law and actually subject herself to cross examination, then that's the day I'll start listening real hard to what's being said.

If you're criminally wronged you should be able to face a judge, a jury and a hostile cross examination, even if it is somewhat difficult at times .You owe that to yourself and society to prevent future acts of violence towards other potential victims.

But that day hasn't happened yet, so I'm not going to try and convict a man on innuendo and conjecture.

zulater
04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds like this one was never interested in pressing charges...a third party told the cops.

This is also less serious than the other allegations--it's creepy and boorish but Ben backed off.

Or it could be greatly embellished if not made up entirely for all we know. Certainly would explain why she had no interest in talking to the police.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
How 'bout this? The day one of these girls files a criminal complaint and follows it through to the end, you know like take the witness stand in a court of law and actually subject herself to cross examination, then that's the day I'll start listening real hard to what's being said.

This is gonna happen in NV, stay tuned.
Well see how Ben fares.

zulater
04-17-2010, 11:04 AM
This is gonna happen in NV, stay tuned.
Well see how Ben fares.

Actually no, she never filed a criminal complaint. But of course she will have to take the stand if her gambit to garner a check from Ben hasn't produced yet, or she could do a last minute bail?

I'm actually looking foward to that one if it happens. I predict her case will melt down faster than Donavan McNabb in the 4th quarter of a big game. :chuckle:

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 11:12 AM
wait she went to his room and got mad cause he made a move on her. so he pulls his pants down says this in which shes says nothing and then he makes a move and she gets mad. LOL these chicks are ridiculous you dont leave a party and go to guys hotel room and then we makes a move cry sexual assault.

SteelersMongol
04-17-2010, 11:13 AM
WTH? Is Ben sex-machine now? He needs 2 B FIXED before he impregnate bunch of women. :chuckle: Does anybody know a good doc?

plenewken
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
wait she went to his room and got mad cause he made a move on her. so he pulls his pants down says this in which shes says nothing and then he makes a move and she gets mad. LOL these chicks are ridiculous you dont leave a party and go to guys hotel room and then we makes a move cry sexual assault.

Uh, what party are you talking about? McNulty WORKED at the Harrah's as a VIP hostess or something of this nature. and she went to Ben's room because he called her and asked her to have someone check his TV which, he said, didn't work. That's what the lawsuit says.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Uh, what party are you talking about? McNulty WORKED at the Harrah's as a VIP hostess or something of this nature. and she went to Ben's room because he called her and asked her to have someone check his TV which, he said, didn't work. That's what the lawsuit says.

Im taliking about this other chick who sais they met at a soiree and went back to his room which im sure most lady'ds do because thats where all the good conversation happens.

Venom
04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I hope this is a very long punk'd episode:mad:

MACH1
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
now how is that sexual assualt ? i call that chumming...:noidea:

I call it trolling......:fishing:

plenewken
04-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Im taliking about this other chick who sais they met at a soiree and went back to his room which im sure most lady'ds do because thats where all the good conversation happens.

Oh I see. Forgot about that one. There's a new one everyday now so it's tough to keep track. <g>

zulater
04-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh I see. Forgot about that one. There's a new one everyday now so it's tough to keep track. <g>

Like I said before let's see one of these accuser go to the mats with their case before we make pronouncments of guilt. ( or at least I will). When one is willing to file a criminal complaint- go before a judge and jury, raise her right hand, state her case and subject herself to cross examination and redirect thereafter. I'll be paying full attention and will make a judgement on guilt or innocence.

But until that day arrives, absent of charges, I feel compelled to give the man the benifit of the doubt.

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Even though this one sounds like a bunch of BS too...all of the Roethlisberger haters will sure chalk it up as another incident to throw Ben under the bus.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Like I said before let's see one of these accuser go to the mats with their case before we make pronouncments of guilt. ( or at least I will). When one is willing to file a criminal complaint- go before a judge and jury, raise her right hand, state her case and subject herself to cross examination and redirect thereafter. I'll be paying full attention and will make a judgement on guilt or innocence.

But until that day arrives, absent of charges, I feel compelled to give the man the benifit of the doubt.

McNulty is taking Ben to Court and it doesn't matter to me if it's civil or criminal. She'll take the stand, Ben will have to defend himself and the jury will deliver its verdict based on the data presented.

Based on what I've read, heard and seen of him and about him, I consider the man a total idiot perfectly capable of doing what he's been accused of several times.

zulater
04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
McNulty is taking Ben to Court and it doesn't matter to me if it's civil or criminal. She'll take the stand, Ben will have to defend himself and the jury will deliver its verdict based on the data presented.

Based on what I've read, heard and seen of him and about him, I consider the man a total idiot perfectly capable of doing what he's been accused of several times.

Well that settles it, they should jail him immediatly and divide his money among McNulty and the 20 year old in Ga. Case closed. Anybody else you care to convict before I head out the door? Due proccess is entirely overrated.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Well that settles it, they should jail him immediatly and divide his money among McNulty and the 20 year old in Ga. Case closed. Anybody else you care to convict before I head out the door? Due proccess is entirely overrated.

Don't resort to straw man arguments, dude. Doesn't work with me.
Nobody's talking about jailing him immediately. There's no such thing as jail time in a civil verdict and you know it.
I'm talking about him facing a civil jury and win their conviction that he didn't do what he's accused of. There will not be $$$ involved unless he receives a guilty verdict and you know it too.
Now if Ben offers a settlement prior, then yes, it will mean guilty in my book.

zulater
04-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Don't resort to straw man arguments, dude. Doesn't work with me.
Nobody's talking about jailing him immediately. There's no such thing as jail time in a civil verdict and you know it.
I'm talking about him facing a civil jury and win their conviction that he didn't do what he's accused of. There will not be $$$ involved unless he receives a guilty verdict and you know it too.
Now if Ben offers a settlement prior, then yes, it will mean guilty in my book.

Or it could suggest that he needs to get this shit all behind him once and for all. Had this latest situation never arose I have no doubt Ben would have gladly gone to court with McNulty and tore apart her case. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the commish and the Rooney's strongly suggest to Ben that he should avoid a trial if at all possible and that whatever punishment he recieves will already have factored potential settlements in. Remember suspending a player absent of charges or arrest is unprecedented, this could be the best way for all parties to negotiate that hurdle.

WeegiesWarriors
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
You people are nuts. It's becoming obvious we have a serial rapist as the QB of the Steelers and all you want to do is make excuses for him and condemn the women. Just because they aren't proving this criminally in a court of law doesn't mean any of this didn't happen. Nobody ever said the American justice system is fair.

Roethlisberger is no more of a target than a thousand other millionaire athletes. Lebron James is more of a target, but nobody is accusing him of the same thing; and I would have to believe he has sex. At some point you zealots have to get your head out of the sand on this. At the very least we have a sick pervert at QB and that should not be okay. I'll take a decade of losing if we got rid of this creep today.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
You people are nuts. It's becoming obvious we have a serial rapist as the QB of the Steelers and all you want to do is make excuses for him and condemn the women. Just because they aren't proving this criminally in a court of law doesn't mean any of this didn't happen. Nobody ever said the American justice system is fair.

Roethlisberger is no more of a target than a thousand other millionaire athletes. Lebron James is more of a target, but nobody is accusing him of the same thing; and I would have to believe he has sex. At some point you zealots have to get your head out of the sand on this. At the very least we have a sick pervert at QB and that should not be okay. I'll take a decade of losing if we got rid of this creep today.

Show me the proof

zulater
04-17-2010, 01:13 PM

:blah:

I condemn any girl who allows a serial rapist to continue to ply his trade without making every effort to stop them.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:13 PM
how ridiculous is the argument just because you cant prove it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Well you know what you cant prove it did happen.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Or it could suggest that he needs to get this shit all behind him. Had this latest situation never arose I have no doubt Ben would have gladly gone to court with McNulty and tore apart her case. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the commish and the Rooney's strongly suggest to Ben that he should avoid a trial if at all possible and that whatever punishment he recieves will already have factored that conclusion in.

Well, if Ben couldn't convince the League and the Rooney's of his innocence and avoid a sanction, then he will have an even tougher time trying to convince a civil jury.
Too bad Ben, but you reap what you sow.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, if Ben couldn't convince the League and the Rooney's of his innocence and avoid a sanction, then he will have an even tougher time trying to convince a civil jury.
Too bad Ben, but you reap what you sow.

ben is not being disciplined fro guilt or innocent thats been determined already. They are suspending him for the embarassment he caused from sex in a bathroom. The NFL does not prosecute people.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
ben is not being disciplined fro guilt or innocent thats been determined already. They are suspending him for the embarassment he caused from sex in a bathroom. The NFL does not prosecute people.

I know that.
A Civil Court requires much less evidence than a criminal Court to reach a guilty verdict. Being sanctioned by the League and the Steelers is something Miss McNulty lawyers won't forget to use in Civil Court and it's not a positive element for Ben's defense.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I know that.
A Civil Court requires much less evidence than a criminal Court to reach a guilty verdict. Being sanctioned by the League and the Steelers is something Miss McNulty lawyers won't forget to use in Civil Court and it's not a positive element for Ben's defense.

Why hes not being disciplined for sexual assualt which is what she is suing him for.

steelerohio
04-17-2010, 02:50 PM
THis just sounds too ridiculous. If he bothered her the first time, then why accept an invitation to his party and going with him into the bedroom? I'm starting to think that most of the women down in Georgia don't have any sense in their brains...

Steelerfreak58
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM
THis just sounds too ridiculous. If he bothered her the first time, then why accept an invitation to his party and going with him into the bedroom? I'm starting to think that most of the women down in Georgia don't have any sense in their brains...

Buyers remorse. He probably said he would call her the next day and well... you get the rest of the picture...

Ben has just got to be one of the dumbest sons of bitches on the planet.

BlastFurnace
04-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't believe this woman for a second. Good grief, before long someone on this board will claim that Ben assaulted them.

steelerohio
04-17-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't believe this woman for a second. Good grief, before long someone on this board will claim that Ben assaulted them.

Hopefully, they'd have the sense to accuse someone on the Ravens of assaulting them.. :chuckle:

dcsteel5804
04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Yesterday, I was in Pittsburgh, and I saw Ben at a coffee shop. I went in the bathroom and he came in after me. The he..... he.... he exposed his self to me. It was horrible. I was sexually assulted.

There's another story for you guys to post up on this board, have fun.

pete74
04-17-2010, 03:22 PM

this is just insane. i cant belive you think this way and hopefully you will have a daughter or grandaughter and the same thing will happen to her. we will then see how you feel

SteelCityMom
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
this is just insane. i cant belive you think this way and hopefully you will have a daughter or grandaughter and the same thing will happen to her. we will then see how you feel

Well, hopefully if/when (or maybe he already does) he has a daughter she'll have the sense not to go into a room alone with a guy (or even go back to the guys house for a party) after she claims he made unwanted advances and exposed himself to her. Not saying Ben is perfect or anything, but how stupid do you have to be to say that a guy came onto you then whipped his penis out...but you went to a party at his house a week later and were alone in his bedroom with him.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:56 PM

I condemn any girl who allows a serial rapist to continue to ply his trade without making every effort to stop them.

Show me the evidence Ben raped anyone. I'll be waiting......:popcorn:

Thank you. As a straight man, even I have to say that Ben really isn't that good looking. The only reason women would hook up with him is that huge bulge in his pants, and I'm talking about his wallet.

That is the stupidest, most idiot thing I ever heard. I damn well hope someone special in your life NEVER gets raped. I can just see you saying to your daughter.. well, he was 2 and a half times your size, you were scared, but you didn't fight back?

You wh0re.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Its no wonder woman still don't don't push for rapes to be prosecuted with this kind of stupidity still about.

When I have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to fight back and protect herself. And knowing how corrupt and perverted this "judicial" system is, I'd take matters into my own hands that would guarantee justice.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
That is the stupidest, most idiot thing I ever heard. I damn well hope someone special in your life NEVER gets raped. I can just see you saying to your daughter.. well, he was 2 and a half times your size, you were scared, but you didn't fight back?

You wh0re.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Its no wonder woman still don't don't push for rapes to be prosecuted with this kind of stupidity still about.

Pathetic indeed. Ben has some serious competition for the Pittsburgh Darwin Award this year. lol

PhantomJB93
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Im having a hard time seeing Ben with us for the 2010 season, I mean this is really starting to get out of hand and every time a new accusation comes up Im sure Dan Rooney cringes...they're probably on the phone with the Rams as we speak

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 04:30 PM

You wh0re.

Lovely. Just lovely.

I have to agree here.

What I've seen posted on this subject is:

Ben is just being a big dumb drunk idiot. :noidea:

Girls can't go out and get drunk because then they're asking for it, the ****s. :noidea:

Girls need to report everything or else it's their fault. :noidea:

My opinion -

At best - Ben's an immature, (probably alcoholic) mess who's being exploited because of his fame and reputation for being a party animal. The way he showed up for that press conference looking like a dirty skeeze didn't help either - and showed lack of judgement.

At worst, he's a bottom feeding freak who likes dropping trou whenever he feels the urge. I hope that's not the case - but I think speculating on the character of girls who don't want to ruin their lives just so they can expose Ben for being lewd is rediculous.

I'm not going to speculate until all the facts are in - but in general, the attitude that (if any of these accusations are true) these girls are somehow at fault...that's just mind-numbing.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 04:41 PM
When I have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to fight back and protect herself.

You'd better also teach her that if she fears for her life, it is ok to submit. That submission in that situation is NOT agreeing to sex, and that it IS STILL RAPE.

After all, if you are still living, it may take years, but you can overcome rape. You can't overcome death.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
You'd better also teach her that if she fears for her life, it is ok to submit. That submission in that situation is NOT agreeing to sex, and that it IS STILL RAPE.

After all, if you are still living, it may take years, but you can overcome rape. You can't overcome death.

I couldn't agree more. But you forgot to add one little thing: a woman can always run away, scream, etc. Get people's attention.

Some women never overcome rape. To them, death may seem better than living.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
So this girl knows who Ben is (he's actually quite popular)...

She goes into his bedroom (but certainly all she wanted to do was talk)...

Claims he put his hand up her dress and whipped out Ben Junior... Relates this to her FATHER (of all people) who blows it off as no big deal. And then doesn't want any kind of notoriety...

Yeah, I'm buying this...

Preacher
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. But you forgot to add one little thing: a woman can always run away, scream, etc. Get people's attention.

No, a woman can NOT always run away, scream, etc. Sometime they can, sometimes they can't. South Hill Rapist, spokane Wa, would shove his fist so far down the woman's throat, that she couldn't scream or move really, because she was also gagging on the fist. It ALSO opens the jaw so wide that a woman can't get enough muscle leverage to bite down.

And for your latter comment, yeah, you are right sadly. However, I think it is very important for any and every person to know that it IS an option, to not fight back.

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Dude - are you serious?

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
So this girl knows who Ben is (he's actually quite popular)...

She goes into his bedroom (but certainly all she wanted to do was talk)...

Claims he put his hand up her dress and whipped out Ben Junior... Relates this to her FATHER (of all people) who blows it off as no big deal. And then doesn't want any kind of notoriety...

Yeah, I'm buying this...

Oh, I see.

Since that was her first time in the house, she just HAD To know that it was a bedroom they were going to right?

She should have kept absolutely silent about it, that way, you would have believed it right? (the inverse being, any woman who talks about it, is lying).

If she WANTED notoriety, THEN she would be believed?

The mental gymnastics concerning a guy that, if he was wearing a different uniform we would be screaming sexual predator... is getting un-freaken-believable.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh, I see.

Since that was her first time in the house, she just HAD To know that it was a bedroom they were going to right?

She should have kept absolutely silent about it, that way, you would have believed it right? (the inverse being, any woman who talks about it, is lying).

The mental gymnastics concerning a guy that, if he was wearing a different uniform we would be screaming sexual predator... is getting un-freaken-believable.

You visit a lot of people, Rev. I bet you know the difference between the living room of one of your parishioners and their bedroom without having to take the twenty-five cent tour your first time...

I'm not agreeing with Ben... but there are a lot of women out there who see dollar signs and tv time, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get that...

He's a young guy who wants laid...there are MILLIONS of those out there, they just don't all wear #7 and play QB for the Steelers. Let's not blow this out of proportion and make ben out to be some predator.

Ever hear of Shawn Kemp? Dude never wore a rubber and has more kids than Father Abraham that he's paying for today.

I guess my question to you, Padre, is why do you hate Ben so much?

stb_steeler
04-17-2010, 05:10 PM

Might as well....someones gonna get a payday out of this someday, the way this crap is adding up!

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Dude - are you serious?

Deadly serious. You ever hear of shell shock (PTSD)? Soldiers have killed themselves because their minds were gone because of what they saw. Ask a Vietnam Vet or Iraq Vet if you think I'm joking. A woman who was raped goes through shell shock just like a soldier, but not on the same level. Her mind is so damaged from what happened that to her, suicide is the only solution, and in a way, I can't blame her.

Some women are brave enough to run, scream, try to get other people's attention. Some just can't do it and let the person proceed. Notice I said person. Both sexes rape, not just men.

Stone
04-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh, I see.

She is in his house THE FIRST TIME AND GOES TO HIS BEDROOM! (instead of just going by what the media report says, go to where you can read what is actually in the GBI file: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0416101ben1.html)

According to the investigation, he does something sexual to frighten her to the point that she leaves and yet....

she RETURNS AFTER AN INVITE the next week and RETURNS TO HIS BEDROOM or rather "ends up in his bedroom" a second time!

And you don't see anything questionable about her actions or this reporting??? Really?

steelreserve
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow, he now has more sexual assault accusations than Super Bowl rings. If he keeps it up, soon he'll have his "one for the thumb."

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 05:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA The Ny post, Don't believe that shit for a second.....

Preacher
04-17-2010, 06:16 PM
You visit a lot of people, Rev. I bet you know the difference between the living room of one of your parishioners and their bedroom without having to take the twenty-five cent tour your first time...

:chuckle: I have visited some houses where you can stand in one spot and see every room in the house. However, with the home Ben probably has, that isn't true. After all, I have look at some homes which actually have two or even three VERY different family/greatroom/living rooms. It really isn't as easy to tell.

I'm not agreeing with Ben... but there are a lot of women out there who see dollar signs and tv time, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get that...

I absolutely agree with you here. Now, even at THAT level. Ben needs to be much much more careful about how he purports himself, if nothing else, because he has a big red target on his back. That is called responsibility. There are certain professions that just because you are part of that profession, you are a target. Police, sports figures, politicians, clergy, etc. all have to be on their guard 24 hours a day. I know of a pastor that was fired because someone simply SAW HIM SITTING IN THE WRONG PLACE. He was at a hooters WITH HIS FAMILY. The point is, whether he was doing anything wrong or not, it doesn't matter. When you have a position that puts a target on your back, you MUST living according to that target. Too many of us do it every day to be told that you can't do that. Granted, someone like me doesn't have a 50th of the target Ben has on his back. But in my own little community. My every action has to be watched.

He's a young guy who wants laid...there are MILLIONS of those out there, they just don't all wear #7 and play QB for the Steelers. Let's not blow this out of proportion and make ben out to be some predator.

Predatory actions are not the same as just wanting to get laid.

Ever hear of Shawn Kemp? Dude never wore a rubber and has more kids than Father Abraham that he's paying for today.
Yep. I know about him. But the difference is, none of those woman ever accused Kemp of rape.

I guess my question to you, Padre, is why do you hate Ben so much?
Go back to all the gameday posts. I have actually defended Ben quite a bit around here. I thought, and still think, that Ben is one of the top 5 QB's in the league today. Judging on purely on field play, I think that Ben, with one more SB ring, belongs in the HOF, even if he plays for just two more years. Without a third ring, Ben playing at the level he has played the last couple years will put him in the HOF if he plays into his early/mid thirties.

I simply do not ascribe to the belief that if they wear the laundry I root for, they must be innocent no matter the charges. I watched this board IMMEDIATELY attack McNulty after the first (civil) charge, SIMPLY because it was Ben that was being attacked. I watched this board say things that literally equated to, "She is too ugly to be raped by Ben."

Now, that a completely different case has come to light, this board is at it again, finding every little hint at why Ben must be innocent and 4 different woman must be lying.

Then, two other issues come to light, whereby the women didn't even want the case pursued... and THEY are all being smeared as well on this board.

ALL because the guy is wearing laundry we like. Had he been wearing Orange and Black laundry, those same people would be willing to lead the lynching party.

It sickens me. It sickens me that people would put a child's game ahead of life. It sickens me that everytime this happens, women receive the message that they better not come forward... cause by talking about it, they will be labled Slu ts, Wh0res, etc. etc.

It outright disgusts me that Ben continues these actions. Regardless of whether he actually RAPES them or not, the fact that he puts women in positions where they feel this kind of threat is in itself enough for me to truly dislike him as a person.

If he stops these actions. That will also say a lot about his character.

Honestly, I was very pro-Ben until the McNulty issue. Then, I was neutral, waiting to see what all came out. Then, this issue, and 2 others come to light. The statistics just don't bare out Ben's complete innocence in 4 distinct occurrences.

Once is a mistake, twice coincidence, three times a pattern.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Spot on.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Regardless of whether he actually RAPES them or not, the fact that he puts women in positions where they feel this kind of threat is in itself enough for me to truly dislike him as a person.

So, if Ben was a "model citizen" but morphed into Cliff Stoudt next season you'd be fine with that? Sorry, I don't condone what Ben does but to be honest, I really don't care. I'm not into internet soap opera stuff...

He has not been convicted of any crime... Stupid? Yes he is... But he's not a criminal...fine line maybe, but he hasn't broken any laws.

All I care is that when he steps between the white lines he gives his team and his fans everything he has. My wife and I will teach our kids morals, not a quarterback...

He's just a guy who can throw the football and nothing more...

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Deadly serious. You ever hear of shell shock (PTSD)? Soldiers have killed themselves because their minds were gone because of what they saw. Ask a Vietnam Vet or Iraq Vet if you think I'm joking. A woman who was raped goes through shell shock just like a soldier, but not on the same level. Her mind is so damaged from what happened that to her, suicide is the only solution, and in a way, I can't blame her.

Some women are brave enough to run, scream, try to get other people's attention. Some just can't do it and let the person proceed. Notice I said person. Both sexes rape, not just men.

On the first part, duh - although I think it's strange that you went in to a diatribe about women wanting to kill themselves after rape, how obscure. It's a crime that demeans the rape victim, it's a way for a person to control someone else using violence. Most rapists are men - because they are bigger. Many rape victims are men too. That's not the point. If it were easy for a woman to be brave and just run away or yell for help, rape wouldn't be a problem.

Most women are WAY smaller and WAY weaker (physically) than the animals who rape them. There is no way you're sitting here trying to be the authority on bravery when it comes to women who are subdued and sexually assaulted. You are inferring that there are people around to hear all rapes, you are inferring that a woman even has the option of outrunning her attacker, you're assuming that she doesn't have his hand on her mouth or a weapon on her. Most importantly, in a case where the woman is drunk, you infer that because she's drunk - and therefore not capable of getting away, or in a secluded area - that she must somehow want this or she's just a helpless moron who doesn't really want to get away. Your argument is bipolar BS.
I wouldn't even argue this with you, but you clearly aren't the only one here who has these strange and misguided views.
Plus - I think you need to know that I'm arguing your opinion that you (and others, let's be fair) have displayed on this topic - NOT whether Ben is a rapist or not.
I will wait until I know more about it to form an opinion on that. As it is, he looks bad at best. Even if he isn't raping anyone.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
So, if Ben was a "model citizen" but morphed into Cliff Stoudt next season you'd be fine with that? Sorry, I don't condone what Ben does but to be honest, I really don't care. I'm not into internet soap opera stuff...

He has not been convicted of any crime... Stupid? Yes he is... But he's not a criminal...fine line maybe, but he hasn't broken any laws.

All I care is that when he steps between the white lines he gives his team and his fans everything he has. My wife and I will teach our kids morals, not a quarterback...

I agree with your sentiment here completely. I will always cheer for the Steelers, the organization is bigger than any 1 player. Doesn't change the fact that there is information out there that could lead one to believe Ben is less than a "model citizen." Keep in mind, many are not like you and me and truly look up to these athletes.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 07:06 PM
On the first part, duh - although I think it's strange that you went in to a diatribe about women wanting to kill themselves after rape, how obscure. It's a crime that demeans the rape victim, it's a way for a person to control someone else using violence. Most rapists are men - because they are bigger. Many rape victims are men too. That's not the point. If it were easy for a woman to be brave and just run away or yell for help, rape wouldn't be a problem.

Most women are WAY smaller and WAY weaker (physically) than the animals who rape them. There is no way you're sitting here trying to be the authority on bravery when it comes to women who are subdued and sexually assaulted. You are inferring that there are people around to hear all rapes, you are inferring that a woman even has the option of outrunning her attacker, you're assuming that she doesn't have his hand on her mouth or a weapon on her. Most importantly, in a case where the woman is drunk, you infer that because she's drunk - and therefore not capable of getting away, or in a secluded area - that she must somehow want this or she's just a helpless moron who doesn't really want to get away. Your argument is bipolar BS.
I wouldn't even argue this with you, but you clearly aren't the only one here who has these strange and misguided views.
Plus - I think you need to know that I'm arguing your opinion that you (and others, let's be fair) have displayed on this topic - NOT whether Ben is a rapist or not.
I will wait until I know more about it to form an opinion on that. As it is, he looks bad at best. Even if he isn't raping anyone.

Talk about going into a tirade. I was just stating my opinion. No need for you to crucify me over it. From where I stand, given the fact that you think I'm bipolar, which I am not, you think that just because I support Ben means I support rape. First off, I do not, nor have I ever supported it. Is Ben a rapist? Unless he's been charged, I say no. If that in some way upsets you, that's fine.
I do know that most women aren't as strong as men and the attacks happen suddenly and without warning. Yes I'm aware that they happen in secluded places, but the ones that don't, there's no harm in trying to get someone's attention. You never know, someone may be close by. However, I am aware that not every woman can get away. Not everyone will be heard.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 07:11 PM

If Ben is a model citizen, I would be very happy for him and think very highly of him. If he morphed into Cliff Stoudt, I would be very upset at his gameplay. That doesn't say ANYTHING concerning him as a human being.

As for the rest well, see Steelers in CA ... as his response is pretty much exactly what I would have said.

I agree with your sentiment here completely. I will always cheer for the Steelers, the organization is bigger than any 1 player. Doesn't change the fact that there is information out there that could lead one to believe Ben is less than a "model citizen." Keep in mind, many are not like you and me and truly look up to these athletes.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Okay, I am not reading through all this arguing.

I knew this was going to happen. You're going to have people saying that Ben hit on them, sexually assaulted them....and you'll have people claiming such things happened to their friends.

Until someone comes through with a claim that is taken to criminal court and proven, these claims are moot. People can have many reasons to claim that Ben Roethlisberger has had some sort of sexual interaction with them, consensual or not. Maybe they have that deep seeded of a hate for the Steelers or Ben Roethlisberger himself. Maybe they see it as their big payday, especially in this economy. Maybe they are upset that their friend or their sister actually had consensual sex with him.

rick723
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
This one is piling on guys.

HometownGal
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
http://x7f.xanga.com/79982a5571418208471112/z162342801.jpg

beSteelmyheart
04-17-2010, 08:52 PM
I've been scanning through this stuff for quite awhile now & although I'm in no position to judge or defend Ben, I've noticed a trend that kind of disturbs me & it reeks of a double standard.
Without knowing any of these women at all they are quickly judged as ****s or gold diggers, or whatever they have been called because they may or may not have been "stupid" enough to put themselves in a compromising position.
I guess it's NOT okay for single young women to go out & have a good time but it's perfectly okay for a single man who is a public figure, the face of a globally recognized franchise to go out & have a good time.
Both parties could be equally as drunk & stupid but it's the woman who is the ****. But on the other hand, the man is "just trying to get laid."
There is obviously a problem with Ben's behavior & he is the one who sincerely needs to be embarrassed by it before he can change it.
And if he's too arrogant to change it? Ship his ass off to Oakland.:chuckle:

Preacher
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I've been scanning through this stuff for quite awhile now & although I'm in no position to judge or defend Ben, I've noticed a trend that kind of disturbs me & it reeks of a double standard.
Without knowing any of these women at all they are quickly judged as ****s or gold diggers, or whatever they have been called because they may or may not have been "stupid" enough to put themselves in a compromising position.
I guess it's NOT okay for single young women to go out & have a good time but it's perfectly okay for a single man who is a public figure, the face of a globally recognized franchise to go out & have a good time.
Both parties could be equally as drunk & stupid but it's the woman who is the ****. But on the other hand, the man is "just trying to get laid."
There is obviously a problem with Ben's behavior & he is the one who sincerely needs to be embarrassed by it before he can change it.
And if he's too arrogant to change it? Ship his ass off to Oakland.:chuckle:

Shhh. You hater! :chuckle:

Very good post.

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 09:20 PM
But you forgot to add one little thing: a woman can always run away, scream, etc. Get people's attention.

Did you forget what you said? Dude...you can't take that back. That shows a serious lack of understanding of the subject matter. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk - but that is some kind of messed up. I'm a guy - I'm going to assume you are too. You need to know that what you said there is flat wrong. Of course you're entitled to your opinion - but you put it in public and I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. No need to reply - just trying to explain what I meant. this has nothing to do with BB. I've made myself pretty clear on that issue.

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Good god it's like one person makes a ballsy move and everyone else keeps piling on

Stone
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
:

No one is saying it's "NOT okay for single women to go out and have a good time", but they need to take responsibility for themselves as well.† If everyone can berate Ben for using bad judgment, why can't it be said that the accuser used bad judgment, too?

Seriously, you just meet a guy and you are already having a "conversation of a sexual nature" (the D.A's words in his press conference as well as in the statements) because you're wearing an extremely sexually suggestive tag on your shirt which you make sure he knows the meaning of?

You follow him to different bars, hanging out with him, pinching him to get his attention when he turns away (Colon's statement)...when or after how many drinks does her responsibility for her own actions kick in, given that she was not of legal drinking age anyway and knew it!

And don't try and twist my words around as though I'm condoning rape because I am certainly not! We are talking about being responsible for our own actions! We live in a world where no one takes responsibility for their own stupidity anymore - it's always someone else's fault!

zulater
04-18-2010, 02:31 AM
No one is saying it's "NOT okay for single women to go out and have a good time", but they need to take responsibility for themselves as well.† If everyone can berate Ben for using bad judgment, why can't it be said that the accuser used bad judgment, too?

Seriously, you just meet a guy and you are already having a "conversation of a sexual nature" (the D.A's words in his press conference as well as in the statements) because you're wearing an extremely sexually suggestive tag on your shirt which you make sure he knows the meaning of?

You follow him to different bars, hanging out with him, pinching him to get his attention when he turns away (Colon's statement)...when or after how many drinks does her responsibility for her own actions kick in, given that she was not of legal drinking age anyway and knew it!

And don't try and twist my words around as though I'm condoning rape because I am certainly not! We are talking about being responsible for our own actions! We live in a world where no one takes responsibility for their own stupidity anymore - it's always someone else's fault!

:applaudit:

irishman
04-18-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm a huge Bills fan and the best player in their history was found NOT GUILTY of murdering 2 people. Do I believe that or do you??? Of course not, he should burn in hell as far as I'm concerned (plus he was my childhood idol).

Now a few women have come forward against Big Ben and claimed rape. If it was just one then I would give him the benefit of the doubt but there's a PATTERN here whether you like it or not. Eventually he will be convicted of something regarding sexual assult. I always liked Ben but I think he's guilty as sin......there are just too many coincidences.

HometownGal
04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
People - please. No reason for personal attacks here. Calling each other "stupid" to prove your point, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't prove anything.

For the bazillionth time - please attack the post not the poster.

zulater
04-18-2010, 07:49 AM
People - please. No reason for personal attacks here. Calling each other "stupid" to prove your point, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't prove anything.

For the bazillionth time - please attack the post not the poster.

Sorry HTG. But it really bothered me to come home from the races in the wee hours of the morning and find something that I said to be twisted and maligned into something not even remoteley close to what I was saying. :banging:

zulater
04-18-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors

Roethlisberger is no more of a target than a thousand other millionaire athletes. Lebron James is more of a target, but nobody is accusing him of the same thing; and I would have to believe he has sex. At some point you zealots have to get your head out of the sand on this. At the very least we have a sick pervert at QB and that should not be okay. I'll take a decade of losing if we got rid of this creep today..

This post was taken out of context by Preacher and twisted into saying something I would never try to suggest.

Preacher claimed I was saying that a girl who doesn't physically resist an attacking assailant is a ho with the above quote.

So let me clarify so there will be no further misunderstanding. With the above sentence my point was that I feel that a woman who has genuinely been sexually assualted has an obligation to see to it that her attacker pays for his crime by prosecuting to the fullest extent the law will allow, even though it isn't the easiast course of action. By doing so she could possibly stop her attacker from victimizing others in the future.

Sorry HTG. I just don't want people to think what was being said of me was true. :hatsoff:

SMR
04-18-2010, 09:08 AM

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Preacher
04-18-2010, 10:15 AM

This post was taken out of context by Preacher and twisted into saying something I would never try to suggest.

Preacher claimed I was saying that a girl who doesn't physically resist an attacking assailant is a ho with the above quote.

So let me clarify so there will be no further misunderstanding. With the above sentence my point was that I feel that a woman who has genuinely been sexually assualted has an obligation to see to it that her attacker pays for his crime by prosecuting to the fullest extent the law will allow, even though it isn't the easiast course of action. By doing so she could possibly stop her attacker from victimizing others in the future.

Sorry HTG. I just don't want people to think what was being said of me was true. :hatsoff:

When I first read your post, I had no idea that is what you meant.

Thank you for clarifying.

However, the reality is that most women will not/cannot pursue the rapist in a court of law because of the emotional damage done to her. Too many women actually ruin evidence after the rape by "cleansing" themselves, trying to get all vestiges of the guy out of her. I actually remember a campaign at one point asking women not to use feminine hygene products until after they had gone to the Dr.

So I understand what you're saying, but the reality is, that just doesn't happen.

T&B fan
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM

And don't try and twist my words around as though I'm condoning rape because I am certainly not! We are talking about being responsible for our own actions! We live in a world where no one takesanymore - it's always someone else's fault!

:thumbsup: well said ..

now if everyone would take responsibility for their own stupidity . we would have nothing to say here .. but its the way of the world today ,

wdsteel
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM
she's another Raven fan out to sabotage us like the other 2 female Bungal's fans...lol

zulater
04-18-2010, 10:38 AM
When I first read your post, I had no idea that is what you meant.

Thank you for clarifying.

However, the reality is that most women will not/cannot pursue the rapist in a court of law because of the emotional damage done to her. Too many women actually ruin evidence after the rape by "cleansing" themselves, trying to get all vestiges of the guy out of her. I actually remember a campaign at one point asking women not to use feminine hygene products until after they had gone to the Dr.

So I understand what you're saying, but the reality is, that just doesn't happen.

I understand all of what you're saying, and trust me I understand how emotionally conflicted a victim of sexual assault could be, well at least as much as anyone could understand such a thing without it actually experiencing it firsthand. I still think I'd try to implore on a victim that the emotional toll could be higher long term if they allow their attacker to skate free. Particuarly if it were to turn out that your attacker victimized other girls in the future, perhaps even more brutally ( escalation is generally a symptom of the true sociopath) As I said before the right thing to do isn't always the easiast thing to do, but it's always the best thing to do, and will generally bear fruit over time.

But regardless I really do think not pursuing the case farther fairly raises some red flags over the veracity of her account of the story.

I'm not stating she's a liar, but if she was truly sexually assualted I honestly wish she would have saw it through to the end, or at least have gone as far as the DA would allow it, and not bail when she did.

If Ben truly is guilty of deviant criminal behaviour I want him to be exposed by one of his accusers in an open court with criminal consequenses in the balance.

millwalldavey
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
I've been gone from the board for almost a year... personal stuff... and when this stuff started coming up I just got disgusted with even following any of the chatter from any source.

I'm not going to say anything new here probably than anyone else is saying, nor do I claim to offer anything new. I just wanna get my thoughts out on this matter. It may be cathartic.

After the first one, I felt it was all about $$$. The second one threw up a red flag for me. Now more allegations? Pop always said, "_____ me once shame on you, _____ me twice shame on me" Thats how I feel right now.

I know everything seems circumstantial, there may or may not be proof, people are not talking. In my opinion, there are a HELL of a lot more of these women out there.

plenewken
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
If Ben truly is guilty of deviant criminal behaviour I want him to be exposed by one of his accusers in an open court with criminal consequenses in the balance.

Me too and I'll also be perfectly fine with him exposing his accusers (2 so far) in an open court with civil consequences in the balance if he believes he's completely innocent.

But I'm pretty sure it won't happen. Here is his statement from last week. Doesn't look like a statement made by an innocent person to me.

“..........................

I’m truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, the Rooneys and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege, and much is expected of me as the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust. And I’m committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.

...................."

steeldawg
04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Me too and I'll also be perfectly fine with him exposing his accusers (2 so far) in an open court with civil consequences in the balance if he believes he's completely innocent.

But I'm pretty sure it won't happen. Here is his statement from last week. Doesn't look like a statement made by an innocent person to me.

ď..........................

Iím truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, the Rooneys and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege, and much is expected of me as the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust. And Iím committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.

...................."

This was obviosly prepared by the team for him to read. And besides you left out the part where he said the choice by the DA to not press charges was without a doubt the correct decision. that sounds to me like hes saying i didnt do anything wrong and im glad you saw it that way. And what you make of the DA's comments we dont prosecute morals we prosecute crimes. Soounds pretty strong to me that even the DA whos job is to prosecute criminals and who knows the facts of the case believed there was no crime commited.

plenewken
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
This was obviosly prepared by the team for him to read. And besides you left out the part where he said the choice by the DA to not press charges was without a doubt the correct decision. that sounds to me like hes saying i didnt do anything wrong and im glad you saw it that way. And what you make of the DA's comments we dont prosecute morals we prosecute crimes. Soounds pretty strong to me that even the DA whos job is to prosecute criminals and who knows the facts of the case believed there was no crime commited.

Based on the lack of evidence, of course it was the correct decision not to prosecute him and of course Ben had to point it out. I didn't feel necessary to include it.

But like me and many other have said before, not guilty of a crime because of lack of evidence doesn't mean innocent.

I challenge Ben to put his money where his mouth is and establish his complete innocence and clear his name in a civil court, against the 2 female accusers. I'm not holding my breath this will ever happen.

I also challenge Ben to schedule a press conference and answer questions from the audience, similar to what Tiger Woods did at the Masters. I'm not holding my breath this will ever happen either.

Until this happens, my opinion is that Ben is a boorish @sshole.

As a justification, I'll say that 8 months ago, Ben declared that "It will not happen again". Guess what? It happened again.

Preacher
04-18-2010, 12:13 PM
I understand all of what you're saying, and trust me I understand how emotionally conflicted a victim of sexual assault could be, well at least as much as anyone could understand such a thing without it actually experiencing it firsthand. I still think I'd try to implore on a victim that the emotional toll could be higher long term if they allow their attacker to skate free. Particuarly if it were to turn out that your attacker victimized other girls in the future, perhaps even more brutally ( escalation is generally a symptom of the true sociopath) As I said before the right thing to do isn't always the easiast thing to do, but it's always the best thing to do, and will generally bear fruit over time.
And if and when I come across that type of situation, that is the exact thing I do as well. The problem is, it is very difficult to "prove" rape if it is not a violent rape and there are no witnesses. The attacker just has to use a condom, or pull out before ejaculation, and it becomes much much more difficult (actually, I think that probably is what Ben did.... not saying he raped her, but that he pulled out. I still think he just doesn't get it. I think he is a completely slimy and overbearing, not a rapist).

On top of that, when a woman does get on the witness stand, many of them feel like they are raped again by the cross examination. Thus, they don't want to go through with it.

But regardless I really do think not pursuing the case farther fairly raises some red flags over the veracity of her account of the story.
I'm not stating she's a liar, but if she was truly sexually assualted I honestly wish she would have saw it through to the end, or at least have gone as far as the DA would allow it, and not bail when she did.

I honestly don't think so. Many women just want the entire thing to go away. They are ashamed and disgusted with themselves, even though it is the rapist's actions that are shameful and disgusting. That is why her not prosecuting doesn't bare one way or the other concerning the veracity of her story.

Absolutely. And I am glad you think that way. There are a few here that I think really don't care, as long as they keep making TD's.

To tie this entire thing together, I hope Ben gets a 4 game suspension, maybe more. Reason being, It is my hope and belief that he just doesn't "get it" concerning his actions, how they are viewed by others, and the consequences that come with them. I hope this time, with enough consequences, he sees the light and stops putting himself in bad situations.

I would be THRILLED if this is the last time we ever hear of this from him.

steeldawg
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
And if and when I come across that type of situation, that is the exact thing I do as well. The problem is, it is very difficult to "prove" rape if it is not a violent rape and there are no witnesses. The attacker just has to use a condom, or pull out before ejaculation, and it becomes much much more difficult (actually, I think that probably is what Ben did.... not saying he raped her, but that he pulled out. I still think he just doesn't get it. I think he is a completely slimy and overbearing, not a rapist).

On top of that, when a woman does get on the witness stand, many of them feel like they are raped again by the cross examination. Thus, they don't want to go through with it.

I honestly don't think so. Many women just want the entire thing to go away. They are ashamed and disgusted with themselves, even though it is the rapist's actions that are shameful and disgusting. That is why her not prosecuting doesn't bare one way or the other concerning the veracity of her story.

Absolutely. And I am glad you think that way. There are a few here that I think really don't care, as long as they keep making TD's.

To tie this entire thing together, I hope Ben gets a 4 game suspension, maybe more. Reason being, It is my hope and belief that he just doesn't "get it" concerning his actions, how they are viewed by others, and the consequences that come with them. I hope this time, with enough consequences, he sees the light and stops putting himself in bad situations.

I would be THRILLED if this is the last time we ever hear of this from him.

in the staement from the forensic person they said they only need a nanogram of dna to get a positive id and there wasnt even that. they put it like this a raisen is a gram if you were to cut that into a thousand pieces you one of those pieces would be a nanogram they didnt even have that.did he pull out maybe but even if he did , there should of been enough evidence if he put a condom on it was never mention by the accuser. which is not suprising because she couldnt even remember if she had sex or not.

OneForTheToe
04-18-2010, 02:47 PM

I think we should hopefully to never see the words Ben and exposed in the same sentence ever again. :reading::paperbag::crazy02:

stillers4me
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
And I don't ever want to talk about Ben's sex life ever again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-18-2010, 03:19 PM

:applaudit: Well said!!!!

As a long time Steeler fan, I still like Ben as a QB and hope he can put this behind him and clean up his act for good. But, I can still separate the difference between Sports and life.

As a QB, Ben is top 5 in the game and I'm happy he is a Steeler. As a person off the field, its looking like he sloppy, drunken, trailer trash, that likes pro wrestling and forcing himself on women. The cool thing is that I dont have to see him off the field.

steeldawg
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Based on the lack of evidence, of course it was the correct decision not to prosecute him and of course Ben had to point it out. I didn't feel necessary to include it.

But like me and many other have said before, not guilty of a crime because of lack of evidence doesn't mean innocent.

I challenge Ben to put his money where his mouth is and establish his complete innocence and clear his name in a civil court, against the 2 female accusers. I'm not holding my breath this will ever happen.

I also challenge Ben to schedule a press conference and answer questions from the audience, similar to what Tiger Woods did at the Masters. I'm not holding my breath this will ever happen either.

Until this happens, my opinion is that Ben is a boorish @sshole.

As a justification, I'll say that 8 months ago, Ben declared that "It will not happen again". Guess what? It happened again.

well you do realize he is counter suing the girl in nevada so no need to hold your breathethats already happened

Steelercrazy
04-18-2010, 07:34 PM
If someone invites you into their bedroom they wouldn't be inviting you in there for a Bible Study.....the girl should have never gone in his room in the first place. This whole thing is just DUMB!! I don't even know what to say about it.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I mean at this point..... does it even matter? These women have been shown that if they make these accusations, they will be glorified and given the spotlight without repercussions. There needs to be something done to keep all these crazy women from making false allegations.

Steelercrazy
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, I think Ben has to be the one to do something about it. HE has to be the smart one.......although it may be too late for that. Stay out of trouble!!! How hard is it? I don't get how players put themselves in this position.

It fills up the sports news.

Can you imagine this same behavior back in the 70's or 80's. It would have never happened like this. Maybe infrequently, but not every team having multiple players that have issues with the law.

All this money makes the players ****y.......they're gonna run their own show and don't care who it affects. Sigh..................................

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, I think Ben has to be the one to do something about it. HE has to be the smart one.......although it may be too late for that. Stay out of trouble!!! How hard is it? I don't get how players put themselves in this position.

It fills up the sports news.

Can you imagine this same behavior back in the 70's or 80's. It would have never happened like this. Maybe infrequently, but not every team having multiple players that have issues with the law.

All this money makes the players ****y.......they're gonna run their own show and don't care who it affects. Sigh..................................

Actually, this was probably more common in the 70s. However, most players didn't have multi-million dollar contracts and women didn't try to leech money off of them. You can't tell me someone like Frenchy Fuqua or Joe Greene didn't have plenty of one-night stands.