PDA

View Full Version : Short cartoon my brother made

SteelersMongol
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey guys. OK, right now V as the Steelers fans R not really having the best time of our lives thanks 2 Ben, Holmes, & who else. So I want U 2 pay your attention 2 something else. :wink02:

Do U guys remember my youngest brother who has done "The Steelers Mongols" pic he did few years ago before V got the 5th ring? He's finishing up with his school & this is something he had been working on 4 the last few months.

He hates it, but considering how little time he had on his hand & how little help he had I think it turned out pretty good. :thumbsup: He had 2 trim it down so much, that he ended up hating the whole thing after he finished it. :chuckle:

& guys, if U like it please leave him a comment. I would really appreciate it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ji8XcpJIezY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ji8XcpJIezY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Vincent
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
It won't accept my comments, so please pass along...

Its a great story and a powerful message. Very well presented. The graphics are well done. No need to apologize for the sound, it works. My only critique is the gaps between sequences, but there might be an explanation for those.

Well done!!

And thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed it. Especially in 720.

:applaudit: :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
very good and professionally done. its amazing with the layers, depth, and 3-d effects they can do in cartoons these days.

i liked the local (mongolian i presume) music in the background, too. it reminded me of some tibetan monk music ive heard.

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Very good and well done.... He should consider making money off of his talent...

Vincent
04-17-2010, 01:12 PM
He should consider making money off of his talent...

Right away with the "make money". Capitalist pig.

:couch:

:chuckle: :wave:

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Mongol - this is good stuff. Tell your brother (he already knows this) to finish it! it's so close. I know what it's like to put so much into a project and not realize how close you are to finishing and then sort of letting it go. It's too close to give up now.
A few things:

He needs to hand-letter that title and the end credits. The difference between pre-made fonts and hand lettering is HUGE and worth it.
The wolf fight scenes need to be longer and have closure before entering the next scene.
The foley (sound effects in the background) is good (footsteps in snow, ambient music) but noise levels need to be adjusted and textured a bit more. Just details, but I'm sure he knows this.
The beginning could be shorter. The wolf stuff is the meat - and it's more captivating.

These are just some opinions, - hope he finishes this. Was this a solo project?
Is he moving on to more school or trying to get a job?

Polamalu Princess
04-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Nice job!! It looks great!

sherlock
04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Very impressive Mongol and congrats to your brother.
I don`t know why but I was particularly struck by the moment when the man cleared the snow when he sat down....it showed great attention to detail.
Did I miss something,but why did the wolves leave first time around when they smelt the air?
Does your brother hope to make a living out of animation......I`m sure he can.

Galax Steeler
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Wow great job he needs to persue that as a career.

SMR
04-18-2010, 08:00 AM
WOW!!!! I was drawn into the video from BEGINNING to END!! That is exactly what a great video is supposed to do! I don't see how your brother could be an "amateur" cuz this is practically professional work!

:jawdrop:

MasterOfPuppets
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
very nice work ... could he draw a steeler jersey on the guy with the sword ? :thumbsup:

stillers4me
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Amazing! He is very talented!

SteelersMongol
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys. I'll tell him what U guys've said word by word. :thumbsup:

very nice work ... could he draw a steeler jersey on the guy with the sword ? :thumbsup:

I'll ask him. :wink02:

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Did I miss something,but why did the wolves leave first time around when they smelt the air?

I had this same question. :noidea:

WOW - your brother definitely has some keen talent! :applaudit: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: I really enjoyed it and hope he continues on with creating animations - he's a natural! :applaudit:

Indo
04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Fantastic!

I agree with all of the comments here

Agree that the "Wolf Story" is more important than the beginning part
Develope that a little more---

Why is the guy walking alone in the woods?
(love the sound of the snow underfoot)

Why do the wolves leave? And why do they return? (I know, that's not really the story being told. But I, personally, am curious)

Love the music

Love that it's gory, but not too gory

All in all, a phenomenal effort. Keep it up!

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys. I'll tell him what U guys've said word by word. :thumbsup:

I'll ask him. :wink02:

and put patriot jersey on the wolves....:thumbsup: