PDA

View Full Version : Punishing the Innocent?

Hayeksheroes
04-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I think that it is ridiculous for Steelers Fans and the NFL to want to punish Big Ben for something he didn't do. We are a country where you are innocent until proven guilty, are we not?

Some will say that Ben puts himself into such situations. What does that mean? If you happen to be in a bank that gets robbed two times, should you be punished for going to the bank?

If you are involved in two car accidents that are not your fault, should you be held liable because you were in the driver's seat.

I have a hard time comprehending what the justification is to punish someone just because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Should we not have sympathy for him?

Or are we being told that because Big Ben is a big star that he is really guilty of sexual assault, but because he is rich and a celebrity he does not get charged; therefore he must be punished by the kangaroo court of the NFL.

Some sanity needs to be brought to the NFL. These are All American players, the best of the best. They should be treated equally under the law. Instead, Goodell and the NFL owners treat their players like 3rd world peasants when it comes to conduct issues.

Since that is the case, shouldn't 16 teams be lining up woman candidates to sink Big Ben's ship each week? It might be a plan. But I hear the girls are pretty ugly in Cleveland.

ricksteelers55
04-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Good thing you feel that way because punishment might come from the employer...Steelers organization,not NFL or steelers fans

It's not about is he guilty or innocent...it's about personnal conduct when you're a rolemodel for young kids.I'm all for a suspension I would even consider trading the guy if the return is interesting.

Call me crazy but IMO,all the people that ''accept'' personnal misconduct'' from good players are people that are fans with wins more than the team.Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

For me Ben is strike 2.....he better not get another one,because not only would his trade value be absolutely nothing but he'd be gone for good.

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....:chuckle:

Hayeksheroes
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=ricksteelers55;802769]Good thing you feel that way because punishment might come from the employer...Steelers organization,not NFL or steelers fans

It's not about is he guilty or innocent...it's about personnal conduct when you're a rolemodel for young kids.I'm all for a suspension I would even consider trading the guy if the return is interesting.

Like Tom Brady dumping his pregnant girlfriend for Giselle. Or Romanski admitting that he broke players fingers on the bottom of the pile?

yes, the league needs to crack down personal conduct. Or does this just apply to drunk skanks that throw themselves at NFL players and then cry wolf?

Has our country become femininitized, or what?

Ricco Suavez
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=ricksteelers55;802769].Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

All good if we choose to be selective in memory, but our organization has had numerous instances of players who were not the finest of the NFL, including some who were actually charged with wrong doings and documented acts of stupidity. I can go and find accounts of these and post in a another thread if everyone would like, I promise it will not be as short of list as we would like to think. We have a storied team history but we are not clean of all wrongdoing, we may not be the Bengals, but we are not all angels either.

If the Steelers as employers want to send a message to Ben that he is going to have to use better judgment than so be it. But if they trot out the line that the Steelers have not and will not tolerate this kind of behavior than they too are hypocrites. Ben may very well be a sexual predator, I cannot honestly make that charge based on what has happened, but if he is, he will not change and eventually it will come out and he will be convicted. Then and only then will I abandon him.

SteveS
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
For me Ben is strike 2.....he better not get another one,because not only would his trade value be absolutely nothing but he'd be gone for good.

What is strike 1? ANyone who has any sense at all knows that NcNutty's accusation holds no steam. So it can't be that one. It surely can't the motorcycle accident that wasn't his fault and the other driver was cited.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....:chuckle:

You're a little late there.....that's been going on for a lot longer :chuckle:

Prok
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=ricksteelers55;802769].Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

All good if we choose to be selective in memory, but our organization has had numerous instances of players who were not the finest of the NFL, including some who were actually charged with wrong doings and documented acts of stupidity. I can go and find accounts of these and post in a another thread if everyone would like, I promise it will not be as short of list as we would like to think. We have a storied team history but we are not clean of all wrongdoing, we may not be the Bengals, but we are not all angels either.

If the Steelers as employers want to send a message to Ben that he is going to have to use better judgment than so be it. But if they trot out the line that the Steelers have not and will not tolerate this kind of behavior than they too are hypocrites. Ben may very well be a sexual predator, I cannot honestly make that charge based on what has happened, but if he is, he will not change and eventually it will come out and he will be convicted. Then and only then will I abandon him.

Excellent post. :tt:

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:46 PM

How is he a criminal? Has be been charged with any crime? HAS HE? Well guess what, Ben IS innocent and I'm sticking by the man because sure he likes women, but when he's actually charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one, then I may chance my opinion. Yes Ben is an A-hole, but I can guarantee he's not the only one on the Steelers. I can't speak for the everyone else here, but personally, I'd rather win games and Super Bowls with A-holes that know how to win, than lose games with perfect gentlemen who put reputation ahead of victory.

SteveS
04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Ricco Suavez;802812]

How is he a criminal? Has be been charged with any crime? HAS HE? Well guess what, Ben IS innocent and I'm sticking by the man because sure he likes women, but when he's actually charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one, then I may chance my opinion. Yes Ben is an A-hole, but I can guarantee he's not the only one on the Steelers. I can't speak for the everyone else here, but personally, I'd rather win games and Super Bowls with A-holes that know how to win, than lose games with perfect gentlemen who put reputation ahead of victory.

WHat does him potentially being an A-hole have to do, even remotely, with what happened that night? The only possible scenerio that would make him an a-hole there isn't enough evidence to prove.

Some of the reports that he is ungracious to fans sometimes, IMHO, doesn't hold tons of steam, because I have also heard lots of stories about him being a very polite and courteous guy in other instances. I have also heard he will stand around and sign autographs for hours at training camp as long as people don't get too out of hand. I have no problem with that at all.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=SteelersBry79;802866]

WHat does him potentially being an A-hole have to do, even remotely, with what happened that night? The only possible scenerio that would make him an a-hole there isn't enough evidence to prove.

Some of the reports that he is ungracious to fans sometimes, IMHO, doesn't hold tons of steam, because I have also heard lots of stories about him being a very polite and courteous guy in other instances. I have also heard he will stand around and sign autographs for hours at training camp as long as people don't get too out of hand. I have no problem with that at all.

I've heard more negative stories about Ben than good ones, and a couple came from a person I know that knows him personally. As for the events of the night in question, I'm not saying he became an A-hole that night or right after it. He's been an A-hole ever since his SB XL win. I'm not saying I have anything against him being an A-hole, but he's not the only one on the team.

Need4Sweed
04-17-2010, 04:20 PM

Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive swift and due punishment.

wiz1120
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive his just due.

Unless you were there on both occasions, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hayeksheroes
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive swift and due punishment.

Do you have the facts in the case? No. So how can you say that he used poor judgement?

Preacher
04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you have the facts in the case? No. So how can you say that he used poor judgment?

When he puts himself in a place that the state police must investigate him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that a woman can sue him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another woman feels like she was at the least put in a very uncomfortable sexual situation in Georgia, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another family uses a private investigator to find out facts in Nevada, he uses poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that he is within seconds of losing his life simply by not using a motorcycle helmet, he uses poor judgment.

When he alienates the only other Pittsburgh QB that could ever understand what Ben may go through once the fans turn on him, he uses poor judgment.

We are not in a court room. I am not talking about whether he is guilty or innocent. I am talking about personal responsibility for making sure he personally makes sure he doesn't put himself in these situations.

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days.

stb_steeler
04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Some times using poor judgment maybe a cry out for help. but then again Ben may think he's all that. Only he knows what goes on in his head, tho he does appear to have it up his arse at times.

wootawnee
04-17-2010, 11:56 PM
One of these days, a suspended player in a case like Ben's, is going to hire Johnny Cochran and suethe pants of of the NFL for civil rights violations..........Roger Goodell is getting too much power.....We need a board of ex players to decide actions such as suspentions...........It has to evolve into this, for the integrity of the game.........Some retired guys gotta step up with the Players Union.......This could be another reason to strike.......

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
This whole Ben incident reminds me of O.J. Simpson.............that guy was persecuted by the Goldman family without mercy and he was found innocent. So, in the eyes of the law...he didn't kill Ron and Nicole.

Ben should be left alone like O.J. should have, because neither were convicted. :rulez:

fansince'76
04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
One of these days, a suspended player in a case like Ben's, is going to hire Johnny Cochran and suethe pants of of the NFL for civil rights violations..........Roger Goodell is getting too much power.....We need a board of ex players to decide actions such as suspentions...........It has to evolve into this, for the integrity of the game.........Some retired guys gotta step up with the Players Union.......This could be another reason to strike.......

Uh, Cochran's been dead for over 5 years.

MaidenIndiana
04-18-2010, 12:39 AM
O J might have been found innocent, but I'm still not going to invite him over to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. Better safe than sorry

steelreserve
04-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Uh, Cochran's been dead for over 5 years.

Yeah, but I'd be even more afraid if I got sued by Zombie Johnnie Cochran. He's got a point.

steeldawg
04-18-2010, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE=SteveS;802869]

I've heard more negative stories about Ben than good ones, and a couple came from a person I know that knows him personally. As for the events of the night in question, I'm not saying he became an A-hole that night or right after it. He's been an A-hole ever since his SB XL win. I'm not saying I have anything against him being an A-hole, but he's not the only one on the team.

Well ive heard more positive stories than negative so there!

Rick5895
04-18-2010, 04:49 AM
When he puts himself in a place that the state police must investigate him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that a woman can sue him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another woman feels like she was at the least put in a very uncomfortable sexual situation in Georgia, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another family uses a private investigator to find out facts in Nevada, he uses poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that he is within seconds of losing his life simply by not using a motorcycle helmet, he uses poor judgment.

When he alienates the only other Pittsburgh QB that could ever understand what Ben may go through once the fans turn on him, he uses poor judgment.

We are not in a court room. I am not talking about whether he is guilty or innocent. I am talking about personal responsibility for making sure he personally makes sure he doesn't put himself in these situations.

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days.

Absolutely, he has now made himself a target , not only for women who see a pot at the end of the rainbow, but also for police. If the idiotic decision made by Ben keep up, HE WILL end up in jail, guilty or not!!

WH
04-18-2010, 07:30 AM

According to some horrible people in that culture, it's the woman's fault if she gets raped. and she would be considered a ***** for the rest of her life.

Stone
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com National Columnist weighs in on the debate:

Goodell's conduct policy veering from mostly right to all wrong

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13243927/goodells-conduct-policy-veering-from-mostly-right-to-all-wrong

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
O J might have been found innocent, but I'm still not going to invite him over to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. Better safe than sorry

Even he got investigated and put to trial though. Ben's never even been charged for ANYTHING!

JSH6487
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com National Columnist weighs in on the debate:

Goodell's conduct policy veering from mostly right to all wrong

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13243927/goodells-conduct-policy-veering-from-mostly-right-to-all-wrong

This was a fantastic article and I suggest everyone read it. The writer even admits he strongly dislikes Ben, but still has enough brains to realize that all the heat Ben is getting from the Commissioner and the Steelers is ridiculous based on purely allegations.

From the article...
"To understand how strongly I feel about this position, you have to understand how strongly I dislike Ben Roethlisberger. He's a serial idiot -- a stupid, ****y caricature of the modern-day athlete. Teammates don't like him. I can't stand him. I tolerate his existence by ignoring him whenever possible, but I can't ignore what Goodell is about to do -- not merely to Roethlisberger, but to my idea of justice. Suspending a player for one or two incidents that didn't merit a single criminal charge is an injustice."

Makes me that more sick at our own fans and a lot of people on this board who want Roethlisberger suspended and ran out of town...when someone like Doyel who pretty much hates Ben atleast knows that "to suspend a player for one or two incidents that didn't merit a single criminal charge is an injustice."

whatdoiknow
04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
All of you arguing for Ben,,,give it up. The people on the other side of the fence are never going to agree with you, or me. This is NOT just about the " Moral conduct " rule. This is about the Rooney's, and Goodell practicing " CONSISTENCY " And neither are. And that fact CANNOT in any way be argued with.

I mean to do the things that Ben is being accused of, and being accused as a sociopath by alot of people, including the entire panel on ESPN The Sports reporters,,I mean don't you think this type of thing would have manifested itself long long ago ? And yet there has NEVER been a single Incident at Miami Ohio. And for the first 5 years of his career as a Steeler, there was never a single Incident of what they now claim is his Personal Behaivial conduct. Bottom line is Ben will be punished. And the league, and the Rooney's WILL look like complete Hypocrites.

And none of that can be disagreed with or even remotely argued with.

MasterOfPuppets
04-18-2010, 08:38 PM

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days. the above results prove absolutely nothing other than PA should have already had helmet laws in place, and anyone can accuse anybody of anything, and if your news worthy enough, the media will pounce all over it. wasn't bettis accussed of rape only to find out it was nothing but a fabricated cash grab ? why would i believe these people anymore than the thousands of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, or saw bigfoot , or the lochness monster ? you act like since there's more than 1 incident it MUST be true, so i guess you believe in aliens , bigfeets, etc ? ... why are these women anymore credible than the police officer / bodyguards ?.... judge not....:popcorn:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-18-2010, 08:39 PM
:coffee:Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....:chuckle:

Stone
04-18-2010, 09:41 PM

Even if it is delicious Thanksgiving turkey that tastes like crow? :chuckle:

vasteeler
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM

:doh: You and i are never going to agree on this :drink: i respect your opinion though

Steel_12
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Whine and cry all you want to...the precedence has been set. There is no need to even talk about this anymore. He should be suspended.

Steelrule
04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I think that it is ridiculous for Steelers Fans and the NFL to want to punish Big Ben for something he didn't do. We are a country where you are innocent until proven guilty, are we not?

Some will say that Ben puts himself into such situations. What does that mean? If you happen to be in a bank that gets robbed two times, should you be punished for going to the bank?

If you are involved in two car accidents that are not your fault, should you be held liable because you were in the driver's seat.

I have a hard time comprehending what the justification is to punish someone just because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Should we not have sympathy for him?

Or are we being told that because Big Ben is a big star that he is really guilty of sexual assault, but because he is rich and a celebrity he does not get charged; therefore he must be punished by the kangaroo court of the NFL.

Some sanity needs to be brought to the NFL. These are All American players, the best of the best. They should be treated equally under the law. Instead, Goodell and the NFL owners treat their players like 3rd world peasants when it comes to conduct issues.

Since that is the case, shouldn't 16 teams be lining up woman candidates to sink Big Ben's ship each week? It might be a plan. But I hear the girls are pretty ugly in Cleveland.

A completely idiotic rant. Deciding not to press charges does not make one innocent. You can't tell me that this pattern of behavior does not merit some form of punishment for the embarrassment it has brought the organization and the city of Pittsburgh. I would like to think that having respect for yourself, your team, your city, and most importantly, women, would be more important than winning a game! Even if that game is the Super Bowl.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
A completely idiotic rant. Deciding not to press charges does not make one innocent. You can't tell me that this pattern of behavior does not merit some form of punishment for the embarrassment it has brought the organization and the city of Pittsburgh. I would like to think that having respect for yourself, your team, your city, and most importantly, women, would be more important than winning a game! Even if that game is the Super Bowl.

Well it certainly doesnt prove guilty. And really i have been a steelers fan all my life and this incident has not really affected my life at all and as far as i know the city of pittsburgh is still functioning.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM

What " PATTERN " of Behavior are you talking about ? Ben was at a CHARITY Golf event that first time. He was NOT out drinking, or even drunk in the slightest.
He was in his OWN Hotel room. And this according to the story,,,and we now know it is a BS Story by the woman herself. So how EXACTLY my mentally retarded friend is THAT A PATTERN of Bad behavior ?

I think you need to garnish some facts my delusional friend.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM

I couldn't agree more!

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:01 PM

And if I went to the cops and media right now and said Roethlisberger assaulted me even though completely false...you would chalk it up as another incident wouldn't you?

Again, the first chick has already been proven to be full of it. Went around bragging to all of her friends and saying she hoped Ben impregnated her. And now this next incident sounds really shaky if you actually study up on it instead of just listening to what the media tells you. And hell, even the motorcycle accident wasn't even his fault.

Roethlisberger is just being crucified for living his life and being unlucky enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
And if I went to the cops and media right now and said Roethlisberger assaulted me even though completely false...you would chalk it up as another incident wouldn't you?

Again, the first chick has already been proven to be full of it. Went around bragging to all of her friends and saying she hoped Ben impregnated her. And now this next incident sounds really shaky if you actually study up on it instead of just listening to what the media tells you. And hell, even the motorcycle accident wasn't even his fault.

Roethlisberger is just being scrutinized for living his life and being unlucky enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not wearing a helmet while driving a motorized vehicle wasn't Ben's fault? Whose was it? His mommy's?

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Not wearing a helmet while driving a motorized vehicle wasn't Ben's fault? Whose was it? His mommy's?

I'm pretty sure in PA it's not against the law to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. And the actual accident that took place was not his fault.

Thank you, try again. You look more and more like a clown with each post you make.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure in PA it's not against the law to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. And the actual accident that took place was not his fault.

Thank you, try again. You look more and more like a clown with each post you make.

Racism and rape don't exist in your world. They are merely imagined. Your opinion means nothing to me.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Not wearing a helmet in Pittsburgh was not against the Law. But it was stupid. That much I will agree with Lambert on. But his takes on Ben are totally clueless as it goes to this recent Georgia thing. And anyone saying Ben has a record of putting himself into bad situations is also clueless.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Racism and rape don't exist in your world. They are merely imagined. Your opinion means nothing to me.

And a half retarded liberal with a clear agenda against Ben...your opinions mean absolutely nothing to me...don't even bother responding to any more of my posts with your clouded biased dumb arguments.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM

You have to be without a doubt the dumbest person I've ever encountered on this board. First, where did I say or imply that not wearing a helmet was illegal? Fact is I didn't. They make helmets for a reason Einstein. It's called safety. The issue with Ben's accident wasn't whether or not it was his fault......it was that he wasn' t wearing a helmet. BTW, someone who only comes to this site after Ben's second accusation of sexual assault and brags about it doesn't have any credibility in my book.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure driving a motorcycle without a license is against the law.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure driving a motorcycle without a license is against the law.

Alright...the guy got a $388 dollar fine for it...no one would of cared if the crash that wasn't his fault never happened. Most of my buddies who ride motorcycles don't wear helmets either, big whoop. Ben shouldn't have to not live his life how he wants because he's the QB of the Steelers. You can only live once and like I said Ben is living how he wants and is being crucified for a couple unlucky incidents where he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Alright...the guy got a $388 dollar fine for it...no one would of cared if the crash that wasn't his fault never happened. Most of my buddies who ride motorcycles don't wear helmets either, big whoop. Ben shouldn't have to not live his life how he wants because he's the QB of the Steelers. You can only live once and like I said Ben is living how he wants and is being crucified for a couple unlucky incidents where he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

What does that even mean? No one would care about a crash if it never happened? Of course they wouldn't.......duh....

He absolutely has to live his life how the people paying him 102 mil want him to. Basketball players have contracts written where they can't play in pickup games, football players have contracts written where they can't skydive, drive motorcycles and all sorts of things.

You live in a dream world if you don't think those things are built into every contract. When does unlucky stop being unlucky and is a result of poor decision making?

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Like inside an inebriated 20 year old? Yea, that was some unlucky timing there.

:rolleyes:

"Ben can do no wrong," we get it.

I'm sure if this were Joe Flacco or Carson Palmer though, you'd be all over the Ravens and Bengal boards telling them what scum their QB is though right?

Please don't have kids. I still have hope for the next generation.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
The guy's judgement is clouded for his desire to polish Ben's knob. Sad, but true.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
What does that even mean? No one would care about a crash if it never happened? Of course they wouldn't.......duh....

He absolutely has to live his life how the people paying him 102 mil want him to. Basketball players have contracts written where they can't play in pickup games, football players have contracts written where they can't skydive, drive motorcycles and all sorts of things.

You live in a dream world if you don't think those things are built into every contract. When does unlucky stop being unlucky and is a result of poor decision making?

Alright, and if it was actually in Ben's contract where he couldn't ride a motorcycle, I'd agree with you. And I never said the way he lives his life didn't involve poor decision making. I agree with you that it's been absolutely awful decision making I never denied that...but hey the guy is going to live his life how he wants and there's nothing we can do about it. I sure as hell don't want him in another uniform because of it.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Like inside an inebriated 20 year old? Yea, that was some unlucky timing there.

Please tell me where this is wrong or illegal? Did they move the age of consent up to 21 and I don't know about it? In that case, I'd be in deep too.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
when did sex with college girls become a bad thing?

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Alright, and if it was actually in Ben's contract where he couldn't ride a motorcycle, I'd agree with you. And I never said the way he lives his life didn't involve poor decision making. I agree with you that it's been absolutely awful decision making I never denied that...but hey the guy is going to live his life how he wants and there's nothing we can do about it. I sure as hell don't want him in another uniform because of it.

Well the way his decision making has been going he'll be in another uniform alright, it just depends on that state's prison jumpsuit color.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Exactly. These are the types of arguments that the Roethlisberger haters bring to the table. Really aren't even worth responses anymore.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Please tell me where this is wrong or illegal? Did they move the age of consent up to 21 and I don't know about it? In that case, I'd be in deep too.

Then why is it bad timing? You tell me.

Do you think it's a smart move considering her condition and the fact that he is currently involved in a rape allegation? :noidea:

I don't think he raped her, but I still think the act is sleazy (on both parts). Add to that that he can't keep himself out of the negative spotlight in the off-season and I'd say it's hard to ignore there is a problem. ...as in something is "wrong."

You can argue with me all you want, but that D.A. thought Ben did something wrong, The Rooney's think so, Goodell thinks so, Ben himself seemingly thinks so, Willie Colon seemingly thinks so and a great many other fans seem to think so.

Despite your own immaturity, honesty, integrity and morals ARE accounted for and they damn well should be. There IS a standard; like it or not.

On that note: I'm glad that Ben seems to finally "get it" judging by his words to the Rooney's.

I'm an adult and die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Ben Roethlisberger's actions brought negative attention to my team. I'm pissed off about it. Get it?

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 07:48 PM

Exactly. These are the types of arguments that the Roethlisberger haters bring to the table. Really aren't even worth responses anymore.

No brain-child; not "exactly." He didn't simply have sex with a college student. I think you know that.

MODs can we PLEASE have a forum where the adults can talk?

:banging:

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Then why is it bad timing? You tell me.

Do you think it's a smart move considering her condition and the fact that he is currently involved in a rape allegation? :noidea:

I don't think he raped her, but I still think the act is sleazy (on both parts). Add to that that he can't keep himself out of the negative spotlight in the off-season and I'd say it's hard to ignore there is a problem. ...as in something is "wrong."

You can argue with me all you want, but that D.A. thought Ben did something wrong, The Rooney's think so, Goodell thinks so, Ben himself seemingly thinks so, Willie Colon seemingly thinks so and a great many other fans seem to think so.

Despite your own immaturity, honesty, integrity and morals ARE accounted for and they damn well should be. There IS a standard; like it or not.

On that note: I'm glad that Ben seems to finally "get it" judging by his words to the Rooney's.

I'm an adult and die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Ben Roethlisberger's actions brought negative attention to my team. I'm pissed off about it. Get it?

The bad timing is obviously the fact that he was accused of rape lol. You said yourself that you don't think he raped her (you must of actually studied the case unlike some of these other tools). So if the accusation never comes out, no one would know or care that he had sex with a 20 year old drunk chick. And let's not even single out Ben for that...you know as well as I do that probably more than 75% of the league are doing the same thing.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 07:53 PM
No brain-child; not "exactly." He didn't simply have sex with a college student. I think you know that.

Ok...he had sex with a "drunk" college student? Is that better chief? Still doesn't make it illegal or wrong.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM

I dont know that and just because someone doesnt agree with you they are not an adult. The fact is you have nothing to support that he raped that girl NOTHING a team of investigators had NOTHING. Im just tired of listening to an argument from you that is not supported by any facts. Believe whatever you want but dont push your beliefs off as fact and then cry when people dont agree with you.

Leftoverhard
04-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Again, the first chick has already been proven to be full of it.

Proven, how? Oh, because that one girl said she said that? You just shattered your own argument that the alleged rape victim is a liar because you are giving one person's accusation more weight than the other.

Went around bragging to all of her friends and saying she hoped Ben impregnated her.

One person made that statement. Why do you trust her so much? What makes her statement more believable than the other girl. I defended Ben for that at first by the way. Now I'm starting to look at it more closely.

even the motorcycle accident wasn't even his fault.

Who said it was his fault? He gets paid by the Steelers to be healthy. Him not wearing a helmet is like a foot model walking on hot coals for kicks. Stupid. Us fans forgave him for that though because he's our hero.

To "the Ben apologists" - Maybe you're missing the point of "the ben haters" - I really don't think anyone has him nailed to the cross or hates him - he's just consistently shown some bad judgement and damaged the Steeler's image and people are pissed. Can't any of you understand that?

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
The bad timing is obviously the fact that he was accused of rape lol. You said yourself that you don't think he raped her (you must of actually studied the case unlike some of these other tools). So if the accusation never comes out, no one would know or care that he had sex with a 20 year old drunk chick. And let's not even single out Ben for that...you know as well as I do that probably more than 75% of the league are doing the same thing.

95% of stats are made up on the spot. I know that. I wished you'd start citing your sources. I've read updates about it since day one which is why my stance sways back and forth. The only thing I'm solid on is that Ben put himself in that position.

I will admit that I should have known better than to buy into the media's biased editing of what was released. Leaving out some key points and careful rewording has equated to lying to the public IMO. I cite the whole "Bleeding from her (private parts)" only to come to find that it was consistent with having sex. (not forcible rape or a foreign object or some crap). In any event, it was originally worded to make it sound worse than it was. I would have liked Ben and his lawyer to give us something to defend him with, but neither did.

Ok...he had sex with a "drunk" college student? Is that better chief? Still doesn't make it illegal or wrong.

He put himself in the position to be accused of rape. Is that not more accurate? Because in case you haven't noticed, he's in the process of being punished for it. His own teammate (who was there) was quoted as saying on the night of the alleged incident that they "don't need to be getting themselves into situations like that." Paraphrasing.

I dont know that and just because someone doesnt agree with you they are not an adult. The fact is you have nothing to support that he raped that girl NOTHING a team of investigators had NOTHING. Im just tired of listening to an argument from you that is not supported by any facts. Believe whatever you want but dont push your beliefs off as fact and then cry when people dont agree with you.

Perhaps you didn't read this so here it is again; "I don't believe he raped her."

But that fact that that is all that matters to you is what I'm talking about. Just because it can't be proven doesn't mean he didn't do it either. But all you care about is Ben throwing TD's. Not the organization; not the negative attention; not the reputation; the leadership; the example, etc, etc.

I don't hate Ben. Not even a little bit. I'm just pissed off and I think he needs his ass whooped. Oh and the "fact" is that Ben is going to be suspended for his actions. Do you want me to find you a link or do you think you can take my word for it?

If you ARE an adult, why don't you start proving it.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Yea, another thing: Let's not get carried away with any Steelers' fans being a "Ben Haters." I seriously doubt anyone here (or in Steeler Nation) "hates" Ben.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
95% of stats are made up on the spot. I know that. I wished you'd start citing your sources. I've read updates about it since day one which is why my stance sways back and forth. The only thing I'm solid on is that Ben put himself in that position.

I will admit that I should have known better than to buy into the media's biased editing of what was released. Leaving out some key points and careful rewording has equated to lying to the public IMO. I cite the whole "Bleeding from her (private parts)" only to come to find that it was consistent with having sex. (not forcible rape or a foreign object or some crap). In any event, it was originally worded to make it sound worse than it was. I would have liked Ben and his lawyer to give us something to defend him with, but neither did.

He put himself in the position to be accused of rape. Is that not more accurate? Because in case you haven't noticed, he's in the process of being punished for it. His own teammate (who was there) was quoted as saying on the night of the alleged incident that they "don't need to be getting themselves into situations like that." Paraphrasing.

Perhaps you didn't read this so here it is again; "I don't believe he raped her."

But that fact that that is all that matters to you is what I'm talking about. Just because it can't be proven doesn't mean he didn't do it either. But all you care about is Ben throwing TD's. Not the organization; not the negative attention; not the reputation; the leadership; the example, etc, etc.

I don't hate Ben. Not even a little bit. I'm just pissed off and I think he needs his ass whooped. Oh and the "fact" is that Ben is going to be suspended for his actions. Do you want me to find you a link or do you think you can take my word for it?

If you ARE an adult, why don't you start proving it.

Oh please why do you think this franchise is so great? because we win we have more rings than anyother franchise in the league. Evryone knows he will be suspended i never said he wouldnt. I simply stated having sex with college girls is not wrong and you said "he did more than have sex with her i think you know that." Please spare me the crap about our team rep cause everyone knows the best way to put these problems to rest is to win football games. And just beacuse it cant be proven doesnt mean it didnt happen ? well I would say It definatly doesnt prove it did happen. Im not acting like an adult? I dont even know what your arguement is? I say having sex with college chicks is not wrong and you blow your top.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh please why do you think this franchise is so great? because we win we have more rings than anyother franchise in the league. Evryone knows he will be suspended i never said he wouldnt. I simply stated having sex with college girls is not wrong and you said "he did more than have sex with her i think you know that." Please spare me the crap about our team rep cause everyone knows the best way to put these problems to rest is to win football games. And just beacuse it cant be proven doesnt mean it didnt happen ? well I would say It definatly doesnt prove it did happen. Im not acting like an adult? I dont even know what your arguement is? I say having sex with college chicks is not wrong and you blow your top.

Actually, my original comment wasn't directed at you because I figured you were just trying to be funny. I only quoted it because what's-her-face took it literally.

Oh please why do you think this franchise is so great? because we win we have more rings than anyother franchise in the league. Evryone knows he will be suspended i never said he wouldnt. I simply stated having sex with college girls is not wrong and you said "he did more than have sex with her i think you know that." Please spare me the crap about our team rep cause everyone knows the best way to put these problems to rest is to win football games. And just beacuse it cant be proven doesnt mean it didnt happen ? well I would say It definatly doesnt prove it did happen. Im not acting like an adult? I dont even know what your arguement is?

My argument this whole "punishing the innocent" crap. To me, it's not as simple as just throwing TD's and winning games. I've always been on board with the Rooney's approach to character in their players. We're are not the Cowboys of the 1990's or the Raiders..of any era. Aren't you proud of that? Who the hell is Ben to tarnish that? Because he had a hand in two SB's and is due to make 100 + million dollars he act however he wants? He represents the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers and is supposed to be a leader. I'm sure the players will at least try to sweep it under the rug for the sake of being cohesive but how much would you respect a leader of yours who can't stay out of the news for negative BS?

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
How is having sex with a drunk college student putting himself into a situation to be accused of rape. Have none of you ever been single male adults, or better yet have any of you been in a college environment? I mean geez, if having sex with drunk college chicks is putting yourself in a situation to be accused of rape I sure am lucky I haven't been accused yet. Maybe if I was a high profile name like Ben Roethlisberger with lots of money I might get a couple accusations ;)

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
How is having sex with a drunk college student putting himself into a situation to be accused of rape. Have none of you ever been single male adults, or better yet have any of you been in a college environment? I mean geez, if having sex with drunk college chicks is putting yourself in a situation to be accused of rape I sure am lucky I haven't been accused yet. Maybe if I was a high profile name like Ben Roethlisberger with lots of money I might get a couple accusations ;)

Well, I was about to pick all of that apart, but since you finished it with that comment, there is no need. You've answered your own question.

Now stop being so ignorant, you know damn well why your quarterback is facing punishment. Not agreeing with it is on you, but maybe you'll learn something from it.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
My point is he didn't do anything different than a normal young single male adult does and everyone wants to crucify him for it. I admit it was a dumb position to put himself in considering his stature...but I just think all of the backlash toward him is way uncalled for now that the case is over and he has not been charged.

I also think there's also a lot of hypocrisy by Goodell and the Rooney's by suspending Ben when James Harrison who was actually ARRESTED for without a doubt beating up the mother of his child was not given a suspension or even a fine.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
My point is he didn't do anything different than a normal young single male adult does and everyone wants to crucify him for it. I admit it was a dumb position to put himself in considering his stature...but I just think all of the backlash toward him is way uncalled for now that the case is over and he has not been charged.

I also think there's also a lot of hypocrisy by Goodell and the Rooney's by suspending Ben when James Harrison who was actually ARRESTED for without a doubt beating up the mother of his child was not given a suspension or even a fine.

Don't get too carried away with being "arrested." It's when charges are pressed and carried through that things get hairy. Although I admit, had Ben been arrested, I would have (pooped).

Ben got crucified for several reasons: More negative attention; second rape allegation in as many years and we never heard anything from his side. All we got was the one sided version and that makes it tough on the side not talking. What do we believe when that's all we have to go on?

But as far as the Steelers/NFL; He is a representative of both and he is also expected to be a leader for us. He screwed his responsibilities up there big time.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Actually, my original comment wasn't directed at you because I figured you were just trying to be funny. I only quoted it because what's-her-face took it literally.

My argument this whole "punishing the innocent" crap. To me, it's not as simple as just throwing TD's and winning games. I've always been on board with the Rooney's approach to character in their players. We're are not the Cowboys of the 1990's or the Raiders..of any era. Aren't you proud of that? Who the hell is Ben to tarnish that? Because he had a hand in two SB's and is due to make 100 + million dollars he act however he wants? He represents the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers and is supposed to be a leader. I'm sure the players will at least try to sweep it under the rug for the sake of being cohesive but how much would you respect a leader of yours who can't stay out of the news for negative BS?

Stay out of the papers for negative BS ?....Oh, you mean like Jeff Reed ? James Harrison ? M.Smith, Joey Porter, ect, ect. Only difference is that ALL of them were not accused,,but WERE Charged, and found Guilty!! Ben was not. But BEN is the disgraceful one here ?

Ben is the disgraceful one...and YOU are the " Stupid " one!!:tt03:

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Stay out of the papers for negative BS ?....Oh, you mean like Jeff Reed ? James Harrison ? M.Smith, Joey Porter, ect, ect. Only difference is that ALL of them were not accused,,but WERE Charged, and found Guilty!! Ben was not. But BEN is the disgraceful one here ?

Ben is the disgraceful one...and YOU are the " Stupid " one!!:tt03:
Am I? Because again, Ben is awaiting his punishment, no? In fact, the team may not wait and just punish him themselves. Ben agreed to make a lifestyle change because of the affect his actions have on the team.

Yea, I'm pretty sure you're the one with his empty head up his high traffic ass.

:coffee:

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I have defended Ben and support him fully after reading the report. I feel he has been portrayed in an unfair light by the media and the DA. But, Ben is employed by the Rooneys, they do not have to have any reason what so ever to either trade him or cut him outright. Suspensions given by Goodell are not set in stone, they can be appealed by the player or the club or the players union. I feel the best scenario for the club and Ben is a four game suspension that will be cut to two games if he enters some form of treatment for alcohol.

I know that he has done nothing illegal but in this day and time an employer such as the Rooneys have invested a ton of money. They need to insure he will be here. Ben has skated by on these two incidents, he is now a target for any get rich scheming barfly. While I wish he could lead a normal young mans life he is in the position where he will just have to wait till his playing days are over, and that is a damn shame. I fear that he will have another incident anywhere, parking lot somewhere, a secluded restaurant, a golf outing. With two strikes against him right or wrong and it will be his last in Pittsburgh and it will be a shame.

Need4Sweed
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Unless you were there on both occasions, you have no idea what you're talking about.

It was reported that the female in question told Ben NO! after which he exposed himself to her in the bathroom while the body guards stood watch. When a female drunk or not, sez NO!, you stop. PERIOD!...when you continue to have sex with her after that, those are rapist tendencies to me. NO means NO. Something tells me the DA has more info. that we will be privy to later that will make Ben appear more of a pig.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
It was reported that the female in question told Ben NO! after which he exposed himself to her in the bathroom while the body guards stood watch. When a female drunk or not, sez NO!, you stop. PERIOD!...when you continue to have sex with her after that, those are rapist tendencies to me. NO means NO. Something tells me the DA has more info. that we will be privy to later that will make Ben appear more of a pig.

Yeah, her side was reported by the media...over and over again. How about go reading the facts of the story, and not just what was reported by the media that is trying to crucify Ben.

MACH1
04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
I got a bad case of deja vu.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, her side was reported by the media...over and over again. How about go reading the facts of the story, and not just what was reported by the media that is trying to crucify Ben.

That I agree with. We never really got Ben's side. What positive info we DID get, we had to go digging for. But I disagree about the facts absolving him of any wrong doing.

LambertIsGod58
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE= I know that he has done nothing illegal but in this day and time an employer such as the Rooneys have invested a ton of money. [/QUOTE]

Oh, you were there? Why didn't you say so. How the f**k do you know if he did or didn't? It's an opinion if you WERE NOT there. I'd choose your words more carefully. I don't know if Ben did or did not rape this girl. In my opinion he did. Why do we have one cop resigning and one facing termination if nothing happened? If Ben is innocent and all? Being drunk is not an excuse. If you kill someone drinking and driving, does that somehow give you a pass because you were drunk? Why would this be any different? He chose to drink him self to excess. He's still 100% responsible.