PDA

View Full Version : "Only a 6-time pro-bowler"

Tim
02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
That's Skip Bayless's reason why Bettis doesn't deserve to make the Hall of Fame. I swear this guy has no reason having the job he has. He's the worst sports "guy" in the business.

I'm also convinced that Cold Pizza is the worst sports show on the air.

Dani-Jo
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Amen I totally agree with you!!! If I could have jumped through the tv this morning I would have. Why is everyone trying to cheapen what Jerome has accomplished and what the team has accomplished.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
No doubt.. Bayliss is such an ass. Everytime he credited Porter, Ike, or Willie..he followed it up with a critiscm..

Screw you skip !

OX1947
02-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I turned the channel, that was it for me with that show, as long as skip is on anything, im turning it. He's worthless even if his role on that show is to be the advocate.

Livinginthe past
02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Do we think that Skip is being obtuse on purpose - seems to me like he is consistently going against public opinion - whatever the team concerned.

He certainly makes it onto enough message boards.

NM

dudechris88
02-06-2006, 01:52 PM
except skip bayless was totally for the steelers and bashing the seahawks all pre-superbowl.

you guy have to understand, hios job is to get people riled up. dont take it seriously.

Need4spd
02-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I watch that show and specifically 1st and 10 on a regular basis, largely because I think Woody is pretty funny and I think his bantering with Skip can be entertaining. My point is this, you really have to take what both him and Skip say with a grain of salt a lot of the time. A good portion of their arguments are made just for the sake of TV. They basically pick 10 topics to talk about, and then Woody and Skip play good cop vs. bad cop regardless of what their true opinions may be. That being said, I do agree that his take on that particular subject was borderline blasphemy.

Tim
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
For me, I think it's almost worse if he doesn't actually believe what he says. If that's the case he's no journalist, he's just a simple showman.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
This sucks, Bettis won't go to Canton, Favre won't go to Canton, Emmitt for some reason is in Canton.. Sanders and Payton are their for some reason to. I'll look forward though, to when Ryan Leaf gets inducted.

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Skip Bayless is one of those guys you sit there and wonder how in the hell he possibly has a job. No one takes him seriously.

Need4spd
02-06-2006, 03:30 PM
For me, I think it's almost worse if he doesn't actually believe what he says. If that's the case he's no journalist, he's just a simple showman.

Good point. I know what you're saying. I'm not suggesting that all of their takes are for show, but I definately think some of them are. Truth is though, he's really not much of a journalist anymore. He was earlier in his career when he was in Dallas covering the Cowboys, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, to the best of my knowledge all he does now is that TV show.

kmsteelerwr15
02-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe Jerome can take Skip's spot on Cold Pizza soon :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt:

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Skips a ****. He only says this stuff becasue he knows if pisses Steeler fans off and he gets tons of emails about it. Luckily no Steeler fans know where he lives.

Mamaduck43
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I particularly liked the part where he said the Bus never carried his team to a championship--I guess Barry Sanders doesn't belong in Canton.

And then he said Bettis wasn't a game breaking player like OJ Simpson. How many rings does OJ have again?

Yeah, but OJ has a knife and a set of gloves that 'don't fit'......

melroseplace
02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
he looked like such an idiot desperately searching for reasons why he doesn't want Bettis in the HoF. ugh, I was so mad..