PDA

View Full Version : Awfully thin at RB

ETL
04-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Ben is going to stay.

Now that we've gotten that over with, don't you guys think we are awfully thin at RB? We got Mendenhall and Mewelde but we definitely need another runner. I'm surprised we didn't get another veteran as a free agent. I wonder if Redman is ready to step up or if the FO plans to take a RB high. Hopefully not another headcase.

PhantomJB93
04-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Mendenhall can be an every down back. Mewelde can be backup. Isaac Redman isthere if anything happens. so, no.

Galax Steeler
04-18-2010, 07:06 AM
There is already a thread on this subject.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=49909

7willBheaven
04-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I think we're ok...

Mendy, Moore, Summers (his main position is RB...and I think he can be the short yardage/power back that he was in college), and even Redman...and throw in some Logan.

Though I still think they might draft one

wdsteel
04-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I think we're ok...

Mendy, Moore, Summers (his main position is RB...and I think he can be the short yardage/power back that he was in college), and even Redman...and throw in some Logan.

Though I still think they might draft one

I would like another back but think we should wait till around 4-5 to get one..
like Mendy,Moore,Tank,redmen---wanted to see more of him some last year(redmen)

Psyychoward86
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
We have no idea what redmen and summers can do. They're both players who excelled in college against crappy teams.

Moore had an overrated campaign in '08 against more crappy teams and he's a 3rd down back is all he is.

Rashard is our man.

No one on this team is capable of being a good starter is Rashard goes down. Yeah, we need an RB.

Shoes
04-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I hope Tank does well this year, he seemed lost the little he played last year. I do think we will have to add a RB. Vincent is still with us but I don't know why...

ETL
04-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Lagerrett blount anyone? Headcase?

theplatypus
04-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Lagerrett blount anyone? Headcase?

I'm intrigued by Blount, but after this off-season I'm not so sure that the team will risk it. Although, I have to admit that the only negative that I've seen or heard about him was the punch.

ETL
04-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I used to believe that if headcase type players came to the Steelers, that there was a good chance that the strong team unity mentality would help reform them.

With tone gone and Ben with his messes, I am not naive enough to believe that anymore.

JSH6487
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Toby! Toby! Toby!

steelerdave1969
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
It would really suprise me if the Steelers dont draft a RB atleast early on Saturday. We need the competition and if there is a Very Good RB left in the 3rd or 4th round if wouldnt bother me at all to add one then.

rich4eagle
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Mendenhall can be an every down back. Mewelde can be backup. Isaac Redman isthere if anything happens. so, no.

I think Isaac Redman is the guy who they saw promise and the ability to be a really good third and short back. Four backs is too many. Trading Willie was the right move.

I like the plan:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt03::tt03::tt03:

cloppbeast
04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjKLI9u8i4&feature=related

We can probably get Blount in the fifth round. Not only is he an excellent, 240+ lb RB the Steeler's desperately need for goal-line and short yardage situations, but drafting a player who was suspended most of last season for punching another player in the face on live television may take some of the attention off of Ben's off the field drunken escapades.

steelreserve
04-19-2010, 02:57 AM
By getting rid of Parker, we've already improved the overall effectiveness of our running game by 100%. It's not a problem anymore. We have a real running back now.

Seriously, I cannot think of such a shitty starting RB we've had since Walter Abercrombie. I have no idea why it took a professional football team almost five years to find a stocky guy that's hard to bring down. It's not that complicated.

revefsreleets
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Right now nfl.com has our RB depth listed as Mendy, Moore, Logan, Redman and Vincent. We also have Summers listed as FB, and McHugh listed as TE, although he has played a lot of FB before.

We ain't THAT thin....

ETL
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Warm bodies does not constitute depth

if Mendy gets injured, we're up shits creek. That is THIN because ther is greater than 50:50 chance that he will get hurt

we need a legit 1a running back in this league. Moore is our 3rd down back. Redman is intriguing but unproven. Logan is an RB in label only. Vincent is training camp fodder. If that is what you call depth, I've got some real estate that you may want to buy.