PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE MOCK Draft w/ Ben Trade

Kingmagyar
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Although highly unlikely Ben will be traded and risking no future franchise Quarterback on the team, this is a some what very realistic look at what the Steelers could do with a great trade of Ben. (I personally think we need him, but I would love to have this draft)

TRADE Ben to Tampa Bay for their 3rd pick in First and Second Rounds.
Then TRADE the 3rd pick in Round 1 for Oakland or Buffalo's 1st and 2nd round picks. Figure somone would want to move up to 3 to take McCoy or Suh. This would give the Steelers in Round 1 a 8th and their own 18th, and in the 2nd they would have Tampa's 3, Oakland's 8, and their own 18th. 5 picks in the top 2 rounds.

the DRAFT
round 1
8th pick Rolando McClaine or Joe Haden ILB / CB
18th pick Kyle Wilson or Rolando McClaine CB / ILB

round 2
3rd pick Golden Tate WR
8th pick Terrance Cody NT
18th pick Tim Tebow QB

round 3
Best Available Offensive Lineman

round 4
Darrell Stuckey Safety

round 5
TRADE 1 away for a 5 next year
Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State
O'Brien Schofield, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
Joe Webb QB/WR

round 6
Clifton Geathers, DE South Carolina

round 7
TRADE 1 away for a 6 or 7 next year
Nate Byham, Pittsburgh TE

The Key is your getting pro bowl talent at WR, CB, ILB, NT in the first 2 rounds
A Quarterback with big potential (not to mention a saint)
A Sleeper at Safety in Stuckey
A Pounding Running Back in Dixon
Future OLB, WR, DE in Schofield, Webb, and Geathers
and a Blocking Tight End to replace Spaeth.

Even without trading Ben the draft would be good from the 3rd round down and if we get a good corner and ILB in the first two rounds. Notice no Pouncey or Iupati. Well you can't address everything.

others I like:
Thaddeus Gibson, DE/OLB, Ohio State Carlton Mitchell, WR, S Florida Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

Psyychoward86
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Interesting. But there's no "or's" in mock drafts :chuckle:

Kingmagyar
04-18-2010, 01:31 PM
To get McClaine and Haden I'm just not sure McClaine would be there at 18. Therefore the "or" usage, but maybe this isn't a true mock draft but a blueprint of team needs and the best way to get them filled with all those picks.

Psyychoward86
04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Heck, we could pick up great O-line at the 8th pick, Bulaga/Davis would be there

wdsteel
04-18-2010, 01:37 PM
yes go with
8th Byryan Bulaga
18th pick Kyle Wilson or Me
dont like Terrance Cody NT.....change to Cam thomas with another trade down mid 2 or something :)
and haha way to go and getting Tebow in black & gold.
in 3rd best LB

in this thread like the moves and picks other then noted..
nice work you get another shot next year lol

7willBheaven
04-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Even though I too am against a Ben trade...we should be able to get a lot more than what you have us getting for him...he's worth more than Cutler was (2 1sts, a 3rd and a 6th i think)...I'd want a 1st/2nd this yr...a 1st/3rd next...plus a decent player. Also TB would not be in the market for a QB...they just took one in the first round last year...so thats unrealistic also.

And like others have said if we're getting a top 10 pick outta this...i want a STUD TACKLE with that pick...then get a Wilson/McClain with our other 1st rounder. Also one of the other NT's would be better (Thomas, Joseph, etc). And trading a 5th/7th away for one next year? Ummm...ok then?

ricardisimo
04-18-2010, 02:36 PM
All joking aside, the idea of getting one of this year's stud 1st-round tackles and also getting a 1st-round DB, along with maybe some extra picks later on as well, and all at the cost of trusting Dixon to do what he used to do quite well in college... it's very tempting actually.

Why the shenanigans with TB at the start of this post? Why not just trade with Oakland, get their 1st and another few picks?

SS43Polamalu
04-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I would love to get that much talent in this years draft, it would be nicer to get a few higher picks for next year though, so we can maybe have a shot at trading up for Jake Locker. Also, i LOVE the Tim Tebow pick, he can set an example and become a great leader, not sure he'll even get to play QB much for us but I'm sure we could find a place to use his talent. IF we did trade Big Ben, i wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

RJ1670
04-18-2010, 04:24 PM
If he doesn't play no one will look at him as a leader. Leaders get their respect from playing first. Then the team will respect them as a leader after they show what they can do on the field.

SS43Polamalu
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
If he doesn't play no one will look at him as a leader. Leaders get their respect from playing first. Then the team will respect them as a leader after they show what they can do on the field.

Just what he does off the field and his amazing work ethic in practice would set a great example. I don't know about you but I'd rather not have another person who will make the team look bad off the field. With Tebow you would NEVER have to worry and maybe how he acts would rub off on some of the others. I'm not saying go out and draft him, but if he somehow ended up on the team, i would be very happy.

St33lersguy
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Question, if McCoy and Suh were available, why would we pass up the oppurtunity to draft them just because someone else wants them

whatdoiknow
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Here is a 7 round Mock I found. And all I can say is IF we ended up with the 2 players that he has us in round 7, well that would be the two STEALS of the century. Our second 7th rounder has been listed by some as a late round draftee, or free agent. But I feel the kid is a player. Especially in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. But both 7th rounders would be great. Enjoy.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/bures2010mockdraft.html

7willBheaven
04-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Question, if McCoy and Suh were available, why would we pass up the oppurtunity to draft them just because someone else wants them

I think both those guys are more 4-3 guys than 3-4. They could be DE's but...I just think they fit better in a 4-3 DT position!

jollyrob68
04-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Tampa just took josh freeman last year. I dont think they'll do it. However if they trade Ben for Oaklands first and then trade back with Jets or New England for a 2nd then trade with Tampa or KC for both their 2nd rounders.

cloppbeast
04-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I know not everybody likes Clausen, but I personally feel like he'll end up as the best QB out of this draft. He's a very accurate passer, a proven leader able to bring his team from behind, which he did like 4 times last year, and he performs in the clutch. I got to watch his first start at Beaver Stadium, and he's come a long way since then.

With the 7th pick, and having recently traded my franchise QB, if I were the Steelers, I would seriously look at Clausen. I really wouldn't feel comfortable with an aging, fragile back-up and 2 risky projects to work with at QB. Clausen would provide more reassurance than Tebow or DD could. He's the real deal.

pancake
04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
:poop::screwy::smash::headshake::monkey::puke: