PDA

View Full Version : Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Pages : 1 [2]

Sharkissle29
02-09-2006, 10:17 PM
..... exactly what-color IS the sky in your world?
:crazy01: :crying02: :crazy02: :crying01: :screwy: :eyecrazy:
i think i know why it rains so much in seattle, everyone that lives there are whiners.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 12:06 AM
SteelersGuru sure seems to know his stuff. I'm taking him off my ignore list.:sofunny:

dude you just quoted and talked to yourself all at the same time.. :rolleyes:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-10-2006, 12:09 AM
The NFL officiating crew who called the Super Bowl XL match-up between Pittsburgh and Seattle has sounded off on the outcome of the game, blaming the Seahawks? 11-point loss on the horrible play of the Seahawks.

?I?m not one to usually blame the players after a game, but that was one of the weakest displays of football I?ve ever seen. Their players should be ashamed of themselves,? said head referee Bill Leavy.

Leavy and the rest of his crew pointed to numerous instances of the Seahawks losing the game.

?I can?t even count the number of passes they dropped, or how many times they failed to convert on third down,? said back judge Bob Waggoner. ?And we all saw how poorly they managed the clock and how their coaches were out-coached in pretty much every facet of the game. As soon as the game ended, we all had a bad taste in our mouths because we knew we had witnessed one of the worst performances by a team in Super Bowl history.?

In addition to the numerous mistakes cited by Waggoner, Leavy pointed to other ways the Seahawks gave the game to the Steelers.

?I don?t want to imply the game was fixed, but it definitely seemed there was something fishy going on,? said Leavy. ?The fact that Seattle missed two field goals and that they didn?t make a single big play the entire game while, in comparison, the Steelers came through with big plays whenever they needed them really jumps out to me. The league can fine me for saying this if they want, but I definitely think the Seahawks played a major role in the Seahawks losing that game.?

League spokesman Greg Aiello says the league will review the performance of the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

?Since the Super Bowl is the NFL?s showcase game, we want to make sure that everything involved with it is of the highest quality so fans are happy and content with the result,? said Aiello. ?That said, we may have to decide that the Seahawks won?t be allowed to appear in the Super Bowl ever again because after initial review of the game film, they really, really, really sucked and definitely did not deserve to win by any stretch of the imagination. NFL fans deserve better than that from a team appearing in the Super Bowl.?

link: http://www.sportspickle.com/features...officials.html

mdhus
02-10-2006, 12:26 PM
“That said, we may have to decide that the Seahawks won’t be allowed to appear in the Super Bowl ever again because after initial review of the game film, they really, really, really sucked and definitely did not deserve to win by any stretch of the imagination. NFL fans deserve better than that from a team appearing in the Super Bowl.”

wow, someone actually said that?....what a "slam"

siko

Welcome to SF md. Nice signature by the way. Did you make it?

Thanx, and i did not make it myself, i had it made at a forum called NFL Central at the beginning of the year. However the forum no longer exists :(.

siko

vinella
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
How simple are you? That's from a spoof sports blog. Greg Aiello never said that.

mdhus
02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
How simple are you? That's from a spoof sports blog. Greg Aiello never said that.

hmm, i didnt pay attention to the link. lol. I figured someone would eventually say that anyway.

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2006, 02:42 PM

He didn't know. It's a "simple" mistake.

PaSteelers
02-10-2006, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Haiku_Dirtt]Super Bowl Forty should be the final lagging indicator that proves it is time to deflate the level of pregame hype. One week is enough.
QUOTE]

Yes!!! Two weeks is stupid.

taintedsteelxl
02-11-2006, 01:55 AM
http://www.taintedsteelxl.com/

MattyD.
02-11-2006, 08:05 AM
-I checked out that site. All I can say is it's a load of crap. Continous whining about the unfair calls. Well the calls went both ways. And I still say there were really only two really bad calls. The low block against Hasselbeck during the interception return, and the "incomplete pass" for Stevens (or Stephens, I can't remember which spelling) that should have been a Steelers fumble recovery. :tt: Sorry, but the game is long over and it's time to move on. Maybe the Sonics or Mariners will give Seattle a title.:finger:
L8R,
Matt D.

taintedsteelxl
02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
-I checked out that site. All I can say is it's a load of crap. Continous whining about the unfair calls. Well the calls went both ways. And I still say there were really only two really bad calls. The low block against Hasselbeck during the interception return, and the "incomplete pass" for Stevens (or Stephens, I can't remember which spelling) that should have been a Steelers fumble recovery. :tt: Sorry, but the game is long over and it's time to move on. Maybe the Sonics or Mariners will give Seattle a title.:finger:
L8R,
Matt D.

Clearly you did not watch the game with an observant eye. If you would have you would have realized that Stevens' dropped pass was not recovered by a Steeler but was instead allowed to roll unimpeded towards the sidelines.

Thank you

Suitanim
02-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Clearly you did not watch the game with an observant eye. If you would have you would have realized that Stevens' dropped pass was not recovered by a Steeler but was instead allowed to roll unimpeded towards the sidelines.

Thank you

Perhaps you should start a website to fire Holmgren for not challenging that call if it was so clear? Or how about his horrific clock management skills? Perhaps you could erect a billboard across from his house?

tony hipchest
02-11-2006, 12:57 PM

Thank you
THE WHISTLE HAD BLOWN! the ball was dead! #51 was all over it if it were a live ball. what about that do you not understand. he was right there in the screen with the ball getting ready to pick it up. tell the whole story if youree gonna continue to spew this b.s.

4xSBChamps
02-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Perhaps you should start a website to fire Holmgren for not challenging that call if it was so clear? Or how about his horrific clock management skills? Perhaps you could erect a billboard across from his house?
..... the ONLY thing that taintedsteelxl has 'erected' so-far is a steaming pile of :poop:

bengalsfan21
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
There were a few calls that could have been different, but the Hawks killed them selves they had every oppurtunity to take the lead and blew it.

MattyD.
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM

Thank you

-Yes I did watch the game closely. That's why I was yelling at the tv that the Hasselbeck call wasn't a penalty. What I said was the Steelers "would" have had a fumble recovery. But as mentioned before, the play was blown dead. But I also forgot to mention the uncalled block in the back against Ben. No flag there and it benefited Seattle. The Seahawks did more harm to themselves than the refs did. All season long the officiating has been sub-par, so why would the Super Bowl be any different? If I've forgotten anything else, I apologize. I work all midnights and have only been home for about an hour. No sleep yet.:yawn: Oh yeah, one more thing.:nana:

L8R,
Matt D.

NJarhead
02-12-2006, 09:15 AM
There were a few calls that could have been different, but the Hawks killed them selves they had every oppurtunity to take the lead and blew it.

Hey tainted! This is from a Bengals fan who would be more apt to watch this game w/ Seahawk eyes. Now shut your tainted hole!

Even IF your complaints were valid the Steelers and their fans had NOTHING to do with it. Put up your billboard in Seattle, gather around it and sing "Kumbaya" until draft day.

Oh yeah, and have a nice day! :-)