PDA

View Full Version : Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Pages : [1] 2

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people whining and crying foul...

We are the Super Bowl XL World Champions. Nobody can take that away from us. I refuse to let anyone say our win was tainted because of officiating.

The officials were pretty bad most of the playoffs at various times. There is no doubt the NFL needs full time officials, I agree with that.

We went into Cincy and beat the Bengals.. Not the Officials

We went into Indy and beat up on the colts.. Not the Officials

We went into Denver and man handled them...Not the Officials

and

We went into Detroit and WE:

Sacked & Pressured Hasslebeck..Made Alexander a non factor.. Shut down Daryl Jackson after the 1st quarter... Got in the heads of the WR's and Stevens...Made big hits in the secondary....We played well enough on Defense to win.. PERIOD

and

Had a 75 yd TD run... Huge 3rd down coversions... Gadget plays that worked to perfection... had Solid special teams play...a young Great QB who made plays when he needed too...and selfless play from everybody on the team to do their job to help us win.

This board will not be content to let trolls try and ruin our SB Championship becuz they cant deal with the fact that we won it. The seahacks got away with plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

We won, We're World Champions !!!! Deal with it !

AKSteeler
02-06-2006, 02:19 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! YOUR POST WAS PERFECT!!!!!

NOW ALL YOU WHINING SEAHAWKS FANS, GO BACK INTO HIDING WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Bingo!

I didn't notice any official missing a call on Parker's TD run.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call on the Randel El to Ward TD pass.

I didn't notice any official missing a call when the Steelers ground out over 4 minutes on the clock to take the clock down to the 2 minute warning.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call on Jerramy Stevens numerous drops.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call when Daryl Jackson didn't realize the field is only 53 yards wide and not 54.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call when Casey Hampton and Deshae Townsend broke through the line to sack Hasselback in key situation.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call when Hasselback completely overthrew his receiver on Taylor's INT.

I didn't notice any offical missing a call when Josh Brown missed 53 and 50 yard FG's.....after going 7-12 from over 50 for the year.

Please! The Seahawks killed themselves over and over and over and over again. The flag on Hasselback for the low block is the ONLY call that I will agree might have been a touchy call. However, as I've said in another thread....please show me a game where the officials make every call right. If you can't then quit your blathering and your whining.

2005 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.....PITTSBURGH STEELERS!

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Fact of the matter is that Pittsburgh overcame some bad officiating to win that game in Indy. Look, sometimes officials make some poor calls but there aint jack you can do about it. If Seattle was really a championship team they would have won the game.

Oh yeah, winners win and losers whine. I'm sure it sucks for 'Hawks fans and I feel for them but I don't feel that much for them. If their team was truly great it would have overcome any obstacles in front of it to win.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
our win was tainted because of officiating.

I agree.

Kidding. anyways yes there were calls the officials made wrong, the Jackson push off, etc. But was it enough to give Seattle the win... No one can say that, and like mentioned Seattle hurt themselves on holding etc. therefore no one can take away the Super Bowl.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
BRC is a wise, wise man. Rock on, Steeler brother! :bouncy:

PittsburghGirl
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Enough said......

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Kidding. anyways yes there were calls the officials made wrong, the Jackson push off, etc. But was it enough to give Seattle the win... No one can say that, and like mentioned Seattle hurt themselves on holding etc. therefore no one can take away the Super Bowl.

The Jackson pushoff was correctly called. Jackson extended his elbow, made contact and gained enough of an advantage to catch the ball easily. As Dan Patrick mentioned today on his show....the referees attended training before the start of the season and were instructed to call pass interference in that exact situation. The referee made the correct call.

tony hipchest
02-06-2006, 03:00 PM
there was the wicked porter horse collar on alexander but there probably wasnt a official in position to see it. porter didnt try to drag him down with all his weight or hurt him though. id be pissed if they called that push off on hines. but its better than letting every wr play how m. irvin did.

but what are you gonna do. the steelers have been on the short side of the stick plenty of times. and its not like seattle didnt catch a break or 2 either. i gues you have to run 10 yards before a completion can be ruled a completion

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 03:06 PM
The Jackson pushoff was correctly called. Jackson extended his elbow, made contact and gained enough of an advantage to catch the ball easily. As Dan Patrick mentioned today on his show....the referees attended training before the start of the season and were instructed to call pass interference in that exact situation. The referee made the correct call.

I agree. Hell, even that dope Sean Salisbury agreed with that call.

MattyD.
02-06-2006, 03:11 PM
-The only somewhat questionable call I saw was the one against Hasselbeck for a low block. Although it might have looked like he was going low at the lead blocker, he actually hit Ike. Besides that, everything else is just losers whining about being ripped off. They way I see it is the Steelers had all those bad calls at Indy, but they still won the game! Bad calls are going to happen in any game but you still have to have the drive and guts to finish the game and win.

L8R,
Matt D.

Mosca
02-06-2006, 03:17 PM
I disagree with the announcers saying that there was no holding on the one pass that took Seattle to the 2 yd line.

The block started off well, but as our guy started to get around the lineman, the lineman hooked our guy's arm and leveraged him. It wasn't visible from the camera angle that the repaly showed over and over, but that's a hold that will get called every time.

Give the Seahawks fans a break. If I was a Seahawks fan, I'd feel like I was jobbed somewhat, too.

BUT... I would also know that all my team would've had to do to win was play half decent. The Steelers looked awful, and the Seahawks could have blown them out officiating be damned. But they didn't, and here we are.

Tom

TXSTEELER
02-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Don't bother going over to the Hawks insiders board. The freaking moderator details every so called bad call. No one said a word about Ben getting clocked in the back on the INT return. No one said anything about the fumble of Stevens, quick whistle prevented us from keeping the ball in bounds. Best one today, watching ESPN when they are talking about the "phantom" holding call, they are showing another play when 51 of the steelers is being dragged down aroung the neck, the comentator breifly said that looked like holding to him. Must we go back and review the mugging incident in the Pat's Super Bowl that changed officiating rules. Face it, we almost got jobbed out of the Indy game if not for the immaculate tackle. What goes around comes around, I always say. So one last word,
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke when they had the chance to catch up. Saintly Matt sure looked like the 2 yr QB out there near the first half and again at the end. He should have listened to the commentators and set up the fg. Also, Stevens no hurry in getting back to huddle since obviously he didn't know the rules about going out of bounds to stop the clock. The best play of the game was the 4 Steelers smacking him on the last pass of the Hawks final drive. He didn't have a chance even if he caught it. Reminded me of the big hit in Viking or the cowboy SB (don't remember which) when our safety just laid the wood to the receiver and popped the ball about 15 ft in the air for a game stopping INTby edwards.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=kssteeler]
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke ... QUOTE]

I'm looking at myself in the morror and agree with you: Seattle choked. Had they played even their usual pretty good game they would have won. Easily.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah and maybe If we played our "usual pretty good game" the score margin would have been bigger than eleven points. Thankfully, we didn't need our "A-Game" yesterday.

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 04:07 PM
You know what irked me the most about that PI call? Why in the heck was Deshea just standing there flat-footed. It looked like he thought the play was over and he relaxed.

Thank goodness that bonehead, trash-talking Jackson decided to put his hands on the defender right in front of an official. Heck, if he would have just made the break to the middle without touching the DB he would have gotten the TD easily.

Football is almost as much of a mental game as it is a physical game and players can't decide to try to bend the rules when the season is riding on the outcome of the game.

Seattle still had several chances to win the game after that play but they didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again (even though the tone of this post might sound contradictory): You never have to defend a win.

slim shady
02-06-2006, 04:20 PM
they should be happy......if they were still in the AFC.....THEY WOULD'NT EVEN BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
02-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Super Bowl Forty should be the final lagging indicator that proves it is time to deflate the level of pregame hype. One week is enough.

Steeler defense brought their B game. Steeler offense brought their F game in the first quarter which slowly was upgraded to a C-minus in the second half. Under those circumstances Seattle should have had the lead going into the fourth quarter.

But they didn't. I can't remember the last time an 11 point lead felt like an 11 point deficit. If the offense actually played four quarters, then it would have been a 21 point lead after three. The Seabirds face little chance to make the playoffs next year. That's why Seabird fans should be pissed.

The better team doesn't always win. Just look at the Rose Bowl this year. This time the better team won.

I was disappointed in the game because I expected (probably too much) Ben to leave all questions answered - not answers questioned. Perhaps it's better for his future not to be going to Disneyworld. He knows he still has plenty of work to do. This win will not and should not be going to his head.

The entertainment value from the first 3 playoff games was so extraordinary. To expect that same kind of game in the Super Bowl is greedy.

GREED IS GOOD!!!

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Exactly, totally agree. Screw them. Good teams over come all the BS, and after a terrible 1st Qtr, we did what we had to do. Good teams will do that. Defense wins championships.

SteelerFanInCA
02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people whining and crying foul...

We are the Super Bowl XL World Champions. Nobody can take that away from us. I refuse to let anyone say our win was tainted because of officiating.

The officials were pretty bad most of the playoffs at various times. There is no doubt the NFL needs full time officials, I agree with that.

and

Sacked & Pressured Hasslebeck..Made Alexander a non factor.. Shut down Daryl Jackson after the 1st quarter... Got in the heads of the WR's and Stevens...Made big hits in the secondary....We played well enough on Defense to win.. PERIOD

and

Had a 75 yd TD run... Huge 3rd down coversions... Gadget plays that worked to perfection... had Solid special teams play...a young Great QB who made plays when he needed too...and selfless play from everybody on the team to do their job to help us win.

This board will not be content to let trolls try and ruin our SB Championship becuz they cant deal with the fact that we won it. The seahacks got away with plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

Right on BRC. We came and we conquered. Even though we experienced a few bad calls ourselves through out the play-offs, we never lost focus of the mission.

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=kssteeler]
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke ... QUOTE]

I'm looking at myself in the morror and agree with you: Seattle choked. Had they played even their usual pretty good game they would have won. Easily.

Yeah....woulda....coulda....shoulda. Gotta remember....it took a horrible game from Roethlisberger for the Seahawks to even be in the game. The Steelers played the worst offensive game of the past 8 weeks and still won. These teams play their best games against each other and the Steelers win every time. The Steelers have more play makers on both sides of the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 05:53 PM
they should be happy......if they were still in the AFC.....THEY WOULD'NT EVEN BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

Right on !!! Tell em !!! :boxing:

Mosca
02-06-2006, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=marksashton]

Yeah....woulda....coulda....shoulda. Gotta remember....it took a horrible game from Roethlisberger for the Seahawks to even be in the game. The Steelers played the worst offensive game of the past 8 weeks and still won. These teams play their best games against each other and the Steelers win every time. The Steelers have more play makers on both sides of the ball.

And that being said: I'll take the win all day long, bruddah, but it was a lousy game. It was like a week 2 game. The win was great, but the game was lousy.

Let's get both teams back for a grudge match, and next time let's bring it on!

Tom

marksashton
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=marksashton]

The million dollar question....or maybe the worthless question :) - is whether Pittsburgh's offensive woes were because they had an "off day" or because Seattle's defense dominated them. Seattle's defense has been underestimated all year. Perhaps their foolish mistakes yesterday (getting fooled by the "gadget" and the giving up the big run) are good enough reasons to doubt them.

But they held Pittsburgh to 0 first downs and 6 total yards in the first quarter. But for two big pittsburg plays they had just 221 total yards. Seattle was 5th in the NFL this year in terms of rushing yards allowed. I think Pittsburgh saw why yesterday.

Still, they suck until next year.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=ColoradoSteelerFan]

And that being said: I'll take the win all day long, bruddah, but it was a lousy game. It was like a week 2 game. The win was great, but the game was lousy.

Let's get both teams back for a grudge match, and next time let's bring it on!

Tom

Fair enough! I was hoping for a fun game to watch and neither team delivered. I hope they play each other next year... Maybe then it won't be a home game for the Steelers. :)

GoStillersGo
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree with most of what's been said here. Living in Cincinnati and near Indy, I've heard my share of griping both in person and on local sports radio, I thought I'd offer my thoughts. Sorry if I'm repeating things which have already been said, but we cannot relent as Seahawk fans and sympathizers and Steelers haters continue to try AND REWRITE HISTORY. Make no mistake, this is what they are trying to do.

Here's something I wrote this afternoon to one of my friends (also a Steelers fan): Winners write history, not losers. We shouldn't let them define this as a tainted victory. We have waited too long for this to happen. It's not fair to the Steelers, it's not fair to us as part of Steeler Nation. Sure, there were mistakes by the officials. The Steelers had to deal with officials' mistakes and had to overcome them. The Seahawks had their chances and didn't do anything with them. Why should they get a break for their incompetence. Yes, the officials sucked. Yes, most of the calls went the Steelers' way. But the Steelers did enough things right to win, and the Seahawks didn't do enough things right to win.

We need to repeat this loud and often. I won't give them the satisfaction of making the officials the scapegoats... Even if I look like a bad winner.

Do not give detractors one inch of ground. The Seahawks lost this one when it counted. They simply made too many mistakes when the chips were down.

A brilliant political strategist once said, "He who defines first, defines last." Will you allow this Super Bowl to be defined as one handed to the Steelers by the officials?

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=ColoradoSteelerFan]

The million dollar question....or maybe the worthless question :) - is whether Pittsburgh's offensive woes were because they had an "off day" or because Seattle's defense dominated them. Seattle's defense has been underestimated all year. Perhaps their foolish mistakes yesterday (getting fooled by the "gadget" and the giving up the big run) are good enough reasons to doubt them.

But they held Pittsburgh to 0 first downs and 6 total yards in the first quarter. But for two big pittsburg plays they had just 221 total yards. Seattle was 5th in the NFL this year in terms of rushing yards allowed. I think Pittsburgh saw why yesterday.

Still, they suck until next year.

I believe it was Carolina who held New England to ZERO first quarter first downs in that Super Bowl...and yet New England still won. See....they play 4 quarters for a reason. The Steelers ended up the first half with 6. So....you had a pretty crappy 2nd quarter, if we are comparing and contrasting....

Now let's look at what really happened with the domination of the Steelers offense. Roethlisberger had a terrible day. If you know anything about his passing this year, even a Seahawks fan will have to admit this. Look at Roethlisberger's numbers! He was 9-21 for 123 yards and 2 picks and a 22.9 passer rating. The pick he threw at the goal line was not a superb play by the Seattle defense....it was ALL on Roethlisberger. The guy was 21 of 29 for 275 yards and 2 TD against Denver, 14 of 24 for 197 yards and 2 TD against Indy and 14 of 19 for 208 yards and 3 TD against Cincy.

Fact: He had open receivers that he overthrew many times.
Fact: Several receivers dropped ball thrown directly to them.
Fact: Steelers (who you say were dominated) had only 57 yards less than Seattle....but 21 fewer plays.
Fact: The Steelers averaged 6.1 yards per play.....Seattle averaged 5.1. That an ENTIRE YARD difference.
Fact: You can't subtract out big plays. Football doesn't work that way. Maybe we should take out the 76 yard INT return. Seattle's powerful offense couldn't drive the field for a TD on their own. Even if you subtract Parker's 75 yard rush, Seattle still failed to keep the Steeler rushing offense below 100 yards. Oh....and Parker DID run for those 75 yards....so.....it all stays.

One last thing....

FACT: Score: Pittsburgh 21 Seattle 10

....you lost.....really....deal with it without whining. Its getting to be comical!

Milkman
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM

and

and

'Nuff said!

SteelersNation7
02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. By they way I must do some gloating...."Prediction over on Steelers.com Steelers 23- Seahawks...."I said will score one TD and they'll end up with 10 points.....Not bad HUH?

Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people
whining and crying foul...

and

and

Portland Hawk Fan
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Whatever gets you Joey Porter worshipping hypocrites through the night....

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 09:30 PM

It's called the Lombardi Trophy troll!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 09:31 PM
You're walking an awfully fine line here dude,... enough w/ the BS.. u lost, deal with it.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
These should help get you through the night...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/seakleenex2.gif

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
These should help get you through the night...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/seakleenex2.gif

This is simply hilarious!

....and completely applicable!

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 10:07 PM
You're walking an awfully fine line here dude,... enough w/ the BS.. u lost, deal with it.
The funny thing is we got the shaft and the raw deal, you guys cheated and won and you guys are all mad. LOL! Stealers with the tarnished ring.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
The funny thing is we got the shaft and the raw deal, you guys cheated and won and you guys are all mad. LOL! Stealers with the tarnished ring.
http://photos2.flickr.com/1990524_ec569c3ad5_m.jpg

brianski71
02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
hmm.....tarnished ring? we beat 2 one seeds, a two and a three.....yeah theres nothing to be proud of there....man shut the hell up quit bitchin and come back next year and well kick your ass in miami

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 10:23 PM

....goes well with the tarnished intelligence of many Seahawks fans....

DIESELMAN
02-06-2006, 10:38 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! If it would have been the other way around I wonder what your comments would be then.....I knew you seacrap fans couldn't take a defeat with a little dignity and grace gotta blame it on the officials.....I bet most of the Seattle players are realizing theres a lot they could've done to win the game.....like keep your feet in bounds when you do catch the ball or how about not running your route so close to the sidelines or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or not throw an interception to kill a pretty good drive or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or making field goals when it counts or how about converting better then 29%(5-17)on third downs or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or how about managing the clock better or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!!.....DAMN I'm getting tired putting all the facts down that cost you the game so heres one for ya "princess" :fingers: :helmet:

Polamalus_Angel
02-06-2006, 10:40 PM

and

and

Very well said. I think imma post a link to this thread on the other boards I frequent. I was shocked this morning ( I guess I shouldn't be knowing I was visiting Eagles and Bronco's boards) to find a whole bunch of threads saying the refs won the game and Seattle would have whipped us if not for the calls. Im like what the freak ever. Like it's been said before real teams find ways to win games when everything seems to be against them (i.e. Colts' game).

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 10:41 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! If it would have been the other way around I wonder what your comments would be then.....I knew you seacrap fans couldn't take a defeat with a little dignity and grace gotta blame it on the officials.....I bet most of the Seattle players are realizing theres a lot they could've done to win the game.....like keep your feet in bounds when you do catch the ball or how about not running your route so close to the sidelines or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or not throw an interception to kill a pretty good drive or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or making field goals when it counts or how about converting better then 29%(5-17)on third downs or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or how about managing the clock better or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!!.....DAMN I'm getting tired putting all the facts down that cost you the game so heres one for ya "princess" :fingers: :helmet:

Like I said I have no idea why you are all so mad? You got the good side of the deal, even if it was from the bottom of the deck. Just relax everyone and enjoy your teams title and victory. :busted:

Polamalus_Angel
02-06-2006, 10:42 PM

You guys very well may not even make the playoffs. And its not just cause of the loser of Super Bowl trend I will pretty much bet Alexander's leaving if Seattle doesn't pay him huge figures.

fergusonat
02-06-2006, 10:43 PM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9919/smaller5to.jpg

Seahawk-fans complaining = :blah:

:tt: :tt: :tt:

DIESELMAN
02-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Like I said I have no idea why you are all so mad? You got the good side of the deal, even if it was from the bottom of the deck. Just relax everyone and enjoy your teams title and victory. :busted:

its hard to enjoy a title and victory when people make excuses on why they lost.....why are we mad? when your team wins the title and people try and taint it you tell us how it feels.....:dang:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM

Oh I know I am. Thanks for your concern though. :sofunny:

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
You guys very well may not even make the playoffs. And its not just cause of the loser of Super Bowl trend I will pretty much bet Alexander's leaving if Seattle doesn't pay him huge figures.
I don`t think anyone has a chance to make the playoffs till the season starts. If Seattle loses Alexander they will find someone to replace him, but I think Paul Allen and Microsoft will have deep enough pockets to keep him. Perhaps you should worry about your team I mean after all you missed the bus. Just relax and worry about next season when next season gets here.:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Anybody heading down to the parade tomorrow?

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Yep I should be there. I think Cleve is going. Blitz is probably going.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM

We're mad becuz we are tired of people on this board raining on our parade.. plain and simple we dont give a shiat what anyone thinks we're just tired of hearing it.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
its hard to enjoy a title and victory when people make excuses on why they lost.....why are we mad? when your team wins the title and people try and taint it you tell us how it feels.....:dang:
Now see this is really funny. Now you want the rest of the country to feel sorry for you?
I guess you arn`t happy with the tainted title, now you want what the Seahaks have as well the entire country supporting them and their fans. My but you guys want it all don`t you. Guess when you get greedy nothing is never enough.:sofunny:

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Guys just ignore them. They're just trolling the boards.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
We're mad becuz we are tired of people on this board raining on our parade.. plain and simple we dont give a shiat what anyone thinks we're just tired of hearing it.

Oh so now we are raining on your parade? How is it that you guys have it all and we can rain on anything? We keep our rain in the pacific north west where it belongs.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:21 PM

BRC, I'm at the point now where it's getting old. It bothered me at first and then I realized that it's not worth stating our case. I'm at the point now where I'm just enjoying our victory and living it up.

#5 WOOOOHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:22 PM
By all means ignore us, we are not worth the time or effort of the great fans of the great Stealers. Besides I`m sure you will know what it`s like before long.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:23 PM

Yep. Jealousy and sour grapes. That's basically all it boils down to. And zero Super Bowls. Lombardi in Seattle.........doesn't even sound right....lol.

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately the mods can't ignore people lol

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately the mods can't ignore people lol

But you do have banning powers....*wink* *wink*..lol.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Yep. Jealousy and sour grapes. That's basically all it boils down to. And zero Super Bowls. Lombardi in Seattle.........doesn't even sound right....lol.
Not jealous at all. You have a title we don`t want. Here in Washington if we have to steal something to have it we can wait till it`s ours fair and square. So keep the Lombardi, but keep it safe, after all we know how those people in Pitsburgh like to steal stuff. We will wait and lay claim to it soon enough.

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Lmao Jeez oh man

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
LOL, okay honey. I knew the meth epidemic in Seattle was high, but this is further proof that the west coast is out of touch with reality and completely idiotic. I forgive you though, 19 years old. Recently probably jumped on that hawk wagon. It's understandable. :sofunny: :sofunny: :bouncy: :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Busting on the people of Pittsburgh? Let's talk about Seattle for a second. Tree-hugging, latte sipping yuppies that don't know a football from their a-holes. You people are a joke. Plain and simple. Try staying on that wagon for longer than one season.

Keep hoping for that first one huh? Sad.

Large_Ant
02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
:sofunny:

Even the people that were pro Steelers all before the Super Bowl are embarrassed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

Face it guys, it's not just Seahawks fans that are saying it. It's about 75% of the country. See/vote for yourselves...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2011

All hail the Champs!! :sofunny:

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:35 PM
LOL, okay honey. I knew the meth epidemic in Seattle was high, but this is further proof that the west coast is out of touch with reality and completely idiotic. I forgive you though, 19 years old. Recently probably jumped on that hawk wagon. It's understandable. :sofunny: :sofunny: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Sorry you lost me somewhere along the line. Whats meth or did you mean math? Yes we do like our math here in Washington. You should try it. It goes along with reading and writing, these are things you might find useful on the east coast.:cool:

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 11:36 PM
This is just getting hilarious now.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Busting on the people of Pittsburgh? Let's talk about Seattle for a second. Tree-hugging, latte sipping yuppies that don't know a football from their a-holes. You people are a joke. Plain and simple. Try staying on that wagon for longer than one season.

Keep hoping for that first one huh? Sad.
Now you are mad because we have trees? You would have some there if you didn`t cut them all down. As for hugging trees I have done this before and I did enjoy the chance to help save the planet and it`s resourses.:blurp:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:39 PM
LOL, no........meth. The drug. It's that little epidemic that hit your city around the mid-90's. You should try reading up.

Keep riding that wagon honey. Well, Ben's on Letterman now. He won the Super Bowl if you didn't know.....LOL. Where's Hasselbeck? I gotta go.

Take care honey. Buh-bye. #5 and still going.....try and catch up!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Now you are mad because we have trees? You would have some there if you didn`t cut them all down. As for hugging trees I have done this before and I did enjoy the chance to help save the planet and it`s resourses.:blurp:

It's obvious you have never been in Western Pa. I have been to Seattle. Pretty lame city for the most part. Rain, rain, yuppies, rain, yuppies, rain. Last thing I think of is football when I visited that city. It's a joke. Take care honey.

21-10 Steelers. Seahawks at home and CRYING. LOL.

Keep riding that wagon!!!!

dudechris88
02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey, besides listening to all steeler opinions on a steelers fan board ( i mean cmon, what steelers fan is going to say foul play on the refs part, every team wants to think they won fair) lets see what the nation thinks!

What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL?

50.1% F
24.6% D
14.2% C
9.0% B
2.0% A

Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

79.0% Unfairly favored the Steelers
16.3% The right calls were made
4.7% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game?

57.1% Officials missing calls
28.8% Seahawks not making plays
14.1% Steelers making plays

Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?

73.7% No
20.6% Yes
5.8% I'm not sure

Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter?

58.9% No
26.6% Yes
14.5% I'm not sure

Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?

74.3% No
15.2% Yes
10.5% I'm not sure

Total Votes: 104,289 --- Nation wide survey ESPN.com

sorry guys!!

but congrats, at the end of the day STEELERS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

just wish they could have won with complete domination, not with help.

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
It's obvious you have never been in Western Pa. I have been to Seattle. Pretty lame city for the most part. Rain, rain, yuppies, rain, yuppies, rain. Last thing I think of is football when I visited that city. It's a joke. Take care honey.

21-10 Steelers. Seahawks at home and CRYING. LOL.

Keep riding that wagon!!!!
You had to make 2 posts to make your point or maybe you just lost you train of thought? Anyway, I hope you had a good time while in our Emerald city, everyone here always tries to be friendly and helpful. As for not thinking about football while you are here, it`s a good thing I`m sure.:rolleyes:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 11:46 PM
the princess is obviously a spoiled little bitch. I guess she still thinks of us as the Smokey City,oh yeah that city with four other SB trophies. Since I learned at a young age not to hit girls PLEASE Prodso just go out there and Biatch slap this "princess...

Princess Alexandreia
02-06-2006, 11:50 PM
the princess is obviously a spoiled little bitch. I guess she still thinks of us as the Smokey City,oh yeah that city with four other SB trophies. Since I learned at a young age not to hit girls PLEASE Prodso just go out there and Biatch slap this "princess...
Ouch:boxing:
That hurt:rolleyes:

I learned to be nice to everyone no matter how rude they are.
I also learned not to talk back to my elders.
I also learned not to kick a man where his children come from. Guess you better cover yourself. Because a man you are not.:busted:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey, besides listening to all steeler opinions on a steelers fan board ( i mean cmon, what steelers fan is going to say foul play on the refs part, every team wants to think they won fair) lets see what the nation thinks!

What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL?

Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game?

Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?

Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter?

Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?

Total Votes: 104,289 --- Nation wide survey ESPN.com

sorry guys!!

but congrats, at the end of the day STEELERS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

just wish they could have won with complete domination, not with help.

Trick questions for most people ..the "do you think"part.
Besides that opinion are like a$$holes and it looks like we found another..
Like we said all along we were the underdogs with all them people against us...

DIESELMAN
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Now see this is really funny. Now you want the rest of the country to feel sorry for you?
I guess you arn`t happy with the tainted title, now you want what the Seahaks have as well the entire country supporting them and their fans. My but you guys want it all don`t you. Guess when you get greedy nothing is never enough.:sofunny:

you have no class princess.....just another sore loser,you got the rest of the year to feel sorry for yourselves and point fingers.....poor princess:crying01:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I learned to be nice to everyone no matter how rude they are... Pot smoking parents
I also learned not to talk back to my elders... especially if you have nothing intelligent to say
I also learned not to kick a man where his children come from. Guess you better cover yourself. Because a man you are not.... hit me with your best shot!!

Save yourself and go back toa Hawker board because I'm done with you..you have a very sad life if all you can do is stay at this board and post all your :poop:
Got to go WORLD CHAMPION QB on LETTERMAN NOW !!

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I learned to be nice to everyone no matter how rude they are... Pot smoking parents
I also learned not to talk back to my elders... especially if you have nothing intelligent to say
I also learned not to kick a man where his children come from. Guess you better cover yourself. Because a man you are not.... hit me with your best shot!!

Save yourself and go back toa Hawker board because I'm done with you..you have a very sad life if all you can do is stay at this board and post all your :poop:
Got to go WORLD CHAMPION QB on LETTERMAN NOW !!
Be still my pounding heart. Say it isn`t so. You are done with me and all my poop? How shall I go on? Whatever shall I do? Alas I do have a sad life, but atleast I don`t have to fill mine with fake super bowl titles to make myself feel better. JK You know me just an empty headed blond who is lucky to tie her shoes everyday. I love a good laugh now and then, that`s the real reason I come to this charming place.:rolleyes:

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
you have no class princess.....just another sore loser,you got the rest of the year to feel sorry for yourselves and point fingers.....poor princess:crying01:
I thought you wanted all the tears and all the pitty. Ahhhh why is everyone always picking on the poor underdog Pittsburgh Stealers? Smile you`re on cnadid camera. That was filmed here you know that right?:sofunny:

BTW can someone help me please? I need to know how to get that little thingie on the side of the post that tells my mood. Is there one that says Happy as a peach in Georgia?

BB2W
02-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I thought you wanted all the tears
There is plenty of crying here...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/seakleenex3.gif

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I know there is, but you all need to stop. It will be a better year soon.:bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Darn, I forgot to give my height and weight in my profile.

I.C. Lights
02-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey Princess, instead of reciting uninspired, banal avril lavignesque mantras to us, why don't you back up your allegations? Explain to us why that wasn't PI or why other calls were incorrect.

Brady12
02-07-2006, 12:18 AM

It's funny, i've never seen that call made too many times. I swear I saw Lelie pushing off on Samuel in the Divisionals, except they were running. I dunno, whatever games over.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Avril Lavignesque......LOL. I can picture it now. All you have to do is turn on MTV for two minutes and you can see what your talking to when responding to this person.

DIESELMAN
princess,princess,princess.....no tears and pity here girl.....just enjoying the sweet taste of victory.....one day you will know what that tastes like......yeah right :rofl:

fergusonat
You know it's funny...everybody seems to forget how the Steelers overcame the referees blatantly trying to hand the game to the Colts a few weeks back. Seattle had just as many chances to overcome these alleged "tragicly horrendous" calls, but in the end, they executed poorly. They lost. Period.

Obviously I'm not going to say the Steelers (notice how I didn't spell it "Stealers" Princess!) played their best game, but they made the plays when they had to

BB2W
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by BB2W

I know there is, but you all need to stop. It will be a better year soon.:bouncy:
Did you just come back with an "I know you are, but what am I"

It is really sad to see how you Seahawk fans are dealing with the loss...

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey Princess, instead of reciting uninspired, banal avril lavignesque mantras to us, why don't you back up your allegations? Explain to us why that wasn't PI or why other calls were incorrect.
Sorry I thought you guys all knew the rules of football here. It wasn`t PI because they were both doing the touchie feelie thing to each other. They were both slapping and pushing thinking the play was not coming their direction. Stevens saw the play coming and took of giving one last see ya later slap.
The ball clear in view from the side replay showed little ben on the ground and then pushing the ball over. The only thing to cross the plane of the goal line was his helmet.
The holding call was plane to see as bad, and Hasslebeck did not do anything wrong to get a 15 yard PF. The refs even said that was a bad call, but was no reviewable. That 15 yards gave the Stealers a chance to do their little trick play though, 15 yards back and that play can`t happen.:dang:

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:30 AM

Britney Spears generation. You know, an IQ of 24 and the personality of a brick wall. Only difference, in this case, I'm sure the looks the are not there.

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
You know it's funny...everybody seems to forget how the Steelers overcame the referees blatantly trying to hand the game to the Colts a few weeks back. Seattle had just as many chances to overcome these alleged "tragicly horrendous" calls, but in the end, they executed poorly. They lost. Period.

Obviously I'm not going to say the Steelers (notice how I didn't spell it "Stealers" Princess!) played their best game, but they made the plays when they had to
OMG now we are going back to the Colts game? LMAO! It was 1 (one) bad call get over it already.:dang: :blah: :blah: :blah:

I.C. Lights
02-07-2006, 12:34 AM
. They were both slapping and pushing thinking the play was not coming their direction. Stevens saw the play coming and took of giving one last see ya later slap.:

Avril, thank you for proving what we all already knew: you have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you stop posting before you disgrace yourself any more...

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:34 AM

We seem to be dealing with the loss better than you are dealing with the win. LOL!

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Thank you for proving what we all already knew. You have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you stop posting before you disgrace yourself any more...
Oh ok let me do that. I would hate to disgrace myself in this fine and upstanding den of theives.

Polamalus_Angel
02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Not jealous at all. You have a title we don`t want. Here in Washington if we have to steal something to have it we can wait till it`s ours fair and square. So keep the Lombardi, but keep it safe, after all we know how those people in Pitsburgh like to steal stuff. We will wait and lay claim to it soon enough.

Not for 10 years. We earned our ring you know it but if you gotta keep telling yourself that to make you feel better about ur 'hawks go right ahead.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 12:37 AM

her old avy kinda looked like she recently jumped on a few other things too

ChuckB22
02-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Now you guys know how it feels when people are saying you didn't deserve to win the Super Bowl. When Dallas beat your Steeler's in SB XXX, all I heard was "The Cowboys bought off Neil O'donnell". Karma came and bit ya in the butt.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Ummm....why are you still here? The season is over. You lost. Get over it honey. It's fine to move on. Or you could take the Cobain way out. Your supposedly in college. That means your something called an adult. Attempt to start acting like one. Your sitting on your computer, starting fights with people on an opposing teams MB. How sad is that? I'm sure mommy and daddy would want you to be studying at this point in time. Grow up. Your boring me now. I'm done with you.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Touchy feely thing???? WTF is that? Are you serious? Where the hell did you come from, and why do your parents let you use the computer so late???

Look at it again. Neither player was pushing the other before the Seachicken gave a full on push (not a slap) that actually changed position of the Steelers defender. If you can't see that, you are definately blind.

On the hold, it WAS a hold.... how the hell can you not call grabbing the shoulder of a rushing defender and turning him around. The refs caught that because of the fact that the rushing defender completely changed his direction....something that can't be done without some help!!!

Why the hell are you still crying about this crap....... Your words are nothing but
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:

AND, this is a Steelers fan site..... GO AWAY little girl!

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:42 AM
her old avy kinda looked like she recently jumped on a few other things too

LOL, no comment. Let's just say..................carpenters dream.

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Now you guys know how it feels when people are saying you didn't deserve to win the Super Bowl. When Dallas beat your Steeler's in SB XXX, all I heard was "The Cowboys bought off Neil O'donnell". Karma came and bit ya in the butt.
I love the Cowboys. When I was on vacation with my husband and little girl we went to a Cowboys game and Jerry Jones took the time to sign my daughters baby record book. My dad has Tom Landry`s:bouncy:

WWIIOwheelz
02-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Wait... Dallas? Do they still have a team? Oh yeah, they bought one of the Canadian franchises, didn't they? Someone help me here

augustashark
We seem to be dealing with the loss better than you are dealing with the win. LOL!:crying01:

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear.....The commish was just on the NFL network and said that the SB trophy is going to be stripped from Pittsburgh and given to Seattle!!!!!

:funny: :toofunny: :rofl: :laughing: :chuckle:

Grow up princess, if you want I can send you a gently used Barbie swan lake doll that my seven yr old daughter plays with. Better yet if you need a play date I can ask a few of her friends if their open later this week.:pity:

Koopa
why the **** would you want that old plastic face bitch jones autograph? i'd spit in his face if i had to meet that old fart

I.C. Lights
Oh ok let me do that. I would hate to disgrace myself in this fine and upstanding den of theives.

Well, that may be the only option you have left, and seeing as how your judgments concerning this "den of theives" are as presumptive and misinformed as your understanding of football you're doing a good job.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:48 AM
She's 19, married and has a kid Koopa. You nailed it on the head with your comment on the other page....LOL. Let's all take time out to pray for her little girl.

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Touchy feely thing???? WTF is that? Are you serious? Where the hell did you come from, and why do your parents let you use the computer so late???

Look at it again. Neither player was pushing the other before the Seachicken gave a full on push (not a slap) that actually changed position of the Steelers defender. If you can't see that, you are definately blind.

On the hold, it WAS a hold.... how the hell can you not call grabbing the shoulder of a rushing defender and turning him around. The refs caught that because of the fact that the rushing defender completely changed his direction....something that can't be done without some help!!!

Why the hell are you still crying about this crap....... Your words are nothing but
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:

AND, this is a Steelers fan site..... GO AWAY little girl!

Ok, I think someone needs to take a time out. You are way to upset and I hate to see you blow a blood vessel or something. I am not crying at all, but if it makes you feel better to think so it`s ok. If you like to believe everything you said go right ahead, you should enjoy you super bowl victory, no matter what the rest of the country thinks.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Some people should have to take a test before having kids. Mommy sits on the computer all day and acts like a complete idiot.

*STAMP* Rejected.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:52 AM
.......no matter what the rest of the country thinks.

Yet another clueless little person getting their conspiracy theory "facts" from ESPN.....

LOL.......check your source little girl......... ESPN is all about baiting you little people, and you've become the next big catch..........

ONE FOR THE THUMB......DONE!!!

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:53 AM
She's 19, married and has a kid Koopa. You nailed it on the head with your comment on the other page....LOL. Let's all take time out to pray for her little girl.
I`m soryy is there an age that you not allowed to be married and have a child or on the east coast do they just have children at 15 and not get married. As for praying for my daughter please don`t, she is already coverd in the right area.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:54 AM
She's 19, married and has a kid Koopa.

She has a Kid Koopa?????

.....sorry, I had to..... :grin:

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Some people should have to take a test before having kids. Mommy sits on the computer all day and acts like a complete idiot.

*STAMP* Rejected.
So the fact that you are here all day means what? The old lady is out working and bringing you home beer money so you can piss and moan about why everyone is picking on you?

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:56 AM
As for praying for my daughter please don`t, she is already coverd in the right area.

Oh okay. Daddy bringing in that goverment cheese. Please, stop now so I don't have to keep funding your welfare. For once, just keep them closed.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 12:57 AM

aaaa well i can't say anything about the kid, cause my sister is 17 and just had a son

ChuckB22
02-07-2006, 12:57 AM
ahhhhh......... silence is bliss!!!!!!!!!:cool:

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:58 AM
I love the Cowboys. When I was on vacation with my husband and little girl we went to a Cowboys game and Jerry Jones took the time to sign my daughters baby record book. My dad has Tom Landry`s:bouncy:

WHY do you think we care about your trip to a Dallas game.....

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY..... LITTLE GIRL.....

If you would actually talk intelligent football, maybe things would be different..........

I.C. Lights
02-07-2006, 12:58 AM
ahhhhh......... silence is bliss!!!!!!!!!:cool:

So is ignorance, apparently

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:59 AM
As for praying for my daughter please don`t, she is already coverd in the right area.

Oh okay. Daddy bringing in that goverment cheese. Please, stop now so I don't have to keep funding your welfare. Going by the maturity level you have shown in here, I will still continue to pray for that poor child. She needs it.

Funny part, mommy has a computer but I bet the baby doesn't have diapers....:sofunny:

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Oh okay. Daddy bringing in that goverment cheese. Please, stop now so I don't have to keep funding your welfare. For once, just keep them closed.
Really a classic comeback. I doubt you could fund anything in my life, but if you ask real nice maybe I would give you a job trimming my bushes and tending my flowers. You work for beer I assume.:blurp: :blurp:

83-Steelers-43
aaaa well i can't say anything about the kid, cause my sister is 17 and just had a son

Does your sister sit on a computer all day long and pick fights with people on a MB?

ChuckB22
lol,,, thats all you got??? I will be the better person and say Congrats on the victory.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Does your sister sit on a computer all day long and pick fights with people on a MB?

lol, nope

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Really a classic comeback. I doubt you could fund anything in my life, but if you ask real nice maybe I would give you a job trimming my bushes and tending my flowers. You work for beer I assume.:blurp: :blurp:

Well, yeah having NHL and NFL season tickets normally means I'm in the field of trimming bushes and tending flowers. lol. Right. By the way, I would go no where near your "garden", I'm sure enough men have tended to that garden. Thanks for the offer though....lol.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 01:03 AM
lol,,, thats all you got??? I will be the better person and say Congrats on the victory.

off topic, you live in michigan but you like the spurs and cowboys *hurricane tone* what's up wit that?

I.C. Lights
02-07-2006, 01:05 AM

There's more there than meets the eye. Try to figure it out, and congrats to you too.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 01:05 AM

:toofunny:

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Lets get one thing straight I sit in a chair and not on the computer. LOL JK
That`s me picking another fight. You do know what a chair is right?

augustashark
02-07-2006, 01:07 AM

ohhhh, I could name a few other objects that you sit on also!!!!!:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Personally, I didn't make any excuses when we have lost in the playoffs or Super Bowl. In 2001 I was upset because I felt we were the better team, but the better team doesn't always win. That's just the way "cookie crumbles".

Besides that, my hat is off to any team that has defeated us in the playoffs, Super Bowl or regular season. I don't make excuses. The final score is all I need to see.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:08 AM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

That's half her problem.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 01:10 AM

.....ooohhhh. and she's whitty too......... such a funny whitty little girl.......:pity:

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Well, yeah having NHL and NFL season tickets normally means I'm in the field of trimming bushes and tending flowers. lol. Right. By the way, I would go no where near your "garden", I'm sure enough men have tended to that garden. Thanks for the offer though....lol.
You are just so sweet not calling me a ***** out right or do you just not know a word for that either.

You know I came here to bury the hatchet and let the whole thing go and then I saw how mad everyone was because the entire country was saying bad things about your title. Maybe you should just lump it up and take it like big stealer fans and not worry about what the entire country thinks. Atleast get a new book of insults these are as stale as Bettis`s first TD.

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Name them then if you have any at all or are you just all talk?:bouncy: :bouncy:

-1 is that the best you big strong stealer fans can do?

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 01:15 AM
You know I came here to bury the hatchet and let the whole thing go
Doubt it!

....and not worry about what the entire country thinks.

Not worried......

Rotorhead
02-07-2006, 01:16 AM
ChuckB, you guys definately had the better team that year, the Steelers shouldnt have even been in that game but we had a very good game plan and were playing way out of this world that sunday. It is unfortunate our QB made those throws . . . especially that last one! What was he thinking. That was a good game though.

Princess, how do you figure we "stole" the trophy. That makes little to no sense. It is not like the Steelers paid anyone off. You are a moron because you are focusing your disappointment on the wrong people. You have a right to be upset, there were some bad calls for sure (but the PI was definately a PI, thank the Colts for that call), but there were some bad calls for the Seahawks as well (how bout the Hasselback fumble). Be an adult about your sadness though, sheesh. And if there was a "conspiracy" against the Hawks you have the League to blame, not the Steelers or their fans.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:17 AM
You are just so sweet not calling me a ***** out right or do you just not know a word for that either.

You know I came here to bury the hatchet and let the whole thing go and then I saw how mad everyone was because the entire country was saying bad things about your title. Maybe you should just lunp it and take it like big stealer fans and not worry about what the entire country thinks. Atleast get a new book of insults these are as stale as Bettis`s first TD.

lol, no comment on the stale comment. It's just too easy.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Name them then if you have any at all or are you just all talk?:bouncy: :bouncy:

-1 is that the best you big strong stealer fans can do?

No comment.

I.C. Lights
02-07-2006, 01:20 AM
You know I came here to bury the hatchet and let the whole thing go and then I saw how mad everyone was because the entire country was saying bad things about your title. Maybe you should just lunp it and take it like big stealer fans and not worry about what the entire country thinks. Atleast get a new book of insults these are as stale as Bettis`s first TD.

Something tells me that by your inability to sign-off and your need to respond to every post that you did not come here to bury the hatchet. Now please, prove me wrong and go away. You are causing this thread to devolve into personal insults and that is not what this forum is about. Please, please go away.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm done. I will pray for your kid. Show her some attention. Be a parent. Get off your ass and away from the computer.

Later. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #5 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm done. I will pray for your kid. Show her some attention. Be a parent. Get off your ass and away from the computer.

Later. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #5 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be a man and stop crying and she isn`t a kid she is a child. Goats have kids, but then I`m sure you have a few of those.

Princess Alexandreia
02-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Something tells me that by your inability to sign-off and your need to respond to every post that you did not come here to bury the hatchet. Now please, prove me wrong and go away. You are causing this thread to devolve into personal insults and that is not what this forum is about. Please, please go away.

I didn`t start the insults, but I will give back. Something you don`t do I take it. As for signing off, I don`t take orders from you, so sit and spin all you like. You have no idea what this thread is all about do you? It`s a feel sorry for us we won fair and square, but feel the need to cry. You are a pathetic and sorry person the only one lower than you is the creep that keeps insulting my family and my ability to be a good mother. Later waste of air. It`s 10:30 and time for me to go to bed.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Something tells me she'll be back tommorrow...... I hope I'm wrong!

EDIT: WAIT..... She's still here......nevermind......

10:38....still online....not gone to bed yet.......must....not...post.....reply............ .

10:45....finally got the strength to sign off, shut down the computer, and go to bed. Only took me 11 minutes....but I did it......

dudechris88
02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
""Trick questions for most people ..the "do you think"part.
Besides that opinion are like a$$holes and it looks like we found another..
Like we said all along we were the underdogs with all them people against us...""

Well i dont know where the steelers fans were the whole 2 weeks leading up to the superbowl because the whole nation was rooting for the steelers. even your "hated" Skip Bayless was rooting the steelers and bashing the hawks. :dang: Dont even give that underdog thing, after you beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds you were no longer underdogs. AND you were given a 4 point spread. so even statistacally you were the favorites. and you get the east-coast bias, plus detroit loves you because of betis and the fact that you are both poor down-trodden industrial cities. so please, dont try to cry underdog :rolleyes:

not that the hawks need to cry underdog too, but the steelers have no room to cry about it.

Rotorhead
02-07-2006, 02:00 AM
dude, you posted what alot of people think . . . so what. I think the reffing was poor as well. If you flip the score we could bitch about crappy calls towards us (hasselback fumble that wasn't, numeroud holding calls, etc) the fact is the reason you lost is because your team dropped too many passes (something they have a history doing) and didnt stop a few big plays and couldnt complete drives. Both teams played horribly and our team came out on top.

Rust-Buster
02-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, there were some poor calls, but would it have changed the outcome? I don't have a crystal ball. The Hawks should have stepped up more, Stevens dropped at least 3 passes in traffic. The Hawks stalled out on some good drives were they should have scored. Sure, I'm pissed of at some of the calls, but the Hawks didn't step up. You guys did that after that bad call against Troy in Indy. If the Hawks had done the same, we would have won.
Enjoy your Title. Next year in Miami. Oy!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 02:27 AM

"Bottom of the deck"?????

I'm going to have to start calling you Seahawks fans out.

State your case and lets debate this thing point by point.

....cause the only questionable call when you get right down to it was the call on Hasselbeck's block.

...but when we have several missed holding calls on the Seattle OL and the obviously missed block in the back on Roethlisberger on the 76 yard INT return, I think maybe Seattle benefitted the most from the missed calls.

But....let's see what you got. It's really time for you Seachicken fans to put up or shut up!

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 02:40 AM
"Bottom of the deck"?????

I'm going to have to start calling you Seahawks fans out.

State your case and lets debate this thing point by point.

....cause the only questionable call when you get right down to it was the call on Hasselbeck's block.

...but when we have several missed holding calls on the Seattle OL and the obviously missed block in the back on Roethlisberger on the 76 yard INT return, I think maybe Seattle benefitted the most from the missed calls.

But....let's see what you got. It's really time for you Seachicken fans to put up or shut up!

I'll call you out on one missed call you didn't mention.......

How about the obvious fumble by Stevens that was ruled an incomplete pass??? :busted::busted::busted:

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!!!

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 02:58 AM
I hate this. Thank you all so much for making me feel better about all this, but the sad thing is, I still don't believe our Steelers would have won this game without some shoddy calls by the referees. The Seahawks seemed to dominate both lines of scrimmage, and could just about move the ball at will when they didn't drop a pass or get called for a ticky tack penalty. I found this article expresses the way I feel best:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

I know you all hate me for this, but I'm hoping we get another shot at them next year on a level playing field. This one could have been a great game, had it not been for the referees.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Why are there so many columns out there like this one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

The humiliating thing is that only us Steeler fans think the more dominant team won the game. This sucks.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 03:16 AM
The Seahawks did dominate in the first half...I'll give you that! The Steelers did dominate in the second half...... but I guess you didn't see that???

But I will NEVER agree with that piece of shit article or any other half assed attempt to put this game in the hands of the officials! That is complete BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Look at the game man.......those calls were not bad calls.......I seriously don't know how the hell anyone can call them bad!!!

I can understand not wanting to have our team win with bad calls, but that's not what happened here.........

What's happening here is some people in the media are trying to take "questionable" calls and use them to get ratings for their own purposes! Questionable calls do not mean that they were incorrect, only that they can be questioned......and they can be questioed because they were all very close to being on either side of the call. However, IN ALL CASES WHERE CALLS WERE ACTUALLY MADE, there was only one that may have been a bad call, and that was the penalty on Hasslebak after his interception. And I still don't even KNOW if that was a bad call!!!

Notice that dumbarse who wrote that article didn't mention a fumble that was called an incomplete pass, or a blatent block in the back on Ben after his interception......or the numerous holding calls that SHOULD have been called on Seattle........

Come on man..... the Steelers WON that game because they made big plays when they needed them, and the Seahawks did not!!! Nothing else.....

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 03:19 AM
Why are there so many columns out there like this one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

The humiliating thing is that only us Steeler fans think the more dominant team won the game. This sucks.

There's not SO MANY....there's only a handfull, if that!!!!

And not only us Steeler fans think the more dominant team won!!!! You must have a very small area of influence if you think that!

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't know man. I know what you are saying, we made the big plays....but that's all we did. If we didn't have a few tricks up our sleeves, or some broken plays gone good, and one run that we caught them in the right defense....we would have had less than 100yds all night. On the other hand, Seattle had about 400yds in offense, fewer turnovers, and 80 yards in Penalties, not to mention another 80 yards and certain TD's called back on what looked to me to be ticky tack or outright bad calls. I'm glad we made the plays, and I love our team, but it sucks that we will have to live with the question marks....that's all.

GX624
02-07-2006, 03:45 AM
All this bullshit speculation makes me nuts!

Okay, so Jackson gets his touchdown and the Hawks are up 7-0. Who's to say Randal El doesn't run the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown? 7-7 And who's to say when the Steelers kick off, the returner doesn't fumble and the Steelers pick it up and go for another score? 7-14. If one play for one team happened differently, then every play for both teams would happen differently.

It's just so stupid to actually sit there and claim, "oh, the Hawks would have been up 17-0." How could anyone possibly *know* that, or claim that? It's insanity.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Ive lost all kinds of respect for ESPN these last few days...

GX624
02-07-2006, 04:38 AM
The Officials missed two field goals.
The Officials dropped 3 crucial passes killing 3 big drives for the Hawks.
The Officials threw three long passes (one a possible TD) just outside of bounds.
The Officials decided Alexander should run the ball with 35 seconds remaining in the half.
The Officials decided Holmgren's play call was incorrect and killed valuable seconds changing it after the huddle -- twice.
The Officials punted the ball 4 times for touchbacks.
The Officials let the Steelers' down a punt inside the ten.
The Officials gave Roethlisberger an extra 6 seconds on a 3rd and 28 to find Hines Ward near the end zone.
The Officials cleared the Hawks defensive line and carried Willie Parker 75 yards down field for a score.
The Officials intercepted Hasselbeck's ill-thrown pass.
The Officals didn't allow Jackson to catch a single pass after his first quarter penalty.
The Officials played a reverse-option and threw a perfect touchdown pass to Hines Ward.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Forgot one: The officials called a terribly one sided game.

It takes away from anything we actually earned in that game. It changed the momentum in a way that made the ultimate outcome appear one-sided on the scoreboard, while what you and I and the rest of the nation saw was a team that became a champion despite being entirely dominated statistically on both sides of the ball. It's just not the way any of us had hoped to do it. We are the champions, but I think most of the country would say it's with an asterisk. I'm not saying we might not have won it all if the refs had called a good game. We still may have come up with enough big plays to win it, and that would have been just fine. But we'll never know that. Right now the appearance is that the other team lost momentum due to bad officiating, shot themselves in the foot with bad place kicks, poor punting, bad clock management, and dropped passes. Can anyone honestly say we were the better team at the line of scrimmage, or man to man? If you can, its because you are wearing rose colored glasses. Their Offense moved up and down the field against our vaunted D at will, and their defense shut us down on 75% of our plays from scrimmage. We had a gadget play, a broken play that Ben made good, and a long run from a 2nd tier running back to win it. We were not the stronger team, but evidently a team of destiny. I guess that is fine for most of us. I'd just prefer that we were the more dominant team and won. That certainly was not the case.

steeler47
02-07-2006, 07:55 AM
That fat crybaby Mike Holmgren took his players back to Qwest field for a pity party, and they showed part of his speech on NFL Network. He said, "I knew we'd have a tough game against the Steelers, but I didn't know we'd have to play the guys in stripes too."

Now I seriously try to be objective, and not some dumb homer, so I'm going to ask you guys, hopefully impartial fans watching this game, was there REALLY that many bad calls in this game?

Let's start with what everyone seems to be calling "Phantom pass Interference" against Steverns. Yeah, you know the call. How the hell is that a bad call? He didn't just touch the guy with his arm, he PUSHED. That's a f*#king flag. Where this grievance coming from?

The TD that Ben ran in. Let me introduce exhibit A. (It's huge, so I'm linking it)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1...an/beleg3ue.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Tiberian/beleg3ue.jpg)

2nd look - http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...forthetd1tp.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2375/beninforthetd1tp.jpg)

Now you CAN argue that isn't definitive proof of a TD, and that the line and circle around the ball are generous. But I don't see how you can argue that with just a non zoomed slow motion video, the ref or side judge was supposed to know 100% what the call was supposed to be. I'm not buying the blatant ref pooch screw on this one either.

The hold that brought back a big gain that put the Seahawks on the 3 is supposed to be another "phantom" call. The replays show the guy called for holding was beside/behind Haggins, and had his hand shoved under a should pad and grabbing jersey. It was brief, and is all honesty didn't affect the play at all, but he still did it and got caught. Again, I'm not seeing the ref thowing the game for the Steelers.

The other hold clearly had Gray putting Haggins in a half nelson and falling on him, I don't know if anyone is bitching about that.

The 15 yard penalty for a low block that got called on Hasslebeck was bogus. No one in their right mind can make a case for that one. If their denfense would step up, and force 3 and out or even 6 and out, there's no major damage done and they can still take the lead.

The refs DIDN'T cause Hasslebeck to throw an awful pass straight to Ike Taylor, even though one of the holds cause that play to occur. They still could have turned that series into a TD or FG if he didn't throw that.

The refs DIDN'T have a thing to with Parker running 76 yards for 7.

The refs DIDN'T give up a gadget play that was carbon copy of the same gadget play from week 10. Did they watch film of these plays? ESPN and NFL network were talking about them all week and the Steelers didn't even come up with something new. As soon as El had the ball and running back to the right, the announcers, fans, and anyone watching that had seen the last play knew what was coming. Why didn't the Seahawks?

I'm really looking for someone to convince me there's hardcore rigging going on here. I was fine with fans crying and trolls coming to Steeler boards with sour grapes, but this Holmgren crap is ridiculous. He hasn't even manned up to the stupid clock management that happened at the end of BOTH HALVES, the drops from Stevens, or anything else his team did. It's all refs. Someone show me what I'm missing here, please.

Milkman
02-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Mike and Mike was killin' the walrus this morning!

Crybaby sound effects and songs about crying....classic stuff.

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I love when a fan from the other team pretends they are from the Burgh and are a Steelers fan.

PittsburghGirl
02-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Man......I missed a lot last night!:busted:

lawrencevillian
02-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I've also been hearing about how Seattle was the better team. Sometimes the stats don't mean you are going to win. Anyone remember the Steeler/ Texans game December 8, 2002? The Texans won even though the Steelers outgained them 422 yards to 47!!!! Time of possession 39:41 Steelers to 20:19 Texans!!!! The game was totally one sided to the Steelers favor but they could not put up the points. Texans won 24-6. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Seattle fans. As far as the calls in the Superbowl are concerned I feel none of them were blantent, and the Roethlisberger call was a good one. I saw the tip of the ball cross the plane plain as day. I Tivo'ed it over and over, and without a doubt it was good.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20021208_HOU@PIT

Now I'm off to the big parade.

Berniecarbo75
02-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Don't let the b_astards get you down. Congratulations Pittsburgh. I'm a Pats fan, but you guys deserve it. Don't let the terd talk ruin things for you. It happens with just about every Superbowl. Just be proud of it and enjoy it. and thanks for beating the Donkeys!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I'll call you out on one missed call you didn't mention.......

How about the obvious fumble by Stevens that was ruled an incomplete pass??? :busted::busted::busted:

DING! DING!!! DING!!!!!

We have a winner! Yet another missed call that went positively for the Seahawks! Thanks for correcting me, CASTEEL!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Man......I missed a lot last night!:busted:

all you missed was a few whining cry baby, sore loser, cant admit they couldnt do enough to win the game, pity party, whoa is me, lets blame someone else other than the team for losing, ridiculous, no respect, seahawk fans.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:23 PM
DING! DING!!! DING!!!!!

We have a winner! Yet another missed call that went positively for the Seahawks! Thanks for correcting me, CASTEEL!

I gotcha back man!!! :wink:

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
all you missed was a few whining cry baby, sore loser, cant admit they couldnt do enough to win the game, pity party, whoa is me, lets blame someone else other than the team for losing, ridiculous, no respect, seahawk fans.

...and those of us who were around trying our hardest to convince these morons that their point of view is asinine. Which was alot like :banging:

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 01:40 PM
GAWD This sucks. Another article that taints our championship:

Well, I enjoyed that training video on how not to officiate the Super Bowl. When do we play the actual game?

There's no need for me to go through a laundry list of the questionable calls against Seattle in Super Bowl XL ?Kevin Hench does a pretty good job of that.

The fact is, we were robbed ? all of us who love the NFL.

I don't feel that the refs stole this game from the Seahawks. I feel that the refs stole a great game from us, the fans of the other 30 teams. Nothing says that with better officiating, Seattle would have won. Nothing says that if Seattle goes up 17-14 after the phantom holding call on Sean Locklear, Big Ben can't march the Steelers down the field to win the game in the final minutes. But wow, I really would have liked to see him try.

Pittsburgh was robbed too. The Steelers were cheated out of proper recognition for the amazing feat they just accomplished. No team had ever won the Super Bowl without a home game in the playoffs. The Steelers surpassed the record held by last year's Patriots for the toughest set of opponents faced on the way to a championship (according to average regular-season record). They made some awesome plays: Willie Parker's touchdown run, the option pass, the great play call on a Deshea Townsend blitz.

But this will always be remembered as the Super Bowl that the referees screwed up.

Pittsburgh fans may say this is sour grapes. So throw out anything that any Seattle fan has to say. But I have never seen anything like this in terms of fans of the other 30 teams taking to the Internet and complaining about the result of a game. People who had nothing to gain from the Seahawks winning. People who picked the Steelers in many cases. Fans of the other 30 teams are not supposed to complain about the result of a Super Bowl. Something went wrong.

Nobody really put up good numbers in this game, and it won't surprise most of you that the Seattle players end up with better values than the Pittsburgh players. Seattle gained more yards, held the ball for longer than Pittsburgh did, and had a positive turnover margin. The one place where they were very clearly outplayed by Pittsburgh was on special teams, which I discuss below.

Here is the value of each player who ran the ball or was thrown a pass in Super Bowl XL according to the Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement (DPAR) system developed by Football Outsiders. To compute DPAR, the success of every single NFL play is judged based on yardage gained toward both a touchdown and a first down. Then each play gets compared to the NFL average on similar plays, based on down, distance, and other variables. We also adjust for the quality of the opposing defense, and you can read more about the system below.

Quarterbacks
Rk Player Team CP/AT YDS TD INT Total DPAR Pass DPAR Rush DPAR
1. Matt Hasselbeck SEA 26/49 273 1 1 3.9 1.5 2.4
2. Ben Roethlisberger PIT 9/21 123 0 2 -2.2 -4.9 2.7
Yes, that's right, Ben Roethlisberger's value was negative, despite his rushing touchdown. This was the worst performance by the winning quarterback in Super Bowl history. I'm sure he doesn't mind given the outcome of the game, and I have a feeling he'll be back again. He won't play this badly next time.

Running backs
Rk Player Team Rush YDS Rush TD Rec YDS Rec TD Total DPAR Rush DPAR Rec DPAR
1. Shaun Alexander SEA 95 0 2 0 2.6 4.3 -1.8
2. Willie Parker PIT 93 1 1 0 1.1 1.4 -0.3
3. Maurice Morris SEA 6 0 0 0 0.2 0.0 0.2
4. Jerome Bettis PIT 43 0 0 0 -0.2 -0.2 0.0
5. Verron Haynes PIT 2 0 0 0 -0.4 -0.4 0.0
6. Mack Strong SEA 7 0 15 0 -0.7 0.5 -1.2
In my preview of this game, I noted that since November no running back had a carry over 15 yards against Seattle. Willie Parker took care of that, although he didn't do much on the play ? after some great blocks, there was just nobody in front of him. Terrible overpursuit by Michael Boulware created the hole. Other than this run, Parker and Bettis averaged fewer than three yards per carry.

Wide receivers and tight ends
Rk Player Team REC ATT YDS AVG TD Total DPAR
1. Hines Ward PIT 5 11 123 24.6 1 4.5
2. Joe Jurevicius SEA 5 8 93 18.6 0 3.9
3. Antwaan Randle El PIT 3 5 22 7.3 0 2.9
4. Bobby Engram SEA 6 9 70 11.7 0 1.4
Ward earns 1.1 DPAR for his 18-yard end around. Randle El earns 2.7 DPAR for his option touchdown pass.
Also: Ryan Hannam 0.2 DPAR, Cedrick Wilson 0.0 DPAR, D.J. Hackett -0.2 DPAR, Darrell Jackson -0.3 DPAR and for crying out loud learn where the sidelines are, Nate Washington -0.6 DPAR, Jerame Tuman -0.9 DPAR, and your goat of the game, despite a touchdown catch.
11. Jerramy Stevens SEA 3 8 25 8.3 1 -1.0

Special teams
We haven't included special teams in Quick Reads this year, but we do measure them, and Seattle's special teams were very bad except for kickoff coverage.

NFL kickers will hit 55 percent of field goals from 50 yards out and 49 percent from 53 yards out ? and those rates are in all weather conditions. In a dome, there's no question Brown should have hit at least one of two field goals.

As for Tom Rouen, he was just horrible. Every single one of his punts registered as below the league average for net value on punts from that location on the field. This is even more astonishing because the averages we use in our formulas are based on previous seasons and this year, punt returns were much shorter than previous seasons. Nearly every punter in the league was "above average" this year when the average is based on 2000-04.

Rouen's punt from his own 35-yard line ended up at the Pittsburgh 36. The average punt from the 35-yard line this season ? including both returned and unreturned punts ? ended up at the opposing 26. Rouen's four touchbacks came from his own 43, 48, and 49-yard lines, and the Pittsburgh 47. The average for punts this season from those four positions ended up at the opposing 21, 17, 15, and 16 yard lines, respectively. Based on the number of times punters hit touchbacks this year from each position on the field, the probability that four punts from those locations would all go for touchbacks is 1 in 515.

So for Rouen to keep kicking it into the end zone, the punt coverage team unable to even once down the ball, is pathetic. It's the main reason why Seattle couldn't score in the first half ? they would gain yards to get good field position, only to give it away on the punt.

How DPAR works
The success of every single NFL play is judged based on yardage gained toward both a touchdown and a first down. Then each play gets compared to the NFL average on similar plays, based on down, distance, and other variables. Players are judged not based on how many yards they get, but on how important those yards are in the context of the game. Once we have enough data for the season, we also adjust for the quality of the opposing defense. Each player's performance is then translated into an approximate number of actual points that such success (or failure) is worth when compared to a generic bench scrub (also called a "replacement player," or, by his parents, "Billy Joe").

When all offensive, defensive, and special teams plays are added together for one team, the result comes very close to the actual difference between points scored and allowed.

Among the advantages of this system:

Gives value for first downs, which are never discussed by conventional statistics even though they are the most important part of sustaining drives.

Does not punish players on offenses that are always in bad field position because of poor defense, nor does it punish quarterbacks who are always stuck in third-and-long because of a poor running game.

Players receive bonuses when they play well against good defenses, and they don't get rated as world-beaters when they shred the 49ers.

Quarterbacks get credit if they can run, and get penalized for sacks if they can't recognize or avoid a pass rush. Running backs get credit if they gain yards out of the backfield.

Judges players not only on receptions but on all passes, because the blame for incomplete passes should fall on both the quarterback and the receiver.

Punishes players not only for turnovers, but for all fumbles, because research shows that jumping on a loose ball is entirely random. (We all know that the officials just award the ball to whichever team is pointing more strenuously.) Different fumbles have different penalties depending on how often that type of fumble is recovered by the defense.

Five-yard gain on third-and-10? Worthless!

Actual points! Easy to understand!

The system cannot yet split the responsibility for a play between 11 players on the field, so be aware that a player's rating will be influenced by the talents of his teammates and the offensive system in which he plays. (This is especially true for a quarterback and his receivers, and for a running back and his offensive line.)

An even longer explanation of these numbers can be found here.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 01:46 PM
And another one....Ugh

Bobcat Jeffrey Maehl scored 20 points Friday.
Vince Vosti - Sports Editor

Nobody believes they unfairly criticize officiating.
And that goes double for me, as I'm sure it does for you as well.

I am oh so hesitant to lay the outcome of any sporting event at the feet of the men and women who are only noticed when they seem to have messed up. It is just too convenient, and oftentimes that criticism speaks much more to one's personal bias than it does to the actual job as performed by an officiating crew.

I guess, therefore, I must be a closet Seattle Seahawks fan. I never really knew it before, but after watching Super Bowl Extra Large, it is the only conclusion at which I can fairly arrive.

To my lyin' eyes, the Seahawks were flat-out robbed, if not of the outcome, than of something terribly close to just that.

Let me state for the record that I did not have a rooting interest in Sunday's Super Bowl. I did not own a square in someone's pool; I did not race to Reno to place a bet on the outcome, the over-under or who would win the coin toss. I did not purchase a Terrible Towel to wave or deface. I just wanted to watch a quality football game in the hope of seeing something special.

Instead, I felt as if I were watching something entirely different than the sport I love to watch, and once loved to play.

So much for instant replay. So much for how many officials work a Super Bowl?

The push off. The hold. The ball crossing the goal line. I'm sure a Steelers fan could make a passionate case for why each call was justified in going the way of Pittsburgh. One could certainly argue that the Steelers would have scored a touchdown on the next play, anyway, or that Seattle would have been denied well one of those touchdowns, in any case.

I'd love to hear their explanation, however, of how someone can be called for a chop block when they are, in fact, making a tackle. That would rank right up there with someone being called out on strikes while receiving an intentional walk, which I have yet to see.

Now, however, I am bracing for that as we speak, and we are not even to spring training yet.

My usual argument against blaming officiating is that a team should never put themselves in a position where one call whichever way it goes can determine a team's fate. And in any case, the calls will somewhat even themselves out over the course of a game. Which they almost always do.

But the questionable calls in the Super Bowl seemed to come at crucial times, making it appear the Seahawks were playing against two teams the Steelers and the Zebras.

Appearances would look a little better if referees could get that yellow hanky out of the pocket faster (the push off), or if officials would not signal a spot to the ball before suddenly signaling a touchdown, as was the case with the awarded touchdown on the keeper by Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger.

Achtung!

I know a fix was not in. I don't buy into conspiracy theories that easily. The argument that the game was fixed to fulfill the Jerome Bettis swan song holds no more water with me than an argument the NFL would want a first-time team such as Seattle to win the game. Nor do I subscribe to the this-is-an-extension-of-Mike Holmgren's-feud-with-officiating-writ-large theory.

To buy into that type of thinking is to willfully assassinate someone's character.

I don't think the officials were on the take.

I just sadly conclude that they stepped onto the biggest football stage there is and did a gainer.

Only the joke is on us.

SteelersFever
02-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Bill Cowher expressed it best. When asked about the referees ... He simply said 21-10. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! ONE FOR THE THUMB BABY!!! NOBODY CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!!!

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
SteelersGuru....come on man... enough already!!! This shit is gonna die down, people are not going to remember this forever as the SB that the refs screwed up, unless they want to...and I don't, and I REFUSE to let the refs and all the crybabies steal this moment!!! And you too should refuse this nay-say crap. The Steelers won that game fair and square!!!

The talking heads are doing just that....talking...and it just happens to be a bunch of shit they are talking right now. You can drive yourself nuts looking for every article you can find about this if you want, and you will for some time, untill someone in the media has the balls to actually call these idiots out and put a stop to it. Which will probably not happen, because this is such a hot topic and will get such great ratings for anyone who wants to pur some more fuel on it!!! Eventually, even the biggest fire will burn out once it runs out of fuel!!! :grin:

This is such a fine example of the lows that the media sinks to nowdays.....creating news instead of just reporting it!!!

SteelCityWarrior
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Fact of the matter is that Pittsburgh overcame some bad officiating to win that game in Indy. Look, sometimes officials make some poor calls but there aint jack you can do about it. If Seattle was really a championship team they would have won the game.

Oh yeah, winners win and losers whine. I'm sure it sucks for 'Hawks fans and I feel for them but I don't feel that much for them. If their team was truly great it would have overcome any obstacles in front of it to win.

Ok you are all out of the lines here. First of all you`re all crying and worried about what the rest of the world thinks. Who really cares? I sure don`t they can kiss my one for the thumb. Good calls bad call it will never matter after a couple of weeks. Then you let these little pukes from the seattle board come in here and ride rough shot over you and that little queenie from seattle made you all look like name calling losers. Come on calling her every name from here to sundown and talking about her kid. You are some real loser saps. If you are going to play her game atleast play it well and not like you need to find a hole to bury your head in. No wonder you are all worried about what everyone else thinks. We have the win, we have the ring we have the trophy and we have the respect of every Pittsburgh Steeler fan in the world, to hell with the rest of them. So stopyou whining and crying and for the sake of Steelerhood stop talking about the damn officiating in the colts game that is way old and not worth beans now, I`m even tired of hearing about it. You all need to move on and let those losers from seattle and every where else eat cake, Because we got the whole pie baby and it`s any kind you like.

Kaish15
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM

and

and

Perfect post. I'll print this too. I'm making a scrapbook for my Hawk friends.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Warrior, its not that we care what the world thinks, we're just tired of hearing all the whining period! Especially on OUR Steelers board.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
It seems like this is spreading like wild fire across the world. Found this published in a Canadian paper.

Referees steal shine from Steelers' victory
Tagliabue's league is in throes of an officiating crisis

Jason Whitlock, The Kansas City Star
Published: Tuesday, February 07, 2006
DETROIT - What crime-ridden, boarded-building, automotive-industry-ravaged, snowy Detroit couldn't do, an NFL officiating crew pulled off with relative ease in front of plenty of bored-silly football fans inside beautiful Ford Field.

Sports' and television's most indestructible beast -- the Super Bowl -- met its match in the 40th playing of the game the world stops to watch.

The inevitable finally happened. A group of middle-aged executives trying to keep pace with a group of highly trained 20-something athletes destroyed America's sports holiday.

Pittsburgh's one-for-the-thumb Super Bowl will be remembered as the game when physically overmatched referees and heads-buried NFL executives flipped non-Steelers fans an XL middle finger.

Simply put, the performance of referee Bill Leavy and his crew overshadowed Pittsburgh's heroics and Seattle's blunders.

Paul Tagliabue's league has an officiating crisis. Bogus, inconsistent flag-throwing and rule-interpreting is making the national pastime difficult to take seriously. So far, only Joey Porter has demonstrated the necessary courage to address what we all see.

Many of these part-time, 50-year-old referees don't know what they're doing and can't keep up with the action.

Porter fumed when the refs nearly stole Pittsburgh's playoff victory over Indianapolis by overturning a Troy Polamalu interception.

Porter probably won't address the first-quarter touchdown that Sunday's referees stole from the Seahawks. Hasselbeck avoided pressure and hit Darrell Jackson in the back of the end zone with a beautiful strike. The Pittsburgh cornerback immediately turned to back judge Bob Waggoner and begged for an offensive pass- interference call. After a couple of seconds of thought, Waggoner granted the Pittsburgh request and erased Seattle's hard-earned touchdown.

The Seahawks settled for a field goal. Had they not been robbed of the four points, they would have ended the game with the ball and the opportunity to drive for a game-tying touchdown.

Seattle was victimized by two other questionable first-half calls--including the 1-yard TD run the refs awarded Roethlisberger when he seemed a few inches short of the goal line--but the final backbreaking call helped set up Pittsburgh's game-icing, reverse, wide-receiver-pass-to-Ward touchdown early in the fourth quarter.

Ike Taylor intercepted Hasselbeck deep in Pittsburgh territory. Hasselbeck stopped Taylor at the Pittsburgh 29 with a perfectly executed form tackle across Taylor's knees. The refs flagged Hasselbeck for illegally "blocking" Taylor across his knees and gave the Steelers 15 additional yards.

The Seahawks justifiably can complain that Sunday's one-sided officiating disrupted their offensive rhythm and undermined their focus. The officiating had to creep inside their head.

And NFL fans need to acknowledge that there's something terribly wrong with professional football. This year's playoffs were horrible. Sunday's Super Bowl stands as an appropriate symbol of the 2006 playoffs--boring and poorly officiated.

We are too technologically advanced, and the NFL is overrun with too much money to put up with the kind of officiating errors that are ruining the pro game. The league needs younger, full-time referees on the field and a three-man officiating team sitting in the press box supervising what is called on the field. All calls -- including ones like the offensive pass-interference call that killed Seattle -- should be subject to quick review and overturning.

You don't need an official on the field to stick his head underneath a blanket draped over a camera to review calls. Those decisions can be made in a press-box suite. Instead of stopping the game for commercial timeouts on nearly every change of possession or when a coach just wants to stop the clock, the game should go to a commercial timeout whenever a critical penalty needs to be reviewed in the booth.

Also, the officiating crew should be forced to address the media and defend their decisions. It's ridiculous that the media are allowed to confront players, coaches, executives and owners, but the guys who can easily change the course of a game with one questionable decision are pretty much off limits.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 04:23 PM
You just can't stop yourself can you??? Truely sad!

Here's one for you Guru......

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5187

And there will be more..... so just stop with your "The world hates us" crap..... WHO CARES!!!!

blitzburghXL
02-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I thought the officiating in the Super Bowl was better than most i've seen all year. I still think the NFL should hire some full-time referees though.

vinella
02-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Congratulations on your Super Bowl "win". Enjoy it. Even I like seeing Bettis go out with a win. But DON'T even try to defend the officials. You have the trophy. No one is coming to take it away. But it IS tainted, no matter how much you want it not to be. John Madden said it, at least 12 sports columnists I've read online the past two days - NONE from Seattle - said it, Ben Roethlisberger said it on Letterman: he didn't score and Darrel Jackson didn't push off. He extended his arm to find out where the defender was and didn't effect the defender's body positioning AT ALL. You leave all the Seahawks' mistakes in place - the dropped passes, "penalties", interception - and just throw out those two penalties - which only you homers don't think were blown calls - and here's the score:

Seahawks 17/Steelers 14

I'm outta here. Believe it or not, I'm happy for you guys. I like Pittsburgh and if we are going to get screwed, better the Steelers than the 49ers, Rams, Colts, Pts, etc. BUT, we did get screwed. The trophy is in Pittsburgh. Be happy. Enjoy the moment. But don't think you're going to just wish away the knowledge that the refs decided the game because you're not.

PittsburghGirl
02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Of course this guy wold bash & Run!!!

SeaChicken! :boxing:

PittsburghGirl
02-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Maybe he should look a little harder at the facts of today and see that yes- Ben did say he THOUGHT he didn't make it- BUT after reviewing the tape LAST night- he thought differently- I'm not sure why I'm wasting me breath- Guess it's just the Black & Gold Running full steam through my blood right now! :boxing:

augustashark
02-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Are you sure that it could have been the rams or the niners? That would have made for an odd superbowl, don't you think!

vinella
02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, I don't have to run, if you like. I can stay and bat this crap around with you guys as long as you like. I'll come back and look at the responses but it won't change anything. I just finished reading Michael Smith's and Skip Bayless' columns on espn.com. Bayless HATES the Seahawks and even he said the refs stole the game. Like it, don't like it; makes no difference: there are MILLIONS of people who think the Steelers got a gift. We can chat all you want, call each other names, you can call me SeaChicken (which we call each other up here; to us it's a joke, not an insult), we can do this for months on end, if you like. I own my own business and get spots of time free during the day. I'll check in. But it changes nothing. If what I said about enjoying the moment is only possible for you if the whole world bows down to the mighty Steelers and says, "yes, yes, you kicked Seattle's asses!"...Then you're not going to enjoy your moment. We've bitched and we'll keep on bitching, until we stop. But I think this whole crock about the Steelers being the more "physical" team was exposed last Sunday. You got to Matt Hasselbeck less than any team we played in the playoffs. Was that the "great", "menacing" defense? Needs a lot of work.

justplaythegame21
02-07-2006, 05:09 PM

and

and

Thanks for making this post it is spot on.

vinella
02-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow. That really put me in my place! Couldn't think of anything to say yourself?

Changes nothing. You got a gift. Deal with it.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow. That really put me in my place! Couldn't think of anything to say yourself?

Changes nothing. You got a gift. Deal with it.

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!

Da Bears
02-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Yo dudes, it took me a bit to find your best site for your team, but I think this is it. I brought you guys a bit of the ointment to help with all these idiots who are riding your team. Face it it`s done and there`s nothing anyone can do about it so just relax and enjoy the victory. I just wish Da Bears had been there that way you guys wouldn`t have to be going through all this because we would have the trophy. So take one of these and relax, Da Bears will see ya all next season.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Vinnie...I'm a Steeler fan and to a point I agree with what you are saying...as does the rest of the country/world in this ESPN vote it seems :

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?incomming=1&event_id=2011&question14842=60638&question14843=60642&question14844=60645&question14845=60648&question14846=60651&question14847=60654&question14848=60657&question14849=60660&question14850=60661&question14851=60664

The thing that gripes me most about it is we will never truly know who would have won this game had the pinstripes called a fair game. I hope it would have been my Steelers, but some of those calls definitely took points off the board for your team and resulting in points on the board for mine. I am a Steeler fan, so Im happy that we got the better end of any poor calls, but at the same time it was so bad that I being a Steeler fan saw just what you did. I cheered at the time, but looking back now, it got to the point of ridiculous. So ridiculous that the entire world is calling the NFL out on it like it was a conspiracy. I don't think anyone here really believes that, but poor job by the officials...absolutely. The saddest thing to me is the black-eye result for the NFL. I love this game, and would hate to see the game diminish to the point of where Boxing has been. We do need full time officials. With the kind of money we spend on tickets, and pay these players....why in the heck do we want to leave the results in the hands of part-timers. It's a serious crock.

TexaSteeler
02-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Vinnie...I'm a Steeler fan and to a point I agree with what you are saying...as does the rest of the country/world in this ESPN vote it seems :

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?incomming=1&event_id=2011&question14842=60638&question14843=60642&question14844=60645&question14845=60648&question14846=60651&question14847=60654&question14848=60657&question14849=60660&question14850=60661&question14851=60664

The thing that gripes me most about it is we will never truly know who would have won this game had the pinstripes called a fair game. I hope it would have been my Steelers, but some of those calls definitely took points off the board for your team and resulting in points on the board for mine. I am a Steeler fan, so Im happy that we got the better end of any poor calls, but at the same time it was so bad that I being a Steeler fan saw just what you did. I cheered at the time, but looking back now, it got to the point of ridiculous. So ridiculous that the entire world is calling the NFL out on it like it was a conspiracy. I don't think anyone here really believes that, but poor job by the officials...absolutely. The saddest thing to me is the black-eye result for the NFL. I love this game, and would hate to see the game diminish to the point of where Boxing has been. We do need full time officials. With the kind of money we spend on tickets, and pay these players....why in the heck do we want to leave the results in the hands of part-timers. It's a serious crock.

You're not a Steeler's fan so stop acting like you are one. But congratulations, I'm recommending you (SteelersGuru) for everyone's "Ignore" list. You just made mine.

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Yep he definitely is not a fan and is surely not from the Burgh.

TexaSteeler
02-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Congratulations on your Super Bowl "win". Enjoy it. Even I like seeing Bettis go out with a win. But DON'T even try to defend the officials. You have the trophy. No one is coming to take it away. But it IS tainted, no matter how much you want it not to be. John Madden said it, at least 12 sports columnists I've read online the past two days - NONE from Seattle - said it, Ben Roethlisberger said it on Letterman: he didn't score and Darrel Jackson didn't push off. He extended his arm to find out where the defender was and didn't effect the defender's body positioning AT ALL. You leave all the Seahawks' mistakes in place - the dropped passes, "penalties", interception - and just throw out those two penalties - which only you homers don't think were blown calls - and here's the score:

Seahawks 17/Steelers 14

I'm outta here. Believe it or not, I'm happy for you guys. I like Pittsburgh and if we are going to get screwed, better the Steelers than the 49ers, Rams, Colts, Pts, etc. BUT, we did get screwed. The trophy is in Pittsburgh. Be happy. Enjoy the moment. But don't think you're going to just wish away the knowledge that the refs decided the game because you're not.

Cuz the Steelers wouldn't have scored on fourth and an inch? Best case we score a TD anyway and worst case a FG. Even in your fantasy world you either lost or were likely to loose.

lotas
02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so I dunno what is being discussed currently but I just wanted to say I am from Washington and I haven't lived anywhere else since I was born, I'm not 18 and I've been a Steelers fan for ten years.

The Seahawks have absolutely terrible fans...I watch little interviews and shows about Steelers and the Steel city and it blows me away. I am sorry Seattle but your Seahawk fans are TERRIBLE...it is nothing like real football fans/teams...I mean it's almost sad and pathetic...

blackngoldbaby
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
HEY IF THE SEASQUACKS WERE SO GOOD THEN WHY DIDNT THEY OVER COME THOSE COUPLE OF PENALTYS! FACE IT SEASQUACKS WE WON THE GAME!!!STEELERS ARE 2005 SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPIONS!!:sign01: :sign08: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :blurp: ohh and one more thing seasquacks i really advise that u get a new head coach because mike homegren is a sore loser!:yep: MIKE HOMEGREN :sign06:

Ghoolie
02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I rooted my ass off for the Steelers all playtoff season long. it took a hell of a lot of great football to bring me, a Browns fan to cheering for the enemey. The fact of the matter is the Steelers played bad and still kicked the snot out of Seattle. If winning when you playt bad is not the mark of a superior team I don't knwo what is.

Holmgren is a vagina spelled with 4 letters beginning with the letter C. The guy looks like Wolford Brimely and should be selling oatmeal and talking about bowell movements. His team was unprepared and they laid a bid turd in Detroit.

As one other poster mentioned, who's fault are the dropped passes? out of bounds passes? sacks? Alexander getting stuffed? Missed field goals? Hey how about Hassel-Couch's GREAT time management skills with 30 seconds to go? That 6 yard slant pass, 3 yards from the sideline really helped the Seahawks by killing the clock. I suppose that is the refs fault, too.

Fahk Seattle. Fahk their fans, their fat axx coach, their whiney reporters and anyone stupid enough to bet on the losers.

The bastidges played the easiest schedule in the NFL, they had a bye week and they lost by a 2 :1 ration on a STEELER OFF DAY.

You wanna talk ifs?

IF the refs BLOW the Roth TD call? BETTIS POUNDS IT IN ON FOURTH DOWN.......... Anyone wanna argue that? Of course not.

If Ben throws the ball to the back of the endzone it goes to 21-3 and the Steelers would have POUNDED the Seahawks unmrcifully. What do these pricks want? They got an uncharacteristic int from Ben and it turned into a TD. How many frigging breaks to these scum-sucking, spineless battered women want?

Screw Seattle, they join Buffalo as LOSERS.

I heard Holmgren got a new tatoo on his big fat ass............... it says WELCOME HOME STEELERS.

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I rooted my ass off for the Steelers all playtoff season long. it took a hell of a lot of great football to bring me, a Browns fan to cheering for the enemey. The fact of the matter is the Steelers played bad and still kicked the snot out of Seattle. If winning when you playt bad is not the mark of a superior team I don't knwo what is.

Holmgren is a vagina spelled with 4 letters beginning with the letter C. The guy looks like Wolford Brimely and should be selling oatmeal and talking about bowell movements. His team was unprepared and they laid a bid turd in Detroit.

As one other poster mentioned, who's fault are the dropped passes? out of bounds passes? sacks? Alexander getting stuffed? Missed field goals? Hey how about Hassel-Couch's GREAT time management skills with 30 seconds to go? That 6 yard slant pass, 3 yards from the sideline really helped the Seahawks by killing the clock. I suppose that is the refs fault, too.

Fahk Seattle. Fahk their fans, their fat axx coach, their whiney reporters and anyone stupid enough to bet on the losers.

The bastidges played the easiest schedule in the NFL, they had a bye week and they lost by a 2 :1 ration on a STEELER OFF DAY.

You wanna talk ifs?

IF the refs BLOW the Roth TD call? BETTIS POUNDS IT IN ON FOURTH DOWN.......... Anyone wanna argue that? Of course not.

If Ben throws the ball to the back of the endzone it goes to 21-3 and the Steelers would have POUNDED the Seahawks unmrcifully. What do these pricks want? They got an uncharacteristic int from Ben and it turned into a TD. How many frigging breaks to these scum-sucking, spineless battered women want?

I heard Holmgren got a new tatoo on his big fat ass............... it says WELCOME HOME STEELERS.

LOL....welcome to the board..... :grin:

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Refs made it an 'Extra Lame' bowl

Complaining about officiating is a time-honored sports tradition. It's much easier to believe your team got screwed than it got whupped because anger is more manageable than sadness.

It's sour grapes, plain and simple.

But, America, please forgive Seahawks fans if they sound a little bitter and paranoid after the rest of the country got its sweet, little fairy tale with Jerome Bettis winning Super Bowl XL in his hometown of Detroit.

It just seems a bit too tidy, considering how things went down.

Here's the rub: No intelligent person, and that includes Pittsburgh fans, watched the Steelers 21-10 "victory" and believed it was well-officiated. Period.

And every -- EVERY -- call went against the Seahawks.

Seahawks fans promise to stop being paranoid just as soon as the NFL proves it isn't out to get them.

The Seahawks, who were tied for second-fewest penalties in the NFL this year, were flagged seven times for 70 yards. Three were critical. Two were dubious. Another flag was so stupid the official explanation didn't actually make any sense.

As for head linesman Mark Hittner's oh-what-the-hell delayed touchdown call on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's 1-yard touchdown dive? Think the officials want that tape taken to the FBI crime lab?

The Steelers, who were tied for sixth-fewest penalties this year, suffered just three horrible hankies for 20 yards. Two were false starts on their first possession. The third was offensive pass interference on rookie tight end Heath Miller deep in Seattle territory in the second quarter. That call will inspire no wringing of hands, even from Miller.

Thereafter, apparently, the Steelers felt guilty and decided not to break the rules for the next 35 minutes. Jerome probably wanted it that way.

Apoplectic Seahawks fans are not alone. ESPN.com's Michael Smith pointed this out Monday in a story ripping the officials: "The Seahawks lost 161 yards to penalties when you combine the penalty yards (70) and the plays the flags wiped out (91). By halftime alone, when it trailed 7-3, Seattle had had 73 hard-earned yards and a touchdown eliminated."

Let's rewind.

Matt Hasselbeck hits Darrell Jackson for a 16-yard touchdown pass for a 7-zip lead?

Nope. The incidental contact that occurs on nearly every NFL passing play was, actually, offensive interference -- at least the officials decided so after safety Chris Hope stomped and huffed and demanded a flag, perhaps insisting that Jerome wanted it that way.

Beleaguered tight end Jerramy Stevens makes a spectacular catch inside the Steelers 2-yard line setting up what surely would have been a Shaun Alexander touchdown run and 17-14 Seahawks lead early in the fourth quarter?

Nope. Seems that offensive tackle Sean Locklear's incidental hooking (which occurs on nearly every NFL play from scrimmage) on his block of Clark Haggans (who was offside) was too dastardly to ignore.

Maybe the officials were calling the game tightly.

Nope. Only two plays later, Steelers linebacker Joey Porter used an illegal "horse collar" tackle on Alexander, and the officials decided to let it slide, even though that would have transformed a third-and-18 on the Steelers 34 to a first down on their 19.

"Penalties, as much as anything, were the story of the game," Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said. "That's unfortunate. And that might be the first time I've said that in my life."

Here's the comic relief.

After the no-call on the horse collar, Hasselbeck tossed a critical interception to cornerback Ike Taylor. Hasselbeck then, apparently, forgot which team he plays for and tried to throw a block in order to spring Taylor. Only he threw a "low block," according to the game's official book.

So not only does he toss a pick and then try to block for an opposing player, but he also gets called for a 15-yard penalty.

Most folks would figure that Hasselbeck was trying to TACKLE Taylor. Seeing Hasselbeck is a quarterback lacking tackling skills, he went low. But the officials decided it was a block. Only Hasselbeck was credited with a tackle on the play.

(The official explanation is he went low on a guy trying to block him, which is against the rules on a change of possession. But the fact that he made the tackle erases, at least for a reasonable person, his potential motivation based on the result. It was a tackle.)

Like we said: Stupid.

Steelers fans should be angry, too. For one, they know how this feels, see their playoff game vs. Indianapolis, when they were the interlopers ruining the heartwarming tale.

Moreover, the execrable officiating cheapens their championship because it's what folks are talking about now, not the glory of Bettis.

Is all this an accusation -- J'Accuse! -- like Porter's ranting about the terrible officiating in the Indianapolis game?

Yes. No. Who knows?

It's just too bad -- for everyone -- that the officials made sure Super Bowl XL wasn't "Extra Large," as the joke went, but "Extremely Lame."

vinella
02-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Blather on all you want. We would. But it changes nothing. You were given the Super Bowl. You didn't "whip" anybody. Wah-Wahh-Wah, Boo-Hoo, we're not getting our Big Day without a Discouraging Word. The trophy's not enough? Nothing changes the fact that millions of people think you were handed the game and that it was decided by the officials. Use any size type you want. You got a gift. Deal with it.

Hammer67
02-07-2006, 10:15 PM
No one can deny there were questionable calls during the game. But before Holmgren and Latte Nation start whining about playing "the guys in the striped shirts as well,'' perhaps a history lesson is in order.

The striped shirts didn't cause tight end Jerramy Stevens to drop four passes. The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up a Steelers first down on a third-and-28 situation (which later led to the Roethlisberger disputed TD). The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up the longest touchdown run in Super Bowl history. They also didn't cause Etric Pruitt to sprint up from his safety position, only to be fooled by the trick play that resulted in Randle El's 43-yard TD pass to Ward (and by the way, if everyone knows the Steelers like to run gadget plays near midfield, don't you think the Seahawks knew it too?). Or cause Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to throw a killer interception with nearly 11 minutes left in the game and Seattle trailing by only four points.

Enough already with the whining. The Seahawks had their chances. Plenty of them to overcome the Steelers and, if they insist, the refs, too.

Holmgren, who didn't exactly distinguish himself in the waning minutes of both halves, is no doubt suffering some post-Super Bowl anger. Perfectly understandable, especially in front of the thousands who greeted the team upon its return to Seattle. But days, weeks, months from now, when he's able to think more clearly, he'll realize the only people to blame for the loss were wearing Seahawks metallic blue, not black and white.

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at gene.wojciechowski@espn3.com.

Can I get an amen? :nana: :yep:

THe full article of wonderful insight related to the whining on this board...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2322300

Hammer67
02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Blather on all you want. We would. But it changes nothing. You were given the Super Bowl. You didn't "whip" anybody. Wah-Wahh-Wah, Boo-Hoo, we're not getting our Big Day without a Discouraging Word. The trophy's not enough? Nothing changes the fact that millions of people think you were handed the game and that it was decided by the officials. Use any size type you want. You got a gift. Deal with it.

:uhh: Sounds like your the one that needs to "deal with it" my friend...

Clearly you know very little about football. You see, bad officiating does happen from time to time. In fact, bad calls are made in every game. No one disputes that. But, a great team overcomes these adversities and wins. (See the Colts-Steelers playoff game as an example).

It is simply fact that the Seahawks blew too many chances, didn't make enough big plays and couldn't stop a team who had a terrible performance from their QB. But, I guess we can forgive our Seahack fans as they aren't used to watching big games. You need to learn more about football before intelligent opinions can be formed on the game.
:tt03:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 10:25 PM
And every -- EVERY -- call went against the Seahawks.

boo hoo freekin hoo.. cry me a river !! we had so many damn calls go against us in the playoffs its not even funny but we overcame it..

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I think I'm going to start a collection of tissue to send to the city of Seattle. I'm sure the stores have sold out already....anyone is free to donate.
HERE ARE THE FACTS:
1. You couldn't beat us even when we were not playing our best game...I guess that proves the AFC owns the NFC
2. We made big plays when we had to and you couldn't (and you definately had your chances)
3. Good teams overcome poor officiating and can still win, the officials should never be an excuse..it happens you have to move on
4. The NFL is standing behind the Refs...I'm sure they will break down all the contorversial calls tomorrow on NFL Network to explain to you why they were the right calls...watch and learn!!

This has been argued too many time...in too many posts!!! This is the last time I will post on this subject because WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS!!! THE TROPHY IS WHERE IT BELONGS AND OUR GUYS WILL HAVE THE RINGS THEY DESERVE....you are just the 1st losers...congrats!!!
:boxing:

STEELERS = WORLD CHAMPS...and no one can take that away from us!!!!!

Oh and to the Seattle fans that actually have class...this is not directed towrd you!

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 11:21 PM

Say hello to my little list........ IGNORE....

This jagoff mentioned above that our trophy was tarnished.... I think the only thing tarnished is his teeth from all of the lattes he drinks........

You know, even after the NFL comes out and stands behind their calls, something they will not do if the call is actually blown (see Troy), this jagoff and all of the other crybabies will still be screaming...... Kinda pathetic actually!

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 11:36 PM
You know, even after the NFL comes out and stands behind their calls, something they will not do if the call is actually blown (see Troy)

The NFL had to come out and say that in order to protect the league on the biggest stage in the world. What? Are they going to come out and call the Super Bowl a sham? No, be smart people. Maybe you would take exception to the rest of their remarks regarding the playoffs? They also said the playoffs as a whole were well officiated.

We are the champs, but we definitely own a tarnished trophy. Thanks NFL officials.

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Dude give it up already

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Dude give it up already

Ignore, my friend... it has become one of my favorite functions of this site!!! :grin:

bozz723
02-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Ok, I think someone needs to take a time out. You are way to upset and I hate to see you blow a blood vessel or something. I am not crying at all, but if it makes you feel better to think so it`s ok. If you like to believe everything you said go right ahead, you should enjoy you super bowl victory, no matter what the rest of the country thinks.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Yes, if by rest of the country you mean seattle and a few other morons that do not know the NFL rules then I guess the Super Bowl victory is "tainted".

Heres what the NFL has to say about the whole thing...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2322687

Yep, cleanly officiated, the right calls were made. Stupid NFL fans who have no idea what rules are have to be shaking their heads because they are so stupid. It's a shame for Seattle that Holmgren is such a bad coach and cost them alot of opportunities. However, Seattle still lost by 11 and would have been aloooooot, loooot more if Ben doesn't throw that interception. So call that a missed opportunity to blow Seattle out by more, cause all the Seahawks are whining about are missed opportunities and "officiating".

Turns out all they need to whine about is not being a championship team.

:sign08:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-08-2006, 12:10 AM
The NFL had to come out and say that in order to protect the league on the biggest stage in the world. What? Are they going to come out and call the Super Bowl a sham? No, be smart people. Maybe you would take exception to the rest of their remarks regarding the playoffs? They also said the playoffs as a whole were well officiated.

We are the champs, but we definitely own a tarnished trophy. Thanks NFL officials.

THe STEELER fans are the ones that are sharing in the glory!! Not you some troll coming in here with the name "steeler guru"!! If you want your opinion to be believed why don't you come in here and have the B@LLS to at least fly your true colors. YOu are not a STEELER fan ,you are probably another hawker fan just jumping off their bandwagon to get on our BUS!!

CASTEEL
02-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Damn.... I ignored that idiot Guru (added him to my list), but how do I ignore references to his idiocy??? :grin:

Oh well.......I guess it isn't that bad....when you take into account the source!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
and the never ending pointless debate that trolls see fit to wanna continue rolls on...

I just love saying this though..

We are World Champions ! We have the Trophy of SB XL Forever !

harp79
02-08-2006, 01:40 AM
The flag gets thrown on that pass interference call 40% of the time. It happened 4 feet from a ref in the end zone in the Super Bowl. Taylor was displaced 3-5 inches while Jackson separated towards the ball--technically that is offensive pass interference and thus it will get called.

A blown up picture of the Rothlisburger TD shows the ball crossing the plane.

The hold was iffy..it gets called 15-25% of the time. If the flag is not thrown in that play, Seattle is still not guaranteed any points.

The chop block was BS, but it also wasn't a critical play--certainly not worse than the no call on the Stephen's fumble in the 1st quarter.

Seattle was 5/17 on 3rd down conversions, Pittsburgh was 8/15. That is the statistic that cost Seattle the game.

Seattle could move the ball 20-30 yards per drive, but then they'd consistently fail to convert around mid-field, which in turn resulted in long field goal attempts which in two cases were quite costly in terms of field position.

Seattle's time of possession for the 1st quarter had to be near 10 minutes. Even if you take back the pass interference call, they still had excellent field position 4 times in that quarter alone. They didn't take advantage of that, and when you're playing the Steelers, that will cost you and it did.

steelersgirl86
02-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I GOT THIS IN AN EMAIL AND I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT...IT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here?s the skinny on SBXL:

The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.

The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.

The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.

The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.

The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.

The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.

And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.

The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.

The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.

With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th dow n, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.

And Seattle if you're still salty and still reaching for excuses...

The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.

It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.

It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.

It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.

It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)

It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.

It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It wasn't t he Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties...One team made plays and one team didn't. The end result was the final score, 21-10 Seattle was outcoached and outplayed.

Get over it Seattle, lose with a little dignity.

SteelerzGirl
02-08-2006, 08:16 AM
EL YEAH!!!

PUMP IT UP, STEELER NATION!

THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS ARE SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPIONS!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/5e51fdea.gif

I.C. Lights
02-08-2006, 09:06 AM
It's pretty funny how many "Seattle fans" have come to this website in the last few days and who, like defeated bullies, have left sputtering incoherent sentence fragments and childish insults in lieu of contributing something worthwhile. Thankfully, they seem to be dwindling. It's going to be a fun off-season!

GO STEELERS!

Polamalus_Angel
02-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Even full-time refs are human and would still make errors. What then?

TexaSteeler
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM

You wanna talk ifs?

You should be a sports reporter in Seattle. That was good.

Prosdo
02-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Ignore, my friend... it has become one of my favorite functions of this site!!! :grin:

Yeah sucks that I can't use it lol

CASTEEL
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah sucks that I can't use it lol

Is that cause you're a Mod???

Strange that a Mod can't ignore someone.... hehe......

Prosdo
02-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Well I have to keep an eye on everyone. lol

CASTEEL
02-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Well I have to keep an eye on everyone. lol

LOL.....dugh.... no shite :dang: :dang: :dang:

Weren't thinkin' bout that.... LOL

SteelersGuru
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
1) What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL?

48.4% F

25.7% D

14.3% C

9.2% B

2.4% A

2) How do you rate the overall state of officiating in the NFL?

33.7% Average

33.4% Bad

19.5% Good

11.2% Abysmal

2.2% Excellent

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

76.0% Unfairly favored the Steelers

17.7% The right calls were made

6.3% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

4) Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game?

54.9% Officials missing calls

28.8% Seahawks not making plays

16.3% Steelers making plays

5) Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?

70.8% No

23.7% Yes

5.5% I'm not sure

6) Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter?

57.6% No

28.2% Yes

14.2% I'm not sure

7) Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?

71.3% No

18.3% Yes

10.5% I'm not sure

8) Do you feel that you understand what constitutes a ''football move'' on plays involving potential fumbles?

66.5% Yes

33.5% No

9) How much would creating full-time officiating positions, instead of the current part-time positions, help improve the quality of NFL officiating?

43.8% A lot

43.7% A little

12.5% Not at all

10) Which major sport has the best officials?

43.9% MLB

24.6% NHL

19.6% NBA

11.8% NFL

Total Votes: 170,753

SteelersGuru
02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
oh..this is an espn poll. Wish people would just let it drop so we can enjoy our tainted trophy.

SteelersGuru
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Just found this on ESPN. Why won't they stop and leave us alone?

Seahawks won everything but the game

In case the football fans of the Pacific Northwest aren't sick enough in the aftermath of the big game, they may want to know that no Super Bowl loser has ever dominated a title game like the Seahawks did on Sunday.

I was so sure that Seattle's edge in total yards, time of possession and takeaways in a losing effort was unprecedented that I scoured all 39 previous Super Bowl box scores to prove it. Yep, just as I suspected, no losing team had ever matched the Seahawks' trifecta. Quite a few teams had won the time of possession battle and lost. A handful had put up more total yards and lost. And a couple had even won the turnover battle and lost. But no team had ever done all three and come away with an L.

Not until Sunday. Not until the Seahawks outplayed the Steelers on the vast majority of plays and still lost, thanks largely to two dubious penalty calls that cost Seattle a TD and a first-and-goal at the 1.

This was a historic, first-of-its-kind Super Bowl loss. I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers, except, of course, the Lombardi Trophy.

Seattle outgained Pittsburgh 396 yards to 339. Only five times in Super Bowl history had the loser gained more yards than the victor. And only twice — in Joe Montana's first win over the Bengals and Tom Brady's first win over the Rams — had a team been outgained as badly as the Steelers and won. (I guess this bodes well for Ben Roethlisberger.) But in both those victories, the Niners and Patriots had been +3 in the turnover battle. Pittsburgh was -1. More on that later.

Seattle had the ball for over 33 minutes, building a large time of possession edge as Pittsburgh failed to get a first down in the game's opening 19 minutes. While 10 teams have won the time-of-possession battle and lost the Super Bowl, only four losers surpassed the Seahawks' 6:04 edge in possession. And only twice in the history of the big game had a team gained more yards and led in time of possession and lost. Brady's Patriots were not only outgained by the Rams, but Kurt Warner's quick-strike attack actually held the ball for seven more minutes than New England. The lone other time this statistical quirk occurred was when Pittsburgh lost to Dallas in Super Bowl XXX. So maybe Sunday was a kind of karmic payback for the Steelers, who outgained the Cowboys 310-254 and held the ball for 7:38 more than Dallas in 1996.

Of course that loss was marked by the fact that Neil O'Donnell kept throwing the ball to Larry Brown. The Steelers were -3 in turnovers in that loss to the Cowboys, just as the Rams were against the Patriots.

Winning the turnover battle has been the single best harbinger of victory in Super Bowl history. Only twice prior to Sunday had a team given the ball away more than it had taken it away and yet still taken home the trophy.

In Super Bowl V — the ugliest Super Bowl of all time — the Cowboys managed to lose to the Colts despite a +3 edge in turnovers. The game featured a record 11 turnovers, an astounding seven by the somehow victorious Colts. Dallas also had a slight edge in possession (+2:46), but Baltimore had a substantial — 329-215 — edge in total yards.

The only other time the turnover winner had lost was in Super Bowl XIV when the Steelers overcame three Terry Bradshaw interceptions and a -2 turnover deficit to beat the Rams and win their fourth championship (one for the pinkie?). Despite the three picks, Bradshaw was named MVP because he threw for 309 yards as Pittsburgh compiled a 393-301 edge in total yards.

So the only two times a team had coughed the ball up more than its opponent and won the Super Bowl, it did so by handily outgaining the loser. But turning the ball over more while being outgained? Surely Roethlisberger's two interceptions to Matt Hasselbeck's one would sink the Steelers.

Not on Sunday. Super Bowl XL was the perfect storm for stormy Seattle. The Seahawks moved the ball better than the Steelers. They kept the ball longer than the Steelers. They held onto the ball more securely than the Steelers. They had six more first downs than the Steelers (20-14), a feat surpassed only twice by losing teams in SB history.

And yet the Seahawks lost.

Seattle fans have a right to feel sick. Their team just suffered the most unjust loss in Super Bowl history.

I'm guessing knowing that the previous 25 teams to gain more yards, keep the ball longer and not lose the turnover battle all won the Super Bowl won't make them feel any better.

SteelCityMan786
02-08-2006, 04:53 PM

and

and

I couldn't aggree more. We're world champs these asses who want to taint can try all they want. There attempts will fail.

Sharkissle29
02-08-2006, 05:36 PM
i dont know what ppl see when they say darrell jackson didnt push off and it wasnt pass interference.

am i the only clear headed person? thats not being biased being a steeler fan....he pushed off, did he not?!?!?!?!? this confuses me, maybe seattle fans need to learn more about football

SteelersGuru
02-08-2006, 08:32 PM
i dont know what ppl see when they say darrell jackson didnt push off and it wasnt pass interference.

am i the only clear headed person? thats not being biased being a steeler fan....he pushed off, did he not?!?!?!?!? this confuses me, maybe seattle fans need to learn more about football

These articles just won't stop...its all over the internet...the Superbowl was a sham...Argghhhhh

Please see #9 in this list to clear up your confusion on that matter. Please also note #6 & #3 on the list. #6 has hardly been discussed previously, though I think the infamous Hasselback "block below the knees" had a bigger impact on the game:

Bill Leavy. Pete Morelli. Jeff Triplette.

These are the names I'll always remember from this NFL postseason.

Sure, it would be nice to celebrate Jerome Bettis, Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward. But their work in these playoffs was really secondary to what the men in the stripes did.

Here's a top 10 list, a small sampling of their worst efforts during these forever compromised playoffs.

10. Champ Bailey's magic fumble

It was the play that ended the Patriots dynasty. But it shouldn't have. When New England tight end Benjamin Watson made his incredible dash from the opposite side of the field to crush Champ Bailey at the 1-yard line after a 100-yard interception return, the ball exited the field of play at an angle, crossing over the pylon before landing out of bounds. Had referee Jeff Triplette heard and heeded analyst Phil Simms' astute advice ? make a direct line from where the ball landed back to where it was fumbled to determine where it went out ? it would have been New England ball at the 20. Instead, Triplette took the easy way out, basically awarding the home team a TD by giving them the ball at the 1. It was the second touchdown the officials had generously awarded to the Broncos. More on that later.

9. Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference

Okay, maybe by the narrowest, most picayune interpretation of the rule, you could make an argument that D-Jack pushed off. But in the real world, on a broken route, when a smaller wide receiver is hand-fighting with a much bigger safety, this exchange does not constitute offensive pass interference. You got the sense from his hesitance that the back judge had already decided on the no-call, then changed his mind once he saw the result of the play. The call negated a great adjustment by Matt Hasselbeck, who put the ball where only Jackson could catch it. And is there anything more depressing than watching dubious calls wipe out great plays?

8. Andre' Davis gets mugged on no-call

Back to Denver. There were a lot of bad calls and bad no-calls in the Pats-Broncos game, but one that got almost no attention came on the Patriots' fifth and final turnover. Yes, Tom Brady was making a desperation heave into triple coverage and, yes, the ball probably deserved to be picked. But that doesn't excuse what happened next and the no-call that went with it. While Denver safety John Lynch measured the flight of the ball lining up his interception, a teammate simply tackled intended receiver Andre' Davis. Now Davis wasn't going to make a catch on the play, but had he not been tackled, he could have at least broken up the pick. The game was pretty much over at that point so it wasn't that big a deal. But when you compare the no-call to a pass interference call made earlier in the game, it's staggering. More on that later.

7. Antwaan Randle El gets mugged on no-call

Speaking of pass interference no-calls? the day after the Patriots lost to Denver, Triplette's beleaguered crew was outdone by Pete Morelli and his gang. In the second quarter, Antwaan Randle El had beaten his man deep and was adjusting to an underthrown ball when he was tackled by a Colts DB. It's the easiest P.I. call in the game and one we see every week. Only not this week. On most Sundays this would have been the worst officiating moment, but there was oh so much more to come in this one.

6. Play clock, schplay clock, the sequel

When Leavy granted Ben Roethlisberger a timeout after the play clock had run down to zero late in the game, it was the final nail in the Seattle coffin. Spared the five-yard delay of game penalty, the Steelers were able to convert the first down and burn up more clock. The one-second grace period Leavy gave Roethlisberger had Al Michaels and John Madden chortling about ...

5. Play clock, schplay clock, the original

... the extra TWO SECONDS that ticked off after the play clock expired late in the Bears-Panthers game before the play that pretty much ended Chicago's season. Now it was the Bears that initially benefited from the no-call, but after Rex Grossman threw a pick on a play that never should have happened, their fans had to wonder what the referee had been thinking. As Madden explained, the ref has to watch the play clock, then when it goes to zero, shift his focus to the ball. That's why you so often see balls snapped about a half-beat after the play clock expires without a flag being thrown. But maybe the ref needs to begin turning his eyes to the ball just a tad before the play clock reads zero. Or at least in the case of this play, within two seconds of the play clock expiring. Can you imagine if Grossman had thrown a TD pass on this play instead of a pick?

4. The do-over

Of all the moments where the officials seemed to lose control in these playoffs, none was more embarrassing than when Morelli's crew blew their whistles and called nothing in the Steelers-Colts game. The Colts came flying across the line, insisting a Steeler had flinched (replays supported this assertion). Whistles blared, line judges sprinted toward the action, a conference ensued. The call? Nothing. Not a false start, not offsides, nothing. Just a do-over. The missed false start helped the Steelers get a critical first down.

3. Brain-lock on Locklear

Just when it looked like the Seahawks might weather the offensive pass interference call on Jackson and a suspect holding call on a big punt return and take a fourth-quarter lead, Leavy came to the Steelers' rescue. Matt Hasselbeck had delivered a strike to Jerramy Stevens, which the nervous, footstep-hearing tight end had managed to haul in for a first-and-goal at the 1. But wait. Leavy wiped out the play by calling a holding penalty on Locklear. Replays revealed that Locklear had used a popular technique called "blocking" to keep the Steeler pass rusher off his quarterback. With yet another certain touchdown taken off the board, the Seahawks were dead.

Honorable mention: The 15-yard penalty on Matt Hasselbeck for merely tackling Ike Taylor on the subsequent interception return may have been the worst call in the entire postseason. But with so many other major officiating mistakes happening around it, it kind of got lost in the wash of yellow laundry.

2. The Polamalu

Ah, the play that made every NFL fan realize he has no idea what constitutes a catch. Late in the Steelers win over the Colts, Troy Polamalu picked off a Peyton Manning pass to seal Pittsburgh's victory. And then Morelli went under the hood and transformed into a basketball official from the 1972 Olympics. Despite clearly catching the ball, keeping his arm under it as he rolled across the turf, Polamalu's terrific play was waved off when Morelli emerged with his tortured explanation that the NFL later admitted was misguided.

Troy Polamalu had what he thought was an interception against the Colts. (Jamie Squire / Getty Images)

1. Oh, Asante! Oh, humanity!

The NFL offered no such they-a-culpa for Patriots fans. (Shut up, Raiders fans, the tuck rule may be a bad rule but it was interpreted correctly.) The Patriots-Broncos playoff game turned on a phantom pass interference call on Asante Samuel who despite perfect coverage ? and looking back for the ball ? was flagged for a 39-yard pass interference penalty that basically awarded Denver its first lead. This call led HBO's Cris Collinsworth to plead with the league that pass interference penalties have to be able to be reviewed. I repeat that plea here. How can you have these 40- and 50-yard plays determining the outcome of playoff games with no way to make sure you're getting them right?

I mean, the NFL doesn't want the officials to determine next year's champion too, does it?

BB2W
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Go back to your Seahawks board... are you not man enough to admit your a Seahawk fan?

Go whine and moan with your fellow Cryhawk fans...

bigbensgirl7
02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Go back to your Seahawks board... are you not man enough to admit your a Seahawk fan?

You're right BB2W...it's bad enough to cry like a little baby about the loss...but then not to admit you are a fan of the losing team....come on :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I couldn't aggree more. We're world champs these asses who want to taint can try all they want. There attempts will fail.

Thats exactly right dude.. Our trophy is not tainted. We rock, we're the world champs, and we got all the hardware in Pittsburgh to prove it !! :tt:

Stillers#1
02-08-2006, 09:52 PM

What kind of crappy posts are these? Lamest post-game shit talkking I have ever seen.

In case you didn"t know "princess" Pennsylvania means Penn's forest. Last time I checked, forests have lots of trees.

TexaSteeler
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
SteelersGuru, I see you made four posts and since you are on my ignore list let me enlighten you:

1. You are an idiot
2. You are everyone's ignore list so stop wasting your time.

vinella
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Go ahead. You've all managed to convince yourselves that the Steelers, in fact, just kicked the Seahawks' asses, that officiating played zero part in it. One of YOUR fans dared to suggest that the officiating was bad a few pages back and was hooted out of the forum. "Obviously not a Steelers fan!", was the quote. Right: Steelers fans need to have the ability to selectively blind themselves. Enjoy your trophy. The rest of America knows what happened, whether you like it or not. You got a gift. Deal with it. Just like we have to deal with being screwed. BTW, I don't drink lattes, don't eat salmon. I live I Seattle but I'm a North Carolina native and I'm every bit as mean and ill-tempered as any of you. But I'm also as direct as any Southerner - and I know a screwin' when I see it.

Prosdo
02-08-2006, 11:15 PM

He must be. Because he will not for the life of him admit he is from Washington.

SteelerTim
02-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Go ahead. You've all managed to convince yourselves that the Steelers, in fact, just kicked the Seahawks' asses, that officiating played zero part in it. One of YOUR fans dared to suggest that the officiating was bad a few pages back and was hooted out of the forum. "Obviously not a Steelers fan!", was the quote. Right: Steelers fans need to have the ability to selectively blind themselves. Enjoy your trophy. The rest of America knows what happened, whether you like it or not. You got a gift. Deal with it. Just like we have to deal with being screwed. BTW, I don't drink lattes, don't eat salmon. I live I Seattle but I'm a North Carolina native and I'm every bit as mean and ill-tempered as any of you. But I'm also as direct as any Southerner - and I know a screwin' when I see it.

Wow ... talk about being "selectively blind". Why is it you SEAWHINERS only point out the calls that you think went against you. What about the ones that went FOR you. Were you blinded to the fact that Stevens FUMBLED the football. Were your eyes closed when Roethlisberger was blocked in the back on the interception return?? Now, let's see what went against the Hawks. Ummm, the illegal block call was bad and not calling the delay of game penalty. Everything else was called ACCORDING TO THE RULES!!! Just because the officials don't ALWAYS call certain penalties DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT A PENALTY!!!! They call the ones they see. WOW, what a concept.

SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN INTRODUCE FACTS INTO YOUR LAME ASS ARGUMENT

Besides, I live in the DC area and saw your game against the skins. I don't want to hear you talking about games given to you by the refs.

Now, put your raincoat on ... go get yourself a latte with extra cream and be happy with the great season the Hawks had. Given the lack of talent in the NFC you could get to Miami next year

AND WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS AGAIN!!!

TexaSteeler
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM

We never said it played zero part of the game, we said the Seahawks sucked bad enough beyond the calls to make a difference. Get it straight.

And the real thanks for the gifts came from Matt Hasselback for INT in the red zone and the poor clock management, and Josh Brown for the two missed field goals, etc, etc.

By the way, please join your favorite Steeler fan on my ignore list.

SteelersGuru
02-09-2006, 03:33 AM
SteelersGuru, I see you made four posts and since you are on my ignore list let me enlighten you:

1. You are an idiot
2. You are everyone's ignore list so stop wasting your time.

Hahaha...I'm on your ignore list, but I am still getting reponses from yourself and the rest of the blind steeler nation? Who's the idiot here?

I guess I sort of understand why you guys want to disown me (a steeler fan without my terrible towel blindfold). I may be the first and only impartial steeler fan, but I do bleed Black and Yellow. Can't you see that if I weren't such a huge steeler fan, I wouldn't be in this much anguish about the yellow hue that is TAINTING our Lombardi Trophy? Come on guys....geesh. One for the Thumb Baby! <----would I say that if I weren't a Steeler fan?:dang:

It appears to be my job to teach you all a few things about fairness and reality. Do we mighty Steeler fans really want to live in a world seperate from the rest of America? That superbowl was the 2nd highest rated superbowl of all time. Everyone saw it. They saw what the officials did to help take away the Seahawks momentum. They saw how the Seahawks dominated the line of scrimmage...moving the ball and shutting us down on defense. They also saw the 3 lucky plays we made that amounted to 90% of our total offense. Aren't you as embarrased as I am of that? Lets start showing some pride.

One for the Thumb baby!!

jbattenhouse
02-09-2006, 09:46 AM

Princess, it is downright comical what you think is a raw deal. On the Offensive pass interference, it was correctly called. Jackson pushed off and many commentators and former football players themselves agreed. The holding call was also legit and Locklear had been warned about this earlier in the game by the officials. On the ONLY TD that the Seahawks scored, it was setup by an INT run back to the Pittsburgh 18 yard line, during which Ben Roethlisberger was blocked in the back by a Seahawk defender (he was actually in front of the defender before this happened, so maybe this would have been his second tackle of his career). Check out this thread to see pictures of it.
http://p087.ezboard.com/fstillersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18835.topic
So, in retrospect, the only TD that Seattle scored was aided in part by an UNCALLED PENALTY. Had this been called, it would have been enforced 15 yards from the spot of the foul, which appears to be around the Pittsburgh 38 yard line, giving Seattle the ball at their 47 yard line. So the Seahawks benefitted 35 yards on an UNCALLED PENALTY on their ONLY TD of the game! So, if you are going to complain about the penalties that went against you, look at the ones that did not and should have. You epitomize the definition of a SORE LOSER, and also, saying that you aren't mad about this is BS. Believe me, if the situations were reversed, you would think the same as I do.

mikespad
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Couldnt have been said better.
Officiating is an imperfect science, as we all saw with the Polamalu interception.

Someone pinch me....did we win, or just a dream?

ith plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

OHIOSTEELERSFAN
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
The Bird on the Seahawks helmet shows the size of their brains

mdhus
02-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Can't you see that if I weren't such a huge steeler fan, I wouldn't be in this much anguish about the yellow hue that is TAINTING our Lombardi Trophy? Come on guys....geesh. One for the Thumb Baby! <----would I say that if I weren't a Steeler fan?

Hmmm....how is our championship tainted?...did everyone forget the bengals game?....the colts game?...and/or the broncos game?.....Plus there are bad calls in almost all games, the SB calls were just amplified since everyone was watching and it was the biggest game of the year.

The only true bad call was hasselbacks illegal low-block since he was in fact credited with the tackle and that is legal.

Honestly, i cant believe we are still questioning the officiating in this game, it was the best it could of been for some of close calls and for as big of game as it was.

:PIT: Siko

Bill Leavy
02-09-2006, 01:50 PM
We are Super Bowl XL champs and that is final.

vinella
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
You poor boobs. Take a look at the post game polls on espn.com and msnbc.com. On both, a clear majority said that the single most important factor in the Steelers' win was the referees. If you want to blow and puff around on these forums, go ahead. Ridicule what I write. Crow about your "invincible" Steelers. Tell yourselves that they actually earned a victory. Insult my intelligence (Boy, I can't even reply to that one. Pittsburgh fans talking about anyone's intelligence? Too many jokes to even whittle it down to one!). Babble on about lattes, salmon, whining, whatever you want. YOU know what happened in the game. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so defensive and waste time writing out these long-winded position papers like the one that started this thread. That was the most telling thing about the game: that anyone in Pittsburgh felt compelled to spring to the defense of a team that just came home with the Lombardi Trophy! LOL! If the "mighty" Steelers so clearly pravailed, why do you need a forum called "Let's get this straight: the officials didn't..." There's a psychologist's term for a delusion shared between two people: folie a deux. Congratulations! You just invented a new psychosis: Folie a Pittsburgh!

mdhus
02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
You poor boobs. Take a look at the post game polls on espn.com and msnsc.com. On both, a clear majority said that the single most important factor in the Steelers' win was the referees. If you want to blow and puff around on these forums, go ahead. Ridicule what I write. Crow about your "invincible" Steelers. Tell yourselves that they actually earned a victory. Insult my intelligence (Boy, I can't even reply to that one. Pittsburgh fans talking about anyone's intelligence? Too many jokes to even whittle it down to one). Babble on about lattes, salmon, whining, whatever you want. YOU know what happened in the game. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so defensive and waste time writing out these long-winded position papers like the one that started this thread. That was the most telling thing about the game: that anyone in Pittsburgh felt compelled to spring to the defense of a team that just came home with the Lombardi Trophy! LOL! If the "mighty" Steelers so clearly pravailed, why do you need a forum called "Let's get this straight, the officials didn't..." There's a psychologist's term for a delusion shared between two people: folie a deux. Congratulations! You just invented a new psychosis: Folie a Pittsburgh!

Defensive....ehhh.....Some of the ppl here are defensive because yahoos such as yourself keep going on and on and on and on about the refs and will not give it up. What are we supposed to say?...."wait a sec....we didnt win....lets just give the trophy to seattle, to shut them up!" ...do you know how dumb that really sounds....Several SBs have had several "questionable" calls and why wasnt there a fuss about it...simple, in the 70s, 80s and even early 90s there wasnt 10,000 slow motion review angles to question judgement made by a referee who sees things at game speed. thats my say...;)

TexaSteeler
02-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Defensive....ehhh.....Some of the ppl here are defensive because yahoos such as yourself keep going on and on and on and on about the refs and will not give it up. What are we supposed to say?...."wait a sec....we didnt win....lets just give the trophy to seattle, to shut them up!" ...do you know how dumb that really sounds....Several SBs have had several "questionable" calls and why wasnt there a fuss about...simple, in the 70s, 80s and even early 90s there wasnt 10,000 slow motion review angles to question judgement made by a referee who sees things at game speed. thats my say...;)

Welcome to Steelers Fever. Great to have you. Initially it's theraputic to go through all the reasons that Seattle really sucked and deserved to lose and why we deserved the win. But there's no reason to convince someone beyond logic. So, when you tire of defending (we all tried)what there is no need to defend, there is an ignore function in your user pannel. Click on the members name you'd like to ignore, find where it says, "Ignore this user" and click. Their posts will no longer be displayed when you view a forum.

I enjoy the our championship much more when I ignore bogus rants and raves.

mdhus
02-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever. Great to have you.

Thanx! :)...ive been enjoying the championship ever since sunday and cant believe my team came out of no-where and whooped all the great teams in the playoffs....I think i must be dreaming...lol...but still i like to "outsmart" dopes out there that believe everything they are told...but really what do i have to defend? nothing ;) .....To the ignore button i go....<>

ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!! SB XL CHAMPS!

Prosdo
02-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Welcome to SF md. Nice signature by the way. Did you make it?

DIESELMAN
02-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Just found this on ESPN. Why won't they stop and leave us alone?

Seahawks won everything but the game

In case the football fans of the Pacific Northwest aren't sick enough in the aftermath of the big game, they may want to know that no Super Bowl loser has ever dominated a title game like the Seahawks did on Sunday.

I was so sure that Seattle's edge in total yards, time of possession and takeaways in a losing effort was unprecedented that I scoured all 39 previous Super Bowl box scores to prove it. Yep, just as I suspected, no losing team had ever matched the Seahawks' trifecta. Quite a few teams had won the time of possession battle and lost. A handful had put up more total yards and lost. And a couple had even won the turnover battle and lost. But no team had ever done all three and come away with an L.

Not until Sunday. Not until the Seahawks outplayed the Steelers on the vast majority of plays and still lost, thanks largely to two dubious penalty calls that cost Seattle a TD and a first-and-goal at the 1.

This was a historic, first-of-its-kind Super Bowl loss. I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers, except, of course, the Lombardi Trophy.

Seattle outgained Pittsburgh 396 yards to 339. Only five times in Super Bowl history had the loser gained more yards than the victor. And only twice ? in Joe Montana's first win over the Bengals and Tom Brady's first win over the Rams ? had a team been outgained as badly as the Steelers and won. (I guess this bodes well for Ben Roethlisberger.) But in both those victories, the Niners and Patriots had been +3 in the turnover battle. Pittsburgh was -1. More on that later.

Seattle had the ball for over 33 minutes, building a large time of possession edge as Pittsburgh failed to get a first down in the game's opening 19 minutes. While 10 teams have won the time-of-possession battle and lost the Super Bowl, only four losers surpassed the Seahawks' 6:04 edge in possession. And only twice in the history of the big game had a team gained more yards and led in time of possession and lost. Brady's Patriots were not only outgained by the Rams, but Kurt Warner's quick-strike attack actually held the ball for seven more minutes than New England. The lone other time this statistical quirk occurred was when Pittsburgh lost to Dallas in Super Bowl XXX. So maybe Sunday was a kind of karmic payback for the Steelers, who outgained the Cowboys 310-254 and held the ball for 7:38 more than Dallas in 1996.

Of course that loss was marked by the fact that Neil O'Donnell kept throwing the ball to Larry Brown. The Steelers were -3 in turnovers in that loss to the Cowboys, just as the Rams were against the Patriots.

Winning the turnover battle has been the single best harbinger of victory in Super Bowl history. Only twice prior to Sunday had a team given the ball away more than it had taken it away and yet still taken home the trophy.

In Super Bowl V ? the ugliest Super Bowl of all time ? the Cowboys managed to lose to the Colts despite a +3 edge in turnovers. The game featured a record 11 turnovers, an astounding seven by the somehow victorious Colts. Dallas also had a slight edge in possession (+2:46), but Baltimore had a substantial ? 329-215 ? edge in total yards.

The only other time the turnover winner had lost was in Super Bowl XIV when the Steelers overcame three Terry Bradshaw interceptions and a -2 turnover deficit to beat the Rams and win their fourth championship (one for the pinkie?). Despite the three picks, Bradshaw was named MVP because he threw for 309 yards as Pittsburgh compiled a 393-301 edge in total yards.

So the only two times a team had coughed the ball up more than its opponent and won the Super Bowl, it did so by handily outgaining the loser. But turning the ball over more while being outgained? Surely Roethlisberger's two interceptions to Matt Hasselbeck's one would sink the Steelers.

Not on Sunday. Super Bowl XL was the perfect storm for stormy Seattle. The Seahawks moved the ball better than the Steelers. They kept the ball longer than the Steelers. They held onto the ball more securely than the Steelers. They had six more first downs than the Steelers (20-14), a feat surpassed only twice by losing teams in SB history.

And yet the Seahawks lost.

Seattle fans have a right to feel sick. Their team just suffered the most unjust loss in Super Bowl history.

I'm guessing knowing that the previous 25 teams to gain more yards, keep the ball longer and not lose the turnover battle all won the Super Bowl won't make them feel any better.
I'll say this again "WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! If it would have been the other way around I wonder what your comments would be then.....I knew you seacrap fans couldn't take a defeat with a little dignity and grace gotta blame it on the officials.....I bet most of the Seattle players are realizing theres a lot they could've done to win the game.....like keep your feet in bounds when you do catch the ball or how about not running your route so close to the sidelines or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or not throw an interception to kill a pretty good drive or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or making field goals when it counts or how about converting better then 29%(5-17)on third downs or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!! or how about managing the clock better or how about CATCHING THE BALL!!!!!....One more turnover then the other team isn't exactly going to win the game especially when you don't do anything about it(check out the 3rd down conversions again)One more fact...the Seachickens outgained us by WOW a whole 57 yards and oh by the way on 21 more offensive plays then the Steelers...As far as being outplayed....well you can't go by stats on that one...the Seachickens were definitely outplayed on the field and THATS where it counts...so keep talking about the 2 penalties that were legit except in your mind cuz you can't face the fact that the seachickens were outhustled,outplayed and by the way your coach,you and everyone else who don't have a clue is telling the story were OUTCLASSED!!!!! :helmet:

SteelersGuru
02-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Hahaha...I'm on your ignore list, but I am still getting reponses from yourself and the rest of the blind steeler nation? Who's the idiot here?

I guess I sort of understand why you guys want to disown me (a steeler fan without my terrible towel blindfold). I may be the first and only impartial steeler fan, but I do bleed Black and Yellow. Can't you see that if I weren't such a huge steeler fan, I wouldn't be in this much anguish about the yellow hue that is TAINTING our Lombardi Trophy? Come on guys....geesh. One for the Thumb Baby! <----would I say that if I weren't a Steeler fan?:dang:

It appears to be my job to teach you all a few things about fairness and reality. Do we mighty Steeler fans really want to live in a world seperate from the rest of America? That superbowl was the 2nd highest rated superbowl of all time. Everyone saw it. They saw what the officials did to help take away the Seahawks momentum. They saw how the Seahawks dominated the line of scrimmage...moving the ball and shutting us down on defense. They also saw the 3 lucky plays we made that amounted to 90% of our total offense. Aren't you as embarrased as I am of that? Lets start showing some pride.

One for the Thumb baby!!

SteelersGuru sure seems to know his stuff. I'm taking him off my ignore list.:sofunny:

HAWKS206
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Just like how they tried to screw you guys in the Indy game the guys in stripes sucessfully screwed Seattle out of a Superbowl title. Superbowl was as good as Brokeback Moutain!!!! Officials who like screwing guys in the ass! Steelers got lucky. You had the officials on your side that day. You guys are good but Seattle is the better team!! SEAHAWKS are the real Superbowl CHAMPS and everyone truely knows it. We waited 30 years, we can wait one more year to show who the real champs are. Bring it on next year!

ur3minutesrup
02-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Long time Steeler Fan but new to the board. Just want to throw my two cents in:

When they raise the banner next year in Heinz Field, it isn't going to say "Pittsburgh Steelers World Champions--but the refs cheated and the Seahawks got hosed."

Let them talk...let them get it out of their system. They haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl in 30 years. It will be another 30 before they ever come close again. By that time we'll have the other hand full too.

SteelersGuru
02-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Let them talk...let them get it out of their system. They haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl in 30 years. It will be another 30 before they ever come close again. By that time we'll have the other hand full too.:blah:

Yeah, if we keep those checks rolling out to our favorite officials, you may just be right.

One for the pinky next year baby!

Suitanim
02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, if we keep those checks rolling out to our favorite officials, you may just be right.

One for the pinky next year baby!

You gonna be around tomorrow, "guru"? I didn't really spend much time reading your termite shit, but I see it's built up into a mound.

It's kind of funny and sad all at once that you keep your own shit going by responding to your own posts while posing as a...

Nah, let's save it.

Tomorrow?

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
:rofl: I didn't really spend much time reading your termite shit, but I see it's built up into a mound.

:rofl:

Lambert
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM

and

and

Fricken perfect, Go STEELERS

Rotorhead
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Guru, can you at least admit you are a Hawks fan, I mean, we all know it. There is no hiding it. You would at least pick up an inkling more credibility if you could just admit the truth . . . unless you are ashamed of your true colors.

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Steelers got lucky..... You guys are good but Seattle is the better team!! SEAHAWKS are the real Superbowl CHAMPS and everyone truely knows it.
..... exactly what-color IS the sky in your world?
:crazy01: :crying02: :crazy02: :crying01: :screwy: :eyecrazy: