PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Assault in the NFL

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I just did a little research. Here are the names of NFL players that have been accused of sexual assault in the past:

Ben Roethlisberger, QB Pittsburgh Steelers
Eric Green, DB Arizona Cardinals
Michael Irvin, WR Dallas Cowboys
Tony Zendejas, K LA Rams
Mark Chmura, TE Green Bay
Jim Brown, RB Cleveland Browns
Cornelius Bennett, LB Buffalo Bills
Christian Peter, OL NE Pattriots
Darren Hambrick, LB Dallas Cowboys
Dave Meggett, RB NY Giants
Tony McDaniel, DE Miami Dolphins

Godfather
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Mark Sanchez was accused of sexual assault when he was at Southern Cal.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Mark Sanchez was accused of sexual assault when he was at Southern Cal.

Yep, but all it was was a false accusation so it didn't effect his draft value at all and none of the fans could give 2 craps about it now.

But with Ben...nooo our so called fans want him thrown into oncoming traffic. Ben should be disgusted to have to play here. After what he has done for that team and this city, for our fans to turn our backs on him because of only accusations makes me sick.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
It would seem to me that you condone what's he's been accused of.

Cowboysfan
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
A couple more Cowboys off the top of my head.

In 1970, Lance Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a ten-year-old girl.

In 1987 Rafiel Septien pled guilty to a charge of indecency with a child.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM

No not at all...if he was charged criminally I'd be the first one to want him gone. But as long as they are only accusations...with lots of holes in both cases at that...then yes I will support him because I care more about what happens on the football field (ya know touchdowns and Super Bowls) than any player's character and morals.

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM

I do not condone the act he has been accused of. I just do not paint him as guilty without some concrete evidence. Being an azzhole, a man ho, someone who does not know how to wine and dine is not a crime. Next thing we know, we should do an investigation into every Steeler in the organization as to their sex lives, their drinking habits, and if they are cruel to animals.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
How about " Murder " ? Is that high on Goodell's conduct policy list ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829

zulater
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM

I don't condone what he's been "accused" of, but that's just it, he's only been accused, not convicted. There's two sides to the story, but some such as you choose to see only the accuser's side despite the fact that it's chock full hole of holes.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't condone what he's been "accused" of, but that's just it, he's only been accused, not convicted. There's two sides to the story, but some such as you choose to see only the accuser's side despite the fact that it's chock full hole of holes.

And history dictates that not being charged means he is innocent of the charges. Forgive me, I forgot.

GodfatherofSoul
04-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I just did a little research. Here are the names of NFL players that have been accused of sexual assault in the past:

Ben Roethlisberger, QB Pittsburgh Steelers
Eric Green, DB Arizona Cardinals
Michael Irvin, WR Dallas Cowboys
Tony Zendejas, K LA Rams
Mark Chmura, TE Green Bay
Jim Brown, RB Cleveland Browns
Cornelius Bennett, LB Buffalo Bills
Christian Peter, OL NE Pattriots
Darren Hambrick, LB Dallas Cowboys
Dave Meggett, RB NY Giants
Tony McDaniel, DE Miami Dolphins

Michael Irvin TWICE by the same chick. Jerome Bettis had that BJ incident as well.

I just can't figure out with all of these retracted charges and verifiably false accusations (where there's email/text message evidence or witnesses to the lead-up or what the "victim" told them) why everyone STILL assumes the player actually did it! ESPECIALLY when there's ZERO evidence of violence or force.

pancake
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM

So how long have you hated Ben?

zulater
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
And history dictates that not being charged means he is innocent of the charges. Forgive me, I forgot.

I wasn't charged with any crimes this week, so does that mean I probably raped someone?