PDA

View Full Version : trade #18

jollyrob68
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I heard this months ago and thought I'd bring it back to light with all thats happened and with the draft being this week.

Would you Trade the #18 pick to TAmpa for their two 2nd rounders # 35 & 42?
Would you trade back with the Philly or Jets to acquire their 2nd (philly #37) then trade with Kc for both of their 2nd rounders #36 & 50? Or do we stay at #18 get a quality 1st rounder and then use late picks to move up in second or 3rd?

The purpose is to get Golden Tate,CB or NT in the early 2nd round. We can use those extra late picks to move up in the 2nd,3rd or 4th to get quality players. What do you think?

pete74
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM
no way. we want Odrick, wilson or thomas at 18

Steel_Bus_24
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM

man am I going to be mad/sad if we don't get either Thomas or Wilson at 18

only other player I wouldn't mind would be McClain

7willBheaven
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM

You may want Odrick...but i dont think a lot of people do...OL or DB (or McClain if hes there).

jollyrob68
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Both might not be there so find some backup choices.

7willBheaven
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I heard this months ago and thought I'd bring it back to light with all thats happened and with the draft being this week.

Would you Trade the #18 pick to TAmpa for their two 2nd rounders # 35 & 42?
Would you trade back with the Philly or Jets to acquire their 2nd (philly #37) then trade with Kc for both of their 2nd rounders #36 & 50? Or do we stay at #18 get a quality 1st rounder and then use late picks to move up in second or 3rd?

The purpose is to get Golden Tate,CB or NT in the early 2nd round. We can use those extra late picks to move up in the 2nd,3rd or 4th to get quality players. What do you think?

A lot of these trades are on sided and not even possible...unless we give up more. Pick #18 is worth 900 points. Lets look over some of your options...

TB: 35 = 550 and 42 = 480 total = 1030
KC: 36 = 540 and 50 = 400 total = 940
Jets: 29 = 640 and 61 = 292 total = 932
Phil: 27 = 740 and 37 = 530 total = 1270
Phil: 27 = 740 and 55 = 350 total = 1090

No way the Eagles would give up #37 also just to move up 6 spots. Only TWO of those are close to being equal and COULD, MAYBE happen and thats the Jets and KC. Plus with the possibilities of who might available at 18..especially when we normally dont pick this high...i dont think I'd want to move down much...maybe a few spots, if that. Especially if we can land a good OL, DB, LB or even NT (mainly OL and DB).

jollyrob68
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM

If you trade back you can get Odrick and pick up an additional 2nd rounder.
I like Odrick and he can play any D line spot.

pete74
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM

if McClain drops i bet we will take him but i dont see him dropping. i wouldnt be surprised if we take Odrick but i would love thomas or wilson

pete74
04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
You may want Odrick...but i dont think a lot of people do...OL or DB (or McClain if hes there).

not just me, the steelers my man

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I too would really like to trade down,, and suggested Philly as a possibility. But now it's not looking good.
According to news reports from KFFL.....

Eagles | Interested in trading up in first round
Comment (0)
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:05:49 -0400

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest in trading up to within the top 12 spots in the 2010 NFL Draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | Interested in trading up in first round
Comment (0)
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:05:29 -0400

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Green Bay Packers have expressed interest in trading up to within the top 12 spots in the 2010 NFL Draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0lZznzSpL

Both Philly & Green Bay want to get within the top-12,,,why do you think that is ? Cause both probably want
Earl Thomas. I KNOW Philly does. That's why they want to get in front of Miami at 12, who it is very likely they will select Earl Thomas. Since Jacksonville has only 6 picks, and no 2nd rounder, I suspect J-Ville and Philly
will do business. The 10th pick has a value of 1300 Pts. If Philly traded their pick at 24, and their 2nd rounder at 55, and their 3rd rounder at 87, and their 4th rounder at 105,,that would be about 1300 Pts. It gives the Jags the much needed additional picks to restack their roster. And it gives Philly the 10th pick to secure Earl Thomas. I guess we can HOPE at 18 there is something that Green Bay really wants, and will give us their pick at 23, and their 3rd rounder at 86. But it would really have to be a special player to give away their one and only 3rd rounder to move up 5 spots.

PhantomJB93
04-19-2010, 04:34 PM
NO! We NEED Wilson/Thomas/Haden, I dont understand what some people dont get about that. If they are all gone by 18 then fine trade it away but otherwise NO

I say we trade a 4th or 5th round pick, maybe both if necessary, to switch 2nd rounders with STL to take Tate.

SteelKnight
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm thinking the same. I want Wilson, Thomas or one of the top LTs if any are still available...that's it. I'm afraid the 49ers will take Wilson at 17. We should trade up to 16 (Titans) to make sure we get our man if Thomas is already gone.

I see it like this...If the Chiefs take a LT we get Wilson (Browns take Berry, 49ers take Haden at 13)

If the Chiefs take Berry at 5, Browns take Haden at 7 and 49ers take Wilson at 17.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
The only way taking a Tackle in round 1 makes ANY sense is if Willie Colon is traded away...Period! And besides that, a player like Iupati or Pouncey means that last years 3rd round Guard we selected is a Bust.

But hey,,,Whatdoiknow!

PhantomJB93
04-19-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm thinking the same. I want Wilson, Thomas or one of the top LTs if any are still available...that's it. I'm afraid the 49ers will take Wilson at 17. We should trade up to 16 (Titans) to make sure we get our man if Thomas is already gone.

I see it like this...If the Chiefs take a LT we get Wilson (Browns take Berry, 49ers take Haden at 13)

If the Chiefs take Berry at 5, Browns take Haden at 7 and 49ers take Wilson at 17.

There are 4 main secondary guys, Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Earl Thomas, and Kyle Wilson. There are several different scenarios that can play out, but I really can't see ALL of them being gone by 18, Id bet anything either Thomas or Wilson will be there when we pick...I really dont see the 49ers pursuing Kyle Wilson, they'll pick Earl Thomas at 13 or 17 if Haden isn't available, Earl Thomas will still be there at 17 if they dont take him at 13.

SteelKnight
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
The only way taking a Tackle in round 1 makes ANY sense is if Willie Colon is traded away...Period! And besides that, a player like Iupati or Pouncey means that last years 3rd round Guard we selected is a Bust.

But hey,,,Whatdoiknow!

Colon only signed a 1 year tender. If it is one of the top 4, I say, grab him. I was concerned about Boulagas arms unlil I found out Joe Tomas and Jake Long have even shorter arms than him.

1.Haden
2.One of top 4 LTs
3.Wilson
4.Thomas...,unless you think you can convert him to CB then take before Wilson.

I agree with guard. I don't want a guard this year. We can always take the top gard next year when we finish in the late 20s or 30s. Lets see what Kemo, Essex and Urbik have to offer. Even Foster was pretty good at guard.

SteelKnight
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
There are 4 main secondary guys, Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Earl Thomas, and Kyle Wilson. There are several different scenarios that can play out, but I really can't see ALL of them being gone by 18, Id bet anything either Thomas or Wilson will be there when we pick...I really dont see the 49ers pursuing Kyle Wilson, they'll pick Earl Thomas at 13 or 17 if Haden isn't available, Earl Thomas will still be there at 17 if they dont take him at 13.

I can see them all being gone. Miami pretty much advertised that they would like to trade down so any team could trade up and grab Thomas but eben if they don't, Miami seriously needs safety help. I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab Thomas.

Once SF get the first pick they want, they could either grab a CB at 17 if they couldn't get Haden at 13 or trade out of that spot for some other team to grab Wilson from us (Falcons,Houston, or even the Eagles are possibilities). If SF really wants Iupati or Pouncy, trading down is smart. It will be like when the Jets traded one pick ahead of us to take Revis.

Basically, I think the 5th pick is Key. I think if KC takes a tackle, then Cleveland gets Berry and Haden and Thomas can fall to whoever is thirsty...leaving us Wilson.

If they take Berry and Cleveland takes Haden, don't be surprised if Wilson goes at pick 17 to either SF or someone willing to trade into that spot. Heck, the Titans might even take Wilson at 16.

Steel_Bus_24
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Ive been hearing a lot about the eagles trading up......I bet they are the ones who screw us out of a good DB like the browns did to us with Mack last year

St33lersguy
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
NOOO! This is a deep class, why would the steelers pass up a possible great player. If anything they should trade up since they got 11 picks, including 7 picks in the past 3 rounds that will never pan out

Nighthawk
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Why do I always see threads about trading down? We should trade UP!
Perfect Target: Jacksonville with the #10 pick. They lack draft picks... We're overflowing with draft picks.
We have 11 draft picks, and I bet only 3-4 of those guys actually have a shot at making the team.
Screw quantity, go after quality and the people we want.

With the #10 Pick, we likely get our pick of Haden / Earl Thomas / Kyle Wilson. Especially if we covet one guy more then the other 2 and get a feeling they will be gone at #18.

Steel_Bus_24
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Perfect Target: Jacksonville with the #10 pick. They lack draft picks... We're overflowing with draft picks.
We have 11 draft picks, and I bet only 3-4 of those guys actually have a shot at making the team.

With the #10 Pick, we likely get our pick of Haden / Earl Thomas / Kyle Wilson. Especially if we covet one guy more then the other 2 and get a feeling they will be gone at #18.

yeah I know, but I doubt we move up in 1st, we've been contempt to just lay and wait and take BPA in the 1st

I'll bet we see some good movement from the FO through 2-4

but more and more Im gettng that sickening feeling of going through what we did last year with Mack and Wood, where we watch em get snatched up

SteelKnight
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM

What I'd really like to do is move up in the second and get another high quality player in the 30s or 40s.

The only way moving down makes sense to me is if Wilson, Thomas and all 4 OTs are gone. At that point trading with Phili for the 24th pick, swaping second round picks 37and 52 would be cool...and balances according to the trade value chart (close enough).

When I really wanted Haden I considered a trade up with Jacksonville. It would cost us our 2nd round pick and a sixth. I don't think its worth it wit the amount of talent available. Plus we would ave to pay more for the player.

Miami also wants to move down...if they would take something like a 3rd and a 5th (they might do it even hough it doesn't match the charts)...then that would be cool.

7willBheaven
04-20-2010, 12:09 AM

It would probably just take too much to do this.,..I wouldnt wanna give up our 2nd/3rd or whatever...yeah we have a bunch of 5ths/7ths and can try to package some to get back into the 2nd/3rd.,..but it doesnt always work as easy as it sounds...you gotta look at pick point value...and hope someone would take the deal if its close/etc.

chitownpit
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
we cannot afford to trade down and not come away with first round talent in the backfield .our defense works to hard with no interceptions :tt03:

SteelKnight
04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
we cannot afford to trade down and not come away with first round talent in the backfield .our defense works to hard with no interceptions :tt03:

Interceptions are important. I think they change games. It's bad that they really didn't have any until the final game last year. They need to keep working on that. Put the DBs on the JUGG machine or somethng. I hope we get Wilson. Interestingly, Jackson is moving up quickly. We may see 5 CB go in the first round.

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Interceptions are important. I think they change games. It's bad that they really didn't have any until the final game last year. They need to keep working on that. Put the DBs on the JUGG machine or somethng. I hope we get Wilson. Interestingly, Jackson is moving up quickly. We may see 5 CB go in the first round.

All of the talk about Jackson recently is interesting. They were saying on the NFL Network last night that some people have him ranked as the #1 CB in the draft. I'm always a bit leery of these late risers though. If he's really that good, why wasn't he ranked higher to begin with?

jollyrob68
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
NO! We NEED Wilson/Thomas/Haden, I dont understand what some people dont get about that. If they are all gone by 18 then fine trade it away but otherwise NO

I say we trade a 4th or 5th round pick, maybe both if necessary, to switch 2nd rounders with STL to take Tate.

we can give up both 5's to move up with ST louis so we get tate.:thumbsup:
I know we need a better corner but we also need lineman and we always neglect them. Then we bitch about the line and we dont control the clock.

CB in the first then Jon Asamoah in the 2nd,Pouncey in the first the CB in the 2nd.

jollyrob68
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
According to Kevin Colbert he's 70-80% sure he'll stay at 18, he's 5% trade up,the rest trade down. I dont want to give up our first 4 rounds. I want to use the extra 5ths or 6 & 7 to move up in round 2 or use both 5's to get another pick in the 4th.

Kareem jackson is moving up because he is a 34d CB.