PDA

View Full Version : You're on the jury...........................................

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
While Ben was not charged with rape, it has not prevented this incident in becoming a media and internet explosion. People have taken sides, from all walks of life. What I am now asking is for everyone who wishes to participate place yourself on Ben's trial jury. You have or should have read any and all reports, testament, and make your vote. Put your homerism and black and gold glasses aside, put any hatred of the man aside. Just vote guilty or innocent.

If you feel you do not have enough information to make a decision than make a simple statement as to such. I have read numerous members responses and I believe it will not shock some as to their verdict. Lets keep this simple, guilty or innocent, no blasting the voter for their opinion. No explaining your vote, just guilty or innocent. I will start.

NOT GUILTY.

MACH1
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
What, no poll. :rolleyes:

Draft day can't get here soon enough.

zulater
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Not guilty, but not innocent either.:chuckle:

Seriously if you apply any amount of objectivity to it and you have even the most rudimentary understanding of our legal system it's pretty obvious why Bright never even gave the case to a Grand Jury. The accuser and her sorority sisters would have withered under cross, and they had no physical evidence despite a rape kit being performed in an expediant manner, thus no case.

beSteelmyheart
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes, we need a poll-with a third choice of "Dumb ass who makes poor choices". (I couldn't say if he was guilty or not)

plenewken
04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Guilty of some sexual activity with a drunk as a skunk woman who couldn't have fully consented to it.

stlrtruck
04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
With the evidence at hand, I would have to vote NOT GUILTY.

While the "victim" had definite internal "damages" her story changed and she was inconsistent in her statements. It also isn't Ben's job to prove his innocence rather the DA and proscecutor's job to prove him guilty and nothing I've read shows that 100%

Indo
04-19-2010, 05:06 PM
NOT Guilty of Rape or Sexual Assault

Guilty of Poor Judgement
which is neither illegal nor punishable

steelreserve
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
As far as actually sending him to jail? I'd have to vote not guilty -- not enough proof for that.

Am I 90% certain he took advantage of a falling-down drunk chick, which puts him somewhere between sleazeball and borderline criminal? That sounds about right.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Criminally......Innocent
Civilly...............Guilty

Two different burdens of proof.

Godfather
04-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Criminally......Innocent
Civilly...............Guilty

Two different burdens of proof.

We're adding a lot of choices to the poll. Now it has to have:

- Guilty
- Not guilty but find for the plaintiff in a lawsuit
- Guilty only of poor judgment
- Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay
- Brett Favre

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:59 PM

Guilty of Poor Judgement

Turns out you're wrong, it seems as though now it is.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
First off, her attorney must be pretty dumb to select me when I was wearing big bens jersey, lol.

With that said.

There is ZERO DNA, ZERO Evidence other than a presumed victim who stated she couldn;t remember if she had sex. that was minutes after the supposed attack?
Her friends who were probably drunk, have stories as well, differ facts, which get disputed by off duty Troopers.
The girls followed Bens entourage to another bar.

Do the girls have fake id's?

Garland discredited tham so much on the stand, without any concrete evidence, my findings are not guilty.

Preacher
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
As far as actually sending him to jail? I'd have to vote not guilty -- not enough proof for that.

Am I 90% certain he took advantage of a falling-down drunk chick, which puts him somewhere between sleazeball and borderline criminal? That sounds about right.

I gotta say that is where I am at.

HometownGal
04-20-2010, 07:20 AM

Guilty of Poor Judgement

This. ^ :applaudit:

Being a fat egomaniac with a perma-stiffy and a million dollar talent in a dime sized head isn't a crime.

Prok
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Not guilty.

I remember my partying days as a 28 yr old man. I straightened up, so can Ben.

None of us are in position to judge and publicly damn the guy IMO.

LambertIsGod58
04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
We're adding a lot of choices to the poll. Now it has to have:

- Guilty
- Not guilty but find for the plaintiff in a lawsuit
- Guilty only of poor judgment
- Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay
- Brett Favre

Brett Favre

XxKnightxX
04-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Brett Favre

Preacher
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Brett Favre

:buttkick:

Isn't he retiring? He'll NEVER come back !

:wink02:

Indo
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I'll see your Brett Favre, and raise you an Alan Faneca!

Prok
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM

I think if we trade Ben plus our next 2 first rounders we could get em' both and make a SB run this yr.

Preacher
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM

I'll see both of them... and raise you one Kordell Stewart coming out of retirement! :tt03: <--- pepsi