PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah says Cleveland "sucks"

polamalubeast
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
"I don't know about Cleveland, man, there is nothing going on," Noah said Sunday, lamenting the options for his off day on a typical cloudy and chilly spring day. "It's bad, man."

When asked if his dislike for the town would motivate him more in the series, Noah continued.

"What, that Cleveland really sucks?" Noah said.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...._spends_a.html

tony hipchest
04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
...so in other words he couldnt find anyone to score him a $20 sack of dank. :rolleyes:

he doesnt have much to worry about. the cavs will send him on his way out of town in short time.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Noah is right, Cleveland does suck, but so does his dad.

xfl2001fan
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
He can't attack the team, players or Franchise...because at every position (besides PG) the Cavs are better/deeper than the Bulls. So instead, he has to attack a city that has no reason to like him...and fans that are as starved for a championship as any out there...and a team on the cusp of changing that drought.

Nadroj 20
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Bulls are down 2-0 and will be lucky to win one game....he can say all he wants lol

SteelersinCA
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
He can't attack the team, players or Franchise...because at every position (besides PG) the Cavs are better/deeper than the Bulls. So instead, he has to attack a city that has no reason to like him...and fans that are as starved for a championship as any out there...and a team on the cusp of changing that drought.

You say varajao or Z or (shudder) Shaq are better than Noah?

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
all he did was speak the truth...geez.

revefsreleets
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
LBJ took the high road, and complimented the city of Chicago.

Noah is a good player, and will have a fine NBA career, but he's always been a classless dirtbag as a human.

xfl2001fan
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
You say varajao or Z or (shudder) Shaq are better than Noah?

Varejao, yes. Shaq...yes...but it has more to do with the matchup issue that Shaq presents to almost everyone in the NBA. It's kinda like a healthy Yao will always be a "good" center because at 7'6...he's nearly impossible to stop and is great at redirecting shots at the rim. Z, not so much, but he's not a starter for us anymore...and probably never will be again. Z does (however) fall under the "deeper" part of my statement.

Basically, Chicago is Rose (really good player), Noah (pretty good player) and that's about it.

Cavs have James (best in NBA), Mo (pretty good player), Jamison (pretty good player), West (pretty good player), Shaq (still a good player, though not necessarily for 30+ per game) etc....

With the exception of PG (where Rose is much better than Mo...especially in one on one situations), the Cavs are the better team.

SteelersinCA
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not disagreeing the Cavs are the better team, but I think Noah is better than any of those 3 on the Cavs have right now. Stats aren't everything but no one on the Cavs comes close to Noah.

steelerdude15
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Doesn't this guy complain about everything?

xfl2001fan
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm not disagreeing the Cavs are the better team, but I think Noah is better than any of those 3 on the Cavs have right now. Stats aren't everything but no one on the Cavs comes close to Noah.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Noah gets points because of hustle and he plays on a team with no stars.

Shaq gets his points because he's bigger than anyone else in the NBA.

Varejao just goes out and hustles. I think if you switch Varejao and Noah...Andy V gets similar (if not better) production than Noah. Noah's stats, meanwhile, would drop drastically...because he'd be asked to be a hustling defender...and little else.

Let Chicago add another star (Bosh, Amar'e, Wade, etc...) and Noahs stats drop drastically.

revefsreleets
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
How about Noah in head-to-head stats apples to apples?

Year 1: Noah
.504 FG%
.744 FT%
11 RPG
2.1 APG
1.6 BPG
10.7 PPG

Shaq:
.562 FG%
.592 FT%
13.9 RPG
1.9 APG
3.5 BPG
23.4 PPG

Interestingly, if you look at LAST years numbers, O'Neal holds up pretty well against Noah. All his numbers are comparable except RPG and FT%.

Z is pretty favorable, too.

SteelersinCA
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Noah gets points because of hustle and he plays on a team with no stars.

Shaq gets his points because he's bigger than anyone else in the NBA.

Varejao just goes out and hustles. I think if you switch Varejao and Noah...Andy V gets similar (if not better) production than Noah. Noah's stats, meanwhile, would drop drastically...because he'd be asked to be a hustling defender...and little else.

Let Chicago add another star (Bosh, Amar'e, Wade, etc...) and Noahs stats drop drastically.

It has happened before, it will happen again, I have no problem with disagreeing. Shaq gets his points, but varajao is a hack. Noah couldn't hold Shaq's jock back in the day but I'd rather have him now.

xfl2001fan
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
It has happened before, it will happen again, I have no problem with disagreeing. Shaq gets his points, but varajao is a hack. Noah couldn't hold Shaq's jock back in the day but I'd rather have him now.

How is Varejao a hack? He's actually a really good defender (not just a flopper that he was a few years ago). Despite coming off the bench and having no plays called for him (whatsoever) he still finds himself with a lot of points. He' s got good hands, passes the ball well, every bit as energetic as Noah and (IMO) a better defender. I just think it comes down to opportunities. On a team with lots of offensive weapons (as well as good rebounders), Noah's numbers would come down.

SteelersinCA
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
How is Varejao a hack? He's actually a really good defender (not just a flopper that he was a few years ago). Despite coming off the bench and having no plays called for him (whatsoever) he still finds himself with a lot of points. He' s got good hands, passes the ball well, every bit as energetic as Noah and (IMO) a better defender. I just think it comes down to opportunities. On a team with lots of offensive weapons (as well as good rebounders), Noah's numbers would come down.

I still think he's a flopper and a hack job. I think he's a reckless defender. I think if you took Lebron off that team lots of numbers would go down. We're allowed to disagree. I mean at this point what's left to say? you think Varejao is better I don't. The stats are out there so it's just personal opinion at this point. :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I still think he's a flopper and a hack job. I think he's a reckless defender. I think if you took Lebron off that team lots of numbers would go down. We're allowed to disagree. I mean at this point what's left to say? you think Varejao is better I don't. The stats are out there so it's just personal opinion at this point. :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that we'll disagree...just trying to figure out your reasoning. Vareajo was even garnering consideration for DPOY (which is as much Howard's award to lose annually as MVP belongs to Lebron to lose.)

Of course losing Lebron would hurt a lot of players on the Cavs. He's the best player in the game today...there isn't a single team that wouldn't benefit (greatly) from his presence on the court.

SteelersinCA
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't doubt that we'll disagree...just trying to figure out your reasoning. Vareajo was even garnering consideration for DPOY (which is as much Howard's award to lose annually as MVP belongs to Lebron to lose.)

Of course losing Lebron would hurt a lot of players on the Cavs. He's the best player in the game today...there isn't a single team that wouldn't benefit (greatly) from his presence on the court.

Every time I see him play he reminds me of a goon in hockey that's just out there to hack at people. That's my reasoning as to why he's a hack.

xfl2001fan
04-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Every time I see him play he reminds me of a goon in hockey that's just out there to hack at people. That's my reasoning as to why he's a hack.

HAHAHA Alright...that was amusing...and it's because I'm picturing his frenetic energy (on skates and in pads swinging a stick.)

xfl2001fan
04-26-2010, 03:17 PM

I watched Noah closely...and can't quite figure out how he got a 20-20...but after last nights game...and going back and watching some of the DVR'd games from earlier in the series...I'll have to change my mind.

It's ugly as hell, but Noah (right now) is better than Varejao.

Godfather
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Noah looks like an ugly woman.

SteelersinCA
04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
I watched Noah closely...and can't quite figure out how he got a 20-20...but after last nights game...and going back and watching some of the DVR'd games from earlier in the series...I'll have to change my mind.

It's ugly as hell, but Noah (right now) is better than Varejao.

They're both ugly, it's a lesser of 2 evils argument imho. I hate Noah, I hated him at UF and I hate him now.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
They're both ugly, it's a lesser of 2 evils argument imho. I hate Noah, I hated him at UF and I hate him now.

I'd still rather have Varejao (attitude, less mouth running, etc...) over Noah...but Noah just finds a way to get it done. I'd still like to see how well he'd do with the Cavs (or how well Varejao would do with the Bulls.) Varejao is very underrated IMO. At this time, though, I'll have to say that Noah is more underrated. He just didn't stand out that much to me...but he's the ugliest (his game and his face) legit I've seen in a long time. :P

revefsreleets
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Andy finished 3rd in the 6th man voting....

xfl2001fan
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Andy finished 3rd in the 6th man voting....

Nice! Good to know he is recognized for the value he brings to Cleveland. It was clear he was never going to win (it's all about Stats with these awards). Still, 3rd isn't bad.

This (coupled with a Top 10 finish on DPOY) sums up his game nicely. I think he should have been higher on the list...but that's more personal preference. The guys ahead of him are good defenders too.

revefsreleets
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
His contributions are recognized by his teammates...they know the spark his hustle brings.

fansince'76
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Cue Kenny the Jet with the "gone fishing" pic....