PDA

View Full Version : OK..Pick your #1

SteelerSal
04-20-2010, 08:31 AM
I'd like this thread to be on who we think the Steelers will pick in the first round only and I will start off with;

Earl Thomas- Safety from Texas

I still think we need a good safety for depth with Troy having problems keeping healthy all season.
Our style of defense has proven that if one of our top safeties go down, the defense as a whole takes a major step backwards.

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/steelers-talk-f1/okpick-your-1-t1499.htm

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Kyle Wilson. CB is a higher priority than S with the re-signing of Clark. Gay is no better than a nickel back and we need a shutdown corner.

Steel_Bus_24
04-20-2010, 09:40 AM
--Kyle Wilson--

would have gone Earl Thomas but somebody else is going to get him before us

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Agree on Thomas, no way we get him. Not unless we deal 18 and James Harrison to move up. And mayb e even that package wouldn't be enough. Also, Kyle Wilson is NOT a shutdown DB. He was beat ALOT last season. He is good yes. But he is not physical, and he is small. I would probably say Pouncey. But I hope they trade down to get him. And I don't know where he will play. I guess at Guard til Hartwig retires. I have other players I would rather see, but it will be either him, or Wilson, who also may be too high of a pick at 18.

Steelers>NFL
04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Pouncy in the first (trade down in first and get an extra pick)
Golden Tate and Kareem Jackson in the second (trade picks to get extra second)

revefsreleets
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Wilson if he's there, Haden if he's not, and Pouncey if HE'S not.

Kingmagyar
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Scouting reports on Kyle Wilson say he will tackle a runner if he has to, but takes the longest route there. Doesn't sound like the typical Steeler's type of corner. The Steelers really like Kareem Jackson and Charlie Casserly says at least half the teams are rating Jackson ahead of Wilson. So assuming Joe Haden, Brian Bulaga, Earl Thomas or Rolando McClaine don't slip to the Steeler's I'll say

Kareem Jackson CB.

Dark Horse Charles Brown USC Tackle

and we need an early 2nd round pick somehow to get a quality corner if we do take Pouncey in the first round.

+NuBbS+
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I say we trade down into the late 20's and grab either Devin McCourty or Maurkice Pouncey. McCourty has great intangibles and return ability. Maurkice Pouncey can be our next Dermontti Dawson. Yeah I went that far lol.

pete74
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Jared Odrick, Wilson or McClain

Youngstown Steeler
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Some people think Haden will be there. I say take him if he is, but I don't think he'll be there at 18. So then...Wilson.

taztroy43
04-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Some people think Haden will be there. I say take him if he is, but I don't think he'll be there at 18. So then...Wilson.

Youngstown Steelers..........if you're from the same town where Youngstown University is @.....do you know my cuzin named Crispin Fernandez....i think he starts for you guys @ DT and plays some FB????

Kingmagyar
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM
One Mock Draft had Joe Haden falling to 17 San Francisco. If he is still around at 15 the Steelers should trade ahead of Frisco because SF will be taking him with their pick if he is there. To move up two spots in the first round might only cost a 5th round pick. And nothing is worse then seeing the team ahead of you take the guy you want. (ie New York Jets taking Revis!) That Eric Mangini undermines the Steelers. He did it last year in Cleveland taking Alex Mack in the teens of the first round.

revefsreleets
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe we could do it to them again...sell out that we want Pouncey, then laugh as they draft a center at #1 two years in a row.

They are definitely one of the teams interested in Haden, too...

PhantomJB93
04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Kyle Wilson

But if Thomas is there (I dont think he will be) we take him. He could play CB if we needed him to fill that role.

SteelKnight
04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Kyle Wilson please.

wdsteel
04-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Paul wight 7'0" 444 would make a nice NT
but he's 34 :(

Bones
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
If Haden is still around, it should be a no-brainer.

St33lersguy
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Kyle Wilson: Thomas and Haden will probably be gone and I predict he will be BPA at position of need

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
For those here who say the Steelers will select Pouncey, or maybe want to deal back with a team like Philly. Here is a couple of interesting updates.

Eagles | Have their eye on McClain?
Comment (0)
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:52:08 -0400

Rob Rang, of CBSSports.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles may look to trade up in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft to grab University of Alabama LB Rolando McClain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Pouncey high on draft board
Comment (0)
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:51:47 -0400

Rob Rang, of CBSSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos have University of Florida C Maurkice Pouncey high on their board for the 2010 NFL Draft. The Broncos would consider Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant with their first-round pick, but if he is off the board, they would like to drop down a few spots in the first round and still get Pouncey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0lh3iVlk3

I would Imagine that Dez Bryant will be there at pick 11, so maybe dealing down to get Pouncey isn't going to be necessary. But if they do, I would think that they would have to stay above us, just because of the reports that the steelers like him as well. As for the Eagle story. I think it would be great if Mcclain is still there at 18 for us, and we can get extra 3rd rounder at 87, and still get a DB like Jackson at 24, or maybe even Saffold.

Vincent
04-20-2010, 09:38 PM

He'd make a nice defensive line. We could go 1/5/5. Or 1/4/6. Or 1/3/7 on 3rd and long.

Steelers>NFL
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
they call him the "Big Slow" :chuckle:

Steely McSmash
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Here's my comprehensive guess.

Interested to pick but gone:
Tackles: Okung, Williams, Davis, Bulaga
DB: Haden, Berry, Wilson
ILB: McClain

My guess is that they pick McCourty here or maybe with a slight trade down.

If they think Iupati or Pouncey is a really special player maybe they'd pick them. Who knows if they think that. I'd personally love to get Weatherspoon here but I doubt the team will do that.

IMO, Interior line and ILB can be had later. Top OT are gone and we could do with a developmental guy anyway since we're returning starters. Top tier corner seems to be the thing that's very hard to find later in the draft. ( only Asante Samuel was not 1st round out of last year's pro-bowl)

wdsteel
04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
lol

Merchant
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
WILSONNNNNN

guy's a baller

taztroy43
04-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Wilson would be the more realistic pick but I want to stirr things up so I'm going to say Taylor Mays!!!!!!:hatsoff:

Texasteel
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Here's my comprehensive guess.

Interested to pick but gone:
Tackles: Okung, Williams, Davis, Bulaga
DB: Haden, Berry, Wilson
ILB: McClain

I have been hoping for one of the top OTs for months, well actually years.

I am still holding out hope for Davis, but not counting on it.