PDA

View Full Version : Goodell on Mike and Mike

Ricco Suavez
04-20-2010, 07:36 AM
You can delete this or move but Goodell will be on MIke and Mike this am at 7:40 EST.

Ricco Suavez
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I do not have transcript for his segment, but they did discuss Ben's suspension. He says and I am paraphrasing, that he is still looking at the facts and working with his "kitchen cabinet" on a fair decision. The most interesting aspect to me was Golic asked Roger that BEn could very well accept his punishment but what about the players union. In my opinion he skirted the answer by saying he was in contact with the union and could not answer for them. I do not want to read too much into this but I do believe the union will file a grievance on any suspension handed down by Roger in this case. This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.

Stanley
04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I do not have transcript for his segment, but they did discuss Ben's suspension. He says and I am paraphrasing, that he is still looking at the facts and working with his "kitchen cabinet" on a fair decision. The most interesting aspect to me was Golic asked Roger that BEn could very well accept his punishment but what about the players union. In my opinion he skirted the answer by saying he was in contact with the union and could not answer for them. I do not want to read too much into this but I do believe the union will file a grievance on any suspension handed down by Roger in this case. This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.

Goodell was evsasive.
The way that he described the process would lead one to think that his final decision won't be made for several weeks or months.
However, he hinted that his ruling could be this week.
I got the impression that Goodell wants to keep the Roethlisberger affair in the headlines and keep fans speculating.
:juggle:

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't think Goodell was wavering. He said no matter what, they are not delaying anything. And won't hold it off just because the draft is coming up. I think maybe a decision might just happen sometime Wednesday.

Godfather
04-20-2010, 09:22 AM
This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.

Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning sexually assaulted me. I demand that they be suspended.

BlastFurnace
04-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning sexually assaulted me. I demand that they be suspended.

You bring up a very interesting point. Some crazed fan of another team, knowing that Ben has one more strike left on his resume, could very well accuse him before any game at any time and this whole mess starts again.

Stanley
04-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Colts Defensive Tackle Eric Foster has been accused of sexual assault.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-Eric-Foster-accused-of-sexual-assault-faces-civil-lawsuit.html

Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster allegedly sexually assaulted a Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis female student at a hotel prior to the AFC championship game and is facing a civil lawsuit, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The lawsuit makes allegations of sexual assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Per the report, no criminal charges are being pursued.

memphissteelergirl
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Colts Defensive Tackle Eric Foster has been accused of sexual assault.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-Eric-Foster-accused-of-sexual-assault-faces-civil-lawsuit.html

Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster allegedly sexually assaulted a Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis female student at a hotel prior to the AFC championship game and is facing a civil lawsuit, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The lawsuit makes allegations of sexual assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Per the report, no criminal charges are being pursued.

Can somebody say, "Slippery Slope?" :doh:

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
So will Eric Foster be suspended too?

austinfrench76
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Only people that get caught up in the media circle get suspended. Its true...the media has treated a guy who has not even been charged with a crime like a deviant. He may have made a bad decision but he is not guilty as per the constitution of the united states. This is the biggest stroy of the year for some of these radio sprots guys. Im in LA and it was all over some shitty local show for 2 weeks!!