PDA

View Full Version : Faneca gone after draft?

SteelMember
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Faneca gone after draft? (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors)
11:29
AM ET
Alan Faneca | Jets Top Email

Within a breakdown of some as of yet unreported names that could be traded this week, Michael Lombardi of National Football Post included New York Jets guard Alan Faneca. Furthermore, Lombardi wrote, Faneca is "the first to go after the draft."

Faneca is on year No. 3 of a five-year, $40 million deal. In spite of Faneca's skill level, we're not sure that any team would be interested in trading for a 34-year-old O-lineman with that kind of contract; because of this, the waiving option is more likely than a trade. The other logical extension of this rumor is that the Jets are likely to draft an interior lineman or two this weekend, possibly as early as their first overall selection at No. 29. Possibilities there include Florida C/G Maurkice Pouncey and Idaho G Mike Iupati.

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
well if he's willing to take a pay cut HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

SteelMember
04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
:sofunny:

I knew this could lead to the whole "for the vet minimum", but I just though it was ironic being that he left for a bigger contract. Now, it seems he may not even finish it out to get the money he thought he had coming.

To be fair though, even if he re-signed with the Steelers, the same thing could have happened. That's why I understand so many players wanting big signing bonuses. Nothing is guarenteed... except the up front money.

XxKnightxX
04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Either he stays goes to Arizona or, we trade for a 5th, restructure deal, retire as a grumpy steeler lol

AllD
04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
He missed out on a ring. He can buy one at a pawn shop in Vegas with his game check.

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
yeah i'm sure he's real upset about... all he'll get is the 21 mill in guaranteed money...

Faneca, 31, who has made the Pro Bowl in seven of his 10 seasons, is scheduled to be in New York today to sign the deal, pending a physical. The contract includes $21 million in guarantees, topping Chad Pennington's team-record $20 million in 2004. It's the biggest free-agent contract in Jets history, based on the average per year.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/03/01/2008-03-01_jets_sign_alan_faneca_to_richest_freeage.html#i xzz0lefZoIRG