PDA

View Full Version : Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

SteelKnight
04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
OK...things are better but I still see desperate fans panicking that we have to do something about our aging D-Line.

These were the same guys saying we had to get Carriker in 07 (the guy that was just traded for a swap of 5th round picks) because of our aging line. Three years later, I still think Hood will have trouble getting a spot. Eventually someone will get injured but it is unlikely BOTH (Smith and Keisel) will have to be replaced next year. We have time.

They can grab a developmental project late this year or focus on this next year. We have far greater needs.

I also do not want to clog up the team with an inside linebacker for those panicking about Farriors age. The 4 we have in Timmons, Farrior, Foote and Fox are all pretty good. If anything they should pick an outside linebacker to groom so Timmons does not have to switch positions in case of an injury. I don't even think the team would keep 5 inside LBs.

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
OK...things are better but I still see desperate fans panicking that we have to do something about our aging D-Line.

These were the same guys saying we had to get Carriker in 07 (the guy that was just traded for a swap of 5th round picks) because of our aging line. Three years later, I still think Hood will have trouble getting a spot. Eventually someone will get injured but it is unlikely BOTH (Smith and Keisel) will have to be replaced next year. We have time.

They can grab a developmental project late this year or focus on this next year. We have far greater needs.

why would they need to grab a developmental player when they already have a developemental player with 1 year under his belt...sonny harris...:noidea:

7willBheaven
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd rather have an LB who is mainly OLB but CAN play MLB if needed. You do not know what will happen in the future, Farrior could get hurt or cut...ya never know. Smith has been getting hurt the last few years...and sooner than later he WILL be done. There is nothing wrong with have solid backups behind everyone.

As far as your little cut on Carriker (traded in a swap of 5ths)...Carriker was playing out of position in STL...and in their eyes...being able to move up in a round to get someone who fits their scheme is the main goal...and get the player off their books in an uncapped season is a win for both. I think he will be great in WASH once he gets settled in...I wish the Steelers knew about Carrikers availability and tried to get him.

BKAnthem
04-20-2010, 07:35 PM
D line was the problem last year...we have the luxury of taking D linemen late and developing them because the Line is so good...Secondary and O line i can't say that about..bt i' was saying the same thing about the O line last year.

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
As far as your little cut on Carriker (traded in a swap of 5ths)...Carriker was playing out of position in STL...and in their eyes...being able to move up in a round to get someone who fits their scheme is the main goal...and get the player off their books in an uncapped season is a win for both. I think he will be great in WASH once he gets settled in...I wish the Steelers knew about Carrikers availability and tried to get him.

:iagree: Carriker simply didn't fit in STL. He's not a 4-3 DT but rather a 3-4 DE. I would've loved to see him play for the Steelers.

taztroy43
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
:iagree: Carriker simply didn't fit in STL. He's not a 4-3 DT but rather a 3-4 DE. I would've loved to see him play for the Steelers.

I would of loved that as well!!! He would of been a GREAT pickup for us for only a swap of 5th rounders....C'MON you can't get 1st round talent w/ NFL experience(w/o off the field issues!) for a swap of 5's!!!! We should of jumped on that ship!!!!! but ohh well:noidea: