PDA

View Full Version : Byron Leftwich or Dixon

polamalubeast
04-20-2010, 05:46 PM
As Ben will be suspended, that would be your starting QB for the first game of the season?

stillers4me
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM

TampaSteelerFan
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
DIXON! I saw Byron here in Tampa last year and he was so bad he lost the starting job to Josh Johnson (who?). Leftwich is just painful to watch.

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Dixon. He has more of an upside over the Statue

SteelGhost
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Dixon. He has more of an upside over the Statue

The Statue :rofl:

I like BL and it's nice to have him back, but I voted DD.

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Glad to have Lefty back, but Dixon proved himself to me against the Rats last year

I was AT that game, and the Ravens fans were shocked. I loved every second of it.

Tagg67
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Why is the world would we need washed up Leftwich? He didn't do much when he was in Pittsburgh before.

I live in Tampa, but the Steelers are my team. The Tampa fans don't even like Leftwich.

Big mistake IMO.

GO STEELERS

Tagg67
04-20-2010, 06:27 PM
DIXON! I saw Byron here in Tampa last year and he was so bad he lost the starting job to Josh Johnson (who?). Leftwich is just painful to watch.

I live in Tampa too, and you are right. Leftwich lost the position to the ROOKIE, who turned out to be better in the long run.

I Can't believe it :(

Bones
04-20-2010, 06:27 PM
It should be Dixon...Leftwich is only here for insurance.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Lefty did have a nice game against Washington. But that was his Home town, and he was motivated with his family and friends there. But the rest of the games, he was way less than average. Dixon deserves the chance to legitimately compete during the pre-season.

steel9guy
04-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok if we start leftwich he's gonna get killed behind the line. DIXON !!!! he's a great back up for Ben

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Dixon should be playing WR. The love for him at QB is so ridiculous...but can't expect anything less from Steeler fans. I'm sure most of you would love to go back to the Kordell era and get rid of Ben too.

pete74
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
i would rather dixon start. byron is older and dosnt really have a future were at least dixon has a chance

pete74
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Dixon should be playing WR. The love for him at QB is so ridiculous...but can't expect anything less from Steeler fans. I'm sure most of you would love to go back to the Kordell era and get rid of Ben too.

were are you from?

you always compare dixon to kordell and there nothing alike. i assume your making the comparison because there both black which would not only be an uneducated comparison but a stupied one at that

steeldawg
04-20-2010, 07:12 PM

I have to disagree with you here we dont have an offense where the qb can just take 3 step drop and throw the ball our qb has to be able to create plays by moving around, and let's be honest byron is a statue back there with a long windup and delivery. I agree he is more experienced but i have to go with dixon on this one.

HometownGal
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Lefty - hands down.

I think Dixon is going to be damned good but that being said, I'd prefer Lefty to step in for Ben as he did a stellar job while he was here.

Prok
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Tampa doesn't have our WR corps. I'd take Lefty in a heartbeat !

:tt:

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
were are you from?

you always compare dixon to kordell and there nothing alike. i assume your making the comparison because there both black which would not only be an uneducated comparison but a stupied one at that

They're both inaccurate scramblers...sounds like a pretty valid comparison to me.

LVSteelersfan
I would prefer that Goodell disappears off the face of the earth somehow and the Ben suspension never happens. I think Lefty has a better chance of winning games than Dixon does. But we will see what happens in training camp and preseason. I actually thought Batch would be the starter over Dixon before the trade.

Shoes
Tampa doesn't have our WR corps. I'd take Lefty in a heartbeat !

:tt:

Lefty to Mike Wallace all day......Wallace won't have to break a stride.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Lefty - hands down.

I think Dixon is going to be damned good but that being said, I'd prefer Lefty to step in for Ben as he did a stellar job while he was here.

Hey Gal,,,Hands down...? How is that ? Lefty played against horrid teams when he was here, and only did good against a Washington team that sucked to. But that was his Home town. I mean Lefty was so good he couldn't beat out two rookies in Tampa . I like him. But no way should he just be GIVEN the starters job. He should be made to beat out Dixon in camp, and pre-season games.

Any other opinion then that is just plain ridiculous!

Kaeg
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
This one was close. I went with Dixon because I'm anxious to see this upside I think/hope he has. I think it's a nice problem to have though, and feel sort of comfortable with either one. But of course not as comfortable as with BB.

LVSteelersfan
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Lefty to Mike Wallace all day......Wallace won't have to break a stride.

That I can agree to. That laser pass to Sweed that was dropped was right on target and out of there fast. Ben makes Wallace come back to the ball all of the time which leads me to believe he is not capable of getting the ball out early on a timing route to catch Wallace in stride. He just throws the ball up for grabs and Wallace was fighting for possession instead of running away from them. Ben should be working on that aspect in the offseason instead of screwing around in college bars. Maybe he will get religion like Ray Ray did. (yeah sure Ray, I really believe you are a religious person :flap:

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey Gal,,,Hands down...? How is that ? Lefty played against horrid teams when he was here, and only did good against a Washington team that sucked to. But that was his Home town. I mean Lefty was so good he couldn't beat out two rookies in Tampa . I like him. But no way should he just be GIVEN the starters job. He should be made to beat out Dixon in camp, and pre-season games.

Actually Lefty did beat them out in training camp numb nuts. Tampa was just so bad as a team after the first few games they figured they'd give the young guys experience rather than waste a season under an aging veteran.

Lefty is head and shoulders above Dixon. Dixon is no better than Randel El at QB.

Venom
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
4 Quarterbacks ??? Do the Steelers know something we don't know ? Hmmmmmm

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
4 Quarterbacks ??? Do the Steelers know something we don't know ? Hmmmmmm

Ben won't count against the roster during his suspension and Batch will most likely be let go once Ben returns. Not that hard to figure out.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Did you really just say that?

What an idiot.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
:popcorn:Ben won't count against the roster during his suspension and Batch will most likely be let go once Ben returns. Not that hard to figure out.

Yeah, and I just BET that after Ben's suspension that you think Dixon should be cut right ? Or no wait...moved to WR right ? Look son...Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.:popcorn::drink::blah:

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Ben won't count against the roster during his suspension and Batch will most likely be let go once Ben returns. Not that hard to figure out.

:popcorn:

Yeah, and I just BET that after Ben's suspension that you think Dixon should be cut right ? Or no wait...moved to WR right ? Look son...Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.:popcorn::drink::blah:

Why are you two such assholes? And where did we get you two assholes from? Asshole Depot? :noidea:

Prok
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
LOL @ the pissing match in this thread.

That is all.

:chuckle:

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Why are you two such assholes? And where did we get you two assholes from? Asshole Depot? :noidea:

Me ?,,no..I came from " Assholes " R " Us ":hatsoff:

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
:popcorn:

You're the one who absolutely has no arguement why Dixon is such a fantastic quarterback other than COLLEGE stats. History strongly supports that with the type of QB Dixon is, college stats mean absolutely nothing and I gave you good examples of that in the other thread.

And yes, personally I'd rather them keep Batch and convert Dixon to a WR. Batch is atleast capable of dropping back, reading coverage, firing with some accuracy. If Dixon is smart, he'd start working on his WR routes while he's still young enough to change positions. He'll be nothing better than a change of pace backup QB throughout his career...Randel El was smart enough to make the position change right from the start, and he ended up getting a pretty nice chunk of change out of it.

Prok
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM

:rofl:

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
You're the one who absolutely has no arguement why Dixon is such a fantastic quarterback other than COLLEGE stats. History strongly supports that with the type of QB Dixon is, college stats mean absolutely nothing and I gave you good examples of that in the other thread.

And yes, personally I'd rather them keep Batch and convert Dixon to a WR. Batch is atleast capable of dropping back, reading coverage, firing with some accuracy. If Dixon is smart, he'd start working on his WR routes while he's still young enough to change positions. He'll be nothing better than a change of pace backup QB throughout his career...Randel El was smart enough to make the position change right from the start, and he ended up getting a pretty nice chunk of change out of it.

Dixon got a 29 on his Wonderlic test...Remind me again what that GREAT QB Lefty got when he was drafted ? And what about Big Ben ? Did either of those guys score higher than a 29 ? Cause that shows IF Dixon perhaps has the " SMARTS " as you say to learn, and read coverage.

VegasStlrFan
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I'd take Lefty for a short term fix now, he was good for us in '08 and throws a nice ball (don't know if the Tampa comparison is relevant, different WR, RB, OC, Schemes, Oline, etc...). Why waste a draft pick if your not planning on using him. If he doesn't cut it go with Dixon.

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Dixon got a 29 on his Wonderlic test...Remind me again what that GREAT QB Lefty got when he was drafted ? And what about Big Ben ? Did either of those guys score higher than a 29 ? Cause that shows IF Dixon perhaps has the " SMARTS " as you say to learn, and read coverage.

Now going to the wonderlic test. LOL you have absolutely no credible arguement whatsoever and it shows more and more by each post you make.

Troy Smith and Pat White > Dennis Dixon ....and Smith/White will never eeeeever become starters in the NFL. Only in Pittsburgh are some of the fans dumb enough to be pulling for a QB like Dennis Dixon to be the starter.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Drunk, Fat Boy!! I never ever said that Dixon SHOULD be the starter. I said that I definitely feel that Lefty, or Batch should have to have a EQUAL competition against Dixon for the job in camp, and pre-season games.
And if Lefty plays better, then start him. Now how is that not fair ?

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Drunk, Fat Boy!! I never ever said that Dixon SHOULD be the starter. I said that I definitely feel that Lefty, or Batch should have to have a EQUAL competition against Dixon for the job in camp, and pre-season games.
And if Lefty plays better, then start him. Now how is that not fair ?

Nothing wrong with some competition...the more the better. I also agree with you that Lefty will not be handed the starting job during Ben's suspension, he will have to earn it.

In the other threads though you talk about Dixon being so great and having the ability to be a starting NFL caliber QB and sorry I just don't see it whatsoever.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Me ?,,no..I came from " Assholes " R " Us ":hatsoff:

I knew you'd eventually say something that made sense.

SteelerFanInATL
04-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Was it him or TB. He looked great here 2 years ago when he had to replace Ben:tt02::tt04::tt:

stillers4me
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Was it him or TB. He looked great here 2 years ago when he had to replace Ben:tt02::tt04::tt:

Are we talking about the Leftwich that played with an offense that went on to win a superbowl or the Leftwich that played with the team that has the 3rd pick in the NFL draft? Big difference.

86WARD
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
It should be Dixon...Leftwich is only here for insurance.

^this. End of Discussion.

TampaSteelerFan
04-20-2010, 11:37 PM

Oh don't get me wrong he definitely had a huge lack of talent around him in TB last year.
The problem is that he has ZERO mobility so he is basically a statue in the pocket. And if you combine that with his baseball pitcher-like wind up throwing motion, he is a disaster waiting to happen if the Steelers are forced to use him. I'm sure he's just there as an insurance policy though like somebody said.

Dixon baby! :tt04:

steelerdude15
04-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Byron because he has more experience, I just can't wait for Ben to start.

Steeldude
04-21-2010, 01:23 AM
i chose batch over dixon so there is no way i am not going to choose leftwich over kordell...i mean dixon.

JCPsteelers
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM

The funny part is that Kordell was ten times better than Dixon yet fans here act like Dennis Dixon is some kind of potential Hall of Famer.. Did you see the same game that I did vs the Ravens where his throwing was god awful and other than one pass to Holmes (blown coverage/Foxworth couldn't cover my grandma) and his 30 yard run he did nothing in the game that was that impressive. He threw a great pass to a Ravens DE that cost us a playoff spot though..

Great trade by FO by getting Leftwich back in here.. We at least will have a competent QB since Dictator Goodell will suspend Big Ben for "allegations"

MACH1
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
i chose batch over dixon so there is no way i am not going to choose leftwich over kordell...i mean dixon.

:chuckle:

JSH6487
04-21-2010, 02:15 AM
The funny part is that Kordell was ten times better than Dixon yet fans here act like Dennis Dixon is some kind of potential Hall of Famer.. Did you see the same game that I did vs the Ravens where his throwing was god awful and other than one pass to Holmes (blown coverage/Foxworth couldn't cover my grandma) and his 30 yard run he did nothing in the game that was that impressive. He threw a great pass to a Ravens DE that cost us a playoff spot though..

Great trade by FO by getting Leftwich back in here.. We at least will have a competent QB since Dictator Goodell will suspend Big Ben for "allegations"

Thank you...someone here with some knowledge. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
04-21-2010, 04:43 AM
I think they have to give the nod to Dixon he needs playing time. If he don't do well then I would say you will see Leftwich. I believe that Dixon just needs to get on the field.

Rick5895
04-21-2010, 05:34 AM
I think they have to give the nod to Dixon he needs playing time. If he don't do well then I would say you will see Leftwich. I believe that Dixon just needs to get on the field.

Exactly. I believe Dixon will get the opportunity to start, and if he doesn't do well, then it will be Leftwich. IMO, I believe Dixon will be a good NFL QB, he has a decent arm , good mobility and this will be his third season with us, he certainly know the O.
I loved what Leftwich did in 08, but that was against Washington and Cleveland. I think Byron is a great pickup and it is one that may signal the end of Batch when we get Ben back from suspension.

tube517
04-21-2010, 06:18 AM
True. But at least Dixon could hand off to Mendy and not break his hand.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

steelerohio
04-21-2010, 07:53 AM
I picked Byron but I know the coaches will put in who's the better QB...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Lefty - hands down.

I agreee with this line of thought. Leftwich can manage the game and has won in this league. Dixon will be productive, but might not be as far along as we hope.

Plus, Dixon can then play WR since Bongtonio is gone.

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Although Goodell sucks, I voted for Dixon.

Give me youth if I can't have Ben!

Indo
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM

Why is it that EVERY opinion other than yours in every thread that you post in is "just plain ridiculous?"
You do realize that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of members of this board and ALL OF THEM probably have an opinion which is different from yours, don't you?

It would be nice if you would start showing some RESPECT to others...

stlrtruck
04-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Sorry man but Lefty wasn't the problem. The bucs coaches and owners were looking for a scapegoat and they found it in Lefty. The problem wasn't Lefty it was the entire offensive production, the play calling, etc. They didn't fair much better after Lefty was benched.