PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1250 Radio..

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Was just listening to a Interview with a guy who said he talked with a Steeler source with direct knowledge with the Steelers draft plans. And he said that the steelers have definitely narrowed their choices to three different players they really like.
He said that Pittsburgh really likes Alabama DB Kareem Jackson. He said that Pittsburgh doesn't really want to take him at 18. But he said that they now know Jackson is rising up teams boards, and that they may have to either trade up in round 2, or down slightly from 18. He also said that thet love WR Emmanuel Sanders from SMU And lb Sean Lee from Penn State.

Take it for what it is worth. But he did say that Kyle Wilson, and Haden are no longer on their board, even if both are at 18.

Nadroj 20
04-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Im sorry i dont believe that they wouldnt take haden or wilson at 18 "because they were off their board".....if they dont take them it is because they feel another guy would suit them better, but i dont think they have completely ruled out those two players.....how could they?

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't know. Maybe because Haden is slow, doesn't have the fluidest of Hips, and he was helped alot by maybe college footballs BEST front-7, and their pass rush. On Wilson, maybe because " Prime Time " Sanders is 100 times more Physical on the field than Wilson is. And we MUST have our DB's be soled tacklers. Maybe they like Jackson cause he is a good Athlete, strong, and played in a traditional NFL 3-4 style Defense at Alabama, and that maybe Jackson would adapt quicker knowing that defense.

Maybe ?????

atlee731
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=whatdoiknow;805150He also said that thet love WR Emmanuel Sanders from SMU And lb Sean Lee from Penn State.
[/QUOTE]

Sean Lee in the 3rd.... I'm all for it.

Trade down and then package some picks for a high 2nd.

1. Pouncey
2. Jackson
3. Lee

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Sean Lee in the 3rd.... I'm all for it.

Trade down and then package some picks for a high 2nd.

1. Pouncey
2. Jackson
3. Lee

I'd be very happy with those 3 picks but with all of the hype about Jackson right now, I don't think that he makes it out of the 1st.

cloppbeast
04-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Look guy, if you don't believe it, then go to 1250 ESPN radio. They are talking about it right now. ?

What's your deal dude? I hope the mods see this.

SS43Polamalu
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM

They already missed him calling a picture of another members kids ugly, he wrote it then edited it before the Mods got a look at it.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM

Hey man, I don't care if they do. I didn't want to start anything with him. He started it with me. If you can't see that then maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said I agreed with what I heard. Just that it WAS reported on 1250 AM. That does not give him the right to call me out as a Instigator does it ? Or a liar ?

Look, if he wants to stop it, then I will to. Just respond to my message, and not the poster writing it.

cloppbeast
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey man, I don't care if they do. I didn't want to start anything with him. He started it with me. If you can't see that then maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said I agreed with what I heard. Just that it WAS reported on 1250 AM. That does not give him the right to call me out as a Instigator does it ? Or a liar ?

Look, if he wants to stop it, then I will to. Just respond to my message, and not the poster writing it.

Man, you've already been starting stuff with me on the other board. If you aren't insulting somebody, you're at least being very sarcastic and rude. I don't understand why. I wish we could have civil discussions without the emotions, sarcasm, insults and name-calling.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Okay Beast, sorry. But if this report is accurate, how would you feel about Pittsburgh selecting Jackson at 18 over Wilson. BTW I truly expect Haden to be gone,,,probably by the 49ers. But does Jackson over Kyle Wilson anger you, or anyone else ?

cloppbeast
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Okay Beast, sorry.

cool

But if this report is accurate, how would you feel about Pittsburgh selecting Jackson at 18 over Wilson. BTW I truly expect Haden to be gone,,,probably by the 49ers. But does Jackson over Kyle Wilson anger you, or anyone else ?

They might get Jackson with their second pick, so yes, I would be angry.. If they want Jackson, they may as well trade back in the 1st in order to trade up in the 2nd to secure Jackson. At the least trade back in the first to take him.

steelerdave1969
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM

ITS TIME FOR THE KIDS TO GO TO BED. I HOPE THE MODS DO US ALL A FAVOR AND SIT CAN THIS KID

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
cool

They might get Jackson with their second pick, so yes, I would be angry.. If they want Jackson, they may as well trade back in the 1st in order to trade up in the 2nd to secure Jackson. At the least trade back in the first to take him.

I agree Beast. But the problem is, if Jackson is truly rising up boards like it is reported, and could be gone anywhere in the 24-30 range, and the Steelers really liked him. Would they trade down, and possibly risk losing him to a team right above them ? I mean Beast, you KNOW Football, and the draft. And beast, you KNOW that every draft it always seems like some player who we all THOUGHT was nowhere near a 1st round player, gets drafted in the 1st round. Maybe Jackson is that one this draft. But I agree Beast. If the KFFL reports I posted are true, and that the Eagles may want to deal up to get McClain for their LB spot. And if McClain is still there at 18, then I would love to see how badly Philly wants him. Maybe they might give us their second, 2nd rounder along with their pick at 24. Then we can take Jackson at 24, and still have two, 2nd rounders Beast.

That would work a WHOLE lot better for me as a fan then staying at 18, and hearing Kareem Jackson's name called.

But Hey....Whatdoiknow.

tony hipchest
04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
its all smokescreen. "source who is close" = plant.

we all know how much the steelers coveted revis a few years back and look what happened.

dallas, philly, and several others would be more than glad to leapfrog us, and im sure the 49ers would have no problem dropping back.

IF the steelers are looking to trade (either up or down) they wanna drum up as much interest for guys like pouncy, iupati, wilson, e. thomas, haden, assuming they are on the board.

SteelerFanInStl
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
its all smokescreen. "source who is close" = plant.

we all know how much the steelers coveted revis a few years back and look what happened.

dallas, philly, and several others would be more than glad to leapfrog us, and im sure the 49ers would have no problem dropping back.

IF the steelers are looking to trade (either up or down) they wanna drum up as much interest for guys like pouncy, iupati, wilson, e. thomas, haden, assuming they are on the board.

:iagree: There's so much crap that gets reported prior to the draft that you just have no way of knowing what's true and what isn't. No team is gonna give away their plan.

If the Steelers like Jackson better than Haden and Wilson then I'll just have to trust their judgement and see how it works out. I'm just hoping for a CB that can jump in this year and be productive.

blitzburgh56
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm just hoping for a CB that can jump in this year and be productive.

That would be Joe Haden or Earl Thomas.

Nadroj 20
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM

I don't care what you heard just because some radio guy says it doesn't mean it is true I don't buy it at all.....nothing against you

whatdoiknow
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't care what you heard just because some radio guy says it doesn't mean it is true I don't buy it at all.....nothing against you

And you know what ?......You very well may be right. I can accept that. I never stated this was a done deal fact! Just that it was stated. Who knows, maybe it is all just a smokescreen. Also, even if this guy does have a highly placed source in the steelers War room,,,why would he break that guys trust and annouce this on a ESPN Radio affiliate ? I mean he would have to know that it would get back to the source, and that
whoever that source was would know that the reporter broke his confidence.
So you, as well as others here might be correct. I was just passing it along cause I thought some here might want to know, that's all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't know. Maybe because Haden is slow, doesn't have the fluidest of Hips, and he was helped alot by maybe college footballs BEST front-7, and their pass rush. On Wilson, maybe because " Prime Time " Sanders is 100 times more Physical on the field than Wilson is. And we MUST have our DB's be soled tacklers. Maybe they like Jackson cause he is a good Athlete, strong, and played in a traditional NFL 3-4 style Defense at Alabama, and that maybe Jackson would adapt quicker knowing that defense.

Maybe ?????

#1) You really need to stop making statements without a verified source.

#2) Haden is not "slow"...he ran a 4.43 at his Pro-Day.

#3) Refer to #1

whatdoiknow
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Lambert, Haden did run better at his Pro Day. But those times are timed by the Florida coaching staffs, and not the league GM's who attend them. I also remember Ex-Steeler WR Jeff Graham being timed at Ohio States Pro Day at a 4.12 forty. This after running a Combine time of 4.51, so Lambert, do you believe that 4.12 forty time ? Cause I remember him on the field for us,,,and he never looked that fast. I mean that's blowing away Chris Johnson's time. Also Lambert, if Haden's ONLY shortcoming was his timed 40 speed. And GM's were convinced that his rather slow combine time was a fluke, no way in hell would Haden ever get lower than the 5th pick. CB's are like " Gold ", and are selected really high. So if Haden is suspected to be in the 13-17 range,,,you know he has other worries. And many scouts I have watched on TV have stated those worries.
Like how he is not fluid in turning his Hips. Or how he is not that quick on his back peddle. Or how at Florida, in their defense, they have the CB's play in a zone coverage where they have their back to the sideline, therefor cutting that section off and only having to cover less of a area.

So believe me Lambert,,,Haden is NOT a elite level DB. No matter what you may like to believe.

revefsreleets
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Um...isn't 1250 the source that was 100% sure that Arians was 100% fired? A report that some on this board STILL won't acknowledge they were wrong about?

Sorry, fruit of a poisoned tree...get caught making shit up for publicity once, and I'll never believe you again.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Lambert, Haden did run better at his Pro Day. But those times are timed by the Florida coaching staffs, and not the league GM's who attend them.

:doh: Wrong...

There are several scouts at these events who also time the 40. Watch the video of his pro-day 40...(all those guys with stopwatches with NFL logos on their caps...are not from Florida) If the times had been "off" ...it would have been caught.

I also remember Ex-Steeler WR Jeff Graham being timed at Ohio States Pro Day at a 4.12 forty. This after running a Combine time of 4.51,

This statement is a pefect point....Provide a link to back this up....or its irrelevant.
:link:

so Lambert, do you believe that 4.12 forty time ?

No....because I said he ran a 4.3. :banging:

if Haden's ONLY shortcoming was his timed 40 speed. And GM's were convinced that his rather slow combine time was a fluke, no way in hell would Haden ever get lower than the 5th pick. CB's are like " Gold ", and are selected really high. So if Haden is suspected to be in the 13-17 range,,,you know he has other worries.

Really?...Here are the last several years worth of first round CB's.

#14 Malcolm Jenkins
#25 Vontae Davis

#11 Leodis McKelvin
#16 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
#20 Aqib Talib
#25 Mike Jenkins
#27 Antoine Cason

#14 Darrelle Revis
#18 Leon Hall
#20 Aaron Ross

#15 Tye Hill
#19 Antonio Cromartie
#24 Johnathan Joseph

(I guess that Leodis McKelvin is the only "golden" CB in the last 5 years):chuckle:

And many scouts I have watched on TV have stated those worries.

Again...without a link...this is just another "made up" fact.... its just :bs: ....Like when you said your "read" that profootballweekly was reporting Wallace as a holdout....and when you said you "heard" that Dan Williams is reported to not be able to play 3-4 NT. None of these things ever happened.

Quit making things up.:nono:

So believe me Lambert,,,Haden is NOT a elite level DB. No matter what you may like to believe

The things I "believe" are based on actually scouting reports...legitimate sportswriters...and trustworthy internet sites, of which I provide "links". I find this to be a much more solid foundation for discussion then in just making wild claims and trying to convince people that I have monkeys flying out of my butt.:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Um...isn't 1250 the source that was 100% sure that Arians was 100% fired? A report that some on this board STILL won't acknowledge they were wrong about?

Sorry, fruit of a poisoned tree...get caught making shit up for publicity once, and I'll never believe you again.

so then you've stopped listening to used car salesmen ... :noidea:

you ----> :fishing: <----- cleveland used car salesman

PittdaBurgh56
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Lambert:applaudit:
Very nice points that followed by fact and education. You sir is what this board needs more of.

PittdaBurgh56
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Btw Big ben reported 4-6 games suspension but could be reduce if he follows rules noted

This is on espn and other various sources

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
This is how it is done.

Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to multiple sources.

When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.

Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games.

Last month a 20-year-old college student accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub. Last week, prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in the case.

On Tuesday, the Steelers traded a seventh-round pick in this week's NFL draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for quarterback Byron Leftwich, adding depth to the position in anticipation of a possible Roethlisberger suspension.

Leftwich backed up Roethlisberger in 2008, when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. He knows offensive coordinator Bruce Arians' system and could be ready to play Sept. 12 when the Steelers open against the Atlanta Falcons.

The Steelers play three teams that didn't make the playoffs this past season -- the Falcons, Bucs and Tennessee Titans -- plus the division rival Baltimore Ravens in their first four games, a period that could span any Roethlisberger suspension.

Pittsburgh hosts the Cleveland Browns in its fifth game and travels to Miami to face the Dolphins in its sixth game. The Steelers have a bye in Week 5.

Pittsburgh already has third-year quarterback Dennis Dixon and longtime backup Charlie Batch under contract. Batch has been injured each of the past two seasons. Dixon has started only one NFL game but likely would compete with Leftwich in training camp to be the early-season starter if Roethlisberger is suspended.

Leftwich, 30, played in five games for Pittsburgh in 2008, throwing for 303 yards and two touchdowns. He was 7-of-10 for 129 yards and a touchdown while replacing the injured Roethlisberger against the Washington Redskins on Nov. 3, 2008.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

revefsreleets
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
so then you've stopped listening to used car salesmen ... :noidea:

you ----> :fishing: <----- cleveland used car salesman

Aha....I feel sorry for you, too...you should really hitch your wagon to a brighter star than Tony.

I provided links to that REPORTED STORY. It was in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It was reported by a reporter who as present at the event. It was the Cleveland Auto Dealers Association luncheon, and those were Cowher's actual words.

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to take a recorded and reported story that was heard by hundreds of people over the word of a publicity seeking attention w hore who doesn't know his dick from a hole in the ground reporting 100% FALSE information any day.

Used Car salesman...that's cute, coming from a school bus driver...

wdsteel
04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Woot #58

a trade down with cards form your other thread.. would be nice trade 1st round picks and pick up 2 3rd rounds would be nice..then we can package up the rest of the 5th and highers for picks next year or back into the late 3rd or 4th

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Aha....I feel sorry for you, too...you should really hitch your wagon to a brighter star than Tony.

I provided links to that REPORTED STORY. It was in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It was reported by a reporter who as present at the event. It was the Cleveland Auto Dealers Association luncheon, and those were Cowher's actual words.

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to take a recorded and reported story that was heard by hundreds of people over the word of a publicity seeking attention w hore who doesn't know his dick from a hole in the ground reporting 100% FALSE information any day.

Used Car salesman...that's cute, coming from a school bus driver...
hate to burst your bubble all knowing one, but i haven't been on a school bus in about 25 years.which happens to be almost the same amount of time i've worked out of a union construction local..... so maybe you should hitch your lips right here ... :moon: ...nobody kisses an ass quite like a pesky salesman ...

revefsreleets
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Ehhhh....floor installation, school bus driver....what's the difference?

Doesn't change the facts about what Cowher said.

steelerdude15
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm really not liking ESPN radio anymore. Especially Jason Smith, he just won't leave Ben alone anymore.

GBMelBlount
04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I find this to be a much more solid foundation for discussion then in just making wild claims and trying to convince people that I have monkeys flying out of my butt.:noidea:

If you told me you had monkeys flying out your butt I would believe you LLT.

No links necessary.

But that's just me. :chuckle: