PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

boLT fan
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Normally, Ben Roethislburger is one of my favorite QB's to watch. He's always so up beat and full of life.

It's it just me, or during the Superbowl did he seem like a zombie? I didn't even see him celebrating anywhere after the win. Maybe this led to his 29 QB Rating? Or the other way around?

melroseplace
02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I think he was just shell shocked. that's my take on it, anyways

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 04:27 PM
He sure didn't seem like he was playing as he did in the rest of the Play-Off games......

But he did make some fantastic plays and the right moments that definatley helped the Steelers get their victory.

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!

SteelerFanInCA
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I think it finally all sunk in. The attention and the whole pressure of playing in this big game. He had some what of a sureal look to him as though he couldn't believe he had just won the Super Bowl.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Normally, Ben Roethislburger is one of my favorite QB's to watch. He's always so up beat and full of life.

It's it just me, or during the Superbowl did he seem like a zombie? I didn't even see him celebrating anywhere after the win. Maybe this led to his 29 QB Rating? Or the other way around?

I think it might have had something to do with him being 23 years old and in his first Super Bowl (in which he won). I think it also had something to do with playing three road games and winning all three against a number one seed, a number two seed and a number three seed. I think it also had something to do with the Seattle defense. To be honest, the whole team looked like a bunch of zombie's in that first half, not just Ben.

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
In one of the few post-game comments I heard him make, Roethlisberger said that he was more nervous before this game than before any game he's ever played.

I think his nerves and youth got to him. He had a pretty miserable game passing, but still made some decent plays. The shovel pass was amazing. Obviously the pass to Ward at the 3 to set up the first half TD was amazing. To be aware of the line of scrimmage the way he was, was simply amazing. He did enough on his TD run to break the goal line and he got the first down late in the 4th to seal up the game. I think he knows he has stuff to work on. Actually, I think his performance will motivate him to get back and to stand where Ward was as Super Bowl MVP.

His performance throughout the playoffs was amazing. Yesterday he simply did enough to win. That is more than any other QB in the NFL can say today.

SteelerFanInCA
02-06-2006, 04:42 PM
His performance throughout the playoffs was amazing. Yesterday he simply did enough to win. That is more than any other QB in the NFL can say today.[/QUOTE]
Not even Palmer, Manning or Plummer.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Maybe it was the Seattle defense which held Pittsburgh's much vaunted offense to six yards in the first quarter. The defense that didn't allow Pittsburgh a first down until 3 minutes into the second quarter. Or the defense that intercepted him twice. Or the defense that, except for 1 good run and 1 good pass, held Pittsburgh to 221 yards total offense.

Still, props to Pittsburgh. Especially for the "gadget" play that sealed the game. Nothing wroing with tricks if they work.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, victory is sweet......lol

Justin Otstott
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
im kinda pissed off by what some people are saying "some that are Eagles fans" about the trick plays we done I mean come on u can't be serious...But Ben after the game made me think as well...I mean the guy looked like he lost the game more then won...who knows what he was thinking but im so happy we finally did it.

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 05:25 PM
I think he knew his mistakes could've cost the Steelers the game.

Sometimes you come through for the team, and sometimes they come through for you.

Lambertfan
02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Watching the Whole Sperbowl was way overdone with interviews and more interviews,it looked like a fishbowl!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't let me get started about the local tv channels............just shoot meeee.
I do not know how Ben made it through it in one piece.....Way to go Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaish15
02-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I think he wasn't happy about how he played and all Seahawk fans are saying how he cheated with his dive for the touchdown. After the game I can't explain whyt he didn't seem happier.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I think Ben just had a case of the jitters. It was his nerves. He's only 23 years old and last night's game was the biggest of his life. And so what if the Steelers have some gadget plays up their sleeve? Whoop-de-do. There's no law saying that those plays are illegal. They're good plays and the Steelers use them all season long. I'm sure there are no rules saying that a team can't use gadget plays in the Super Bowl. Not our fault the Seahags weren't ready for them or couldn't defend against them. They're just sore cuz they're not as brilliant as our Steelers...(lol). :bouncy:

I think Ben was happy after the game. I think it just hadn't sunk in yet. :smile:

OX1947
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Its all refs and big plays that are talked about. How bout both defenses. Seattle played unbelievable defense in this game and they deserve the credit for messing things up for us. We won on 3 big plays. Just like a baseball team who score 3 runs on 3 HRs with only 5 hits in the game. Seattle was more at 12 hits but only one run to use an analogy.

Big Ben Im sure was 50/50 in his emotions. One being happy about the win and another being relieve that he didnt screw it up for us. Even though he didnt play as well, he did what he needed to win and if not for Big Ben, we dont even win one playoff game. People still forget we were done by 10 twice to the Bungals in the first game and his play in Indy and Denver put the daggers in those two teams.....

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Big Ben and the entire Steelers offense looked like they were trying not to lose the game so it seemed like they came out flat. Combine that with really good 'Hawks defense and it's not surprising that our guys looked terrible on offense for much of the game.

As far as his post-game reaction, who knows how a guy is supposed to act after something like that. I don't know if Ben's HS teams ever played for state titles but I do know that his college team never did so maybe he was just shocked speechless.

Even as a fan, I was totally dumbstruck. All I did was drink a few Bloody Mary's and chill on the couch and I still couldn't believe what happened. I can only imagine what it was like playing in the biggest game of your life and accomplishing something in your second year that several great players never got done.

I'd rather that Ben reacted with the quiet humility he had than as some egotisitical jerkoff who thought he was awesome. Ben seemed to keep it all in perspective and I'm sure he'll shake off any bad feelings he had about his performance and learn from the experience. Just look at the great strides he made after stinking it up in the AFCC game last season.

Hopefully Ben gets a couple more shots at redeeming himself and proving that his performance in his first SB was a fluke. He seems to have what it takes to go down as one of the great winners in the NFL and with the job Cowher, the front office staff and the players consistently give us, he'll get his chances.

Long live Big Ben and all of the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Damn it feels good to write that.

rgleason
02-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I dont know what telecast you guys were watching after the game, but when they showed Ben, he was in tears. Not losing it, but tears. He's a true competitor and he shows it. I'm sure he wished he would have been a bigger part, but he made the plays when we needed it.

Make no mistake, the biggest reason we got the trophy was Ben. Ben has put up some pretty solid numbers the first two years, and he has a trophy. On the food chain, I'm not going to list who he is ahead, but not many are ahead.