PDA

View Full Version : Porter was right...

SteelerFanInATL
02-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Joey Porter was right, Jeremy Stevens is soft. He will go down in history as the TE for the Seahawks who couldn't Walk the walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70c10
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Jeremy Stevens blows. Joey was a non-factor as well.

SteelerFanInCA
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Bottom line - great players make great plays. He is definitely a first round bust.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-06-2006, 05:15 PM
He wrote checks with his mouth that his HANDS couldn't cash.

Who left SB XL crying without the Lombardi?This bitch did!

marksashton
02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Joey Porter was right, Jeremy Stevens is soft. He will go down in history as the TE for the Seahawks who couldn't Walk the walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porter's biggest play of the game was taunting Stevens as he lay on the ground after dropping his 18th pass of the night. That's character for you - on both sides of the ball.

SteelerFanInATL
02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Jeremy Stevens blows. Joey was a non-factor as well.

Although Porters name was not called too much last night, If given the opertunity to make more tackles, compared to Stevens opp to catch the football, what do you think would have happened.

P.S. Who would you walk down the alley with???????????????????????

BB2W
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Stevens took some pretty big hits from our secondary.

blitzburgher
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
joey didn't have a great game ,but at least he was right about jeremy stevens

TheButt
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Porter's biggest play of the game was taunting Stevens as he lay on the ground after dropping his 18th pass of the night. That's character for you - on both sides of the ball.

It wasnt Porter. Pay attention.

Justin Otstott
02-06-2006, 05:22 PM
yea I agree with everybody about Porter and that punk ass bitch! ha

Koopa
02-06-2006, 06:28 PM
this game might've ended his career, now he has to live with the soft tag that porter put on him cause of all those drops. ppl will remember him for short arming the passes not his one touchdown. i kinda feel sorry for him for that, but he should've kept his mouth shut or at least stepped up

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Stevens started the BS knowing full well how the Steelers team felt about getting The Bus his ring....What did he think was gonna happen when he made the remarks that it would be sad that Bettis will leave Detroit without a SB Title? Stevens MAY have cost the Seahawks the game before it even started.....We can only speculate.

Large_Ant
02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Joey Porter WAS right... at the end of the Colts game. What he didn't realize was that he'd be the beneficiary two weeks later. You guys are low class fans. You get the gift and you still can't accept it graciously.

Pathetic.

OX1947
02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
I think this was a Team Defense first, win. Saying that Porter wasnt a factor is stupid. They hardly ran on his side and when they did, he either got to alexander or stuffed the area enough to have everyone come in. No one on the team overprsued, no one thought about themselves making a play, they played sound defense. They filled in each gap and didnt fall for anything and made tackles.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
You guys are low class fans. You get the gift and you still can't accept it graciously.

Pathetic.
You've been crying for 24 hours haven't you...

You big baby, take your lumps like a man.

OX1947
02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Stevens took some pretty big hits from our secondary.

Stevens didnt really say anything bad, Porter was just looking for something tiny to create something large. Its a brillant move on Porter because it took all the Big Ben talk and other things away. All the media talked about was Porter.

As far as Stevens goes, that guy played his heart out even though he dropped passes. I think the reason he dropped passes were because of some of the massive hits he was taking. It seem like everytime they threw to him he had 3 guys around him and I saw Troy nail him in the back on one of the drops and my back cramped up for him.

By the way, props to Chris Hope for his hitting display. And congrats on winning a Championship in High School, College and the Pros.....

Sharkissle29
02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
It wasnt Porter. Pay attention.
it was porter, u pay atteniton. ur the 2nd person that has said this.

porter didnt make the hit, but him and farrior were right there at the end talkin the last smack

gostillerz
02-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Larg Ant- You and the rest of the Seattle wusses oughta give it up already. Your team didn't do anything to win the game. Couldn't kick a field goal, couldn't manage the clock, couldn't defend against our masterful trickery, ha ha, couldn't beat Ben on his worst game in a long time, couldn't stop fast Willie or Hines Ward..go blow it out your.......crybaby. By the way, your message boards are a joke too. You edit out any Steeler fan comments. Go play flag football ya bunch of pansies.

Large_Ant
02-06-2006, 07:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/02/06/super.bowl/index.html

Enjoy the win and the nations respect. :sofunny:

400_miles_from_DaBurgh
02-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Yah it was Porter, and that was class. Good for Porter, he can talk all the sh*t he wants. I believe it is him walking away with a ring. Not only that, but Porter had stats that aren't written down. Whoever said they didn't run to his side is correct and not only that, a few times he would spread out there backfield and mack had to come up and pick him up a few times. He wasnt a non factor.

400_miles_from_DaBurgh
02-06-2006, 07:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/02/06/super.bowl/index.html

Enjoy the win and the nations respect. :sofunny:

Nations respect? I don't ever remember having the nations respect and we sure don't mind. We aren't the colts. Either love us or hate us. Quit your whining and go back to the coffee shop. Go SuperSonics! :dang:

gostillerz
02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Large Ant-

Pittsburgh Steelers-Super Bowl Champions--get used to it!!!

By the way---where were all your fans? haha Can't they afford the price of tickets, or did the refs give the Steeler Nation free tickets, too?

Portland Hawk Fan
02-06-2006, 08:01 PM

Who is "Joey Porter"? Sorry, I didn't notice him last night. Or Troy Palamalu for that matter. Or really anything that resembled a "physical" Stealers* Team as I was warned about.

I did notice some dudes in striped uniforms f-ing the better team out of at least 21 points, however...

Congrats- Stevens only caught one TD pass that counted last night.

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Who is "Joey Porter"? Sorry, I didn't notice him last night. Or Troy Palamalu for that matter. Or really anything that resembled a "physical" Stealers* Team as I was warned about.

I did notice some dudes in striped uniforms f-ing the better team out of at least 21 points, however...

Congrats- Stevens only caught one TD pass that counted last night.

Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu are two of 53 players that held the Lombardi Trophy last night. I'm sorry Seattle wouldn't know what that feels like. Here's an analogy that might help you......Seattle's chances of winning a Superbowl are like Hasselbeck's hair........GONE!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Porter did what was asked of him, he wasnt asked to rush the Qb much in this game, he was asked to drop more into coverage..he did his job and contributed as much as anyone..but for some reason people dont seem to understand that.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu are two of 53 players that held the Lombardi Trophy last night. I'm sorry Seattle wouldn't know what that feels like. Here's an analogy that might help you......Seattle's chances of winning a Superbowl are like Joey Porter's defense........GONE!!!!

You're right- thanks to cheating refs with terrible towels, we don't know what if feels like to have what's rightfully ours.

You must be proud, Stealer* fan.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
You must be an embarassed Seahawk fan...

tony hipchest
02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
You're right- thanks to cheating refs with terrible towels, we don't know what if feels like to have what's rightfully ours.

very proud. but the refs did try to keep the seahawks in the game by negating 2 seattle fumbles. otherwise steelerfans would be even more proud with a 25 pt victory.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 09:11 PM
very proud. but the refs did try to keep the seahawks in the game by negating 2 seattle fumbles. otherwise steelerfans would be even more proud with a 25 pt victory.
Not to mention those two false starts early in the game... What were they thinking??? :grin:

I like this pic...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20060205/450superbowl06_dd_stevens_fumble.jpg