PDA

View Full Version : Ravens avoid Prime Time game at the Steelers again

steelerchad
04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Did the NFL cater to the Ravens again? Their complaint last year was that they didn't want to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh. The league has granted that wish 2 years in a row, while making the Steelers go to Baltimore for Prime Time games both years instead.
In addition, this year they put the Ravens at the Steelers in wk 4. With a possible Big Ben suspension for that game the league may have done the Ravens a huge favor. At Pittsburgh is almost always the toughest game on the Rats schedule.

steelcity1974
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
There is a weird Baltimore band wagon thing going on with the NFL. I don't understand how a team can make a schedule request like that and next thing you know the Ravens get the prime time games. The Steelers only scheduling request every year is NOT to schedule home games in mid/late November because of the High School playoffs. And what does the NFL do??? Back to back home games Nov 14 and 21. I just keep telling myself, we had the hardest scheudle in the NFL in 2008 and one of the easiest in 2009...and look how those seasons turned out. It's all BS anyway...these are professionals and the scheulde doesn't mean anything really...prepare and play like you're supposed to and it doesn't matter if it's at 1pm or 9pm, home or away.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM
So what, we just kick their arse at their place instead. No big deal. We'll punch these cowards right in the face on the effing moon if we have to. Who cares. We all know that the Steelers are the Dominant and Feared team in the AFC North, not the Ravens. Those fools are only good at one thing, and that's Talking.

vasteeler
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Baltimore Chickens

Edman
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
The Steelers go back to Baltimore again for primetime. No biggie. Dennis freakin' Dixon took them to Overtime last year.

Baltimore hasn't won in Heinz Field since 2006. Maybe without Ben, they may think they have an advantage, but you would think that from all the Ravens/Steelers games over the years that nothing comes easy.

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
So what, we just kick their arse at their place instead. No big deal. We'll punch these cowards right in the face on the effing moon if we have to. Who cares. We all know that the Steelers are the Dominant and Feared team in the AFC North, not the Ravens. Those fools are only good at one thing, and that's Talking.

thank you.

Men of Steel
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Did the NFL cater to the Ravens again? Their complaint last year was that they didn't want to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh. The league has granted that wish 2 years in a row, while making the Steelers go to Baltimore for Prime Time games both years instead.
In addition, this year they put the Ravens at the Steelers in wk 4. With a possible Big Ben suspension for that game the league may have done the Ravens a huge favor. At Pittsburgh is almost always the toughest game on the Rats schedule.

even if it does appear the ravens are getting their way.

WHO CARES. no matter who we play, or where, or when, the Steelers STILL have to go out and try to WIN. especially against the RATBIRDS.

let the league do whatever the hell they want with the schedules... its the Steelers job to try and win NO MATTER WHAT.

Indo
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
The p****es!
Just when Ray Rice was bringin' a teensy bit of respectability to that organization

Where are you Crow-Magnon?!

C'Mon Man!

Indo
04-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh...

The above post clearly says, "The PANSIES..."

Not sure what any of you guys were thinkin'... :wink02:

steeldawg
04-21-2010, 12:41 PM
We face them again with no big ben

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Stop whining, you hypocrites. I haven't heard anything about them making special requests this year. The schedule is what it is. The Ravens also start their season with 2 road games, and play the Patriots at Gillete stadium again (seems they do every season). Some of you really are idiots and total homers.

For the record, I wasn't whining and actually welcome the challenge of knocking your team's teeth right down their effing throats in their own building.

You punks are the ones crying about not playing in Pittsburgh at night...because we Embarress you every single time.

SMACK in the FACE BIATCH!!!!

Dodt
04-21-2010, 01:08 PM
just means a Fun road trip to baltimore

steelcity1974
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
And from an article I just read:

NFL suspensions could help Ravens
The Ravens get a scheduling advantage by playing the New York Jets in Week 1 and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 4, which will allow them to get around playing Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes and perhaps Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Rayvens52
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
The Ravens didn't say anything until we had played 3 night games in 4 years in Pitt, it's your time to take the lumps. Don't be pissed at the Ravens, it's not our fault your golden boy can't keep his hands off young girls! Enjoy 3rd place again and watching the playoffs on TV!

Indo
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
The Ravens didn't say anything until we had played 3 night games in 4 years in Pitt, it's your time to take the lumps. Don't be pissed at the Ravens, it's not our fault your golden boy can't keep his hands off young girls! Enjoy 3rd place again and watching the playoffs on TV!

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Ben.

As I recall, our 3rd -string QB took you to OT in YOUR HOUSE.

Rayvens52
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Ben.

As I recall, our 3rd -string QB took you to OT in YOUR HOUSE.

No but it does have something to do with us getting a free win in week 4. Sure you took us to OT last year, but we actually have a legit O now to go along with a top D. You guys enjoy this mess that Rapistberger got you into and we will just si back and laugh our way into the playoffs again!

Indo
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
No but it does have something to do with us getting a free win in week 4. Sure you took us to OT last year, but we actually have a legit O now to go along with a top D. You guys enjoy this mess that Rapistberger got you into and we will just si back and laugh our way into the playoffs again!

"Free win"? Perhaps you missed that game last year.

You almost lost with our 3rd-string QB. What makes you think he won't beat you this year?

fansince'76
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM

Doubtful, with the Murderer one year older and an overall ever-aging defense.

Piss off, troll. :coffee:

Nevermore
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Ahhh!! Must be getting close to football season! The bickering has begun!!

steelerchad
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Don't be pissed at the Ravens? I'm always pissed at the Ravens, because I love nothing more that stomping their guts out. The fact is, the Ravens complained to the league, (wined if you will) about it like a bunch of little bi****s.
It will be sweet when we handle them during a day game at home without Ben anyway.

Crow-Magnon
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
The p****es!
Just when Ray Rice was bringin' a teensy bit of respectability to that organization

Where are you Crow-Magnon?!

C'Mon Man!

Hey, I don't make the schedule!

Personally, I could care less when and where the Ravens play the Steelers. Home, away, Sunday night, Monday night.....even on Thursday. But honestly, I still have a hard time believing that a HC can request when and where to play a division rival and the NFL just says, "Ok, coach! Whatever you say!"

Especially two years running?