PDA

View Full Version : The Big Lie Continues: Ushers Handing out Terrible Towels

GoStillersGo
02-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Apparently on the Michael Medved show, a caller said he was at the game and said ushers were handing out Terrible Towels to people as they walked in.

Yeah, ludicrious, I know. But people are repeating this crap all over the place, on the radio, on message boards, and soon to be -- on tv.

We need to quash this rumor quickly. No false charges can go unanswered. If we allow this to stand, they can say anything. The Nazi propoganda machine was a proponent of The Big Lie: "If we say something long enough and loud enough, people will believe it." Sadly, that sentiment is true today...

Here's something I posted on one message board:

"they even conveniently sold those yellow Terrible Towels here Sunday at Ford Field."

Source: http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=144096&src=0

Why would they sell them if they were handing them out? That does not make sense.

rowedf
02-06-2006, 07:36 PM
WTF, let me guess they had people follow them around forcing them to wave them too....wow, people get really stupid when they lose (or maybe they are always that stupid).

Koopa
02-06-2006, 07:37 PM
well were you there? maybe they were, if everyone and their mother is saying it then everyone and their mother can't be wrong. and who cares they weren't forced to take em

rowedf
02-06-2006, 07:40 PM
well were you there? maybe they were, if everyone and their mother is saying it then everyone and their mother can't be wrong. and who cares they weren't forced to take em

Koopa, that was my freakin point!!! Who cares if they were giving them away, selling them, etc......you still need to raise it proudly above your head and wave it strong! And come on guys, how many would they have sold, you think a Steeler fan would travel to Detroit without a towel??

Koopa
02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Koopa, that was my freakin point!!! Who cares if they were giving them away, selling them, etc......you still need to raise it proudly above your head and wave it strong! And come on guys, how many would they have sold, you think a Steeler fan would travel to Detroit without a towel??

yeah i wouldn't have posted if i read yours first i was replying when there was only one post in this thread

GoStillersGo
02-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll tell you that I care because it's just another way the Seahawks sympathizers and Steelers haters will try to bring down the achievements of our Steelers.

melroseplace
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM
are you serious? that's so ridiculous. they reported all week about how the city was taken over with black n gold..

Sharkissle29
02-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll tell you that I care because it's just another way the Seahawks sympathizers and Steelers haters will try to bring down the achievements of our Steelers.
nothing can take away from our victory. we're too high!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I AM REALLY getting sick and damn tired of all this crap. This is our damn win, we won it... it wasnt the prettiest game ever but we are champions period !

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2006, 09:46 PM
My friends were there, and I know they weren't passing Terrible Towels out at the game. But the Seat Cushions they passed out looked great!

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 09:54 PM
The point is...the Super Bowl venue is supposed to be a nuetral zone.....non biased. If the venue was handing out terrible towels, then that is not following what the SB venue is supposed to be....and in turn creating a home field advantage.

Having said that....I haven't heard or read this anywhere until here.....nor do I think the crowd had anything to do with the outcome of the game....but that would be peculiar if it did come out that the venue employees were handing out terrible towels.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't think it was true in the least it doesn't make sense to me. Why would Pittsburgh fans need a terrible towel? It should be a given that every fan that made it there had their own already. I may question the officating but truthfully this seems to be over the line.

And the fact is no yellow towel made us lose we lost because of our mistakes end of story.

shevdog
02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
That game looked like a home game. Majority of the audience was the Steelers Nation and were all loaded with their collection of Terrible Towels!

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
That game looked like a home game. Majority of the audience was the Steelers Nation and were all loaded with their collection of Terrible Towels!
It was but that doesn't excuse our loss, if you want to be champion you win, home/road is irrevelant.

grahamburgher
02-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I *was* there. Vendors were selling Terrible Towels, but I can tell you that I didn't see a single person buy them. Folks were already armed with them and using them.

43Hitman
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I *was* there. Vendors were selling Terrible Towels, but I can tell you that I didn't see a single person buy them. Folks were already armed with them and using them.

Were they selling those green towels as well?

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 10:36 PM
It's not our fault that the Steelers are 700 times more appealing than the seahawks to the good people of Detroit! LOL

grahamburgher
02-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Were they selling those green towels as well?

Yeah.. they were selling stuff for both teams at vendor booths behind the seating areas. I think all the ruckus is about the fact that late in the 4th quarter those vendors brought boxes of terrible towels into the stands and tried to sell them from the aisles.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I AM REALLY getting sick and damn tired of all this crap. This is our damn win, we won it... it wasnt the prettiest game ever but we are champions period !

I do feel for ya Blitz.

The biggest game the Steelers have played and won for 26 years has been called into question.

Most of the nonsense will die down in a week or two...once people start to look towards the draft.

Personally Im all for a 32 week season - so we dont have to wait so damn long for the start of a new season!

NM

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 06:15 PM
The point is...the Super Bowl venue is supposed to be a nuetral zone.....non biased. If the venue was handing out terrible towels, then that is not following what the SB venue is supposed to be....and in turn creating a home field advantage.

if it was SUPPOSED to be at a nuetral site it would be held at a stadium not currently occupied by a nfl team. funny thing is i bet if detroit had made it to the sb this year there still wouldve been more steelerfans there than lion fans. thats just how good and widespread the steeler fanbase is.

43Hitman
02-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah.. they were selling stuff for both teams at vendor booths behind the seating areas. I think all the ruckus is about the fact that late in the 4th quarter those vendors brought boxes of terrible towels into the stands and tried to sell them from the aisles.

Ahh, I see. Well they were prolly only doing that since they had such a huge surplus of them. Any real Steelers fan already has a towel..