PDA

View Full Version : Draft scenarios if Ben was traded to Seattle)

Jlambert58
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
At this point i think the only team that has the interest/ammo to land Roethlisberger is Seattle.

Ben is traded to Seattle for their #6 overall, #14 overall, their 2011 first and a lower round pick(prob a 4th or lower)

Steelers select Eric Berry at #6, Rolando McLain at #14, and Maurice Pouncey or Anthony Davis at #18. In the 2nd round they grab Golden Tate, next season they draft a QB such as Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, or Andrew Luck, and Pitt's own Greg Romeus. FYI I would rather Ben stayed, but if the Steelers wanted to overhaul, this is a decent opportunity. What do you guys think of this scenario? Should the Steelers stick with Big Ben and hope we can get another super bowl before some of the vets retire(Hines, Aaron smith, Harrison, Farrior) or rebuild?

SS43Polamalu
04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
IF we can get that much for him, then yes do it. However i HIGHLY doubt we could get that much now, i could see them sending #6 and maybe a few other pick not in the first round.

Jlambert58
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
IF we can get that much for him, then yes do it. However i HIGHLY doubt we could get that much now, i could see them sending #6 and maybe a few other pick not in the first round.

Cutler got 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder. Although Ben will most likely be suspended for 4 games, hes in his prime and signed until he will retire. Therefore I think the Steelers should easily get that much for him

SS43Polamalu
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Cutler got 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder. Although Ben will most likely be suspended for 4 games, hes in his prime and signed until he will retire. Therefore I think the Steelers should easily get that much for him

Maybe, if we're lucky two first rounders and w/e else but I'd be willing to bet we won't get 3 first rounders. I'd love it if we did, but i can't see that happening.