PDA

View Full Version : The Draft

Geiger
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Lets just assume for a minute that BB gets traded away for a top ten pick in the draft tomorrow, which is what is being reported. They have got to be doing it to get a QB right? So, who do we pick up and why?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I dont see them going for a QB if they cant get Bradford. They can trade out of the top 10 for more draft picks and then get McCoy or Tebow. Remember the steelers have a ton of picks already and if they pick up another pick (in the top 10 they are free to do most anything.

If nothing else.. Ben has made our draft very interesting

Ricco Suavez
04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I for one do not like any of this years crop of QBs. I would be more incline to take a chance on Pike in a later round than Bradford, McCoy, Clausen, or Tebow. If we trade Ben than I hope we can make it through this year, and either use next years pick on someone or develop Dixon or maybe a Pike into a serviceable QB. That would free up higher draft choice to help the secondary and o-line. Then hope Sweed finally shows some spark.

Geiger
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the QB's coming out this year, but, I think Tebow is the best fit. He's a big guy who can take a hit, much like BB. He's a physical player instead of a more finesse QB. He looks to be a pretty good fit all around the more I think about it. On top of it all, he's a guy with strong morals which seems to be what the big guys are looking for.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
TEBOW.....IMO is the most underrated.....The guy is a winner...he doesnt like to lose......Perfect fit for the steelers

pancake
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I die little inside everytime I see someone say that Tebow is our QB of the future... :puke:

steelerohio
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
I agree... it would be interesting if they go for a high rated QB this year, especially Tebow... I would hold off on he whole QB of the future deal though...

pancake
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the QB's coming out this year, but, I think Tebow is the best fit. He's a big guy who can take a hit, much like BB. He's a physical player instead of a more finesse QB. He looks to be a pretty good fit all around the more I think about it. On top of it all, he's a guy with strong morals which seems to be what the big guys are looking for.

you forgot to mention, not accurate, bad throwing motion, can't read defenses, average arm...ect Did I forget anything?

Silverback92
04-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I die little inside everytime I see someone say that Tebow is our QB of the future... :puke:

I know what you mean. I have felt this way up until recently. I despise any team from Florida. Gators especially. Thus, Tebow and all the hype he got in college made me sick.

It's hard to deny that the guy has had more skeptics and critics (just ask Jerry Jones lol) than anyone in this draft class. It's like he has become an underdog for success at the next level, which is understandable given the nature of his success in college being due to playstyle that does not lend itself to the NFL. But I do admire the fact that he has been busting his ass in order to be taken seriously. At this point, I'm almost pulling for the guy to have at least some success wherever he ends up ( as long as it isn't another AFC North team ).

All that being said; I'm still not sure how I will feel if I hear his name announced in after the words "the Pittsburgh Steelers select..." I may still puke. Who knows? :flap:

steelersfanman92
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
TEBOW.....IMO is the most underrated.....The guy is a winner...he doesnt like to lose......Perfect fit for the steelers

I know I am one of the few, but I agree with you and I would hope if they make the mistake of trading Ben that they draft Tebow. People can say what ever they want but you will not find a more coachable or hardworking player anywhere.

OldSchoolSteelersFan
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I think the draft could get interesting if someone in the top two or three went for the trade, giving us the chance to pick up Suh...can't see them going for Bradford or Clausen. Can you imagine Suh on the D-line, wreaking havoc, with a healthy Troy shoring up the secondary that was lost without him? Pike in the later rounds seems like a great choice. I'd also love to see them get Gerhart to be a Bus-like back. They need a good corner and receiver, too.....sigh. I foresee dark times in the 'Burgh for a little while at least, if they cut Ben loose....just wish they'd scare the hell out of him with the trade talk and humble him.

BigBenFn7
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
If the Steelers took Claussen, a large part of me would die inside. I hate that dude.

wdsteel
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
hey can we trade Ben to lets say Bills for 1st round pick..HOLD ON:wink02: THEN
in week 3 trade Leftwich and nest year 5 or 6 for Ben :flap:

lol this will piss you guys off :rofl: trade ben to Raiders pick 10...
then we trade 9 , 18 , Kerry Collins or did he retire yet?

KeiselPower99
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Unless its a top tackle I dont see a top 10 pick being worthy of wearing the black and gold. Ben isnt going anywhere.

Chidi29
04-22-2010, 02:37 PM

As opposed to....the guys that like to lose?